The Modern Officiant Reviews

101 Reviews for The Modern Officiant

• Jemal

Jemal Shelton · Married on 06/28/2020

Incredible

The perfect officiant for us. Thank you for all the private calls and advice you gave. You definitely was a guardian from behind the scenes.

Sent on 06/30/2020

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was such an honor to officiate your wedding and be a part of your lives!

Sarah Knapp · Married on 01/25/2020

Devoted, thoughtful, and caring Officiant

Jemelle truly is a wonderful person. We chose her as our officiant for our wedding. We were drawn to her warmth and optimism when we had first interviewed her over the phone. We had a slightly unusual request in that we had asked for her to marry us legally a few days before the official wedding (we wanted a certain date as our legal wedding date). Jemelle accommodated us without an additional charge or hesitation.

Jemelle provided a beautiful service. We had several family members tell us what an amazing job she did. We felt like we had known her all our lives by how she treated us during the ceremony. We were obviously emotional, but she was our rock. We had a last minute change where we had incorporated in a handfasting, and Jemelle happily made the change. She was sweet, thoughtful, and I can't think of enough good things to say about her. She was truly a gift, and I can't thank her enough for marrying us. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/01/2020

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review, Sarah! Working with you and Nick was such a pleasure. It was refreshing to have a couple who knew how they wanted their love reflected in their ceremony. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting your very supportive family and friends, and I am so thankful to have been chosen to be a part of your day!
  • Orin

Orin Thompson · Married on 10/10/2019

Completed our vision

Jemelle did an amazing job at our wedding. She was professional, friendly, warm and compassionate. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Ayannah

Ayannah · Married on 10/06/2019

A Master of Her Craft!

I contacted Jemelle after reading all her exemplary reviews and it left me excited and anxious ( in a good way) to work with her. Not being from an extremely religious background, we were looking for an officiant to craft a ceremony full of love and not religion and I’m so happy we found her. She took time getting to know us through pre-marital counseling (highly recommended!!!) and took pieces of what she learned to carefully tell the story of our magic on our big day. Our wedding was only a month ago, but we’re still getting compliments on how meaningful Jemelle made our ceremony! Her prices were extremely reasonable and she was flexible with us and our schedules throughout the entire process. If you’re looking for an amazing officiant take time to get to know you and your partner and make your ceremony memorable and meaningful, look no further!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Tyesha

Tyesha Condrey-Smallwood · Married on 10/05/2019

Magnificent Officiant

Omg! From the first interaction with The Modern Officiant to the last, you can tell this is just not a job for her it’s her passion. She was very kind, accommodating, transparent, honest & lovable. It was an absolute honor to have her to participate in our wedding.

Massenia Chiles · Married on 10/05/2019

Tyesha & Danita's wedding

Amazing. Her words was mesmerizing. I felt so connected and emotional. I thought she'd known the lovely couple for years.

• Danita

Danita Condrey-Smallwood · Married on 10/05/2019

Simply Amazing

What was suppose to be a surprise originally turned out to be an amazing ceremony shared amongst friends, family and our new favorite officiant, Jemelle! I was a silent fan of Jemelle's prior to our wedding and when the time came for me to know about the wedding (a few weeks prior to the date), I almost jumped out of my skin to know Jemelle was officiating! I'm still very gitty about it. She made the process so easy for us and with this being my first (last and only) marriage, I am so glad she was apart of it! To anyone who wants a wedding full of compassion and love, The Modern Officiant is your girl! Love, peace and blessings. -Nita

Dee Parker · Married on 10/05/2019

Smallwood- Condrey Wedding

Fantastic personality that is able to relate to others from guests of the wedding to the wedding party. Very professional, very accommodating, and very responsive! Highly highly recommend if you are looking for someone to add that personal special touch to your wedding and doesn’t just read a script!

K. Dulaney · Married on 10/05/2019

She was amazing!

She was amazing. I highly recommend!

• Lisa

Lisa S · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Job!!!

Such a nice lady professional and on time

Tillie Devane · Married on 10/05/2019

Guest of bride

I had no direct contact with her. She did a nice job officiating the union I attended. The service ice started ontime and she was very professional and respectful to the couple. I would refer her, but would need the couple to elaborate more on the interactions.

Brianna Nichols · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautifully done and very intimate.

The wedding was amazing and the officiant did a great job capturing the true love of the brides.

• Collin

Collin Shumate · Married on 05/26/2019

5 Star Wedding Officiant

Jemelle (Modern Officiant) was an amazing wedding officiant! My husband and I wanted an LGBTQ-specialized officiant who would be able to create a custom ceremony that highlighted our personalities and stories, as well as kept it non-religious. Jemelle met with us multiple times to craft our perfect ceremony and bring it into fruition! Many of our guests remarked on how beautiful the ceremony was. We highly recommend Jemelle for your special wedding day!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Jeramy

Jeramy Harris · Married on 05/10/2019

She's like family!

Jemelle is great. From start to finish she helped make sure everything was taken care of. You can really tell she is very passionate about what she does! She is so easy to work with, and brought great ideas to our day! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2019

Phenomenal Officiant

From start to finish Jemelle was the best officiant we could have chosen to marry us. Jemelle made sure we got everything we wanted, and she made sure to reach out to us regularly throughout the process to answer any questions we had. I am absolutely pleased with our experience with her. She was kind and patient, and I would highly recommend her to other couples.

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Tiara

Tiara · Married on 04/20/2019

Jemelle was amazing!!!

Jemelle was amazing!!! She captured our story beautifully. You would’ve thought she’d known us for years. She checked in periodically leading up to ceremony to see if we had any concerns. She had great tips on how to personalize our ceremony with the incorporation of our children and loved ones that have passed away. Her questionnaire helped her get a better idea of our love story, but it also helped us script our own vows. We are beyond grateful that she was a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Ren

Ren Long · Married on 02/23/2019

A wonderful experience!

Jemelle is an incredible officiant. It was important to us to find someone who was LGBTQ+ friendly, who would be able to represent us with a ceremony that would reflect our (not-very-religious) views, and not be alienating to our (varied religions) family. My husband & I spoke with Jemelle on the phone & I knew she was exactly what we were looking for! We explained the sort of ceremony we were hoping for, and she truly delivered!! It was beautiful and moving! So many people came up to me after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and specifically how much they enjoyed what Jemelle said. Most people just go "Oh what a lovely ceremony" but people were like "Where'd you find that officiant? Everything she said was so beautiful! What a joy!" Also, we didn't get a chance to meet with her before the rehearsal, but she immediately put us at ease. It really was wonderful working with her.

I could gush forever and honestly, I can't recommend The Modern Officiant highly enough! She really helped make our wedding a beautiful experience.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Wedding Officiant!

We absolutely loved working with Jemelle for our wedding!! First of all, she was so supportive and responsive throughout the entire wedding process. Literally from the moment we contacted her, she always got back to us so promptly and always had great answers. The questionnaire was so helpful for us in writing our vows and in thinking about our relationship in preparing for our wedding. She was always quick to answer and follow up with us.

The ceremony was so wonderful and professional. Jemelle crafted our ceremony perfectly. We were very particular that we wanted a very personal and non-religious ceremony and Jemelle absolutely delivered. We got so many compliments on our ceremony and there was not a dry eye in the place.

After the wedding, Jemelle quickly sent in our wedding certificate, even sending us a confirmation with the tracking number! She then helped me figure out how to get a copy of our filed certificate quickly from the courthouse.

She was so helpful and we couldn't recommend her more. Our ceremony was so wonderful and we couldn't have imagined a better day.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot even begin to share how much love I have for Jemelle and what a genuinely perfect ceremony she created for us! We had an unfortunate incident with my father-in-law having a seizure right before the ceremony, and Jemelle was a such a comfort during the scary incident. She stayed a bit late even though she had another wedding to perform after ours and promised not to leave until we could make it official. All of our guests could feel the love and that had so much to do with the beautiful words she had to say. She really captured us and we were an out-of-town wedding that I had never actually met her. She also checked in with me the next day to make sure my father in law was ok. Luckily he is!! Her kindness and sincerely beautiful energy really did save the day. I could not recommend her services enough!

Sent on 10/06/2018

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Brittany! This was my most memorable wedding. The way you all came together so quickly and effortlessly for your father-in-law was the true definition of family. I am so very happy you chose me to be a part of your big day, and thank you again!

Samaria · Married on 09/15/2018

She was amazing! She was professional yet kind. She made our day everything I wanted and more!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Daniel

Daniel Foley · Married on 09/09/2018

Great experience and a wonderful ceremony

The Modern Officiant was all around a great experience to use. Jemelle provided us with such an excellent service for our ceremony. She was extremely easy to work with providing ideas that really made our ceremony come together and represent our union. Logistically, she was very professional,easy to communicate with, and the whole booking process was a snap.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2018

We chose Jemelle as our officiant because she looked SO happy and joyful in the pictures at other weddings she had done! And she did a fantastic job at ours. She touched base with us several times prior to the wedding, and was open to hearing our thoughts. We asked her to incorporate a breaking of the glass ceremony, and we were both touched by the amount of research and thought she put into that part of the wedding ceremony. She was timely, pleasant to be around and flexible.

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Jemelle was such a pleasure. The time we spent with her during premarital counseling really developed opportunities for communication in our relationship that we were not aware of. She was super helpful and made herself available when we needed her. During the ceremony, her presence was comforting and helped relax our nerves. Not to mention, our guest loved her!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Monica · Married on 06/15/2018

Jemelle has been a dream to work with, and has a fantastic demeanor as an officiant.

My husband and I wrote our vows, but we were down to the gun on this one, and Jemelle was great about being flexible and waiting on us to send it to her. She also thought ahead, and printed them out for us so we could read it off a small slip of paper instead of fretting about memorizing it.

My husband is also grateful for Jemelle for talking to him while he was feeling nervous at that altar. She just spoke to him about things other than the wedding which was immensely helpful.

Jemelle made the 50+ mile drive out to rockmart, GA for the wedding rehearsal and reception. I am so glad we had a chance to work together.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Dominque · Married on 06/01/2018

Jemelle was the officiant for my wedding and I cannot day enough great things about her. She was extremely responsive and thorough in what she does. Also very down to Earth and easy to connect with. She has a very good spirit and energy that I helps to make your wedding special. The ceremony went great because of her. She was professional and gave us exactly what we wanted. Very happy with her and loved how she made my day special.

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you for these beautiful words! You were the ideal couple, and I loved every second of this journey. I am so happy that you chose me to join you and Rahmel in marriage. Congratulations again, Mr. And Mrs. St. Cyr!!!!