The Oaks at Salem Reviews

66 | Apex, NC

66 Reviews for The Oaks at Salem

Nicole Flynn · Married on 04/02/2020

Amazing venue & wonderful people

The Oaks is a beautiful venue with an awesome team that is flexible and eager to help. We are always excited to be able to work at their venue as we know it will be a seamless and wonderful day for our clients.

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Camille

Camille Chaney Edwards · Married on 03/14/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!!

April, Aubriana and Julie were amazing from the moment we started working with them. The venue was breathtaking and absolutely perfect.

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Alexandra

Alex · Married on 11/02/2019

Wouldn’t change a thing

I can’t count the amount of compliments I received about how beautiful the venue was and how perfect everything was set up. The grounds are so pretty and well kept, the bridal suite is giant and gives enough room for everyone to get ready. Becky was my coordinator and she was absolutely amazing; I can’t thank her enough for all of the hard work she put into making our day absolutely perfect. Becky and April make the process seamless and I can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • William

William Turner · Married on 10/25/2019

A beautiful wedding

The staff at The Oaks at Salem are highly professional and ensure your wedding day is perfect. Between the location, support, benefits, and courtesy they provide, The Oaks at Salem makes sure your special day will go on without a hitch. Even if you are running behind, their coordinators will make sure everything gets back on schedule. We would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/19/2019

Get married at The Oaks!!

I cannot review The Oaks highly enough!! If your budget can fit The Oaks, get married at The Oaks! They made it so easy leading up to the wedding and the weekend of! I felt so relaxed and happy all day on our wedding day, thank in no small part to their excellent day of coordination! We ended up working with multiple Oaks coordinators throughout the process and everyone was absolutely fantastic (thank you all!!). They helped us implement some nontraditional ideas, in addition to all the normal things - including a t shirt toss on the lawn!! When it rained day of they flipped the tent for the ceremony so it could be inside in such a quick turnaround, we still managed to run ahead of schedule! The Oaks is absolutely beautiful venue, and convenient for any Triangle folks. Their recommended vendors list was also so useful, as was their vendor marketplace and the vendor shows they host! I'll say it again - choose The Oaks!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing venue and team

It was truly a pleasure to work with April, Aubriana and the entire team at the Oaks at Salem. I had many questions, which were always answered promptly. I felt at ease on the day of my wedding because of how organized everything was. Everything ran smoothly and all of my guests commented on how beautiful everything was. It was a perfect day and one that I will never forget. Thank you so much for making it special!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle Studdard · Married on 09/01/2019

A Hidden Gem!

We are so glad we found The Oaks at Salem. We worked directly with April (owner) and Aubriana was our wedding coordinator. Both were extremely personable and thorough. Not a single detail was missed, and everything was so organized and ran smoothly.

The grounds are breathtaking and close to home! Living in Cary and having the majority of our guests flying in from around the country (as well as outside of the country), it was important to us to secure a location near plenty of things to do but within reasonable driving distance to the airport.

The Oaks at Salem has a "vendor marketplace" that was incredibly helpful to us as this was the first wedding we were trying to plan. April was incredibly informative, friendly, and professional. Any questions that we had that popped up, we would email and they would get back to us usually within a few minutes!

Aubriana did a phenomenal job doing day-of-coordination for our vendors as well as letting guests know where to go, etc. She and the rest of the staff really went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed.

We can't say enough about our experience at The Oaks at Salem. The property is gorgeous, and there is ample parking, with plenty of space for guests to hang out and be comfortable. It was especially helpful that the Oaks at Salem had a preferred vendor list. It made planning and working with all of our vendors so seamless.

We highly recommend The Oaks at Salem for your next wedding event. We were not disappointed, and we're still receiving compliments from guests nearly 2 weeks later about this beautiful, hidden gem!

With gratitude,

Janelle & Greg Studdard

Sent on 09/15/2019

Jean Kuhnlein · Married on 08/05/2019

Beautiful Site

Everything about The Oaks was wonderful. The site itself was beautiful, even on a hot day. The communication was great, every question answered, every request granted. Our coordinator was Aubrianna, and she made the day run so smoothly and kept everything on a great schedule. She took all the worries away. We couldn't have done this without her. We received so many compliments on The Oaks, not only the beauty of the house and grounds, but the ease and comfort of everything. We will always recommend The Oaks at Salem as a A1 site to hold a wedding. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki Tong · Married on 07/17/2019

Amazing Venue, Incredible Team!

As a vendor in the Triangle area, we love working at Oaks at Salem!
    The venue is GORGEOUS with an incredible bridal suite to get ready and the most picturesque views! April and Aubrianna are a dream to work with. They are both extremely organized, communicative, flexible, and the most gracious hosts. They make the whole process of coordinating a wedding so easy for their clients and for us vendors. We receive everything right on time and could not ask for a better partner for our clients. Choosing Oaks at Salem and their team is a guaranteed home run for any event!

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/30/2018

gorgeous Southern venue, top notch planning

I do project management for a living, but it was so hard to plan a wedding while working. Veni really knocked my socks off with her attention to detail. She obviously has this down to an art, knowing exactly who needs to be where and when, and what sort of things to look out for. She is even able to be sensitive to certain family dynamics if need be. I had 9 bridesmaids, and she handled our large wedding party with grace and ease. The venue is unbelievably beautiful, and people are still commenting to me about it 7 mos later - even men haha - how beautiful it was. I am so appreciative for Oaks at Salem being the place where we had such a magical moment.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Tiffany Schwab · Married on 10/05/2018

Incredible!

The Oaks at Salem was an amazing venue to host our wedding. It is such a beautiful property, we could not have asked for anything better. April and her team were amazing to work with. After we had to postpone our wedding due to a hurricane, April worked closely with us to ensure that our new wedding date was going to be just as amazing. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

The Oaks at Salem is great! April and her team are extremely organized and super helpful. It is such a great value for everything you get.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Jen · Married on 07/08/2018

Where to begin? I am beyond impressed with the Oaks at Salem. From the very beginning, everyone we talked with and worked with was extremely helpful. Becky, our day-of coordinator, was so on top of things. She thought of details we had never considered (such as a drinks stand by walkway to the ceremony site since our wedding was in July) and took so much stress out of the day itself. Several of my bridesmaids and family members have commented on just how organized and helpful she was, especially since my mom was handicapped at the time and needed extra help getting from place to place. She took care of everything on the day itself, from supervising the decorations to ensuring that all of our bags were in the get-away car (and she even helped to pack food to bring with us). The venue itself is beautiful, and the inclusion of tables, chairs, linens, and decor items in the rental helped us save on so much money. So many of the guests complimented the site and just how lovely it was on the day itself. We honestly could not be happier! Thank you so much for making our wedding day an amazing, memorable one that was enjoyed by all!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Susan · Married on 05/20/2018

I am the mother of the bride. This is not only a beautiful site but the service from The Oaks staff and especially our wedding coordinator, Veni, were perfection. I was not stressed out at all, before or the day of the wedding because we were in such capable and professional hands. It all began when we were provided a list of preferred providers who we were assured were professional and reliable. That reduced the work from the beginning, important since my daughter and her fiance were planning and arranging the wedding from south Florida for a wedding in North Carolina. In comparing sites, we also realized that many items were included in the price at The Oaks that were extra at other venues. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Questions were quickly answered, reasonable advice and direction provided when solicited, everything we needed when we needed it. We wanted an outdoor wedding but knew to plan for all types of weather, after all, this is NC. A month before, we had a meeting with Veni at the Oaks and walked through the entire wedding day, hour by hour and minute by minute, ironing out any issues before the big day.

The day before, in the rain under umbrellas, we rehearsed the outdoor event as well as what we would do under the pavilion if the rain did not stop. All contingencies were covered and we were ready. The day of the wedding, everything was smooth and perfect, the sun coming out just before the ceremony. Those "preferred” vendors arrived and did their work efficiently. Everything was done, as promised!

I could go on and on but I highly recommend this venue and cannot say thank you enough to April, Veni, Katie and the others who made my daughter's wedding a perfectly magical event. Our only complaint was that it had to end, we could have stayed all night. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 06/09/2018

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

Thank you so much! It was wonderful working with you all!

Madi · Married on 04/14/2018

We absolutely LOVED working with the Oaks! They were so put together and really helped to make the planning process so much easier for us. Both April (the owner) and Veni (our coordinator through the Oaks) were fabulous to work with. They were super responsive and entertained all of the questions we had along the way. The venue is gorgeous and was the perfect place for our special day. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/02/2018

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

We loved working with you all! Thank you for recommending us!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/23/2018

Three weeks later and I still feel like my wedding at The Oaks at Salem was a dream. You are provided a coordinator who makes sure that your day runs smoothly so you do not have to. The list of preferred vendors takes the guesswork out of planning and you are guided every step of the way. Many decor items, linens, as well as tables and chairs are included. The venue is even more beautiful in person. It is the perfect combination of indoor and outdoor spaces. The bridal suite is every girl's dream! I loved my wedding as did everyone in attendance.

Sent on 04/16/2018

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

So happy to hear this! Thank you! We loved working with you!

Ashton · Married on 03/17/2018

The Oaks at Salem is a beautiful venue! We had a wonderful experience there for our daughter’s wedding. Rolling hills, a pond, beautiful trees and gentle breezes were all a part of our day. Our TOAS coordinator did a beautiful job directing the day and taking care of our needs! The reception space was perfect! We totally enjoyed our experience there and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2017

This venue was amazing! They are very accommodating and professional. All of my guests could not say enough compliments about the venue. It’s also nice that they include so many things like chairs, tables and lights. I highly recommend this venue and team!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Brandee · Married on 08/12/2017

The perfect wedding venue! I can not say enough the venue is gorgeous and the wedding coordination helps to make your dream day a success! The day of my wedding went smoothly thanks to Joslin and the staff at The Oaks! I did not have to worry about one thing and enjoyed every aspect of my wedding day!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 06/11/2017

I got married here on June 11, 2017, and I absolutely loved my experience! April was so sweet when we got started there, and Joslin was my wedding coordinator! THey were both great! Working with Joslin was probably the best part about my day! She made sure that everything went smoothly and I can honestly say, it was PERFECT!!! Throughout planning, they make sure that you get exactly what YOU want for YOUR big day..great experience and all of our family and friends raved about how great everything was!!!

Sent on 08/06/2017

The Oaks at Salem's reply:

Thank you so much! We are thrilled you chose us for your wedding day! Our coordinators work very hard to take care of all of our couples!!

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2017

Words cannot express how thrilled we were with The Oaks at Salem. From the beautiful grounds, to the stunning decoration of the home The Oaks is picture perfect for any outside wedding. Veni, our wedding coordinator was wonderful! Very responsive, accommodating, professional, and definitely skilled. She really goes above and beyond her call of duty and you can see her passion reflected in her work. Everything ran smoothly both rehearsal day and wedding day despite our quite rowdy crowd. The value is unreal, there are so many amenities and things included in any package.

Someone asked me at my wedding if I would recommend getting married there. I told them, if I could and was allowed to get divorced and remarry my husband again just to have another wedding I would!

Thanks so much for a beautiful wedding!!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Lisa · Married on 10/28/2016

Where to start? First, the physical grounds. Just beautiful. Fairytale-like for any couple wanting to get married outside and/or with a tent. There's so much room for everyone's comfort. And the getting ready/bridal suite is both pretty and functional. Hair and make-up in one area with good lighting and a rest room as well as a large dressing area. My daughter, the bride, and her groom were adamant they didn't want to see each other until she got to the top of the aisle. The house is set-up so this was easily accomplished.

Second, the organization and professionalism of the wedding coordinators -- can't be beat. My daughter and son-in-law live 2700 miles away from us/where they grew up/the venue. There was a LOT of long distance coordinating that went on with me as the local contact. I'm a naturally organized person so greatly appreciated Veni's prompt, efficient and gracious help.

We happened to have a remarkably beautiful fall day for our event but I had full faith in their ability to manage rain as we live two miles from the venue and saw they had weddings when Hurricane Matthew came through! There are so many lovely areas on the grounds for photography and the reception under the tent is both elegant and fun.

Third, our goal was to enjoy the day, revel in our daughter and son-in-law's love, and that of our family and friends, have an excellent meal and fun dancing. Although we participated in a lot of event planning, with excellent guidance and advice from Veni, we didn't want to worry about any of that on the wedding day. TOAS provides a wedding coordinator the day of for that exact purpose. Veni and her assistant were FABULOUS. They managed everything and kept the day flowing with calm, gracious efficiency.

Our daughter recently described her wedding as magical. We agree. TOAS was a major part of that. Elegant, timeless and, importantly, given everything that's involved in a wedding, incredibly well-organized:).

Sent on 11/19/2016

Alia · Married on 10/09/2016

Great venue! Gorgeous spot, pictures are stunning when you use this venue! Guests enjoyed it and everything worked out even with a hurricane the day before!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

This venue is the BEST! From the beautiful house, the stunning grounds and spaces for your ceremony/reception everything is SO beautiful. Plus, the wedding coordinators that help are incredible. Joslin was so helpful leading up to the wedding and was INCREDIBLE the day of. I didn't feel stressed at all and she was so ready to help in whatever way possible. Just sayin, y'all should get married here!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2016

The Oaks is the most perfect venue a bride could ask for! The house and land are absolutely beautiful, and looks so good in pictures. The ceremony wall provides a perfect backdrop in addition to the lake, and the tent against the house is so elegant, you forget that you're even under one! It doesn't need a ton of flowers or extra decor because it's already so beautiful on its own. In addition to that, they have an amazing staff! Veni was my day of coordinator and helped by creating a minute by minute timeline and working with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page, which is sooo valuable!! And it's at no extra cost. They were so flexible with me even though I was planning my wedding from far away and had to send them a million emails. The day of, everything ran super smoothly and I could relax knowing that Veni was on top of everything! I really can't say enough good things about the venue and would recommend it to any bride looking for a beautiful outdoor venue.

Sent on 06/09/2016