The Philly Keys Reviews

1 User photo

The Philly Keys 1
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/03/2019

Weeks later, and our guests are still complimenting us on the band..

We hired The Philly Keys to play our wedding at Reading Terminal Market earlier this month, and we can’t say enough good things about them! Brian played piano during our ceremony and worked with a close friend of mine so she could sing a song with him, and was fantastic about recommending different songs for us and providing guidance; we had a non-traditional ceremony and needed some help figuring out a timeline and some appropriate music, and he gave great advice. The band kept things light and upbeat during cocktail hour, and throughout the reception, The Philly Keys made sure that everyone was on the dance floor. We grew up in the 90s/early 2000s and The Philly Keys knew all of the hits that our friends loved from our high school and college years while also incorporating in classics that our parents and their friends enjoyed. They also made the formalities a breeze. One of our main concerns was making sure that people knew where things were around the Market (like where to head for dinner) and that our guests knew they could request songs, and The Philly Keys made sure everyone knew what to do.

Brian was extremely responsive to all questions we had throughout the entire planning process. We added a drummer along with the dueling pianos, and couldn’t believe the value of Philly Keys packages compared to some of the other live entertainment we had considered. We would 100% recommend Philly Keys for anyone getting married or having an event of any kind - our guests are still raving about them!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Christina Knepley · Married on 07/09/2019

Great time all around

Without a doubt one of the best decisions we made when wedding planning was to use the Philly Keys as our music. Brian and his band were very accommodating and helpful and were the heartbeat of our reception. Everybody loved the live music and enjoyed the interaction with the band. Highly recommend and would use them all over again

Sent on 10/07/2019

Allison · Married on 06/14/2019

Highlight of our wedding

We had our hearts set on live music for our wedding but the prices for "typical" wedding bands were out of our budget. I stumbled upon the Philly Keys while browsing for other options, and they seemed almost to good to be true: less expensive than other bands, great reviews, and the unique "dueling pianos" aspect. Brian answered all of our questions and was easy to work with. At our wedding, the Philly Keys exceeded all of our expectations! They had people dancing all night, played a great variety of music, and just added a really fun vibe to the wedding. We included a drum, guitar, and horn along with the pianos, but I feel that they would be great with any number or combination of instruments. If you are on the fence about booking this group, DO IT! They were definitely a highlight of our wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • R Yarnell

R yarnell · Married on 06/01/2019

Rave reviews from all our guests - spectacular time!

We were so excited to have the Philly Keys at our wedding. They absolutely made an already special day incredible.

Brian has a fantastic team- we have seen them play in a variety of venues and we are always amazed at the talent the team brings. At our wedding we were blessed to have Brian and Alaina host the music. The time flew by as guests enjoyed making all sorts of song requests and dancing the night away to the the dueling pianos and even an amazing fiddle solo.

Not all of our family is "into" dancing, but even those that didn't were raving about the music the night of the event and days afterwards too!

The Philly Keys are an ultra-professional and skilled group and you will absolutely not be disappointed if you book them for your next event. They handle everything and you'll have no worries or stress about the music. They are kind, flexible, and your crowd will immediately love them. Let them make a special event spectacular.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Jared

Jared and Jess · Married on 01/05/2019

The Best in the Game

Really excellent wedding entertainment. Brian recommended the Dueling plus drummer option but we decided on the four piece set up. They all played several instruments and knew so many song requests. We also had a DJ for the last two hours and even though he was great too, people definitely were partying more during the Philly Keys set. I would absolutely recommend them for all your wedding entertainment needs.

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best Wedding I've Ever Been To

Stop what you're doing and book The Philly Keys immediately. Brian and his team played my wedding last weekend and he brought down the house! Brian is so down to earth and incredibly talented, it felt like we were at a concert and not at our own wedding reception. Family and friends keep complimenting us still on how fun, interactive and unique it was having dueling pianos at our wedding, and I can't tell you how much fun we had. Brian is the absolute best in the business, period. Thank you, Brian!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sam,

You are the best. Thanks for such a great review. Bok had to have been the most incredible venue we've gotten to play at yet!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Flanagan · Married on 10/06/2018

Unique and Fun!

Brian and the Philly keys really made our wedding day so much fun and memorable! Dueling pianos are the way to go, and so are the Philly Keys!

Brian was a breeze to coordinate with, and flexible with all of the planning and day-of surprises. He surprised us with a beautiful acoustic guitar set during cocktail hour, and an incredibly energetic reception with dueling pianos that filled our ballroom with so much fun! What a unique concept, our guests really enjoyed it, and enjoyed being part of the fun by giving requests via post-it notes, per the traditional dueling piano style. Brian was an exceptional emcee, and guided the reception perfectly. They are affordable, and one of the best choices we made for vendors for our wedding. Do it!

(Our venue, Colonial Dames in Philadelphia, did not allow "plugged in" instruments, and typically would only allow for DJs - two keyboards were allowed for us, but not drums or guitars. Would definitely recommend drums and guitars if your budget and venue allow for an even fuller sound, but truly, it was still a GREAT and FULL sound even just with two pianos.)

The Philly Keys 2
    Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/14/2018

We had The Philly Keys play for our wedding ceremony and reception and they were amazing. Everyone complimented our choice in music and said how good they were and how much they loved The Philly Keys because not only did they play great and involve the crowd, but they are unique and different in comparison to the typical wedding DJ or band that you've seen a hundred times already. Brian is very easy to work with and responds to your emails almost instantly. Highly recommend them for your wedding, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Becca,

Very big thank you for the review and for having us. We had a great time and you two were so easy to work with which makes our job so much more enjoyable. Thanks again!

Jim Duffy · Married on 09/01/2018

Without a doubt the bet part of our wedding

Here's why you should book The Philly Keys. I'm a musician myself who did it for a living for 14 years. When we were researching wedding bands it just got exhausting. Every one we clicked on said THE SAME EXACT THING: 4 lead singers, best band in the world for 10 years, killer horn section, etc. We were about to just close our eyes and pick one because they're all sooo amazing so why waste any more time when we got to see The Philly Keys at my college friends wedding in West Chester, PA. It was a dueling piano show which I was admittedly interested in since nothing of the sort had come up in my search thus far. Simply put, they completely rocked. The set list was created on the spot by guest requests, they were great singers and players but it was their personalities and sense of humor and ability to get everyone engaged in ways that wedding bands simply don't know how to do. And guess what, no one missed the 4 lead singers, or killer horn section etc. bc NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THAT STUFF!! My voice was gone until the middle of the week because they encourage not only dancing but sing alongs from the crowd. So we asked them if they'd travel to Long Branch and they said yes and when they told me their price I literally lol'd and said "dudes we're booking you right now." Brian played ceremony and cocktail music, then we had the set up with The dueling pianos and drummer and I really can't count how many guests said they were the most fun wedding act they'd ever seen. The fact that we actually saved $5,000 by booking them instead of one of our other choices was just icing on the cake. A lot of icing!

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Philly Keys's reply:

Jim, haha man it sounds like I coached you on what to say here! Seriously you've said all the things I always try to get across to clients but you did it much more eloquently than i could. I should have you write all the content for my website. But really thanks so much for the glowing review my friend. Really means the world to us!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

Amazing!!! Our wedding was a few weeks ago and all of our family and friends are still raving about the Philly Keys! My opinion has always been that the music is the most important part of the wedding. When we set out to find entertainment for our wedding, it wasn’t easy. I knew I liked big wedding bands, but that wasn’t in the budget and As far as DJs I had seen both great and horrible ones. My husband convinced me that a piano band was the way to go, but I still wasn’t sure. Brian from the Philly Keys was so amazing in answering all my questions, sending us set lists, and inviting us to come see them play. It wound up being the best wedding decision we made. Brian played the keyboard for our outdoor ceremony and provided a mic for our officiant and played at our cocktail hour. For the reception we had Brian, another piano, and a drummer. We had a big ballroom with 200 guests and the sound was great. They worked with us to choose all our entrance music etc. They rocked it! No one sat down the whole night! The Philly Keys made our wedding the best! I would highly recommend them to any bride and groom.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Vincent · Married on 07/14/2018

"ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG...." This chant came from all 200+ guests toward the end of our wedding. I believe this review could start and end there, but if you aren't convinced read further.

My wife and I have been lucky enough to be invited to many weddings of all different types. When it came time to planning ours, we concluded the most important aspect of any wedding being a great time is the the band or DJ. If that part of your wedding is A+, it doesn't matter when and where you have you wedding, because everyone will have a great time and create great memories. The Philly Keys created an amazing atmosphere for our wedding. I had countless guests come up to me and let me know how amazing they were (and still are a month after the wedding). They were very flexible in playing any song a guest would write down on their song request cards. I do not think you could think of one song (at least in english), that would stump the Philly Keys. If you happen to think of one, there is no doubt if you gave them a week or so notice, they would still be able to play it. The band has several packages, and we chose to have the dueling pianos with a percussionist (drummer). They also played during our ceremony, which gave the ceremony a more intimate feeling. They are based out of Philly, but they were willing to come down to the Jersey Shore to play at our wedding. The videos they post do not do them justice on how amazing they are. You won't get a sense of the atmosphere they create. If you are on the fence, I would recommend catching a show live. They were nice enough to allow us to watch them perform at a wedding (shout out to the bride/groom of the wedding who allowed us to watch). Booking the Philly Keys is a no brainer. You could either have a DJ pick songs off a computer, or you can have a live band entertain everyone of all ages and all types of songs. As a millennial, I say, stop being a millennial and book the damn band!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Cole and Amy · Married on 07/07/2018

The Philly Keys aren't just getting 5 stars across the board because they asked me to write a review. They seriously deserve it. Out of all the vendors we used, the Philly Keys were the easiest to work with and were single handedly the reason why everyone had such an amazing time at our wedding. My mom came up to me in the middle of the wedding and said "I don't know why everyone doesn't do this for their wedding" and that's spot on! We had the same concerns that others had voiced in the review section about a Dueling Piano act for a wedding. Was totally new to us and we thought it might not be a great choice. I can tell you not only was it a great choice but it was the best choice. We had narrowed it down to 3 bands and we popped in to other weddings to see all 3 choices and it took us 30 seconds to know that The Philly Keys were it. Also performed wonderful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour which ended up saving us a ton of extra money. Big thank you from Cole and Amy

Sent on 07/20/2018

Karissa · Married on 06/30/2018

We recently had the Philly Keys at our wedding and we could not have been happier! My husband and I first saw them perform at Roosevelt’s in Bethlehem, PA and knew we needed them for our wedding. Brian was extremely easy and flexible to work with! Such quick email responses and always available and willing to chat. He answered any and all of my questions with no hesitation for any of my requests. We had so many compliments from our guests on how unique and entertaining and simply fun the reception was with them!! They are perfect for guests who love to dance and for guests who also love to stay in their seats to just listen and enjoy the live music! We also had song requests as part of our RSVP’s and they played nearly all of the list that I sent them as well as open to all requests from guests of all ages and styles! Can’t say enough about them and can’t wait to go see them again elsewhere. Highly recommend if you want the most entertaining and fun wedding reception that your guests will talk about forever!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/23/2018

After seeing the Philly Keys play at bars in West Chester, PA, we knew they would be the perfect band for our wedding. They did not let us down!! Brian did a beautiful job playing during our ceremony and cocktail hour. During the reception, the band read our crowd so well and kept the dance floor packed all night! They played many of the songs our guests requested which was awesome! Brian was an awesome MC and kept things moving smoothly throughout the reception!
    I highly recommend the Philly Keys for any event you may be hosting!

Sent on 07/09/2018
  • Y

Yue · Married on 06/15/2018

We hired Brian and the Philly Keys for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with his professionalism, enthusiasm, and attention to detail. They were a great team to work with and greatly enhanced our wedding. As musicians ourselves, the music was an important part of the evening for us. They played off of our crowd's energy figuring out what they were in the mood for and really got lots of people on the dance floor from the first song to the last dance.

They were super talented! We thought we hired two piano guys but we got a whole lot more. Very professional sound equipment and set up; soft and mellow guitar arrangements for the ceremony and the cocktail hour; beautiful close out song that wrapped up our big day perfectly!

They were also willing to work with us and be flexible as the evening's schedule changed unexpectedly. We'd highly recommend Brian and Philly Keys for whatever party you're throwing!

Sent on 06/25/2018

The Philly Keys's reply:

Yue, Thanks again for everything. Your wedding was seriously amazing all around and you and Nick are just the greatest and most fun couple I think we've ever gotten to meet.

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2018

We can not say enough about The Philly Keys! We had an incredible business event thanks to Brian and Sarah! Our guest are still talking about how much fun they had and how fabulous the music and entertainment was. Brian's professionalism and communication from the very beginning through the entire event and after has been perfect. We truly look forward to our next event and will definitely include The Philly Keys. We highly recommend this company for any event!! Thank you Brian and Sarah for a great night full of amazing memories and a successful business party!

Sent on 06/13/2018

The Philly Keys's reply:

Sarah, a big thank you again for having us. Ya'll know how to party for a corporate event!

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2018

The Philly Keys helped make the after party for our wedding one we will never forget! Brian and his team had great energy that kept our guests singing and dancing until 2:00 AM!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

We cannot say enough about the Philly Keys!!!! They made our wedding the event everyone talked about! They were so great to work with-very responsive and helpful in planning. We had the pianos for our reception and Brian on guitar for our cocktail hour. Everyone raved about the music and how fun the live pianos were. They really know how to get people dancing!! We couldn’t have asked for better entertainment!!!

Sent on 06/17/2018

The Philly Keys's reply:

Thanks so much for the review and for having us Laura!

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2018

WONDERFUL!! Everything was exceptional and The Philly Keys really know how to get people partying. If you want an unforgettable wedding, seriously look no further. Thanks Brian, Adam, and Tom from Ryan and Sarah.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Julia · Married on 01/13/2018

Brian and Mike played at my wedding this past weekend and they were so wonderful! They played for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They had EVERYONE dancing the ENTIRE reception. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to make our day so AWESOME!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Meaghan · Married on 11/17/2017

Could not have asked for better music at our wedding!!! We have gotten countless compliments on how great these two were. Everyone was up and dancing and moving around. Requests were taken and everyone was so excited to dance to some live music!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Meaghan,

Thanks so much for having us and for the review. We had a blast as well!

Glen Marie · Married on 11/17/2017

The Philly Keys did a wonderful job at our wedding back in November. Brian and Adam are super talented and so I’m glad I found them! I definitely recommend The Philly Keys to every couple because they will truly bring the best music and entertainment on your wedding day. Thank you The Philly Keys!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Glen Marie,

You and your friends and family were so sweet and so much fun. Hope to see you again soon

Allison · Married on 09/23/2017

Brian was so wonderful to work with! The ceremony and reception music went off without a hitch and everyone had a fantastic time. Cannot say enough about how great it was to work with him!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Hannah · Married on 08/19/2017

When my husband and I had the idea to have dueling pianos at our wedding, we really weren't sure if a) that was a thing and we could find a pair to do it and b) it would work for wedding entertainment. We were SO lucky to find The Philly Keys. Their talent is unbeatable, and they are fantastic guys. They were able to beautifully play acoustic songs that we selected on both piano and guitar, as well as hit the play button on recorded tracks that were better for our parent dances and first dance as a couple. More importantly, they truly created an unbelievable party, feeding off the crowd, taking requests, and even surprising us with a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" to end the evening, to my Queen-loving heart's delight. We had so many compliments from our guests on how talented, original, and fun The Philly Keys were, and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Hannah,

We truly had such a great time at your wedding. Thanks for the review and if you ever need some queen covers, we got ya covered!

Rachael · Married on 06/17/2017

The Philly Keys were incredible from start to finish. My husband and I would have never thought to seek out a dueling piano act for a wedding, mainly bc neither of us even knew what it was but we were lucky enough to have been at a friend's wedding 2 summers ago and we literally booked them on the spot. The show is fantastic and they took on every curve ball request we threw their way. Every person in the crowd got involved and was on their feet all night.

Sent on 07/11/2017