The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio Reviews

51 | Cincinnati, OH

51 Reviews for The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio

Ryan R · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Amazing Wedding!

The Phoenix venue is beautiful and the staff was a pleasure to work with. The staff offered helpful suggestions that made our wedding great! Food was great also!

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Thank you, Ryan! It was a pleasure working with you to help make your celebration everything you imagined!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 04/18/2020

Amazing experience!

We LOVED our experience with The Phoenix! Our guests had an amazing time and could not stop talking about how great the food was! Laura made the entire process super easy, and had tons of great recommendations for photographers, DJ, Bridesmaid dresses, etc! We always felt like we were in good hands, and appreciated her quick response to all of our questions. We HIGHLY recommend choosing The Phoenix for your wedding venue or catering! They were awesome!

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey! We will pass along your kind feedback to Laura. We loved working closely with you throughout the entire process. Best wishes!

Erika Mcdonald · Married on 02/28/2020

The BEST Venue in Cincinnati

If you are looking for a beautiful and accommodating venue with amazing food, look no further! Abby was an amazing coordinator as she was patient, kind, and helpful through the whole process! We got so many compliments on our wedding and that was in large part due to The Phoenix and how amazing they are! All around an amazing venue!!!

Sent on 03/06/2020

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Erika, thank you for your wonderful review! We loved working with you to plan the perfect day and wish you all the best!

Alex Markle · Married on 12/10/2019

Everything was excellent!

The Phoenix handled everything and more. The food was unbelievable, the staff was professional, and the planning process was seamless. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 10/31/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, Alex! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the entire process. We wish you the best!
  • Tish

Tish · Married on 11/16/2019

Storybook Wedding

The Phoenix truly made my daughter's event a storybook wedding. Special shout out to Laura Freking, she is the ultimate pro!
    From our first meeting with The Phoenix, Laura and her team were thoughtful, attentive to our needs, communicated clearly and timely and gave us great confidence this was the right venue.
    Throughout the weeks leading up to the reception, this high level of professionalism continued. However, the day of the wedding really exceeded all my expectations. From the moment I walked into the room, I was amazed. The room looked beautiful, every detail was attended to prior to my arrival. The staff working the reception were fabulous as well; personable, efficient and so helpful. The food was great and the bartenders, spot on!
    The bones of this building are beautiful. Many of our guests raved about how lovely the venue was.
    I can't say enough about how pleased we were. My only regret is that we cannot use The Phoenix again for my next daughter's wedding (Cleveland-based). Thank you Laura and the entire team at The Phoenix for a magical day!

Sent on 08/21/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Tish, thank you for your kind feedback! We loved working closely with you and your daughter and wish we could do it all over again!
  • Erin

Erin Cappy · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfection

The Phoenix coordinated and executed a fabulous wedding reception for our 165 guests. Not only were the coordinators responsive to our questions, but they offered suggestions to make our reception unique to us. The food, decor, beverages, and ambiance were spectacular and our coordinators were attentive to our needs the day of the wedding. If we could relive our wedding reception, we would, and we wouldn't change a thing about our night!

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Thank you so much, Erin! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. We wish you both the best!

Anne Miller · Married on 10/07/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

I just want to say thank you to The Phoenix for everything! Our son’s wedding could not have gone better — and it’s all because of what The Phoenix team did to make it happen!

Your staff was so nice, efficient and professional. The setting at The Barn in Mariemont was wonderful, thanks in part to your extra efforts.

Everything went to smoothly — also helped by your planning and on-site coordination.

The wedding event required a cocktail reception on one floor while.another floor was being changed over from the wedding ceremony to a dinner and dance. Every turn was seamless!

All of the food was sensational — the passed hours d’oeurves, the salad and the entrees — particularly the short rib!

And, even though the event was offsite — your team stayed late to ensure the venue was actually in better condition than when we came in. It was deeply appreciated.

The wedding was everything our son and now daughter-in-law had hoped for. (And their parents too!)

Thanks to The Phoenix!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Koepfle · Married on 09/14/2019

The Phoenix is AWESOME!

The Phoenix was THE best vendor to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Our wedding was at French Park and The Phoenix catered the event and provided bartending services. Laura Freking was so helpful, quick to respond to any questions I had, AND made great suggestions that made our wedding truly memorable. At Laura's suggestion, we went with chicken and short rib options for our wedding entrees. Guests were coming up to my parents mid-meal and raving about how great the short rib was.. we are still getting notes 2 weeks later raving about the food and the impeccable service. We also did late night brunch food which was a big hit! We planned our rehearsal dinner at a location owned by a different catering company and dealing with the other catering company was just not the same. Our biggest regret was not having The Phoenix cater our rehearsal dinner. Laura truly goes above and beyond and makes the planning process seamless! I highly recommend The Phoenix!!

Sent on 09/27/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We will make sure to pass along your comments to Laura. It was such a pleasure working closely with you to cater your wedding. Congrats and we wish you all the best!
  • Zack

Zack Galusha · Married on 09/07/2019

Our Dream Wedding

As soon as we took our tour of The Phoenix we knew we had found our wedding reception. Unfortunately we had about 5 meetings scheduled for the remainder of the day, but all each one did was reaffirm The Phoenix as our spot. We were both nervous about the wedding planning process, but thanks to the help of Laura and Trisha it couldn't have been more painless. I went from freaking out 2 weeks before to (mostly) calm thanks to their guidance. The venue was absolutely beautiful and our guests loved it. We had our event on the second floor and there was plenty of room for all of our activities and dancing. The photo opportunities alone are worth choosing The Phoenix. Between the stained glass and marble staircase, our photos look phenomenal! I cannot recommend this venue enough. They gave us our dream wedding and I know they will do the same for you too!

Sent on 10/23/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Zack! We will make sure to pass your comments along to Laura and Trisha. We loved working with you throughout the whole process and wish you both the best! Congratulations!

Carla Green · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfection!

The Phoenix delivered a wonderful experience for our daughter’s wedding. Abby was professional and kind. She responded to every question and email with promptness and made us feel welcome and important. Once we had our tasting, we knew we had no worries and let Abby take care of everything. The staff was also professional and so friendly. It all turned out perfect, exactly what we had hoped!

Sent on 08/27/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Carla, we are so happy to hear that your daughter's wedding was everything you could have hoped for! We loved getting to meet and work with your family!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Crutchfield · Married on 08/10/2019

Great barbeque and flexibility

We loved working with The Phoenix for our wedding. Lilly was so helpful from the beginning, listened to what we wanted, and made great suggestions. They communicated promptly, answered all of our questions, and were transparent about pricing. The tasting was a great way to try out the food ahead of the wedding and confirm what we wanted (it was delicious!), and some of their suggested menus were a great starting point but easily tweaked. Day-of, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Their staff took care of our larger room flip, set the tables/folded napkins beautifully, and made cleanup quick. Overall we're so glad that we picked them - they had great customer service and options for every budget.

Sent on 08/21/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Lindsay, it was such a pleasure to help you plan your wedding! It was so fun working with you! We're all wishing you the best!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect venue

I cannot say enough good things about The Phoenix. The venue itself is stunning. The beautiful, historic building as well as the surrounding area of Cincinnati provided some excellent pictures for us. Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom which was so beautiful. We loved how spacious it was while still feeling like we could fill it. It’s a beautiful area that will no doubt wow your guests AND still be a perfect place for everyone to have fun! Abby worked with us for the months before the wedding and she was SO SWEET and helpful. She was so accommodating, insightful, and good at what she does! She was never annoyed with my endless emails and questions and she fulfilled all my requests like they were nothing! She made the planning process run so smoothly by helping me keep an appropriate timeline. She was there the night of the wedding and helped with the timing of the evening with things such as bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc. (she even bustled my dress a couple times) She was so thoughtful to make sure we had a couple boxed meals to take with us at the end of the night too, which was SO nice. Now, the food. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. You know how wedding food is often rubbery chicken and the same “typical bulk batch” sides? I get it; making meals for 180+ people and serving them in a timely manner can only mean the food is so good, right? That is so not the case here. We had the hardest time at the tasting deciding on choices. The salads were 20 steps above the usual out-of-the-bag with the go-to ranch you see at weddings. They alone showed there was a chef with a culinary mind behind every detail. They have so many classy options that are safe for your guests without being “typical” and “expected.” They have safe options for sides like creamed potatoes and green beans, which were excellent. BUT, we wanted to stick with the “better than the rest” theme that we had seen in everything else at The Phoenix so we went with gnocchi topped with spinach and pea fondue (how fancy) with the choice of chicken or beef. It was sooo good. I have had several people since make it a point to tell me the food was no doubt the best food they have ever had at a wedding. (I won’t lie, the food being good was one of my biggest concerns.) Now, what’s the cost of providing a GOOD dinner for 180 guests? In all honesty, I still am coming to terms with how much was spent on this wedding. I am so practical and the numbers were unfathomable. BUT, when comparing the prices at The Phoenix with other venue and catering options, it is no doubt comparable and WORTH IT. I realized you’re going to pay no matter where you go, but what you get out of it is so beyond expectations at The Phoenix, it really was worth it. I absolutely recommend The Phoenix to anyone looking for a location that is classy without being stuffy, accommodating staff, food so good you won’t worry about guests (and you!) not enjoying it, and a smooth planning process all the way through the night of the wedding! We loved every bit of our experience!

Sent on 07/22/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Elizabeth, it was such a pleasure to help you plan your special day! We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded expectations! We're all wishing you the best!

Jena · Married on 05/11/2019

An Amazing January Wedding Experience

We could not have been happier working with the staff at the Phoenix planning our special day. The venue itself is amazing with a very classic elegance to it that makes decorating a breeze. There are dozens of details to plan for your big day and Trisha, Laura and the rest of the staff were with us every step of the way. Our guests were thrilled with the food and drink provided by the kitchen and we will definitely be back for other future events.

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki Drago · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

he Phoenix was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. Laura and Christina were beyond helpful throughout the entire process. Not only did they offer advice and give opinions on things as asked, they were sure to make sure we thought of every little detail. Our wedding would not have been what is was without their constant help!

Since the wedding, we have received so many compliments on how friendly the staff was, how attentive people were to our guests needs, and most importantly - how good the food was. Although, it was so easy to trust that the food would be everything we dreamed it would be after our tasting!

I would highly, highly recommend The Phoenix for any portion of your wedding celebration. From the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception, they will make sure everything is exactly how you envisioned it!

Rob · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful Experience!!

Our wedding at the Phoenix was absolutely fantastic! The entire staff was considerate, courteous, and amazing to work with. I would recommend the Phoenix to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

• Kiara

Kiara · Married on 02/23/2019

Hire them!

HIRE THEM! They were such a pleasure to work with! From easily scheduling the tasting up until the wedding night they were great! The tasting itself was probably the best date I've ever had, sitting in their Venue just my now husband and I, with some Frank Sinatra playing in the background eating some delicious food. My husband and are very different in general, but specially when it comes to food, I was toying around with the idea of a "his" and "hers" wedding, while at the tasting they actually had the great idea of doing food stations with his favorites and mine. We did it tapas style and it was PERFECT. Leading up to the wedding they were very responsive and helpful but most importantly accommodating, my 2 year old nephew has an egg allergy so I had asked some items on the menu to not have egg in them, but to not sacrifice the flavor of our food they just set up a dish just for him, I could've kissed them! I highly recommend the ceviche, my guests were raving about it. The staff was WONDERFUL, I swear, the bartender could just be my best friend, I loved him. Thank you Laura and Madison for helping me have my dream wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2019

The Phoenix- Cincinnati, Ohio's reply:

Kiara, thank you so much for entrusting us in helping you plan you and your husband's special day! It is our pleasure to take the stress out of wedding planning, and more importantly, make the whole process a fun, memorable experience! We wish you and your husband the best!!!

Katy · Married on 05/05/2018

When we walked into the Phoenix, we were instantly in awe. The enormity and elegance of this venue just takes you by surprise( not to mention the mimosas and treats they greet you with!) Abby was there for us every step of the way, giving us vendor recommendations, helping us pick out the menu, she even set up our décor for us on the wedding day. The girls got ready at the Phoenix and it was the best decision ever! Abby and the rest of the staff would check in on us and also give us our privacy at the same time. You get it all at the Phoenix. Abby was there for everything, even helping bustle my dress before she headed out for the night! The serving staff was so much fun and amazing! All of our guests couldn’t stop complimenting about the food and staff. We would recommend the Phoenix 10/10 for anyone. They give you so many options and help you stay within your budget. They made our vision come to life and truly gave us the dream wedding!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • Whitlee

Whitlee · Married on 04/21/2018

The Phoenix is absolutely AMAZING! Our coordinator, Lauren Melloan, was attentive to our questions and emails and always had our happiness and wedding vision top of mind. The week of the wedding she handled last minute changes and contacted all of our outside vendors which was a HUGE help. Our guests said the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding and the Grand Ballroom itself is GORGEOUS. Our pictures on the staircase turned out beautifully and you can walk to Piatt Park for some fun outdoor pictures. Also, doing your bouquet toss off the balcony is such a fun twist! Working with Lauren and The Phoenix was THE best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. Thank you to Lauren and The Phoenix for making our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 05/07/2018

mary · Married on 12/09/2017

The event coordinator and staff at The Phoenix were excellent. No request was too much and the attention to detail was great. The day of execution was flawless.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Anne · Married on 12/09/2017

I can't say enough about this venue and its staff. Lauren Melloan in particular single-handedly made our wedding day with her attention to detail and grace under pressure.

We had so many compliments from our guests on the food, the beauty of the venue and the attentiveness of the staff. Working with Lauren and The Phoenix was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process.

Sent on 01/07/2018
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 10/20/2017

Every bride looking for a reception venue needs to check out The Phoenix! Lauren went out of her way to ensure my reception was everything I wanted and then some.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Karen · Married on 09/09/2017

We had a wonderful Wedding Saturday, 9/9 for the new Mr. and Mrs. Inman!! Our Phoenix Coordinator, Lauren Melloan was exceptional!  She nailed every detail, answered our many, many questions leading up to the wedding almost always within minutes!  During the preparation for the day of the event and during the event she handled every detail perfectly!  We had exceptional support from the beginning contract stage and all of the details for the wedding. The staff during the Wedding did an exceptional job.  They also helped us pack all of our event items and get them quickly out to our cars.
    In addition, one of the most important things is all night we heard how beautiful the venue was and several comments that it was the best wedding they had attended!  We also had many comments about how great the food was. That means a lot to us as we tried to plan a dream wedding! Thanks to The Phoenix! We highly recommend you!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Kathy · Married on 07/23/2016

I hope whoever plans a wedding in Cincinnati Ohio gives great consideration to ThrPhoenix! I cannot tell you enough..... from the planning help, the video team, the food, The photographer, the music, the special bar and late night food set up, it was all perfect. My thanks to every person at the Phoenix who made a special day so memorable and perfect!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/08/2016

We went with the Phoenix because the food was seriously some of the best food that we have ever had. It was so good that it was worth paying more for, no doubt. Usually, we go with the cheaper options, but this was one splurge that we went for and it was such a great decision - it was not even that much more expensive than our other options.

We loved that the meal was plated too, because that saved us time at the wedding because we did not have buffet lines to worry about. We had salad, bread, and either a roasted chicken dish or vegetarian eggplant lasagna or a chicken finger kid's meal option that were all so good! We also had a cheese board spread during the cocktail hour. On the wedding day, we (the wedding party) were even brought a cheese platter to munch on before the ceremony began - it was so nice! Then, during the wedding night, the staff were great about serving me and my husband first (and they made sure we ate and had plenty of drinks too) and they also served us our pieces of cake first too. Laura Frecking, who helped us get booked with the Phoenix, was especially so nice and helpful - we highly recommend her!

We used this caterer as they were 1 of 4 options that we had to choose from at our venue (Newport Aquarium). Like I said, they were not the cheapest (they were also not the most expensive), but they had the best tasting food. We had 160 guests and we chose a cheaper menu option and it cost us around $6,700 for the food, linens, plates/glasses, and service.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/05/2016

We used the Phoenix for off-site catering for our Sunday brunch wedding at Rhinegeist Brewery. We got in touch with them about six weeks before our wedding, after we had to fire our previous caterer. Needless to say, we were stressed about finding someone new in such a short time-frame — especially since we don’t live in Cincinnati — but Linda at the Phoenix was responsive, professional, and helped us put together a perfect brunch-meets-pub-food stations menu within our price range and on our very short timeline!

The day-of, everything was wonderful: the buffet stations were set up beautifully, the staff were professional and courteous, and the food was a big hit. What could have been the biggest disaster of our wedding turned out to be one of the best parts, thanks to the incredible professionalism of the Phoenix’s catering!

Sent on 07/07/2016