The Overlook Grill Reviews

The Overlook Grill 6
The Overlook Grill 7

Scott Sachs, Father Of The Bride · Married on 11/10/2018

The Overlook Grill

Highly recommend The Overlook Grill as a wedding venue. Not posh or snooty, rather it is comfortable and welcoming, with its own unique charm. The food was great, and isn't that truly what your guests remember? We had a November Saturday night event, both fireplaces were lit which added to the atmosphere. Drinks and appetizers were in the bar area, plated sit-down dinner was served in their party area which included a nice size dance floor. Taylor Goodyear handled all of the planning, was very considerate of our needs and special requests, plus was on-site during the wedding, which greatly aided our comfort level. Their Executive Chef, Zou, served a fantastic menu, lots of choices, including some very unique special dishes that were absolutely terrific.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Haley Filko · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience

I had the most amazing experience having my wedding at The Overlook. I began working with them about a year and a half prior to my wedding and the entire planning experience happened with ease. The planner, Taylor, was so sweet and professional and made the experience stress-free. Chef Zou and his staff are amazing and we had SO many compliments on the food. He even made us a late nigh snack of 3 different sliders. I would absolutely recommend The Overlook for any event and am already hoping to be invited to weddings there in the future!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

The Overlook was a phenomenal venue for both our wedding and reception. Not only is it gorgeous, but Katie and Chef Zou work hard to make your day as smooth as possible. I felt completely comfortable with them through the whole process, and in the end they executed perfectly. They really went above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect, and are worth their weight in gold. They allowed us to bring our dogs to the venue (just for outdoor pictures), and allowed us to do a sparkler sendoff. Overall, it was awesome.

Sent on 10/10/2017
    The Overlook Grill 8
    The Overlook Grill 9
    The Overlook Grill 10
    The Overlook Grill 11
    The Overlook Grill 12
    The Overlook Grill 13

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I got married on Saturday, September 2nd at The Overlook in Kent and everything went beautifully. The staff was beyond helpful every step of the way. They were extremely accommodating about certain requests and did an amazing job coordinating everything, especially on wedding day. The wedding coordinator, Katie, had a lot of pieces and parts to coordinate already, but she took on managing our especially difficult DJ, too. Also, the food was phenomenal! Chef Zou is brilliant and his creations are just so delicious. We are thankful we live close to the venue so we can enjoy dinner and reminisce on our beautiful day! Thank you to Katie, Chef Zou, and the rest of The Overlook for making our day so very special! My only critique is that I wish the handicap bathroom in the ballroom was more easily accessible/ready for use. Other than that, everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2017

Katie and the entire overlook team were outstanding! They were very easy to deal with and Katie got right back to us on any questions. I felt like everything I asked of them was answered with "of course! Not a problem!" Katie made the wedding planning process so easy. And the food was amazing! Chef Zou has serious talent and all of our guests raved about the food. The location was beautiful and perfect. I seriously cannot recommend the overlook enough for a wedding. You will not be disappointed if you choose them. We took our photos here also and the grounds here were stunning for that!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Alicia · Married on 08/05/2017

The Overlook staff is wonderful to work with and help make the day run so smoothly! Katie is excellent to work with when planning!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Ellen · Married on 07/15/2017

The Overlook was amazing. They were so easy to work with and the food was great. I could not be happier with choosing this venue. They day turned out perfectly.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Pam · Married on 04/22/2017

This venue is the TOTAL package! Katie and staff really focused on our needs and made sure our experience was everything we wanted. The food, rustic atmosphere and staff were excellent! We shopped many venues for our wedding. As soon as we walked into The Overlook, we knew this was the venue for the wedding. As an active military family wedding, with some very last minute changes, we were able to hold not only the reception but transform the ball room area into the ceremony, then back into the dance area. The areas for the bridesmaids and groomsmen were perfect too! The outside areas we used for pictures was beautifully landscaped and the view of the lake added so much to the atmosphere. After the wedding, we had so many compliments from our guests on how good the food was as well as the staff and wedding as a whole. We will always recommend this venue to anyone who is getting ready to host a wedding! The Overlook made our son and daughter-in-laws wedding such a memorable event that we will be talking about it for years!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Laura · Married on 03/18/2017

We had our wedding reception at The Overlook and we were thrilled with how it turned out. The staff is friendly, responsive, and professional. The food was AMAZING and all my guests could not stop complimenting it. This is not your typical wedding food. The view is lovely, and even though it was cold and rainy on the wedding day, it made for a beautiful setting. The staff was very patient and understanding with us. Five stars!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Caity · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at the Overlook on September 24,2016; although we had actually booked it September of 2014. We were pleased beyond our wildest dreams with how well everything turned out! Chelsea and Katie were our wedding coordinators and their level of professionalism and attention to detail was out of this world! They made sure they knew every little detail and exactly how we wanted things to play out to ensure that everything would go smoothly without us needing to worry about anything the day of. They were so accomodating and so kind and genuine that I truly felt like my day was all about me. I never once had to chase them down or take care of anything myself because they were always checking on us to make sure everything was okay! Chef Zou created a perfect dinner for us based off what WE wanted. We wanted to do something untraditional and we gave him a price and some ideas and he took it and ran with it! He never once tried to force us to do something we didn't want to do and hit it out of the ball park with his dishes! We had a backyard cookout theme with ribs and pulled chicken sliders and baked beans and chicken salad that I'm STILL talking about and every single one of our guests was blown away--even a grandma that always has an opinion! He even made it a point to go around afterwards and make sure everyone was pleased with their meal. The venue was what initially made us want to get married at the Overlook. The pergola down by the lake with the beautifually lanscaped grounds made our wedding day so picture-perfect. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and thought everything was just absolutely perfect! The staff at the Overlook is 5-star all the way. There was not a single person that I talked to that was not wildly impressed with how attentive and personable and hard working they were. Thank you to the Overlook for making our wedding PERFECT!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Megan · Married on 05/07/2016

Katie, Chef Zou and the entire Overlook staff were the best team we could have ever asked for! Our wedding was so perfect and we were so impressed with their attention to detail and their professionalism. We can't wait to come back for dinner! Our decorations were very involved and everything looked so perfect. THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of our hearts for making this day so special. We love The Overlook!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Beautiful venue right on Twin Lakes in Kent! The customer service is unmatched and the food is to die for - everyone keeps complimenting our wedding because we didn't serve "wedding food." On our menu was Delmonico steak, Sicilian chicken and Herb-crusted salmon ... all for a very reasonable price. My husband and I don't really like cake, so Chef Zou even made us cupcake-sized Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes. Seriously mouth watering!

The 1920's building was perfect for my rustic-romantic themed wedding. Since we were married in the winter, the front ball room was my favorite with two large fireplaces and romantic light fixtures. The whole building is truly charming with amazing views of the lake all across the back of the venue. Plus, they have a pergola on the lake to get married under during the warmer months that we were able to snap some pictures under.

The staff was also amazing and they make you feel like family ... I would recommend The Overlook to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Kelli · Married on 09/08/2018

The Overlook was a wonderful location for our wedding. It poured down rain on our wedding day and we stuck with it and continued with the outdoor ceremony. Despite the obvious panic, the staff was on board with me when we decided to keep it outside. They ordered a tent for our ceremony (WITHOUT US ASKING!) for the sound system for our Officiant and Violinist and covered the cost which was amazing. This venue is STUNNING, rain or shine. Very good experiences across the board. Be sure to have your ideal itinerary and STICK TO IT. Be sure to keep an email of everything discussed to keep things on track! Rain threw our timeline a little out of whack and we had to make some adjustments with the bar package last minute, but Chef Zou offered a great deal and his staff members were very accommodating.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    The Overlook Grill 14
    The Overlook Grill 15
    The Overlook Grill 16
    The Overlook Grill 17

Elyse · Married on 04/14/2018

My family and I absolutely loved working with The Overlook for my Wedding and rehearsal dinner! Their food is AMAZING thanks to their wonderful chef/part owner, who is also extremely kind and accommodating. Our guests all complemented the food and said it was some of the best they had ever had at a wedding. The food was also prompt in coming out and the staff was great at keeping up with clearing trash & plates. They also have the sweetest event coordinators I could have ever hoped to work with! One was transitioning out to work full time in her career field and the other was transitioning in to take her place, but they were still on top of everything and were both willing to jump in for anything we needed. I cannot express how accommodating they were and they allowed us to decorate and put our own special touches on the place. They also had a TV that we could connect to in order to play a video at the reception. Although it was raining on our wedding day, the indoor venue looked just as beautiful and we could not have been happier in choosing The Overlook for our special day. We look forward to going to their restaurant that is open during the week and would highly recommend them as a venue for any event!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Karly · Married on 11/04/2016

This venue had everything to offer for the kind of wedding we wanted: intimate (we had 140 people), beautiful, and an extremely professional and caring staff. My day was completely stress-free and more than that, I felt personally attended-to by Katie, the coordinator, Zou, the chef, Michael, the owner, and all the servers and staff who worked the actual event. They were flexible in arranging to drop off and pick up decorations, accessible to answer questions. It was easy to put my trust in them and they really delivered. It's a gorgeous space (especially for the lake view) at a reasonable price, but what really sells this venue is the customer service. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2016

sarah · Married on 07/14/2017

Josh and I loved our wedding reception! The venue is gorgeous and the food was delicious! Katie did a wonderful job even when we threw some curve balls with our wedding guests at the last second!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Shelby · Married on 06/17/2017

Wow. My husband and I can't say enough nice things about The Overlook. The venue was beautiful, the food was awesome, but the real gem of this establishment is their venue coordinator, Katie. She was honest, kind, and kept our day running seamlessly. She returned calls and emails within a day, if not an hour. You can truly tell she cares about making your day special.

The outdoor ceremony site is absolutely breathtaking, and the indoor ceremony site is equally lovely. The food was incredible - Chef Zhou was great to work with and helped us form a perfect, well-balanced menu.

Everyone here was a joy to work with. And for the price, you truly can't beat it - set-up and cleanup are all included in the cost of the venue. It was wonderful to not have to worry about rushing around the night before the wedding to get the reception set up, and even more wonderful to get to spend the evening of our wedding with our guests and not have to worry about packing things up!

Thank you, The Overlook staff, for making our wedding one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/22/2017

3.5

Overall, our experience with The Overlook was amazing!! Katie, Chef Zou, and the rest of the staff helped to make our wedding day one to remember. When we initially booked our wedding, it was with a different coordinator. I was nervous about the transition when Katie started, but she did a truly amazing job, kept everything so organized, and made sure our day stayed on track. I looked at several venues and found that The Overlook offered a complete package, for the best value. Since they are a fully functioning restaurant during the week, they don't nickel and dime you for minuscule things like table cloths and coffee mugs like catering companies will. Chef Zou provides an extraordinary tasting of his wedding menu, and the food we selected for our reception was loved by our guests! The ceremony space by the lake is absolutely stunning and the beautiful grounds make for the best photos. I only have a few pieces of constructive criticism I will offer -- while the bridal suite upstairs is perfect for the ladies, the space in the basement for the men is lacking. There were a few times where I e-mailed Katie, and did not hear back after a few days. After shooting her a quick text, though, she was always quick to respond. I know she has a LOT on her plate, as she coordinates all events at The Overlook (not just weddings!). We opted to do the 4-hour bar, and closed it down for 1 hour during dinner; I would suggest making sure this is announced by the DJ prior to your guests entering the reception, because we had a few guests who were unaware and when they tried to get even a coke from the bar, they had some problems with the bartenders rudely stating that the bar was closed and waiters should be serving them (but the waiters had not been around yet). As stated above, our overall experience was amazing! I hope this feedback can help both the staff and future brides. Thanks for giving us a beautiful wedding day! We will be back for more of Chef Zou's amazing cuisine!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Tricia · Married on 10/09/2016

3.0

We had our wedding at the Overlook this weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. The venue was perfect- inside and outside. The staff and Katie did awesome with the ceremony and reception and really stayed on top of keeping things flowing and organized. All of our guests raved about the food- we had a Sunday Brunch with a big variety and every dish was delicious. Chef Zou truly takes pride in his events and his venue, and he helped us create the perfect day. I highly recommend this venue for any type of event!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Edward · Married on 06/11/2017

4.2

The staff is very wiling to adapt to and achieve whatever your hopes for your big day are. Their highest priority is to make it all that you hope it to be and in my own personal experience, have worked extra hard to serve us with no additional compensation expected. Highly recommend their location and staff (especially their wedding planner) to any who may be looking for a venue.

Sent on 03/18/2017

Eric · Married on 07/30/2016

4.2

Beautiful location and a relax atmosphere.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/12/2017

3.5

I love the Overlook Grill and it's gorgeous. The food is incredible and they were willing to go away from a traditional menu to make our day special. Overall it cost more than I wanted to pay, but they were willing to work with our budget and we were able to compromise to get what I wanted. Very Pleased!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Jordan · Married on 06/23/2018

3.8
      2.5

The chef and food were both amazing. He made the night. They hired a new wedding planner between our booking and the wddding. The new wedding planner was very new and had some difficulty managing the details and was short and not very helpful at times. She came through the night of the event, but double booking during our meetings and poor responsiveness and a little bit of an attitude really made us miss the original wedding planner.

Sent on 07/10/2018