The Reno Tahoe DJ Company Reviews

82 | Reno, NV

82 Reviews for The Reno Tahoe DJ Company

Gavin Knox · Married on 02/09/2020

Exceeded our expectations!

Larry is a true professional and carries with him a passion that is unparalleled. From the beginning of the planning process all the way to the day of our wedding, everything was compartmentalized, communication was spot on and he went above and beyond the call of duty to make our wedding day a day we'll never forget.

He offers something that we could not find with any other vendor. A personal touch. He made the time and wanted to get to know myself and my now wife. We had monthly meetings where we would brainstorm ideas, discuss any concerns and simply touch base with each other to make sure we're all still on track.

On our wedding day, it was a sigh of relief knowing that Larry took the wheel and made the day feel not only organized but organic. He brought the event together, removed any stress and anxiety and gave us truly the best day of our lives.

I cannot recommend Larry Williams enough! Never in my lifetime did I think I would get to interact with someone with so much love and passion for his craft.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Knittel · Married on 10/13/2019

Extremely Happy

My husband and I got married at Valhalla in South Lake Tahoe and we hired Reno Tahoe DJ company for our wedding. We were so happy with our DJ, Cooper. He was amazing at reading the crowd and picking out what to play. Larry was very friendly and easy to work with, he answered any questions we had along the way during our planning process. We highly recommend them! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Kyle

Kyle Mathews · Married on 09/21/2019

Larry is a PRO

Working with Larry made the MC/DJ aspect of our wedding painless. His professionalism and experience added so much to our wedding. Seriously our guest feedback was consistently about how good Larry was and how he made the wedding. Everyone was part of the event and the way he kept the event moving was exactly what we wanted and needed.

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Chanel

Chanel · Married on 09/15/2019

Awesomeness!!

Larry was awesome! He was our officiant AND DJ. The ceremony was great, it was short and sweet but had just enough of our story and words on marriage to keep our guests attention. His DJ skills were amazing, he listened to all our wants and requests for wedding songs that we wanted played. He even went out of his way to purchase songs from our list(which was pretty extensive) that he didnt have. He contacted us multiple times before our wedding so that he had every detail correct and to ensure he met every single expectation we had! Larry is awesome and we 100% recommend using him!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Sarah Geisler · Married on 09/14/2019

No stress whatsoever!

Larry was great to work with, definitely helped us when it came to the timing of each part of the wedding, which is where I had the most trouble figuring out. He gave us loads of advice and helped us pick the perfect music. Our DJ for the night of the wedding was Cooper and he was phenomenal. He was right there around the corner when I needed him. I am so grateful to them both and would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding DJ

Larry was absolutely incredible! He has amazing creative ideas that the guests loved. Everyone raved about him after our wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Amy Baltar · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding in June

Amazing work. Best DJ out there

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Allen · Married on 06/29/2019

Easy to communicate with and great song selection!

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company did such a great job with the music and for our wedding. Our DJ was Cooper and he was so nice and did a great job MCing the whole night. This company made picking our song selection easy and we were able to get a different version of a few songs that we really wanted no problem. Larry (the owner of the company) was easy to work with and available to communicate literally at any time which was great for our busy schedules. Overall a great experience and we would recommend this company for anyone!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • DeeDeeDugan

Denise Dugan · Married on 06/09/2019

Excellent Experience

Larry was great. Professional, timely, fun games, charming and our guests loved the interaction and environment Larry created. I couldn't ask for a better person for the job. Well worth the money and we gained a new friend in the process. Glad to have shared our special day with Larry. I would gladly use his services again in the future. Doug & Denise Larned.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Gidden · Married on 06/08/2019

Love and Passion for His Work

Lauren and I were extremely happy with the work of Larry and team. He is an artist who goes above and beyond. I believe what makes Larry so great is the love and passion he has for his work. We highly recommend Larry Williams for any event. His prices are reasonable and he will make your special occasion so that it can be relived in your memory for years to come.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Megan · Married on 05/24/2019

The best!!

Larry was everything we wanted in a DJ. I had interviewed a few DJs before finding him and nothing felt right, but we were ready to settle. Then a friend said she was having Larry DJ her wedding, and I called him the next day. He is the nicest guy and makes you feel so comfortable. I really didn’t even know all of the questions I should ask him, but he brought forward so much information, and that I knew he was the one! He answered emails and calls promptly and seriously made us feel less stressed about everything. I told him from the start that my wedding guests weren’t big dancers, and he said that was no problem! He made the party so much fun just using simple little tricks, like having guests take selfies and race to send them to him in order to get to the buffet line faster. I would recommend Larry over and over again!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful Wedding DJ

The first thing that stands out about Reno Tahoe DJ Company is the dedication to thoroughness that goes into planning music for weddings. Prior to speaking to Larry Williams, my husband and I looked at a series of online forms that allowed us to select songs and genres. When speaking with Larry on the phone and in person, he communicates professionally while also allowing the process to be relaxed and fun. He was timely day of, and did a fantastic job making announcements and balancing the progression of our ceremony and reception. Not only did he play all of the requested favorites, but he was full of energy and motivated everyone to stay on the dance floor. For all these reasons in addition to Larry’s years of experience, I can’t recommend Reno Tahoe DJ Company enough.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Brian · Married on 05/04/2019

Top Quality DJ

It's amazing how much a DJ becomes part of your day. It's so important to pick the right one as they set the mood, flow, and are the voice of the wedding. We could not have been happier with Larry at our wedding! He, without a doubt, knows his stuff! His pre-wedding meeting with us made us so comfortable with him and his plan. He promised he wouldn't surprise us with anything we didn't want and walked through every crowd interaction activity with us in advance. It was so reassuring to know that we had complete control over how our evening would flow and that he truly cared about customizing everything EXACTLY as we wanted. He got all of the songs we requested, mixed in genres based on our interests, and helped with music suggestions when we weren't sure. He added so many special moments and memories to our day and made us feel like true stars of the show. We would recommend him without any hesitation! HE IS AWESOME!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Evan & Allyson Goodman · Married on 04/18/2019

Super professional and organized

Larry was so professional and organized. He made our wedding day run so smoothly, from the isle to the dance floor !! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Jesse Brown · Married on 10/07/2018

Fantastic Experience!

Larry was tremendous, from planning to coordination to execution. He was top notch in every respect, and put on one heck of a party. Will definitely be looking for any reason to work with him again!

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Jesse, I had always enjoyed working with you when you were the Banquet Captain at the Chateau at Incline. To have you choose me over all the DJ's you have seen, was a great honor. I wish you and MIchela a lifetime of happiness.
  • Jordyn

Jordyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Cooper from Reno Tahoe DJ Company was amazing! He really played music everyone loved and kept everyone dancing.

Sent on 10/12/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Jordyn. Cooper and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and Alex on your wedding program.

Richard Viloria · Married on 09/22/2018

Awesome experience!

Best DJ ever. Thank you, Larry

Sent on 12/23/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Richard. Your wedding at the Chateau in Incline was beautiful. My continued best to you and Sabrina. It was an honor to serve you.

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2018

Best. DJ. Ever.

Our guests LOVED Reno DJ Company. Some even asking if our DJ could travel to different states! So professional. Would definitely recommend to everyone we know.

Sent on 12/20/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jessica. Yes, as a matter of fact, we travel ALL across the country. I wish you and Connor the very best.
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 08/18/2018

Everyone Loves Larry!

We can't speak highly enough about our experience with Larry at the Reno Tahoe DJ Company! We planned a very quick wedding with a short engagement, and on a popular date... so when I started getting the response from most DJs that they were booked, I was worried we would be left with the worst options. Larry quickly shattered any concerns I had. Larry was lightning fast with his responses to my emails and was flexible when we changed our opinions on music selections. He helped us to honor both of our parents' 40th wedding anniversaries in the reception by playing their respective songs. He worked well with us despite the fact that we were indecisive on certain music choices, and steadfast on others. My husband is a big fan of hard rock and hates the YMCA type interactive songs... add that to a noon wedding where I was worried no one would dance, and I was VERY concerned about there being something for everyone. Larry did not let us down. He suggested amazing music for our reception and cocktail hour. And he was able to find the odd requests we had for our special music--I wanted to walk down the aisle to a piano rendition of Metallica-- Larry found it no problem and worked with me to make it a very special bridal processional. At the reception, Larry had an amazing presence when he needed to, yet was reserved and not overwhelming. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it... and he was so great about making special announcements we requested. We were so lucky to find Larry and we can't recommend him enough! Pay the extra money for his expertise and service. It will be the easiest part of your wedding planning!

Sent on 11/19/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Larry loves Raechel & Ty!
    I am so glad you both found me. I'll never forget you walking down the stairs of the Edgewood South Room to your beachfront wedding. Wow! That was a real breathtaking moment. I really enjoyed working with you both. Your family was awesome and I will always remember your wedding. I wish you nothing but the very best that life has to offer.

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was very helpful throughout the planning of both our ceremony and reception. Music was spot on and had people dancing all night. It was an amazing night thanks to the help of Larry! Thank you very much Larry, you’re the best!!!
    Mr. and Mrs. Maaka

Sent on 04/30/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Tiffany. You and Tevita were awesome. Your wedding was so much fun, especially with the island theme. Your daughter and her hula dancer friends were a huge highlight and really kicked off the party perfectly. Thank you again for your kind words.

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Larry was great through the whole process of officiating and DJing our wedding this April. He essentially led the entire wedding. He gave me, the bride, extreme peace of mind knowing there was someone keeping the whole party going. His music choices were great and his officiating got us through the tears! He even made the ceremony music changes seamlessly with a remote while officiating!

I would recommend Larry to anyone in the Tahoe/Reno area.

Sent on 05/05/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Kayla. You and Jairus were awesome to work with. I am so happy you enjoyed all aspects of my DJing and Officiating. As you know, I'm passionate about what I do and I'm thrilled you loved it.

Carly · Married on 04/27/2018

Larry was awesome!!! (to put it lightly)! I would highly recommend him and his company. He was so thorough and professional from the very beginning. Such a pleasure to work and communicate with. He was so helpful in putting together every little detail and was so involved in helping in anyway he could, very sweet. The forms he sends for you to fill out are very useful and really let you personalize how you want every aspect and phase of your wedding to go. I wanted a specific kind of song to walk down the aisle to that made both myself and groom happy and was having a hard time finding the perfect fit. Larry made a suggestion and it was THE song! He definitely knows what he is doing and is very trained and seasoned. The wedding went perfect and was FLAWLESS. I couldn't have dreamed of a better DJ/announcer for my big day. My guests mentioned several time's how professional the DJ was, and how awesome his speaking voice and presence was. It went so smoothly, and Larry was so accommodating in staying an extra half hour for our reception. Everything was really a dream come true. You will NOT be disappointed in Larry and his services!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Wow! Thank you, Carly. That was so sweet of you. Your Spring wedding at Tannenbaum was picture perfect and your family was so awesome to be around. I wish you and Rich a lifetime of happiness. It was an honor to serve you.

Devin · Married on 04/14/2018

Larry was very invested in making sure the entertainment of our wedding was exactly as we wanted.

He was the DJ and the Officiant. That went great, completely seamless.

Great work Larry!

Sent on 05/01/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Devin. Did you notice that the Gold Hill Hotel in Virginia City now uses a ceremony photo of you and your beautiful bride Kelly in their advertising? Who can blame them . . . you two are the most beautiful couple.

Samantha · Married on 01/06/2018

There are absolutely no words to describe how incredible Larry Williams was! He made our day the most memorable, fun loving, and amazing time! We partied it up with our loved ones and celebrated our marriage. He was so kind, helpful and wonderful throughout our wedding planning journey and was patient with us. As everyone is still saying we had the wedding of the year, we truly owe it to this man for making that happen!

Sent on 03/04/2018

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you, Samantha. Your wedding at The Grove was the perfect way to start the New Year. You and Nolan are an amazing couple and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

laurel · Married on 10/21/2017

As the mother-of-the-bride, there were quite a few things to worry about but RT DJ was NOT one of them! Larry was great! The wedding was out of Eureka (NV) he was so good to work with , had no problem coming a long ways, it was so easy to work with this company. He had people on the dance floor all night and even went an extra 2 hours because everybody wanted to keep dancing! He played the music we asked for and kept the program going with ease. Anyone looking for a professional, easy to work with person to keep your reception flowing should use this company!

Sent on 11/07/2017

The Reno Tahoe DJ Company's reply:

Thank you for the nice words, Laurel. I am blessed to work with a lot of moms, but I have never seen a mom take on so much responsibility as you. To plan a wedding like your daughters with 550 people in a barn in the middle of eastern Nevada was truly a herculean effort. You should be a professional wedding planner. The table and room decor, food and ambiance that you created was amazing! You truly get "Mother of the Year!" It was an honor to serve you! Thanks again!