20 Reviews for The Plaids

MC (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Projector (1)
19 The Plaids Reviews

These guys did a phenomenal job! You will not be disappointed...they are an amazing party band! Everyone had the best time!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

They were absolutely great and if I ever have an event I will definitely be using them.

Profile Picture Christina , 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Plaids were our first choice for our wedding entertainment and they did not disappoint! I had several meetings with Doug and Steve and they were great every time. They listened to all we had to say and accommodated all of our requests. They even talked separately with the musicians for the ceremony and made sure they had everything needed to sound great. The band was great during the reception and played a great variety of songs. We let them do their own thing (they are the pros) and they played two sets that were better than anything we could have drawn up for them. I highly recommend the Plaids for any party, celebration or wedding you might be planning - you will be pleased! Thanks, guys - wouldn't have been the same without you!

Profile Picture Elliot, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

STELLAR performance by The Plaids at the 2017 RiverRun International Film Festival Gala!! Cannot recommend these guys highly enough -- they are consummate professionals and put on an amazing performance. In the eyes of many (600+ guests), they helped make this year's Gala the best ever -- looking forward to next year...!

Profile Picture mickey, 3/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Plaids's were amazing! So much fun at our wedding. With a smaller guest count I was worried no one would want to get up and dance but this band made it happen. My husband and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Profile Picture Connie, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Plaids were absolutely fantastic. We booked them for a Halloween costume party. Our guests constantly raved about them and said they took the party to a whole other level. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were responsive and extremely professional. They are versatile and can play not just 80s, but other more current hits. I plan to book them again in the future.

Profile Picture Catherine, 11/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Plaids were absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond and even learned and played Butterfly Kisses for my reception! They are the most easy to work with band and made my special day perfect.

Profile Picture Monica, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

The plaids hosted our wedding reception and I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. They followed through with all of my requests, including many personal touches. For example, when I submitted my song list I included a little blurb about why I wanted a particular song to be played, and they explained it before the song ("This one is for all the Chi Omegas!... This one is for the groom!"). They got EVERYONE dancing, maintained a smooth flowing schedule, and 2 years later people are still talking about how fun the band was. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6449650, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

From the first time I saw the plaids play I knew I wanted them to play at our wedding! They are very responsive and did an amazing job keeping everybody entertained and dancing all night long! I would highly reccomend them for any event.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 1/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Plaids put on an awesome performance in a small venue for us! The acoustical format they put together for the size of the venue was perfect! I can't say enough about how good they sounded. Their song list is incredible, too. I would highly recommend them for your next event!

Profile Picture User6472597, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Having the Plaids at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Steve was great to work with and was very responsive, the band had an online system for picking songs and writing notes to the band, (eg, father/daughter dance, wedding party intro, must be played, must NOT be played, etc), and they emceed perfectly. Steve and I had a before-wedding phone call to go over everything the band would be doing, which was very helpful. I had some preconceived notions about what our crowd would respond to music-wise - we wanted everyone, young and old, up and dancing as much as possible - and in the moment, Steve and the rest of the band sensed the kind of music that was getting people onto the dance floor and made an effort to keep the energy up which was exactly what we wanted! Completely down to earth, laid back, but professional and fun! The Plaids are a must for a fun wedding!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Plaids played at our wedding back in September and there are just no words.....but amazing. All of the guys were professional but so fun. They made our wedding night. We received so many compliments on how fun our wedding was and I give all credit to those guys. Steve was so accommodating to all of my needs and wants and he made everything happen. He was quick to respond and be there from the very beginning of the booking process to the last song of the night. Worth every cent plus more! Love these guys! I wish I could do it all over again.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Ours wasn't a wedding, but a 50th birthday party. These guys were great. The had a great playlist of the 80s, but they have many other types of music to play. They were extremely fun and very professional. Our emails before the event were always answered quickly. I honestly hope they are still playing together when I am 55. I'll have the back!

Profile Picture User6443510, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

These guys are fantastic. From the quick email responses, to their great music, to the flexibility they offer - I definitely give them 5 stars. They traveled from NC to just outside of DC for our party at our home. They originally were going to be playing out in the backyard by the pool under the beautiful stars, but ended up being a 'garage' band while all the party-goers danced the night away in a tent pounded by the torrential downpour that decided to grace us on the day of our special event. They didn't skip a beat, were happy to perform in whatever circumstance, and it ended up being an AWESOME performance with tons of happy dancers! They played all the music we wanted to hear, sounded great (until they let my husband grab the mic and try to sing a song (haha!), and we are STILL the talk of the neighborhood for having such a wonderful party.

Profile Picture User6478738, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

I first heard The Plaids at a wedding show in Winston Salem. They were awesome!!! I knew I had to have them at my wedding. We ended having a small wedding and Steve worked with us to come and DJ for a few hours. We compiled a very detailed song list and he found every song! Music is a very important part and Steve delivered....5 Stars all day. Thanks again Steve. People are still talking about our wedding :)

Profile Picture User6952035, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They have a great variety of music to choose from to make everyone happy. I loved how they put together a slide show and brought lighting... it really added to the atmosphere!

Profile Picture User6614504, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Projector, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Plaids were wonderful! Especially Doug he was very responsive, friendly and made you feel comfortable. They made our wedding unforgettable! Very talented all of them. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Steve was great to work with -- and his band was flexible to our needs as a company. I highly suggest them ....

Profile Picture User7755272, 1+ year ago, 1 Review