The New York Botanical Garden Reviews

3.5
      2.0
      2.5
      2.5

The Stone Mill is gorgeous and I am very happy that I was married there! However, it was always a struggle to get in touch with a member of the Starr team and my contact person switched three times. The girl I ended up with was ok, but definitely did not go above and beyond and spent the days before my wedding emailing me that I owed extra money for kids meals because three kids were part of my minimum 60 person guest count...which I never really understood bc the kids meals were cheaper, but obviously I paid it anyway. The ceremony space and the dinner were nicely laid out and the servers and bartenders were great. The real star of the show was our wedding concierge. He was a DREAM. Extremely attentive, sweet and helpful, made sure we had everything throughout the night, can't say enough good things about him. I did not try the meat entrees as I am a vegetarian but my risotto option was terrible. Mushy, no flavor, kind of shockingly bad. Overall, this is a gorgeous location, it's well-run, the facilities are nice. Starr needs to boost their customer service a bit - especially being a tad friendlier and more responsive!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Ni Sh · Married on 05/24/2020

Scammy and unresponsive

We had the most unfortunate experience with the New York Botanical Gardens as a potential wedding venue. We very much liked the venue and were basically ready to sign with them. The reasons we ultimately decided not to were 1) our contact there, Kristal, was unresponsive and unaccommodating. We expected, at a minimum, to get prompt responses to emails (e.g., not wait 5 days between responses) and for her to make herself available for calls at times when a couple with full time jobs might be available (like after 4PM or on a weekend); 2) worse, Kristal insisted we pay a non-refundable deposit before even seeing what the contract would look like. That is not standard and we felt it was manipulative. Overall, we felt like Kristal was trying to dissuade us from getting married at the NYBG, and she succeeded.

Sent on 07/25/2019

The New York Botanical Garden's reply:

Dear Ni Sh, thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize that your experience at our venue didn’t match your expectations. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation. If you wouldn’t mind giving our Director of Catering a call at 646-741-1400 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. Again, we set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interactions with our business. We look forward to speaking to you.