37 Reviews for The Redmoor

Lighting/Sound (8)
Event Planning (7)
Outside Cake (2)
37 The Redmoor Reviews

We LOVED everything about having our wedding reception at the Redmoor. Mandie was so helpful through out the entire process and she was so organized and made this part of the planning so easy for us. They provided everything from table linens to food...which was delicious. We got so many compliments about how unique and nice of a venue it was. We are so glad we chose the Redmoor! Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kara, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

The Redmoor is PHENOMENAL! Brian and his staff go above and beyond to meet your every need to make sure you have a spectacular night. I got married on 6-2-17 and they made sure everything was perfect. They even added in some extra lights that they knew we really wanted but couldn't afford. All of our guests remarked on the beautiful, unique venue and the delicious food! I loved having our names posted on the sign outside and taking pictures underneath. The Redmoor is worth every penny! Brian even helped out with coordinating everything so the entire night went smoothly. They also reply quickly and work with you throughout the entire time leading up to your wedding. They exceeding our every expectation. My bridesmaids and I were also able to use the room upstairs to get ready. We absolutely loved having our wedding at The Redmoor!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding here on April 7, 2017. I cannot say enough about this venue. Brian was amazing to work with from day one. This venue was the third venue we looked at on our first day looking after we got engaged. From the moment we walked into the Redmoor we felt so at ease with everything. Wedding planning is a stressful time and there is something about Brian that put us at ease. He had an answer to every single question we had. He worked with us to create a custom menu for our guests and the food was absolutely amazing! You will not be disappointed. Brian communicated with us the entire 14 months leading up to our wedding. We were able to visit the venue as many times as we wanted. He did not miss a single detail. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating as well. As soon as I walked in after pictures, the bridal party went upstairs to wait until time for the ceremony to start. Someone from the staff was upstairs right away asking if we needed anything and wanted drinks. We were able to drop off our decorations the Monday before the wedding and Brian made notes about how we wanted everything set up. We didn't have to worry about a single thing that day. The staff put everything out for us. Brian stays with you the entire day and makes sure things go smoothly and start on time. He even made sure the train on my dress was straight before I walked down the aisle. My wedding was over a month ago and people are still making comments about how amazing our venue was. My grandmother is on oxygen and a staff member got her a plate at dinner time so she wouldn't have to worry about it. I had the most perfect day thanks to The Redmoor and Brian. Book this venue! I promise you will NOT regret it!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Lighting/Sound, Linens

The Redmoor was the perfect location. The fact that it used to be an old movie theater fit us as a couple, as well as the Art Deco style. We couldn't wait to have our name on the marquee. Throughout the entire process, Mandie kept proving we picked the right place. It was wonderful to be able to do the ceremony and reception together. The food was amazing. It made it hard to decide after our taste test. We loved that they had a valet option. Mandie worked with us the entire time, even until the very end of the reception. Communication was great and the fact that they set up the room for you is amazing. I could go on forever. We are so thankful and pleased. We could recommend it to everyone!

Profile Picture Susan, 4/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

We loved our wedding at the Redmoor! Brian is so easy to work with. He has a lot of experience with weddings, so he is able to give you good advice when you are making decisions. The food was good. In fact, we liked the food better the night of the wedding than we did during our tasting! We had our ceremony and reception both at the Redmoor, and we wouldn't have changed a thing! Everything ran so smoothly. Brian works well with your other vendors such as DJ, flowers, and photographer to make sure that everyone is on the same page. The staff was very accommodating and made sure our guests had everything they needed all night long. Another amazing thing that they do at the Redmoor is that they will set up EVERYTHING. All you have to do is drop off boxes of decorations and explain to him how you want everything (or take pictures to send him), and he and his staff put all of the decorations out! That way you get to enjoy your weekend completely carefree knowing that the venue is going to be beautiful and taken care of by the time you get there. Our favorite thing about the Redmoor is the fact that it is the type of venue that people will have FUN at! Our guests hung out at the bar and dance floor all night, and we have had tons of friends and family tell us it was one of the funnest weddings they've been to. The theater type of venue really sets the mood for people to have a good time. Brian was also very flexible and easy to communicate with. I wanted to come up one day in October when I was off work and try out my decorations to make sure everything was coming together the way I wanted. He had no problem meeting with me, helping me put the decorations out, giving me some tips, and then helping me pack it back up and load it into the car. It was so nice to be able to get into the venue and do a trial run with the decorations and get the peace of mind that everything was coming together. Thank you Brian and Mandie for everything you did to make our day so special!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/12/16, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Cake, Indoor, Lighting/Sound, Linens

Mandie and the staff at The Redmoor are simply amazing! Mandie was a great help in planning both the ceremony and reception for my husband and I. She was prompt to return phone calls and emails, offered help and suggestions as to what works within the space and made sure our wedding was just what we wanted. The art deco building is great for photographs and the fact that the reception and ceremony were in one space made things relaxed and not stressful at all! The food was great, the staff was great and words just cant describe how awesome Mandie is. This is definitely a great place to check out!

Profile Picture Scott, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Linens

Great Venue. Ever better Service. Brian makes the whole process so much easier. Always available for questions and quick reply. Great food and overall value

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/16, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

A five-star rating does not truly explain how happy we were with our decision to have our wedding ceremony and reception at The Redmoor. Mandie and Brian epitomize professionalism and are so helpful, that we didn't have a need for a wedding planner or day of coordinator. Planning a wedding from out of town (SC) was tricky but Mandie was so thorough and quick to answer questions and give suggestions/feedback. They both have a sense of calm to them that instantly puts you at ease and have no problem trusting them with your big day. Mandie saw my vision and when I walked into the venue that before the ceremony, I was brought to tears at how perfectly executed everything was. Mandie and Brian were so attentive to my needs as well as my fiance's, our families, bridal party, and guests. Our guests raved about the unique atmosphere and quality of service. And the food! It is amazing. One of our focal points when booking a venue was making sure the food would be hot, delicious and not run out. The Redmoor makes everything in house, from scratch and it does not disappoint. Many of our guests walked away saying that they want their daughters to use The Redmoor someday. I cannot thank Mandie and Brian enough for all they did to make our day absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

After touring wedding venues all day, the owner Brian's warm attitude and professionalism was a breath of fresh air. Immediately my fiance and I felt like we were comfortable and that we would be taken care of while planning our big day. We are sure the day will go off without a hitch - I will update following our wedding!

Profile Picture Kourtney, 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mandie at The Redmoor was our coordinator and constant go-to person. After just a few conversations we knew that we could trust her to handle all the behind the scenes details and ensure everything would be managed seamlessly. She gave us great suggestions and worked with our ideas to create the perfect wedding reception! We had a ton of guests approach us during the reception to positively comment on the venue, food, and staff. I would highly recommend The Redmoor for your special day!

Profile Picture Cathie, 10/30/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Indoor

Brian and the staff at the Redmoor were amazing! We did not have a wedding planner and Brian was always available and easy to reach to give his experienced opinion on everything such as decorations, vendors, and timeline. He was even happy to accommodate a special beer request for the wedding which was very appreciated. The night of the event his staff took care of everything. They were very attentive to all of the guests and made the night all the more enjoyable.

The venue was great as well! All of our guests loved the charming atmosphere and décor. From all of our searching for reception halls we didn’t find another one that was as charming or well laid out in Cincinnati.

The food also well exceeded our expectations. We received many compliments on the passed appetizers as well as the entrees. Once again the staff did an amazing job not only preparing the food but serving the appetizers and making sure the food on the buffet was fresh!

We certainly can’t imagine having our wedding at any other place! We fully recommend the Redmoor to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Debby, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Linens

I could gush about Mandie Merritt and the Redmoor crew all day long. Words cannot describe how incredible the entire process was to make our wedding day happen. Mandie is worth her weight in gold! I think my favorite aspect of the Redmoor is that we held our ceremony and reception there while also being our caterer and photography backdrop AND had our rehearsal dinner all for one price. There were no hidden expenses. We held our rehearsal at the Redmoor and Mandie was there to help us wrangle all of our guests. She let me, my bridesmaids, and my mother come the day before the wedding to set up our flowers and decorations. She added alcohol we wanted to our package, let us use her vases for flowers and votive candles, and brought me hot tea to help my sore throat for no extra charge. I felt completely taken care and I was so calm the whole day because I knew she would make everything run smoothly. The audio tech ran our music from an IPhone all night. The servers made sure I had water and tissues without even having to ask. The food was incredible and even hot! Mandie always answered emails quickly and met with me whenever I wanted to. She is flexible with her schedule and makes whatever needs to happen happen. My husband and I so happy with our wedding day and we feel it was worth every penny we spent!

Profile Picture User5349260, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough about Mandie and her staff at the Redmoor. She didn't miss a beat at my reception. I had a few out of the box ideas and she didn't have any trouble accommodating all of my requests. She made food that wasn't listed on the menu and set up everything exactly how I requested. There was a room upstairs where I was able to gather with my new husband and wedding party and her staff served us immediately upon arriving. The food was delicious and my guests raved about the venue. I couldn't ask for anything better. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture maria, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my October 2014 wedding at the Redmoor and am so happy I did! There are so many reasons why I loved it.

1. The space is beautiful and so unique. No matter where you are inside the Redmoor, you can see anything and everything going on! We didn't have to worry about guests feeling excluded and not being able to see/hear dances, cake cutting, speeches, etc. It was so great for us to be able to see everyone as well! The dance floor is huge which we loved, and the bar is so unique!
2. The food and beer choices. The food was so delicious and we had so many people compliment the food. One of the key selling points for me on the Redmoor was their wide variety of beer choices! We had 13 bottled beer choices, and 8 beers on draft (including Rhinegeist, Great Lakes, Bells, Founder's, Guinness, etc.). I love craft beers and this definitely set the Redmoor apart from every other reception place I viewed that offered just a few standard beer flavors.
3. Working with Mandie. She was phenominal to work with made the entire process very easy and stress free. It felt like I was working with a friend who had my best interest in mind at all times. I can't say enough wonderful things about Mandie and the rest of the staff at the Redmoor.

Overall, the Redmoor is incredible. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for us, not only on the wedding day, but for the year of planning leading up to it.

Profile Picture User4775570, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Redmoor was the perfect venue for our reception. The moment we entered, we knew it was it. It so beautiful. But what was even better, was the staff. Mandie was perfect, very professional and reliable and just made the whole reception run smoothly and was great.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our reception at the Redmoor back in August. Brian worked with us throughout the process and was there the day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. I loved the fact that they handles all the set up the day of the wedding and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The place looked beautiful and everything was where we had planned it to be. The food and bar were excellent and accommodating. Our wedding guests still comment on how fun and interesting The Redmoor was for our wedding. You're definitely in good hands if you go with The Redmoor.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Redmoor last weekend and it was the best night ever! Mandie is a saint! She made sure everything was perfect on the night we had been looking forward to for what seemed like forever. She made sure every part of the night followed our timeline and checked in with us periodically to make sure we were 100% satisfied (we were!) She also did a great job of keeping in touch with the DJ and her staff to make sure everyone was on the same page. The staff at the Redmoor was also tremendous. The bartenders and servers helped our guests enjoy themselves and kept a smile on their faces while doing so, they were great! And so many guests raved to us about the food that was served at our wedding. Scott and his kitchen staff made a fantastic meal that was talked about all night. I am still getting phone calls about how fun our wedding was, and it is all thanks to Mandie and the Redmoor staff. I would recommend this venue to every bride and groom to be!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Still reeling from our fabulous wedding at The Redmoor March 22, 2014. Mandie and her staff at The Redmoor were OVER THE TOP amazing. It was the perfect venue for us. It had such a fun ambiance, intimate, yet roomy. Perfect for our unusual, seated yet mingling highly encouraged kind of night. Our guests raved over the food and everything worked like clockwork. The chef even made a special trip to to make sure our gluten free family members were taken care of.

However, the star of the show is Mandie Merritt. Since our first meeting with her, we knew she would make this out of town wedding (we are from Chicago) so much easier for us to plan. She was so unbelievably accommodating for us and our other vendors. The day of the wedding she was taking care of everything or making sure her staff was. She was always there when I needed her asking "What can I do for you?". She even helped us deal with shipping our huge Chuppah via FedEx on Monday after we had left for Chicago already. We have heard nothing but kudos from all of our vendors on how much they enjoyed working with Mandie.

We will never forget what a wonderful experience we had at The Redmoor. We could not have picked a better spot and better people to work with. Compliments to the chef, and the rest of the outstanding staff that helped make the place beautiful and took care of Jay and I all night.

Profile Picture jill, 3/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Redmoor, and it was absolutely perfect. The style of the building is so unique and warm, and even though there is a lot of space, it feels very intimate. Everything is clean and beautiful. We worked with Mandie, and she was outstanding. She understood our vision and went above and beyond to make it a reality. I seriously had nothing to do with setup and I am pretty particular, and it was perfect. She even used our extra lanterns to create an even more beautiful area. She coordinated everything and kept up with the details so we didn't have to. Also, she and Chef Scott worked with our unusual dinner requests. The ingredients of what we wanted were on the menu, but the specific dishes were not, and they worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted and everything looked and tasted amazing. There was more than enough for everyone to eat as much as they wanted. All of the servers were polite and attentive. Also, they were able to accommodate our very small guest list (33) and everything was better than reasonably priced. I cannot recommend the Redmoor enough.

Profile Picture Alexandria, 9/29/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Both mandie and Bryan helped me for our big day and both were great. The redmoor is such a unique venue and we were very happy we chose this place. Food is excellent, decor -not needed as Redmoor is the decor, dance floor is big enough for all,and marquee out front BONUS! I also have to mention there are very reasonable rates, as we did a Friday wedding. I would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Redmoor did an amazing job! They set up the room perfectly and their servers went above and beyond. We got there and our party bus was greeted by the staff. They took in purses and bags and made sure to put them at the bridal table. Even better, they got everyone's drink order and made sure it was waiting for them after their entrance. The bar ran smoothly, they had plenty of bartenders for our large crowd. There was hardly a line for drinks. Mandie was our contact person, she was fabulous. Patient, knowledgable, so helpful, and accommodating are all words I'd use to describe her. She made us stress-free and worry-free on our big day. We've received many compliments about the food and our location. All of our guests loved the experience. Thank you so much for a wonderful special night! We love the Redmoor.

Profile Picture Allie, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Redmoor was the perfect reception venue for our wedding! The minute we walked in we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there. From day one, Mandie was so helpful and was so quick to answer any questions. She made everything so much easier on us in preparation for the wedding. I knew the reception was going to be amazing! Mandie set up everything for us...from linens to centerpieces to the small details like our slideshow, etc. When we walked into the reception we were blown away!!! Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted, it was what we had envisioned. Now...the food, WOW! So good!! Everyone was so happy with the food...they kept telling us "this is the best wedding reception we have been to!" The bar service was awesome too...all the servers and staff kept all of our guests drinks full the whole night! I can't thank Mandie enough for making our wedding day perfect! :)

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. Everyone loved the Redmoor and said the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding! The service was excellent. My husband and I had two people assigned to just us to get our drinks and anything else we needed. Brian was great to work with and very organized. Not to mention it was a great price considering the amazing food, venue, and service. Overall, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Redmoor provided a unique experience for our guests at my daughter's wedding reception. This venue fit perfectly for the couple, as they are both in the field of historic preservation and architecture. Brian did a great job in taking care of all the details that allowed our reception to flow smoothly without any concerns. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Brian was helpful in providing just the right amount of communication to assure that we were informed, and for our event to proceed smoothly. My daughter and her husband chose to have a garden wedding in the Spring; so I was reassured to know that The Redmoor was willing to host our wedding ceremony in case of rain. As the time of the wedding approached, mother nature blessed us with a rain that looked as if it planned to stay. As I watched out the window to the clouds settling in, my daughter held firm on her plan to marry in the garden. I felt reassured knowing that The Redmoor was prepared if needed. Thankfully, the clouds parted for the sun to shine down providing blessings on our beautiful garden wedding. Thank you Brian and all the wonderful people at The Redmoor for providing such a memorable celebration for my daughter and 'new' son's wedding!

Profile Picture Teri, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception at the Redmoor. While we are from Colorado, our families are both local to the Cincinnati/Dayton area. We wanted to have the wedding and reception in one place and the Redmoor was perfect for that.

We worked with both Bryan and Mandie during the planning phase of our wedding. Though there were a couple of detail mixups, none of them were major or affected the wedding or reception. Both Bryan and Mandie were friendly and professional throughout the whole process and always responded promptly to emails and phone calls.

Our guests have regaled us with compliments on the wedding and reception, some saying it was a "party of a lifetime." They have complimented the venue, the bar, the staff, and the food. The food was one of the main selling points for us. We are both foodies, but didn't want to spend the whole budget on a gourmet sit-down meal. We didn't need to! The majority of our 175 guests ordered the steak. I have no idea how they did it, but the Redmoor provided all of the steaks perfectly cooked at medium to the entire crowd. It made us proud that our guests were so well fed. I had requested that bacon be served as an appetizer, just set out on the bar for everyone to grab while they had a drink. While I was the first person to request this and it wasn't on the app menu, Mandie made it happen. Our guests were very surprised and happy to gobble it up.

One caveat: I would recommend you go with one of the photographers that they list on their website. If you decide not to, please make sure to make sure your photographer works well with NO natural lighting. Do NOT use Amber Bridges Studios.

We would definitely recommend the Redmoor to anyone who is looking to have an elegant, sophisticated, and delicious wedding. The packages they offer are really great values for the quality of food, service, and bartending you receive. It helped us stay within our budget, but also have the level of wedding we wanted.

Profile Picture Annie, 5/4/13, 3 Reviews