The Pinnacle Center Reviews

The Pinnacle Center 2
The Pinnacle Center 3

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2018

4.2

Meal was great, venue was beautiful and accommodating. Perhaps having the same supervisor for rehearsal and wedding day would have helped with organization.

Sent on 08/27/2018

3.0

They are great at what they do! The whole night went great with great service! The video of the whole reception was sweet! Only bad thing is you can't have access to set up reception room until three hours before reception starts. That was hard because then the bride could not even see the room until the event started and could not help decorate.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Brittney · Married on 02/08/2014

3.0

Overall, my reception was great with the help of TPC. I would however, not recommend Gloria for an event coordinator for the night of. I really had to "push" her to keep things moving. Maybe it was just me though. Also, there was no cake knife ready for us on the table when we were introduced to go cut the cake.. even though we were "borrowing" theirs. Also, our last name was pronounced wrong TWICE (for us and my inlaws) even after repeating it several times to her before the introduction.They were very strict on rules. None of my guests could enter the doors before 6:00 even though it was a blizzard outside so a lot of guests arrived early. Also, Gloria was constantly reminding my parents and my grooms parents that we had to clean up and be out before midnight throughout the entire night. It was slightly disappointing and annoying for them.The DJ did a great job at taking requests from guests, the food was amazing as always. I would recommend TPC to friends but I would give them a few "heads up" before hand!

Sent on 03/08/2014

Shawna · Married on 10/24/2009

4.2

It IS worth the money for everything that is included. You dont realize how much coordination is involved until you get closer to your wedding. The pinnical includes so much of the coordinating details that it is well worth the rental fee. It sounds like a lot. I think the minimum was $7000 but that included the food, setup, lights, dancefloor, DJ, MC. All the other places will add additional costs for everything!!! Anywhere elso you would go you would maybe pay a couple grand less. But it's worth the stress you wont have because you dont have to set up etc, etc..

The only major thing that was missing was the take-down aspect. The vases had to be retured to the flower shop so we had to take the centerpieces apart. The pinaccle said we couldn't do it the next day because there was going to be church. Wouldn't flowers at church be good??? I think they should have included someone to help take down the flower arrangements at the end of the night. They did tell us ahead of time but we didn't realize how complicated and difficult our centerpieces would be to take down and it was hard work to get them apart at the end of the night and my parents got stuck doing it. The pinnacle should have included that in their fee. It's just something you dont really realize the issue until it's already there!

The music was great. The MC was lacking a little personality and it didn't seem very personable.

But besides that, the whole overall experience was great. Food was great, everything flowed perfect through the night. Huge venue! Very Happy overall.

Sent on 02/03/2010

4.2

During the planning process they were super attentive and flexible. However, omce they got their last payment they seemed not as friendly. Other than that everything went smoothly for the most part. They made my day a lot easier!

Sent on 09/05/2014

2.0

The reception was great! Food was fantastic and everything looked amazing! The service people were attentive and very nice too! Donna was a great planner and made it all work for us, sadly a couple things.

The DJ was just plain terrible. As a DJ myself (whom has played a wedding or two). The DJ clearly had no idea how to DJ. Songs were cut mid song, songs were not played, and even worse, if someone request a song, don't play 4 songs from that artist in a row! I was told during our planning to let the DJ keep the party going, I found myself telling the DJ to slow it down cause he keeps playing way too fast, not enough slow.

Lastly, our 'go to' person at the reception. She was great to us during reception, but I heard she was VERY UN-pleasent to my parents and my wife's parents before the reception. Telling them they had to leave MID-DECORATION! (which we were told we could do ourselves) This was never discussed during our planning. For the money that we paid for the place, I figured these two things would be more pleasing. There is more I could say about both, but I am limited to 2000 characters...also beware, they water down the drinks (which they can legally do, so don't be surprised)

Besides these two things, everything was great and we have received many compliments. I still recommend the Pinnacle Center, just beware of those 2 things.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Tami · Married on 07/18/2008

4.2

Overall, we were very happy with the services provided by the Pinnacle Center.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/17/2009

3.8
      3.0

The Pinnacle was amazing place for the reception, but make sure you specify exactly what music you want them to play. I gave a generic music to play and they played odd stuff I didn't even know. My cousin had her recpetion there and she gave a play list and that went much better than my reception. I have no other complants about the place, I would go back there again (I would just make sure to give a play list next time).

Sent on 01/05/2010

Ruth · Married on 08/08/2009

3.8

Food was very good.

Sent on 12/18/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2011

3.0

Although The Pinnacle Center pulled through on the day of my wedding, it was a rough road to plan for my reception. I dealt with an inconsistent shuffle of event planners, each one giving different information. This information proved to give me an extra 12 hour project the week before my wedding because of the annoying miscommunications.
    The Pinnacle Center is not flexible in many ways - they have the "It's our way or the highway" type of mentality, even when it comes to changing traditional events & dances.
    Value ----- ??? What value? A 1/4 barrel keg of Bud Light costs $110 and bottom shelf wine for $15/bottle!! Not that I had a major drinking crowd, but I certainly paid for it like I did! This was a rip off, considering we still had to pay a bartender fee on top of the sponsored bar price. Also - the cash bar option I attended at another friend's wedding $5 for a 16 oz Bud Light, and $5 for well Mixed drinks. Even though it was a cash bar, they provided the very bottom shelf liquors, as if they weren't charging enough.
    Besides the outrageous extras that cost so much (under-table lighting), they did not supply outdoor cocktail tables for my Fountain-side outdoor area as I requested and they confirmed.
    If you are paired up with a wedding planner named Ryan - REFUSE at any cost. He is very inconsistent and does not follow through.
    The pinnacle Center turned out to be a beautiful place to hold my reception - but I definitely PAID for it. $$$$ I wasn't looking for the cheap way out of anything for my whole event that day, but the overcharge of their services was beyond any I have ever dealt with before.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/06/2009

2.5

I would definitely recommend the Pinnacle, the venue is beautiful, however, the service was, as a first time bride, left to be a little wanting. For how much the venue costs we felt like there was no explanation for how things were going to go. We came into town to talk to our "wedding planner" thinking we would be discussing wedding details and getting the run down as to how things would go, as was told to us on the phone, but we ended up sitting down in the office going over a bill. We kind of felt left high and dry. This said, everyone was very kind.
    The day of the wedding went beautifully and people worked hard but it felt very informal. We had not met the two people who were doing our wedding and the man who ran it did not seem like he was having a good time at all. I understand these people have probably done a lot of weddings, but we haven't, and it would have been nice to be told how things were going to go and to meet who we would be working with during our wedding. We would have liked to feel like our business and our wedding was respected and to treat us that way. It wasn't like we were treated poorly or unkindly at all...more just that we were treated like "yep, another couple." If service was turned up just a notch, I would give this place 5 stars.

Sent on 12/19/2009

Tara · Married on 06/20/2009

2.0

I liked the Pinnacle for my reception, but I think its a little overpriced. I hate that there was a food minimum you had to purchase, and you could not include the alcohol. I also didn't like that you couldnt get in to do any kind of decorating until 2pm that day, which makes it hard since most weddings are in the afternoon! Overall though nice place and good food, and everything seems to go very smoothly throughout the event.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Stacey · Married on 08/15/2009

1.5

We had a great time - but felt very rushed when we got there. We ran into traffic on the way and ended up an hour late, the coordinator at the Pinnacle Center seemed annoyed. Then we found out they were not serving on the rocks drinks which we were never told of and they closed the bar when we weren't there - which we never asked them to do and annoyed many of our guests who had to wait because we were stuck in traffice.

Further, in the video of the night we received all of the good parts were cut out - none of the bridal dances were on it which was pretty much what we wanted it for.

Sent on 12/18/2009

Drew · Married on 07/21/2018

2.2
      0.5
      2.5

I loved the venue but security and management were horrible! They closed one of the open bars down so early forcing everyone over to 1 bar so the line was very long, very weak drinks, and the manager cut people off after 3 or 4 drinks. I have never seen a place so strict! Multiple complaints about how mean and unprofessional they were as well. Staff did fine but the management was terrible. I would recommend having a wedding reception somewhere else.

Sent on 07/21/2018