The Moveable Feast Catering Reviews

The Moveable Feast Catering 6
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 06/29/2019

Bride/Wedding

Excellent food! Love how they come and cook onsite and leftovers are yours to keep!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Daniel Dohey · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing service and great food

First I must thank the staff for being so professional and nice. The set up was great, it looked perfect. The food was delicious and the quality of service you are getting for the price you pay cannot be beat.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Ashlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

The Moveable Feast was extremely helpful throughout our entire process in planning our wedding. Sherry was flexible in scheduling the tasting as my husband and I are out of state due to military assignment. Our wedding was in an airplane hangar, therefore we not only needed delicious food and drink, we needed tables, chairs, setup, take down, etc. The Moveable Feast made our wedding a "5 star event" according to one of our guests. Some of the best food ever consumed at a wedding! Sherry and her staff provided such amazing service and support that I was not worried AT ALL on my wedding day, which allowed me to truly be in each moment and enjoy this once in a lifetime event.

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Caseyann

Caseyann · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot begin to express how grateful my husband and I are to Misty and the Moveable Feast crew - everyone from the chefs to the waitstaff - for their exceptional service. Over a week later, and I still have friends, family, and co-workers telling me how delicious all of the food was (pro-tip, the smoked duck appetizer has appeared in people's DREAMS, that's how amazing it was). My mom, who is rarely impressed by anything, made a point to tell me how fabulous her steak was, and my dad was giddy over the ice cream bar. Two of my friends loved the cheesecake so much, they snuck a whole round into our photobooth to give it it's own photoshoot. There is no way to adequately stress how phenomenal the food was... my husband has lamented the fact that Moveable Feast doesn't have a restaurant that we can visit to eat it all again.

Misty truly went above-and-beyond in her quest to craft the most perfect evening. Not only did she respond quickly and positively to every request we made (adding kids meals, adding vegetarian options, our desire for a custom cheesecake wedding cake, etc), but she did not hesitate to extend a much-appreciated hand in setting up ALL of my decorations, much of which I left to her own discretion where placement and arrangement were concerned (and she knocked it out of the park). When I entered the space for the first time, I literally had my breath taken away and teared up, it was all so beautiful!

I will continue to recommend Moveable Feast to anyone who will listen for the foreseeable future, and hope we can use them again for other milestones in our lives. A+++++++++++, 10/10, Would recommend!

(I'll be back with photos when I get them from our -also fabulous- photographer!)

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Moveable feast did such a great job!

Very quick to response. They thought of the little things. They had more helpers and bodies compared to other caters and I think that made a big difference, it could not have gone any smoother. Thank you moveable feast!

Sent on 05/14/2019

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jess! You guys were a joy to work with!! I certainly hope we get a chance to work together again in the future!
    Best,
    Misty

Shilo · Married on 09/08/2018

Misty Rose and the entire staff at Moveable Feast were amazing to work with. Misty helped me find a menu that was beyond delicious and that fit in my budget. I loved how flexible they were and that I could pick and choose exactly what items I needed and wanted. I am STILL getting compliments on how great the food and service was. Nancy Baylee was my day of supervisor and she made sure the groom and I had appetizers at our table and personally prepared plates for us. Will definitely use them for any future catering needs.

Tammy · Married on 09/08/2018

Our daughter just got married this past weekend. The Moveable Feast catered the meal, plus made several dozen delicious desserts, which I didn't get any of because everyone was enjoying them, and they made us several dozen appetizers that we used for later in the evening instead of a cocktail hour. Everything was so good and all the staff was very friendly.
    All our guests commented on how good the food was. You can't go wrong having them cater your event.

Madeline · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful, personalized service

We very much enjoyed working with The Moveable Feast as we planned our wedding. Sherry was extremely flexible, answered all of our questions, and completely customized our menu. Everything we tasted was fantastic, and was just as good the day of the wedding. We were expecting there to be leftovers, and somehow there were none even when we had a few guests no-show. But otherwise everything was exactly as we expected. Many of our guests raved about the food and the service!

The Moveable Feast even took a family cake recipe and used it to make our wedding cake, which was amazing and saved us from having to hire another vendor. We didn't have time to test out the appetizers during happy hour, but when we got to our sweetheart table, they had prepared a plate for us, so we got to enjoy in between toasts! We would absolutely recommend The Moveable Feast!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2018

Sherry and her staff at Moveable Feast are outstanding! The quality and presentation of the food are fabulous and create a festive atmosphere. The staff are extremely professional and accommodating. I was concerned about price, but Sherry worked with me and my budget to put on a spectacular event. Very glad I called them, will do it again without hesitation!

Sara · Married on 08/04/2018

The Moveable Feast catered our wedding on 8/4/18, including our cake and desserts. We worked with Misty Rose during the planning process and had a separate supervisor for the day of, whose name escapes me so I feel bad (it was a hectic day!). We are SO HAPPY with how everything turned out and we highly recommend Moveable Feast. Everyone we worked with was kind, caring, responsive, and attentive. They accommodated several requests, including special cake decor and specific desserts we wanted (they made us purple french lavender flavored macarons and they were a huge hit!). The dinner itself was absolutely delicious and the staff on-site we so kind and helpful. Our guests raved about the food and desserts. We're so thankful for The Moveable Feast!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/30/2018

Five stars all around for The Moveable Feast! Misty was outstanding to work with in the planning of our daughter's wedding and was especially flexible and helpful when we had to move the reception location because of a problem with our venue. The food was wonderful as well (we chose TMF because of the food we had at a friend's wedding) and the staff and coordinator, Nancy, did a great job at the reception.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Becky · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough about Sherry and her team at Moveable Feast! I was on the fast track with my wedding and planned it in 6 weeks! Moveable Feast came highly recommended and I cannot thank them enough for a seamless wedding day! Sherry helped me map out the perfect setting; from chairs, napkins, bar tending, to food... I felt like I gave our guests a treat! Sherry also connected me to one of their favorite DJ's and they were amazing as well! Love Plus One is listed as one of their recommended vendors and wow! I am still in post wedding bliss and want to than Moveable feast for all they've done. Thank you! Becky (and James) Gaskin.

Sent on 06/26/2018

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you Becky, working with you was a true pleasure!!

Tulga · Married on 05/18/2018

They were very helpful and kind during the planning stage, and very professional and reliable during the event. I would definitely work with them again.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

The entire team at Moveable Feast was amazing! From the food tasting through the end of the reception, they provided excellent, friendly and professional service. The food was fantastic -we had numerous compliments from our guests. The team was great about asking us questions and working with us at the venue. They had some great suggestions about floor plan (as we were responsible for set up at our venue) but ultimately worked with any decision we made. They made our night so special and again, the guests raved about the meal, deserts, and bartender services. We highly recommend Moveable Feast.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Elizabeth · event on 02/09/2018

The Moveable Feast Catering is phenomenal. They have catered 3, soon to be 4 events for us and they have all been spectacular. The food is always wonderful. The owner, Dan, and his staff are top notch and go above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly. I would highly recommend The Moveable Feast.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Hey Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for the great review! We love working with you and can't wait until your next event!

becky · Married on 11/11/2017

Moveable Feast did an excellent job. We had them do the 3 event job. Rehearsal dinner, morning of breakfast and wedding dinner. Each dinner included hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and desserts! Every thing was delicious and there are so many choices we did not have any duplicates! All of our guests raved about the food! I thought that it was a nice touch to have one of the waitstaff follow the bride through the food line both times to make sure she didn't get anything on her!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jessi · Married on 10/01/2017

I got married on 10/1/17 and we worked with Misty through Movable Feast. They did our dinner, dessert, linens and also provided staff, a bar tender, and chairs for our ceremony.

Misty was amazing and worked with all of our requests. She helped to fit our budget and dietary needs, and went above and beyond in helping with other details, such as how to set up the venue for our guests. She was very accommodating and everything went perfectly and tasted delicious on the day of the event. I heard so many compliments from my guests about the dinner and dessert! I'd highly recommend this company for any wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Thank you Jessi, It has been my pleasure to work with you both! ~Misty

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

I got married on 9/30 in a venue that required us to hire all of our own vendors. Of the 6 vendors I hired for our day, Moveable Feast was the one I was most happy with from start to finish! Misty is an absolute Rock Star. Her communication was very prompt (always within 24 hours), her initial proposal was so incredibly detailed, and the service they provided on the day was out of this world. If your venue is nontraditional in any way (no kitchen, barn wedding, or a greenhouse like us!) you must must must use Moveable Feast. A few highlights of the experience:

- Like I said, communication was so prompt and clear. We always received an updated proposal after each change.
    - Our tasting was so fun! I mean this - everything we ate was delicious!
    - They are so flexible. They really do want to create a custom menu, perfectly tailored to you and your event. They even provided vegan dishes for two of our guests and they both said it was in the top 3 vegan meals they're ever had!
    - Professional servers that were very quick! They even rushed to grab this nervous bride a glass of water before I walked down the aisle.
    - I ate at my own wedding. I was looking forward to those mashed potatoes for days beforehand! I will say it again because it often gets lost in the chaos of wedding planning. Every single thing that they prepared for us was outstanding. We still have people saying it was the best wedding food they're ever had.

Just check this big item off your list and hire Moveable Feast. It will be a huge relief from now until your big day!

Sent on 10/11/2017
    The Moveable Feast Catering 7

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly and Jeffery. We loved being part of such a special day in your lives!!

Cindy · Married on 08/26/2017

On 8/26/2017, we had our son's wedding at our Lakehouse. If I could give this company 100 stars I would. They were outstanding! We worked with Sherry Perkins as our Sales Rep and Nancy as our Supervisor. Nancy was exceptional and such a joy to work with. She was so polite. The wait staff was professional in every manner. Everyone at Moveable worked hard to make this day perfect. My husband and I did nothing but enjoy ourselves at the wedding. Everyone complimented on the food and the service. I would highly recommend Moveable Feast for your next occasion.

Sent on 08/30/2017

dayra · Married on 05/18/2017

They pretty much ran my reception. I didn't have to worry about anything. They did so much more than I ever expected.

Sent on 05/23/2017

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Dayra, You were a pleasure to work with!
    ~Misty

Laura · Married on 07/23/2016

Our event was held in our backyard and Moveable Feast arranged all the setup with Delux Rental for tent, tables and chairs. Food was excellent. Staff was very helpful and professional.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Theresa · Married on 07/23/2016

Don't miss the tasting menu day! It was awesome, truly helped make our menu decisions easier and just a really fun event.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Juan · Married on 07/16/2016

Moveable Feast catered our wedding at the University of Michigan Museum of Art. Misty was so nice and helpful in helping us decide our menu, making great menu suggestions while also being very flexible and accommodating with our special requests. The food and cake were delicious, and the service was impeccable! Their knowledge of the space was also invaluable, since the museum restrictions can make it a tricky venue to manage; they took on a lot more than your average caterer, setting up our ceremony space as well and quickly flipping it for dinner. They handled it all flawlessly and we can't thank them enough for making sure our big day went off without a hitch.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Maria · Married on 06/26/2016

Book The Moveable Feast! Great food and amazing service! We booked them for our intimate wedding reception and they went above and beyond what we expected! Great people....awesome food!

Sent on 06/28/2016

The Moveable Feast Catering's reply:

Thank you Maria, you and Matt were an absolute pleasure to work with!
    ~Misty