35 Reviews for The Rose Tree Boutique

Bride (1)
Veils (1)
30 The Rose Tree Boutique Reviews

2.0

Long story short, extremely limited plus size selection. Only one thing I didn't want to see/try on satin A-line dress, what do they keep trying to put me in, satin A-lines. I get it, A-lines generally look great on plus size brides. But I hate them, I was pretty emphatic about wanting a mermaid or at minimum a fit and flare. Found a couple dresses I liked(but couldn't try on, cause limited sample sizes), told them I was hesitant to drop $2k on a dress I couldn't even try the shape on first. So I wanted to know the designer to confirm they offered plus size. Was told they didn't know who the designer was, all the dresses had the tags removed, but they promised it could be ordered in plus size. Say what... If you don't know who it is how can you promise me I can get it plus size!? Ton's of designers do not carry plus size options in certain lines, not to mention the whole Alfred Angelo debacle. I said I was very interested and I wanted them to do up a quote on one gown I liked but I would not be purchasing anything that day.

Kept getting the hard sale tactics, kept politely declining, while I was changing into my street clothes, yet another consultant walked off with the gown before I could take pictures. I politely asked if they could bring it back so I could get a good look at it while not trying to hold it up in front of a mirror while I took some pictures to show my family who couldn't travel with us. Mom and I were clearly chatting about it, looking at the gown, I flipped it around to take a picture of the back and the same consultant tried to take it away again. Finally, frustrated and more than a bit peeved, I snapped a picture of the back and went to wait for the quote. Who knows if the dress was reasonably valued, I still don't know the designer. Appointment was a trainwreck from start to finish,no plus size bride wants to hold up a gown that's several sizes to small and try and guess what it will look like on her body.

Profile Picture Carrie, 12/21/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Veils
1.4

This place is a rip off! We bought a wedding dress from this place back in September and put it in layaway. Paid $2200 and paid it off in a couple months. Three months before the wedding we decided not to get married. Mind you we still hadn’t came and got the dress, hadn’t touched the dress at all since trying it on and the rude, very RUDE manage tells me they have no refund policy and that I can keep the dress for when I get married again. Yeah okay. This place will never have business from me again!! Don’t waste your money, David’s bridal has a wider selection, cheaper, and friendlier.

Profile Picture Holli, 6/2/18, 1 Review
3.2

After some confusion, we got our issue sorted out.

Profile Picture Brett, 11/20/17, 1 Review
0.5

This place is terrible. I do not recommend this place. There have even been criminal charges against the owner. Don't risk losing your money to a unprofessional criminal.

Profile Picture Joan, 5/2/17, 1 Review
1.8

Either the staff is poorly managed or they are encouraged to withhold information about EXTRA charges. They will do and say anything to get the sale without giving you ALL the information and hidden charges. My daughter found a dress online and when we showed them the picture of the dress they said they could order it and it would only be $649. Great...we were excited and ordered the dress. We did the layaway contract that reflected the $649 cost. When we went back to pick up the dress there was an extra charge of $100...when I asked they informed me this charge was for sizes over 16. First of all my contract stated $650 and not once did they tell me there was an extra charge. When I discussed this with the manager all she could say was that she was sorry that I hadn't read the contract that stated there may be extra charges. My contact also stated the dress was $650. I understand the charge...bigger size, more fabric...but the attitude behind the managers explanation was appalling. If she would have taken some responsibility and apologized for the lack of forthright information, I wouldn't have been so upset. After going home and doing some research on this company I realized that these actions and attitudes are the way they do business.....I even found criminal charges against this store. I encourage customers to read the reviews and educate yourself before dealing with this store. They do have beautiful clothes, the staff was helpful and the seamstress did a wonderful job on the alterations but a dress that started out being priced at $650 ended up costing me $900 when it was all said and done. The manager should be ashamed of herself for running her business this way.

Profile Picture Renee, 4/29/17, 1 Review
3.9

I found the dress of my dreams here. Great price for the dress and veil. Can't wait to go back to look for bridesmaid dresses. The workers were helpful.

Profile Picture User4934621, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Love the RoseTree! Forever and Always!!

Profile Picture User4911025, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

My bridal consultant mariana was the best.

Profile Picture User4979540, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Since I was in high school I always use the Rosetree for every formal need and I was never disappointed. I have had over 10 dresses purchased from the store each of them being unique and special and everyone always asked where came from I told them Rosetree of course! All of the negative comments on this site do not compare to the wonderful experiences that I've had as I know several other people had the same type of experience! RTree is where I plan to purchase my wedding dress as well as in the other formal dress I'll ever need hopefully Rosetree is still around when my daughter is ready for her formal experiences ☺️

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

found my shoes clerk helped me find just what I needed lots to choose from got what I needed very helpful

Profile Picture Mandy, 7/4/15, 1 Review
1.0

The only positive I have is the young lady who originally helped us with selecting my daughter's gown. From that moment on, this experience has been disappointing. I received a phone call about a missed payment (with interest added to my account) before the payment was due. We scheduled an appointment to pick out bridesmaid dresses and had to wait over an hour for measuring due to lack of staff. When we returned a few month later for the dresses to be fitted, 6 of us were put in the back room to try on and left there for 2 hours waiting for someone to assist us. The air conditioning was broken and it was stifling (it was 85 degrees this day). There were only a few other shoppers in the store that day, so I'm unsure why it took so long for us to be assisted or why we couldn't have been moved to another area, since there was no one in 2 of the 3 bridal areas. They were also too busy on this day to assist my daughter in and out of her gown for a fitting on this day. Her dress was sent out to be altered on May 8 and wasn't completed until May 29. We were never notified when her dress was done and when I called to check on the status, was told I should have received a computer generated email. When I informed the staff I hadn't received an email, she treated me as if I were lying and said the estimate of return was on the receipt and we should've began calling on that day. All I can say is I have purchased numerous dresses here over the years, but customer service has become non-existent at The Rose Tree. A courtesy call when your wedding dress is ready seems to be a small expectation, but even this was beyond their realm of standard procedures. Even though they are the boutique nearest to us, I would gladly drive out of the area if it ensured excellent customer service.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I found Rosetree Boutique at the Huntington Mall in West Virginia, and was sent to their Ceredo store for bridal attire. I had a limited budget, but I was determined to buy my attire there because their selection of gowns and accessories were so beautiful. I was waited on by a salesperson by the name of Becky, and she did a wonderful job in helping me find the perfect wedding dress and accessories. She also helped me stay within my budget. With all the pressures a bride can feel, Becky was helpful, professional, and relaxed, and she helped me to relax as well. She also followed through on every aspect of my order, which were alterations, exchanges (items not taken out of the store), and mailing out in a timely manner an ordered bridal jacket. I would highly recommend her as a salesperson, and would also highly recommend Rosetree Boutique for their extensive and beautiful selections, and excellent sales help.

Profile Picture Lillian, 5/1/15, 1 Review
0.5

Worst experience ever! Don’t waste your time. They will charge extra on your credit card and the service is terrible.

Profile Picture Robin, 4/23/15, 1 Review
3.7

They were okay. I wish we had more options for dresses in Huntington.

Profile Picture User4960440, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter in law got her wedding gown here and all of us in the wedding did also. Great service. They were attentive to all of our needs and made the wedding a stressfree event.

Profile Picture User4979256, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

★☆☆☆☆ Would give this place a 0 if I could. I went there in 2010 for my senior prom dress…absolutely terrible experience. I found a dress I liked there, but the dress they had on the floor was size 14. I’m a size 0, so they told us they could order the dress for us in my size...after trying and failing to convince me to buy the floor model and let them alter in to my size. First, the dress was late…VERY LATE. Eventually, we received a letter (in the mail, which seemed odd) saying that the dress was in. So we went to Ceredo to pick it up, only to wait over an hour for them to tell us it must have been a mistake, as the dress was not in. They offered free alterations to make up for us driving 2 hours for nothing. Two weeks later (and barely over a week away from my prom), they called saying the dress was in again. We drove back to Ceredo, and I tried the dress on to be altered–I’m short to begin with, so I always have to have hems taken up. The dress didn’t look or feel right to be a 0, and then they tried to charge us for the alterations and called my mom a liar when she tried to remind them that we’d been told we would get free alterations. We took the dress with us to a different seamstress, and she told us that the dress had been altered previously; there was no way this dress was a 0–it had been sized down from at least a size 10...so I guess they gave me the floor model anyway, regardless of my telling them I wanted to order it in my size. The whole experience was awful.

Profile Picture Briana, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Over the last few years my daughter and daughter in law have used the Rosetree for their wedding dresses and bridal parties with NO problems! I myself have purchased my (plus size) attire for both weddings and was very impressed with all aspects of both experiences including my alterations! The quality, professionalism and patience with a MOB and MOG they handled very well during our normal wedding chaos! Also I LOVE their one of a kind clothing they carry and their new line for young girls! My granddaughters will be long time patrons of the Rosetree and I love it!

Profile Picture Ruth, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
0.1

The Rose Tree Bridal Boutique was completely dishonest in our transactions with them during the fall of 2013. Purchasing a wedding dress and accessories from Rose Tree resulted in having to spend nearly $1,000 to fix its mistakes. The Rose Tree claimed it was ordering a Size 0 for my wedding (in a dress we later found out isn’t made in a Size 0).
After a late arrival (and being charged for rush shipping) the dress did not fit, and it became very clear that they had taken the floor-model Size 10 dress and altered it. The dress had to undergo $630 in alterations to be wearable. The veil came with a hole in it, and we were sold a used floor-model belt and headband for full price. We have discussed the situation with the personnel, but they refuse to refund any money because we did not take the dress back to them immediately. But why would we? We knew they were being dishonest about the dress the whole time.
I am providing specific details and revealing photos in this blog post: http://www.beansinacan.com/?p=1796

Profile Picture Elaine, 11/17/13, 1 Review
0.5

I had several bad experiences with the Rose Tree that started as soon as we decided which dress to buy. Misty, our assistant was great with helping us to pick a dress. She was patient and helpful and wonderful during our first fitting. Misty told us we would receive $200 off the dress and 1/2 off the veil if we purchased the same day. When we went to the register, they rang the dress up at full price. When we asked why we didn't receive the discount, they said we had to ask for it. The girl was rude, but re-did our order for a discount. We purchased my dress in February and my wedding was September. My dress was scheduled for July and arrived a month late.

In the meantime, we took my sister there for her maid of honor dress fitting. It was a completely different experience. When we purchased my sister's dress, they were very unhelpful and made us feel uncomfortable about the delivery dates. My sister's dress was scheduled to be in by the end of May (two weeks from the time we ordered it). Her dress came in a week after mine.

The fittings were with a sales associate, not the seamstress. They told us they would fix it one way, but when we went back to pick up the dresses, my sister's dress was not there and mine was a MESS!!!! I decided to take my dress from them and take it to The Dress Maker in Charleston. It cost me $600 to fix it; half the price of my dress. Not to mention I had to pay for Rose Tree to mess it up. They also messed up my sister's dress and we had no time to fix it before my wedding. They were horrible to us. They treated us very badly and were rude and acted like we were out of line for being upset about their quality of service.

STAY AWAY!!!

Profile Picture User3805383, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding gown from this boutique & I had a wonderful experience. My consultant helped me find the perfect accessories for my perfect dress. I couldn't have been happier with my service or experience at the Rosetree & I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a place to get all the attire taken care of for their special day!

Profile Picture User4911018, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

Horrible experience with the rose tree!!! I purchased a 2500 gown with them and wanted it altered when I went to have it altered they told me it would fit perfectly by this time I had spent 800 dollars so far they called me back thirty mins later and told me they would need to order extra material that I would have to pay for I said absolutely not(they had previously messed up my sisters gown) i told them I didn't want the dress and wanted my money back they stated I signed a contract and I knew I hadn't. I went to David's bridal and got another dress. The rose tree called me the next day and was screaming over top of me I told them I would have to call my attorney. The rose tree charged my grandmothers account 1200 dollars and tried for 4900 dollars before the bank caught it. We contacted the attorney generals office and they are now making the rosé tree pay it all back but I had a horrible experience and recommend no one to ever go there they are unprofessional rude and charge credit cards without authorization!!!!

Profile Picture User2456693, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

Horrible !!!!!! I wish we would of NEVER heard of this place...we bought a 500.00 prom dress here and our mistake- we did not look at it until prom day and it was the dress off the rack !!!!!!!!!! It had snags all over it and the beading was falling off. and when i called they said there was nothing they could do...Save yourself some heartache and find another dress shop. they were rude, very obnoxious and do not stand behind anything they say !!!!!!!

Profile Picture Debi, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding gown last June at the RoseTree for my May 2012 wedding. I got the gown and I wanted and they let me make payments on it for 6 months with no interest! They helped me find exactly what I needed and let me take my time to pay for it, so now, I can pay for other things in my wedding. I love working with Ann. She helped me with my gown and bridesmaids, mother's outfits, and my flowergirl. I couldn't have done all of this without her help! It was like having a free, personal wedding planner! Now my wedding is just 2 months away and everything is on track!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved my experience with the Rosetree! They went out of their way to make my day as special as it could be! They spent a great deal of time helping me pick out the perfect dress, I had no problems with alterations, and they were always friendly and professional! I would recommend them to anyone considering buying their dress for their special day! Couldn't have been happier!!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/25/11, 3 Reviews
0.4

I spent over $5000 in this store and when I got my shoes back from being dyed they were yellow and very dirty looking. When I asked what could be done to fix the shoe they gave no answer to me. The lady that was in charge of dying them refused to talk to me and avoided me at all cost. they only solution she could give was give her her money back?! well when your wedding is in 2 weeks thats not very helpful. she refused to help me and was very unprofessional!! would never recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Beth , 2/27/10, 1 Review