The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 5
  • Chanel

Chanel · Married on 09/15/2019

Awesomeness!!

Larry was awesome! He was our officiant AND DJ. The ceremony was great, it was short and sweet but had just enough of our story and words on marriage to keep our guests attention. His DJ skills were amazing, he listened to all our wants and requests for wedding songs that we wanted played. He even went out of his way to purchase songs from our list(which was pretty extensive) that he didnt have. He contacted us multiple times before our wedding so that he had every detail correct and to ensure he met every single expectation we had! Larry is awesome and we 100% recommend using him!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding DJ

Larry was absolutely incredible! He has amazing creative ideas that the guests loved. Everyone raved about him after our wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Amy Baltar · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding in June

Amazing work. Best DJ out there

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • DeeDeeDugan

Denise Dugan · Married on 06/09/2019

Excellent Experience

Larry was great. Professional, timely, fun games, charming and our guests loved the interaction and environment Larry created. I couldn't ask for a better person for the job. Well worth the money and we gained a new friend in the process. Glad to have shared our special day with Larry. I would gladly use his services again in the future. Doug & Denise Larned.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Megan · Married on 05/24/2019

The best!!

Larry was everything we wanted in a DJ. I had interviewed a few DJs before finding him and nothing felt right, but we were ready to settle. Then a friend said she was having Larry DJ her wedding, and I called him the next day. He is the nicest guy and makes you feel so comfortable. I really didn’t even know all of the questions I should ask him, but he brought forward so much information, and that I knew he was the one! He answered emails and calls promptly and seriously made us feel less stressed about everything. I told him from the start that my wedding guests weren’t big dancers, and he said that was no problem! He made the party so much fun just using simple little tricks, like having guests take selfies and race to send them to him in order to get to the buffet line faster. I would recommend Larry over and over again!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful Wedding DJ

The first thing that stands out about Reno Tahoe DJ Company is the dedication to thoroughness that goes into planning music for weddings. Prior to speaking to Larry Williams, my husband and I looked at a series of online forms that allowed us to select songs and genres. When speaking with Larry on the phone and in person, he communicates professionally while also allowing the process to be relaxed and fun. He was timely day of, and did a fantastic job making announcements and balancing the progression of our ceremony and reception. Not only did he play all of the requested favorites, but he was full of energy and motivated everyone to stay on the dance floor. For all these reasons in addition to Larry’s years of experience, I can’t recommend Reno Tahoe DJ Company enough.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Brian · Married on 05/04/2019

Top Quality DJ

It's amazing how much a DJ becomes part of your day. It's so important to pick the right one as they set the mood, flow, and are the voice of the wedding. We could not have been happier with Larry at our wedding! He, without a doubt, knows his stuff! His pre-wedding meeting with us made us so comfortable with him and his plan. He promised he wouldn't surprise us with anything we didn't want and walked through every crowd interaction activity with us in advance. It was so reassuring to know that we had complete control over how our evening would flow and that he truly cared about customizing everything EXACTLY as we wanted. He got all of the songs we requested, mixed in genres based on our interests, and helped with music suggestions when we weren't sure. He added so many special moments and memories to our day and made us feel like true stars of the show. We would recommend him without any hesitation! HE IS AWESOME!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Jesse Brown · Married on 10/07/2018

Fantastic Experience!

Larry was tremendous, from planning to coordination to execution. He was top notch in every respect, and put on one heck of a party. Will definitely be looking for any reason to work with him again!

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Jesse, I had always enjoyed working with you when you were the Banquet Captain at the Chateau at Incline. To have you choose me over all the DJ's you have seen, was a great honor. I wish you and MIchela a lifetime of happiness.
  • Jordyn

Jordyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Cooper from Reno Tahoe DJ Company was amazing! He really played music everyone loved and kept everyone dancing.

Sent on 10/12/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jordyn. Cooper and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and Alex on your wedding program.

Richard Viloria · Married on 09/22/2018

Awesome experience!

Best DJ ever. Thank you, Larry

Sent on 12/23/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Richard. Your wedding at the Chateau in Incline was beautiful. My continued best to you and Sabrina. It was an honor to serve you.

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2018

Best. DJ. Ever.

Our guests LOVED Reno DJ Company. Some even asking if our DJ could travel to different states! So professional. Would definitely recommend to everyone we know.

Sent on 12/20/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jessica. Yes, as a matter of fact, we travel ALL across the country. I wish you and Connor the very best.
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 08/18/2018

Everyone Loves Larry!

We can't speak highly enough about our experience with Larry at the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! We planned a very quick wedding with a short engagement, and on a popular date... so when I started getting the response from most DJs that they were booked, I was worried we would be left with the worst options. Larry quickly shattered any concerns I had. Larry was lightning fast with his responses to my emails and was flexible when we changed our opinions on music selections. He helped us to honor both of our parents' 40th wedding anniversaries in the reception by playing their respective songs. He worked well with us despite the fact that we were indecisive on certain music choices, and steadfast on others. My husband is a big fan of hard rock and hates the YMCA type interactive songs... add that to a noon wedding where I was worried no one would dance, and I was VERY concerned about there being something for everyone. Larry did not let us down. He suggested amazing music for our reception and cocktail hour. And he was able to find the odd requests we had for our special music--I wanted to walk down the aisle to a piano rendition of Metallica-- Larry found it no problem and worked with me to make it a very special bridal processional. At the reception, Larry had an amazing presence when he needed to, yet was reserved and not overwhelming. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it... and he was so great about making special announcements we requested. We were so lucky to find Larry and we can't recommend him enough! Pay the extra money for his expertise and service. It will be the easiest part of your wedding planning!

Sent on 11/19/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Larry loves Raechel & Ty!
    I am so glad you both found me. I'll never forget you walking down the stairs of the Edgewood South Room to your beachfront wedding. Wow! That was a real breathtaking moment. I really enjoyed working with you both. Your family was awesome and I will always remember your wedding. I wish you nothing but the very best that life has to offer.

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was very helpful throughout the planning of both our ceremony and reception. Music was spot on and had people dancing all night. It was an amazing night thanks to the help of Larry! Thank you very much Larry, you’re the best!!!
    Mr. and Mrs. Maaka

Sent on 04/30/2018
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 6

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Tiffany. You and Tevita were awesome. Your wedding was so much fun, especially with the island theme. Your daughter and her hula dancer friends were a huge highlight and really kicked off the party perfectly. Thank you again for your kind words.

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was great through the whole process of officiating and DJing our wedding this April. He essentially led the entire wedding. He gave me, the bride, extreme peace of mind knowing there was someone keeping the whole party going. His music choices were great and his officiating got us through the tears! He even made the ceremony music changes seamlessly with a remote while officiating!

I would recommend Larry to anyone in the Tahoe/Reno area.

Sent on 05/05/2018
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 7

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Kayla. You and Jairus were awesome to work with. I am so happy you enjoyed all aspects of my DJing and Officiating. As you know, I'm passionate about what I do and I'm thrilled you loved it.

Carly · Married on 04/27/2018

Larry was awesome!!! (to put it lightly)! I would highly recommend him and his company. He was so thorough and professional from the very beginning. Such a pleasure to work and communicate with. He was so helpful in putting together every little detail and was so involved in helping in anyway he could, very sweet. The forms he sends for you to fill out are very useful and really let you personalize how you want every aspect and phase of your wedding to go. I wanted a specific kind of song to walk down the aisle to that made both myself and groom happy and was having a hard time finding the perfect fit. Larry made a suggestion and it was THE song! He definitely knows what he is doing and is very trained and seasoned. The wedding went perfect and was FLAWLESS. I couldn't have dreamed of a better DJ/announcer for my big day. My guests mentioned several time's how professional the DJ was, and how awesome his speaking voice and presence was. It went so smoothly, and Larry was so accommodating in staying an extra half hour for our reception. Everything was really a dream come true. You will NOT be disappointed in Larry and his services!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Wow! Thank you, Carly. That was so sweet of you. Your Spring wedding at Tannenbaum was picture perfect and your family was so awesome to be around. I wish you and Rich a lifetime of happiness. It was an honor to serve you.

Devin · Married on 04/14/2018

Larry was very invested in making sure the entertainment of our wedding was exactly as we wanted.

He was the DJ and the Officiant. That went great, completely seamless.

Great work Larry!

Sent on 05/01/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Devin. Did you notice that the Gold Hill Hotel in Virginia City now uses a ceremony photo of you and your beautiful bride Kelly in their advertising? Who can blame them . . . you two are the most beautiful couple.

Samantha · Married on 01/06/2018

There are absolutely no words to describe how incredible Larry Williams was! He made our day the most memorable, fun loving, and amazing time! We partied it up with our loved ones and celebrated our marriage. He was so kind, helpful and wonderful throughout our wedding planning journey and was patient with us. As everyone is still saying we had the wedding of the year, we truly owe it to this man for making that happen!

Sent on 03/04/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Samantha. Your wedding at The Grove was the perfect way to start the New Year. You and Nolan are an amazing couple and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

laurel · Married on 10/21/2017

As the mother-of-the-bride, there were quite a few things to worry about but RT DJ was NOT one of them! Larry was great! The wedding was out of Eureka (NV) he was so good to work with , had no problem coming a long ways, it was so easy to work with this company. He had people on the dance floor all night and even went an extra 2 hours because everybody wanted to keep dancing! He played the music we asked for and kept the program going with ease. Anyone looking for a professional, easy to work with person to keep your reception flowing should use this company!

Sent on 11/07/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the nice words, Laurel. I am blessed to work with a lot of moms, but I have never seen a mom take on so much responsibility as you. To plan a wedding like your daughters with 550 people in a barn in the middle of eastern Nevada was truly a herculean effort. You should be a professional wedding planner. The table and room decor, food and ambiance that you created was amazing! You truly get "Mother of the Year!" It was an honor to serve you! Thanks again!

Angela · Married on 10/08/2017

They were great, gave our guests a party to enjoy. Easy to work with and extremely informative.

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Angela & Mike, for entrusting Cooper and I to handle your wedding at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. It was an honor.

Babe · Married on 09/30/2017

Larry Williams did a phenomenal job as our wedding DJ! He really completed the party. He made the night extremely fun and made our day special. We were so happy with the way he ran things and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Babe. You and Sarah are such a beautiful couple and your wedding was "off the hook." So many great moments. I was so happy to have presented the biographical introductions of your Bridal Party and interactive sing-a-longs before Dinner. Seeing the joy and smiles on the faces of your guests during those moments was priceless. Thank you again for the kind words. I wish you and Sarah all the best.

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I got married on 9/23/17 and had a fairly large wedding and some specific requests in regards to the style of music, ceremonies, etc. We were looking for someone who would manage the ceremonial activities in a timely manner, show us where we need to be when we need to be there, and facilitate a fun environment for us and our guests. We never could have even imagined how far beyond our expectations Reno Tahoe DJ Company would go. We were lucky enough to have Larry perform our ceremony as well as DJ the reception, and it could not have been more perfect. He told our love story during the ceremony, managed the activities during the reception beautifully, and absolutely handled everything flawlessly. On our way to the honeymoon my husband and I both were talking non stop about what an incredible job Larry and Reno Tahoe DJ Company did with our wedding. Prior to the wedding I had no idea how important it would be to have a DJ that was able to handle all that Larry did, but I can not stress enough how incredible it is to have someone who is so good at managing the reception the way Larry did. If I could give ten stars, I would. Larry takes the time to actually get to know the couple, their story, the whole history, and even takes time to honor the parents/family of the bride and groom to truly make the ceremony all about you and your love for each other. I can't recommend strongly enough the Reno Tahoe DJ Company, and Larry specifically although I'm sure everyone in the company will give a stellar performance for your special day.

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

You are so sweet. Thank you, Kimberly. I hope customers reading this will understand that my advanced level training as a "certified" Wedding Entertainment Director has well prepared me to handle multiple duties expertly. In this case, Officiant, DJ and Event Coordinator. Your wedding at The Grove in South Reno was one I will always remember. I am so honored you entrusted me with such important roles and I am thrilled that you were so happy. I hope you and Cody enjoy all the blessings of a wonderful life together.
  • Katharine

Katharine · Married on 09/16/2017

I endorse with enthusiasm the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! From the moment of first contact eight months before the wedding (September 16, 2017), Larry was quick in his responses to my questions and requests. He was friendly, exuded professionalism, and made me feel confident that a DJ from his company would provide great A/V and master of ceremonies services. DJ Cooper did a fantastic job the day of our wedding. The music and microphones for our outdoor ceremony worked perfectly. I appreciated that there was both a lapel mic for our officiant and a hand-held mic for our reader. Larry and I discussed in advance our desired timeline for the post-ceremony events, and DJ Cooper helped everything flow beautifully. We chose the types of music genres that we wanted at various points in the evening, and DJ Cooper chose excellent suggestions and made sure the music was loud enough but not too loud. I can't believe how many of our friends and family members danced: even my boss, who told me afterwards that he and his wife had never danced in public before! DJ Cooper faded out the music perfectly where we wanted it during the parent dance songs, and our first dance was coordinated splendidly to the music just as we wanted. Some of my favorite memories of the reception are dancing with my friends to an awesome 1940s swing tune and the crescendo of the pace of the last song of the night, which started out as a slow dance and then got rollickin'. I'm not sure how I had never heard Donna Summer's "Last Dance" before, but I'm so glad that DJ Cooper played it. We had distributed glow sticks for the grand exit right before DJ Cooper started that song, and seeing all my friends and family dancing under the dimmed lights, waving their glowsticks is one of my most joy-filled memory from our wedding day. Hands down, I recommend Larry Williams and his Reno Tahoe DJ Company to all my Reno area friends, family, and internet strangers.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 8
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 9
    The Reno Tahoe DJ Company 10

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Katharine. Your review underscores one of the hallmarks of my company. As an owner, I love working directly with my brides during the pre-event process. My subsequent meetings with my DJ's is where we fine-tune everything. Cooper (like all of my DJ's) is amazing at making our pre-event planning shine like a diamond on the day of the event. Your wedding at the Nevada Museum of Art is one that Cooper and I will remember for a very long time. I am thrilled we have your beautiful First Dance photograph to remember it by. Thank you for being so wonderful. I wish you and Cassidy every great wish that life affords.

Darla · Married on 09/16/2017

Larry did a great job for the wedding reception!

Sent on 10/19/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Darla. It was an honor to handle things for Carolyn & Michael's wedding at Hidden Valley Country Club.

McKayla · Married on 08/26/2017

We recently got married at the Resort at Squaw Creek and DJ Cooper and his assistant, Jesse, were absolutely amazing! It was an intimate wedding--only about 50 guests, but they had the dance floor going until the farewell song. I requested a few unusual songs for the recessional and specialty dances, and the Reno Tahoe DJ Company made sure to acquire them at no additional expense. We were so impressed by the professionalism of the whole staff, including Larry, who made a few phone calls in the weeks leading up to ensure that everything would go according to plan. They were extremely accommodating and set up special speakers after I decided that I wanted our first dance in a different location. All of the music that we requested was played at the right time and Jesse even helped with our slideshow so that we could enjoy the presentation along with our guests. Larry genuinely wanted our day to go smoothly, so he sent an extra assistant and this was a very pleasant surprise. Overall, a perfect combination of music and a stress-free experience. DJ Cooper kept everything on schedule and was the epitome of a professional. I've been to many weddings where the DJs talk way too much--this was absolutely not the case! We would recommend the Reno Tahoe DJ Company 100% and could not be happier with this choice for our wedding.

Sent on 09/02/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

What an amazing testimonial. Thank you, McKayla. I hope every wedding couple takes your words to heart because you touched upon many things that people don't often consider. Many people in my profession take small weddings for granted. I'm glad I didn't. This is why I brought the team of myself, Cooper and Jesse together to make it perfect. This is what every customer deserves. I hope you and Ryan enjoy a lifetime of happiness and thank you so much once again for the honor to serve you.

Gina · Married on 07/29/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ company provided the perfect compliment in wedding day pre ceremony, ceremony and reception music. Larry Williams was so helpful the through the entire process with song selection ideas and taking the pressure off of the bride. I spoke to him multiple times about the songs, he directed me to the long list of songs for different categories of dance on his website but also played music over the phone to help me select the perfect songs for my big day. He was very prompt in his responses to me every time I e-mailed him with any questions. My DJ on the wedding day was excellent as well. He checked with me regularly throughout the reception, he kept the guests dancing the whole evening. I had to extend the reception twice because people were dancing and having so much fun. This was exactly the experience I was hoping for! Thank you Larry and Cooper!

Sent on 10/01/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Gina, thank you so much for recognizing the benefits of what a team effort can bring to an event. Your event at Garwoods in North Lake Tahoe was as memorable for myself, DJ Cooper and his assistant Jesse - as it was for you and your guests. We were honored to have your trust and confidence and wish you and Don a wonderful life together.