38 Reviews for The Rabbit Room

Southwestern (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
Signature Drink (1)
38 The Rabbit Room Reviews

My daughter's wedding was planned on only two months notice so I didn't have the luxury of time to choose a venue. Someone recommended The Rabbit Room. I had been there once a few years ago and was impressed. I visited a few other venues that were nice but it was an easy decision to go with The Rabbit Room. The setting was marvelous. The place has so much character. We did a tasting and the food was great. The prices were reasonable. Sara, the event manager, is an absolute gem. She was very responsive, made suggestions, and in general was on top of things the entire time. On the day of the wedding, she worked right along with the staff and did whatever was needed. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend The Rabbit Room!

Profile Picture Donna, 12/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so glad we decided on The Rabbit Room for our wedding! We worked with Sara throughout the wedding planning process and she was so speedy in her responses to emails about timelines, seating arrangements, menu planning, etc. On the day of, Sara was able to be there for the ceremony and then Nikki was with us for the reception. Staff at the venue set up all of our decor and it looked beautiful. We hadn't provided much instruction about how we wanted the items arranged but it was flawless, Both Sara and Nikki helped make the day run perfectly on time and so smoothly! Nikki came over to our table and asked what food we'd like and brought us our dinner and even brought seconds without being asked. The food was incredible and guests were commenting on how delicious it was for weeks afterwards. Our day could not have been more perfect, thanks!!!

Profile Picture Anne, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Italian, Local

We had such a perfect wedding at the Rabbit Room! Sara and the wedding staff were great with helping us create our special day. The food and service were great. I would recommend the Rabbit Room to anyone I know looking for a venue!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

All the employees at the Rabbit Room went above & beyond to make our wedding exactly what we wanted. Guests were blown away by the food, friendly service, and unique setting. The chef even on-the-spot whipped up a vegetarian appetizer for my aunt when the non-veg friendly ones came out first! Sara was super attentive to all of our special requests (champagne tower, decor specifications, etc) & extremely patient with my last minute emails leading up to the big day. Throughout the process we were kept on track for planning without ever feeling pushed. We planned from states away but you'd never be able to tell thanks to the Rabbit Room's staff!

Profile Picture Jess, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The rabbit room is truly a hidden gem. we have been going there for dinner on Thursdays for years so it only made sense to host our rehearsal dinner there. Sara and the team provided fabulous service from the start. The food was incredible and the venue was the perfect place for us to host our event for ~40 people. I can't recommend this place enough!

Profile Picture Anne, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we started hunting around for a wedding venue, the Rabbit Room was our second stop. It was a clear decision that we need not look any further. Sara and her staff worked closely with us throughout the planning process, and were more than patient with us every time we changed our minds on the menu, bar, and seating arrangements. On our wedding day, everything was picture perfect! The service was impeccable, food nothing short of 5 stars, and every guest in the place was awe-struck. We received complements for months afterwards! If you are considering the Rabbit Room for your event, I promise you that you won't be disappointed! At the very least, stop in, have a meal, and see for yourself :)

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

My husband and I recently got married at the Rabbit Room. From the very beginning, we were thoroughly impressed! The venue is very unique and inviting with the exposed brick! We loved the artwork hanging on the walls! Sara, the wedding coordinator, is very professional and goes above and beyond to help you to have the perfect day! The staff is very accommodating and the food was superb! We couldn’t be happier with our experience and we highly recommend this venue to others!! :)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used the Rabbit Room as a caterer for our wedding at an off-site location and they absolutely made our day amazing! They made amazing food that went perfectly with my fall themed wedding (butternut squash ravioli, grilled chicken with caramelized apples and goat cheese, corn bread stuffing!!!) and I have guests still come up to me weeks after asking about the food. The Rabbit Room did not just stick to the food they handled EVERYTHING for me! From setting up my centerpieces, coordinating other vendors, and even problem solving when my lights went out! The servers are amazing as well! The Rabbit Room was worth every penny and I cannot recommend them enough, they consistently made me feel that everything was handled and made sure my husband and I could just enjoy the day - even insisting we sit and enjoy our food!! Cannot wait to use them again!

Profile Picture User7353704, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

The Rabbit Room was perfect. Sara was available via email during the whole planning process. We did heavy hors' doeuvres which eliminated the need for assigned seating, freed up space for dancing, and time for talking. There were tables on all of the patios. The food was outstanding! It was an incredibly magical night. I would recommend the Rabbit Room to anyone!

Profile Picture User7228542, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I worked with Sara to plan our wedding reception which was held on a Friday in September 2016. Although we are both from New York, we live in Oregon, and so we knew that planning our wedding might be difficult. We found that Sara was very passionate about assisting couples on their wedding day - and when our travel plans included coming to New York on a day that the Rabbit Room isn't normally open -- Sara arranged for a menu tasting anyway, something we truly appreciated. And when our wedding day came around Sara was very attentive. I had mentioned to Sara prior to the wedding that my grandparents were unable to get their own food, and that I wanted my aunt who normally cares for them to be able to enjoy her dinner without worrying about them. My grandparents continue to mention how nice Sara and the rest of the staff were to them, getting them plates of food and being genuinely concerned about their needs and desires. Our intimate wedding reception was just what we wanted - a beautiful and delicious station buffet dinner shared with 65 of our closest friends and family.

I appreciate Sara, and her husband who is the chef, for helping us host a beautiful wedding reception. I would not hesitate to recommend the Rabbit Room to other couples who are interested in quality food, in a rustic and elegant environment. We will definitely return to relive the day many times over.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The unique environment, food quality, and personal service combined made this an easy decision for our venue. You won't find another facility like The Lower Mill. The range and capability of the menu is incredible. We had heavy hors d'oeuvres with mini stations and it was outstanding. Met with Alison to explore the property and discuss food & beverage options. Her personal approach and genuine interest set her apart from others we had met with.

After selection, we worked with Sara to coordinate the event, and it was white glove treatment throughout. Can't say enough about how we were treated, how smoothly everything went, and how much fun we had. Our guests were equally impressed with the food and the professionalism. We have Sara and the team at The Rabbit Room to thank for making our wedding day the experience of a lifetime.

Profile Picture Jake, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, French, Italian, Local, Southwestern, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

A lovely venue - intimate, rustic, a historic grist mill turned art gallery and restaurant. The food is absolutely fantastic and of gourmet quality. Everything is made fresh from local suppliers. They are very accommodating to any and all ideas, and their focus is working toward making your event special and personal. The resident wedding planner is all the help you need to put on a wonderful day. The upstairs art gallery is a bonus for your guests.

Profile Picture User5391077, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

The Rabbit Room was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. We had a relatively small wedding and we wanted a location that would be intimate, cozy, and had a rustic feel to it. Everything about our wedding was incredible! Sara Geen and the entire staff was fantastic - so attentive, patient, responsive, understanding and above all fun to work with! All of our guests said the food was the best wedding food they had every had. The entire event was amazing and I would definitely use The Rabbit Room again for an event.

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

I can't say enough about Sara Geen and the folks at the Rabbit Room. We had our ceremony, as well as, our reception there. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Sara helped us plan everything, listened to our ideas, gave us ideas of her own, and was always a phone call or a visit away if we needed anything. She also had a list of recommendations for other services we might need or want, which helped immensely because I had no idea where to begin. The food was scrumptious. In fact, I thought it was even better than the tasting. We had The Rabbit Room make our wedding cake as well, even though we could have used a bakery of our choice. I highly recommend having them bake the wedding cake. It was BEAUTIFUL and it tasted like a slice of heaven. Our wedding day went very smoothly. Usually one expects a glitch or two at a large event, but Sara and the staff at The Rabbit Room made everything run without a hitch. The staff was helpful, professional and yet inconspicuous. We had one very picky eater in our party. The Rabbit Room accommodated his wishes happily. The Rabbit Room and Sara made us feel like we were the only wedding party with which they were working. It was a busy time of the year. I know we were definitely not the only ones. To top it off, their prices were extremely reasonable; thousands less than some of the other popular, Monroe County venues. My family is still raving about how wonderful everything was; how elegant and well-managed. They think I did all of the work and planning. Sara told me I could take the credit, so I look great, even though she was the master-mind behind what was a truly perfect day.

Profile Picture Helen, 7/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Rabbit Room took such good care of my new husband and me, as well as, our wedding party and guests that I want to get married all over again! Sara Geen helped us plan our big day. She took all of the stress out of the steps we needed to take to make the day perfect. If I had a question of any kind she was readily available whether by phone, by email, or in person. I never had to wait for an answer which also alleviated some of my panic as the day grew closer. The service was spectacular on the day of our ceremony and reception. We wanted for nothing. Our guests wanted for nothing. The food and hors d'oeuvres we chose were scrumptious; even better than the tasting we had beforehand. I had the Rabbit Room make our wedding cake and it was better and more beautiful than any of the traditional bakeries. (It also tasted like a slice of heaven.) The BEST thing about the Rabbit Room, however, is that we felt like we were their only clients. I felt as if they were focusing on our wedding and our wedding alone. We HIGHLY recommend the Rabbit Room and all of its employees for making a special occasion truly over the top. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful it was.

Profile Picture Helen, 7/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't say enough good things about the Rabbit Room. The food was amazing! The building is beautiful. The staff was so professional, attentive, and friendly. I didn't have to worry about anything. I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and have our reception. Can't wait to have our 1 year anniversary dinner there!! YUM!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The Rabbit Room turned out to be a perfect choice for our wedding - very relaxed, spacious enough for our 75-person guest list, and overall a beautiful place to get married. The food was PHENOMENAL - by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding, and maybe some of the best food I've had in my life, period. The staff was very professional and accommodating, and would make recommendations when our ideas would fall short. They were very prompt at responding to my questions and concerns, and were available by phone or email whenever I needed them to be. Niki Helmich was our main wedding coordinator, and was especially helpful, warm, and easy-going. Overall, we had an amazing experience, and could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding.

Pros:
+ environment
+ food
+ professional, friendly staff
+ very nice outdoor space with seating
+ great spaces for pictures
+ flexible
+ many different bar options
+ FOOD!

Cons:
- smaller venue, but perfect for ~ 75 people
- very hot inside during a warm summer day, even with A/C - be prepared to get sweaty and tell your guests to dress light!
- very pricey, but worth every penny for a once-in-a-lifetime event

Profile Picture Kate, 9/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

If having good food at your wedding is a priority, have your wedding at the Rabbit Room. It was our biggest priority and they did not disappoint. It's also a beautiful setting with an outdoor seating area, perfect for spring, fall or summer. They had an option for a fire pit and s'more-making, which was also a big hit with our guests. Upstairs there's a beautiful art gallery and a bridal room you can rent so you have a place to get ready before the ceremony. Sara is very easy to work with and was able to answer the most tedious questions about the tiniest little details. At the last minute a couple of our guests had problems getting to our wedding and she was able to adjust the head count no problem. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Profile Picture User5397862, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

After searching Wedding Wire for a location for my daughter's wedding and reception on July 3, we visited The Rabbit Room, mainly based on the very high ratings from other reviewers. We wanted:
- People who would work with us
- A place where we could have both the ceremony and reception
- Excellent food and bar service with space for dancing
- Ambiance
We found all of the above with our Rabbit Room experience.

We worked with Sara as our wedding coordinator, and she was responsive and easy to work with. From guiding our menu selections to accommodating our setup requests to the last minute provision of safety pins, she was just what we needed to make everything work smoothly. We did rent the bride's room and thought it was worth the extra charge for the bride and her party to have a place to get ready. We used the stair landing between the second and third floors for the exchange of vows, which worked nicely because all the guests seated on the second floor could see the ceremony.

As for the reception, the staff was friendly and helpful, and made our guests feel welcome. We chose to have a heavy hors d'ouevres party with mini-stations. The food was fabulous, not only in taste but also in presentation! Our guests were totally delighted with everything, including the custom red velvet cheesecake wedding cake, also created by the Rabbit Room chefs. They commented on the relaxed setting and enjoyed the historic aspects of the restaurant and galleries. The Rabbit Room has a new sound system that made playing music from an iPhone a breeze and sounded great.

My daughter and son-in-law were delighted with their special day, and that's what it's all about! We are happy to recommend The Rabbit Room.

Profile Picture Joann, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just cannot express how completely impressed I was by the staff at the Rabbit Room! Sara and the team there are AMAZING! We loved the location and the intimate feel of the space for our small wedding. We had 55 people, which was about perfect. I was super nervous and felt super rushed towards the end of the wedding planning, but Sara stepped in and helped out with everything. I even had mislabeled a few escort cards but Sara straightened it all out. She made sure our ceremony backdrop was perfect for us. She made sure I had my flowers in hand and that I took a deep breath before walking down the aisle. She ran around making sure my mom and mother in law were well attended to all night. Omg, one of the servers spoon fed my mother in law when her hands were full and he just HAD to have a spoon of pork belly when he brought it around! Oh, and the food is absolutely amazing!!!!! At the end of the night, the staff quickly and efficiently packed everything up for us. One of the guys found my sweater on my chair and ran it up to me, saying he was worried I might forget it. This is just a wonderful, beautiful, amazing place!!!! I would hold an event there again in a heartbeat!!!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Rabbit Room after after restaurant (Ember) backed out on us after we had talked to them in person and had been emailing with them about our event.
Sara at The Rabbit Room worked with us to create an event that would work for us on a budget. It went very well. The food was great, people were happy, everything went very well.

Profile Picture roseanna, 7/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our family could not be any happier with Sara and her team at the Rabbit Room!

I thought it would be tough planning a wedding for a bride and groom who are in the military and based so far away. My daughter's instructions were few, "I am begging you mom, do not stick me in a dark banquet hall, I do not want a "Princess" wedding and we MUST have exceptional food".

Our first visit to The Lower Mill and the Rabbit Room I knew we had found the perfect place. The building is gorgeous, stone walls, the art gallery, the gardens, all just right and minimal decorating was necessary since the natural feel to the place is so vintage and interesting a lot of extra stuff would have taken away from it's beauty.

We worked with Amy and Sara the months leading up to the event and found them both very helpful and responsive whenever we had a question. Sara was our "it girl" the day of the wedding and she had every detail worked out and the event flowed seamlessly. We even had a backup plan should it be raining the day of, which it was. I think the staircase in the gallery was prettier than outside and my daughter and her father got to make quite an entrance walking down the stairs.

If you are looking for FANTASTIC food, this is your place. We have had numerous friends and family members call us to thank us for picking such a unique spot for a wedding with such amazing food. In fact all we have spoken to have mentioned the food, the food, the food. We had stations and passed appetizers and unassigned seating so folks got to mingle and chat with each other and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.

I would recommend this place to anybody who asks and even those who don't :)

Profile Picture User4131074, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING place. I have 4 starts in value because it can get pricey but hey food is AMAZING and wedding hopefully happens only once:)
SARA is just great, she will work with you at all times!!!!!!!
thank you rabbit room!

Profile Picture User3503804, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Rabbit Room is amazing!!! I am so happy that we chose this venue. We were looking for somewhere unique, that was reasonably priced, and had great food. The Rabbit Room had all of this! Sara, the event coordinator, was so easy to work with too, which really helps. Our guests absolutely loved their experience- I've gotten so many compliments about the venue. Definitely worth checking out :-)

Profile Picture User3380481, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose the Rabbit Room because of unique feel of the venue and their amazing food. The staff there (Sara, Allison, chefs and all of the servers) were wonderful. They were extremely flexible and accommodating. All of my guests raved about the food and ambiance. I recommend the Rabbit Room to anyone that wants a more intimate venue and doesn't want typical wedding fare food. The only drawback is that because it is a smaller venue things can get a little cramped. We had approximately 100 guests and were able to all fit on the first floor. I can imagine that having much more than 120 would be a tight squeeze.

Overall I had an amazing and unforgettable experience with the Rabbit Room!

Profile Picture Annalise, 5/18/13, 3 Reviews