The Rust Belt Market Reviews

The Rust Belt Market 7
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/20/2018

Venue Perfection

My experience with The Rust Belt Market was perfect. This venue is unique, beautiful & so easy to work with. The service was great, and I highly recommend using Holiday Market - who is one of their preferred catering vendors. If you are looking for a setting out of the ordinary, this is the place for you.

Sent on 11/08/2018

The Rust Belt Market's reply:

Hey Katelyn, your wedding day was absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks again for choosing us for your special day!

Carrie · Married on 06/16/2018

We couldn't have picked a better venue and group to work with for our wedding day. The Rust Belt is a unique venue for any event. The decor they have there is so special and you really don't have a lot to do outside of what the venue already offers. Although you have to essentially bring everything in for your event they have a great list of preferred vendors you can work with to get your day put together. Christina was a pleasure to work with and made the process really easily. We highly recommend using this unique space for your wedding!

The Rust Belt Market 8
    The Rust Belt Market 9
    The Rust Belt Market 10

Tatum · Married on 05/05/2018

We used the venue for a company party for our employees and they absolutely loved the layout and all of the fun eclectic details!

Dawn · Married on 04/07/2018

We had such a wonderful experience. Christina was easy to communicate with and using their preferred vendors made wedding planning easy. The space has a cool vibe that’s memorable for guests.

The Rust Belt Market 11

Jody · Married on 04/05/2018

If you want everyone who attends your wedding or event to tell you that they have never been to a nicer or more unique venue, then book the Rust Belt Market. The look has a funky, rustic look, and the price is well within reason. The staff and management are helpful, friendly and willing to offer helpful suggestions if you ask. I am still fielding compliments from my friends and family about the venue, close to a week later.

Shelly · Married on 03/31/2018

We are coming up on a month since our wedding at the Rust Belt and are still randomly hearing great reviews from our friends and family who had an amazing time there! The occasion brought in many newcomers to the area and they were so impressed with how singularly beautiful the space is. We partnered well with Christina, the events manager, who was extremely patient and responsive as we worked clumsily through all the details. She really made things easy, and everything we discussed went smoothly on the day. Michael was a wonderful bartender and helped us concoct our signature bride and groom cocktails before the big day. We heard many compliments about his easy going but attentive service as well. I would not hesitate to recommend the Rust Belt and its solid team to anyone wanting to throw a party that everyone will remember!

The Rust Belt Market 12
    The Rust Belt Market 13

Meredith · Married on 12/09/2017

We hosted our company holiday party at the Rust Belt in December. It was an awesome experience! Our guests loved the venue and enjoyed being able to use the Rusty Bucks to shop. Christina did a fantastic job helping us plan our event. She was extremely patient with us and all of our questions and requests. All of the staff were excellent. Many of our employees have asked me if we can have more events there in the future. We will definitely consider it! Highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an affordable, fun space for their party. My only regret is forgetting my camera at home and not being able to get more photos. Cost below includes our premium bar package and Rusty Bucks for our guests.

The Rust Belt Market 14
    The Rust Belt Market 15
    The Rust Belt Market 16
    The Rust Belt Market 17

Adam · Married on 10/20/2017

What a wonderful venue and a wonderful staff they have running it. If you’re looking to think outside the box for your wedding venue then this is the place. No boring banquet hall like all the other. Just a beautiful unique space to host your event. I would 10/10 recommend to anyone.

Sean · Married on 07/27/2017

I had booked our company's 30th Anniversary party at the Rust Belt and everyone was amazed at how eclectic and hip the venue was. The staff were all amazing and very quick with any and all services. Such a great experience all around. Would recommend the venue for parties and weddings!

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

Absolutely perfect. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about The Rust Belt! Choosing this venue was the best decision I made in regards to my wedding. Everything was truly special, very unique, and all my guests loved the space!

Matthew · Married on 06/17/2017

We admittedly had few demands and quite a bit of flexibility, but working with the folks at the Rust Belt was unbelievably easy. All we added to the room were simple table linens, small flower centerpieces in mason jars, and a $12 disco light, and the venue was gorgeous. You can get an unforgettable room, with a unique photo booth setting and a top notch bar for pretty cheap. They made sure they saved a parking space for our food truck, they offered services that I hadn't thought of (at reasonable prices) and our guests absolutely loved the place!

Kenneth · Married on 06/03/2017

We are SO happy we chose The Rust Belt Market as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! This event space and the people that own and run it were a perfect match for our own sensibilities - classy but still down-to-earth, fun and laid-back but still very professional. Christina (event manager), Chris and Tiffany (owners), Steve (table/chair rental) and our bartenders were all fantastic and very easy to work with. We really appreciated that the space is kind of pre-decorated and offers a lot of built-in amenities (like the bars, stage, A/V, lighting), but has so much more personality than a banquet hall. Our caterer and DJ were also recommendations from the Rust Belt and they were both complete home runs that totally complemented the whole vibe of the venue! If you're like us and want something different than a banquet hall experience, but also aren't interested in DIY-ing every single thing, the Rust Belt Market can't be beat!

Sent on 06/07/2017

The Rust Belt Market's reply:

Thanks again Ken and Lizzy! It was a pleasure working with you guys and your special day was gorgeous!

tyra · Married on 06/01/2017

Wonderful service and venue!!!!! Christine was very accommodating. Our event was not a wedding but fabulous and beautiful. I would definitely recommend!

Megan · Married on 05/28/2017

We LOVED having our wedding at The Rust Belt Market. The atmosphere and decor of the space left very little for us to have to do and it was so easy to bring our vision to life. Our guests all arrived early for the opportunity to shop the vendors. Michael and the bar tender working with him gave us excellent service and were extremely accommodating to our needs. We really wanted a casual, laid back wedding and this venue was the perfect space for our non traditional event.

Sent on 05/30/2017

The Rust Belt Market's reply:

Hey Megan, We were so honored to be chosen for your special day! Our staff had nothing but amazing things to say about your guests and vendors. So happy to hear you had a positive and memorable experience! Ps, Your decor was beautiful and we loved your photo backdrop! Congrats again to you both!

Justin · Married on 07/11/2015

Rust Belt Market provided a great atmosphere and the hipster wedding vibe that we wanted. When we were dealing with Chris and Tiffany, they provided prompt service and were very flexible with the venue space. We purchased the coffee shop in addition to the wedding venue space which allowed for a little more room for our guests. At the end of the day, we fit 150 people into the space and had a great sized dance floor. We couldn't have wished for anything better on our special day.

Laura · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I recently had our baby shower at Rust Belt Market - we had an exceptional experience and loved everything about the venue. The event space is unique and beautiful. Our event coordinator, Christina, was so helpful and knowledgeable with coordinating everything from set up to ideas for how to help the brunch run smoothly. We had so many guests compliment us on the venue - it was so nice for them to be able to walk around and explore the market during the shower.
    The venue does become a little pricier after taking into account the rental space, bar fees, catering/linens, etc., however we felt everything was well worth the money.
    I would highly recommend Rust Belt Market for your next event!:)

Avaya · Married on 11/13/2014

There awsome at everything you should book or buy something there. I give this place 2 thumbs up

Paulette · Married on 05/13/2018

3.5

Our daughter and her husband had their wedding at Rust Belt Market. The venue was perfect for them. Christrine was very good to work with. The guests enjoyed visiting the Marketplace before the ceremony. Holiday Market was the vendor of choice. Although there were a couple of things during the planning process, the night of the wedding went very well and guests raved about the food. The staff from Holiday Market was friendly and polite that evening. It would have been nice to get the evening started a little earlier because it went by way too fast! Overall, we are very pleased that our daughter and her husband chose Rust Belt and we would not hesitate to recommend them to anyonw.

Patrick · Married on 10/29/2016

The space, set-up, and bar service were all fantastic, and our guests had a great time perusing the vendors before things got started! My only caution would be to look into parking for your event as space in that area can be an issue. We reserved a lot with the city so our guests were covered, which was fantastic.

• Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 07/29/2017

1.5
      0.5
      1.0

Although our reception space was beautiful, I would NOT recommend them. Their wedding coordinator shows little to no compassion for a stressed out bride. They don’t bend on any rules (wouldn’t let us get into the space even 15 minutes early without charging us, wouldn’t let us use the empty closet or the empty fridge to store a few things for the people helping us setup without charging us, etc). The owner promised us something, admitted he promised us something, and still did not deliver on his promise because he didn’t want to upset his wife. In addition, they make you provide your own water. Your guest cannot go to the bar and ask for a water, you have to provide your own water stations or bottles, it’s a hassle and cost you even more money. Lastly, you have to do a deep clean in the space before you leave or you’ll get charged. Oh yeah, and the bartenders traded our Cupcakes that we were saving in the back for pizza from our food truck #NotCool I could keep going on them but this post is already long enough, lol.

Sent on 01/03/2018

The Rust Belt Market's reply:

Hey Aubrey, All feedback is useful for future clients when considering our venue. I’d be happy to explain a few of the concerns you’ve brought up. Regarding early set up, as explained to you before your wedding day we do allow 10am access for an additional fee. Our standard time allows 3pm set up. Our coat closet is also included in our rental so I’m not sure where that confusion came in, you gain access to the closet at 3pm as well. We have a small cooler in the kitchen which you did use for the missing cupcakes you spoke of, they were left behind by whoever you had drop them off. Our bar packages are able to include couples cocktails when you purchase a liquor package. Since you purchased beer and wine only they are not included. I know this was explained many times, including in the conversation you requested for the owner to contact your mother. We always welcome clients to stop into the venue and look at the space during our marketplace hours however I am the sole contact for all venue details. Our staff does not know every detail regarding the events and our policies. Many couples consider food trucks when planning their wedding but may not realize that they don’t include water, table service, bussing, trash service and most importantly clean up. The space is expected to be left how it is found, the prep kitchen wiped down and mopped and all decor from the event space removed. When I emailed you about forgetting your marriage license I also let you know that your security deposit was refunded in full. Please let me know if you did not receive this and I can have our accounts checked. Lastly, hiring event coordinators and professional catering companies make your special day such a breeze! We always recommend to our clients to keep this in mind when choosing their vendors.

Nicole · Married on 09/04/2016

1.4
      1.0

Owners and event coordinator appear to be very inexperienced. No one checked in with us prior to the wedding, on the day of, or even after to see how everything went. I'm getting this survey over 2 months later. The table/chairs guy isn't flexible at all and he's quite rude- shouldn't have to be forced to rent from him when he isn't local, isn't helpful with planning or understanding setup etc. The event space is beautiful, the bartenders were great... other than that, complete lack of customer service. We were very disappointed in that part considering the money spent. Luckily it wasn't enough to ruin our wedding. Passed on our thoughts and overall review to all of our family/friends.

Sent on 11/06/2016

The Rust Belt Market's reply:

Hi Nicole, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm disappointed that you would leave such poor feedback considering the personal attention we gave to your special day. As the owner of the venue, I met with you, your fiancé and father while I was training a new Events Manager. I was upfront about our in-house rentals since you had expressed interest in providing equipment through a different company. All three of you agreed and we moved forward with the booking process as it wasn't a deal breaker. Our Events Manager was prompt in sending you a proposal with all of our policies and financial requirements clearly displayed--which you approved right away. When you asked our manager for a beer we did not carry I said absolutely no problem and set up an account with an additional distributor so your father would have his favorite beer at no extra charge whatsoever. Furthermore, our manager communicated with you several times via email and phone about bar packages and catering details among other things. At no point did you express dissatisfaction. I do understand that you didn't use as many chairs as you had paid for and requested a refund for the difference 2 days after your wedding. Our staff spent time setting them up and rearranging the room from ceremony to reception. I've read through the many emails between you and Steve who owns all of our on-site tables and chairs, and he patiently expressed concern with your layout but you signed off on it anyway. We stand by our policies--which are an industry standard with other rental companies. Your wedding day was beautiful and your security deposit was refunded in full. If you needed anything else prior, we were just a call away.