The Queen Mary Reviews

The Queen Mary 1
The Queen Mary 2

Shelley Dolney · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Love It!!!

We loved this venue. Stacia is great to work with and has such a bubbly personality. I could totally see our wedding at the Queen Mary. Ultimately, we selected another venue because there would be a lot of walking involved for our mobility challenged guests.

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

Great venue!

Our wedding reception on the Queen Mary was perfect. Stacia was absolutely amazing to work with! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/09/2019
    The Queen Mary 3
    The Queen Mary 4

Natalie · Married on 06/30/2018

The Queen Mary was the perfect place to have our wedding.
    We started off with a great tour of all of the ball rooms that would accommodate our guests (166 total) with Lisa. She then went over the package with us. The package was such a great value. A beautiful ballroom, catering, cake, tables, chairs, linens, a hosted cocktail hour, and huge stateroom for the night of the wedding was a huge selling point.
    We were then assigned our wonderful event coordinator, Breanna. She was so helpful, and went over every little detail with us to make sure we were happy. She also recommended hiring a day of coordinator, Lucas Jeanne Events, and that ended up making our day so smooth and easy.
    We received so many compliments of how unique and great our wedding was because we decided to host it on the Queen Mary.
    We have nothing negative to say about our experience with the Queen Mary at all.

Sent on 07/19/2018
  • Jimmellen

Jimmellen · Married on 05/27/2017

The Queen Mary is not only elegant, but well worth the price that they offer. We were unsure of how much we would be able to spend, but the wedding team was able to break it down for us and actually made planning seem less daunting. On top of everything else we just need to find a florist, Dj, and Photographer! Yes, the cake is included, and it can be as fancy or as simple as we want! Thank you Queen Mary!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2017

Very easy to get started. They can send you your contract with you. They will keep in contact with you through email or by phone right away. Great people to work with and you get your very own wedding planner included with your wedding package (which I love).

Sent on 09/27/2016

Anna · Married on 09/24/2016

All of my guests loved this venue and when it came down to the wedding day, everything ran smoothly, the food was hot and delicious (definitely NOT typical wedding food), and the staff was amazing.
    The Pros: Location is amazing, Views are breathtaking, Photos will be great at this venue, Food is delicious and beautiful on the plate, Very accommodating for those that have special dietary needs/allergies, Best value for the quality of the food and unique venue, Day-of coordination was very smooth, There were 5 weddings on my wedding day and I did not see any hiccups.
    Recommendations: The ship has a lot of handicapped inaccessible areas. Make sure the room you choose accommodates them if you have guests that need it. Be able to walk up/down stairs in your dress and shoes. I'd recommend an aisle runner for the ceremony so your veil doesn't get caught on hardwood decks. Become familiar with who does what on the ship. You will have contacts for the finance department, catering, hotel, and wedding coordination. Multiple people work in each of those departments, and communication between all of that can sometimes be a challenge. Make sure your photographer has worked on the ship before, and be sure you know exactly how to get to the places where you want to take pictures. It is very easy to get lost! Other weddings may happen on the ship on the same day. There were 5 weddings on my wedding day. I saw 2 other brides, but nobody was really in each other's way. This may also mean that the areas where you want to get pictures may be closed off. Ask about this in advance so you know when you can get your photos done without ruining another bride's day. Most ceremonies start at 6pm. I'd recommend doing photos prior to the ceremony so you don't run out of sunlight.
    Overall great value for the money! I had about 65 guests, got the most expensive meals, 5 extra hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour, and nobody paid for drinks the entire night.

Sent on 10/07/2016
  • Antonina

Antonina · Married on 09/17/2016

I am extremely happy with The Queen Mary, the venue is beautiful, the wedding package pricing is excellent. I am truly proud to be holding my event at this location.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Perry · Married on 10/11/2014

If you are looking a location to have a beautiful and elegant affair (especially if you love ships and/or the ocean), look no further! The Queen Mary not only boasts a great nostalgia for the ocean liner's history but also caters to your every need when planning your event.

We signed our contract with The Queen Mary 14 months in advance. Since we booked so far in advance, we were unable to answer all the questions they needed of us for contracting (number of hotel guests, etc.) - things we just couldn't logistically answer - but the staff helped us every step of the way. Our onboard event coordinator, Jacqueline, was incredible. If you book early enough, she may not be able to get back to you right away (she always will though), but once you are within the two months until the event, Jacqueline is all over your event! She, in fact, helped us through many problematic situations that we had with the external coordinator we hired as our on-the-ground contact, since this was a destination wedding for us. Any communication issues we had were because of that external coordinator, and Jacqueline and the entire Queen Mary team worked brilliantly to help us make our dreams and requests a reality. The room block team and catering teams were equally as impressive, even meeting with us in the week before the wedding to ensure every detail was covered...so much so that we even brainstormed new ideas that fit perfectly with our event and were pulled off masterfully.

We utilized the ship for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and hotel accommodations, and we are so happy we did. Having everyone in a one-stop location made for one of the greatest party weekends that any of us have ever attended, and we look forward to making the Queen Mary a destination we will visit frequently throughout our married lives so as to always remember the greatness of that day.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Lee · Married on 03/16/2014

After a few frustrating experiences with our visits with other venues we were ready to throw in the towel and head down to vegas and get married. But before we decided to do that, we were willing to give it one more chance. I wanted to check out Queen Mary so I sent an email to set an appointment. From the first phone call to when the wedding is finished, The Queen Mary never failed to deliver awesome service and professionalism! Our first meeting was with Kathy French. She made us feel very comfortable, very patient. She didn't rush us to our decision. She took her time to show us different ballrooms. She even comp'd our QM tour and treated us to lunch at The Tea Room. Jacqueline Alvarez was our Catering Event coordinator. She is very accommodating. Even with her very busy schedule, she was able to answer our million questions in a timely manner throughout the year and she made sure we were on track. Our last minute plan for our rehearsal lunch didn't go as planned but Jacqueline was there to smooth things out and made sure everyone in our party got fed. We had our ceremony at the Royal Chapel and our reception was at the Royal Salon and Kings view. Everything turned out greater than what we expected. Jacqueline and her staff went far and beyond to make sure everything were seamless. special shout out to our bartender Lourdes! she made sure everyone was liqoured up and happy. The food was amazing! They weren't lying when they said its award winning. We had the prime rib and Salmon, everyone loved the food. Compliments from our guests did not stop and still a talk about to this day. Very unique setting, art deco and historic. its a Perfect venue!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Erica · Married on 11/16/2013

Amazing!!!! Gorgeous view,excellent food and great staff!!!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

My wedding was 10/05/2013 at the Queen Mary. My theme was vintage style. The atmosphere of the boat played a big role in our wedding theme. It was more than what I expected. The day of the wedding, everyone was very helpful. Communicating with POC at the Queen Mary was very easily obtained and the day off went very smoothly. I loved everything about the Queen Mary, specially the food. Our guests thought it look like a Royal Wedding. If you want something unique and different I would recommend this Venue. People still can't stop talking about how elegant our wedding looked.

Sent on 03/04/2014

S · Married on 07/20/2013

Our daughter's wedding beautiful. The Captain of the Queens Salon Ramon was marvelous. Jacquline Alveraz and Kathy French were wonderful to work with. Hotel blocks for wedding party and guest set up by Allison Lamski was terrific too. Everything about the venue and pricing was perfect. It basically was an all inclusive wedding. Guest are happy to come to this exciting venue and from the moment their feet hit the ship the excitement begins. If you requested it you can be assured it will be there. Any event on the Queen Mary is worth the money. If you want to enjoy your childs wedding this is the place as the coordinators and staff make you feel like you are a guest at your own childs wedding, meaning you are there to enjoy not work.
    Thank you to all personnel and staff on the Queen Mary for a perfect wedding for our daughter and husband. The photographer also indicated how beautiful the pictures came out. (I will try and post at least one.)
    Mr. and Mrs. Miller

Sent on 08/01/2013

I love the Location and venue! Jaqueline did a wonderful job coordinating our wedding! she was very prompt and on top of things during the event.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Helenne · Married on 04/20/2012

Dear Krystal Kiremit, Catering Manager; Ernesto, Captain of the Queens Salon; Reservations Department, The Queen Mary Spa and the Queen Mary’s staff;
    I want to thank each of you for the personal care you took in seeing the Asebez/Linneman wedding on April 20, 2012 was perfect; and it was!
    When I booked the event back in early 2010 we had a few hick-ups with the changes of Catering Manager, not once, but twice. Apparently, the saying, “The thirds a charm” is absolutely true.
    I cannot express the abundance of professionalism I received from Krystal Kiremit and each one of our guest received from the time we boarded the Queen Mary. Krystal made sure everything was covered from A to Z. She went out of her way to make sure the timing of the wedding went accordingly, with the exception of the Bride being late to her own wedding!
    All of our 180+ guests were in awe and for some; this was their first trip aboard the Queen Mary of Long Beach. Having the Captain’s Meet and Greet at the wedding reception added to the romantic feel of the room; and gave our guests the feeling of being back in time when the Queen Mary made one of its voyages. A great touch!
    People have asked if I would have had the Queen Mary staff do anything different and I have to say, “Not one thing.” The wedding was perfect and our guest’s expressed an absolute joy of having our event aboard the Queen Mary. After having a wonderful time they didn’t mind paying for the parking fee either.
    The added personal touch from room service was a complete surprise and just added to the enjoyment of our stay aboard Queen Mary. Apparently, a lot of our guests slept well in their cabins due to the comfort of the beds.
    My mom, a WWII War bride who boarded the Queen Mary in Southampton, England in March 1946 was a writer aboard the Queen Mary and during her voyage published a daily newsletter called, “Porthole Peepers.” (I have her originals.) She would be proud in knowing the current staff on the Queen Mary is keeping her history alive. My mom was a true patriotic woman of her country and of the RMS Queen Mary. I can only express my deepest heart-felt thank you and I know my mom’s thank you would be 10 times greater!
    I will definitely advertise your caring touch and utmost professionalism.
    Once again, thank you in making the Asebez/Linneman wedding a wonderful event.
    Please, share this letter with all of your staff!
    Sincerely,

Helenne Asebez, Mother of the Bride
    Asebez/Linneman Wedding, April 20, 2012

Sent on 04/28/2012

Kristine · Married on 07/21/2011

We had our reception on the Queen Mary, and it was fantastic. They did the catering and the set up and the service was awesome. The wedding coordinator that we had been working with from the start, to finish, was always very courteous, responsive, attentive and never rude. Lea, the ship's wedding coordinator was so helpful and I recommend anyone giving her a call.
    Included in the package is a night's stay on board the ship, and I loved it! So nice to just walk down the hall to your room instead of having to drive somewhere else.

The Queen Mary is definitely worth it! It's affordable and beautiful and our guests loved it.

Sent on 08/01/2011

DIANA · Married on 11/20/2010

We booked the Queen Mary for our November 2010 wedding ceremony and reception. We had an outside ceremony with a beautiful of view of downtown Long Beach in the background. Our reception was held in the Royal Salon. The venue is absolutly breathtaking. Everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted. Their service during the reception was outstanding. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue and day! Julie was our coordinator. She was helpful throughout the whole planning process. I would totally recommend the Queen Mary if you are looking for an elegant and beautiful venue site! Plus, many of our guests were really excited to attend the wedding at such an unique location!

Sent on 12/23/2010

Amy · Married on 04/21/2005

We loved our ceremony in the chapel aboard the Queen Mary. The ladies that help with wedding planning were fantastic and so sweet. They set us up with a whole package deal including a discount on hotel rates, flowers, reception, and a really awesome cake.

Sent on 08/12/2008

Camilla · Married on 03/31/2017

I live on the east coast so all my contacts had to be done via email. I visited the Queen Mary 4 months before my wedding. The person who I was working with was not working there anymore and they set me up with Jeri. Jeri was an angel in my life. She took care of all my concerns and was very honest with me telling me if things would work or not. She had to set up a new room for my reception because she told me the amount of people wouldn't fit in the previous room. She was extremely patient with me and answered all my questions. I'm very happy with The Queen Mary crew and specially Jeri who helped me a lot.

Sent on 04/07/2017

We had our reception here at the Grand Ballroom. After finding out that the venue we were planning to use could not accomodate us, I was in a panic. My wedding planner, Josephine, suggested that we go see the Queen Mary. I was hesitant of the idea, since truthfully I thought it was a bit cheesy... But we went. The interior of the ship was a lot different then what I expected. We were looking for an original 1930s architecture, and the Grand Ballroom had it all. The sky high ceilings, original wood panelings, original artwork, and beautiful details. Though I only had 100 guests, we booked this 200 guest room immediately. Everything went smoothly since I had a wedding planner, but Nicole Ellis from The Queen Mary was also very helpful and attentive to our needs. She was able to pull some strings in bringing some costs down, and allowing us to bring in seafood because of the minimum cost we had to meet exceeded the 100 guest budget. I will highly recommend this venue. At least give it a chance for you to see the space and you may fall in love with it, like I did!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Daniel · Married on 07/09/2010

Great experience with the Queen Mary. Julie Arroyo was our wedding coordinator and worked with us all year to help us celebrate a fantastic wedding. Julie was very professional and dealt with us fairly and honestly, and did a good job of making our experience wonderful.

I thought it was a little on the expensive end, but it is Southern California, after all. It was nice that there was not a room reservation fee for our reception room (the Verandah Grill -- absolutely gorgeous. No decorations needed -- it is ready made for a beautiful reception and dance). Instead of the fee, they simply have a per person cost based on your meal choice, and then you have to reach the food minimum price. Our guests had validated parking (which I heard is not included anymore) and had a lot of fun looking around the ship before the wedding.

It may be a little nitpicky, but I wish they were more flexible with their bar options. They only had three beers available (Corona, Miller and Heineken, I believe). I really wish I could have brought in a more diverse (and better) lineup. The house wines were actually really good, though.

All in all, a great experience. The food was tasty and the Queen Mary really makes it quite easy for you -- you simply need to check the options you want and indicate preferences to your planner. We brought in the DJ, our photographer, the cake and centerpieces/favors. The Queen Mary tok care of the rest and it was splendid.

Sent on 07/21/2010
  • Brenda

Brenda · Married on 06/26/2010

Our reception was fabulous! Our guest loved the food. The staff are very professional and make you feel special. It was a plus for our guest to be able to take a break out in the deck and take a walk around the ship. We were very pleased and very happy that our special day will be an unforgettable day!

Sent on 07/13/2010

Sarah · Married on 03/13/2015

3.5

This venue is wonderful because almost everything is included in the package. You get your cake, food, servers, linens, dishes, tables, chairs, cocktail hour, set up, tear down, bride and groom one-night stay on the ship, and a beautiful ambiance for one price! The people there are professional, kind, accommodating, and relatively fast at responding to any questions or concerns you may have.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • User4588479 · event on 11/15/2014

3.5

I'm an event coordinator for our business firm and we held a Client Appreciation Event for 200 guests. The entire team at The Queen Mary were very professional and accommodating. Our guests really enjoyed the beautiful ship, tour and the plated lunch services.
    They were very accommodating on the way we wanted to run our time line with no hassles.
    I would like to say the only complaint would be that they breakdown of beverage prices. I would suggest that once you pay for beverages, not alcohol beverages, that they be free refills throughout the event.
    That's all. Other than that I would use their venue again and recommend it.

Sent on 12/04/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda F · Married on 08/17/2019

3.0

Love The Queen Mary

Amber is great!!! Parking is expensive but we love the Queen Mary so we will pay for it

Sent on 03/14/2019