The Oaks Lakeside Reviews

The Oaks Lakeside 6
The Oaks Lakeside 7

Dee Fairweather · Married on 09/07/2019

Phenomenal

Guys! I could not have asked for a more beautiful or smooth wedding day! We almost didn’t visit because of the small occupancy number listed on The Knot but they can accommodate much more than 150. They’ve recently renovated their event/reception side of the venue and it is absolutely stunning! I’d you're looking for a sophisticated yet comfortable venue, this is the place. I’d describe it as clean, fresh, and simplistic. They have just the right amount of decorations within the hall including greenery and strings of lights. I was going for a garden party theme so it was perfect but you can really make it what you want.

The ceremony site is SO pretty. You can get married right off the lake and the sun sets right behind the ceremony gazebo. We honestly almost didn’t contact them because the venue looked so expensive online but it is so affordable. The grounds are perfect for pictures of you, your wedding party, and family. Lots of pretty options.

We did a cocktail hour after the ceremony and it was so fun. We had the pleasure of attending a friend’s wedding at the same location a month before ours and theirs was just as fun with a more classic twist. Both were lovely!

The dinner was literally to die for! We did the Gorgonzola chicken, herb crushed medallions, and salmon and I would sell my right hand to eat it again (I’m right handed). ;)

From the get-go, the coordinator there, Kristi rocked it. She was able to answer all our questions on the first visit and throughout the planning process was so accommodating and wonderful! She took care of coordinating vendors day of and stopped in frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. We got ready on premisses in their beautifully new bride’s room and it was so much fun.

If you’re in the area and choose another venue you are not thinking clearing, visit The Oaks. This is the place to get married and celebrate!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Ruth · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely beautiful wedding!

My daughter was married and had her reception at the Oaks this past Saturday. It was amazing! Kristi and her staff dis an exceptional job. The food was incredible and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. My daughter and I could not have chosen a better venue for her wedding. Kristi and the staff at the Oaks helped make it a perfect and memorable day!!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Heidi Halpin · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and beautiful!

Kristi was great to work with! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful and all of guests couldn’t stop talking about how great the food was.

Sent on 06/29/2019

The Oaks Lakeside's reply:

We are so glad you and your guests had such a great experience! And we couldn’t agree more, Kristi is great to work with! ;) Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful review!
  • Mary

Mary Moenich · Married on 05/11/2019

Renovated dream come true!

Anthony and I are so happy with our vendor choice with the Oaks Lakeside! We knew signing up for a 4 month engagement for a Spring wedding would be difficult (or impossible), but we couldn't be more pleased with our results! We were able to sign with the Oaks in this short time period, as they were available on the date of BOTH our parents wedding anniversaries! The facility was undergoing a HUGE renovation and we were to be their first run (which was a little nervewracking at first but so worth the results!) The new renovations at Oaks Lakeside are so beautiful! They have a HUGE bridal party room (good for the 8-person party I had). There was more than enough room for dancing, outside hangout, photos, and gifts/favors/seating chart. The food is AMAZING! The outdoor wedding ceremony rock pergola location was the reason I picked this venue--I've always wanted an outdoor wedding and the beach on the lakefront was the selling point. We were able to get incredible photos on the beach, wisteria walkway, with many flowers, statue silliness, and first look. I want to thank Kristi & Johnny for being so great about our many little requests & details: holding our date until I had the ring

Sent on 06/06/2019
    The Oaks Lakeside 8
    The Oaks Lakeside 9
    The Oaks Lakeside 10
    The Oaks Lakeside 11
    The Oaks Lakeside 12
    The Oaks Lakeside 13

The Oaks Lakeside's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonder review, Mary! We are so glad we had the availability and that you trusted us to host your beautiful wedding day.
    Thank you again, Mary!
    Ps. Your picture are Gorgeous!

R. Bowman · Married on 09/07/2018

Service and Food Outstanding!

The service and food was outstanding! I felt as soon as we walked thru the door everything was taken care of and we could truly enjoy the celebration!

Sent on 10/22/2018

The Oaks Lakeside's reply:

Thank You so much for your review! We strive for just that, so we are so happy you were able to feel confident that we have it handled so you could enjoy your Special Day! Thank you for choosing The Oaks!

Kate · Married on 08/02/2015

We had a unique situation where we had wanted to get married at the Oaks, however due to being per swayed and pushed by our families, we would up having a very formal, traditional, and large wedding. Not that it wasn't lovely! Just not what we wanted. My husband and I decided to do a less formal route for our one year anniversary and write our own vows like we had wanted and get "remarried". Obviously, not the most typical wedding inquiry. The Oaks was super kind and accommodating to our situation and we had a wonderful anniversary day! They even gave us a complimentary glass of champagne to toast with! Beautiful location and grounds and very kind and helpful staff!

Sent on 12/27/2015
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/18/2014

We were very happy with our wedding at The Oaks Lakeside. It was beautiful and we received many compliments. The owner and wedding manager were both very helpful and helped us to have the wedding we wanted. We had a few minor things turn out differently then we planned, but because we were on top of things, we were able to communicate this with the venue and they worked with us to fix them.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Katherine · Married on 06/15/2014

We wanted a small, elegant wedding without the difficulties of having our guests travel to a different location for the reception. The Oaks restaurant itself is beautifully located and the food and service were fabulous. My pictures are stunning and my guests had a great time and were very impressed. The Oaks event planner, Glenda Hodges, was brilliant and easy to work with - despite the several changes I made to the order of events a week before the wedding. I highly recommend both The Oaks Restaurant and Glenda Hodges.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Hiromi · Married on 04/20/2013

I knew their food was good by going there for business dinner. The lakeside restaurant is also very pretty and professional people work there. Sandy, the catering manager, was very nice and she was thorough. We met a few times before the wedding and she was there the whole time during the wedding to assist us. Also, the great thing about this venue was that they had a florist/wedding planner, Jan, who helped us decorate tables and prepare all flowers. She knew the place well and her fee was very reasonable. We had ~40 people at our wedding (small) - we tried to find an independent wedding planner originally. She asked us 2k just for the planning portion. With Jan, we paid less than 1k for her planning/ideas and flowers all together. The food was great, they were very flexible with our ideas, and we couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 06/22/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2010

The Oaks Lakeside is a georgous place for a more smaller intimate wedding. The staff is willing to accomidate just about ever wish you could dream of. Audry was amazing to work with. The food was of course so delicious and even though I did the buffet the food did not at all taste like it was mas cooked for a buffet. I would recommond the Oaks to any couple wanting an elegant and yet laid back atmosphere for their wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Kira · Married on 05/25/2008

I would highly recommend The Oaks Lakeside to anyone for their wedding. I had a very small wedding, fewer than 50 guests, and it was absolutely perfect. The grounds are beautiful, the staff does an excellent job taking care of both the wedding party and the guests, and the Event Coordinator, Audrey, has everything under control without being pushy or aggressive. They are responsive with everything, flexible on the menu (they made dishes for us that are not even on their menu) and the payment plan is great - after the initial reservation payment you don't pay anything at all until the week before the wedding. If you have an outdoor wedding, The Oaks arranges the seating with an outside contractor, so you essentially have your ceremony and reception site, your caterer, and your seating arrangements taken care of all with one vendor. My entire experience with Audrey and The Oaks Lakeside was 100% positive.

Sent on 06/03/2008
  • buckeyebride303

Megan · Married on 06/09/2007

The Oaks Lakeside is a hidden gem in the Medina, OH area. Growing up in the area, I knew of the Oaks and when I got engaged it was my first and only choice for a reception venue. I worked with Audrey who was friendly, knowledgable and always available to ask questions. Audrey was also very helpful in recommending vendors for chair covers and other services. The food and bar prices were extremely reasonable and my fiance and I had no trouble creating a menu that everyone would enjoy.

If you're concerned about the Oaks being in the middle of nowhere, here's what we did.......We hired BVIP Limo in Seville, OH to provide shuttle services to and from the reception to Hawthorne Suites Hotels in Seville. BVIP let us hire them from 4-6pm and from 9-12pm so we only had to pay them for 5 hours. Hawthorne Suites is also a very nice, new hotel in Seville that all of our guests really enjoyed. This way, all of our out of town guests could get back and forth from the hotel to the Oaks without getting lost in Chippewa!

Beautiful views of Chippewa Lake, gorgeous landscaping (including a gazebo and wisteria-covered pergola), a charming two-level dining area and incredible food....a year later all of my guests still talk about what a wonderful place the Oaks was. I highly recommend it to any bride!

Sent on 08/18/2008

Colleen · Married on 09/03/2006

We fell in love with the Oaks Lodge. The beautiful two story dining room with windows overlooking scenic Chippewa Lake was amazing. We were even more impressed with Audrey who was in charge of booking the receptions. She was warm, informative and just fabulous. She even wanted us to keep in touch with her to let us know where our lives lead us. The food was excellent and the service very good. We had no complaints and could not have picked a more romantic and wonderful place to hold our reception.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Tianna · Married on 09/08/2018

The crew over at the Oaks was very helpful from day one. They responded right away to our inquiry for the venue and were very accommodating to our wants and needs. We visited the venue several times before our wedding (09/08) and Kristi was always willing to schedule our visits and show us around. Although there were several small hiccups throughout the process and before the wedding, Kristi and Johnny were always willing to work with us. The venue has a rustic and natural feel, with a variety of green spaces to take photos. We were very happy with our venue choice and the day of the wedding was a dream come true.

Sent on 10/10/2018
    The Oaks Lakeside 14
    The Oaks Lakeside 15
    The Oaks Lakeside 16

Tianna & Dylan,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to work with both of you. Come out and see us for dinner.
    Kristi

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2013

Where to start? The Oaks is an amazing place to get married and host a wedding reception. The location and scenery of the venue have so much charm and character. We were sold from the very beginning. Sandy is extremely easy to work with throughout the planning process. She is truly like a personal wedding planner providing suggestions for vendors and sharing what has worked and not worked in the past. The Oaks let us take over and decorate to our tastes and even assisted in setting up some of our things outside. The food...wow! If you do not get married here at least make a dinner reservation...you will not be disappointed! Johnny and his kitchen staff are extremely talented. I had several guests come up to me during the reception just to comment on the food. Chrissy is also amazing...she is the head honcho during the reception and catered to all my needs and helped to calm me down before walking down the aisle and while getting bustled. Thank you to The Oaks and their staff for making our wedding day one of a kind and extremely special. We will be returning for anniversary dinners in the future!

Sent on 06/23/2013
  • Cara

Cara · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Very beautiful venue

This venue is very beautiful and the value is great. I would recommend looking at this venue for your wedding. The venue does not have bridal rooms to get ready.

Sent on 08/13/2019
    The Oaks Lakeside 17
    The Oaks Lakeside 18
    The Oaks Lakeside 19

Hello Cara,

I am so glad you came out and liked our beautiful venue. I apologize if there was a misunderstanding about a bridal room, we do have two bridal rooms to choose from. Thank you for your Kind review. Have a wonderful afternoon.

The Oaks Lakeside

Nicole · Married on 07/01/2017

We had a very small ceremony there with our closest family and friends and it was beautiful. The staff there was very easy to work with and we met several times to make sure things were just how we wanted it. One of the things I loved most about this venue was that everything was in one area, which meant less vendors to deal with. My pictures here turned out stunning and we received many compliments about the food and service. I would definitely recommend this place to any couple looking for a place to get married.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/21/2013

The Oaks was a wonderful venue for our wedding. The whole team was a pleasure to work with especially since I was planning the whole event long distance and was never able to actually see the venue. They delivered more than I could have imagined! The food was amazing and Jan who does the decor was an absolute delight to work with. It was beautiful. All the staff was very professional and my guests could not stop talking about how much they loved the venue.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Erin · Married on 08/12/2017

We LOVED The Oaks! We worked with Leigha as well as Johnny (one of the owners) for more of the finer details.

Location:
    The grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. The ceremony is right up against the lake (a bit of a hike to walk down the aisle). The only thing to consider here is that they occasionally have boats or jet skiers on the water, which you can't stop.

Food:
    We had dinner at The Oaks after booking and it was amazing! We had the same wonderful quality of food for our cocktail hour as well as dinner. The only surprise is that they do not do a traditional tasting, as most of the banquet menu (we did plated) is not on their regular dinner menu.

Service:
    Leigha and Johnny were very accommodating and helpful throughout the process. They treated us very well.

Responsiveness:
    Because they are a functioning restaurant, they were closed 2 days of the week so I would have to wait for some time when I did weekend work. Otherwise, very quick turn around.

Professionalism:
    You can definitely tell they are used to weddings. Everything was prepared and down to a science. The only thing that was surprising here is that we had done a visit around the time I would expect to do a walk through. During that visit, we mentioned a lot of things we wanted or had decided for the event but no notes were taken by the venue. They then said our walk through would be in 2 weeks. When it is a bit of a hike and I work out of state, why not just get the notes down now while it comes up?

Value:
    We felt like we got our money's worth! There were some extra charges for things like cake cutting and putting out chairs I wasn't necessarily expecting, but the food and beverage and hall costs were comparable to other locations we looked at.

Flexibility:
    We had several changes take place at the end of planning that they made no grief about and happily worked with our Disney theme.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2011

The Oaks is a beautiful place to get married. We were married on the lake and had our reception in the banquet room. Audrey and Lora Lee, the women who coordinate weddings, were absolutely wonderful. They recommended other vendors and were responsive and flexible with the menu, decorations, etc. The only complaint we had was that it was very hot in the room, and we were married the first weekend in June. There was a problem with the air conditioner, and Audrey, the banquet coordinator, did give us a credit towards the bill because of the inconvenience. Overall, our wedding was wonderful and we enjoyed our experience at the Oaks.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Elana · Married on 09/29/2017

1.8
      1.5
      1.5

We have no intention at this time to ever return to the Oaks. I do not say that lightly since we chose this venue because it had value and memories in our lives with an individual who is no longer with us. We were partons of the Oaks long before deciding this would be the place to celebrate one of the biggest life commitments a person will ever make. There is no denying that the view is beautiful and the food taste great (we never received the $25 gift card for food tasting prior to the wedding). We provided them with what we wanted, they agreed but barely made it happen. There were last-minute changes by venue and charges that were not previously agreed upon but given that they were done less than two week from wedding day we felt that there was no way for us to argue them. This was after I had reached out to them about a question on the third bill they sent us (the first one had pricing for 2018) Owner said "I don't see how this is so difficult to understand" even though a few minutes he figured out that he improperly added our bill up. There was a contract put in place however they did not completely follow through with everything that was discussed (mostly via email so there is documentation) between contract signing and wedding day. There seems to be a lack of communication between owner, banquet coordinator and day of wedding staff members. There are many things that were discussed and agreed upon by the banquet coordinator that were never actually carried out and/or changed last minute by the owner. At no time did the bqt crdr step in and say we discussed this and I had already promised this. The bqt crdr was hardly at our wedding and could not be found when ceremony chairs were not set up an hour and a half before guest arrival. The setup and teardown charge that you pay as a service charge does not actually include a complete teardown of the items that they set up. There's more but I truly hope they work on improving.

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Oaks Lakeside's reply:

Hi Elana, I want to thank you and Lee for responding to me reaching out to speak with you. Hopefully I have shed some light on your perception of everything you addressed here. I know how happy your guest were with everything and the event was stunning, as I said to you and Lee on the phone I believe that we did do the things you had requested and the charges you had mentioned were a human error and were taken care of quickly before payment. It is always our intention to exceed the expectations of our guests. I know we have not received many reviews here on wedding wire just yet, however our Facebook and other social media reviews show that we care intensely and deliver great service. Hopefully you will join us again for a dining experience. If so please let me know personally so I can be sure to acknowledge your presence. Thanks again for hosting your very special event with us here at The Oaks