The Moveable Feast Catering Reviews

188 | Manchester, MI

188 Reviews for The Moveable Feast Catering

Jaimie Mercer · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Summer Wedding

The Moveable Feast was outstanding! As you can imagine planning a wedding in a pandemic is quite difficult. They were flexible, accommodating and so easy to work with. The responsiveness was always very quick and both Misty and Dan helped make my wedding day absolutely perfect. It went off without a hitch! I would recommend them time and time again. Excellent experience!

Sent on 09/07/2020

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jaimie for your kind words! It was a pleasure to work with you and the whole family. I certainly hope that we get the chance to work together again!
  • Curt

Curt Fielder · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

After the hotel cancelled our daughters wedding reception, we called Sherry P. At Moveable Feast for a smaller backyard reception in less than 30 days. Sherry immediately had a “can do” professional attitude. She put together delicious appetizers and 3 choices for platted dinners. Sherrys upbeat, positive attitude makes her a delight to work with. The day of the event Nancy kept everything moving and on time. The entire staff was professional and hard work8ng. All our guests commented how wonderful the food was. We can’t thank Dan, Sherry, Nancy enough for ,ak8ng the the day a huge success.

Sent on 09/20/2020

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Curt, working with you and Barb on Sarah and Josh's wedding was my pleasure. It was a beautiful day for such a beautiful couple! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such a magical reception!

Page Katz · Married on 10/17/2020

Wedding 10/17

Misty, Nancy, and the whole moveable feast team did an amazing job! They didn’t miss a beat with answering every question, making every accommodation, set up, service, and more. They were professional, and served amazing food. Can’t recommend them enough for a wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Nancy Suriano · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing - Exceeded Expectations!

What an amazing experience!

Sherry was the answer to our prayers! Her guidance and experience were so appreciated in planning a 2020 wedding with safety in mind!

And execution of the plan on the wedding day - flawless! Sherry and her team were top notch. Professional, friendly and focused on ensuring a positive experience for our guests.

The food was absolutely delicious and all guests were served promptly. We received so many compliments. (and recipe requests 🙂)

Overall, The Moveable Feast Catering Company exceeded our expectations and are highly recommended.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Beth Campau · Married on 10/10/2020

Moveable Feast for a wedding during covid

Where to begin? We completely switched venues 4 months before my sons wedding. It was a stressful time!
    Sherry, the event coordinator put our mind at ease from the beginning. She was so professional, and personable at the same time.
    The food at the wedding was served quickly, it was hot and incredibly delicious! Our guests said it was the best food they had ever tasted. The bartenders passed signature drinks to disperse any crowding. From serving to cleanup this company not only runs like a well oiled machine, they are passionate and it shows!
    Don’t look any further for catering/bartenders services for your event! I can’t say enough! I am out of adjectives!
    Thank you Sherry and your team! Thank you Dan....you have a special company!
    Thank you for making the day so special and memorable! XO

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • MELANIE

MELANIE S PARKER · Married on 10/19/2019

The BEST Caterers

The Moveable Feast was absolutely amazing to work with. They were incredibly flexible and accommodating; they traveled an hour to our venue on multiple occasions to figure out how to make a plated dinner work for us (the venue did not have an on-site kitchen). On the day of our wedding, the catering manager was so kind and attentive, and really made us feel special. And the food is out of this world! We had guests approach us all night long raving about both the appetizers and plated meals. Thank you-Sherry, Dan, and your whole team--for being so kind and providing such great service. I hope to have the opportunity to work with Moveable Feast on another catered function soon!

Sent on 11/02/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you Melanie! The reception was absolutely gorgeous! You and Jesus had a great team of vendors and we were thrilled to be a part of it! Wising you both a lifetime of happiness! :)

M.e. Nelson · Married on 10/01/2019

Huge Compliments From Everyone.

Our award winning DJ has been in business for 36 years, Tunes By T, Okemos, Mi. He gave the compliment of, "This is the very first time when he announced the catering company everyone applauded for them." We received compliments like that all night.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Service and Food!

Sherry is nothing short of amazing when it comes to planning perfect events with delicious food. She had all kinds of great ideas and creative ways to stretch our budget and give us exactly what we wanted. She was highly responsive to every email (and trust me, there were a lot!), and was always so polite and cheery! We met a few times prior to our wedding and she took detailed notes and eased any concerns I had. I absolutely loved working with her!

Michelle and the team of waitstaff that worked our event were top notch. They were highly professional, hard-working, polite and went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were well taken care of. Our guests LOVED the food and gave us so many compliments on the delicious and over-the-top menu, which was completely gluten free!

Hiring The Moveable Feast was one of the best decisions we made. They took care of all of the nitty gritty details right down to lighting the candles. We highly recommend them and will always reach out to them for our catering needs.

Sent on 01/05/2020

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Such an amazing couple! Planning your wedding was spectacular! Looking forward to seeing where your journey together takes you! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.
    XO ~Sherry

Eleanor Smitherman · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Food and Service

We are so glad that we used The Moveable Feast for our wedding. From the start they were a pleasure to work with. They were always responsive and took the time to explain options to us in detail and answer any of our questions. The tasting was a fun and relaxed day and most importantly all of the food was DELICIOUS. After the tasting, when people asked me what I was most excited about for my wedding, the answer was always the food! We received so so many compliments from our wedding guests on how great the food was. It didn't taste like a catered meal. It tasted like a delicious home-cooked meal, and I mean that in the best way possible. Oftentimes catered food lacks flavor, or it is obvious that it was made in a large batch and then kept under a warming light for too long. But not this meal! It tasted like it was straight out of the oven. The ingredients were fresh, the seasoning was spot-on and the flavor combinations were so unique and well thought out. You are doing yourself a huge favor if you decide to use The Moveable Feast as your wedding caterer. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Edwards · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Delicious!

The Moveable Feast catered our wedding over Labor Day weekend and did an absolutely outstanding service. We planned our wedding from out of state and Misty made the planning so easy! She coordinated for both of our parents to come taste the food and was very responsive and easy to reach. All of our guests loved the food and many of them made a point to come tell us how impressed they were with the food, saying they’ve never had or expected such good food at a wedding. All of the staff was extremely professional and self-sufficient at the wedding and Taylor did more than we could have asked for. We cannot give high enough praise to the wonderful folks at The Moveable Feast.

Sent on 09/01/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan! You, Olivia, and the whole family were a pleasure to work with!
  • Rhonda

Rhonda Fitch · Married on 08/26/2019

Incredible Staff and Food. Best Ever!!!

Wow... I cant say enough about Misty and the incredible staff. Misty was there to help make sure that everything was taken care of. We discovered last minute that we had the barn closed for cocktail hour and forgot that was the access to the photo booth. She immediately jumped in and put up a sign to point guests to the back area to access the booth without having to change the plan of a reveal. The staff was very attentive and made sure all the guests were taken care of. We had a buffet line and boy they were quick with serving. We needed to stay on schedule and they moved the quests quickly thru the lines. Also we opted for a BBQ theme for the barn. All the guests raved about how great the food was. "Best wedding food they have had". And the Brisket everyone could not believe how tender it was. Definitely would recommend The Moveable Feast. First class staff and food was incredible!!!.. Thank you again Misty. You are the best...

Sent on 08/26/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Rhonda. It was great working with you and Becca! I hope we get the chance to work together again!

• Kate

Kate Oh · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent food, Amazing staff

All of our food from Moveable Feast was AMAZING!!!! So many of our guests told us afterwards that they loved the food and especially loved the cauliflower. Misty, the booking manager/coordinator is incredibly helpful and honest, and responsive. Everything went great at our wedding, and I couldn't be happier that we had such great food from Moveable Feast!

Sent on 09/14/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Kate! We love to hear such great things and it was great working with you. Congratulations!

Lauren · Married on 08/03/2019

Excellent wedding caterer

Moveable Feast catered my wedding a couple months back, and they did a fantastic job. The entire experience was great. The food was excellent, and everyone kept commenting on it. The staff were extremely nice and helpful the day of, and working with Misty made planning as easy as possible. I would definitely recommend Moveable Feast as a wedding caterer. They nailed it!

Sent on 09/20/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! You were a pleasure to work with!! I certainly hope that we will get a chance to work together again in the future.

• Jenni

Jenni · Married on 06/29/2019

Bride/Wedding

Excellent food! Love how they come and cook onsite and leftovers are yours to keep!

Sent on 07/01/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you Jenni! It was a pleasure working with you! Look forward to any opportunity to work together again! Best wishes to you and Paul!
    Take care!!

Daniel Dohey · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing service and great food

First I must thank the staff for being so professional and nice. The set up was great, it looked perfect. The food was delicious and the quality of service you are getting for the price you pay cannot be beat.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Ashlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

The Moveable Feast was extremely helpful throughout our entire process in planning our wedding. Sherry was flexible in scheduling the tasting as my husband and I are out of state due to military assignment. Our wedding was in an airplane hangar, therefore we not only needed delicious food and drink, we needed tables, chairs, setup, take down, etc. The Moveable Feast made our wedding a "5 star event" according to one of our guests. Some of the best food ever consumed at a wedding! Sherry and her staff provided such amazing service and support that I was not worried AT ALL on my wedding day, which allowed me to truly be in each moment and enjoy this once in a lifetime event.

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Caseyann

Caseyann · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot begin to express how grateful my husband and I are to Misty and the Moveable Feast crew - everyone from the chefs to the waitstaff - for their exceptional service. Over a week later, and I still have friends, family, and co-workers telling me how delicious all of the food was (pro-tip, the smoked duck appetizer has appeared in people's DREAMS, that's how amazing it was). My mom, who is rarely impressed by anything, made a point to tell me how fabulous her steak was, and my dad was giddy over the ice cream bar. Two of my friends loved the cheesecake so much, they snuck a whole round into our photobooth to give it it's own photoshoot. There is no way to adequately stress how phenomenal the food was... my husband has lamented the fact that Moveable Feast doesn't have a restaurant that we can visit to eat it all again.

Misty truly went above-and-beyond in her quest to craft the most perfect evening. Not only did she respond quickly and positively to every request we made (adding kids meals, adding vegetarian options, our desire for a custom cheesecake wedding cake, etc), but she did not hesitate to extend a much-appreciated hand in setting up ALL of my decorations, much of which I left to her own discretion where placement and arrangement were concerned (and she knocked it out of the park). When I entered the space for the first time, I literally had my breath taken away and teared up, it was all so beautiful!

I will continue to recommend Moveable Feast to anyone who will listen for the foreseeable future, and hope we can use them again for other milestones in our lives. A+++++++++++, 10/10, Would recommend!

(I'll be back with photos when I get them from our -also fabulous- photographer!)

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Moveable feast did such a great job!

Very quick to response. They thought of the little things. They had more helpers and bodies compared to other caters and I think that made a big difference, it could not have gone any smoother. Thank you moveable feast!

Sent on 05/14/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jess! You guys were a joy to work with!! I certainly hope we get a chance to work together again in the future!

Shilo · Married on 09/08/2018

Misty Rose and the entire staff at Moveable Feast were amazing to work with. Misty helped me find a menu that was beyond delicious and that fit in my budget. I loved how flexible they were and that I could pick and choose exactly what items I needed and wanted. I am STILL getting compliments on how great the food and service was. Nancy Baylee was my day of supervisor and she made sure the groom and I had appetizers at our table and personally prepared plates for us. Will definitely use them for any future catering needs.

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2018

Our daughter just got married this past weekend. The Moveable Feast catered the meal, plus made several dozen delicious desserts, which I didn't get any of because everyone was enjoying them, and they made us several dozen appetizers that we used for later in the evening instead of a cocktail hour. Everything was so good and all the staff was very friendly.
    All our guests commented on how good the food was. You can't go wrong having them cater your event.

Madeline · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful, personalized service

We very much enjoyed working with The Moveable Feast as we planned our wedding. Sherry was extremely flexible, answered all of our questions, and completely customized our menu. Everything we tasted was fantastic, and was just as good the day of the wedding. We were expecting there to be leftovers, and somehow there were none even when we had a few guests no-show. But otherwise everything was exactly as we expected. Many of our guests raved about the food and the service!

The Moveable Feast even took a family cake recipe and used it to make our wedding cake, which was amazing and saved us from having to hire another vendor. We didn't have time to test out the appetizers during happy hour, but when we got to our sweetheart table, they had prepared a plate for us, so we got to enjoy in between toasts! We would absolutely recommend The Moveable Feast!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2018

Sherry and her staff at Moveable Feast are outstanding! The quality and presentation of the food are fabulous and create a festive atmosphere. The staff are extremely professional and accommodating. I was concerned about price, but Sherry worked with me and my budget to put on a spectacular event. Very glad I called them, will do it again without hesitation!

Sara · Married on 08/04/2018

The Moveable Feast catered our wedding on 8/4/18, including our cake and desserts. We worked with Misty Rose during the planning process and had a separate supervisor for the day of, whose name escapes me so I feel bad (it was a hectic day!). We are SO HAPPY with how everything turned out and we highly recommend Moveable Feast. Everyone we worked with was kind, caring, responsive, and attentive. They accommodated several requests, including special cake decor and specific desserts we wanted (they made us purple french lavender flavored macarons and they were a huge hit!). The dinner itself was absolutely delicious and the staff on-site we so kind and helpful. Our guests raved about the food and desserts. We're so thankful for The Moveable Feast!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/30/2018

Five stars all around for The Moveable Feast! Misty was outstanding to work with in the planning of our daughter's wedding and was especially flexible and helpful when we had to move the reception location because of a problem with our venue. The food was wonderful as well (we chose TMF because of the food we had at a friend's wedding) and the staff and coordinator, Nancy, did a great job at the reception.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Becky · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough about Sherry and her team at Moveable Feast! I was on the fast track with my wedding and planned it in 6 weeks! Moveable Feast came highly recommended and I cannot thank them enough for a seamless wedding day! Sherry helped me map out the perfect setting; from chairs, napkins, bar tending, to food... I felt like I gave our guests a treat! Sherry also connected me to one of their favorite DJ's and they were amazing as well! Love Plus One is listed as one of their recommended vendors and wow! I am still in post wedding bliss and want to than Moveable feast for all they've done. Thank you! Becky (and James) Gaskin.

Sent on 06/26/2018

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you Becky, working with you was a true pleasure!!