The Ranch at Little Hills Reviews

29 | San Ramon, CA

29 Reviews for The Ranch at Little Hills

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Angela · Married on 04/21/2018

I took one look at the Ranch at Little Hills and immediately knew it was where I wanted to get married. My husband and I are outdoor lovers and the Ranch provided the perfect, beautiful, tranquil atmosphere that we wanted for our big day. Despite living all the way in Washington State, planning the wedding was so easy thanks to the help of our amazing and brilliant coordinator Gillian! She made sure we had every detail thought out and she was so accommodating to all of our needs. She even helped us to make a last-minute traditional Korean wedding ceremony possible at the venue the day before our wedding. Our whole wedding weekend was so magical and went exactly how my husband and I wanted it to, if not even better. We are so happy we were able to make such sweet memories at this place!

John · Married on 06/17/2016

If you are interested in this venue I highly suggest calling and making an appointment for a tour. You will meet Marci the wedding coordinator and she will show you the venue, and their options. Marci really knows what she is doing. We just had our wedding at Little Hills on June 17th and had a blast. The venue is beautiful you have to see it in person. Marci made the wedding planning so easy and stress free. She is calm, collected, and knows what she is doing. Marci responds quickly to emails, and will keep your vendors organized. She ran our wedding the day off like a well oiled machine. There were zero issues or problems because of Marci.

Simply put the venue is beautiful, the food is great, the staff are awesome, and Marci rocks!

Chelsea · Married on 10/24/2015

The Ranch at Little Hills was a perfect venue for our outdoor, serene wedding ceremony and reception. From the first time we stepped onto the property we knew we could have the comfy, rustic, fun wedding that we wanted. The venue is a great value and offers plenty of outdoor space for any sized wedding for a reasonable cost. For us, it was great that the ceremony site, reception site, food, and beverage were all provided by the venue - this made planning much more simple. Also, Marci (the on-site coordinator) is extremely helpful and very responsive. Any questions on any details were promptly looked into. She and her staff were really friendly. She was key in making our wedding come to life! We received numerous compliments from our guests and would not hesitate to suggest this venue to others.

John · Married on 08/15/2015

My wife and I got married here back in August. We were thoroughly pleased with the service provided. Marci was with us and guided us from day one! She brought many things to our attention that we may not have thought of on our own. She was more than willing to help us and work around our crazy schedules. She had many great ideas for areas we were unsure about. On our wedding day, she kept strict to our schedule and had everything moving fluidly! A huge thanks to Marci and the RALH crew!

Ji-hae · Married on 08/08/2015

Staff at ranch at little hills were very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed working with our day of coordinator, Marci. She was always available and truly cared for our big day. The venue is simple yet beautiful and couples can really dress this place up as their hearts may desire. Our wedding was very simple and we did minimal decorations yet my guests were all wowed by the natural beauty of this place. The pricing is reasonable compared to many other venues in the area. Overall, I definitely recommend this venue for any couples out there who are budget conscious and looking for nature inspired wedding.

The Ranch at Little Hills was the perfect setting for our wedding. My husband and I both love the outdoors, so the ceremony site under the trees was just right. Our wedding coordinator was a huge help during the planning process and always quick to respond to all of our questions. My husband and I are both extremely satisfied with our decision to have chosen the Ranch at Little Hills for our wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 10/08/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad you had a great time at your wedding, mystery couple =)

Stephanie · Married on 08/16/2014

Amazing outdoor venue! Lauren, the wedding day coordinator was always very helpful and very quick to answer any question via email or text. Even while away on vacation she responded to emails. Everything went according to schedule and the way I had envisioned and everyone came to me and said how great the space was and how well the ceremony and reception went.

Sent on 08/28/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

We are so glad you had a great time Stephanie! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! =)

holly · Married on 07/26/2014

Our wedding was so enjoyable and stress-free! Everything went so smooth from planning to the clean-up! Lauren & the staff were on top of the details and they were so helpful until the very end. We chose RLH for their positive attitude, as opposed to other places who tended to focus on what couldn't be done. We received lots of compliments about the venue too.

Sent on 08/07/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Kiyoko! We were thrilled to host your wedding here! So glad you had an amazing time =)

Cynthia · Married on 07/19/2014

I am the mother-of-the-bride, who desperately wanted a 'country club' wedding reception; but, that was not my daughter's vision at all. The RLH had exactly the feel she was looking for, and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. We proceeded to the venue after a 4pm church ceremony. It was beautiful at that time of day, and just got more and more lovely as the evening progressed. Many guests were not from the area, so the venue showcased Northern California's natural beauty perfectly. The theme/decor she chose was not at all rustic, yet looked beautiful in the white tent and in the setting. I don't think there is a better wedding coordinator to be found than Lauren Maser. All of our guests had a wonderful time, and we received many compliments on the choice of venue.

Sent on 08/05/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Cindy! We are so glad you had just as much fun as we did and were happy with your daughter's gorgeous wedding!

Cassandra · Married on 06/07/2014

I had my wedding here on Saturday June 7th, 2014. From beginning to end, it was an amazing experience. The wedding site is beautiful and the food was delicious. The customizable layout was a huge plus for my husband and I - as we wanted to incorporate the wedding theme in various areas.
    In addition to everything this venue had to offer, I would have to say that we were most pleased with our time working with the site's wedding coordinator Lauren Maser. Lauren is absolutely AMAZING. She promptly responded to all of my emails (I had a ton), ensured our order with Pleasanton Rentals met our expectations, and made sure we felt comfortable through the entire planning process of our wedding. Lauren is a true professional who hands down made our experience with The Ranch at Little Hills an unforgettable one.

Sent on 08/18/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Your wedding was amazing Cassandra! We are so glad you and Fabian enjoyed yourselves!

We LOVED having our wedding at The Ranch at Little Hills. Everything was perfect. Our wedding planner, Lauren, is SO good at her job and handled the details of the wedding (before and during) perfectly. Many, many guests told us that it was one of the best weddings they've attended. Definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/22/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! We are so glad you enjoyed your wedding as much as we did =)

Tiffany · Married on 05/10/2014

I just came back from my honeymoon a few days ago and knew one of the first things I had to do when I got back was give this place a fantastic review. My husband and I had such an amazing experience with RLH, and we literally were smiling about how perfect our day was through the entire two-week honeymoon. First of all, through the venue we were given the most amazing wedding coordinator, Lauren Maser, and I must say she is the absolute best. Everything from the months/weeks/days/hours/minutes/seconds leading up the wedding were completely under control, there were no surprises, and I felt SO much relief knowing I had a coordinator to help oversee everything. She was so much more than just a day-of planner, she was practically my maid-of-honor and I can't imagine doing this without her. We met with her several times before the big day, not to mention clogged her inbox with questions, confirmations, and other random chit chat that she was all so responsive, helpful, and organized with. She sat with my fiancé and I for hours helping us decide patterns for Japanese lantern colors, table arrangements, flower placements, and gave us so much advice and ideas that we used to the last drop for the big day. I honestly don't know how I could have stayed so calm throughout this entire journey had it not been for her amazing support along every step of the way.

The Ranch at Little Hills is a complete gem, I loved how hidden it was, the trees and lights and tent and everything felt exactly how I always wanted it to be on my special day. The staff was kind, professional, and willing to bend over backwards to see that every detail was perfect and just as expected for the big day. We chose to have our ceremony at the Wildcat location (which is up above in the trees), and it looked absolutely stunning in May with the sun streaming through the trees.
    I'm so so happy with this experience, and I would recommend this venue and of course Lauren to anyone lucky enough to have her :)

Sent on 05/30/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany! We could not be happier with your beautiful day and we absolutely loved working with you =)

Nancy · Married on 05/03/2014

If you are looking for a very reasonably priced, all inclusive rustic venue with an awesome coordinator and super helpful staff, then this is it. Wedding planning is definitely not easy, but Lauren definitely made it a lot easier and less stressful. While she is The Ranch's day-of coordinator, she had 3 check in meetings with us leading up to the wedding and was always available via email/phone. She and the staff took care of everything the day of our wedding. We didn't have to check in on set up, nor did we have to clean/pack or take stuff home with us after the wedding. They packed everything up nicely and stored it away for our friends to pick up the day after. For a nominal fee, you can also have the staff help with various tasks (instead of doing it yourself, they will do it for you -- loved this option as it relieved us of having to stress over additional details). They helped us string lights all around the gazebo area, set up and arrange decorations on the guest book table, dessert table, and s'mores table. You will receive a high level of professionalism and responsiveness, along with friendly and superb service. We highly recommend The Ranch at Little Hills

Sent on 06/25/2014

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Nancy! Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so glad you had such an amazing time at your wedding. We absolutely loved being a part of it!

Kathleen · Married on 10/26/2013

The staff at Little Hills Ranch was extremely easy to work with. They were quick to answer any emails and phone calls during the planning process. I felt very comfortable on the day of the wedding knowing that everything had been thoroughly discussed ahead of time. Everything was set up just as I had wanted it to be, and the staff made sure to check in with us throughout the event. This is the perfect setting for an outdoor event! The food was incredible and our guests had an amazing time. Thanks so much for one of the most amazing and memorable experiences!

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and hosting your wedding! We hope you're enjoying your newlywed bliss with Phil =)

Loriann · Married on 10/12/2013

The venue was amazing. Amazing service. Beautiful. All of my vendors, lighting, photography etc. commented on how accommodating the venue was. Guests loved the food. I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 11/15/2013

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

You are so sweet LoriAnn! We had such a great time hosting your wedding! Your draping was our favorite =) We hope you're enjoying your newlywed bliss!

Mia · Married on 09/14/2013

I had my wedding at The Ranch at Little Hills back in September and everything was perfect! The planning process was so smooth and Vanessa was SO helpful. She was very organized and had all the details mapped out for the big day. She went above and beyond to make sure that the day was perfect. I highly recommend this venue for any bride who is looking for a rustic, casual, and relaxed venue with a great staff!

Sent on 11/24/2013

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thanks so much for your great comments, Mia! We absolutely loved hosting your wedding with Tim! We hope you are enjoying the holidays with your new hubby =)

Virginia · Married on 09/01/2012

The Ranch at Little Hills is the best place to have an outdoor wedding. The staff are extremely helpful, the food is delicious and the grounds are lovely. I am so happy we choose this location for our special day!

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thanks Virginia! We absolutely loved hosting your wedding =)

venue was really beautiful and a perfect place for my wedding, they were really perfessional and did everything in thei power to accomidate me.

Lana · Married on 10/01/2011

I was extremely pleased with The Ranch at Little Hills. The venue was amazingly beautiful! We had an evening wedding and having both the ceremony and reception in the same location was such a priority for us. Amy and staff was more than helpful and went up and beyond our expectations. I would recommend family and friends for future weddings to this location!

Leanne · Married on 10/18/2008

Venue was excellent. Staff worked well with us to make everything as least stressfull as possible for us. Met and surpassed expectations.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 06/18/2011

We had our wedding at the Ranch at Little Hills, which we chose for a multitude of reasons, including (but not limited to) the ambiance, the professionalism of the staff, and the value. The Ranch at Little Hills is a jack-of-all-trades sort of site, but its location in the wooded hills of San Ramon give it the sort of natural beauty that my wife and I were looking for in a venue.

Our wedding coordinator (and the manager for the venue) Amy was always just a phone call away and was extremely patient when dealing with some of our last-minute freakouts. During the planning process, Amy really went out of her way to help us figure things out and offered some great insight on how we could best incorporate the plans we had for the big day. She knows how to run a tight ship and adapt to changing situations, and as a result, the wedding ran much smoother than we had anticipated.

Amy and the rest of the extremely helpful and courteous staff of the Ranch at Little Hills were always on-hand when needed and made sure that my wife and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our big day. Frankly, we're very grateful that we were able to work with Amy. Without her help, we would have turned into nervous wrecks.

Our wedding couldn't have turned out better, and all of our guests agree wholeheartedly. We're very happy we chose the Ranch at Little Hills, and we'd recommend the venue and its staff in a heartbeat.

Angela · Married on 06/26/2010

Venue was perfect. We had a perfect ceremony and the staff was very accomodating. Highly recommended!

Emily · Married on 08/25/2013

We decided to have a short engagement and were able to work with the Ranch at Little Hills to prepare our wedding in under four months and our wedding was wonderful. The location is truly beautiful (we had our wedding in the Oak Groves) so that we didn't have to include a lot of decorations and yet still hear from our friends and family how lovely it was. The staff at the Ranch were extremely helpful, professional, and let us define our wedding as we saw fit. They were able to respond to our specific requests and were not pushy in any way. The food was good - the DJ they recommended was great, and kept our guests dancing til late. I highly recommend the venue for a wedding.

The Ranch at Little Hills's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! We are so glad you had a great time! We absolutely loved hosting your wedding and we hope you're enjoying your newlywed bliss with Scott =)

Janice · Married on 07/09/2011

My daugher had her wedding reception at The Ranch at Little Hills in July 2011. It was wonderful! Before ever selecting a reception site, she had a vision of exactly what her reception would look like. My daughter wanted to take a very "hands on" approach to every detail and Amy (the wedding coordinator) was very receptive to that. She listened to our ideas, made suggestions and together we came up with a plan, When we arrive on on the wedding day, everything was perfect! We used our own caterer so I cannot comment on the food. I recommend going to their spring Open House so you can sample the food as well as the wine and beer selections offered in their beverage package. If you are looking for a site where you can have your wedding with the beauty of nature surrounding you, I would recommend you take a look at The Ranch at Little Hills.