The Music Guys Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Brooke A. Married on 09/04/2021

Fun and professional

DJ Jim was so much fun the entire night. He helped things run so smoothly through the ceremony and all the reception events.
    Lauren W. Married on 11/03/2019

Great Music

Jim was so great from start to finish! Music was on point and Jim was great with our guests!
  • Morghan
    Morghan W. Married on 11/02/2019

Fall 2019 Wedding

Jim was great to work with. I was feeling overwhelmed with the planning process, and within our first meeting I instantly felt better. Jim is organized and he communicates well with you and along with your other vendors so the ceremony and reception goes smoothly.
  • Linda
    Linda M. Married on 08/10/2019

Could Not be Happier With Our Experience!!

The Music Guys (Jim Dunham) did a great job at my daughter's wedding reception! He played music that engaged the crowd and provided a fun atmosphere. (loved the lights) Jim was professional, made sure all our requests were met, gave great attention to detail and very available for questions or to give advice. We could not have been happier with our experience.
  • Melanie
    Melanie V. Married on 06/08/2019

So happy we chose you!

Dear Jim,
    I just wanted to take a second to say thank you so much for being such an incredible DJ at our wedding. From the moment we hired you, I felt so good knowing that you would take care of the "flow" and the "feel" of the reception, and you did just that. We weren't sure how it would go without having alcohol, but you still made it feel like such a party! Even after getting behind schedule, you still managed to find a way to fit everything in. You played great music and kept the crowd engaged. You are great at what you do, and I know years of experience have made you into the DJ that you are today! Thanks again for working with us and making the day so memorable! I would highly recommend you to anyone looking for a DJ!
  • Kelsy
    Kelsy Married on 03/09/2019

Professional, Fun, and Knowledgeable

DJ Jim was the unsung hero of the day. From the advice on how to do our timeline, to the songs to pick for each moment, Jim was ready to make our day the best! He was so engaging and focused. The dance floor was packed most of the night and everyone had a ball! We honestly could not have asked for anything better!
    Erica Married on 01/19/2019

Could not have been better!

I truly had no idea how receptions were supposed to go. I have never been married before. I met the DJ for the first time, and everything went smoothly. Later, he gave me a run through of how everything was supposed to go. He basically planned my whole reception, get everything running on time, and kept the crowd laughing while telling "The Love Story" !! I had many people come up to me and tell me it was one of the most fun receptions they had ever been to! He was completely right about something I never considered before, "a DJ from the bar is not a wedding DJ" Depending on tastes, sometimes a bar dj can make a reception tasteLESS by playing music your grandmother needs the urban dictionary for and causes awkward dancing when the first daddy daughter dance slowly transitions "to the windows, to the walls." If I had to do it again, I would do it the same way, hiring The Music Guys, Jim Dunham.
    Heather Married on 04/21/2018
    The Music Guys were fantastic!!! I was told by many family and friends that they would not be dancing, but Jim had the music selection just right to get everybody out on the dance floor. He was also very responsive with any questions I had. The love story he put together was the best!! Overall, I could not have imagined it being any better!
    Anna Married on 04/14/2018
    My now sister-in-law recommended using The Music Guys for our wedding, and man am I sure glad we did! From the get go I knew I was in good hands when meeting Jim. He was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! If you want someone who is thorough, knows his stuff, and will make your party awesome, you want to work with Jim! He worked with me on the music for my ceremony, the reception, gave me tips and guided me through the process with such kindness and then the wedding came and WOW! Everyone had such a blast dancing, he continued to keep us all entertained and happy. I will forever remember how special our night was because of how much fun we both had with our families and guests dancing! (He was so good, my Grandfather even danced which is RARE!) If you need a DJ for your wedding this is hands down the way to go! You will not be disappointed and not only that but you will be less stressed knowing that your music/reception needs will be met and then some! I can't thank Jim & his team enough for the hard work and great time they delivered!
    Tyler Married on 03/24/2018
    Jim did a great job at our wedding! Being asked to DJ he did not have any hesitation! The love story was great and I think it was everyone’s most enjoyable moment! Music was played for all of the crowd to enjoy! Would use these guys for any event especially a wedding!
    Janey Married on 01/20/2018
    I loved the Music Guy! He was flexible, timely and very reasonable! He really made the wedding reception!! I would highly recommend him!! I would definitely use him again!
    Sylvia Married on 01/20/2018
    I would highly recommend the Music Guy! He was flexible, accommodating, easy going and so much fun!!!! LOVED his style and energy!!!!
    Melanie Married on 01/06/2018
    Jim was great! He made our reception so fun, and we didn’t have to stress about anything! The love story was so funny and sweet! Definitely recommending him to all my friends who get engaged!
    Emily Married on 04/01/2017
    Thank you for everything! It was lovely.
    Emi Married on 03/25/2017
    I hired the music guys to do our wedding, Jim was absolutely wonderful. All the music was perfect and the love story was a big hit. We absolutely loved The Music Guys!
    Jessica Married on 03/25/2017
    The Music Guys were great!! From the day we first contacted them to the day of our wedding, we got nothing but quality service, respect, and timely responses. Jim and his staff were very flexible in working with our ideas and needs. They helped to make our rainy wedding day turn into to a blast! It was perfect and everything we could have imagined and more. They read our crowd well and played music for all ages and tastes. We thoroughly enjoyed our reception and from the pictures and videos that we have seen thus far, everyone at our reception had a great time as well. The sore legs, dirty dresses/pants, and tired feet were well worth it because we had the time of our life at our reception. Thank you Music Guys!!
    Michelle Married on 03/04/2017
    Jim Dunham did an absolutely beautiful job! I couldn't be more pleased. Pure perfection! Thank you Jim!
    Samantha Married on 11/20/2016
    EVERYONE CHOOSE MUSIC GUYS! Jim is a wonderful person to work with. I loved him at my wedding, he made sure my songs were perfect and played when supposed to and kept the crowd attentive and alert! He also throws some fun dances in there as well! He is def go to for your wedding to help take some stress off. He will make everyone run smoothly and you won't have to worry about a thing! He also will work with you on getting any song you want! Couldn't of asked for a better DJ for my wedding!
    Mary K. Married on 11/19/2016
    If you're the type of couple who loves to dance, loves a wide variety of music, and appreciates a DJ that knows when to hype up the crowd and when to let the music do the talking, book these guys. Tanner was beyond amazing and worked so well with my other vendors to make sure the night ran as smoothly as possible. 10/10, would book again!!
    Madison Married on 10/08/2016
    The Music Guys were amazing. They were so dedicated to making my wedding day exactly how I wanted it and were very responsive anytime I had a question or concern. I wouldn't have wanted to use anyone else. They kept my guests up and dancing the whole time. It was a blast!!! I recommended them 100,000,000%!
    Jennifer Married on 07/02/2016
    The Music Guys are the best! They are very responsive and made our wedding reception so much fun. They are professional and attentive to details that will make your event very special.
    Beth Married on 06/04/2016
    We absolutely loved the Music Guys! They were so easy to communicate with, and gave us exactly what we wanted! They kept all of guest entertained all night! We are so happy we chose them for the most important night of our lives!
    Savannah Married on 05/29/2016
    I would not even hesitate to book The Music Guys for any event. They were professional, accommodating and most of all SO MUCH FUN!!! I had multiple people tell me it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to and I am 100% sure it was because The Music Guys got everyone up dancing and knew exactly how to work the room. They are worth the money and you will not regret hiring them!!
    Cindy Married on 05/21/2016
    Jim and Tanner were so incredible! Our wedding reception for our bride and her groom was non-stop music. Our guests danced the entire night! The Music Guys were very flexible in adapting the timeline for the wedding party entrance, cake cutting, flower and garter toss, etc. However, we followed their suggestions, using songs the bride and groom had chosen. As the MOB, I had several requests, and they were executed flawlessly (even using some props for the bridesmaids as a surprise for the bride). As we live 500 miles from the event, we never met face-to-face, nor had we heard The Music Guys at work. However, the bride and groom met them prior to engaging them for the event and had an instant connection. Jim was always timely with phone calls, texts, and emails. I have run out of affirmative adjectives when expressing my happiness with their care for this most important event. AWESOME!!
    Trisha Married on 05/14/2016
    I have nothing negative to say about Jim with the Music Guys. From the moment we hired him, we worried about nothing. He has an amazing system that is very easy to use, to ensure that you and your guests get to hear all the music they desire at your reception. I was most impressed by his quickness to respond to questions. Usually I would get a reply within 5 minutes after sending an email. I will definitely recommend Jim with the Music Guys to any one I know getting married! He's the best!