The Mix Musical Services Reviews

20 Reviews for The Mix Musical Services

• Chelsea

Chelsea Luse · Married on 05/04/2019

Kept the party rockin'!

We hired Lori and the Mix because we knew wanted our reception to be all about the best dance floor ever and they delivered! They brought so much energy - they MC'd the entire event, dealt with so many custom requests (including an Indian dance flash mob!) and played everything on our list. They made the event feel personal and most of our guest stayed on the dance floor until the last note because we were all having so much fun. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Maura · Married on 09/14/2018

Hiring The Mix was the best decision we made for our wedding! Our number one goal was to have a packed dance floor, and Lori, Skip and The Mix delivered! We saw The Mix at a friend's wedding and knew we had to hire them for ours too (4 years later!). They did our dinner music, MC introductions and 3.5 hours of live music for the dancing portion of the night. They were an absolute blast! The Mix is SO talented and they have such a wide variety of songs. Everyone kept coming up to us on the dance floor to tell us they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard! Do not hesitate to book The Mix!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Angela · Married on 05/27/2017

Amazing Band. Go to a venue where they are playing and you will see EVERYONE dancing. the band enjoys what they are doing, plays a variety of music, never took a break for 3 hours. The next day the first words out of every guest's mouth was "what a band!". They made the wedding party a success. Music during dinner was a plus and not too loud. We booked them on advice from someone without hearing them and I would do the same all over again. Contact them early as they book up early. Just the best!!

Sent on 05/29/2017

EMily · Married on 07/16/2016

I LOVE The Mix! They are absolutely the BEST band ever! I got married in July and people are still talking about our amazing band! I have seen Lori and The Mix at several friends weddings and my sister's too, 9 years ago. They have gotten better with time!
    We met with Lori 2 months before our wedding. She suggested that we start the reception with a 15 minute dance set to get the party going. It was so much fun and everyone loved it! They helped keep the party going all night and our large dance floor was ALWAYS filled! These guys are a MUST!!!! Worth every penny!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Anya · Married on 07/09/2016

Lori and the Mix were amazing!!! Everyone was blown away by the music at our wedding. We had people tell us that they had planned on leaving earlier but couldn't miss out on the great music. The band played the entire time and never took a break. My husband and I were discussing how it would be great if they could play the new Justin Timberlake song but didn't want to ask them since it was brand new...and they played and ROCKED it! The energy throughout the night was awesome and that was in no small part due to The Mix!

We met with Lori and Mike about 2 months before our wedding to discuss specific songs we would like and just to get an idea of their style. They helped us nail down some songs that we were questioning and made us feel super comfortable.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Crusita · Married on 12/31/2015

When I was getting married I knew the bulk of my budget would go to a great meal, breathtaking decorations and an incredible band but I did not know where to start. Randy at Café La Cave where I had my wedding gave me a list of vendors, I researched other bands but after reading reviews online for The Mix I knew I should hire them. Lori was a pleasure to work with, she cared about what Paul and I wanted and made suggestions on what would get the party started. I asked my guest to give their input and presented Lori with a list. Everyone had a fabulous time and the dance floor was packed from the beginning of the evening until Lori played the last song. Everyone in the band was dressed so elegantly, everything was sheer perfection. Lori is extremely busy and I actually booked her without listening to her live because of the positive reviews and Randy's high recommendation. I was not disappointed, Lori and The Mix delivers one hundred percent.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Lindsay · Married on 08/08/2015

Lori and the Mix were absolutely, unbelievably amazing! They really made our wedding outstanding and our family and friends are STILL talking about them! Lori was so attentive and helpful with the planning process as well as incredibly flexible when it came to changing/modifying/altering plans. We had two instruments for our ceremony and a full band for the reception. They really brought the house down! (but seriously - it literally felt like the floor was going to give out during their rendition of shout!) They do these ridiculous mashups of songs and you don't even know the range of genres. It was seriously a sight to see, and they made the reception what it was. If I could I would give them 10 stars!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Steven · Married on 07/24/2015

Having Lori Shane and The Mix perform at our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made. The consistent and overwhelming feedback post our wedding was that the band was absolutely amazing and our guest were blown away. They played for 3 hours straight meshing songs together so there was no downtime or breaks between songs, as a result the dance floor was packed from beginning to end. The voices of the band are incredible and very much like the actual singers. They can play pretty much any genre and they have an impressive 30 page playlist to choose from. Additionally, they were willing to learn new songs for us. They also personalized our day by making sure they matched the colors we had picked for our wedding. We also decided to purchase the uplighting package from them which flowed throughout the night and changed to the music. Don't take my word for it, click on the demo below are hear for yourself. Or check out their schedule and come see them live. You too will understand what everyone in our wedding is still talking about today.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Riane · Married on 11/22/2014

The Mix was an absolute joy to work with! They did our wedding in November 2014 downtown Chicago! We meet with Lori prior to the ceremony to discuss all of the details. She was very flexible on picking a meeting place and time, as we lived out of town. We wanted to have a full dance floor all night and as well as a variety of music. The Mix did exactly that, our dance floor was full from the second it opened until midnight when the reception ended. Thank you Lori and The Mix for making our wedding the celebration we dreamed of!

Sent on 04/19/2015

Carrie · Married on 08/31/2014

In my opinion, a GREAT band is hard to forget and The Mix is a GREAT band.
    Our wedding took place on August 31, 2014 at Cafe La Cave in Des Plaines, IL.
    We booked the 8-pc. band for 3-1/2 hours.
    EVERYONE had a FABULOUS time and sang and danced the night away.
    The dance floor was jammed all nite long.
    ALL ages were TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!! with every musician and the number of musical instruments Lori played.

Lori- Wonderful to work with and VERY talented
    Skip...GREAT voice and entertainer...Motown-> The BEST!
    Musicians...Words cannot express...Superior!

The Mix is an INCREDIBLE band!

Check-out The Mix's upcoming public events and go have some fun~ https://www.facebook.com/themixinc
    You'll be glad you did.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Jayne · Married on 06/07/2014

The Mix is a MOST amazing band!! The music doesn't ever stop and neither does the dancing!!
    THANKS, Lori, for your professionalism and ease of communication for every aspect in having your band make my daughter's wedding reception a MOST memorable night!! To those who are reading this review, do not even think about looking further for a band... The Mix IS the band you are looking for!!

Sent on 06/11/2014
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 05/23/2014

I can't even describe how amazing The Mix preformed at my wedding! From the music at cocktail hour, to the AMAZING "MCing", to dinner music, to the all out dance party all night long, The Mix truly entertained my guests!!! I had a ton of my guests tell me how awesome they were and we rocked the dance floor until the night was over! If I need for a band for any function coming up, they'll be the first people I call!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Robin · Married on 05/03/2014

The Mix Musical Services provided the music for my daughters wedding. they were absolutely the best. I cannot say enough good things about them! The dance floor was jammed. The wedding was 2 weeks ago and I am still getting calls commenting on how great they were. Extremely talented, professional people, and nice too!
    Wedding: 05/03/2014
    Services Used: Band

Sent on 05/18/2014
  • F

Tiffany · Married on 07/20/2013

BEST.WEDDING.BAND.EVER.
    Having The Mix as our wedding band was the best decision we made for our wedding. Our reception was epic and our guests cannot stop talking about it. The talent in this bad is absolutely outstanding and they are a ton of fun! Lori, singer and coordinator, was very helpful in planning and making sure our music selections were flawless. Our dance floor, which was very good size, was jammed the entire night. When it was time for the band to wrap up we still had tons of guests on the dance floor and they all began a chant begging the band to keep going. If you want the most memorable, high quality, entertaining reception you can imagine this is the band for you.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2013

We could not have chosen a better band for our wedding. Lori, Skip and the whole band were amazing. They provided our ceremony music, couple entrance songs, MC and DJ during dinner, and live music with a 9 piece band during the reception. For our first dance we wanted two songs, and Lori created a mix with the two so we could practice dancing to it. The dance floor was packed all night, and we are still getting comments from our family and friends saying that our wedding band was the best band ever and that they had so much fun dancing. We loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a fun, high energy band.

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/22/2012

We had an absolute blast at our wedding with The Mix. The band was amazing, professional, upbeat, and always on key. Working with Lori was great - she was always in contact with us and helped make our wedding plans smooth. I would definitely recommend The Mix to everyone I know!

Sent on 03/20/2013

If this is The Mix band who is headed by Lori, then you are in the BEST HANDS! The band played at my sisters wedding and was SO FUN! They can play ANYTHING- their song list is out of control! They start the party off with their energy and dancing and interaction with the guests, and they KEEP the party going! I knew I had to have them at my wedding! From 7pm-1:30am they played and were PHENOMENAL! They truly made the wedding. They were great to work with, Lori was so helpful in the planning of the entire day/night. She is just awesome beyond words! I would hope that all my closet bride-to-be friends use The Mix Musical Services because a wedding without them just isn't as FUN!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Pat · Married on 10/10/2009

The best of the best! The music was excellent, no matter what the era or type. The Mix had our guests really enjoying themselves from start to finish. The dance floor was jammed for the very last song!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Leaette · Married on 08/07/2009

The Mix is AWSOME! Lori is great to work with and so professional. We still hear how awsome the band was! Our dance floor was packed the whole night! We LOVED them!!!

Sent on 09/01/2009

I found out about the Mix when they played at a wedding we were at last year. The Mix is the best band in the Chicago area. If you want your guests to have fun and dance at your wedding, look no further. The Mix was our guests' favorite part about the reception. They didn't take a break all night. They played all the songs we requested, including some very recent ones that they learned just for our wedding. They kept everyone dancing all night long! Lori is a bit hard to get in touch with at first, but don't give up-- it's well worth it!! you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/26/2013