The Pictures Band Reviews

109 | Austin, TX

109 Reviews for The Pictures Band

Lori Danielson 路 Getting married on 01/02/2022

Great Experience

We hired The Pictures Band for the Longview Sesquicentennial Ball! They were great to work with and built their show around our many requests and different elements that we had happening throughout the night! They were also very interactive with our guests! Great entertainment!

Sent on 02/25/2020

The Pictures Band's reply:

Love your review Lori! Our new orchestra is so happy to be in such demand and we really try hard to make everything fit your vision, so that means the world to us! The dancing horns and entire band on the dancefloor seemed to be a big hit, so thanks for the compliment!!! Grateful for all your hard work at making it such a success as well!
  • Susan

Susan Ashcroft 路 Getting married on 02/10/2021

Incredible band in every way.

We have had the pleasure of experiencing The Pictures for all three of our daughter's weddings, the latest being 10/26/19 in Marfa, Texas. They were absolutely amazing once again - incredibly professional, fabulous musicians and absolutely spot on with timing and energy to get your party started and keeping it going until the very end. Our guests could have gone on another hour or two - the energy was fantastic and the dance floor was packed. We always feel like we have had a very professional, amazing band yet they don't dominate the night and make it all about them. You can count on them to deliver a top quality performance, learn special songs you want them to perform, and be punctual, look great - and are just so pleasant to work with. They get my highest possible recommendation.

Sent on 11/04/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Susan, It has been such an honor to perform for three of your children's weddings! They have all been so very unique and special! I can't wait for everyone to see the photos of the St George reception venue in Marfa! It was beyond anything I could have imagined! You are so wonderful to work with too and really have my fingers crossed your last child will choose us too! You chose such an awesome team of vendors. An all-star team that we had worked with a lil before but not exactly in this configuration and wow everyone really knocked it outta the park! Let me know when we can post photos ok? I understand this is likely to be in a national magazine! So congratulations on that too!!! And most of all, thank you for being you, Susan!!! :) Gratefully, Byron -The Pictures Band
  • Keith

Keith Timko 路 Married on 01/04/2020

Picture Perfect Band!

The Pictures were perfect for our wedding. They were incredibly easy to work with leading up to our wedding & were extremely patient in answering my questions & picking our set list. During the wedding, they crushed the set - the dance floor was full all night and multiple guests came up during/after to tell us how impressed they were with the band. If you need a band for your wedding, The Pictures are definitely the way to go!

Sent on 04/28/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

AWESOME! That means so much to all of the band, because each area you mentioned is so important. I am so happy that you were pleased!!! I have seen your honeymoon pics posted and looks like so much fun! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.It means the world to us! :)
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Woolf 路 Married on 11/03/2019

Amazing!!!!

If you're looking for a wedding band that ALL of your guests will absolutely love, go with The Pictures!! Every song they played was amazing and kept us on the dance floor all night! They had such a great vibe and were so fun on stage! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/23/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank you so very much Cheryl! We had never performed at Luckenbach and had such a great time with you all! It looked like everyone really enjoyed 馃暫 馃拑 it was also really nice getting to know you along the process, so congratulations again! We are so grateful you chose us! Byron and The Pictures Band

Dez 路 Married on 10/25/2019

They were fun and entertaining, great quality sound!

The band was very responsive. They put on an awesome show. My family and friends absolutely loved them and asked countless times how did we find such a quality band. They made my wedding day even more special!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Congratulations again and Thank You Dez! So special getting to know yall through this process and I am so happy to hear you liked what we did. The band tries to be so interactive throughout the night! It was our first time at your venue, so that was also fun! Your dad, Gilbert, is a really awesome man that was a delight dealing with throughout this year too. I am very appreciative of your taking the time to do this review!!! This is what we do full-time so it means so very much to us to make your day more special!!!! Thanks again - Byron and TPB

Vivian 路 Married on 10/13/2019

Look No Further They are the BEST

If you are questioning what band to hire, look no further! This is the BEST wedding, or bar or bat mitzvah band I have ever heard. No one was sitting and I cannot count how many people came up to me and told me this was the best band they ever heard at a wedding or big event. They learned Tupelo Honey for my husband to dance with his daughter and they played Havan Nagilla for a hora and chair dance. They worked around a timing mess up by the caterer. I was worried and went to Byron and apologized and he held my hands and looked into my eyes and said, "Do not worry, we are here for you" and the rest was history! When I say I have heard great bands, I am talking about 12 piece bands in NYC and Philly and this Austin band knocked their socks off! Like I said, look no further. A band of this quality makes the party really great! My daughter, the bride, and the groom wanted a DJ and I had to convince them, and after this party, they said that was the best decision. Even though the bride heard them before, she also said they exceeded her expectations!

Sent on 10/16/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

I literally have tears in my eyes reading this. It means the world to me to make your reception the best ever and it looks like it happened!!!! We worked on this for about a yr and it feels like we became good friends along the way. Hopefully, things can go smoothly and it is so easy and fun. Things often can change in the course of the evening tho and our experience really helps us to adjust and stay on course to make it a success for you and your guests. The band prides itself on handling most anything and we all enjoy a successful result, so everyone is happy! We enjoy doing the horas at Jewish weddings because there is such joy that crescendos w the momentum creating such fun and wonderful memories! We are often asked the difference in a DJ or our band and the answer is always the interactive entertaining energy that is just not quite the same otherwise :) The horns/singers all have such fun going out into the crowd/dance floor and interacting with everyone so they all enjoy the evening! Thank You Vivian again for having us! I really enjoyed getting to know you and Simone along the way!!!! Gratefully- Byron and THE PICTURES BAND
  • Ashley

Ashley Rosenberg 路 Married on 09/11/2019

Better than I could have imagined!

Holy ever loving wow! I am so glad that we had The Pictures Band perform for our wedding reception. From initial communication, they were so easy to work with and always responsive to questions. We gave them a pretty intense 'do not play' list (literally included the top 3 most popular wedding reception songs) and they steered clear - and no one missed them! They have so much talent; each member of the band brought their all and made the night such a blast. They hit the songs that I was dying to dance to at my wedding, kept the energy up and the dance floor full! (we rented a dance floor based on the recommended size for our guest list and we probably should have gone one size up with how many people were dancing for most of the night!) Would add stars if I could! They really helped make our night unique, special, and so much fun! Even our guests have commented about how great they were and how they were too busy on the dance floor, enjoying themselves instead of out at the photo booth or taking their own pictures.

Sent on 11/16/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Fantastic review Ashley! We are so grateful you chose us as your band! You were also a dream to work with and everything went so smoothly. We love performing at Beth Yeshurun too! Your dad, Greg, was also great to work with and I hope he was happy as well! I hope we get to see you at another event down the road if maybe a bridal party person gets married and considers having us! Congratulations again Ashley and Mitch! Thanks again!- Byron and The Pictures Band

Hayley 路 Married on 08/24/2019

AMAZING, affordable band

Everyone loved The Pictures Band at our wedding! They really know what they are doing. Byron is great to work with too!

Sent on 09/05/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

You are Amazing! THE PICTURES BAND sure does appreciate your review and everyone had such a blast! It is our passion to give you the best every time and I personally do my best to give you a smooth and easy process and then blow the roof off when we perform! :) Very much appreciate you Hayley!!!- Byron and THE PICTURES BAND
  • Tonya

Tonya Mccall 路 Married on 07/27/2019

The perfect wedding band!

The Pictures Band performed for our son's wedding in August 2018 in Fort Worth and again for our daughter's wedding in July, 2019 in Dallas and they were just amazing! The band had every single guest on the dance floor as they really know how to read the crowd. They kept the crowd moving as the singers came down on the dance floor to sing and lead dances and a conga line! Hands down, the best wedding and event band we have ever seen! We would recommend them for any event that requires a great band and entertainment.

Sent on 08/05/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank you so much, Tonya, for this Fantastic review! Did you notice you did the 100th review, so that is extra Awesomeness!!! :) The entire band said to me how much they enjoyed the reception and said Thank You for having us! The goal for us is to make sure more people are on the dance floor than in chairs and so thanks for noticing the entire dance floor was completely full! Also, they really enjoy being interactive and dancing with the crowd out on the dance floor and all sorts of FUN! We did win the Best Wedding Band in Austin award and so Best Dallas wedding band is next! :) Thank you so much and Congratulations again!

Susan Grieger (Bride Is Ashton) 路 Married on 07/06/2019

Great band

If you are looking for a band with a lot of energy, knows how to get everyone on the dance floor and engages with the audience The Pictures Band is the band for you. There was not a single song during the four hours they played where the dance floor was not packed!!! During several of the songs the band members found their way onto the dance floor to sing and dance with the audience as they played their instruments. This was the best party we have ever given and The Pictures Band was a huge part of the success. They were very accommodating with song requests and at the last minute were able to provide a sound system for the wedding ceremony. They were also quick to respond to any questions we might have. We will definitely book them again!

Sent on 07/08/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank you Susan! I know being the Mother of the bride keeps you so very busy, so I am really so pleased you all were so happy with our performance and the entire process. It was wonderful getting to know Daryl and Ashton as well and all made for such a lovely wedding day! Congratulations again and look forward to the next one! We now have a new super interactive horn section that really brings the party too and so consider them on the next one, if that sounds Fun to you all!!! Thank You! - Byron and THE PICTURES BAND

Gina A 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Terrific...

I don鈥檛 usually write reviews, but I couldn鈥檛 pass up the chance to sing the praises of The Pictures Band from Austin, Texas. They played for my son鈥檚 wedding, and they were fabulous!...Our guests loved them! The music was great, and they engaged the crowd and had them dancing all night. I can鈥檛 say enough about their politeness, punctuality, professionalism and attention to detail. Byron was the person I contacted, and he made the process so smooth and easy. This is the band to book!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Wow, wow, wow Gina! Thank you so very much for your review from this last weekend! I want to also thank you for taking the time to speak on the phone about just what you wanted because it really helps to get a better sense of your vision (recipe). The reception was such a Blast! Congratulations again and hope we get to see you again if maybe a bridesmaid /groomsman gets married and has us too :) Thank You! - Byron THE PICTURES BAND

Amanda Moore 路 Married on 06/22/2019

Great energy! Best night ever!

What a pleasure it was to have The Pictures Band play at our wedding. Everyone kept asking...where did you find this band?!...and I really want to hire them too! The dance floor stayed packed the whole night! They are so incredibly talented and even learned two songs just for us that were not on their lists. It brought the whole house down in tears as they sang 鈥淵ou Should Be Here鈥 by Cole Swindel and I danced with my mom (honoring my late father). It was exactly how I pictured it and so memorable for both of us. We even were so lucky to have them play a song just for me and my husband at the end to dance to while the place shut down and guests left to go outside for the send off. I will always cherish that peaceful and loving moment with my spouse. All I鈥檓 saying is basically you would be foolish not to use The Pictures Band at your event!! They really are the best I鈥檝e ever seen! (And I鈥檝e been to and in a lot of weddings). We loved you guys and can鈥檛 wait to see you play again :)

Sent on 07/12/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

OMG Thank You So Much Amanda! I will never forget your story and the entire band was in tears as we played that song for you and your mother (such an incredibly touching song). Then the roof came off with the high energy music and wow were your guests ready to party!!! = Awesome! Really grateful for yall hiring us and having the faith in us to make it all happen for you! Glad you liked some of the behind the scenes pics I sent too :)
    Thank You!- Byron and THE PICTURES BAND

Randy Knox 路 Married on 06/21/2019

Awesome Wedding Band!!!

THE PICTURES BAND is AWESOME!!!!!! Byron is super to deal with. Basically, anything and everything you want them to play, they will. The HORNS are fantastic, vocals the same and the interaction and participation the band has with all the peeps on the dance floor is sooooo fun....they definitely get the PARTY STARTED!!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Over the Moon with your nice review Randy! Thank you and it was such a pleasure working with you along the way. The phone calls really allowed us to understand details that emails can just not always describe sufficiently and it was great to get to know yall better too. The Horns and guitar, bass and singers love to go out on the floor as you saw and they really enjoy interacting and having fun with everyone! The horns are relatively new and are a 'hoot' w all their dancing and stage antics!!! Grateful for you having us! Maybe a bridesmaid/groomsman will want us too, so we can see ya again :) Byron and THE PICTURES BAND

Tracy Autrey 路 Married on 06/15/2019

Outstanding

The band was outstanding!!! I wish we lived in Austin so they could entertain at more of our events. They helped make our night magical!

Sent on 06/18/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank You So Much! It was so exciting and wonderful getting to perform for yall and get to know yall over this process. Yea, we wish you lived closer to Austin too and see the band more, but maybe a bridesmaid/groomsmen will get married and want to have us and we can see yall again!!! Do yall have holiday parties? We do Chevron every year! I guess where there's a will there's a way! ha! Anyway, we are so Grateful/Appreciative for you having us! Thanks again!
    Byron and THE PICTURES BAND
  • Sue

Sue Brown 路 Married on 06/04/2019

Excellent!

We hired the Pictures Band for our daughter's wedding in April 2019 in San Antonio. They were fantastic! I have had so many of our guests tell us how good the band was. The dance floor was full all night long. I highly recommend the Pictures Band!!

Sent on 04/19/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Awesome review Sue! Everything from The beautiful Mays family center at the Witte, efficient Robin Waters to the lovely interaction with you and Jeff, the band was so honored to perform for you all!!!! Thank You 鉂わ笍鉂わ笍馃榾馃檹猸愶笍猸愶笍猸愶笍猸愶笍猸愶笍猸愶笍

Amy M 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing band! So much fun!

We couldn鈥檛 have been happier. Amazing musicians. Great entertainers. Very attune to what we wanted and to the crowd. Can鈥檛 say enough good things! And our crowd was very eclectic and we had a broad age range. Everyone had fun and commented about how great they were!

Sent on 05/20/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Oh my Gosh Amy What a Blast! You said it! There were every age and yet All were on the dance floor! The Horns said they had a great time in the crowd entertaining with the Singers too! Your story is Amazing!!! It is lovely how one wedding can lead to the next wedding and I am grateful for Ed's help with us getting connected! Congratulations again you and Steve Martin! :)

John Farr 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Father of the Bride

Working with Byron and The Pictures Band was a complete pleasure Celebrating the wedding of our daughter and son-in-law, they had the dance floor packed and ended the final set with cries of "just one more" from the predominantly 20-something crowd. The Band provided a Jazz trio for the cocktail portion of the night followed by the full Band with dinner music and then later with dance music 鈥 they learned two special request songs on relatively short notice, adding to their already extensive playlist. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Sara

Sara 路 Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic Band!

Our guests are still talking about how good this band was at our wedding reception. Also the BEST to work with and plan! They performed perfectly from dinner through dancing, and really kept the party going the entire night. I鈥檝e also attended other parties where they鈥檝e performed and they are consistently awesomely accomplished performers.

Sent on 01/17/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

That was so Fun and Memorable! Thank You Sara for such a nice review! It means the world to us hoping we did a good job for you and to find out we did. It was such a pleasure! Maybe a friend or family will be getting married soon, so we might get to see you again?! :)
    Much appreciation!
    Byron and The Pictures Band
  • Debby

Debby Woods 路 Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely amazing! Perfect band for a wedding reception!

I am the mother of the groom. The Pictures Band was absolutely amazing. We would hire them again in a heart beat. There were a couple of songs requested by the bride and groom a few weeks before the wedding, for the first dance, mother and son dance and bride and dad dance and the band practiced them to make sure they sounded perfect. And they did. Their music was perfect for both parents in their 50鈥檚 and 60鈥檚 as well as the younger crowd in their 20鈥檚. Their voices were amazing too. All of my friends and family commented to me at how much they enjoyed the band. They not only had guitars, drums and a few singers, they also had a trombone and a trumpet. They even went into the crowd to get people dancing and participating. Bottom line, you will not go wrong if you hire them. They are AWESOME!! PS - We also rented a stage for the band for around $750. It was a nice addition.

Sent on 06/03/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

OMG Thank You! So Much Debby! It has been an honor getting to know your family throughout the process and has been so very enjoyable. Heather and Josh and I have communicated back and forth to where it feels we are all good friends now. The band's aim is to keep all ages on the dance floor and love the reviews saying as much! Everyone but me, the drummer, can now go out in the crowd and interact and have fun with everyone. So proud to have truly world-class talent in the band and deeply appreciate the compliments. Hope a bride's maid/groomsman has us too, so we might get to see you all again! Thank You! Byron THE PICTURES BAND

Josh Woods 路 Married on 05/04/2019

The Pictures Band Wedding Review

The Pictures Band played at our wedding in Austin, Tx on May 4, 2019. They were incredible and absolutely bring the energy. They played a wide range of songs and did a great job of "reading the room." The last set was unbelievable; everyone was dancing, singing, and jumping around to the music. We also had a stage, which very much enhanced the experience (highly recommend getting one). Byron Smith was also a pleasure to work with and met our every need. I couldn't recommend this band more!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Hi Josh and Wow, I sure do appreciate that excellent review! It was a pleasure getting to know yall along the way (understanding your vision and preferences) and made for such an awesome reception! Love the video where they lifted you way up in the air to one of the high energy songs! Please say hi to everyone and how grateful we are to have been your band! Thank You!, Byron and THE PICTURES BAND

Eric 路 Married on 04/26/2019

Wedding Professionals with Outstanding Sound Quality

The Pictures Band did an amazing job at our wedding at the Wildflower Center in S Austin. They worked hard to get all their equipment setup during the tight window provided by the venue. When it was their time to shine, shine they did. Excellent sound quality, so much so that many guests asked, "Where did you find these guys?" as if The Pictures Band was a famous band passing through Austin on tour and I just talked them into showing up at the wedding somehow. Also, I can't say enough how important it is that they play so many Central TX weddings. Their experience is helpful as they've played most popular wedding venues numerous times and have a sense for when to play what types of music during different times of the event. Lastly, they are responsive and easy to book.

I checked out many bands live before making the decision to hire The Pictures Band. Glad I put the time in. It was a magical night that I'll never forget, and they made a wonderful contribution!

Sent on 05/02/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Wow Thank You So Much Eric for such a thorough and wonderful review! This is our only job and we take it seriously to give you the very best possible experience we can. Everyone in the band is so grateful and appreciative that you took the time to do a review! Congratulations again and you were so nice to work with as well!
  • Merilee

Merilee Barrios 路 Married on 04/20/2019

Beyond AMAZING Wedding Band!

The Pictures Band was everything I had imagined for my wedding and SO MUCH MORE! They were extremely responsive and made me feel like their number one priority! They were able to learn a brand new song for our first dance! They played a little bit of everything which was so wonderful since a wedding crowd generally has a mixture of different ages! We received so many compliments after our wedding!! You will NOT be disappointed! The Pictures Band is the only band to choose for your wedding!

Sent on 05/30/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank you so much, Merilee!!! You were a dream to work with and everyone really had such a Great time! My goal is to help in every way possible make your vision come true and getting a Beautiful review like this helps explain why we chose this career, so Thank you and Congratulations again on your Special Day!!!!

Robert Street 路 Married on 03/23/2019

Best party ever!

The Pictured Band will be something that we will remember forever! They are so incredibly talented, super fun, and had our entire reception dancing until the last second--if I could have, I would have easily paid for them to keep playing all night. Absolutely incredible experience and worth every penny. I look forward to friends booking them in the future so I can attend more of their events!

Sent on 04/04/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

FANTASTIC! We are so overjoyed that yall had such a great time! The band was commenting on how much energy was coming back to us and bouncing all over the room! You two were great to work with as well. Everything went smoothly and was perfect from our stand point as well! We really try to go the extra mile and follow your vision for what makes your reception most FUN!!!!! Thank You!
    Byron and THE PICTURES BAND

Diego Palacios 路 Married on 02/11/2019

Highly recommend!

We had the pleasure of booking The Pictures Band for our wedding reception on November 2 in Brook Hollow Golf Club. We had a pleasant experience on the days leading up to the event. Byron was great to work with as he and the band ensured specific songs were played for us and ensured the order of play fit our schedule. The band was fun, energetic, and most importantly highly professional! If you're looking for a great cover band that will deliver, go with The Pictures Band!

Sent on 11/15/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

Thank You So Much Diego! What a fairytale wedding you had! It was great communicating with yall all way thru the process and up to your wedding date. We are so happy you were pleased with the band's results! Most of the band now are able to go out and have fun with you on the dance floor and interact with you and your guests! I will post some photos I took from the drums w iPhone and hope you enjoy what I was able to take from the stage perspective! Grateful that you chose us! _ Byron THE PICTURES BAND

Robin Bodkin 路 Married on 02/02/2019

My daughters wedding

The Pictures Bamd was amazing! Great to work with and brought their 鈥楢鈥 game to the wedding reception. We got so many compliments on the music and people had so much fun dancing! I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 02/05/2019

The Pictures Band's reply:

YAY!!! That was FUN!!! Thank You! Robin for the Awesome compliments! I even had your friend that was at the reception contact me today about booking the band for their daughter's wedding reception, so 'proof in the pudding' :) Very Grateful to you and your family!