The Ridge Golf Club & Events Center Reviews

11 Reviews for The Ridge Golf Club & Events Center

• Lyndie

Lyndie Thomasson · Married on 12/01/2019

Incredible Reception

The venue was gorgeous, the food was fantastic, the staff was very attentive and friendly. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Breanna · Married on 08/06/2017

Everything about this venue is amazing. Liz is the wedding coordinator and she was so great to work with. They have a gorgeous oak tree for the ceremony site and they have a large ballroom for the reception. The food there is so delicious! I recommend this venue to anyone who wants great service, and amazing prices.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/21/2016

We immediately knew The Ridge was the venue for us once we started our tour. The grounds are beautiful! In addition to the immaculate grass and pond with geese you'd expect at a golf course, they have an abundance of mature oak trees and a sprinkling of interesting bronze scupltures. They offer two different ceremony sites which is great for picky brides. We chose to have our ceremony at the newer site and use the oak tree site for our photos. Between the grounds and the sites our photographer was in heaven, there's so many location options for photos.
    The food was phenomenal, I constantly crave the entrées we served. The appetizer selection is fantastic. My only complaint is that our guests didn't leave any for us ;)
    But by far, the absolute best part of The Ridge is their event coordinator, Liz. She's like your own personal fairy godmother. She offered flawless service from the get go. Scheduling things like tastings, walk throughs, and the rehersal were always super simple. She was always super helpful and offered ideas and helped us make decisions. Our wedding day was an absolute breeze! I didn't even have to think with her around. My two magic words were "ask Liz."
    The price was also very reasonable. We were able to invite more guests for less money than previous venues we'd looked at. I would absolutely reccomend The Ridge to anyone that is getting married!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2015

The Ridge was absolutely amazing! The venue is breathtaking. The staff at the wedding was attentive, professional and simply amazing. When a guest spilled her drink, the staff was immediately on it! Cleaning the dance floor to avoid someone slipping. As bride and groom, we were always running around but when we actually sat down, the staff was right there asking what they could get us. They made sure our dinner was warm and ready for us when we had a second to sit. My only issue was with the bartender who was a little stiff and not as friendly and outgoing as I had hoped.
    Liz, the wedding coordinator, is simply the best. I can't say enough kind words about her. She was with us every step of the way guiding us. On the day of the wedding, she made it even more special and really made sure we were taken care of.

Sent on 09/23/2015

This is a beautiful venue. We did an outside wedding in front of the oak tree and indoor reception in the banquet room. Both were absolutely perfect. The manager, Matt, is so helpful, responsive and accomidating. They have so much to offer in your package and everything is super convenient. Our day couldn't have gone any better!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Nicki · Married on 09/26/2009

My daughters wedding was held at The Ridge in September 2009. The facility exceeded our expectations in every way. They have a wonderful outdoor site for the wedding ceremony, a beautiful grand ballroom and an equally impressive bridal suite. The wedding director Ruby, was an absolute dream to work with! Because of her, our experience there was phenomenal, the wedding was absolutely amazing and everything went perfectly as planned.
    The suburb staff were all truly amazing as well and a wonderful group to work with. The food was beyond excellent! From planning to the finished product we were very happy with The Ridge and their service. We are still hearing wonderful reviews from everyone that attended about the food, the venue and what a great wedding director we had. Everything was so perfect ? and Ruby did a wonderful job! Again, many thanks to the Ridge for providing such a great venue and for making my daughters wedding day so special. It was truly a perfect day!

Sent on 10/10/2009
  • via

viola · Married on 08/16/2009

I was so impressed and very pleased with the way our wedding turned out, we could not have asked for a better time and day.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Raeann · Married on 08/08/2009

I can not compliment Ruby, the on-site event coordinator, and the rest of the staff at The Ridge, enough. Their service on my wedding day was top notch, and Ruby was one of my most valuable resources for pretty much every question I had throughout the entire project. The ceremony under the Oak tree was nothing short of majestic, and the food was excellent. My guests remarked that it was the best "wedding food" they'd ever had. I recommend The Ridge for your wedding with full confidence.

Sent on 11/20/2009

Kathleen · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with Liz and having our wedding at The Ridge was such a great decision! She is so dedicated to making every detail work for you despite having so many brides to deal with. The Ridge was an absolutely beautiful location and the food was spectacular and yet it was more affordable than a lot of the other venues we saw. The ballroom is a really nice size (we had around 130 and it was very comfortable for tables, dance floor, etc.) and having the patio for people to hang out, for the bar, and for a photo booth worked out great. Definitely recommend booking them!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/01/2010

4.2
      3.0

The venue was gorgeous and the staff is top notch! Ruby is the on-site wedding coordinator and she does an amazing job making sure the day goes flawlessly. The banquet staff and the food is as good as it gets. We had numerous guest comment on how great the food was!!

Sent on 05/30/2010
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 06/18/2011

3.0

We were pretty happy about how everything turned out. Natalie ( the ridge's wedding coordinator ) was so responsive and really helpful. The only two things I have negitively to say is, while planning we were advised not to order two kegs for the cocktail hour becuase it would be better to order that day. When we tried to order the keg that day they were "out" and only could offer us a half keg of some random beer. I think that was there way of controlling the crowd wich I did not like since we paid good money to hold our whole wedding there. Also, the bartender who was assiged to our event was very very rude to all our guests including the groom. Did not like that. Over all though it was a great event and everyone is well coordinated. I would recommend this venue just be sure to have every detail talked out before the big day.

Sent on 07/23/2011