The Parlour at Manns Chapel Reviews

The Parlour at Manns Chapel 5
  • Allen

Allen Gent · Married on 10/12/2019

Beyond my expectations

We received so many comments from people that it was the most beautiful wedding that they had ever attended. A large amount of credit goes to Aimee and Yvette for creating a venue with such elegance, class, and history all wrapped up in one very nice package. The venue by itself offers so much beauty that it doesn’t take many floral arrangements and other decorations to deliver a magical day.

I was also highly impressed with Aimee and Yvette’s attention to detail and desire to ensure that our day was everything we wanted. Every time we met with them, you could tell they were just invested as we were. They go above and beyond to make sure that they help bring your vision to life.

I am so thankful we chose The Parlour at the Manns Chapel for our wedding day! It was such a beautiful day!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Kate

Kate Pyle · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible Wedding Venue

The Parlour is the most charming place in Chapel Hill! It is romantic, elegant, peaceful, and warm all at the same time. It was incredible being able to have the ceremony and reception at the same location - and the rain plan (which we didn't need) was so easy, as the outside courtyard is very easy to tent. The staff were so accommodating to help creating the best day I've ever had!

Sent on 07/27/2019

The Parlour at Manns Chapel's reply:

Yay!!!!! So honored to be a part of your day. Your creativity was such a perfect match:))) Wishing you the absolute best and hope to see you soon.
  • W

Wayne Stephenson · Married on 05/18/2019

Helping a dad give his baby girl the wedding of her dreams

My youngest daughter and I were in a situation where we were the only ones who were planning her wedding. We visited a number of venues in the Triangle, mainly focused on an urban contemporary theme. Still she wanted to visit the Parlour since she hadn't found a venue that "fit". Literally, as soon as we got out of the car at the Parlour, my daughter, her fiancee and I made eye contact and before we even said a word, we knew this was the perfect venue for my daughter's personality. "Urban contemporary" quickly became "vintage". She wanted small and intimate and the Parlour is exactly that. Aimee and Yvette were great to work with. Not only did they give great advice about the venue, they gave fantastic recommendations of other vendors we would need. I was a "fish out of water" with all this wedding planning and between the Parlour and the other vendors they recommended, I had a team that helped me give my daughter and new son in law the wedding of their dreams. We never felt we were "customers", but were dealing with folks who truly wanted to help bring my daughter's vision into reality. An added bonus was about a month before the wedding, Aimee and Yvette added the retro airliner bridal suite which was a great vintage touch to my daughter's vision. In the days before the wedding I felt I was on a tight rope and something would go wrong. However, on the wedding day, due to the efforts of the folks at the Parlour and all the other folks they referred us to, not only did my daughter get the wedding of her dreams, everything exceeded our expectations. Not a single complaint by any guest on a rather warm day and quite a number of compliments. Since the FOB is the host of the wedding, that was perfect to hear. I appreciate so much as a dad who had no experience at all with putting together an event like this, that Aimee, Yvette and all the folks that they recommended allowed me to give my baby girl the wedding she had always wanted.

The Parlour at Manns Chapel 6
    The Parlour at Manns Chapel 7
    The Parlour at Manns Chapel 8
    The Parlour at Manns Chapel 9
    Sent on 05/20/2019

The Parlour at Manns Chapel's reply:

Beyond thankful to become a part of your lives!!!! Thank you FOB- your love for them was so evident every step of the way!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/21/2018

Gorgeous space, even better staff!

Yvette and Amie are absolutely lovely to work with! They were so flexible, accommodating, and generous with their expertise. This is all in addition to the fact that the indoor and outdoor spaces at The Parlour are absolutely gorgeous! We feel privileged to have been married here and would recommend it to any other couple!

Sent on 11/27/2018

The Parlour at Manns Chapel's reply:

Our sincerest joy to be a part of your day!!!!! Best wishes to you both and please come and visit soon.
    Warmes,
    Aimee + Yvette

Diana · Married on 09/22/2018

As soon as my fiancé and I walked into the Parlour, we just knew it was where we wanted to get married. The space itself is beautiful. Every inch of the historic chapel has been lovingly restored with great care and intention. Everything about the space, from the tiny vintage accents to the historical stained glass windows, fit our aesthetic and the vibe we wanted for our day. Yvette was very accommodating and worked with us to envision the perfect day for us. We loved that we could have our reception in the same space, and staff is very flexible, creating the exact day that you want.

Our guests loved the space, and the vintage feel of the venue. It is convenient to Chapel Hill and Faerrington, but with the feel of a small country chapel. The staff was incredibly professional and accommodating. The Parlour does require a day-of coordinator (I highly recommend Kast Events, which is on site at the venue) and event insurance.

Now that our wedding is over, I'm sorry not to have an excuse to visit this beautiful space regularly. Thankfully, the space also offers dance lessons and yoga classes so I can get my fix in!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

The dream wedding venue

This is the most perfect venue imaginable! Book now, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Julie

Julie Chin · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely the best!

The team at the Parlour, not only have the vision and creativity to make your dream wedding come true, but they provide the absolute attention, help, and support needed to plan a wedding! They are fully committed and passionate and know what they are doing, and their work truly shines when they pull it all together for you on your special day!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Erin · Married on 04/14/2018

We had our wedding and reception at The Parlour. It was INCREDIBLE. The space is so special and sweet- a historic chapel re-purposed into a stylish and intimate event space. There are several options for set up, and great indoor/ outdoor space- our guests loved lounging in the courtyard, or dancing in the chapel. The venue is very clearly loved and meticulously maintained by its owners, Aimee and Yvette. They are a great creative team-they designed our invitations and we received so many compliments on them! Generally, they are so easy and nice to work with- communicative, responsive, and flexible! Not only are they great, but Kast Events (wedding planner) has an office there. Talk about an incredible team! Cheryl- Anne Kast is an EXCELLENT planner and makes wedding planning easy! These ladies put together exactly what my now-husband and I were looking for and guided us through every detail. The Parlour really has it all- a warm, rustic, and romantic venue, an expert creative team, and value, too! I would HIGHLY recommend The Parlour! I wish we could do it all over again :)

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ava · Married on 10/07/2017

We rented out The Parlour for a Friday Evening Welcome Supper for our daughter’s Fearrington Wedding. We feel very fortunate to have found such a charming and affordable venue so close to the Fearrington venue, our home, and guest hotels. I had hired a caterer to provide Southern Barbeque for the event. Aimee Flynn and Yvette Navarro, Parlour co-owners, were delightful to work with. They assisted me in suggesting attractive table arrangements using their lovely collection of antique farm tables, and also took care of decorating the tables with runners and flowers. They helped me to find a great bartender and cleanup help for the evening. They were readily available to meet with the caterer and me whenever necessary and answered my emails promptly and helpfully. They even allowed me early access to the venue to set up. The bathrooms and kitchen area were spotless and adequate. Having the delightful lit patio available on a lovely autumn evening was the perfect extra touch. I could not have been more pleased with the warm family and friends event that ensued.

Sent on 04/14/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/05/2017

What a beautiful location for our rehearsal dinner. One of the prettiest venues in the area. We were pleased with the setting, the owners professionalism, and every aspect of the experience.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Dara · Married on 11/11/2016

My new husband and I hosted our wedding at The Parlour at Manns Chapel in November of 2016. From start to finish it was an amazing experience. Working with Yvette and Aimee was a true blessing! The ladies assisted our planning, above and beyond in every imaginable way.

Not only is the space gorgeous, welcoming and current – but also a true work of art. These ladies have put their heart and souls into this space and it shows!
    We have already referred The Parlour at Manns Chapel to numerous people; we cannot praise them enough.

Thank you, Yvette, and Aimee – we couldn’t have done it without you!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Heather · Married on 10/08/2016

My new wife and I serendipitously stumbled upon The Parlour on a drive one weekend and we couldn't get the space out of our head. When it came time to plan our wedding we contacted Aimee and Yvette and they immediately set up a time to meet with them. We wanted a venue that didn't need much dressing up and as you can see from the pictures, the ladies have impeccable taste. They have done a tremendous job not only restoring the space, but improving upon it! From the moment we walked into the chapel and took in the beautiful wooden floors, lighting fixtures, and repurposed pieces we were in love! Yvette and Aimee took lots of time with us and put together the package of our dreams at a very affordable price point.

If you go by the venue and meet the ladies, you'll immediately see how special and unique the Parlour is. You will immediately see how invested Aimee and Yvette are in building a space of community and creativity that is welcoming to all (we are an LGBTQ couple). There are a lot of venue owners who are just out to make a buck, but when you meet the ladies of the Parlour you see that they genuinely care about the people they work with. We felt like they sincerely shared our joy and that made all the difference for us. If you want a worry free experience with amazingly talented people, give them a call. We have told everyone we know. We look forward to attending future events at the Parlour. To Yvette and Aimee we extend a heartfelt thank you. You gave us a night we will never forget!-- Heather and Cordelia

Sent on 12/18/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I are so thankful to have found The Parlour for our wedding venue. As soon as I walked into this venue, I knew it was exactly what we had been searching for. The Parlour is the perfect mix of rustic elegance and Aimee and Yvette have done such an amazing job preserving original features of the chapel, including the stunning stained glass windows. Our wedding was so much more than we could have ever imagined and The Parlour will always be a special place for us because of all the memories we made there. We highly recommend this venue- it is a little piece of southern charm and Aimee and Yvette are so passionate about this beautiful place they have created for gatherings.

Sent on 12/18/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea P. Wiley · Married on 05/14/2016

The Parlour at Manns Chapel Was Amazing

The event planners made my wedding day an event to remember! It was absolutely perfect!

The Parlour at Manns Chapel 10
    The Parlour at Manns Chapel 18
    The Parlour at Manns Chapel 19
    Sent on 07/22/2019

The Parlour at Manns Chapel's reply:

Yay! What a truly sweet day it was!!!!!! We were so honored to be a part of it and look forward to hearing your story unfold. Wishing you the best!

karen · Married on 10/29/2016

Beautiful venue for our wedding! The owners are amazing and tentative to your needs. The only thing (which was in our contract so we were aware) is that the costs for additional parking are extra. If more than 25 cars are expected to be at the venue then you need to rent their lot as you are not allowed to park on the street. Also be ready to buy your own extra liability insurance plan (again, listed in the contract but it is an extra cost to budget). I just wish for the cost of the venue they would include those things. Other than that, everything was perfect and was such an amazing day.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Alison · Married on 06/23/2018

3.0

They were helpful. Wasn’t happy with the florist they recommended but they were helpful and courteous.

We loved this beautiful chapel. We had 98 guest so it was a little tight for our wedding party especially with only 2 bathrooms. Parking was limited and not ideal for our number of guest. We loved that the chapel was centrally located close to the Merirott for out of town guest as well as rooms for the wedding party to get ready in. We had our wedding at 4pm in side the chapel and were outside for the reception by 5pm. It was a unseasonably hot day in June but around 6:30pm the receptiin area in the garden became more shaded and would be perfect for a outside dining experience. But by that time we had moved back into the chapel for cake cutting and dancing. Very sweet chapel and all in all a beautiful day. The chapel is charming and beautiful.

The Parlour at Manns Chapel 20