The Peninsula Club Reviews

45 Reviews for The Peninsula Club

1 User photo

Nicolette Tiner · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Great coordinator

The wedding coordinator, Elizabeth, is extremely helpful and flexible with our planning thus far. This who wedding planning is new to us of course and can be a bit overwhelming but having such a great coordinator really helps take the stress away:)

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Christine

Christine Kostic · Married on 10/05/2019

Our Perfect Day

We held our wedding and reception at the Peninsula Club, and it was the most amazing, perfect day! The venue itself is beautiful, and Elizabeth Benton, our wedding coordinator, is the consummate professional. She kept everything moving seamlessly behind the scenes, and I didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying my guests and having a great time. The food and the staff were fantastic, down to the very smallest details. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2019

Perfect Venue

We cannot say enough about how much we loved the Peninsula. Elizabeth was so great to work with, making the wedding planning process a breeze. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. Our friends and family could not say enough about how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Jordyn Maher · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing in every way!

The Peninsula Club was the venue of our dreams! They do such an incredible job putting on events and everything was better than expected. Elizabeth is AMAZING to work with. She’s so skilled at what she does and answered all of our questions before we even had time to have them. She is detail oriented and will ensure that you have a completely stress free experience!! The food is amazing and the venue is large enough to accommodate big groups, while still feeling intimate. They have a beautiful outdoor ceremony location but also offer. beautiful indoor Alternative if it rains. Highly recommend this venue/ staff!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Z

Zhenya · Married on 10/14/2017

We visited over 10 different venues in the Charlotte area prior to seeing the Peninsula Club and were blown away by it! The space is perfect for an outdoor ceremony (it looks out onto Lake Norman) with a great back-up option in case the weather does not cooperate. The ballroom was the perfect size for our 150 person reception and there was a spacious balcony for any guests who wanted to mingle in a quieter area away from the dance floor. We worked with Amanda and she was simply wonderful! She was very thorough in going through the plan for the day, and the day of the wedding we didn't have to worry about anything. Her staff put up all of the decorations, and everyone was where they needed to be. Amanda and her staff had our favorite drinks ready for us at the start of the reception and re-filled throughout. They even packed a to-go box for us with the cake to make sure we got a chance to try it! We received a lot of compliments on the venue and the food. It was everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

The Peninsula Club was an amazing venue for our wedding! Everything is beautiful at this country club from the grounds, the views, the rooms, and even the extravagant bathrooms! Having our ceremony on the patio overlooking Lake Norman was gorgeous, and they also have a great indoor back-up plan for the ceremony that is wonderful as well. They have a separate room for the cocktail hour, which makes the big reveal of the ballroom for the reception even more special and amazing! Elizabeth was a great coordinator-I felt sure she had everything under control, and she did! The whole event went smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding-she made sure all the decor, vendors, and other set up were taken care of! She always responded to emails quickly and answered my millions of questions. The food there was also incredible. My husband and I are very sad we didn't get to enjoy the appetizers, but we made sure to enjoy our dinner because it was phenomenal! We also always felt welcome there, whereas when I visited a couple other country clubs, they wanted to make sure you stayed away from their vendors as if you were a nuisance! Everything at this venue was wonderful!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

So glad we chose this as our wedding venue. Everything about it was perfect! We had an outdoor wedding (with an indoor back-up plan) and an indoor reception. The venue coordinator, Elizabeth, was AWESOME. She and her staff have obviously done this a time or two and made everything run absolutely seamlessly! We received so many compliments on how great everything was--venue, parking availability, staff, food, drinks--EVERYTHING. Could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Bobbi · Married on 06/17/2017

My daughter's reception was held at The Peninsula Club and I can't say enough about this venue, and their wedding planner, Elizabeth Walczy!! This venue is one of the most beautiful around, the price was very reasonable, and the food was absolutely delicious!!! Elizabeth was so caring and helpful throughout the whole planning process and wedding day!! She took care of everything so that my husband and I could actually relax and enjoy the festivities!! Elizabeth even helped us get a plate and a seat for a guest that hadn't rsvp'd! Elizabeth, and the Peninsula Club, made it possible to give our daughter the wedding we all dreamed of!!! I highly recommend The Peninsula Club!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

valerie · Married on 04/08/2017

I would trust Elizabeth, the planner, in her recommendations and that her staff will execute all responsibilities with complete competence. I would recommend a bartender for every 50-60 people especially during cocktails and early reception. We could not have been happier and our guests raved about the food, venue and service.

Sent on 04/18/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/25/2017

The Peninsula Club made my dream wedding come true! The venue itself is gorgeous – beautifully decorated, view of the lake and grounds, great layout, and inviting atmosphere. We were looking for a venue for both our ceremony and reception, so having an option for a pretty outdoor ceremony as well as an indoor option (that wasn’t on the dance floor) was important. Their ‘plan B’ indoor room for a ceremony was the nicest we’d seen and would have been lovely had we not been fortunate to have an amazing spring day full of sunshine and blue skies!
    Since the venue is a club, it has a kitchen which made our life a lot easier (rather than having to find a caterer), and all of our food was delicious – much better than ‘typical’ wedding food. The service was outstanding – all staff members were friendly, helpful, and clearly experienced in weddings – and we felt well taken-care-of the entire event. Additionally, the club provided a lot of perks that greatly helped with planning (and costs) such as votive candles, mirrors for the centerpieces, pedestals for the ceremony flowers, and linens in a variety of colors.
    Elizabeth was terrific to work with – very responsive, always had time for my (many) questions, and willing to help us think through and plan for this big event. She was incredibly professional and made us feel at ease. She seamlessly executed the numerous moving parts in preparing for and running the venue on the day-of. It was a pleasure to work with her, and I couldn’t be happier with my wedding experience!!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Erica · Married on 11/12/2016

Elizabeth at The Peninsula Club was the best coordinator we could have ever asked for! She was very quick in responding to my emails and she was always honest and gave her opinions when I needed help. Planning a wedding can get stressful but having a reliable coordinator makes it 110% MUCH easier and so much less stress for you!!! I didn't worry about a thing on our wedding day and it went so smoothly because I trusted her. She got it done and it was the best day of our lives. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, from the ceremony with the lake in the background, to the lakeside room where cocktail hour was, and the beautiful ballroom where the reception was. Since it was chilly that day, we had heaters on the patio and the fireplaces on inside. I highly recommend this venue and all of their wonderful staff!!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Nora · Married on 10/16/2016

The Peninsula Club does a wonderful job. They made our day stress free and easy. Talk about a perfect wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Shannon · Married on 09/17/2016

5 stars all around! Elizabeth is the coordinator you want. You literally will not have to worry about a thing working with her. The venue is spectacular. Gorgeous view, amazing staff, delicious food, the list goes on. I'm so happy we went with the Peninsula Club as our wedding venue. My husband and I had the time of our life :)

Sent on 10/06/2016

Suzane · Married on 08/13/2016

Most beautiful venue ! Elizabeth was so helpful and organized. She made the wedding so special and memorable!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2016

The Peninsula Club is absolutely top-notch. Elizabeth is great to work with - she makes the entire planning process so smooth! She communicates with you regularly from the moment you sign your contract. If you email her with questions, she responds back in a very timely manner. She was incredibly helpful. The staff did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding day! It also helps that the venue is gorgeous (both inside and out). It was truly a night my husband and I will never forget, and so much of it has to due with the fact that everyone at The Peninsula Club went above and beyond to make our experience unforgettable!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/02/2016

Elizabeth was awesome and extremely helpful! Every aspect went smoothly from the food tasting, to the set up the day before, to everything the day of the wedding. The food was delicious, the decorations were exactly how I expected, and taking pictures was so easy with the help of the golf carts. If anything went wrong during the reception, I was completely unaware of it, because it seemed perfect to me! I would recommend the Peninsula Club to anyone considering a reception here!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Jillian · Married on 06/18/2016

The Peninsula Club is an amazing venue for your wedding. Not only is it beautiful but Elizabeth and the rest of the staff are amazing! Everything about our day was perfect, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our guests were beyond impressed and have went on and on about how wonderful our venue was. No need to look any further, the Peninsula Club should be your wedding venue! Jillian and Telly Banks

Sent on 08/26/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2016

Elizabeth was great! So many people in my family were complimenting on how well she did with everything and made everything run so smoothly! We would recommend the Peninsula Club and Elizabeth to anyone!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

The place is absolutely beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff (Elizabeth) goes above and beyond to make the day special/everything you want it to be.

Sent on 06/08/2016
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I were so happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Peninsula Club! When we booked the club about a year and a half before our wedding, we had no idea how lucky we were to have chosen this awesome venue! We met with Elizabeth just a few times and she was able to coordinate everything with our wedding planner. Elizabeth and the staff were so accommodating with our food and drink preferences, and our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was! Everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding, and it was beautiful!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. Elizabeth (the event coordinator) is awesome! She was on point with everything from the time we went for the tour up until the moment we said "I do". The lake was a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. The guests loved the food, and the staff made sure that everything ran like clockwork. We were blessed to find this venue. It made the start of our happily ever after truly unforgettable.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Bev · Married on 03/05/2016

My daughter was married at the Peninsula Club on 3/5/16. The wedding was perfect. I loved everything about the ceremony and reception, I would not have changed a thing. Elizabeth the planner with the club was so wonderful to work with, she answered all questions and emails promptly. The day of the wedding she was fantastic, everything was set up just like we discussed. She had so many people in place once the ceremony began so that no one bounded in to disrupt the wedding. One of the best parts was that once the reception was over all of our decorations that we had brought in were waiting to be loaded into our cars, we did not have to go back to the club the next day to pick anything up. Our guests raved about the appetizers and the buffet selections. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Peninsula Club.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Erin · Married on 10/24/2015

Elizabeth Walczy is nothing short of amazing. She made our wedding day so awesome, everyone went perfectly, the room was set up beautifully. She works very hard to make sure every part of your day is exactly how you planned it. I can't say enough good things about her and the Peninsula club. The staff was amazing as well.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Sandy · Married on 10/16/2015

The Peninsula Club staff and venue were fabulous! The view takes your breath away and everyone is as friendly and efficient as can be. Elizabeth was our wedding coordinator and we could not have asked for a friendlier more detail-oriented person to take charge. She seemed to be everywhere the night of the wedding, allowing us, as parents of the bride, to enjoy our own party! Her work leading up to the wedding was responsive and complete. All in all, an amazing venue, inside and out.

Sent on 10/23/2015

At first, we were hesitant in booking a venue in another state. I was born in Charlotte, but live in Maryland with my husband. My parents were adamant about us getting married in my home town, so we went on a venue search when we were visiting for Memorial Day last year. I was worried that being so far away and planning my wedding would be tough... It turned out to be the complete opposite! The Peninsula Club was SO amazing to work with. They recommended all of our vendors and they could NOT have steered us in a better direction! We had cocktails outside (!) and dinner and dancing in the ballroom. The dinner options were a lot more creative and versatile than any of the other venues we looked at. We were so happy with our experience and would do it all over again the exact same way!

Sent on 10/29/2015