The Rapids Theatre Reviews

The Rapids Theatre 5
The Rapids Theatre 6
The Rapids Theatre 7

Brianna · Married on 08/25/2018

Lindsay and the Rapids staff was AMAZING!!! our wedding day was this Saturday 8.25.18. The venue was clean, set up EXACTLY how we wanted it. We had the best experience and would definitely do it all over again!

The Rapids Theatre 8
  • Tawny

Tawny · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I, had the pleasure of working with Rapids Theatre for our wedding day, on 8/4/18. From the moment I walked into Rapids Theatre, I knew this was going to be like no wedding I or any of our guests have ever been to. Lindsay was helpful, professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our catering and planning was done through Rich's Catering, where Lindsay and Maureen work closely together, making sure that your day is perfect. When Rapids isn't hosting weddings, they are hosting concerts, which gave us the perfect opportunity to have live music. Our friends and family are all still raving about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and how amazing and kind all of the staff was . If you want something that is different than your typical wedding, something that your friends and family are not going to stop talking about, I give my full recommendation to Lindsay and Rapids Theatre. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and commitment to your customers, I could not have imagined a more perfect day.

• amandaaok

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

Lindsay and the rest of the staff at Rich's were unbelievable. Absolutely everyone in attendance RAVED about how wonderful the venue was and how amazing the staff was!! We could not have asked for anything more and I flat out told them that the cost could easily be doubled or tripled for the service they provide - we never could have gotten their venue, let alone all the extras (in sound, lighting, screen usage) that they provide for such a low cost here in CA, it would have been WAY out of budget for us!

Danielle · Married on 06/17/2018

I never dreamt of what my wedding would be like, but as soon as we toured, we knew the Rapids Theatre was the perfect venue!! Lindsay and her whole team were amazing from beginning to end with planning all the details to keeping the flow the day of. We felt completely at ease and remained stress free at our wedding! Such a blessing!! I would highly recommend this venue to all future brides!

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/03/2018

Best venue ever! My husband and I were looking for something different, a location and venue that we knew none of our guests had been to for a wedding, and this was it! I was skeptical at first, but when we met Marie and toured the venue, which was set up for a wedding that day, I was blown away. They know how to fill the space and make a large group seem small and vise versa. We had just over 100 guests, and it didn't feel too big or crowded. The staff was great. We worked mostly with Lindsay, who helped us set up our bar menu to meet our needs. Neither of us are beer drinkers, so we worked with Lindsay to add a few favorites to the line up. If you are looking for a unique indoor wedding, this is it! Any time of year will work. Plus, you get the benefit of having a few excellent photo locations close by (we went to Devil's Hole which was a 5 minute drive away). As someone who originally wanted everything to be outdoors, I wouldn't change my decision for anything. It was definitely the best day ever!

Sabrina · Married on 01/21/2018

I had an amazing wedding at the Rapids. They were so helpful in planning my wedding and made everything so easy. Day of the wedding was magical and the venue was so beautiful.

The Rapids Theatre 9
    The Rapids Theatre 10
    The Rapids Theatre 11
    The Rapids Theatre 12

Karen · Married on 11/18/2017

Rapids theatre was absolutely amazing!! Every part of my day was perfect! Marie was great! Her staff was right on! I truly had my dream wedding!!

The Rapids Theatre 13
    The Rapids Theatre 14
    The Rapids Theatre 15

kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

What a wonderful experience I had at the rapids! working with Marie was beyond amazing! They were very speedy on their response and very personable! I would recommend them to anyone!

Breanna · Married on 10/21/2017

I would recommend The Rapids Theatre to anyone looking for a venue for their big day! Our wedding was beyond perfect and we have nothing but great things to say about Marie and her team. They were quick to respond, organized, professional, and most of all they actually cared about making your wedding day the best it could be!

Marissa · Married on 10/06/2017

I recently had my wedding at Rapids Theatre and it was absolutely amazing!! Marie was wonderful to work with and very accommodating! I would highly recommend a Rapids wedding!! I am still getting texts about how amazing our wedding was! Truly beautiful!

The Rapids Theatre 16

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

The Rapids Theatre was nothing less than we had dreamed of for our big day! Lindsay our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing and helped us every step of the way with any questions we had. We love her!! The theatre was absolutely breathtaking as I made my way down the aisle towards my now husband to say "I do." Seeing all the beautiful lights glisten off of our centerpieces was absolutely beautiful. It's amazing that there can be a sold out concert the day before and the theatre is in tip top shape the next day for one of the biggest days of your life! If you are looking for a beautiful, classic venue for your big day, we absolutely recommend The Rapids Theatre!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at Rapids Theatre on 9/9/17. It was the most amazing experience I've ever had! Working was Marie was such a pleasant experience. Marie and her staff made sure everything was taken care of for our day and planning was such a breeze. I would recommend Rapids to anyone looking to have a unique wedding experience. You will not be disappointed!

Adam · Married on 08/26/2017

Just working with Lindsay, the even coordinate, makes you want to book this place. It's really not too much to look at from the outside but the inside is incredible. They're VERY accommodating and will work with you to make your wedding whatever you want it to be. I myself didn't even want to go look at the place but I was sold and didn't have to look at any other options. This is a place that you have to at least consider!! Five-star deserving!

Allison · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I got married at Rapids Theatre on 7-7-17. I cannot say enough about how incredible the venue was! Our guests were absolutely blown away and have not stopped talking about it how impressed they were! The venue looks vastly different than it does for concerts....much, much shinier and cleaner! And the lighting! Even the pictures don't do it justice. Absolutely breathtaking! The staff was so attentive, especially to the bridal party. They made sure that we were on schedule and always had everything that we needed to make the night run smoothly. Lindsey was SO helpful in the planning stage. She was always available for questions and gave us great advice. I am SO thankful that we decided to have our wedding at Rapids. Truly the best day of our lives!

Cara · Married on 06/03/2017

Hands down best decision my husband and I made having our wedding at The Rapids Theater! Marie was so helpful and always available if we had any questions. The place is absolutely gorgeous and such a unique venue. I had guests telling us it was the best wedding they've been to! Our day was perfect and the staff made us feel like VIP clients from the very beginning! We had a live band and the sound and lighting was amazing! I highly recommend this venue as it is unlike any other and you will feel so comfortable and in great hands with Marie and her staff. Thank you Rapids!!

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding reception at The Rapids Theatre was phenomenal! We chose the Rapids Theatre because of the great people working here and because of the beauty of the venue. Marie and her team were so helpful, communicative and caring during the planning process (we are from out of state) and worked hard to ensure everything ran smoothly on the big day! They are ultimate professionals at what they do! The venue itself is so gorgeous and stands on its own--any decorations you add for your wedding are just the icing on the cake. I loved that the venue was very open and had easy access for all my guests to the bar and dance floor. Having a state of the art sound system available for our DJ and professional lighting on the dance floor were added bonuses and made the night even more fun! Our guests had an amazing time, and so did we! Recommend this venue 100% to future brides and grooms, and a big thank you to The Rapids Theatre staff for making this such a wonderful night for us and our guests!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/08/2017

I am not even sure where to begin. Rapids Theatre was the most perfect venue for my wedding day on April 8th. Lindsay was amazing to work with, and I am going to miss working with her now that my wedding day is over. She responded to my questions in a timely manner and made sure that we had everything that we needed.

The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL. My guests could not get over how amazing everything was and many were asking me where I found this beautiful venue. Rapids and Lindsay are very accommodating and work with you to make sure that you have everything that you want to make your special day AMAZING. I highly recommend Rapids Theatre; it is so unique and beautiful. The lighting, sound system and staff are phenomenal along with many other reviews on here about the ceiling- it is breathtaking! Who else can say that they got married on a stage?!?

My husband and I have no complaints whatsoever- we had an amazing time and we cannot thank Rapids Theatre and Lindsay (along with amazing food by Richs) for making our special day so perfect.

If you are getting married in the future please take some time to see Rapids Theatre- it is perfect for your special day!

Kristina · Married on 09/24/2016

The Rapid's Theatre was the perfect venue for our special day. Our guests are still telling us, 4 months later, how gorgeous the venue was, raving about how delicious the food was, and what a great time they had. We highly recommend Rapid's to future brides and grooms who are looking for a unique venue. The state of the art lighting and sound system were phenomenal, and that ceiling! Beautiful beyond words! The staff was amazing, especially Lindsay! She ensured that our reception was perfect from start to finish.

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2016

The Rapids Theatre exceeded all of our expectations! It was truly magical from the beautiful lighting and welcoming space to our golden fireworks on stage at our kiss. Guests of every age continue to rave about the wedding and it's thanks to the wonderful staff. Whenever we had a question Lindsay responded right away and provided a degree of support and care I will be forever grateful for. Her genuine kindness is possibly exceeded only by her attentiveness and competence. This is a wonderful place and I'm so happy we trusted them with our wedding!

Mark · Married on 08/13/2016

I don't even know where to begin. As a male planning a wedding because my wife had no free time during the day, I was tasked with planning about 90% of the wedding. Needless to say.... I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. when you go to rapids for a tour of the venue, you might as well bring your deposit money with you. when you step foot in this place you will be completely astonished. we were greeted by Lindsay P. she gave us the full tour and sat with us and gave us drinks and snacks and was probably the nicest person we have ever met. she went over all the plans and options and prices with us so wonderfully it seemed like we had been family or friends for years. after you choose the rapids theatre for your venue, you have to go to richs catering in buffalo. we were greeted by Steven G. and were taken upstairs where he gave us a wonderful spread and champagne. just planning the wedding was amazing. we felt like a king and queen the entire time. we went with a plan that included the cake and we were able to design the cake completely. from taste to look. we had a batman themed cake. it was beautiful. we sat with Heather at dessert builders and she was so patient with us and made the best cake I have ever had in my life. As for the actual wedding... my wife had the whole upstairs to get ready where they sent drinks and snacks and had TV's and tons of fun just getting ready. the food was so exquisite that even three months after the wedding we still get compliments on our wedding. the venue is a dream come true. the people are amazing. Being able to get married on stage where so many music legends have performed is awesome and was a dream come true for my wife and I. both of our favorite bands have played at this venue and did I mention that during the wedding we had people personally serving us drinks? keeping us topped off on drinks...it was so professional and unreal. thank you to everyone at rapids theatre and rich's catering.

Mike · Married on 06/04/2016

For our wedding, my wife Rachelle and I looked at lots of places. All of the places that we looked at before Rapids sucked. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but they did and they should know it. We had 125 people coming to our wedding, most of which I cared about. We couldn't cram that many people into Klocks Grove apparently. Salvatore's wanted to move tables around between the dinner and the dancing. Somehow, Salvatore's thought it was going to work out that my big 300lb dad was going to fit between a table pushed up against a wall every time he wanted to get up and get a drink. Needless to say, those places were not going to work.
    It was then, that we stumbled upon Rapids. Rapids Theatre is a gigantic concert hall with a staff that is prepared to serve and deal with hundreds of drunk patrons so, my drunk family wouldn't be a problem for them.
    Right off the bat when Rachelle and I didn't know what we needed to do or when we needed to do it, Lindsay narrowed it down for us. She was able to tell us where to go for pictures, where to go for a DJ and what things we needed to have ready at what times. On top of all that, Rapids teams up with Rich Products to do your food. Lindsay called in Taylor, Steve and Heather to take care of all of the culinary needs. That is one less thing we needed to worry about.
    The day of, when the DJ ran late, Rapids was ready to go with music if needed. Lindsay was also on our side to call and yell at anybody we needed or wanted her to. I cut my hand on a beer bottle, BAM bar staff to the rescue with bandaids! I had a string on my suit, BAM Taylor to the rescue with scissors!
    Let's talk about what wasn't there. There were no bed bugs, there were no robberies and no weird homeless people in the bathrooms.
    The next day I had gotten phone calls and text messages from friends and family telling me that this wedding was the best they had ever been to. Mom was super happy that they let her out of the asylum for this one!

Kelsey · Married on 01/03/2016

This venue was everything I hoped it would be and more. Marie and her team helped with every single detail necessary for my big day and even had some surprises in store for my husband and I. I would recommend this venue to every single Buffalo bride looking for the perfect place to get married.

If I had to pick one thing that separates this venue from the rest, it's that it comes with a wonderful woman named Marie Hutchins! There was no such thing as a problem as far as we were concerned. If something went wrong, we never knew because the behind the scenes genius was there to fix it no matter what it was. I thought I was going to have to worry about everything. In the end, Marie did all the worrying for me. The venue was the best venue I've ever been to for a wedding. It's not even close. The staff, the food, the sound and lighting, the atmosphere, everything was perfect.

Rapids Theatre was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! Marie was very helpful and attentive throughout the process. The theatre is gorgeous and the ceiling is breathtaking! The pictures of our first dance with the ceiling are beautiful! If you are planning on having a live band for your wedding, this is definitely the place to go! With the sound, light, and video engineers, you are truly at a concert at your own wedding. Our day was perfect!