The Modern Officiant Reviews

The Modern Officiant 7
  • Ren

Ren Long · Married on 02/23/2019

A wonderful experience!

Jemelle is an incredible officiant. It was important to us to find someone who was LGBTQ+ friendly, who would be able to represent us with a ceremony that would reflect our (not-very-religious) views, and not be alienating to our (varied religions) family. My husband & I spoke with Jemelle on the phone & I knew she was exactly what we were looking for! We explained the sort of ceremony we were hoping for, and she truly delivered!! It was beautiful and moving! So many people came up to me after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and specifically how much they enjoyed what Jemelle said. Most people just go "Oh what a lovely ceremony" but people were like "Where'd you find that officiant? Everything she said was so beautiful! What a joy!" Also, we didn't get a chance to meet with her before the rehearsal, but she immediately put us at ease. It really was wonderful working with her.

I could gush forever and honestly, I can't recommend The Modern Officiant highly enough! She really helped make our wedding a beautiful experience.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Wedding Officiant!

We absolutely loved working with Jemelle for our wedding!! First of all, she was so supportive and responsive throughout the entire wedding process. Literally from the moment we contacted her, she always got back to us so promptly and always had great answers. The questionnaire was so helpful for us in writing our vows and in thinking about our relationship in preparing for our wedding. She was always quick to answer and follow up with us.

The ceremony was so wonderful and professional. Jemelle crafted our ceremony perfectly. We were very particular that we wanted a very personal and non-religious ceremony and Jemelle absolutely delivered. We got so many compliments on our ceremony and there was not a dry eye in the place.

After the wedding, Jemelle quickly sent in our wedding certificate, even sending us a confirmation with the tracking number! She then helped me figure out how to get a copy of our filed certificate quickly from the courthouse.

She was so helpful and we couldn't recommend her more. Our ceremony was so wonderful and we couldn't have imagined a better day.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot even begin to share how much love I have for Jemelle and what a genuinely perfect ceremony she created for us! We had an unfortunate incident with my father-in-law having a seizure right before the ceremony, and Jemelle was a such a comfort during the scary incident. She stayed a bit late even though she had another wedding to perform after ours and promised not to leave until we could make it official. All of our guests could feel the love and that had so much to do with the beautiful words she had to say. She really captured us and we were an out-of-town wedding that I had never actually met her. She also checked in with me the next day to make sure my father in law was ok. Luckily he is!! Her kindness and sincerely beautiful energy really did save the day. I could not recommend her services enough!

Sent on 10/06/2018

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Brittany! This was my most memorable wedding. The way you all came together so quickly and effortlessly for your father-in-law was the true definition of family. I am so very happy you chose me to be a part of your big day, and thank you again!

Samaria · Married on 09/15/2018

She was amazing! She was professional yet kind. She made our day everything I wanted and more!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    The Modern Officiant 8
    The Modern Officiant 9

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2018

We chose Jemelle as our officiant because she looked SO happy and joyful in the pictures at other weddings she had done! And she did a fantastic job at ours. She touched base with us several times prior to the wedding, and was open to hearing our thoughts. We asked her to incorporate a breaking of the glass ceremony, and we were both touched by the amount of research and thought she put into that part of the wedding ceremony. She was timely, pleasant to be around and flexible.

Sent on 08/27/2018
    The Modern Officiant 10
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Jemelle was such a pleasure. The time we spent with her during premarital counseling really developed opportunities for communication in our relationship that we were not aware of. She was super helpful and made herself available when we needed her. During the ceremony, her presence was comforting and helped relax our nerves. Not to mention, our guest loved her!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Monica · Married on 06/15/2018

Jemelle has been a dream to work with, and has a fantastic demeanor as an officiant.

My husband and I wrote our vows, but we were down to the gun on this one, and Jemelle was great about being flexible and waiting on us to send it to her. She also thought ahead, and printed them out for us so we could read it off a small slip of paper instead of fretting about memorizing it.

My husband is also grateful for Jemelle for talking to him while he was feeling nervous at that altar. She just spoke to him about things other than the wedding which was immensely helpful.

Jemelle made the 50+ mile drive out to rockmart, GA for the wedding rehearsal and reception. I am so glad we had a chance to work together.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Dominque · Married on 06/01/2018

Jemelle was the officiant for my wedding and I cannot day enough great things about her. She was extremely responsive and thorough in what she does. Also very down to Earth and easy to connect with. She has a very good spirit and energy that I helps to make your wedding special. The ceremony went great because of her. She was professional and gave us exactly what we wanted. Very happy with her and loved how she made my day special.

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you for these beautiful words! You were the ideal couple, and I loved every second of this journey. I am so happy that you chose me to join you and Rahmel in marriage. Congratulations again, Mr. And Mrs. St. Cyr!!!!

Cin · Married on 04/28/2018

Jemelle was perfect. She was exactly what we were hoping for and more in an officiant. We received so many compliments on the ceremony. She told our story and made the ceremony feel very personalized. She was highly responsive in the planning process and always prompt when we needed her. Jemelle even joined us for the reception and some fun because she's a delightful person! We are so grateful for the memories we will have for years to come because of Jemelle.

Sent on 06/16/2018
    The Modern Officiant 11
    The Modern Officiant 12
    The Modern Officiant 13
    The Modern Officiant 14

Katoria · Married on 04/21/2018

Jemelle was thee absolute best!!! From the first meeting she explained everything to be expected up until she pronounced us Husband and Wife! The ceremony was very personalized and even had to throw a Impromptu part in there. 5 stars all the way around! We will be contacting her again for the vow renewal!

Sent on 04/28/2018
    The Modern Officiant 15
    The Modern Officiant 16

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you for everything! I absolutely loved the entire process of making Mr. And Mrs. Holloway! Congratulations again!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

My new husband and I cannot GUSH enough about Jemelle Wooten (The Modern Officiant). She truly made our wedding ceremony better than we could have ever imagined! Even with only a couple meetings it felt like she truly UNDERSTOOD us and our relationship! Jemelle elegantly tied together the multicultural elements we wanted to include in our wedding, and infused it with our style and personality and we couldn't be happier. Thank you so much, we love you Jemelle!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    The Modern Officiant 17
    The Modern Officiant 18

James · Married on 01/14/2018

We couldn't be happier with the service and care Jemelle provided throughout the process. She truly earns her reputation as being fantastic and crafted a ceremony that was better than what we had imagined. Her encouragement and positivity the day of is something that is both unexpected and underappreciated but makes an enormous impact at that moment. We feel honored to have had such a fantastic individual marry us.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Thamara · Married on 12/29/2017

I could not have chosen a better officiant than Jemelle. She is very professional and you can see she is passionate about her work. Jemelle’s words were so touching. It is that part that made our wedding extra special. I also like the way that she puts us at ease. My husband and I were so nervous and she was so patient with us, telling us to take our time. The ceremony was beautiful, elegant and not too long.

Thank you so much Jemelle for everything xx
    From the Charles

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kelsey · Married on 12/23/2017

Jemelle, is in one word amazing! My now wife and I eloped two days before Christmas and Jemelle was right on bored! We had a small hike to get to our wedding spot at a local state park and she was a true champ! I would refer her to anyone who asks!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Aimee · Married on 12/17/2017

Jemelle was the perfect officiant for our wedding! She tailored our ceremony to our personalities and it truly fit us better than I could have imagined. She led the ceremony with a balance of love and humor and with an involved passion that I've never experienced from another officiant at another wedding. It was an absolute honor to share our wedding day with Jemelle and her lovely wife Maya, and we hope we are lucky enough to cross paths with them again!

Sent on 01/13/2018

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much, Aimee! We had so much fun at your wedding, and it was an honor and my pleasure to join you and
    Brian! Congratulations again!!!!

Sarrah · Married on 12/16/2017

Jemelle. Is. AWESOME! We fell in love with her from the very get-go and knew that we did not want anyone else to marry us. She genuinely seemed as excited as we were about getting married and that enthusiasm never wavered. We wanted a short and sweet ceremony and she was able to provide that while still making it extremely personal, mindful, and heartfelt. She definitely understood us as individuals as well as a couple and her service reflected that to a T. We invited her and her family to party with us afterward and they all fit in with our crowd perfectly. I even had people ask me afterward how long we'd been friends. :)

If you want an officiant that is upbeat, open, friendly, and modern, Jemelle is the one for you!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

Jemelle was absolutely wonderful. From the moment we first spoke on the phone, I knew she was the right officiant for our wedding. You can feel her warmth, compassion and heart through the phone. She asked all the right questions, listened to what we wanted in our ceremony, was professional and very thoughtful. The ceremony itself was one of a kind. She has us laughing, tearing up, smiling and she even threw in a Rick-Roll that our friends and guest are still talking about! Everyone involved had nothing but wonderful things to say about her, and I will recommend her for years to come.

Choose Jemelle to be your officiant. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/24/2017

The Modern Officiant's reply:

I had a great time at your wedding, but an even better time desiging your ceremony. You, Jesse, and Sophie are the ideal family!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

Jemelle was everything my wife and I were looking for in our officiant. Her professionalism was outstanding. Her engagement with us was outstanding. She was thoughtful and really listened to what we wanted our ceremony to be. She designed the ceremony to exactly what we wanted it to be. Jemelle also has a great sense of humor and it shows that she really enjoys what she does. She was also extremely helpful in explaining the marriage license process and making sure the legalities were in tact. Five stars on all dimensions!

Sent on 11/30/2017

The Modern Officiant's reply:

It was such an honor and my pleasure to work with you both. Thank you so much for choosing me to help make your day special!

Jasmine · Married on 11/04/2017

Such a beautiful person!! She was available throughout for any questions concerns we had. Very positive with great energy and vibes. Would definitely recommend!! Thank you for being apart of our day!!!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Renee · Married on 10/12/2017

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, it was very important for us to have an officiant who specialized in same sex weddings. When I spoke with Jemelle over the phone, I instantly knew she was the one for us. What's funny about it is she was my first and only call, lol. During our conversation, I asked if she could recommend me to a wedding coordinator and as luck would have it, her wife Maya is a wedding coordinator!! It was a win, win for us! Jemelle addressed ALL of our concerns. She was very professional and easy to talk to. Whenever I had questions, her response time was excellent! She gave great suggestions and even sent me ideas on how to write wedding vows. The vows she wrote for our ceremony was so personalized, you would've thought she knew us for years. Her and Maya are family for life!! I highly recommend Jemelle for your wedding. She will not disappoint!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much! You and your wife were so easy to work with and such a pleasure! I am so honored and happy to be able to call you my friends AND family!

Nakia · Married on 09/30/2017

Where do I begin. From the first contact between Jemelle and I, it was a GREAT experience. She was warm and welcoming and very easy to talk to. She was also very attentive to our needs and wants and gave us exactly what we requested. The vows she had for us made our relationship more meaningful than ever. Jemelle also brought her lovely wife to our rehearsal and wedding and she was such a delight as well. They were like family ❤️❤️
    September 30,2017 was a beautiful day and you helped make that possible. Keep up the EXCELLENT work you are doing! Jemelle comes highly recommended and I can't give enough stars, so I'll put more here ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Shaneaqua and Nakia

Sent on 10/05/2017

Kala and Mary · Married on 09/22/2017

Everything was absolutely amazing!! We will most definitely recommend to others and tell others of our wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/25/2017

KT · Married on 09/17/2017

Hey there review readers! I was a Groom yesterday at a wedding in which Jemelle was the officiant. If you are searching for the perfect officiant, a flexible professional who is interested in catering to all of your visions of ceremony, stop reading and call Jemelle. The number of compliments I received on selecting her for our wedding was abundant. Jemelle is an excellent communicator, certainly helped me feel at ease and was the perfect blend of solemnity and humor. Call her now before she gets really famous and is booked for the next year!

Sent on 09/18/2017

The Modern Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for that review, Kevin! I really enjoyed meeting your family and friends, and working with you and Shay. It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple! Congratulations again!

Josh · Married on 09/15/2017

Jemelle was so easy to work with and helped me and my husband feel very comfortable about the whole process. She was ready to lend a helping hand with writing our vows when we needed it and struck a perfect balance between serious and light-hearted! I highly recommend Jemelle!

Sent on 09/27/2017