The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews

63 Reviews for The Reno Tahoe DJ Company

63 The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews
  • Jordyn

Jordyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Cooper from Reno Tahoe DJ Company was amazing! He really played music everyone loved and kept everyone dancing.

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was very helpful throughout the planning of both our ceremony and reception. Music was spot on and had people dancing all night. It was an amazing night thanks to the help of Larry! Thank you very much Larry, you’re the best!!!
    Mr. and Mrs. Maaka

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 1

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was great through the whole process of officiating and DJing our wedding this April. He essentially led the entire wedding. He gave me, the bride, extreme peace of mind knowing there was someone keeping the whole party going. His music choices were great and his officiating got us through the tears! He even made the ceremony music changes seamlessly with a remote while officiating!

I would recommend Larry to anyone in the Tahoe/Reno area.

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 2

Carly · Married on 04/27/2018

Larry was awesome!!! (to put it lightly)! I would highly recommend him and his company. He was so thorough and professional from the very beginning. Such a pleasure to work and communicate with. He was so helpful in putting together every little detail and was so involved in helping in anyway he could, very sweet. The forms he sends for you to fill out are very useful and really let you personalize how you want every aspect and phase of your wedding to go. I wanted a specific kind of song to walk down the aisle to that made both myself and groom happy and was having a hard time finding the perfect fit. Larry made a suggestion and it was THE song! He definitely knows what he is doing and is very trained and seasoned. The wedding went perfect and was FLAWLESS. I couldn't have dreamed of a better DJ/announcer for my big day. My guests mentioned several time's how professional the DJ was, and how awesome his speaking voice and presence was. It went so smoothly, and Larry was so accommodating in staying an extra half hour for our reception. Everything was really a dream come true. You will NOT be disappointed in Larry and his services!!!

Devin · Married on 04/14/2018

Larry was very invested in making sure the entertainment of our wedding was exactly as we wanted.

He was the DJ and the Officiant. That went great, completely seamless.

Great work Larry!

Samantha · Married on 01/06/2018

There are absolutely no words to describe how incredible Larry Williams was! He made our day the most memorable, fun loving, and amazing time! We partied it up with our loved ones and celebrated our marriage. He was so kind, helpful and wonderful throughout our wedding planning journey and was patient with us. As everyone is still saying we had the wedding of the year, we truly owe it to this man for making that happen!

laurel · Married on 10/21/2017

As the mother-of-the-bride, there were quite a few things to worry about but RT DJ was NOT one of them! Larry was great! The wedding was out of Eureka (NV) he was so good to work with , had no problem coming a long ways, it was so easy to work with this company. He had people on the dance floor all night and even went an extra 2 hours because everybody wanted to keep dancing! He played the music we asked for and kept the program going with ease. Anyone looking for a professional, easy to work with person to keep your reception flowing should use this company!

Sent on 11/07/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the nice words, Laurel. I am blessed to work with a lot of moms, but I have never seen a mom take on so much responsibility as you. To plan a wedding like your daughters with 550 people in a barn in the middle of eastern Nevada was truly a herculean effort. You should be a professional wedding planner. The table and room decor, food and ambiance that you created was amazing! You truly get "Mother of the Year!" It was an honor to serve you! Thanks again!

Angela · Married on 10/08/2017

They were great, gave our guests a party to enjoy. Easy to work with and extremely informative.

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Angela & Mike, for entrusting Cooper and I to handle your wedding at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. It was an honor.

Babe · Married on 09/30/2017

Larry Williams did a phenomenal job as our wedding DJ! He really completed the party. He made the night extremely fun and made our day special. We were so happy with the way he ran things and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Babe. You and Sarah are such a beautiful couple and your wedding was "off the hook." So many great moments. I was so happy to have presented the biographical introductions of your Bridal Party and interactive sing-a-longs before Dinner. Seeing the joy and smiles on the faces of your guests during those moments was priceless. Thank you again for the kind words. I wish you and Sarah all the best.

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I got married on 9/23/17 and had a fairly large wedding and some specific requests in regards to the style of music, ceremonies, etc. We were looking for someone who would manage the ceremonial activities in a timely manner, show us where we need to be when we need to be there, and facilitate a fun environment for us and our guests. We never could have even imagined how far beyond our expectations Reno Tahoe DJ Company would go. We were lucky enough to have Larry perform our ceremony as well as DJ the reception, and it could not have been more perfect. He told our love story during the ceremony, managed the activities during the reception beautifully, and absolutely handled everything flawlessly. On our way to the honeymoon my husband and I both were talking non stop about what an incredible job Larry and Reno Tahoe DJ Company did with our wedding. Prior to the wedding I had no idea how important it would be to have a DJ that was able to handle all that Larry did, but I can not stress enough how incredible it is to have someone who is so good at managing the reception the way Larry did. If I could give ten stars, I would. Larry takes the time to actually get to know the couple, their story, the whole history, and even takes time to honor the parents/family of the bride and groom to truly make the ceremony all about you and your love for each other. I can't recommend strongly enough the Reno Tahoe DJ Company, and Larry specifically although I'm sure everyone in the company will give a stellar performance for your special day.

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

You are so sweet. Thank you, Kimberly. I hope customers reading this will understand that my advanced level training as a "certified" Wedding Entertainment Director has well prepared me to handle multiple duties expertly. In this case, Officiant, DJ and Event Coordinator. Your wedding at The Grove in South Reno was one I will always remember. I am so honored you entrusted me with such important roles and I am thrilled that you were so happy. I hope you and Cody enjoy all the blessings of a wonderful life together.
  • Katharine

Katharine · Married on 09/16/2017

I endorse with enthusiasm the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! From the moment of first contact eight months before the wedding (September 16, 2017), Larry was quick in his responses to my questions and requests. He was friendly, exuded professionalism, and made me feel confident that a DJ from his company would provide great A/V and master of ceremonies services. DJ Cooper did a fantastic job the day of our wedding. The music and microphones for our outdoor ceremony worked perfectly. I appreciated that there was both a lapel mic for our officiant and a hand-held mic for our reader. Larry and I discussed in advance our desired timeline for the post-ceremony events, and DJ Cooper helped everything flow beautifully. We chose the types of music genres that we wanted at various points in the evening, and DJ Cooper chose excellent suggestions and made sure the music was loud enough but not too loud. I can't believe how many of our friends and family members danced: even my boss, who told me afterwards that he and his wife had never danced in public before! DJ Cooper faded out the music perfectly where we wanted it during the parent dance songs, and our first dance was coordinated splendidly to the music just as we wanted. Some of my favorite memories of the reception are dancing with my friends to an awesome 1940s swing tune and the crescendo of the pace of the last song of the night, which started out as a slow dance and then got rollickin'. I'm not sure how I had never heard Donna Summer's "Last Dance" before, but I'm so glad that DJ Cooper played it. We had distributed glow sticks for the grand exit right before DJ Cooper started that song, and seeing all my friends and family dancing under the dimmed lights, waving their glowsticks is one of my most joy-filled memory from our wedding day. Hands down, I recommend Larry Williams and his Reno Tahoe DJ Company to all my Reno area friends, family, and internet strangers.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 3
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 4
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 5

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Katharine. Your review underscores one of the hallmarks of my company. As an owner, I love working directly with my brides during the pre-event process. My subsequent meetings with my DJ's is where we fine-tune everything. Cooper (like all of my DJ's) is amazing at making our pre-event planning shine like a diamond on the day of the event. Your wedding at the Nevada Museum of Art is one that Cooper and I will remember for a very long time. I am thrilled we have your beautiful First Dance photograph to remember it by. Thank you for being so wonderful. I wish you and Cassidy every great wish that life affords.

Darla · Married on 09/16/2017

Larry did a great job for the wedding reception!

Sent on 10/19/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Darla. It was an honor to handle things for Carolyn & Michael's wedding at Hidden Valley Country Club.

McKayla · Married on 08/26/2017

We recently got married at the Resort at Squaw Creek and DJ Cooper and his assistant, Jesse, were absolutely amazing! It was an intimate wedding--only about 50 guests, but they had the dance floor going until the farewell song. I requested a few unusual songs for the recessional and specialty dances, and the Reno Tahoe DJ Company made sure to acquire them at no additional expense. We were so impressed by the professionalism of the whole staff, including Larry, who made a few phone calls in the weeks leading up to ensure that everything would go according to plan. They were extremely accommodating and set up special speakers after I decided that I wanted our first dance in a different location. All of the music that we requested was played at the right time and Jesse even helped with our slideshow so that we could enjoy the presentation along with our guests. Larry genuinely wanted our day to go smoothly, so he sent an extra assistant and this was a very pleasant surprise. Overall, a perfect combination of music and a stress-free experience. DJ Cooper kept everything on schedule and was the epitome of a professional. I've been to many weddings where the DJs talk way too much--this was absolutely not the case! We would recommend the Reno Tahoe DJ Company 100% and could not be happier with this choice for our wedding.

Sent on 09/02/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

What an amazing testimonial. Thank you, McKayla. I hope every wedding couple takes your words to heart because you touched upon many things that people don't often consider. Many people in my profession take small weddings for granted. I'm glad I didn't. This is why I brought the team of myself, Cooper and Jesse together to make it perfect. This is what every customer deserves. I hope you and Ryan enjoy a lifetime of happiness and thank you so much once again for the honor to serve you.

Gina · Married on 07/29/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ company provided the perfect compliment in wedding day pre ceremony, ceremony and reception music. Larry Williams was so helpful the through the entire process with song selection ideas and taking the pressure off of the bride. I spoke to him multiple times about the songs, he directed me to the long list of songs for different categories of dance on his website but also played music over the phone to help me select the perfect songs for my big day. He was very prompt in his responses to me every time I e-mailed him with any questions. My DJ on the wedding day was excellent as well. He checked with me regularly throughout the reception, he kept the guests dancing the whole evening. I had to extend the reception twice because people were dancing and having so much fun. This was exactly the experience I was hoping for! Thank you Larry and Cooper!

Sent on 10/01/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Gina, thank you so much for recognizing the benefits of what a team effort can bring to an event. Your event at Garwoods in North Lake Tahoe was as memorable for myself, DJ Cooper and his assistant Jesse - as it was for you and your guests. We were honored to have your trust and confidence and wish you and Don a wonderful life together.

Nancy · Married on 06/10/2017

Larry Williams of RTDJ was the DJ/emcee for our recent wedding. Larry made our wedding day flow smoothly - with lots good music that was appropriately timed, and guiding us through the entire process - from walking down the aisle to cutting the cake, to the last dance. Our guests continue to comment how much they enjoyed the event, citing the good music and fun and timely commentary provided by our DJ. Larry was personable and pleasant through the entire process, and we highly recommend his professional service for any event you may be planning.

Sent on 08/29/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you Nancy. You and Ferd were such a wonderful couple to work with. It warmed my heart to be a part of your special day and meet your families. Blessings to you both.

Brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

Reno Tahoe DJ Company was one of the best vendors at our wedding, hands down! Larry was extremely responsive to all of our questions and inquiries, and checked in often as the big day approached. Their service is an excellent value, and there's was a wonderful amount of flexibility in the music we played. The DJ at our wedding did a fantastic job with songs and timing as well as making announcements and keeping the flow going. We received multiple compliments from our guests, and everyone stayed on the dance floor for hours! It was a blast. Thank you so very much for making our special evening SO memorable!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Brittany. It was an honor to work with you to craft a memorable celebration. But as you know the pre-event planning is just one part of our service. Great events like yours cannot be realized without the amazing efforts of my DJ staff. DJ Cooper was thrilled to be a part of your celebration at Aspen Grove Park in Incline Village. We are so happy you will never forget your wedding day. We wish you and Marc nothing but the best.

Carol · Married on 06/03/2017

Larry provided a wonderful service highlighting the joining of our two families. He was extremely easy to work with and very professional throughout the whole process. This was an outdoor wedding in a park with a reception following afterwards. He also was able to recommend an excellent Photographer. The DJ at the reception following, provided a smooth transition from the ceremony to the reception. We were able to select the type of music and set the songs for the wedding in advance, which allowed us to enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/29/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Carol. It was an honor for me (Larry) to officiate your wedding and my DJ (Jesse) had a great time handling the music, announcements and event flow too. All the best to you and Jon.

Stephanie · Married on 04/15/2017

We definitely recommend The Reno Tahoe DJ Company! We worked with Larry on setting up the details, and then Cooper was our DJ for the ceremony and reception on our wedding day. Larry's planning process was a huge help to us - we didn't know where to start and found his worksheets regarding song choices and planning choices to be a huge relief to our planning process! Cooper was extremely professional and did an excellent job at both the ceremony and reception. He was super flexible with our up to the minute requests and was extremely friendly. All of our guests loved the playlist - in fact I don't think I've ever seen so many people dancing at a wedding! The floor was packed until the last second! Thank you Cooper and Larry!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie. Cooper and I really enjoyed working with you. Your wedding was so much fun. Thank you for mentioning the benefit of our on-line planning forms. They are like the "secret ingredient" for event success. Cooper and I wish you and Steve all the happiness in the world. It was our honor to serve you

Andrea · Married on 01/28/2017

Great company to work with. Sent them a ton of music we wanted to hear on our wedding day and the playlist and flow of the music was great. Have had so many compliments and several people saying "I haven't danced that much in years."

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Andrea. It was an absolutely joy to meet your amazing family and be a part of your wedding at the Grand Sierra Resort.

Christi · Married on 10/08/2016

Please hire these guys! They are so awesome. The communication was great from the very start all the way through the actual wedding day. Larry is so professional; he's a pro and has been doing this for years and it shows! Everything was exactly as I had planned it down to each and every song that was supposed to play throughout the night for each major event in the evening. The DJ even approached me before the reception to make sure he had everyone's names pronounced correctly before he announced them. Super great company, I highly recommend. Larry is a personable, awesome guy and I feel like we have a new friend for life and I will continue to recommend his company to anyone needing a DJ!

Sent on 10/24/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Christi. You are so sweet! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and James. You are a beautiful couple. I love the line about being a "new friend for life". You got a deal. I am so grateful that many of my closest friends today are past customers. See you soon! :)

Chris · Married on 10/07/2016

Reno Tahoe Company was a pleasure to work with. They were very easy to reaching everything went perfectly as planned. I would recommend them highly.

Sent on 10/19/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you so much. Your wedding at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe was one of the most memorable of the year!

Milla · Married on 09/03/2016

Reno Tahoe DJ Company was a pleasure to work with! Larry was in contact with us constantly to smooth out the kinks and to make our experience easy and pleasant. On the day of our wedding, our DJ (Cooper) was wonderful at every point. He helped to guide us through each part of the night and was always professional. I didn't have to worry about anything the whole night which was a blessing considering the deluge of other things clouding my mind.
    They were great, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ company!

Sent on 09/15/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Milla. Yes, event day planning and coordination (by the DJ) is one of the most overlooked things when planning a wedding. As a "certified" Wedding Entertainment Director - I pass along this skill set to ALL of my DJ's. This means we are there to handle the event flow so you can concentrate on family and friends. It was a pleasure to work with you and Nicholas. All the best! :)

Angelica · Married on 09/03/2016

We really enjoyed working with Larry and he was incredibly quick to communicate and answer all of our questions. We had a few special requests for our ceremony music and Larry went out of his way to track down all of our songs and came through on every request. Our event was MC'd by DJ Michael and he was a great addition to our wedding. He was very professional and kept the event flowing smoothly and our guests entertained and dancing all night. Our guests were having such a great time we decided to extend the festivities and the rates for keeping the party going were very reasonable. I would hire them again and recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ that will listen to your requests and give you the experience you are looking for!

Sent on 11/21/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Angelica. You and Aaron were a delight to work with. Tannenbaum is such a beautiful facility and DJ Michael also said it was a great night. I'm glad you mentioned the affordability of our "additional hour" policy. Saving money during the extended portion of a wedding celebration has been a hallmark of our company for many years. Blessings to you both. :)

Christine · Married on 08/27/2016

The DJ from this company that we had originally booked for the wedding day was sick and Larry himself filled in for him which was wonderful. He was great at guiding the reception along and even played some extra songs for us when the limo was late to arrive. Wonderful experience!

Sent on 11/21/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for recognizing this. Illness rarely happens, but when it does, it is important that we (as a company) respond with an existing contingency plan so there is no disruption in service. I am happy you were pleased with how we handled this. It was an honor to serve you. :)

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company was very easy to work with. They were responsive and always answered my questions in a timely manner. Larry Williams personally called me on two or three occasions to make sure that we were on the same page. The DJ who was on site for our wedding kept up the pace and vibe that I wanted for the wedding based on what Larry and I had discussed in our prior conversations. I am very grateful for the way The Reno Tahoe DJ Company treated us for our big day. They are the best and highly recommended!

Sent on 09/12/2016

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Allie. I appreciate you bringing up the planning process. That is key for ALL future customers. It's a two-step process that begins with me (here in the office) and continues with the precise implementation (by my talented and trusted DJs) on the day of the wedding. I wish you and Ben many years of happiness.