43 Reviews for The Romanesque Room & Castle Catering

Bartender(s) (1)
Open Bar (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
43 The Romanesque Room & Castle Catering Reviews

After researching numerous venues and visiting several, the Romanesque Room is by far the most luxurious, most flexible, and best value that we've seen. Additionally, their catering options are phenomenal as is their location and parking.

Profile Picture Mark, 9/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

I was the day-of coordinator for a couple that had their wedding at Castle Green. The Castle Catering staff was absolutely amazing! They provided amazing service, their staff went above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom were taken care of. As a vendor, you work with a lot of catering companies, but this was by far one of my most positive experiences. I strongly recommend them!

Profile Picture SR, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was such a pleasure working with Ron and Starla. They were very professional and very accommodating to our requests. Duane and all the wait staff were so attentive and courteous during our event that all we were able to do was have fun! It went so smoothly that if we were to do it all over again, we would still pick Castle Catering to do our event! It was such a great experience!

Profile Picture Shiela, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I just got married a month ago! We had a church wedding and our reception at Castle Catering-The Romanesque Room. The goal for our wedding was: a beautiful atmosphere (great backdrop for our wonderful photographer), delicious food (we had mediterranean by Vic), great music, and an open bar. We wanted to have an intimate guest list (75) and go very simple on decorations and flowers so we can spend more money on those main things, and with such an gorgeous venue we were able to do that. Even though we had 75 guests, the venue was set up so well that it didn't feel too big for the amount of people that were there. The extra perk of this venue was the people we worked with to make our wedding day happen: Starla, Ron, Duane, and the rest of the amazing servers. We had a little less than 6 months to plan our wedding, but they made it so simple and easy. Communication was amazing, we were always able to coordinate our schedules to meet with Ron (especially since I was driving up from Orange County), and they helped us save money where we could (food, flowers, and having an open bar!). They know what they're doing and are very good at it! When we got to our reception, we waited in a room before we did our grand entrance and they set up tons of water and appetizers that all our guests were eating during cocktail hour and we had plates of food already served for us waiting at our table after the entrance and first dance, and we actually got to eat! My husband and I would look at each other throughout the evening and just glow from how beautiful and smoothly everything turned out. Definitely worth the money. We are so grateful! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Edward, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I am so happy we got to work with Castle Catering for our wedding at Castle Green. Love the convenience of them being next door. They truly made our experience enjoyable. Ron and Starla are great people to work with. Starla is so helpful and responsive to emails. That is a huge plus for a bride looking for timely responses. Ron is so informative and gives thorough details on all the options. All options are great and you really do get a good deal compared to other catering services. Their food was absolutely delicious. As a busy bride I was mingling during cocktail hour and they put some appetizers in the bridal room, which was so nice and thoughtful. I'm so thankful I got to enjoy some delicious appetizers (pot stickers & coconut shrimp) to hold me over for dinner. Our dinner was so good all our guests raved about it (tri tip & lemon chicken) The staff was so friendly and very attentive making sure everything was good the entire wedding. They did a great job helping my day of coordinator set up the ceremony and reception. I am so thankful Castle Catering was a helping hand in making our wedding truly one of the best days!

Profile Picture Brianna, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Well, we are super glad we chose Castle Catering to take care of us for our wedding last Friday! We found Castle Green through The Knot, and when we set up with them, Castle Catering (not related, just same building which is REALLLLY convienent in these times) was their preferred vendor for all the food and drink things. Ron and Starla are the sweetest and caring people and get things done to the T. Keep it simple, no funny business. They aren’t like most catering companies because they have restaurant partners. So instead of being stuck with just one kind of thing, they accommodate to different clients which is amazing in California. They also helped us pick where to go for our bar alcohol, which is all nearby. Everything went perfectly and the team was happy about our Star Wars wedding. Our guests raves about the service and food, made all the work and money invested all worth the while. Highly recommend, just contact them already ;)

Profile Picture Ana, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Castle Catering Staff was excellent. Servers were polite and answered any questions we had. Everything was done on time with no one waiting long for food all guests were served their food quickly and quietly with no hassles. If I had another big event I need staff for I for sure would use Castle Catering again. Love all the staff for all they did to make my daughters wedding fabulous.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What can i say, Ron and Starla Hobbs Are the most sweetest, caring, loving understanding good kind-hearted people i have ever met in my entire life! we met with Ron and Starla about a month ago and fell in love with the two of them! they are such a beautiful couple! Starla has become my very own personal mentor and counselor, wedding planning is very stressful and just talking with her helps me out a lot, i find myself emailing her about a lo of thing, she is very helpful. the Venue itself is gorgeous, it was love at first site! my Fiance propose to me at the Arcadia arboretum so we wanted to have our wedding there but the arboretum has been a huge disappointment, the communication with the coordinator has been so frustrating and a huge turn off, whereas Starla has been absolutely amazing on reaching out to us and has made life so much better, so being torn between the beautiful arboretum where the love of my life got down on one knee and asked me and the Romanesque Room where the reception venue is vintage and gorgeous i couldn't decide between the two so my lovely fiance came up with the best idea and that was to have both venues feature our wedding! the arboretum for the ceremony and the Romanesque for the reception, and that made this bride-to-be the happiest woman in the world to have both venues and not to mention they are very close in distance from each other. as we told Ron and starla about the issues we were having at the arboretum they assured us that if Arcadia didn't work out we can always have our ceremony there no mater the circumstances, and that was a huge weight lifted. we are still having communication issues with the arboretum so we are looking for other ceremony venues in the are so we can still have our reception at the beautiful Romanesque Room august 4th 2017 (wedding date) . but if we do not we will definitely have both here! i am still trying to keep hope and faith alive with the arboretum. thank you so much Ron and Starla! xoxo Alona

Profile Picture Alona, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ron and Starla have so much experience and knowledge for planning a wedding. After our first meeting with Ron we knew we had to have our wedding at the Romanesque Room. Ron also provided us with names for other vendors we needed. It took off a lot of stress off our plate because the vendors he suggested were also amazing. Ron and Starla have the best team. The team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding reception went smoothly. Starla, Ron and Dwayne were so helpful and accommodating. If we needed anything, we just had to ask. The food and service were great. Would definitely recommend their service.

Profile Picture Gloria , 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Castle Catering catered my wedding at castle green over a month ago and they were fantastic! I used their restaurant partner program for the entree but had them cater the appetizers which were delicious. They have a large inventory of items for you to borrow free of charge for decor. Also, if you are getting married at castle green, a bonus is that you can store stuff with castle catering before or after. On the day of, they even make sure you get to eat by bringing your appetizers to wherever you're taking pictures and serving you at your table. Ron is warm, kind and professional. He puts you at ease whenever you meet in person. Starla is your main contact via email and she was always quick to reply. I knew our wedding was in capable hands and everything went perfectly!

Profile Picture tiffany, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The first thing I recognized that showed an honest relationship is that Ron and Starla have been in this business for over 30 years. They responded promptly to our emails, questions and gave us great ideas and information on celebrating weddings; after all, it was my first wedding and hopefully my last. I loved that they had a great relationship with other restaurants as other options for catering and were flexible with is coming in for our photographer to look around. The staff was amazing and we even pulled them in for our dessert time and our photo booth :). The pricing is unbeatable in comparison to any other venue their size. It was like working with the fun uncle who was also morally responsible and made sure you had a good time. He had a great relationship with The Bottle Shoppe in Sierra Madre and got the best deal in our liquor.

The set up was amazing, they even got a head start in my tables and allowed me to throw down my centerpieces early. The DJ also had a standing relationship with the venue as well and it turned out wonderfully, everyone having a good time on the dance floor. They even brought uplighting we didn't really need but had extras and free of charge. They loved working at that venue, so I was happy to have all these close knit businesses help make my husband's special day even more amazing. They gave us so many options and helped me figure the colour lay out for the table clothes and set up. I couldn't ask for a better moment in my life.

I'm sorry that this review is all over the place, but I couldn't honestly brag any more about how lucky we were to find this place. There was alot of places we looked at for our venue but for me, someone who didn't like to plan anything, or even know how to start planning a party, they made it easy and beautiful.

Profile Picture Charley, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This review is long overdue. My wife and I got married on Jan, 13 at Castle Green and I have to say the best part of the whole experience was working with Ron and his team.

We met Ron at the wedding vendor open house that Castle Green hosts during the beginning of the year and he hooked us with a mashed potato martini. From the get-go Ron was polite and professional. He gave us information about his operation and his staff as well as the a general guideline for pricing. My wife and I were pretty much sold from the moment we walked away from his table.

The following month we contacted Ron about hiring him as our caterer and it was smooth sailing from there. We always received prompt responses from Ron and Starla and they are GREAT about meeting after normal business hours to accommodate those working an 8-5 job. Every meeting was informative and he liked to keep things flexible when planning because he knows people change their minds about things. He really is a pro.

When the time comes for deposits and food choices Ron makes sure that you are happy and understand everything that you are agreeing to. There is no lack of communication at all and Ron allows for changes throughout the process. At the tasting Duane is very informative about the selections and they give useful input about their dining options as well as the pros and cons of having too much or too little food. They really do not "sell" you on anything which is nice.

We ended up ordering the stuffed mushrooms and coconut shrimp appetizer, Caesar salad, tri-tip and pecan crusted chicken entrees and mashed potatoes, vegetable medley and rice as sides, with a delightful vegetable wellington as an option for vegetarians. With the buffet style layout you save money and the process is seamless. The way the buffet is set up really lends itself well to the space and they do their best to decorate a bit and dress up the area so that is is not just food on a table.

Profile Picture Caesar, 1/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding here on October 8th,2016. Everything is so perfect! Love the way that Ron runs his business. Not like some of other venues, Romanesque doesn't have any hidden cost, Ron explained everything clearly.
"Restaurant partnership" program is very helpful! We had a full open and opened from cocktail hour to the end, which only costed us less than $8.00 per guest. Such a good deal!
Ron and his team are wonderful. They really care about the customers, took care of them and tried the best to meet their requirement.

Profile Picture Youwei, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just great people to work with. Words can't describe how accommodating and how friendly they are. I won't be able to squeeze everything in weddingwire's short review box, but Ron, Starla, and Duane are just good people who have that "mom & pop" style service. They were the cheapest amongst the other catering companies, but not sacrificing quality of service and product. The price they gave you is the price you pay (minus the rentals), including cake cutting fees, corkage fee, etc. I'd highly recommend using this company, especially if you are having an event at Castle Green in Pasadena, CA. They'll work with ANY vendors, restaurants, bakeries, etc. You don't need to have them be the restaurant providing the food.

Profile Picture Alex, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

On September 24th 2016, my husband and I had our wedding at the Romanesque Room. We couldn't be more impressed with the services that they provided. Ron and Sterla were absolutely wonderful! Their communication with us was great. Every question and concerned we had, they took care of right away and answered every question. The venue was absolutely gorgeous! I can honestly say that this was my dream wedding! The set up was beautiful! Not only that, but Duane and his crew did a fantastic job setting up the food and making sure that our night ran smooth. We couldnt be happier with the way everything turned out. It was indeed a dream come true. Thank you Ron, Sterla, Duane and the crew for making our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture moshie, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Ron, Starla, and the entire Castle Catering staff were amazing to work with and the food was top notch (especially the Vegetable Wellington)! From the beginning, Ron sat down with us to explain everything involved and continued this trend throughout the entire process, putting our minds at ease. The ability to choose from various local restaurants for specialty food items made the experience extra special and personal.

Profile Picture Tanya, 7/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Castle Catering with Ron and Starla are wonderful! They are so responsive and really care about the work they do. You can't go wrong with them!

Profile Picture User5412629, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

Ron, Starla and everyone at Castle Catering was just amazing. They were very upfront about all costs and explained the contracts extensively. There were so many options to choose from, including using the restaurant partners program. Every time we called or came in, Ron was so friendly and helpful. I felt very comfortable throughout the process. We had a beautiful buffet for our wedding, and I know everyone enjoyed the food as well as the presentation. Top-notch service all the way!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Starla and Ron were very accommodating to our busy schedules to meet for various items. Service provided by staff during the time of the event was excellent and very attentive. Food was great, make sure you get the mashed potatoes with your meal! Their flexibility and thoroughness with outside vendors was great! We actually got compliments from outside vendors. The transition from ceremony to outside patio area was smooth and seamless.

Profile Picture A&C, 5/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception here a few weeks ago, and I could not recommend The Romanesque Room with greater enthusiasm!
VENUE: The site has four main areas - the entryway, the bar/cocktail area, the main event site, and an outdoor space. For our 130ish wedding guests, there was more than enough space to walk around in each area. The main area is quite striking with the arches, and many of our guests commented on how unique and beautiful our reception was. I appreciated the openness of the place (vs. other venues where everything is located in just one room and can become quite stuffy).
COST: The proprietors, Ron and Starla, were very willing to work within our budget. We decided to have a buffet dinner catered by Castle Catering, which is their catering company, although they also offer catering by local restaurants. For alcohol, it's BYO; we went with their recommended vendor, and it ended up costing us less than $7 per person for a full open bar for the night! They require that everything be done in cash/check (no credit cards).
LOCATION: The venue is located in the heart of downtown Pasadena, which is a huge bonus. Many of our guests were flying in from out of state, and we wanted to pick a venue that was in a safe and entertaining part of the LA-area.
EASE: I saved the best for last! I planned the wedding from across the country, and Ron and Starla truly coordinated every aspect of our reception. We discussed every detail of the reception, and they are very clear and good at explaining these details. They let us borrow their cake stand and table numbers, free of charge. They extended our dance floor, also free of charge. We were able to drop things off (such as menus, guest book, etc.) a few days before the reception, and everything was set up according to our discussions. During the day of the reception, the entire staff was extremely professional and kind. Our reception truly went off without a hitch, and that is due to Ron and Starla!

Profile Picture Thea, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We searched high and low, made spreadsheets and checked out place after place and after our exhaustive search I have to say that I really could not recommend a better venue to work with. The entire staff was not just helpful they were an absolutely essential part of our wedding planning and execution. Ron, Starla, Duane and the rest of the Romanesque room crew were thorough, professional and most of all incredibly kind. Its rare that somebody is just as amazing on the follow through as they are in the sales pitch and these folks deliver. They will make sure you get what you need and have fun while you do it! We had a little over 100 guests, five different vendors and made almost all the decoration ourselves and the venue made sure it all went off without a hitch. They were available and cooperative with every part of the planning process as well as the teardown on the big day. They even recommended the perfect caterer! As for the location, you can't find something as great as pasadena in the greater L.A. area. ESPECIALLY if you have out of town guests. Its a way for them to come to L.A. without having to deal with the craziness of it. Plus there's a TON of great hotels, bars, parks and restaurants all over the place. A true gem and of all the decisions we made during our wedding planning process easily one of the best.

Profile Picture William, 6/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ron, Starla, & Duane were all absolutely great! Starla was on top of the communications, and always provided a quick response to our numerous questions. Ron's extensive catering knowledge was invaluable, and even though we only used his catering services for our appetizers, his guidance helped us out w/ the outside food caterer we hired. Ron even went the extra mile to meet w/ our caterer & coordinate the food delivery logistics to ensure everything went smoothly on our wedding day. The DJ & Alcohol vendors Ron & Starla recommended were also a pleasure to work with. Their services went seamlessly thanks in part to already having a working professional relationship with the Romanesque Room. Duane was the MVP the week leading up to the wedding. He provided us with the progress of the setup throughout the week, and made any necessary changes based on our feedback. We were lucky enough to be able to prep. & assemble a few of our decorations the day before the wedding thanks in part to the flexibility provided to us by Romanesque Room. Our wedding reception was great & we highly recommend the Romanesque Room & their team! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Nury & Steven, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff was just wonderful to work with over at The Romanesque Room. Ron and Starla were extremely accomodating with all of our needs. Starla in particular is a bride's best friend. She was such a doll. Any request or question I had was answered very quickly which allowed me to work more efficiently with all my other vendors. The main man, Duane Hall, is the go-to guy for all venue-related requests. He was dilligent, friendly and above all eager to make our wedding day as perfect as can be. You really can't ask for better customer service. Also, as a bonus...since they've accumulated a lot of
things over the years, they let you use whatever they have that you need at no extra cost. For instance, we had our ceremony outside in the garden area. They let us borrow their wedding arbor. We also borrowed their gorgeous cake pan. Such a wonderful group to work with while we planned our wedding. I highly recommend this venue and its staff!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

When we started planning our wedding, my fiancé and I had one objective: and that was to make the process as simple as possible! Thanks to the staff at the Romanesque Room, this objective was met.
We first came across the Romanesque Room through a wedding website.I sent an email inquiry to receive more information and within 24 hours, Ron (the owner) gave me a call. He patiently discussed with me every aspect of renting the venue, and answered all my questions. We set up an appointment to go visit the venue in person, as soon as we arrived we were graciously received by him. Right away he showcased a very professional yet laid back demeanor. He went over budget numbers, catering, set-ups, etc. He also allows you to bring your own liquor. An option to provide an open bar at a convenient price? Why, yes please! Needless to say my fiancé and I left with a very good feeling after our first visit and decided to lock in the place. After that, it couldn’t have been easier. We had a couple of meetings leading up to the event. Ron and his lovely wife - Starla were always available to go over our needs. If you need something extra, the chances are they have it at your disposal and free of charge (easles, cake stand, etc). The day of the actual wedding my fiancé and I did not have to worry about a thing. Everything was set up exactly the way we had discussed.Our event coordinators that day were always on hand to provide anything we needed. One thing we also fancied from the venue is that besides the banquet area, there is also a bar area and an outdoor patio. Our guests had a good time mingling at the different areas throughout the evening. All of the comments from our guests after the wedding were positive; they all loved the ambiance and the staff's attentiveness. I can't recommend this place enough for your event needs! They really make sure that you have a good time - and if that is your goal, well then you have come to the right place.

Profile Picture User4473511, 2+ years ago, 1 Review