The Orange Hill Restaurant Reviews

12 | Orange, CA

12 Reviews for The Orange Hill Restaurant

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

Our daughter’s wedding reception was held in the Evening Star ballroom and on the north patio terrace of this stunning facility which offers magnificent views of SoCal, Catalina Island, and Disney fireworks. Lauren was wonderful to work with. The food was fabulous, and the banquet staff service, seamless. Orange Hill offered several packages, and came alongside us to plan each aspect of the event:
    — provided references for top-notch vendors who were so professional and a pleasure to work with (Florist Kevin Reeder, Patty’s Cakes, accepted and coordinated with our choice of amazing DJ,
    Dean Hall)
    — food and wine tastings
    — allowed us to peek in while other receptions were being set up to help us visualize
    — room access to show groom’s family and our family when they were in town
    — incredible garden of lights views as one stands on the patio overlooking SoCal in the evening
    — floor to ceiling window walls so all can enjoy views from inside ballroom, which also contains fireplace and dance floor
    — gourmet food and appetizers
    — personalized floor plans to help with guest placement
    Thank you, Orange Hill, for partnering with us to create a wedding reception which exceeded our already, high expectations. You truly are a light of joy and celebration on a hill, and the memories made will never be forgotten and always bring a smile.

Sent on 06/01/2018

natalie · Married on 05/21/2016

The food, the service and the view is great. The location for our ceremony and reception. The staff have been great with helping me and answering all my questions

Sent on 09/17/2015

The team at orange hill was exquisite

Sent on 07/13/2015

jessica · Married on 08/03/2014

Orange Hill Restaurant was the perfect venue for our wedding. We used the larger patio for our ceremony and the view overlooking the city was spectacular. It made the pictures amazing! Morgan was great to work with. She always got back to us quickly and answered all of our questions. The food was fabulous and everyone enjoyed it. The reception hall was well set up and fit our needs perfectly. This venue is beyond amazing!!!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Christina · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I got married two weeks ago and were so grateful to have chosen Orange Hill Restaurant for our location! Good food, great views! Our guests had a wonderful time. We had 130 guests in the starlight ballroom. We were so worried since it was 100 degrees on the day of our wedding, but they figured out a way to hold the cocktail hour indoors and open up the patio after dinner. Ashlee was very helpful. This venue has pretty strict guidelines but it didn't really affect the outcome of our wedding, just make sure you read the policies thoroughly and ask questions. We got the highest package which included upgraded chairs, linens, cake, valet, 4 hour hosted bar. It's definitely worth it, especially when you compare the with other restaurants and venues of that quality in Orange County. We had the most perfect day and were so happy to have had our reception at Orange Hill. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/19/2018

claudia · Married on 08/08/2011

Orange Hill Restaurant is known for its breathtaking view, and for its great tasting food...which were 2 of the reasons why we selected this location as our venue....The guests all agreed the ceremony and view were amazing, along with our guitarists playing in the background. The event went smooth, and everyone loved the food and ceremony, staff was prepared and willing to adjust and help make things easier for us. They let our florist set up 3 hours early, and were very professional.... quality of service was great, all the food tasted great.

Sent on 08/27/2011
  • Clarisa

Clarisa · Married on 09/15/2019

Near Perfect!

Pros:
    -- We had a relatively small and intimate wedding, and our top requirements were good food and an open bar. The food was delicious (filet, salmon, and the ravioli for our vegetarians), and the drinks were flowing all night.
    -- The restaurant is really lovely and has a nice rustic aesthetic without feeling too stuffy or like a cabin in the woods. We got the bigger ballroom which had floor to ceiling windows all around. The view at sunset was amazing!
    -- Choosing linens and cake was a breeze. The basic cake at Patty's is included for the price and no matter what it'll be tasty. We ended up spending around $60 to upgrade to fancier icing decor, but it still would've been delicious if we hadn't.
    -- Cindy and her assistant Rudy were easy to work with and were very good about answering all the questions we had. They made very helpful suggestions when we were picking out our entrees and our linens and we were glad for the guidance!
    --Bridal suite was very useful to keep extra shoes and items in, though I wish they'd either leave it unlocked or give the bride a copy of the key because we locked ourselves out for a bit and it took a couple of tries to finally get someone to unlock it.

The day wasn't without its hiccups though:
    -- Would recommend either hiring a coordinator though or appointing someone as your wedding manager. Venue tried to say that we were over a few people on the day of (something about a few extra place settings, though I had sent over exact counts for each table so there wouldn't be any empty seats set up), and my MIL ended up fixing the issue and filling me in a few days after.
    -- Linens weren't set up at 3 which meant table decor was a little delayed when our parents were trying to hustle so they could make it to the ceremony at 4 in a different location. My other MIL had to step in here to fix things as well.
    -- The bar was supposed to be set up inside rather than outside, so the DJ had to do some wrangling to keep people around for the big events. But, it was nice to see that the patio got some usage.
    Overall, if I had to do it again, I would still pick Orange Hill despite the few wrinkles, but I would highly recommend hiring a coordinator (or having two go-getter MILs in my case) to help things go smoothly. If they had an in-house DOC, I would've thrown my money at them.

Sent on 10/18/2019

4.2

Our wedding was amazing at this venue. The views were spectacular and we managed to get great photos of the ceremony during a sunset. Our contact at this venue was helpful and accommodating however costs snuck up on us quickly throughout the planning process

Sent on 10/27/2012

Maggi · Married on 07/16/2011

3.8
      3.0

Family loved the venue! Perfect for out-of-towners to have a special moment. We had a nice event. Upbeat & happy. Room was beautful. They take care of rentals and have good vendor list.
    They don't make a bride feel very special. Would not take my containers of decor ahead, which meant I was dragging items around when I should have been getting dresses and applying lipstick. Their lack of cooperation and assumption of control & responsibility made event start late.
    Did not like the inconsistent point-person. Bride was bothered a lot during event with trivial catering questions. Excellent "food" feedback from guests.

Sent on 08/09/2011

ace · Married on 07/24/2015

3.4
      3.0

Great location, the view says it all. Bartenders are the best part, are very knowledgeable. Service was ok. We had about 50 family members, orders were getting mixed up, but we were just so hungry that whatever food landed in front of us, we took.

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • Louisa

Louisa · Married on 09/22/2018

Poor Service

I worked with the coordinator who was very helpful and quick to respond to to all my emails, but the service on the wedding day was awful (the restaurant coordinator is not present during the wedding, you have to hire a day of coordinator on your own). I wanted guests to be served right away after the first dance, and we ended up waiting over an hour for cold food with almost no sides. Dinner being served so late completely ruined my schedule. We sat there just waiting and waiting for cold food and then had to rush father/bride, groom/mother dance, cake cutting, bouquet and garter toss, when we had planned some dancing and space between each but had to get them done before the photographer left. It pained me to see my guests just waiting for food and I was getting restless as I just wanted to eat and have the party start. While waiting for dinner no one was served wine even though it was part of the package (they did eventually when I complained), and no one got water and two tables never got cake, one being the table with my immediate family. There was another wedding going on in the smaller room which was the excuse I was given, but my wedding had less than 60 people and as they are a restaurant I would expect better service. Also, they tell you its all inclusive for 10k, but you will later get a bill for over 5k for service and gratuity, but when I left the wedding the staff said that does not include any tips for them or extra pay, so I'm not sure what that bill is for. If you want a great view this is your place, but if you want your wedding to go somewhat as planned (there will always be bumps, but this was unacceptable) and good service, avoid this place. Thankfully I had my ceremony at a different location.

Sent on 11/27/2018

lindseyhorvath54@gmail.com · Married on 07/05/2014

0.8
      0.5

It's with sadness that I am writing this review because we had such high hopes for Orange Hill, being such a well-known and highly regarded restaurant. My wife and I had our wedding reception there for our wedding this past July 5th for 160 guests, and the service was beyond atrocious. I worked in the service industry for over 10 years as a waiter, bartender and party coordinator, and have never seen a more unprepared staff, or a more inflexible wedding coordinator and management.

I have written out a lengthy review detailing many of the issues we had, which will not fit into this small box, so please take a look at my full review here:

We would discourage anyone from using Orange Hill for their banquet or reception until they get their act together and fix the many, many issues that exist.

Sent on 07/28/2014