33 Reviews for The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio

Wheelchair Access (2)
Outside Cake (1)
Valet (1)
33 The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio Reviews

The event coordinator and staff at The Phoenix were excellent. No request was too much and the attention to detail was great. The day of execution was flawless.

Profile Picture mary, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about this venue and its staff. Lauren Melloan in particular single-handedly made our wedding day with her attention to detail and grace under pressure.

We had so many compliments from our guests on the food, the beauty of the venue and the attentiveness of the staff. Working with Lauren and The Phoenix was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process.

Profile Picture Anne, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Chairs

Every bride looking for a reception venue needs to check out The Phoenix! Lauren went out of her way to ensure my reception was everything I wanted and then some.

Profile Picture Becky, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs

We had a wonderful Wedding Saturday, 9/9 for the new Mr. and Mrs. Inman!! Our Phoenix Coordinator, Lauren Melloan was exceptional!  She nailed every detail, answered our many, many questions leading up to the wedding almost always within minutes!  During the preparation for the day of the event and during the event she handled every detail perfectly!  We had exceptional support from the beginning contract stage and all of the details for the wedding. The staff during the Wedding did an exceptional job.  They also helped us pack all of our event items and get them quickly out to our cars.
In addition, one of the most important things is all night we heard how beautiful the venue was and several comments that it was the best wedding they had attended!  We also had many comments about how great the food was. That means a lot to us as we tried to plan a dream wedding! Thanks to The Phoenix! We highly recommend you!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hope whoever plans a wedding in Cincinnati Ohio gives great consideration to ThrPhoenix! I cannot tell you enough..... from the planning help, the video team, the food, The photographer, the music, the special bar and late night food set up, it was all perfect. My thanks to every person at the Phoenix who made a special day so memorable and perfect!

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We went with the Phoenix because the food was seriously some of the best food that we have ever had. It was so good that it was worth paying more for, no doubt. Usually, we go with the cheaper options, but this was one splurge that we went for and it was such a great decision - it was not even that much more expensive than our other options.

We loved that the meal was plated too, because that saved us time at the wedding because we did not have buffet lines to worry about. We had salad, bread, and either a roasted chicken dish or vegetarian eggplant lasagna or a chicken finger kid's meal option that were all so good! We also had a cheese board spread during the cocktail hour. On the wedding day, we (the wedding party) were even brought a cheese platter to munch on before the ceremony began - it was so nice! Then, during the wedding night, the staff were great about serving me and my husband first (and they made sure we ate and had plenty of drinks too) and they also served us our pieces of cake first too. Laura Frecking, who helped us get booked with the Phoenix, was especially so nice and helpful - we highly recommend her!

We used this caterer as they were 1 of 4 options that we had to choose from at our venue (Newport Aquarium). Like I said, they were not the cheapest (they were also not the most expensive), but they had the best tasting food. We had 160 guests and we chose a cheaper menu option and it cost us around $6,700 for the food, linens, plates/glasses, and service.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used the Phoenix for off-site catering for our Sunday brunch wedding at Rhinegeist Brewery. We got in touch with them about six weeks before our wedding, after we had to fire our previous caterer. Needless to say, we were stressed about finding someone new in such a short time-frame — especially since we don’t live in Cincinnati — but Linda at the Phoenix was responsive, professional, and helped us put together a perfect brunch-meets-pub-food stations menu within our price range and on our very short timeline!

The day-of, everything was wonderful: the buffet stations were set up beautifully, the staff were professional and courteous, and the food was a big hit. What could have been the biggest disaster of our wedding turned out to be one of the best parts, thanks to the incredible professionalism of the Phoenix’s catering!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/5/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

The fact that I am reviewing our caterer nine months after the wedding can mean only one thing...they were so AMAZING that I was committed and compelled to write this for the Phoenix!!

See the wedding, visit: http://www.studio213films.com/new-blog/2016/5/26/maggie-and-stephan-wedding-film-oxford

Laura Freking, Director, and Joey Hahn, Executive Chef, were chosen to cater our daughter's wedding (May 2016) ONLY after we had interviewed (with the help of our wedding planner, Michelle Kinne of Blue Dahlia) and attended six other tastings with some of the finest wedding caterers throughout the city.

Our daughter and her (now) husband live in Manhattan (wedding was held at her childhood home in Oxford). Because they have enjoyed many fine dining experiences in New York, they were very focused on the food and wanted to find a caterer that would deliver a memorable menu. Laura and Joey worked with us to develop the perfect menu--one that fit the outdoor woodland-setting.

On the day of the wedding, it rained all morning. Laura, Joey and their entire team of servers and crew arrived early. Laura had new uniforms for the wait staff. When they saw how wet the site was, they ran out to purchase rain boots for their crew! They pitched in to spread hay under their working tents--it was over and beyond what anyone would expect of a catering team and, honestly, they did it with a smile!

The food was gorgeous and the presentation was special. Servers had guests chasing after them for the "lobster on a stick," and the "grilled cheese with truffle honey." Dinner was served homestyle--a juicy roast chicken with grilled lemons presented on a wooden platter--the potatoes were something special! At midnight, Joey rolled out a "whole roasted pig" for our guests.

People were raving about the food long after the wedding was over--a sign of a great caterer! Thank you, Phoenix, for an amazing experience!

Profile Picture rhonda, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I had both my ceremony and reception at The Phoenix and there is no way I can relay in a review how amazing everything was. From the time we started planning everything was seamless. The event planner there really know their stuff and do a great job in making sure that your day is perfect and you don't have to worry about a thing.

The food at our cocktail hour and dinner was delicious and people raved about it (particularly the chicken and waffles appetizer). We definitely could have spent less money on our venue but there is nowhere else that could have given us a night so flawless. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/28/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Chairs, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Outside Cake

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Phoenix. We had a very small wedding (20 people) This was by far the best decision of the entire wedding. Everything was perfect from the food, to the staff, to the price, and to the room. We went with a 6 course wine dinner with wine parings. We crafted the menu with the chef and it was AMAZING! Not to mention surprisingly reasonably priced. The bartender paired the wines and created a signature cocktail which was phenomenal. Our wedding coordinator, Carolina, was the best. She was with us every step of the way from the initial planning to setting up to room and helping serve. We did lunch and also got ready at the venue which was so convenient. Everything went smoothly and the removed all of the stress from the day. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about a wedding. Big or small they really make it amazing.

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/30/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Phoenix was such a wonderful place to hold our ceremony and reception. The staff was unbelievably attentive on the night of our wedding, and both myself, my groom and my entire family were impressed. The space was beautiful and easy for our guests (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all there). Food was great and we couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at The Phoenix. You pay a premium, but you get what you pay for!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about the Phoenix! They were so accommodating not only to myself and guests but to my vendors as well. Laura was my main contact and it was such a blessing having her in my corner. She essentially served as the DOC contacting all vendors and ensuring things ran smoothly. The entire staff was incredible to work with including the servers and bartenders. I would say the amazing hospitality and quality received was only surpassed by the beauty of the venue itself. Absolutely stunning. I did a lot of searching and the Phoenix was by far the best value for the quality wedding I wanted. I can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/6/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Phoenix is a class act!!! Besides being a beautiful venue for a wedding reception, the food was fabulous and they were great to work with. We worked with Laura for my daughter's reception and she was professional and made sure everything was taken care of. If my daughter had questions she was always quick getting back to her.
We were lucky to get the bar/restaurant area for our cocktail hour and it was perfect. Appetizers and service was great. It was nice that there was an elevator from street level and plenty of space to lounge if people wanted to talk away from the noise of the band. We were happy with every aspect of this venue!

Profile Picture User4262950, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved our wedding, the food, the venue, how easy going and helpful everyone there was! It was absolutely perfect!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Phoenix in Downtown Cincinnati is a beautiful building from top-to-bottom, which is originally why we picked it as our wedding venue. But The Phoenix turned out to be so much more. Their staff was professional and accommodating, the food was incredible (!), and there was no detail left unattended. We could not have asked for a better wedding, and we owe so much of it to The Phoenix and its staff!

Profile Picture Catie, 5/10/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

So amazing! Laura and everyone at the Phoenix were so easy to work with and super responsive. The whole night was smooth and seamless. I had nothing to worry about! So many of my guests commented on how amazing the food was! Gorgeous venue! We just loved it!

Profile Picture User2560750, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Phoenix was absolutely amazing. If you are looking for a unique place to get married in Cincinnati I highly recommend this venue.
The food was delicious and the service to my 300+ wedding guests was exceptional. Laura was SO helpful throughout the process and made everything less stressful. Leading up to the wedding she was so through and it was a so nice they take care of coordinating all my vendors. The entire Phoenix staff the night of was so attentive.
I could not have asked for a more amazing experience. The venue speaks for it self and the service is nothing but 5 stars.

Profile Picture User3278070, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Phoenix was the perfect place to get married and have a reception! Carolina was amazingly organized and had great advice. I planned the wedding from out of town and she always made time for me either via email or when I was in town. Everything looked beautiful the day of and they set things up perfectly. My guests had a great time! And of course the food was amazing!!! They have great packages that include gratuity and tax with different options for dinner and drinks. The space is beautiful too! Thank you Carolina and Phx staff :)

Profile Picture User2674988, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carolina was amazing! We met several times and she made sure everything was perfect. The Archway Ballroom was fantastic. I loved the architecture of the building. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Carolina checked in with me several times during the night to make sure everything was going well.

Profile Picture Ann, 9/29/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Phoenix and our coordinator Carolina vastly exceeded our expectations in every way! Carolina was unbelievably responsive, helpful and extremely professional. She was always on top of every detail for our reception, had great suggestions, and the night ran smoothly and beautifully. The Phoenix is a beautiful building, and our guests loved the atmosphere and the food! Cannot recommend The Phoenix highly enough!

Profile Picture User2198008, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with the Phoenix was amazing. Carolina and her team thought of everything and were thorough in getting us what we needed. The room where we had the reception and ceremony were beautiful. The food was also amazing. Feeding people in bulk is often a challenge and The Phoenix hit the nail on the head. Everything was beautiful and convenient for guests since everything was in one location.

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/27/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carolina and the team at The Phoenix did an amazing job! She was so attentive throughout the planning process and worked well with all of our vendors. It is nice to have someone with so much knowledge helping plan your event!

Profile Picture Jenni, 8/20/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We would highly recommend the Phoenix! Our coordinator, Carolina, was great and helped make the day run perfectly. Not only was the room beautiful, but the staff and everyone did a great job. Guests kept commenting on how much they loved the food, room, and everything about the reception!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/9/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would absolutely recommend! It was more than I could have every imagined! They were incredibly flexible, putting together a package just right for us. In the middle of planning our coordinator left and Carolina took over and it was flawless. The space was breathtaking and the staff was so friendly and professional. The food was to die for, people said it was the best filet they had ever had! We also had a late night snack of mini cheeseburgers and they were seriously the best burgers I have tasted. At the end of the night the Captain was very organized and made sure everything got to where it needed to be. We felt safe and taken care of the entire time, and Carolina made sure our night was perfect!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/3/11, 5 Reviews