The Ridge Tahoe Reviews

46 | Stateline, NV

46 Reviews for The Ridge Tahoe

46 The Ridge Tahoe Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 07/20/2018

The Ridge Tahoe catered our wedding, and the food was FABULOUS! All of our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was, and about how beautifully it was presented.

On our wedding day, an unexpected thunderstorm rolled through, and the banquet staff from The Ridge jumped quickly into action, moving 9 tables with all of the floral arrangements, flatware, glassware, and silverware from the lawn to the barn seamlessly and quickly- most of our guests did not even realize that dinner was not supposed to be inside!

Thank you to The Ridge Tahoe for making our wedding day so memorable and serving such delicious food!

Amanda · Married on 04/19/2018

Our wedding at The Ridge was everything we could have dreamed of! Shannon was amazing to work with! She answered all of our questions in a timely manner and helped us to create the day of our dreams. Our wedding was in April, we were hoping for an outdoor ceremony but due to weather it had to be inside. Thankfully Shannon had provided us with a complimentary upgrade to their indoor venue and made our day magical even with the unexpected snow! Could not have run more smoothly and such a stress free experience. The Ridge vendors were amazing. Tina did a wonderful job with my flowers she really made our vision come to life! I was nervous about my hair and makeup because I did not do a trial but Stacey did my hair exactly like I had envisioned and Nancy made me look and feel absolutely beautiful!

The Ridge Tahoe 1
    The Ridge Tahoe 2
    The Ridge Tahoe 3

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2017

The most perfect place to have a wedding! Shannon the wedding coordinator was amazing, easy to communicate with. Stacy for hair, Tina for flowers, CJ for pictures and Karen for the officiant were all fabulous. Our guest raved about the appetizers and our wedding cake was delicious!!! We sure were one lucky couple. Each and every one of them made the days and day of, so stress free!! The snow for a surprise white wedding was an added touch!! We will forever cherish our time with the ridge! We plan to go back for our anniversary. Such a wonderful place!

The Ridge Tahoe 4
    The Ridge Tahoe 10
    The Ridge Tahoe 11
    The Ridge Tahoe 12

Anna · Married on 09/08/2017

Shannon is Amazing! The most memorable day of my life! It rained on our wedding day and our original plan of having the wedding at the beach had to be changed. Shannon worked it out so we could still have our dream wedding at the beach and then another ceremony back up at The Ridge for our guests! Her hard work and attention to detail were on point. I am so thankful we came across this wonderful venue.

Lynette · Married on 08/19/2017

We got married at The Ridge Tahoe on 8/19/17 and it was a great experience! Halfway through our year of planning we changed wedding coordinators, and we were worried about that at first, but then we met the new one and she was great! We do not live in Tahoe, so there were a few times during the year that we wanted to come up and have a meeting about the details of our wedding, and each time the wedding coordinator worked with us to make sure that happened. On the weekend of our wedding there was a chance of thunderstorms, and the staff there let us know what all of our options were in case that happened. I was set on wanting the ceremony outside in the garden as long as it was not pouring rain on us, and luckily it worked out for us! We had some thunder right above our ceremony, but the staff there made sure that we started the ceremony on time. Thankfully we were able to make it through the entire ceremony and pictures afterwards without it raining on us. All of the vendors that they connected us with (officiant, photographer, DJ, etc) were also amazing and made this experience of planning a wedding so great for us! I would recommend this location and their staff to anyone, and we will definitely be coming back to stay here!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2017

We loved this venue! Katie and Shannon were so wonderful to work with and always helped with any questions I had about the wedding. We never wanted the day to end! Absolutely could not be happier!

Sent on 05/04/2017

The Ridge Tahoe's reply:

Ashley and Andrew, The Ridge is pleased to hear that you had a wonderful wedding experience with us. We will be sure to let Katie and Shannon know how happy you were along with the rest of your vendors and the Resorts West team. If you ever need anything in the future please reach out as we would love to see you both again. Best wishes and thank you for hosting your wedding with us.

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2016

We had our ceremony here and it was nothing short of amazing! The view is incredible and the guests loved it.

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

We are so happy that we chose The Ridge for our wedding ceremony and reception location on 4/16/16! Every aspect of the The Ridge's services from the wedding planning to the post wedding clean up was flawless. The food was awesome as well! Our guests had an amazing time and incredible accommodations for a great price. All of our guests (40 people) stayed at least 1 night there during our wedding weekend. We were lucky to have beautiful weather for an outdoor ceremony because we heard the following weekend it dumped over 14 inches of snow! There was something so peaceful and magical about our wedding day & it all has to do with the location. The Ridge Tahoe is hands down the best place to get married!

Stacie · Married on 03/26/2016

Absolutely stunning venue with first class staff. Our wedding consultant, Katie, went over and beyond, often responding to our questions on her off days.
    Can not say enough good about the accommodations and location.

Jessica · Married on 01/17/2016

The Ridge Tahoe was an amazing place to have our wedding and reception! Katie, our event coordinator, made everything so simple for us. She took care of everything and made sure that we were thrilled with everything. I am SO happy that we had our wedding at The Ridge. I wouldn't have changed a single thing! The venue is beautiful, the flowers were beautiful, the DJ was awesome, the food was delicious and the hair and make up team that they use is beyond amazing! Stacy and Amber made all of my bridesmaids and myself look great! Stacy even came with us for the first look since the weather was crazy windy.. we did a few touch ups along the way to make sure our photos turned out perfect!

Karly · Married on 10/09/2015

Planning a wedding from the east coast, I needed something that was a "one stop shop" and The Ridge Tahoe was the perfect fit. They made my planning easy, stress free and they were very efficient. The guests LOVED the rooms and the convenience of having everything on the property with the shuttles to take them to and from the various sites. You often hear of how stressful the bride is on the day of her wedding because of all the last minute items, but The Ridge Tahoe took care of everything and all I has to worry about was showing up! Absolutely great experience.

Kate · Married on 07/11/2015

I had a wonderful experience at The Ridge! Great food, beautiful venue, friendly and helpful staff!

Steve · Married on 11/08/2014

Blair was our daughters wedding coordinator at The Ridge. She was very professional and available to answer all of our questions and concerns. She was also helpful in remembering all the small details that we would have totally forgotten with all the excitement of the big day. She definitely took a lot of the stress away. When we originally met Blair we told her we wanted to feel like a guest at this wedding, in other words, we didn't want to feel like wedding planners. They took care of everything! All of "their people" (florist, DJ, photographers, etc.) were awesome and got the job done very well. We were very impressed on how smoothly everything ran when the time came. They are definitely a one-stop-shop and at a great value for all that they do. All of our guests were totally WOW'ed at how nice everything looked and the food was very delicious too. We heard nothing but compliments from our family and friends. One other very convenience factor was that most all of our family/friends were able to stay in beautiful 1 or 2 bedroom suites right on the property so we never had to worry about guests drinking and driving after the event was over... Blair was able to provide a group discount to everyone who came to celebrate my daughters big day!

Margie · Married on 10/25/2014

We have always heard about the delicious food at the Hungry Bear Restaurant but never had an opportunity to have dinner here because every weekend it is closed due to a party. So we decided
    to have our wedding here! I originally worked with Blair Varela who made the initial booking process simple and easy. Once Blair secured our vendors I began coordinating with Wendy Smith the Event Planning Manager at The Ridge Resorts.

I live in the bay area so all of my contacts with Wendy was through email. Wendy was absolutely a pleasure to work with and she is excellent at her job. Wendy made us feel so comfortable during the planning process. Wendy promptly responded to every question I sent her and made detailed notes in the contract. I felt that Wendy had thought of everything for us and when we finally met her for the first time at our Tasting Day I knew all we had to do was show up for our wedding. Wendy provided us with several suggestions (duet plates and specialty desserts) that fit into our wedding style. We had a special treat for our guests (vodka and pickle shots) during the ceremony. Wendy could not have coordinated this part more perfectly! Wendy was very personably and made us feel part of the Ridge family.

I also wanted to mention your food and bar service staff. Stephen the head chef presented himself so passionately at the tasting day. The food we sampled was delicious and he assured us it would taste the same at our wedding. Our guests were not disappointed. We received several compliments from our guests telling us that this was the best wedding food they every ate! The bar staff was amazing and accommodated everyone's needs.

I would suggest to anyone that is planning a wedding at The Ridge Resorts to take advantage of the tasting day. This is the opportunity to meet all the vendors as well as Blair and Wendy. I would highly recommend The Ridge Resorts to anyone who wants a top notch wedding in Lake Tahoe.

Emily · Married on 09/22/2014

The Ridge Tahoe Wedding Planners are awesome. They were so flexible in creating a wedding package that fit my needs. The food was amazing and the staff were on it. I loved the guest rooms and the amazing view from the ceremony site. Blair and Wendy Rock!!! I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a super easy wedding planning experience, they have all of the vendors provided for you.

Jayne · Married on 09/13/2014

We could not have been happier with the Ridge site, their help with planning, the food served, the servers and overall outcome of our wedding day. Blair and Wendy were so helpful prior to and day of our wedding, right to the end. Anything we asked for was responded to and what we did not know to ask was brought to our attention by Wendy and Blair in order to make the day go smoothly. I can say that myself and my husband had nothing at all to worry about on the big day which allowed us to thoroughly enjoy the event and our guest. Thank you Ridge Tahoe and your crew for the most amazing day we could ever have asked for!!!

Brian · Married on 09/13/2014

The Ridge and Blair did great, my wife and I are very thankful she was there to always answer any and all questions that we had.

Roberta · Married on 09/06/2014

From the first time we met with Blair Varela, 13 months prior to the wedding, she was wonderfully confident and knowledgeable. We were able to have a Chef preview, where we could sample all the food the Ridge had to offer.
    It was a perfect venue, and a simply wonderful wedding!

Wendy was the best wedding coordinator a girl could ever ask for! She was responsive, understanding ... and just a pleasure to work with. The venue is a beautiful place to hold a wedding. I'm so glad we made the decision to get married up there. I wouldn't have changed one thing. It was perfect!

I would absolutely recommend The Ridge Resort to anyone who asks.

Everything was amazing!

The Ridge was amazing. They handled the food, venue, and alcohol. They also do deserts too but I brought a person in to do that. They had great recommendations for a DJ and for a hair and makeup person, and I brought my own flowers in. It was a great experience.

Tanya · Married on 09/01/2012

This was the perfect place for my wedding. Blair, the wedding coordinator was fantastic and I had no worries at all. Plus, the view was spectacular and all the pictures look amazing. The food they made for the reception was also amazing and all the vendors that suggested I work with made this an easy and perfect wedding. The suite we had in the tower was large and cozy at the same time. There was so much to do at the resort and both the deli and the restaurant are good. One warning for guests, this is a time share.. the staff is fantastic, but it's different than a hotel.

Courtney · Married on 08/07/2010

As a bride from out of state, I found the wedding planning to be extremely helpful. The staff at the ridge gave me a list of all of their vendors, and I picked the things I wanted and the wedding planner took care of the rest. I didn't have to stress about a thing. The vendors the ridge uses are also great. The cake vendor is amaizing and I can honestly say that I have never tasted better cake then from the Ridge's cake vendor (Flour Girl Wedding Cakes). Also the florist was amazing. I was unable to go to the flower vendor in person so I sent photos of bouquetts that I liked and the vendor was able to come up with amazing bouqetts for me and my bridesmaids. The DJ was great too and had a huge selection of music. I also like that ceremony site and reception are all at the same venue. I specifically love the garden for the ceremony site. It provides for some amazing photos.

Vanessa · Married on 08/07/2009

I would absolutely recommend The Ridge for your wedding. We had our reception here, and Kailey was wonderful. We began planning a year in advance, and she was on top of everything every step of the way. I communicated to her mostly through emails because it was easiest, and she always responded within 48 hours. The serving staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. We had a special request for a roast pig, a tradition for a filipino wedding, and they were able to accommodate our request. Everyone loved it! Kailey and the staff were able to set up our room to our exact specifications, and it was stunning. They all did a great job. If you are getting married in the South Lake Tahoe area, you have to visit The Ridge. The resort itself is a fun get-away.