The Ridge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Jason G. Getting married on 07/05/2022

The Ridge is Exceptional

From start to finish, our experience at The Ridge was truly exceptional. Throughout planning and preparation, Seth, Darien, Chef Michael, Marta and their outstanding team of professionals delivered to us a first-class wedding event. Although the final ninety days leading up to our ceremony were shrouded in uncertainty due to the evolving pandemic, the good folks at The Ridge did everything possible to ensure that our wedding day was magical and truly unforgettable. Seth promised us that he would do everything in his power to never say “no,” then delivered on that pledge through unprecedented challenges. Ultimately, our wedding day was highlighted by perfect weather, perfect views, a first-class dining experience, and exceptional hospitality by a friendly and well-coordinated team of hosts. As bride and groom, for one spectacular evening at The Ridge, we felt like royalty. We were able to share a magnificent celebration with our family and closest friends- a celebration none of us will ever forget. The Ridge, and all of the wonderful people there, will forever hold a special place in our hearts. They have gifted us with so many fantastically sweet memories of our wedding day.

The Ridge's reply:

Jason & Tammy.. From the first day we met, where you all ended your tour with an early dinner on the front porch looking over the mountains, to the final handshake as you all left newlyweds, the entire journey was unforgettable. Thank you!
  • Laurie
    Laurie D. Married on 08/09/2021

Perfect Venue

Our daughter was recently married at The Ridge just outside of Asheville, NC and WOW! I cannot adequately describe how perfect the day was and how seamlessly the event unfolded. The views from the ceremony site are breathtaking and the gorgeous Chateau for the reception makes for a storybook setting. Darien and his staff were as professional as could be and made sure that the bride and groom, every member of the families and each of the guests had an ideal experience. From the moment we met Darien at The Ridge 10 months ago we knew the venue was a perfect fit for bringing Sara & Scott’s mountain wedding vision to life. The planning was so easy and laid back and every detail was so beautifully executed. All of the guests raved about how perfect the wedding and reception were. Thank you again Darien! Hope to see you on our next visit to Asheville!

As a side note, during this crazy Covid time, we felt comfortable that the staff and all of the vendors were inconspicuously taking every precaution to keep our party safe.

Photo Credit: Hartman Outdoor Photography /Michelle Elyse Photography

The Ridge's reply:

I remember the day you guys came to tour, after my third tour before a wedding day we met and remembered your experience thus far trying to book a wedding venue. You, your family and friends are truly amazing !! Can't wait to see this relationship grow.

Db
  • Hollie
    Hollie D. Married on 06/07/2021

Beautiful venue!

I found this venue after my first wedding was cancelled due to covid. They offered great packages for smaller weddings. This venue has everything you need to build the perfect wedding. The view are breathtaking and the reception area is beautiful even with minimal decor. Kay and the entire staff were a great help and made sure everything went perfect and seamless. All the stress that builds up in planning a wedding fades away once the day comes and they start executing all your plans.
  • Kathy
    Kathy H. Married on 06/07/2021

Over The Top!

My daughter recently had her wedding at The Ridge. The scenery cannot be captured in words, you must see it for yourself, it is breathtaking. The house where the wedding party gets ready and the chateau where receptions are held are so beautiful. Darien is extremely professional, but also very friendly, down to earth, and most accommodating. If you want the wedding of your dreams in a fabulous setting with superior staff, look no further.

Kathy,

We can't thank you enough!! The journey with you and developing a friendship has been a blessing !! Miss you guys !!

• Nikki
    Nikki P. Married on 04/09/2021

A View that You Can't Put a Price on

After looking at MANY wedding venues, I must say, I'm supremely happy with my decision to have my wedding at The Ridge. We were originally supposed to have our event in Las Vegas, but because of COVID, we decided to get married in Asheville, closer to the majority of our friends and family.
    After looking at a few venues, the Ridge popped up in my search. I was reticent at first due to the price (let me tell you IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY) and the distance of the venue from downtown Asheville. However, I am VERY HAPPY with my decision. I couldn't have planned a more beautiful wedding. One month late, I'm still getting compliments regarding the sheer beauty of the venue. One of my guests filmed the event on Facebook live, so that my close friend who'd just had a baby could watch the ceremony. I've received over literally 150 comments regarding how beautiful my wedding was from both guests who attended to just acquaintances who watched the ceremony on Facebook.
    My husband and I had a positive experience from the time we met Darien, The Ridge's wedding coordinator, at the residence to tour the venue up until we left in the stretch limo as husband and wife. The ceremony site and view are GORGEOUS. The chateau is elegant. The venue's chef is AWESOME, and the food was EXCELLENT. From what I could tell, every single plate was bone clean.
    Working with Darien was great. He was responsive to all of my emails , and if he didn't respond within the hour he would make sure to email me back within 24 hrs. Considering the fact that they have a wedding every day of every weekend during peak season, I am appreciative of how quickly my questions were answered.
    I also received comments from several of my guests regarding the friendliness of the wait staff. From the bartender, to the waiters and waitresses, ALL (literally ALL) of my guests thanked me for having an enjoyable experience. I had my wedding during COVID. The Ridge was the perfect venue to have a stunning wedding amidst the clean mountain air and afford my guests the opportunity to get away for a bit, have fun while still maintaining social distance.
    Thank you to Darien and his team for making this the happiest day of my life. :-)

Nikki,

It was an absolute pleasure working side by side with you on one of the most important days of your life ! All of our staff enjoyed every bit of your wedding, getting to know your friends and family.

You're always welcome back anytime and we wish you guys nothing but happiness and success !!
    Sarah L. Married on 04/03/2021

Dream day!!

I cannot express how happy I am with the experience I had at the Ridge.
    My highest recommendation goes out to this venue and staff! The went above and beyond to make our reception perfect. The management and planners were kind the entire process and incredibly accommodating. They really got to know us as a couple for the months prior to the event in order to make our day just as we had imagined it. The food was amazing and we were able to enjoy all of our favorite local beers. Their pricing was super reasonable for the amount of work put into planning and executing the event. I cannot express how happy we were with our reception and our experience at the ridge. I wouldn’t have changed choosing this venue for anything. We are incredibly grateful!!
  • Pam
    Pam R. Married on 10/24/2020

Meeting with The Ridge-Marshall, NC

There new wedding reception space was just breathtaking. It is rustic elegance and brand new. The french chandelier is a classic beauty. Their bridal suite to get ready was the best seen so far and is so pretty. You have an entire house to get ready. The 360 views of the mountains are absolutely perfect for a natural romatics spot to say your vows.

The Ridge's reply:

Thank you pam !! :) It was just as wonderful having you there with us !! Come back and see us next time you're in town .

Nicole Married on 10/08/2020

Spectacular!

The Ridge is absolutely stunning. From the moment we pulled up and stepped out of the car we knew this was the place! Not only is it a stunning venue, but the people are great too! We met with Darien for our tour and he was friendly and professional, answering our questions and getting back to us on anything that needed follow-up. Leading up to our wedding day we worked with Seth and he was a blast! We also had our reception at the Chateau on the property. Food was a big deal for us. We wanted GOOD food and the food, oh my goodness, the food was superb! I think everyone will be talking about the views and the food for years to come! Thank you to everyone at The Ridge who helped make our day a dream come true!

The Ridge's reply:

What a gorgeous evening it was, and to be a part of your special night we can sincerely say we are blessed. We hope you all had as much fun as we did, and we wish you both the best!
    Teri S. Married on 05/05/2020

Caroline and Frank Legare Wedding May 17, 2019

Where do you begin as the Mother of the Bride to describe the importance of making your daughter' wedding day the day that she has always dreamed of? I say you begin with the staff at The Ridge. Not only did the staff make the process painless it was fun. The beautiful venue speaks for itself but without the partnership with the staff it wouldn't had been as beautiful. I say partnership because that's how I felt through the planning process that we were partners in making Caroline's and Frank's Wedding the perfect day. They helped from vendors to MOB anxiety. Thank you all for your professionalism. I feel like we are family.

Teri,
    You guys are absolutely amazing! We truly felt the connection and friendship build throughout the process. We hope to see you again soon.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca P. Married on 12/10/2019

Stunning Venue, Wonderful People

It would be impossible for me to say enough good things about this venue. My husband and I absolutely lucked out by finding this place. First, the obvious- it is absolutely gorgeous. It is impossible to take a bad photograph here. It is just perfect. Next, the staff- absolutely amazing. We had so many wonderful people involved in our wedding. They felt like family. I have to give special mention to Darien, Seth, Taylor, and Peyton- wonderful people. We were so glad to have all of them involved in this special day. The residence for getting ready, the chateau for the reception, and the knoll for ceremonies are absolutely gorgeous as well. Our guests were amazed by the beauty of this place, and we were as well. The helped us to have the most perfect day. I highly recommend.

The Ridge's reply:

Rebecca, the pleasure was all ours. We loved every second of the journey with you all. We hope you and your families have an amazing holiday season, and if you are ever back around Asheville, please don't be strangers!!
    Melissa S. Married on 10/19/2019

My dream wedding!

I can't say enough positive things about my experience planning with the Ridge and the wedding itself. I planned this wedding from afar and Darien made sure that the distance was not an issue. He was incredibly responsive and attentive to every question, concern, and desire I posed. They have thought of every detail to make a perfect wedding. Along the way, Darien made suggestions and solutions to help me in the decision-making process. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. I researched wedding venues across the world (literally) for about 9 months and fell in love with the Ridge. I could not be happier with my decision. My guests were floored upon arrival and still can't stop talking about how beautiful the reception was. No detail is spared with respect to furniture, decor, and service in the Ridge.

We had a reception of 50 people and I was worried that the Ridge would be too large for this small number. Darien reassured me that it would be beautiful and they would fill the space with decor and tables to make sure that it didn't seem empty. He was right and the space was set up perfectly for our party. The Ridge even provided an employee assigned to my husband and I for the night who made sure we were taken care of throughout the night, including having a drink in hand at all times - a very thoughtful touch considering how busy we were all evening. Darien and the team made sure that my dream wedding was planned and executed beyond my expectations. At the end of the night our only regret was that we didn't rent the venue for an extra hour because the night went by way too fast!

The Ridge's reply:

This was an absolute dream being apart of. your wedding day. Getting to know you and your mom throughout the planning was so much fun and we can't wait to see you guys again !!

• Sarah
    Sarah J. Married on 10/16/2019

Elopement ceremony venue

Pictures can’t do justice to how beautiful this place is. The staff is so easy to work with and made planning completely stress free. Would highly recommend the elopement package for anyone wanting a small intimate ceremony.

The Ridge's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much! We're so thrilled you were able to take advantage of this option. We can't wait to see the pictures from this beautiful day :) With Love - The Ridge
  • Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 09/21/2019

Best Experience EVER!

Having our wedding at The Ridge, was the best decision we could have ever made for our wedding day, as well as the entire wedding and planning process. The staff is INCREDIBLE and are willing to help make whatever vision you may have for your special day a reality. This was a huge reason as to why we chose The Ridge and felt an instant connection to the venue, and Darien who was the first face we met! The scenery can not be beat, our guests were stunned with the scenery and how gorgeous The Chateau was. We will forever be grateful for the experience we had with The Ridge

The Ridge's reply:

You guys are truly amazing !! It was an honor to be apart of such a special moment in your lives :) Love you guys !!
  • Meghan
    Meghan H. Married on 05/25/2019

Best mountain wedding venue and stellar staff

The Ridge and their staff, especially Darien, have been amazing from the moment we met over a year and a half ago. In fact, we got such a wonderful vibe from the Ridge, we signed our contract before their new and BEAUTIFUL reception venue was even built! We never saw Darien sweat once throughout the process of coordinating; he was constantly available and prompt in responding to emails/texts/calls, warm and inviting, and an all around wonderful person to work with for such an important and exciting day. The Ridge is not only breathtakingly beautiful—I don’t know how many of our guests raved about the panoramic mountain-views—but they really sold us when they treated us like family from the start. Darien, specifically, has become such a great friend to us, even surprising us with the entire staff wearing shirts featuring our dog’s face on the front to make the day over the top special and personalized. It was such an honor to have these people in our corner, we simply can’t say enough good things about them as kind humans and excellent business owners with phenomenal customer service. This was easily one of the best decisions we ever made. Cheers to the team at the Ridge, we love y’all!!

The Ridge's reply:

A day i'll never forget!! I would do this all over again if I could - from the first time we met to seeing you leave on your wedding day. WHAT. A. DREAM!!!!! Miss you guys !!!!

Shannon R. Married on 04/26/2019

Not only is The Ridge a breathtaking venue, but the service & staff are just as amazing as the views.

Not only is The Ridge a breathtaking venue, but the service and staff are just as amazing as the views. The people at the Ridge went above and beyond to make sure our special day came to life! The service from the beginning to the end was top notch. Emails were responded to timely, there was never a question or concerned not answered, and the organization day of made us feel so comfortable. I truly felt that they wanted us to have the best experience we could. Planning an out of town wedding can be a little unsettling & tricky, but The Ridge made us feel comfortable and assured and provided the highest quality of expertise to help pull off a perfect day! If you are looking for a venue well versed in their craft, who executes at a high level, provides great customer service and has stunning picturesque views, then I 100% recommend The Ridge. We also chose the option to rent the property for the day, to get ready in & hang out before the wedding and I highly recommend this addition as well!

Shannon,

We miss you guys !! Thank you for the opportunity to host such an amazing wedding for such and amazing couple !!

Katie D. Married on 04/13/2019

April Wedding in Asheville

Darien, Chloe, Grace, and the rest of the crew at The Ridge were the best team we could have asked for to help us plan the wedding of our dreams. They were flexible, accommodating, and so supportive. Throughout the entire planning process it was evident that they would go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure we had a stress-free and memorable day. From day one when Darien personally showed us the grounds, we knew there was no other place we would want our friends and family to gather and celebrate with us. The team at The Ridge felt more like friends by the end of this process and for that, we are forever grateful!

Katie & Matt
    We're so thankful we had the opportunity to meet you both and can't wait to watch your relationship blossom!!
    Emily Married on 11/10/2018

Fairytale Wedding

The Ridge team truly made my fall mountain wedding dreams come true! We were incredibly fortunate that the weather cooperated to allow us to take in the stunning & colorful mountain views! Darien and the rest of The Ridge staff were so helpful and responsive to any and all requests in the planning phase, and were absolutely vital in making my day run as smoothly as possible. I cannot recommend The Ridge enough!

The Ridge's reply:

The pleasure is ours !! You guys are amazing !! Come back soon!! Thanks so much for your positive feedback !!
    Toni Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Setting for an outdoor ceremony

My daughter's ceremony at the Ridge was spectacular and the service we received from the team was tremendous. I would recommend to anyone wanting to have an outdoor ceremony in the mountains of Asheville
    Maddy M. Married on 09/22/2018

Dream venue & dream team=blown away bride & groom

Exactly one month and one day ago my fiancé and I had our wedding ceremony at The Ridge followed by our reception at The Venue. If we could do it all over again - the planning, e-mails, phone calls, the visits to Asheville, then of course the actual day of the ceremony and reception...we wouldn't change A THING. We cannot thank the team at The Ridge enough. From day one, Marta, & Darien, and The Ridge & Venue team made us feel completely comfortable and that whatever it took to make us feel stress-free and at ease, they would take care of. Planning a wedding from a distance (we live in Charleston) can be stressful, but the team at The Ridge went above and BEYOND to take care of all of our needs, wants, and wildest dreams. Their level of professionalism is outstanding - from the early days of planning to the execution of the events, they never once failed to accommodate. I also felt like I became friends with the planners, as they were so welcoming and easy to talk to, and reassured me constantly that everything would be beautiful - and it was. The Ridge is breathtaking - surrounded by the Blue Ridge mountains and all of your closest friends and family, what else could you ask for? The day of the ceremony, we reserved to have the house on the property (gorgeous) all day long for myself (bride) and my bridesmaids to get ready. It was perfect. The girls could walk around the gorgeous property, and we also had a delicious breakfast and lunch provided by The Ridge that all of our wedding party RAVED about. While the girls got ready, my fiancé and groomsmen had their own "man cave" in the basement to relax in, get ready, and watch football with their delicious lunch and beverages of choice. Throughout the entire day, the y had staff members of The Ridge available and ready to help us with absolutely ANY of our needs or wants. When it came time to walk down the aisle, I couldn't believe the scenery I saw as the beautiful gates opened - I was blown away at how The Ridge and our vendors had made our vision come true. After the ceremony, Todd and I had our pictures, and Darien arranged for snacks and drinks from our cocktail hour to be available to our wedding party during pictures, and he even brought us a bottle of champagne to enjoy during our photo shoot:) We had a cocktail hour after the ceremony and every single guest raved about how delicious the food was, the attention to detail, and the beautiful backdrop they got to enjoy while sipping their drinks. Our friends and family also couldn't believe how smoothly everything ran considering the change of venues (The Ridge to The Venue). This proves that their entire team works incredibly together to ensure that every moment of your (our) special day runs seamlessly. I am someone who can easily become stressed out, and the day of my wedding, I didn't worry one bit - I knew I was in good hands at all times. We can't thank the team enough for the time and effort they put into making this truly, the best day ever. To be honest...I miss them all! I would recommend them now and forever. Also, totally reserve the house at The Ridge for the day - it's a game changer and completely worth it:) Thank you Ridge & The Venue team for everything. TAKE US BACK!
    Julie Married on 06/23/2018
    Our experience with Darien and his team at The Ridge was phenomenal. As Mother of the Bride, I could not be more pleased with how smoothly our daughter's wedding went as well as our cocktail hour after the ceremony. The professionalism, courteous service and responsiveness to emails was outstanding. From our first meeting, we felt so comfortable knowing we had chosen the right people to work with. The Ridge is an absolutely beautiful location for a wedding in the mountains. Look no further, you will not find another team that will provide the exceptional service that this team does and a place as beautiful as The Ridge for a wedding!
    Patterson Married on 05/26/2018
    I can’t say enough good things about The Ridge and their staff. They made our wedding day the most stress free and enjoyable time. Darien and the guys are not only professional and work together fantastically, but were so much fun to work with! You can definitely tell that they truly care about every bride and groom they have. They make sure that the only thing you are doing on your wedding day is getting married, they take care of everything else. Working with them was hands down the best part of the whole wedding planning experience. Thank you guys so much for making it the PERFECT day! There’s isn’t one thing I would change about it and thats because of you all.
    Stacey Married on 05/05/2018
    The Ridge was incredible- both the place and the staff. We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony there, and I wish we could've spent even more time there. The view speaks for itself, and Darien and his team treated us like old friends. They made us feel so at ease throughout the entire experience. When it suddenly rained at the very moment I walked down the aisle, they were ready with plenty of umbrellas for our guests, and congratulated us on a badass rainy ceremony. (Darien also helped me out with a hair dryer for my dress afterwards, haha - thanks Darien!) It's such a special place for us, and I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else. We look forward to going back to visit on our anniversaries! :)
    Brittany Married on 04/28/2018
    Wow. I have nothing but the most praise, thanks, and gratitude for The Ridge! From the moment we booked the venue to the minute we drove away at the end of our wedding night, The Ridge and it's incredible staff (Darien, you're the man) worked incredibly hard to put the "special" in "our special day". Our guests are STILL talking about how beautiful of an experience they had. The venue itself is simply stunning, the house on site was the perfect place to get ready the morning of, but what really put it over the top were the people. Thank you so much for your attention to detail, your professionalism, and your warm attitude. I feel so lucky to have chosen The Ridge!
    Katie Married on 04/20/2018
    Honestly, I don't know where to start! The Ridge is such an incredible place, I can't imagine having been married anywhere else. Not only were the surrounding views stunning, Darien and his staff went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect!

As an out-of-town bride, I was a little nervous about planning my wedding without seeing the venue first. But, after my initial conversation with Darien, I had total confidence that he would do whatever it took to ensure my wedding day was exactly as I envisioned! He was involved every step of the way, and I will forever be grateful to him for that.

The ceremony took place on small hill just above the house where the mountains made an exceptionally beautiful backdrop in the late afternoon. Later, we enjoyed dinner on the veranda where we were treated to a sunset I don’t think I will ever forget.

I’d wanted a small, intimate affair that was beautiful and low stress. The Ridge absolutely delivered!

Thank you for everything!!
    Katie
    Caroline Married on 04/14/2018

Amazing Everything

Thank you so much for all your help through the entire planning process. You made it effortless and took so much stress away by knowing exactly what to ask for.

We appreciate you being so willing to work with us and being flexible. We had multiple people in our wedding tell us how professional and nice you and your staff were.

The day couldn’t have gone more perfect.
    Caroline & Alex

The Ridge's reply:

We love you guys !! Thank you so much for taking this journey with us !! We would re-live it all over again if we could !!