The Pavilion on Crystal Lake Reviews

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 5
The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 6
The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 7

Shelby Iapoce-Lintz · Married on 12/22/2018

Above and beyond what we could imagine!

The whole wedding experience with the team at the Pavilion was absolutely amazing! They were incredibly professional (yet still super fun) and offered legitimately helpful advice while also being flexible to new ideas. My husband and I had always wanted a summer wedding, but due to military obligations we had to have it during the winter, and it was perfect, thanks to the CT Wedding Group. My maid of honor and I are also celiac, and they were very adaptive to our dietary restrictions. Our guests agreed that it was hands down some of the best food they’ve ever eaten (especially for a wedding!)

Sarah Wilamowski · Married on 12/08/2018

It was absolutely fantastic

We had Cate for our wedding on December 8th. She was absolutely phenomenal and I would recommend her time and time again. As soon as we met her she was extremely professional and reassuring that everything was going to go perfect the day of. She made me feel so special, checking in on me multiple times of the day on the day and giving positive words of encouragement. She gave me everything and more especially when I decided to have my ceremony outside with less than 2 hours to go. If you are lucky to have her on your wedding day you are in the best hands possible.

The entire planning process went so smoothly. They sent emails to check in, offer suggestions and tell us about the new things they added. They always answered my questions as thoroughly as possible. Ashley at the front desk was an absolute joy to talk to when things came up at the last minute. She knew almost every answer and when she didn't, she got an answer immediately so that I didn't have to worry. The tasting dinner is one of the best experiences, they have so many things for you to try and have the entire venue set up like it would be on your wedding day. It really does help put your mind at ease.

The chef and kitchen staff was able to accommodate all of the weird allergies we had and didn't have to change their entire meals. We received so many compliments on the food and all the staff, and still do almost a month later. The amount of opinions and food you get is well worth the price, I honestly couldn't believe the opitions and all they have to offer.

When everything was said and done, working with/ having the people I did st ther CT Wedding group make me want to do it all again.

• Alexandra

Alexandra Yung · Married on 12/01/2018

100% Recommend - If we could get married to each other again, we would!

Our wedding day was great! Our day of coordinator, Cate, was the best! Both of our parents were extremely impressed with how smoothly everything ran. We are still receiving compliments on how fun the day was and how tasty the food was!

We will recommend all of our friends to get married at a CT Wedding Group Venue!

Wedding planning with CT Wedding Group was also really easy. We knew where we were at and what we needed to do at every step. I loved that someone was available to talk to me every time I called and that my emails would never go unanswered for more than 24 hours! It was amazing customer service, and we felt very special the whole time :)

Sent on 12/26/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Ali and Nick! Thank you so much for this great review! Your wedding day was so beautiful, and myself and the team had such a great time helping to put it all together for you! I hope married life is treating you well! Congrats again!! -Cate
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 11/24/2018

The most organized day of our lives!

The pavilion on crystal lake was nothing short of perfect. Allie was our day of coordinator and she helped our day run extremely smoothly! Made sure we had enough food, enough drink & always checking in with us throughout the night. Leading up to the day, the offices were always within reach by phone call or email. Always had quick response times and always pleasant!
    The biggest compliment we got all night was how good the food was. Everyone was raving about how good it was.
    The venue was everything we wanted and more. The perfect rustic vibe, held our 140 people very comfortable without feeling smooshed! Using the loft this venue holds up to 200! The view of the lake was absolutely gorgeous and even though it was a chilly winter day the pictures we got by the gazebo in the woods. We got married at our church but I can picture how beautiful the gazebo would be for a ceremony!

Courtney Davis · Married on 11/17/2018

Best day ever

I CANNOT say enough about our wedding coordinator Allie. She was absolutely amazing. We didn't have a single stressor the day of the wedding- she took care of it all (and coming from someone who has OCD that means ALOT). From day one the CTWG team was available at the drop of a hat. Everyone raved about the minor details, food, and experience overall- saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to. It was the most amazing day of our lives, and we wish we could relive it one more time!

Sent on 12/05/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Courtney! You are amazing, and I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear what an amazing time you had. Truly my main goal from the beginning was to take the reigns and let you just enjoy your momentous day without having to worry about the details - and I am simply overjoyed to hear that this wish came true for you.

From laughing with you during the planning process about how similar and type-A we are, thoughtfully placing out all of your decor elements, to holding your dress as you started up the aisle and ensuring your time line was on point - from beginning to end, working with you and Alex was an absolute dream and nothing makes me happier than knowing you were able to just be 'The Bride' on your wedding day.

I am sending you so much love and congratulations again! Love, Allie

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2018

Best Wedding Venue in CT!!

Where do I even begin? We first toured the Pavilion nearly two years ago and instantly fell in love. It's set back from the road so it's very private, and the lake the venue itself is on is beautiful. You can tell a lot of thought and care went into the planning the layout from the cabin to the pavilion to the gazebo and outdoor ceremony space. Once we booked our date (actual hours after we took our tour) Mary Beth and the entire CT Wedding Group made sure they stayed in contact with me, checking in to make sure I was doing okay, and to see if they could answer any questions I had, or to help me plan the big day. On the day of the wedding, Cathy, our coordinator, was nothing short of superwoman. She wrangled us, our families, and our large wedding party seamlessly, so our ceremony went off without a hitch. She made sure every person stayed warm with a hot beverage and ensured my husband and I wanted for nothing the entire night. She even let me borrow flip flops when my shoes started tearing up my feet. Cathy, you and your team are the real MVPs. When it came to food, we knew we weren't going to have "typical wedding food" after sitting down to taste the menu earlier this year. We even had a chance to sit down with the head chef to talk menu, dietary restrictions, and any tweaks we wanted. I can't overstate how above-and-beyond every single person at this venue went to make sure we had the best day of our life, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Sent on 11/28/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Amanda!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thoughtful and awesome review. It is so nice to know that you felt so taken care of! Painful shoes need to be taken seriously and i'm so glad I could help that situation for you :) I still love that you are the only couple that had a Jason impersonator at the wedding, your cake was the coolest!! (Cant wait to see your official pictures)
    We are so happy to have been part of your special day, and wish you the best- Thank you!!
    -Cathy

Elisa Ciampa · Married on 10/28/2018

The Perfect Fall Wedding Venue

When we first visited this venue, two years before our wedding date, we knew this was the place we would get married. From the initial visit with Mary-Beth, we knew how in-depth and involved the staff at CT Wedding Group would be. Throughout our whole planning process we received updates, check-ins, confirmations, you name it. It's like having a wedding planner without paying for one...what other venue does that!? You even get a day-of coordinator who is on top of EVERYTHING on your wedding day. We had Jenna and she was FABULOUS. Everything went so smoothly and nobody had to worry about a thing. As you're taking photos, there is a crew there with drinks and hors d'oeuvre for the whole wedding party so you don't miss out on cocktail hour. Everyone we know raved about how perfect everything was. And did i mention the food?! Holy crap, I hope I have their food again. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day and it's all thanks to the crew at CT Wedding Group!

Sent on 01/16/2019

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Elisa and Bruce! You both are amazing! Thank you so much for your kind words! Carole and I felt so lucky to be apart of your wedding day- please keep in touch and send us your wedding photos as you get them! Cheers to you both! - Jenna

Hillary Stover · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Fall Wedding

It was AMAZING!! We had the best time getting ready in the cottage and Lindsay was so great at calming all nerves and getting everything ready for us! The food was delicious and we didn’t have to worry at all about eating and getting all the food. We felt super catered to! Overall it was the best day ever, fun and relaxed just like we wanted!

Hillary,
    Thank you so much for your incredible review!! I had so much fun celebrating with you, Michael and the entire family!
    The table number pumpkins made by your students added such a beautiful personal touch! Congratulations and best wishes in your future together! :) - Lindsay

Jeremy · Married on 10/06/2018

Very helpful and enthusiastic staff. Great location and the food was amazing.

Katie Brown · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Wedding Day!

I don’t know where to begin, our September wedding at The Pavilion on Crystal Lake was absolutely perfect! From the early planning steps to the day of, everything went smoothly and stress free. Everyone is incredibly helpful, responsive, and supportive. The day of our wedding we had nothing to stress about because we knew our day of coordinator, Allie, had everything under control! I highly recommend CT wedding group and The Pavilion on Crystal Lake to any bride looking for their perfect wedding! A true dream come true wedding day, thank you!

Sent on 01/04/2019

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Katie! We’re so happy to hear what a wonderful time you had celebrating your dream day with us at The Pavilion!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness! Love, Allie & CT Wedding Group

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2018

Thanks to Allie/her team for superb experience from beginning to end. Food/bar, service, facility, little touches - A+!
    Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Thank you so much, Rebecca! Truly a pleasure to work with you all, congratulations again to you and the family! Sincerely, Allie & The Team

Katelyn Cabrera · Married on 09/22/2018

I would do it all over again!

I don't even know where to start! My wedding planning with CT Wedding Group was so stress free that I would get married all over again! From the food to the hospitality of the staff to the entire atmosphere itself, everything was perfect. The venue was beautiful and the staff made sure that myself and my guests were always being accomodated for.

Sent on 11/02/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Hi Kate and Meg! It was such a pleasure being able to be a part of your day! The entire team and I had such a great time helping to put it all together, and I couldn't be happier to hear that everything was perfect! Congratulations to you both again! Cheers, Cate

Rebekah · Married on 09/16/2018

Months later and guests are still saying it was the best wedding ever!

My husband and I got married back in September 2018 at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake and we still have guests telling us how amazing it was and it is hands down because of all the wonderful staff at the Connecticut Wedding Group. Not only did my emails or phone calls always get answered promptly which made planning a breeze, but they really think of everything so you don't have to worry about forgetting a thing! Our day of coordinator, Allie, really took all worry and stress away the week of the wedding and went above and beyond the wedding night, as did the rest of the staff that night, to truly make our wedding amazing. The food and atmosphere/decorations put the night over the top! Seriously the best meal you will ever have!

Sent on 11/27/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, Rebekah! I wish we could do your wedding all over again, you had the most magical deep and warm autumn visions for your wedding and we had such an amazing time putting it all together for you. We're sending you all of our love and congratulations! Love, Allie & Team!
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing! Dream Wedding

If you are debating whether to choose CT Wedding Group for your wedding, my advice would be ABSOLUTELY DO IT, book it and do not look back! Our experience was phenomenal! It is difficult to put into words how amazing each member of the CT Wedding Group staff is from the planning team, chef, coordinator, bartenders, and wait staff. They have got this whole wedding thing down to a science and they are damn good at it. We had looked at a few venues and had another planned for the day after visiting the Pavilion on Crystal Lake, once we completed our tour of the Pavilion that was it for us. We cancelled our other venue visits and put our deposit down. We never once doubted our decision. The most important day of things for my husband and I were food quality, amount, and service as well as friendly wait staff/bartenders. We truly wanted the entire day to reflect our style as a couple. We got married on 9/15/18 and have now had almost two months to relax and reflect on the day. We’ve caught up with family/friends and the feedback has been nothing but amazing. We have not heard one negative thing and we as a couple have only positive feedback also. People have not stopped talking about the food, especially the appetizers and donuts for dessert. Everyone was completely stuffed (which was the goal). We even had a guest tell my parents later on that she asked them not to bring her the corn chowder because it would have been a waste since she does not eat meat (bacon in chowder), they offered to bring her a vegetable soup to which she agreed and totally LOVED. These are the things you do not notice on your wedding day because you are just too busy but completely reflect the CT Wedding Group as a whole. They will go above and beyond in every aspect without even thinking about it. Mary-Beth and Samantha never took more than 24 hours to respond to an email full of questions, they worked with us constantly to be sure we were on the same page. They were able to help us make decisions where we really weren’t sure what to do. It is like having a built-in wedding planner throughout the whole process… and that luxury is priceless. Our day of coordinator Lindsay was GREAT, I loved her from the second I met her because she had a “get it done” attitude. We had a few minor changes/issues between the rehearsal and end of wedding. She immediately addressed those issues, she called our hotel and shuttles more than once to make sure we had nothing to worry about. Her hard work and attentiveness did not go unnoticed, we’ve had many guests comment on how wonderful she was. We used outside vendors for every other aspect of our wedding, photographer, DJ, JOP, flowers. I know the CT Wedding Group communicated with each of them to make our day perfect and know they were easy to work with! Your wedding day is supposed to be the greatest day of your lives, and we truly believe we can thank the CT Wedding Group for making it exactly that for us. Thank you all so much! We could not possibly thank you enough! Also, the food is unreal, I have not stopped thinking about the cauliflower popcorn and cannot wait to go back for our family members wedding in November 2019 :)

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2018

Such a beautiful place for a wedding! All of our guests raved about the service and food!!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Jessica and Brendan!!

What a party!!! From your first introduction as Husband and Wife, we all knew we were in for a good time!! You guys were such a blast to work with- and we are thrilled to have been apart of bringing your wedding to life!! Cheers to you and your family!!

Jenna and The Pavilion Crew

Amy Sparks · Married on 09/09/2018

Wedding 9.9.18

I can’t even begin to explain how perfect our wedding was on September 9th, 2018 at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake. Of course, every bride wants their day to be nothing short of a fairytale and our wedding day was just that. Allie was a friggen rockstar! From our final appointment with her on the Thursday before the wedding, she calmed my nerves and gave me ease that everything would go as planned. And then came the wedding day and she did just that. The venue itself is just picture perfect, from the strings of lights to the food. I still have people mentioning to me how much they loved the food!!! They said the food just kept coming and it was all to die for! My favorite part of the entire day was the blazing donuts! If you didn’t add these into your special day yet, you 100% need to. I would recommend the Pavilion on Crystal lake to anyone getting married and I’m so happy with our decision to get married here. Just want to say thank you to the whole wedding planning team and especially Allie for making our day run smoothly and perfectly!

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 10
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 21
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 22
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 23

Julie · Married on 09/08/2018

Couldn’t have had a better day

Everyone at the Pavillion was super professional, they set up all my decorations perfectly, ran the ceremony smoothly, spent enough time with me that day of there were no questions and no hiccups, I had my own dream but they brought it to life, all my guests had a great time, the food was amazing, too

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 24
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 25

Julie and Billy!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Bringing your vision to life was so much fun! I especially loved all the custom signs and cozy blankets you provided your guests for the ceremony!! Good thinking! I keep talking about how amazing your 2nd dress was- you were a star on the dance floor!! Good luck in all your swim races- and please send us along wedding photos!!!

Jenna

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2018

The Pavilion and CT Wedding Group were incredible. The Pavilion is gorgeous, the atmosphere there is warm and inviting and our guests loved it. The food is delicious and the service was outstanding! Our guests raved over how delicious everything was. CT Wedding Group was on top of every detail and made the planning process incredibly simple and straight forward (something I really appreciated!) We had a day of coordinator, Jenna, who was just the best. She took care of my husband and me from the start, making sure we had drinks and actually got to eat dinner. She did a wonderful job relieving everyone's stress that day, especially my mom's which was huge. The wedding went off without a hitch thanks to her and the entire staff! We couldn't be happier with our venue and our night, it was flawless. If you're looking for true professionals in the wedding industry, I can't recommend The Pavilion or CT Wedding Group enough!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Hi Stephanie and Mike!

Thank you so much for such kind words! I absolutely LOVED decorating your Whimsical Themed wedding- it really brought the tree house style of the Pavilion to life! I keep raving about how adorable your Card House was! Give Tucker man a big kiss from us! And send us along photos when you get them!

Jenna

Ashlie · Married on 08/24/2018

Our wedding day was perfect! We had access to the team all the time leading up to the wedding and our questions were always answered very quickly and they accommodated all our requests!! likewise this amazing service continued the day of with Cathy being there helping us both every step of the way working with our vendors to have everything work together Fabulously! We loved everything and you all made our day perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 26

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Ashlie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review- I am so glad your day was "perfect" and as you had envisioned it. I love how Jon proposed to you at the Gazebo, and how you then used it for 1st look and got married there, I am glad it has become a special place for you two. Congrats again! ~ Cathy

Ed · Married on 08/19/2018

We had such an amazing experience at the Pavilion at Crystal Lake. The staff, food and venue overall was amazing! My husband was set on them because they focus on one wedding at a time at their venue. You can tell that this group knows their stuff. Our Wedding Planners Allie and Jenna were amazing!!! Allie had our ceremony down to the T and knew placing and provided ques for the wedding party. If you're considering using this venue you have to use Power Stations as your DJ! They also did an amazing job it was like they were just part of the venue! My guests haven't stopped talking about the amazing food and definitely get the Blazing Donuts! We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to help us navigate our day they made every moment feel amazing and special. Thank you CT Wedding Group Team!!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 27
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 28
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 29

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ed!! Your wedding was so perfect, and I feel so incredibly lucky that I was there to help you celebrate. Every single touch and detail you provided carried your vision seamlessly throughout the venue, it was honestly just flawless. We're all sending you massive hugs and wishing you a lifetime of joy together!

P.S. Jenna and I are forever cherishing (and fighting over) your BIC pen collection and they will continue to be a lovely reminder of how much we love you and Scott

Love, Allie

kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

The whole team was helpful and easy to work with. On the day of Lindsey was on the ball, keeping everything moving as it should, seeing that the whole evening was just magical for everyone. All the guests raved about the food, the space, and the staff. All in all it was the wedding I dreamed about, such a magical day. Thank you!

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Kelly, Thank you so much for your kind review! It was so wonderful celebrating with you and Brian!
    I adored your favors! The jams, syrups and various other goodies from farms in Glastonbury added a special and personal touch, which all of the guests enjoyed!
    Congratulations and Best Wishes! - Lindsay

Rachel · Married on 07/27/2018

Our wedding at The Pavilion on Crystal Lake was INCREDIBLE! I am getting emotional typing this review just remembering how much fun we and our guests had! The staff is top notch, and the quality of every detail is top notch. We have only the highest praises! Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had been to!

Sent on 08/15/2018

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, Rachel! We had such a blast working with you, and we are so happy to hear the feeling was mutual. Every single detail, from your Jazz Trio playing out on the patio during cocktail hour - up through your Ice Cream Bar (What a HIT!) after dinner was perfectly thought out and exactly what your guests wanted; nothing makes me happier than seeing the look on your guests faces when they lit up from the surprises you had in store!

Congratulations again, Rachel - Sending you all of our love! - Allie & CT Wedding Group

stacey · Married on 07/14/2018

Outstanding!!

Our day was more perfect and beautiful than we could have ever imagined it to be. We were lucky to have incredible weather, but even more lucky to have had such amazing staff working with us at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake. Allie was our on sight coordinator the day of our wedding. The attention to detail and the attention and care that she provided to the bride and groom was just so unbelievable and so appreciated. She made sure everything ran smoothly and on time. She was so patient and kind. There really are no words that can fully capture how truly outstanding our day was.

We had such a positive experience planning our wedding. Every person we spoke to was so helpful. Returned phone calls and emails within minutes. They were always ready to help and more importantly wanted to help. They helped take a lot of worry and stress away. I want to do it all over again!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 36
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 37
    The Pavilion on Crystal Lake 38

The Pavilion on Crystal Lake's reply:

Oh my goodness, Stacey! Thank you so so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, it really means so much. You and Jeff were an absolute dream to work with, and I feel so fortunate that I was able to help make your day everything you wanted. Also, these pictures are gorgeous and we cannot wait to see the rest!!! Love Allie

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2018

If you want a beautiful and stress-free wedding day, Pavilion on Crystal Lake & CT Wedding Group are absolutely the way to go! What really put Pavilion over the top on our extensive venue search (aside from the idyllic and serene ceremony site) was how clear it was that we would really feel like a priority and be taken care of and supported by their team throughout our entire wedding planning process.

Some catches to the venue - you really must go through them for all food and beverage, and large scale decorations, plus Powerstation Events has a monopoly on their sound system (other DJs & bands may bring their own, but they can't hook into the outdoor speakers, or into the discrete, tree-mounted sound system at the ceremony spot). So, if a very specific type of food, decor, or music is important to you and isn't offered by them, this may not be the place for you, but these things were not deterrents for us. If anything, it made some decisions easier for us.

Throughout wedding planning many people will tell you to plan for things to go wrong on the day, so I honestly felt like I was in a dream and needed to keep pinching myself due to how exquisite everything was on our wedding day, and how seamlessly the day flowed from one thing to the next, in large part thanks to the day-of coordinator we were assigned by CT wedding group - Jenna. She was such a calming influence on our day, and we truly never felt like we needed to worry about a thing. I was blown away by how beautifully she displayed all of our family photos and decorations to ensure the space was extra lovely and extra "us" for our celebration. The planning team seems to have an answer for every possible question, and their attention to detail is astounding. On top of that, the food was delicious and they went the extra mile to make sure all of our guests with dietary restrictions ate full and delicious meals alongside everyone else.

You won't regret having your wedding here!!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Kelly and Dan!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Working with you all was such a pleasure- your wedding vision truly came to life and I am so glad to have been apart of it! Give the kitties smooches from all of us here- we can’t wait to see your photos from the wedding! Cheers!! - Jenna