55 Reviews for The Rapids Theatre

Stations (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
54 The Rapids Theatre Reviews

Lindsay and the rest of the staff at Rich's were unbelievable. Absolutely everyone in attendance RAVED about how wonderful the venue was and how amazing the staff was!! We could not have asked for anything more and I flat out told them that the cost could easily be doubled or tripled for the service they provide - we never could have gotten their venue, let alone all the extras (in sound, lighting, screen usage) that they provide for such a low cost here in CA, it would have been WAY out of budget for us!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/23/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Best venue ever! My husband and I were looking for something different, a location and venue that we knew none of our guests had been to for a wedding, and this was it! I was skeptical at first, but when we met Marie and toured the venue, which was set up for a wedding that day, I was blown away. They know how to fill the space and make a large group seem small and vise versa. We had just over 100 guests, and it didn't feel too big or crowded. The staff was great. We worked mostly with Lindsay, who helped us set up our bar menu to meet our needs. Neither of us are beer drinkers, so we worked with Lindsay to add a few favorites to the line up. If you are looking for a unique indoor wedding, this is it! Any time of year will work. Plus, you get the benefit of having a few excellent photo locations close by (we went to Devil's Hole which was a 5 minute drive away). As someone who originally wanted everything to be outdoors, I wouldn't change my decision for anything. It was definitely the best day ever!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Glassware

I had an amazing wedding at the Rapids. They were so helpful in planning my wedding and made everything so easy. Day of the wedding was magical and the venue was so beautiful.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 1/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Indoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Rapids theatre was absolutely amazing!! Every part of my day was perfect! Marie was great! Her staff was right on! I truly had my dream wedding!!

Profile Picture Karen, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor

What a wonderful experience I had at the rapids! working with Marie was beyond amazing! They were very speedy on their response and very personable! I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture kaitlyn, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend The Rapids Theatre to anyone looking for a venue for their big day! Our wedding was beyond perfect and we have nothing but great things to say about Marie and her team. They were quick to respond, organized, professional, and most of all they actually cared about making your wedding day the best it could be!

Profile Picture Breanna, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding at Rapids Theatre and it was absolutely amazing!! Marie was wonderful to work with and very accommodating! I would highly recommend a Rapids wedding!! I am still getting texts about how amazing our wedding was! Truly beautiful!

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

The Rapids Theatre was nothing less than we had dreamed of for our big day! Lindsay our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing and helped us every step of the way with any questions we had. We love her!! The theatre was absolutely breathtaking as I made my way down the aisle towards my now husband to say "I do." Seeing all the beautiful lights glisten off of our centerpieces was absolutely beautiful. It's amazing that there can be a sold out concert the day before and the theatre is in tip top shape the next day for one of the biggest days of your life! If you are looking for a beautiful, classic venue for your big day, we absolutely recommend The Rapids Theatre!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Indoor

We had our ceremony and reception at Rapids Theatre on 9/9/17. It was the most amazing experience I've ever had! Working was Marie was such a pleasant experience. Marie and her staff made sure everything was taken care of for our day and planning was such a breeze. I would recommend Rapids to anyone looking to have a unique wedding experience. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Parking, Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting

Just working with Lindsay, the even coordinate, makes you want to book this place. It's really not too much to look at from the outside but the inside is incredible. They're VERY accommodating and will work with you to make your wedding whatever you want it to be. I myself didn't even want to go look at the place but I was sold and didn't have to look at any other options. This is a place that you have to at least consider!! Five-star deserving!

Profile Picture Adam, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really don't even know where to start with this place, it was so amazing!! First of all the venue looks amazing!! I fell in love with it once I saw it!! It has a magnificent ceiling piece, a nice theatre feel with amazing lighting options. Some of my review things may apply to both Rapids and the catering service they have there through Rich's because they worked seamlessly on a lot of things together to make our wedding day perfect. At Rapids you have someone there working with you to make your day the most perfect, and I had the amazing pleasure of working with Lindsay. I have to admit, the venue looked amazing, but Lindsay is probably 80-90% of why I chose this venue in the beginning. She was so accommodating, lovely, and dedicated...she is exactly what you would want a person to be who is going to be helping you through this process. Now when I say she goes above and beyond is an understatement. I mean she gives out her cell phone number so you can reach her whenever!! Besides Lindsay's amazingness, the venue also makes a lot of the reception details go by so smoothly. I dropped off everything at the Theatre at our final meeting a couple days before the wedding. I simply explained how I wanted all the decorations and other things set up, and they take care of the rest. Believe me when I say that they set up everything exactly how I wanted, and some even better than I expected!! The venue also has a livestreaming camera that shows your cake cutting, dances, and just everyone dancing on screens through the night. Lastly, you may be nervous that Rich's (their caterer) doesn't do food tastings, but let me just say you won't be disappointed! The venue was just perfect and I am still getting compliments about it, and imagine I will be for a long time to come. I highly highly recommend this venue to anyone that asks. The reception was so fantastic, and we have Rapids Theatre to thank for a big part of that!!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I got married at Rapids Theatre on 7-7-17. I cannot say enough about how incredible the venue was! Our guests were absolutely blown away and have not stopped talking about it how impressed they were! The venue looks vastly different than it does for concerts....much, much shinier and cleaner! And the lighting! Even the pictures don't do it justice. Absolutely breathtaking! The staff was so attentive, especially to the bridal party. They made sure that we were on schedule and always had everything that we needed to make the night run smoothly. Lindsey was SO helpful in the planning stage. She was always available for questions and gave us great advice. I am SO thankful that we decided to have our wedding at Rapids. Truly the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down best decision my husband and I made having our wedding at The Rapids Theater! Marie was so helpful and always available if we had any questions. The place is absolutely gorgeous and such a unique venue. I had guests telling us it was the best wedding they've been to! Our day was perfect and the staff made us feel like VIP clients from the very beginning! We had a live band and the sound and lighting was amazing! I highly recommend this venue as it is unlike any other and you will feel so comfortable and in great hands with Marie and her staff. Thank you Rapids!!

Profile Picture Cara, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding reception at The Rapids Theatre was phenomenal! We chose the Rapids Theatre because of the great people working here and because of the beauty of the venue. Marie and her team were so helpful, communicative and caring during the planning process (we are from out of state) and worked hard to ensure everything ran smoothly on the big day! They are ultimate professionals at what they do! The venue itself is so gorgeous and stands on its own--any decorations you add for your wedding are just the icing on the cake. I loved that the venue was very open and had easy access for all my guests to the bar and dance floor. Having a state of the art sound system available for our DJ and professional lighting on the dance floor were added bonuses and made the night even more fun! Our guests had an amazing time, and so did we! Recommend this venue 100% to future brides and grooms, and a big thank you to The Rapids Theatre staff for making this such a wonderful night for us and our guests!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware

I am not even sure where to begin. Rapids Theatre was the most perfect venue for my wedding day on April 8th. Lindsay was amazing to work with, and I am going to miss working with her now that my wedding day is over. She responded to my questions in a timely manner and made sure that we had everything that we needed.

The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL. My guests could not get over how amazing everything was and many were asking me where I found this beautiful venue. Rapids and Lindsay are very accommodating and work with you to make sure that you have everything that you want to make your special day AMAZING. I highly recommend Rapids Theatre; it is so unique and beautiful. The lighting, sound system and staff are phenomenal along with many other reviews on here about the ceiling- it is breathtaking! Who else can say that they got married on a stage?!?

My husband and I have no complaints whatsoever- we had an amazing time and we cannot thank Rapids Theatre and Lindsay (along with amazing food by Richs) for making our special day so perfect.

If you are getting married in the future please take some time to see Rapids Theatre- it is perfect for your special day!

Profile Picture Ashley , 4/8/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Indoor, Barware, Glassware, Linens

The Rapid's Theatre was the perfect venue for our special day. Our guests are still telling us, 4 months later, how gorgeous the venue was, raving about how delicious the food was, and what a great time they had. We highly recommend Rapid's to future brides and grooms who are looking for a unique venue. The state of the art lighting and sound system were phenomenal, and that ceiling! Beautiful beyond words! The staff was amazing, especially Lindsay! She ensured that our reception was perfect from start to finish.

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Rapids Theatre exceeded all of our expectations! It was truly magical from the beautiful lighting and welcoming space to our golden fireworks on stage at our kiss. Guests of every age continue to rave about the wedding and it's thanks to the wonderful staff. Whenever we had a question Lindsay responded right away and provided a degree of support and care I will be forever grateful for. Her genuine kindness is possibly exceeded only by her attentiveness and competence. This is a wonderful place and I'm so happy we trusted them with our wedding!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin. As a male planning a wedding because my wife had no free time during the day, I was tasked with planning about 90% of the wedding. Needless to say.... I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. when you go to rapids for a tour of the venue, you might as well bring your deposit money with you. when you step foot in this place you will be completely astonished. we were greeted by Lindsay P. she gave us the full tour and sat with us and gave us drinks and snacks and was probably the nicest person we have ever met. she went over all the plans and options and prices with us so wonderfully it seemed like we had been family or friends for years. after you choose the rapids theatre for your venue, you have to go to richs catering in buffalo. we were greeted by Steven G. and were taken upstairs where he gave us a wonderful spread and champagne. just planning the wedding was amazing. we felt like a king and queen the entire time. we went with a plan that included the cake and we were able to design the cake completely. from taste to look. we had a batman themed cake. it was beautiful. we sat with Heather at dessert builders and she was so patient with us and made the best cake I have ever had in my life. As for the actual wedding... my wife had the whole upstairs to get ready where they sent drinks and snacks and had TV's and tons of fun just getting ready. the food was so exquisite that even three months after the wedding we still get compliments on our wedding. the venue is a dream come true. the people are amazing. Being able to get married on stage where so many music legends have performed is awesome and was a dream come true for my wife and I. both of our favorite bands have played at this venue and did I mention that during the wedding we had people personally serving us drinks? keeping us topped off on drinks...it was so professional and unreal. thank you to everyone at rapids theatre and rich's catering.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

For our wedding, my wife Rachelle and I looked at lots of places. All of the places that we looked at before Rapids sucked. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but they did and they should know it. We had 125 people coming to our wedding, most of which I cared about. We couldn't cram that many people into Klocks Grove apparently. Salvatore's wanted to move tables around between the dinner and the dancing. Somehow, Salvatore's thought it was going to work out that my big 300lb dad was going to fit between a table pushed up against a wall every time he wanted to get up and get a drink. Needless to say, those places were not going to work.
It was then, that we stumbled upon Rapids. Rapids Theatre is a gigantic concert hall with a staff that is prepared to serve and deal with hundreds of drunk patrons so, my drunk family wouldn't be a problem for them.
Right off the bat when Rachelle and I didn't know what we needed to do or when we needed to do it, Lindsay narrowed it down for us. She was able to tell us where to go for pictures, where to go for a DJ and what things we needed to have ready at what times. On top of all that, Rapids teams up with Rich Products to do your food. Lindsay called in Taylor, Steve and Heather to take care of all of the culinary needs. That is one less thing we needed to worry about.
The day of, when the DJ ran late, Rapids was ready to go with music if needed. Lindsay was also on our side to call and yell at anybody we needed or wanted her to. I cut my hand on a beer bottle, BAM bar staff to the rescue with bandaids! I had a string on my suit, BAM Taylor to the rescue with scissors!
Let's talk about what wasn't there. There were no bed bugs, there were no robberies and no weird homeless people in the bathrooms.
The next day I had gotten phone calls and text messages from friends and family telling me that this wedding was the best they had ever been to. Mom was super happy that they let her out of the asylum for this one!

Profile Picture Mike, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was everything I hoped it would be and more. Marie and her team helped with every single detail necessary for my big day and even had some surprises in store for my husband and I. I would recommend this venue to every single Buffalo bride looking for the perfect place to get married.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 1/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

If I had to pick one thing that separates this venue from the rest, it's that it comes with a wonderful woman named Marie Hutchins! There was no such thing as a problem as far as we were concerned. If something went wrong, we never knew because the behind the scenes genius was there to fix it no matter what it was. I thought I was going to have to worry about everything. In the end, Marie did all the worrying for me. The venue was the best venue I've ever been to for a wedding. It's not even close. The staff, the food, the sound and lighting, the atmosphere, everything was perfect.

Profile Picture User6411301, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rapids Theatre was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! Marie was very helpful and attentive throughout the process. The theatre is gorgeous and the ceiling is breathtaking! The pictures of our first dance with the ceiling are beautiful! If you are planning on having a live band for your wedding, this is definitely the place to go! With the sound, light, and video engineers, you are truly at a concert at your own wedding. Our day was perfect!

Profile Picture User3924442, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day was nothing less than what you dream of as a child. The staff of the Rapids Theatre and Rich's catering are a phenomenal combination. The experts at Rich's make it impossible to sweat the little things on wedding day and leading up to it. You name it and it's taken care of; the best man's belt broke and Steven (Rich's fantastic wedding coordinator) was there with heavy duty safety pins to prevent a catastrophe. What made me fall in love with the venue in the first place (aside the gorgeous architecture) was Marie from the Rapid's and her commitment to making the day perfect. When I first was looking into venues I emailed around a few places, every other place acted like they were better than my wedding, took a long time to get back, and made me feel like an after thought. Marie got back to me almost instantly, and was completely excited that I would even consider her venue. The DJ loved it because all they had to do is hook up to the state of the art concert sound system. Included in the rental fee is the Rapid's videographer, who will run a live feed on the projection screens of your wedding, so everyone can see your special moment. The food was to die for, Rich's food was not only delicious, but the presentation was very classy. One of the big draws to the venue for me was the fact that everything is centrally located. I have been to many weddings where people are split up outside, or on the other end of the room at the bar. I wanted everyone together; the bar is enormous and right next to the dance floor. My wedding had 200 guests, it was overwhelming enough to visit with everyone, it made everything a lot easier since it was one large area. The day was absolutely perfect, and I am confident that we made the right decision to have our wedding at the Rapid's Theatre. I tell everyone that I want a friend to get married there so I can enjoy it as a guest!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I cannot say enough good things about Rapids and if we were to do the wedding all over again I wouldn't change the venue one bit. They worked in conjunction with Rich's for catering and everything was absolutely amazing. The setting of Rapids is breathtaking and because the venue is so beautiful we were able to save some money by sort of skimping out on the "extra" decoration-type stuff since the venue on its own is so perfect. The staff was responsive, attentive, SO incredibly easy to work with and did everything they could to make sure our wedding went off perfectly.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/9/15, 2 Reviews