The Pavilion on Crystal Lake Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Alicia
    Alicia Married on 07/22/2022

Dream Come True

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake was the one and only wedding venue that we toured because as soon as we saw it, we knew that nothing could top this. It had everything we could’ve ever imagined for our wedding day and more. Not only did we have the perfect venue but we also had an outstanding team, The CT Wedding Group, to help us make our dream wedding become a reality. All of the staff at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake and the CT Wedding Group exceeded our expectations and we cannot thank them enough for making our special day so magical.

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Alicia and Greg!!! Thank you so much for such kind words, Jenna and I had the best time with you, your friends, and family! We keep talking about how absolutely stunning your gown was :) Please be sure to send us photos!! All the best!

Cheers!
    Casey and Jenna
    Kimberly W. Married on 07/09/2022

Absolutely Beautiful

The CT Wedding Group has an amazing team! They helped us plan our wedding from beginning to end and kept us on track so we wouldn’t be rushing at the end. Our wedding day turned out beautifully, all the decors were in line with our style, the food was outstanding (you won’t be hungry), and the staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Lexi and Erin were our day off coordinators and we couldn’t have asked for a better duo! Highly recommend this venue.
    Amanda Married on 07/08/2022

Our wedding

Beyond our expectations! We cannot say enough about this whole group! They made our wedding experience and day magical!

Amanda and Jay!!

What a blast- truly, you guys are so much fun! I remember seeing the both of you on a packed dancefloor, giving each other the biggest high five - you did it! Best party ever! Thanks for letting us be apart of it :)

All the best!
    Jenna, Casey, and Erin!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Rebecca W. Married on 07/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Without a doubt, the best decision we made when wedding planning was booking this venue.

On our tour, we were given a soup-to-nuts overview of what the venue and our coordinators can assist with. From day 1 we were treated as if we were the only wedding on the calendar, which exciting count-down emails, check-ins to stay on track and helpful referrals that made decision-making a breeze.
    We were assigned two WONDERFUL coordinators for our day-of that made sure we ate (thank you) made sure we had a drink in our hand (thank you) and made sure that we remembered to take leftovers home (thank you!) Seriously- they were flexible to most of our special requests, they made us feel like royalty for the day, they assisted with all those little (and big) things that make the day run smoothly, and they asked where our parents were sitting so they could introduce themselves to them, and also offer the same TLC to them, as they did to us, which was huge. As the night was going on, our coordinators even contacted our school bus transportation to and from the hotel to provide an update and request a second bus- which was such a relief. At the end of the night, they packed it all up for us!
    One recommendation to future couples- TAKE THE 15 MINUTES TO YOURSELF IN THE BRIDAL SUITE BEFORE THE RECEPTION INTROS. My husband and I opted into this- and after photos, we walked into an Air conditioned bridal suite which a beautiful spread of all the passed houre d'oeuvres, our BBQ in a jar live-action app (yum), and our signature drinks. Our coordinators told us we had 10/15 minutes to just breathe, and honestly, this was the first time we were alone! We were able to soak in the ceremony, the day, and all those butterfly feelings together before we got the party started. This was such a special moment for us, and I am thankful that this was given as an option to us.
    You get what you pay for, and then some, with this venue. Honestly, I will recommend to anyone who will listen. We showed up, had the best day of our lives, and rode off into the sunset- and didn’t have to lift a finger.
    Thanks, Pavilion on Crystal Lake! Best. Day. Ever!

Amanda S. Married on 06/25/2022

Phenomenal venue

The most incredible wedding venue we could have ever imagined. They took all of our ideas and went above and beyond to make sure they were perfect in every way. I may be biased, but Lexi is by far the most incredible wedding coordinator to exist and is top notch. The additional support staff was phenomenal as well. Needless to say, this venue is a must for your wedding, your vow renewal, your anniversary party.. etc - you name it!!! Can’t wait for our anniversary celebration here

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Amanda! Celebrating with you and Chris was beyond amazing! I will never forget your incredible GLOW PARTY!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for allowing me to celebrate with you both! I wish you years of love and happiness! With Joy, Lexi :)
  • Samantha
    Samantha W. Married on 06/24/2022

Best Day Ever.

My husband and I got married here this June of 2022, and had the best day of our life. The year and a half leading up to our wedding was made much easier with the help of the CT Wedding Group crew. Their response time is succinct, and they are all so polite and helpful. The day of our wedding ran perfectly, with many thanks to our coordinator, Shelby, who is nothing short of AMAZING. All of our guests are still raving about the quality of the food they had at our wedding, which is an important factor when attending a wedding. Our timeline ran so smoothly, and any issues or concerns we had were addressed immediately by the team. The Pavilion is a perfect venue to have your ceremony outside in the beautiful gazebo area overlooking the lake, with a transition to the covered patio for cocktail hour, and ending the night inside the air conditioned reception area. The set up of the reception area is great with the dance floor being in the center of the room, and the bar being close to the dance floor as well. My only hope is that they update the carpet in there to something more modern :)
  • Haley
    Haley K. Married on 06/18/2022

Incredible Beyond Words!!!

It is actually difficult for us to put into words how incredible CT Wedding Group has been for us. Our wedding day and planning process was amazing beyond our expectations. I was never overwhelmed with planning- they made every step easy and stress free. On the day of, we only had to lift a finger to put appetizers in our mouth (which were mind-blowing)! The food, the planning team, our coordinator (shoutout to Nicole who is the GOAT), are simply the best. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue, a vendor that actually cares about making your wedding day perfect down to the last detail for you and your partner, look no further!!!
    Heather E. Married on 05/20/2022

Best day of our lives

This place was amazing. We got engaged right when
    Covid hit so we didn't see the inside until our details
    appointment just 2 days before our wedding. We fell
    in love with the outside!!! We met with Jenna (our
    day of coordinator). She said she was going to blow
    our minds and boy did she. The place looked
    amazing, decorations and all. She treated us like
    royalty and made sure we always had a drink and
    brought us quite the spread of appetizers to our
    bridal suite after the ceremony and pictures so We
    could actually enjoy what we paid for. I wish we could
    relive that day over and over. Nothing but the best.
    CT wedding group makes the planning process so
    easy!!!! We love you!

Heather and Shayne!!

I told you we were going to blow your minds!! Thank you so much for such kind words- you and your families were such a joy to work with!

All the best!
    Jenna
    Rachel C. Married on 05/14/2022

Absolutely Amazing

Our spring wedding at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake was absolutely amazing. The entire staff is responsive, professional and experienced. Our day of coordinator Lexi facilitated everything day of and because of her and the team we had the best day ever. The food was beyond delicious and the atmosphere so romantic. I would recommend the Pavilion on Crystal Lake and the Connecticut Wedding Group to any couple.

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Rachel and Mackenzie!! I cannot express this enough, but I am so glad I was able to be a part of your wedding day! You two are the funniest, sweetest humans and I am so glad you had such an amazing day! Our team is looking forward to your photos from Teresa and a clip from your ceremony with that original song!! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!! With Joy, Lexi
  • Steph
    Steph H. Married on 05/13/2022

Helped Create our Dream Day

I don't know if we can put into words how highly we recommend CT Wedding Group and the Pavilion. The venue was beautiful, the foord is something our guests are still talking about, and the coordinators are absolute rock stars. We feel so lucky to have come across people that truly care about tailoring everything to our dream wedding vision while guiding us step by step along the way. A special shoutout to Shelby for being our hero of the day down to the final detail.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa C. Married on 04/30/2022

The best day ever!

To Lexi, Armahni, CT wedding group and the staff of our 4/30 wedding, We could not thank you enough for the most perfect day! We are still getting compliments on the venue, food, staff and just everything about the day. The people that work for CT wedding group are the reason why we chose this venue. We could have not have asked for a better experience, thank you from the bottom of our hearts ♥️ Many people said this was the best wedding they have been to! The venue was stunning and the food was spectacular!! We will still be thinking about this day for the rest of our lives. We couldn’t thank you enough! Love, The Petrelles

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Alyssa & Dan!! Armahni, myself and our entire team loved celebrating with you! I am so honored to have been a part of your dream wedding!! Thank you so much for your kind words! I wish you and Dan years and years of love and joy!
    With Gratitude, Lexi
  • Samantha
    Samantha Q. Married on 04/16/2022

Our 4.16.22 Wedding

This is the best place to have a wedding. Ever. As a bride I felt taken care of and at peace from the moment we toured to the moment we left Middletown after the wedding. Samantha and Jenna were amazing helping me plan and be intentional while keeping my vision exactly as I wanted it! Our wedding was absolute perfection from the best staff ever complimenting us on every aspect of our day and making sure our guests felt more than at home, the most amazing food that our guests are still talking about, and the most efficient and yet still relaxing day. Our day of coordinator Lexi is my favorite person ever! As a younger couple she worked with our vibe PERFECTLY! She kept our day on track and was always the most polite and bubbly ray of sunshine! She was absolutely perfect for our day and made our experience truly better than I could have ever imagined! Our wedding was amazing from the views/ venue, service, timing, preferred vendors, and staff! You can really trust them with everything! If you want to get married anywhere on the East Coast do it with CT Wedding Group! They will make every part of wedding planning and having a dream and I truly wouldn't change a thing about any part of our entire process! Love these people!

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Sam!! It was an absolute pleasure celebrating with you, Xavier and your families! One thing I will always remember from your wedding day is your bubble send off and those JAW DROPPING photos Allie Dearie captured!! I speak on behalf of our entire team when I say CONGRATULATIONS and happy one month (and a couple days) of married life!! We wish you both years of love and happiness! With Joy, Lexi
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer R. Married on 04/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Pavilion made my wedding dreams come true

From the minute we booked a tour of the venue, I knew the Pavilion would be the Venue for us. The entire staff is absolutely incredible from the beginning to the end. The entire wedding was flawless and the Pavilion was so wonderful to us! The communication, guidance, help with anything we asked for, planning etc. we couldn't have asked for more. Even during the reception everyone was so happy with the level of detail and attentiveness to the wedding party!

Jennifer and Kevin!!
    SHOES! We are so happy to have come through with your wedding shoes! When you get married with us, we become instant friends- and felt so happy to have been able to help all along the way! Cheers!!
    Kimberly M. Married on 03/26/2022

Absolutely flawless

From planning all the way through our wedding night, the Pavilion was the perfect place for us. The venue is stunning, every employee was approachable and kind (especially our day-of coordinator Cate!) , the food was fantastic, and the dance floor was full all night. They were flexible with us as we had to do our planning remotely, and took all the stress away to give us a fun and carefree day. Would 100% recommend!

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Kim! Thank you so much for these kind words. I had such a great time celebrating with you, Nick, and your families at The Pavilion! Congrats again to the two of you!
    - Cate & your CT Wedding Group Family
  • Emerald
    Emerald Married on 01/21/2022

Everything we wanted

The staff here went above and beyond with helping plan every detail. It was a pleasure to work with them.
    Cailynn H. Married on 12/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Ct wedding group is amazing

My husband and I got married at The Pavilion on Crystal Lake in December 2021 and to say it was beautiful and flawless is an understatement!! From the first tour at the venue, my husband and I knew this was were we were going to have our reception. The venue is beautiful, cozy and just overall has this winter/Christmas feel. CT wedding group was available at every step of the way with wedding planning. The tasting was one of my favorite days, and got us so excited for the wedding! When it was finally our wedding day, Shelby (our day of coordinator) made sure the entire cocktail hour and reception went smoothly. She was always checking on my husband and I, making sure we were eating and drinking, and enjoying ourselves! Our guests had the absolute BEST time and are still raving about the food and drinks!! It was the most perfect day and Shelby and CT wedding group are too thank for that!!
  • Leanna
    Leanna V. Married on 11/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I couldn’t imagine using a better venue/team!

The wedding planning team made the whole process so easy, but what sealed the deal on the best experience were our day coordinators. Kelly and Lexi, were phenomenal to work with! They took my vision and turned it into a fairytale. Also, the amount of service we received the day of was incredible. Kelly was always nearby to make sure everything we needed was being taken care of. Also, the food is amazing! Guests still bring up how good the BBQ in the jar was!
  • Danielle
    Danielle D. Married on 11/14/2021

Nothing Short of Amazing

Impressed is an understatement for this venue. We and all of our guests were completely floored at the amazing service we received from the staff at the pavilion. They made the planning and execution of our wedding so easy it almost seemed effortless on my end, like did I even do anything? They handled it all. It's weird to describe wedding planning as minimally stressful, but that's exactly what it was. We had Samantha as our coordinator and Lexie as her right hand lady for the day. Every person was amazed at the attention to detail, from decorations to guest assistance, to food and drinks. OH MY GOODNESS! The food and drinks were phenomenal. It's been a few months since our wedding and we are STILL getting compliments about them. I can't recommend this venue or their staff enough. I even showed up with a box of decorations with no plan for them the day before the wedding and Samantha welcomed it with creativity, imagination and excitement. My constant questions never felt like a burden and I always felt supported along the way. They completely exceeded our expectations and we could not be more grateful to them for making our dreams come true!
    Sam P. Married on 11/05/2021

Perfect Venue

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with CWG. We got married at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake in November 2021. We had to postpone our wedding due to COVID and CWG was so amazing throughout the entire process. Throughout all the planning, they checked in with us regularly and answered all of the questions we had. They are always super quick to respond and every single person we interacted with was so nice! On the day of the wedding, Shelby and Lexi were AMAZING!!!! We didn't have to worry about anything (timing, where to be, what to do, etc.) because they handled everything for us and always made sure we were happy and had everything we needed. Also, the food at CWG is delicious. We had so many guests comment on how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. CWG thinks of everything! You will not be disappointed.
    Jaclyn H. Married on 09/12/2021

09/12/21 Wedding

I'm not sure where to even begin! Our 09/12/21 wedding at Pavilion on Crystal Lake was more perfect that we could've ever imagined. All of the staff members at CT wedding group truly put so much effort in to making sure that the whole planning process from start to finish came together as seamless as possible. Any couple getting married right now knows that planning a wedding during a pandemic hasn’t been easy, but I could not say enough great things about how well CT wedding group handled everything. They always made us feel at ease and kept our focus on the big day throughout all of the ups and downs. I want to give a huge shout out to Mary-Beth, who was always incredibly helpful at answering our questions along the way! Also, our day-of coordinator Kelly and her assistant Lexi were such a pleasure to celebrate with on the big day, Kelly even went above and beyond to take the time to help drop off items to our hotel the night of and morning after that had been left behind. Our family and friends were so impressed with how friendly, accommodating, and professional all the staff members were at the venue. They also were raving about the food – from appetizers, entrées and dessert everything on the menu was incredible. The reviews we had read about the food were one of the big highlights that drew my husband and I in to tour the Pavilion from New York, and we were not disappointed! The Pavilion on Crystal Lake is such a unique and beautiful wedding venue, the ceremony in the pine grove was something out of a dream. We were lucky to have great weather on our day, but the views overlooking the lake are so beautiful that we were sold on booking with them even after touring on a rainy day. I would highly recommend the Pavilion and working with CT wedding group to any couple. They truly are a special group of people, and the venue was everything we hoped for and more!
    Amanda A. Married on 08/12/2021

8/12/21 Wedding Review

My husband and I just got married here on 8/12/21, and had the best experience! From day one of planning, CT Wedding Group was extremely organized, transparent and genuinely kind. All of my questions, big and small, were answered promptly. I never felt like there was a question I couldn't ask them from questions about the venue to advice on decoration. For people as busy as my husband and I, they made the process so, so easy and stress free. Our guests raved about how amazing the cocktail hour and reception food was, as well as the deserts (we did regular cake and added Blazing Donuts, I highly recommend that). I also recommend renting out the cottage for the bridal party to get ready in. It was so fun to hang out with the girls for the day while getting ready, and it was so more more of a relaxing morning rather than if we got ready in the hotel. I wanted to also specifically mention our day of coordinator Melinda, who truly was the MVP of the entire experience. She was a perfect match for my personality, very calm, cool and down to earth. She was always 10 steps ahead of me, which is hard to come by, as I am a pretty type A person. My bridal party loved her, even my parents talked about how attentive she was to them all night. Melinda was literally on top of everything, and never once seemed disorganized or frazzled, which is so so reassuring for a nervous bride on her big day. There is not a single thing I would change, negative thing I have to say, or a single regret I have about our entire experience with CT Wedding Group and the Pavilion on Crystal Lake!

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for your kind words! I was honored to be by your side on your special day. It was truly such a beautiful celebration of you two. Your family and bridal party were some of the sweetest people i've ever met which made my job THAT much easier! Congratulations again and I wish you a lifetime of love, health and happiness.
  • Audrey
    Audrey S. Married on 07/29/2021

Magical Wedding Venue!

Given the extensive services Connecticut Wedding Group provides, we’re going to do our best to speak to each aspect in turn, but the long and short of it is simple -- they’re spectacular!

First and foremost, our venue of choice, The Pavilion on Crystal Lake, is absolutely stunning. From the intimacy of the outdoor ceremony area to the beautiful lake view off the covered deck, everything simply adds to the mood of excitement for your special day. And the staff truly go above and beyond in further enhancing everything in accordance with your decor selections.

Speaking of staff: Literally every single individual we interacted with from Connecticut Wedding Group -- planners, chefs, coordinators, servers, and more -- were the epitome of professional, considerate, and gracious. Special shoutouts to the planners we were assigned: Samantha, Allie, Mary-Beth, and the list could go on and on. Each one of these experts remained readily available, fully engaged, and well-informed throughout the entirety of the planning process. Then, to take things a step further, Connecticut Wedding Group’s team as a whole executed flawlessly.

On that note, an additional shoutout is unquestionably deserved by Melinda, who we were beyond blessed to have assigned as our day-of event coordinator. She was incredible! Melinda continually checked in with us throughout the night, preempting any consideration and following through promptly on any request. Exhibiting an impressive grasp of even the smallest of details, she also proved to be an absolute savior in keeping things on schedule, going so far as to even bring us and our families drinks and food when she noticed us getting caught up in ongoing engagements with guests.

Oh, and those drinks and that food were delicious! Guests were raving about the food all night, starting with the mac and cheese station (which proved to be a huge favorite as mason jars were filled to capacity with countless toppings) and ending with freshly flambéed donuts atop ice cream and more toppings.

To close out the night, Melinda and additional team members assisted in getting everyone to the shuttles before then efficiently facilitating our clean-up, quickly packing up our cars and making a stressful process so thankfully straightforward. All in all, Connecticut Wedding Group provided us with top-notch service, making our wedding -- from planning to end product -- a genuine dream come true! Thank you all so much!

With love,
    audrey & isaiah

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Audrey, Thank you so much for your kind words! Hearing your feedback is truly what makes every second of our job worth it. It was such a pleasure working with you two, your bridal party and family. I wish you two a lifetime of happiness, love and health. Congratulations again!
    Amanda M. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An Absolutely Perfect Day at the Perfect Venue!

Worth every penny!! First of all, this venue is absolutely gorgeous! From the gazebo at the wooded ceremony site to the sparking lake views and magical twinkle lights, everything is breathtaking. But what really makes this venue stand out is the staff! From day one, they were so supportive in helping us plan our big day. Our day was beyond what we ever expected because of the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, especially our day-of coordinator Allie and her right hand girl Lexi. Not only did we appreciate them so much, but out guests RAVED about the fantastic staff, incredible food, and beautiful site. We cannot recommend The Pavilion on Crystal Lake enough and if we could do it all again we wouldn't change a thing!
  • Christine
    Dan Married on 07/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best of the best!!!!!

If you're looking to book a venue, The Pavilion on Crystal Lake is it. It's been almost 3 months since our July wedding and our friends and family are still raving about it! The food was incredible and the team at The Connecticut Wedding Group goes unmatched. We began working with Allie in 2018 and were immediately impressed at how knowledgeable she was. She understood our vision from the start and that we were paying for the wedding ourselves. She did everything in her power to inspire us, and ensure that we got everything we wanted. We were originally set to get married in April 2020, however, due to the pandemic, we chose to postpone twice in order to keep our loved ones safe. Throughout the entire postponement the team at The Connecticut Wedding Group were flexible and understanding; reaching out to us asking how they could help, updating us on any changes, reminding us of decor options available etc. We were so thankful to have them hosting our wedding, knowing it was being directed by a team who truly cared about us. They did everything in their power to work with us and allow us to enjoy the prolonged wedding process despite the uncertainties. When our wedding day finally rolled around in July 2021 Allie was (very) pregnant and let us know that although she wouldn't be able to actually work our event, she would be putting us in Shelby's care and that she had filled her in on what was most important to us. Allie even showed up ON our wedding day for a couple hours just to see us, wish us luck, and make sure our vision came to life. Although we worked with Shelby for a shorter period of time than Allie, we felt like we had known her for years. She enthusiastically jumped into action during our final meeting and made us feel comfortable and excited for the next day to come. Throughout the wedding day/night, anything we needed, Shelby had us covered. She hit it off with our friends and family, kept us calm, laughed with us, and ensured everything went according to plan despite the tropical storm that hit. Shelby was (quite literally) our guardian angel on our wedding day and we are so thankful she was there with us through all the craziness. We cannot say enough about how incredible everyone is. It was a day we will never forget, put together by a team we are forever thankful for.
  • Elise
    Elise P. Married on 07/01/2021

Fabulous & Friendly

The staff at CTWG was amazing - from day one of touring the venue to all the details, then having to postpone and then the days leading up to the wedding everyone we worked with was amazing, friendly and reliable. Allie was our coordinator the day of the wedding and I can’t say enough great things, she is bubbly, attentive, amazing at her job and made sure the day went flawlessly. The wait & bar staff was amazing, many people told us it was the best wedding food, if not just in general, one of the best meals they’ve ever had. Every little detail was perfect. I wish I could relive it again! If you’re thinking of choosing one of their venues- do it!
illustration stars