The Pick Inn Reviews

The Pick Inn 5
The Pick Inn 6
The Pick Inn 7

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue could not be more perfect for a rustic style wedding. Everything you need for a perfect day is all in one place. The staff is amazing and cater to every need you may have. Our day was a dream and we could not be more thankful for the wonderful staff who helped us make our dream a reality. Would highly recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 10/04/2016

We couldn't have been happier with our venue choice! The pick inn has amazing views and an amazing team!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Sherry · Married on 06/18/2016

Absolutely wonderful! Amanda was sooooo professional & helpful! Very friendly & sweet, and always ready to assist!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Alicia · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married at the pick inn last october. We had attended a wedding of a friend a few years before and so when he popped the question, we immediately knew where we wanted to get married. This venue is amazing for anyone who is looking for that rustic yet elegant place to have their wedding. It is so quiet and we'll maintained. We love love love this venue and would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 02/10/2016

David · Married on 10/04/2014

This property is beautiful and the new owners are great. They are very professional and there to help you during your event.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Cassandra · Married on 09/20/2014

Joy and The Pick Inn were a dream come true. Everything turned out beautifully. I was constantly being told by my guests how beautiful the location was. Not only was the location spectacular, but it was such an easy process. They are very good to work with and are very flexible. I recommend them to anyone wanting a simple, country wedding. It's the perfect setting and they provide a lot of amenities for you.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/07/2014

My husband and I were married here June 2014 and loved it! The venue was perfectly priced and could fit the 250+ amount of people we were expecting and without having to share chairs between the ceremony and the reception! The venue is easy to get to while still having seclusion, plenty of parking without being in pictures, variety of places to take photos (barn, swing, lake, etc.), and excellent staff. The Pick Inn also covered many details like a plan for bad weather, places to get ready the day of, even down to tablecloths! We loved the overall welcoming, homey feel of The Pick Inn too! I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding!

Sent on 12/21/2015
  • Daniell

Daniell · Married on 10/29/2011

The Pick Inn was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. It had everything we needed for a medium sized outdoor wedding, from a covered outdoor pavilion with closeable side panels and space heaters, a house for the bridal party to use encompassing 2 floors and a 'Man Cave', and the most beautiful location in TN! We wanted an outdoor location for both the wedding and reception that was affordable and worked with our schedule.

Also all chairs, tables, and tablecloths are provided, really saving on stress and money for rentals. The scenery was gorgeous for our October wedding, and the deer were an added bonus!

If you're looking for an affordable, beautiful, outdoor location, with flexible owners, I would strongly recommend The Pick Inn. They worked with us when there were scheduling conflicts and they were a dream to work with.You won't find a better deal on an outdoor venue in middle TN.

Sent on 01/21/2012

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you Danielle & Joseph.
    We loved your great costumes;
    so much fun on Halloween weekend!

Laura · Married on 04/16/2011

We decided to get married at the Pick Inn because of its stunningly beautiful location. The hills surrounding the place and the big old trees are gorgeous. We had planned to have our ceremony outside but it was unusually cold that day, so there was a last-minute decision to set up everything under the pavilion. The Pick Inn crew had it set up in no time, and it looked phenomenal--rustic-style ceilings, paper lanterns and twinkling lights everywhere. Joy McReynolds, the co-owner of the Pick Inn, had nice and toasty heat lamps ready to go, so no one noticed it was chilly outside. Everyone had a ball.

Joy and her team couldn't have been more accommodating. She went out of her way to make sure our guests (and us) were happy and taken care of. Her husband, Jesse McReynolds (the legendary bluegrass picker) actually came by and played at the reception a little bit--we were thrilled and all of our out-of-town guests had a genuine Tennessee night.

I recommend the Pick Inn to everyone. It's a beautiful place run by the nicest people you'll meet.

Sent on 05/06/2011

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you Laura and Chris! You were a blessing and we loved having you. :)
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 11/06/2010

My husband and I got engaged and married at The Pick Inn, it was absolutely an incredible experiance.The Pick Inn made for a gorgeous rustic romantic back drop for our dream wedding. The location is breathtaking and very serine. The price is well worth the accommodations and personal service that both Joy and Jesse provide. I would recommend this venue to any bride who wants a serine, quiet and very personal outdoor wedding. It was the perfect location for our magical day!!!

Sent on 01/28/2011

The Pick Inn's reply:

From your husband's thoughtful engagement proposal under the gazebo to your great talent at wedding planning and decorating, you guys were amazing and so wonderful to have at the Pick Inn!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2010

The quality and value of the service I got at The Pick Inn was far above and beyond what I could have asked. Not only is the site beautiful, but Joy and her workers were there to make sure everything was ready for my family and friends in time. Joy is very thoughtful and sweet. The staff work really hard to keep the facility well kept including the nature and animals. Joy and her husband even left my husband a few gifts that we did not expect to be included. Thanks Joy for all the hard work and the kindness you showed my entire wedding party and family!

Also, something to keep in mind is that this location is an outdoor wedding venue. Considering that I grew up in this area of TN, I would not plan to have an outdoor wedding in the middle of the summer. It can get extremely hot and humid. It could mean a pretty uncomfortable experience for those who were invited to the wedding. My husband and I had our wedding at the end of the summer in early September. The weather was perfect. The flowers on the bushes were beautiful, butterflies were flying around, deer and wild birds were wondering around out in the distance. I could not have asked God for a more beautiful and relaxed wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2012

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you Liz & Nate! It was a blessing to have you.

Lisa · Married on 05/22/2010

There aren't enough wonderful things to say about Joy and Jesse McReynolds and The Pick Inn! This was the first hit I got when I searched Nashville wedding venues, and though I looked at a few others, something about this one kept pulling me back, and I am so glad that it did!

I wanted my wedding to be warm and welcoming, and those two qualities are inherent in The Pick Inn. Everything about the Inn--the lushly beautiful countryside, the wildlife that roam freely and without fear, the rustic but elegant chalet, the glow of tealights in the mason jars hanging from the trees next to the pavilion--will charm and enchant your guests and invite them to relax, celebrate, and enjoy your special day.

If you're practical and wondering about the cost, I can tell you that you won't get a better bargain. The Pick Inn is so affordable in comparison to other venues that you will be astonished at what you will be getting for that price.

Joy McReynolds is an absolute angel and remains our favorite vendor and the most dependable one with whom we dealt! I never had any trouble getting in touch with Joy and she was so flexible and willing to help. We actually needed to have some of the wedding photos of my husband and I re-taken (6 months later!) and she was sweet enough to let us use the venue again for a couple of hours in order to do that.

Do yourself a favor--check out The Pick Inn and make sure you call Joy and actually visit the site in person. The photographs are good but they don't do it justice--it's impossible to capture the magic of the Inn in a picture! Some people might dismiss The Pick Inn as a wedding venue, but those of us who have fallen under its spell know how priceless a treasure we have discovered!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Stephanie · Married on 04/10/2010

This is a beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding! Joy was wonderful to work with and so helpful and accommodating.

Sent on 04/28/2010

Mandi · Married on 03/20/2010

The Pick Inn is a lovely spot to have your wedding! It captures nature and beauty all in one gorgeous setting! Joy was so fabulous to work with! For the price, you're getting an entire weekend... giving you plenty of time to set up/take down without having to rush! It was an excellent find and I would recommend it to ANYONE looking for a lovely outdoor site!

Sent on 04/23/2010

Katherine · Married on 10/31/2009

If you are looking for that perfect spot for an outdoor wedding that is affordable, with many amenities, look no further, because the Pick Inn is Nashville's best kept secret. The Pick Inn offers a secluded location that our guests absolutely fell in love with. Set on a hill, the views of the surrounding hills and lake are beautiful. During the ceremony, a couple of deer came out of the woods in the background as if on cue. A huge covered pavillion was the perfect setting for the reception. The festive lights in the pavillion, the candlelit mason jars hanging from the trees all added to the intimate, cozy atmosphere. Another wonderful benefit about the Pick Inn is the log home where you can stay and allow yourself some time to relax before and after the wedding. Joy McReynolds provides excellent service with attention to detail, and will make your experience a very positive, joyful one. She genuinely wanted us to have a good experience and was very accomodating in every way. Thank you to the Pick Inn for creating a wonderful memory for our family and guests!

Sent on 11/19/2009

Laura · Married on 06/20/2009

My husband and I had our wedding at The Pick Inn in June of 2009. Joy was such a pleasure to work with. She helped with anything that we needed and provided so many 'little things' that other places would charge a lot for. The area is truley beautiful and full of wildlife that it was the perfect backdrop for a summer wedding. Across the street is a state park where we took a lot of pictures on their covered briges that turned out great! We stayed in the cabin on the property and it was so quiet and peaceful we didn't want to leave at the end of the weekend. I have been to many weddings where they charge by the hour for the site and have never seen one come to close to the value and beauty of The Pick Inn- I would recommend it to anyone, wheather they are having a large or small wedding, who wants a gorgeous wedding at a great price!!

Sent on 01/04/2010

Gwen · Married on 08/03/2013

I loved The Pick Inn. Joy was absolutely amazing at a stressful time. We loved it so much we wish we could do that every weekend. :)

Sent on 09/24/2013

Ashley Santiago · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing everything!

This venue is absolutely beautiful. With the rolling hills and the trees and wildlife all around we couldnt have picked a better venue. The staff there is also amazing. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Anything we needed they were there to help us. I would recommend Amanda and this venue a million times over!! Thank you for making our wedding such a special day!

Sent on 12/31/2018

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! We loved celebrating with you and Cody, and working with you and your family!

Rheanna · Married on 09/28/2018

Overall great experience

Choosing a wedding venue is one of the most important (and overwhelming!) wedding-related decisions you will make. The Pick Inn was the second venue we toured, and we knew, almost instantly, that we wanted to get married there. The next day, we canceled all pending tours. The venue is absolutely beautiful—from the expansive grounds to the bridal/groom suites and reception area. And the available packages allow you to customize your experience based on your needs, wants, and budget. We wanted to do as little as possible, and The Pick Inn made it easy for us to do that (our package included catering, flowers, and DJ). The biggest deciding factor for us, though, was Amanda. She is sweet, knowledgeable, approachable, responsive, and ultra-organized (I was especially thankful for her detailed, 5-page timeline and ceremony/reception layouts, as they allowed me to really visualize the day in advance). Even though she was supposed to be our day-of coordinator only, she was available throughout the process to answer any questions and communicate with vendors. When my parents decided, a week or two before the wedding, that we NEEDED to have china, Amanda made it happen. On the day of the wedding, Amanda and her staff helped my mom put together the garland for the arbor. We were also able to avoid a potential flower-related crisis (we were 1 bridesmaid bouquet short due to addition of a bridesmaid post-floral consult) due to Amanda’s effective communication and problem-solving skills—and Brown’s Florists’ willingness to put together and rush deliver another bouquet (all of which were so gorgeous!). Knowing that Amanda and her staff were taking care of all the details, including set-up and tear down of the ceremony and reception areas, minimized my anxiety and really allowed me to be in the moment and enjoy one of the best days of my life.

Sent on 12/19/2018

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you so much, Rheanna! You are so sweet - we loved celebrating you and Scott! Your color scheme was one of our favorites of the whole year!

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

We had an amazing experience with the Pick Inn and their staff. Amanda stayed on top of everything, and my wedding day was flawless!

Sent on 08/05/2017

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank You, Lindsey! We enjoyed having you!

Melanie · Married on 09/27/2014

Joy was such a pleasure to work with. We didn't have any issues on site and she was very helpful in the entire process. It was a perfect day with the most beautiful site. I would recommend this location to any bride. Once you see it and what all comes with her package, you won't go any where else. We not only got a venue out of it but it included reception space, getting ready house, free parking, bartender, tables, chairs, and more.

Sent on 03/12/2015

The Pick Inn's reply:

Thank you Melanie. We loved having you! May God bless you and your marriage and in your lives together.

tammie · Married on 05/24/2014

My daughter had her wedding at the Pick Inn in gallatin tn. After months of trying to find the perfect spot, I found this place. She offered everything we needed, and Mrs. Joy was a dear heart to work with. Little things as mother of the bride that I worried over.....Joy took care of it. She went above and beyond to get anything for us* its a beautiful place that she takes care of and puts 110 percent in to what she does***

Sent on 05/29/2014

S · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I were married at the Pick Inn Sept 17th of this year. Joy is a pleasure to work with!! She is super flexible and willing to do just about anything she can to help you out. I would and have recommended her to friends whenever I can.

Sent on 10/08/2011

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

We loved our wedding events here at The Pick Inn. It was a gorgeous spot, and all of our guests complimented the views. Many of the decorations were included (i.e. Twinkle lights, table cloths, tables and chairs). This was super helpful to have included not only in the price but just in the venue so we didn't have to reach out to another vendor.

Disclaimer: There were 3's on professionalism and flexibility based on the ownership at this time. Joy was amazing, but she stuck to her rules and forgot conversations had, etc. There is new ownership in a woman (Amanda) who was also married at the Pick Inn. Through conversations with her, I am confident that if you have your wedding here you won't be able to give anything but perfect 5's all around.

Sent on 12/15/2015

0.0

If there was a negative chart, the owner would fall into this chart. The property is a beautiful place, though the owner is frightful, overwehming and very ccondescending.
    I have had the experience of planning a wedding. I was told about the Pick Inn, a beautiful venue for a wedding, which it is. Though, the owner of the venue is less than beautiful to work with on the execution of this wedding. I have planned a wedding before, though, I have never had the restrictions that were imposed with no flexibility than I had at the Pick Inn. I would rather have had it at the state prison; we would have probably had fewer rules than the Pick Inn.
    We arranged to have the rehearsal at the Pick Inn with dinner to follow on Friday, which we did. We were allowed to come at 2:00 to set up, no exception, and 2:05 the gate opened, even after we requested to come earlier, due to the weather and transporting the wedding décor, etc. Once we arrived, the rules started. We carried in kegs of beer, ice, wine, flowers, table arrangements and much more. Needless to say we were thirsty after a bit, so we tapped a keg. You would have thought we lit a nuclear bomb; the owner was all over us... “I didn’t know there was going to be alcohol at the rehearsal” and so on and so forth. Now you must realize we only had 15 people there helping with the decorating, which only 5 were even trying to drink a beer and one was abc certified. It didn’t stop there; she was lurking around and commenting on everything we did. We transported the bottle water and beer 3 times into 3 different bins, because of one of her rules or another. " The cake stand is too heavy for that table, put the the drinks over there, you can’t cut the flowers here, I don’t want you to put the stems down the drain, (really), no water beads, but sparklers are ok"….she acted like we were 10 years old and were there to trash her place.
    to be cont'd

Sent on 05/21/2013

The Pick Inn's reply:

The Pick Inn is now under New Ownership as of 1/1/2016. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your time there. Feel free to get in touch with us, we would love to have you out to the property again to see all the new changes.