61 Reviews for The Reno Tahoe DJ Company

Do-Not-Play List (7)
MC (6)
One Event Per Day (4)
61 The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews

We contracted with Reno Tahoe DJ Company for our June wedding. The owner, Larry was very professional and organized from the initial inquiry thru the planning and then the event itself. His DJ, Cooper, was equally professional, making all the announcements we asked and kept the night moving with a good selection of music. He also accommodated a few last minute requests and adjustments. Thanks Larry and Reno Tahoe DJ for helping our wedding come off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Tom, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was very helpful throughout the planning of both our ceremony and reception. Music was spot on and had people dancing all night. It was an amazing night thanks to the help of Larry! Thank you very much Larry, you’re the best!!!
Mr. and Mrs. Maaka

Profile Picture Tiffany , 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Larry was great through the whole process of officiating and DJing our wedding this April. He essentially led the entire wedding. He gave me, the bride, extreme peace of mind knowing there was someone keeping the whole party going. His music choices were great and his officiating got us through the tears! He even made the ceremony music changes seamlessly with a remote while officiating!

I would recommend Larry to anyone in the Tahoe/Reno area.

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Larry was awesome!!! (to put it lightly)! I would highly recommend him and his company. He was so thorough and professional from the very beginning. Such a pleasure to work and communicate with. He was so helpful in putting together every little detail and was so involved in helping in anyway he could, very sweet. The forms he sends for you to fill out are very useful and really let you personalize how you want every aspect and phase of your wedding to go. I wanted a specific kind of song to walk down the aisle to that made both myself and groom happy and was having a hard time finding the perfect fit. Larry made a suggestion and it was THE song! He definitely knows what he is doing and is very trained and seasoned. The wedding went perfect and was FLAWLESS. I couldn't have dreamed of a better DJ/announcer for my big day. My guests mentioned several time's how professional the DJ was, and how awesome his speaking voice and presence was. It went so smoothly, and Larry was so accommodating in staying an extra half hour for our reception. Everything was really a dream come true. You will NOT be disappointed in Larry and his services!!!

Profile Picture Carly, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Larry was very invested in making sure the entertainment of our wedding was exactly as we wanted.

He was the DJ and the Officiant. That went great, completely seamless.

Great work Larry!

Profile Picture Devin, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

There are absolutely no words to describe how incredible Larry Williams was! He made our day the most memorable, fun loving, and amazing time! We partied it up with our loved ones and celebrated our marriage. He was so kind, helpful and wonderful throughout our wedding planning journey and was patient with us. As everyone is still saying we had the wedding of the year, we truly owe it to this man for making that happen!

Profile Picture Samantha, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry was so great to work with! He answered all our questions, read our crowd great at our reception and kept everyone dancing all night long. The dance floor was never empty! He helped the reception flow very smoothly. We had specific music requests and he was intentional about playing them all. We are happy to recommend him to anyone looking for a great master of ceremonies!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As the mother-of-the-bride, there were quite a few things to worry about but RT DJ was NOT one of them! Larry was great! The wedding was out of Eureka (NV) he was so good to work with , had no problem coming a long ways, it was so easy to work with this company. He had people on the dance floor all night and even went an extra 2 hours because everybody wanted to keep dancing! He played the music we asked for and kept the program going with ease. Anyone looking for a professional, easy to work with person to keep your reception flowing should use this company!

Profile Picture laurel, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

They were great, gave our guests a party to enjoy. Easy to work with and extremely informative.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Larry Williams did a phenomenal job as our wedding DJ! He really completed the party. He made the night extremely fun and made our day special. We were so happy with the way he ran things and would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Babe, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I got married on 9/23/17 and had a fairly large wedding and some specific requests in regards to the style of music, ceremonies, etc. We were looking for someone who would manage the ceremonial activities in a timely manner, show us where we need to be when we need to be there, and facilitate a fun environment for us and our guests. We never could have even imagined how far beyond our expectations Reno Tahoe DJ Company would go. We were lucky enough to have Larry perform our ceremony as well as DJ the reception, and it could not have been more perfect. He told our love story during the ceremony, managed the activities during the reception beautifully, and absolutely handled everything flawlessly. On our way to the honeymoon my husband and I both were talking non stop about what an incredible job Larry and Reno Tahoe DJ Company did with our wedding. Prior to the wedding I had no idea how important it would be to have a DJ that was able to handle all that Larry did, but I can not stress enough how incredible it is to have someone who is so good at managing the reception the way Larry did. If I could give ten stars, I would. Larry takes the time to actually get to know the couple, their story, the whole history, and even takes time to honor the parents/family of the bride and groom to truly make the ceremony all about you and your love for each other. I can't recommend strongly enough the Reno Tahoe DJ Company, and Larry specifically although I'm sure everyone in the company will give a stellar performance for your special day.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I endorse with enthusiasm the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! From the moment of first contact eight months before the wedding (September 16, 2017), Larry was quick in his responses to my questions and requests. He was friendly, exuded professionalism, and made me feel confident that a DJ from his company would provide great A/V and master of ceremonies services. DJ Cooper did a fantastic job the day of our wedding. The music and microphones for our outdoor ceremony worked perfectly. I appreciated that there was both a lapel mic for our officiant and a hand-held mic for our reader. Larry and I discussed in advance our desired timeline for the post-ceremony events, and DJ Cooper helped everything flow beautifully. We chose the types of music genres that we wanted at various points in the evening, and DJ Cooper chose excellent suggestions and made sure the music was loud enough but not too loud. I can't believe how many of our friends and family members danced: even my boss, who told me afterwards that he and his wife had never danced in public before! DJ Cooper faded out the music perfectly where we wanted it during the parent dance songs, and our first dance was coordinated splendidly to the music just as we wanted. Some of my favorite memories of the reception are dancing with my friends to an awesome 1940s swing tune and the crescendo of the pace of the last song of the night, which started out as a slow dance and then got rollickin'. I'm not sure how I had never heard Donna Summer's "Last Dance" before, but I'm so glad that DJ Cooper played it. We had distributed glow sticks for the grand exit right before DJ Cooper started that song, and seeing all my friends and family dancing under the dimmed lights, waving their glowsticks is one of my most joy-filled memory from our wedding day. Hands down, I recommend Larry Williams and his Reno Tahoe DJ Company to all my Reno area friends, family, and internet strangers.

Profile Picture Katharine, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Larry did a great job for the wedding reception!

Profile Picture Darla, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We recently got married at the Resort at Squaw Creek and DJ Cooper and his assistant, Jesse, were absolutely amazing! It was an intimate wedding--only about 50 guests, but they had the dance floor going until the farewell song. I requested a few unusual songs for the recessional and specialty dances, and the Reno Tahoe DJ Company made sure to acquire them at no additional expense. We were so impressed by the professionalism of the whole staff, including Larry, who made a few phone calls in the weeks leading up to ensure that everything would go according to plan. They were extremely accommodating and set up special speakers after I decided that I wanted our first dance in a different location. All of the music that we requested was played at the right time and Jesse even helped with our slideshow so that we could enjoy the presentation along with our guests. Larry genuinely wanted our day to go smoothly, so he sent an extra assistant and this was a very pleasant surprise. Overall, a perfect combination of music and a stress-free experience. DJ Cooper kept everything on schedule and was the epitome of a professional. I've been to many weddings where the DJs talk way too much--this was absolutely not the case! We would recommend the Reno Tahoe DJ Company 100% and could not be happier with this choice for our wedding.

Profile Picture McKayla, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Reno Tahoe DJ company provided the perfect compliment in wedding day pre ceremony, ceremony and reception music. Larry Williams was so helpful the through the entire process with song selection ideas and taking the pressure off of the bride. I spoke to him multiple times about the songs, he directed me to the long list of songs for different categories of dance on his website but also played music over the phone to help me select the perfect songs for my big day. He was very prompt in his responses to me every time I e-mailed him with any questions. My DJ on the wedding day was excellent as well. He checked with me regularly throughout the reception, he kept the guests dancing the whole evening. I had to extend the reception twice because people were dancing and having so much fun. This was exactly the experience I was hoping for! Thank you Larry and Cooper!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Larry Williams of RTDJ was the DJ/emcee for our recent wedding. Larry made our wedding day flow smoothly - with lots good music that was appropriately timed, and guiding us through the entire process - from walking down the aisle to cutting the cake, to the last dance. Our guests continue to comment how much they enjoyed the event, citing the good music and fun and timely commentary provided by our DJ. Larry was personable and pleasant through the entire process, and we highly recommend his professional service for any event you may be planning.

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Reno Tahoe DJ Company was one of the best vendors at our wedding, hands down! Larry was extremely responsive to all of our questions and inquiries, and checked in often as the big day approached. Their service is an excellent value, and there's was a wonderful amount of flexibility in the music we played. The DJ at our wedding did a fantastic job with songs and timing as well as making announcements and keeping the flow going. We received multiple compliments from our guests, and everyone stayed on the dance floor for hours! It was a blast. Thank you so very much for making our special evening SO memorable!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Larry provided a wonderful service highlighting the joining of our two families. He was extremely easy to work with and very professional throughout the whole process. This was an outdoor wedding in a park with a reception following afterwards. He also was able to recommend an excellent Photographer. The DJ at the reception following, provided a smooth transition from the ceremony to the reception. We were able to select the type of music and set the songs for the wedding in advance, which allowed us to enjoy the day.

Profile Picture Carol, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant

We definitely recommend The Reno Tahoe DJ Company! We worked with Larry on setting up the details, and then Cooper was our DJ for the ceremony and reception on our wedding day. Larry's planning process was a huge help to us - we didn't know where to start and found his worksheets regarding song choices and planning choices to be a huge relief to our planning process! Cooper was extremely professional and did an excellent job at both the ceremony and reception. He was super flexible with our up to the minute requests and was extremely friendly. All of our guests loved the playlist - in fact I don't think I've ever seen so many people dancing at a wedding! The floor was packed until the last second! Thank you Cooper and Larry!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Great company to work with. Sent them a ton of music we wanted to hear on our wedding day and the playlist and flow of the music was great. Have had so many compliments and several people saying "I haven't danced that much in years."

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Please hire these guys! They are so awesome. The communication was great from the very start all the way through the actual wedding day. Larry is so professional; he's a pro and has been doing this for years and it shows! Everything was exactly as I had planned it down to each and every song that was supposed to play throughout the night for each major event in the evening. The DJ even approached me before the reception to make sure he had everyone's names pronounced correctly before he announced them. Super great company, I highly recommend. Larry is a personable, awesome guy and I feel like we have a new friend for life and I will continue to recommend his company to anyone needing a DJ!

Profile Picture Christi , 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Reno Tahoe Company was a pleasure to work with. They were very easy to reaching everything went perfectly as planned. I would recommend them highly.

Profile Picture User7329795, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Reno Tahoe DJ Company was a pleasure to work with! Larry was in contact with us constantly to smooth out the kinks and to make our experience easy and pleasant. On the day of our wedding, our DJ (Cooper) was wonderful at every point. He helped to guide us through each part of the night and was always professional. I didn't have to worry about anything the whole night which was a blessing considering the deluge of other things clouding my mind.
They were great, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ company!

Profile Picture Milla, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really enjoyed working with Larry and he was incredibly quick to communicate and answer all of our questions. We had a few special requests for our ceremony music and Larry went out of his way to track down all of our songs and came through on every request. Our event was MC'd by DJ Michael and he was a great addition to our wedding. He was very professional and kept the event flowing smoothly and our guests entertained and dancing all night. Our guests were having such a great time we decided to extend the festivities and the rates for keeping the party going were very reasonable. I would hire them again and recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ that will listen to your requests and give you the experience you are looking for!

Profile Picture Angelica, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The DJ from this company that we had originally booked for the wedding day was sick and Larry himself filled in for him which was wonderful. He was great at guiding the reception along and even played some extra songs for us when the limo was late to arrive. Wonderful experience!

Profile Picture User6511789, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews