The Meritage Resort & Spa - Vista Collina Resort Reviews

25 | Napa, CA

25 Reviews for The Meritage Resort & Spa - Vista Collina Resort

Amanda · Married on 05/13/2018

Having a destination wedding can be tricky, but having Andrea, our event manager, was like having a sister in my destination location. She was my go-to girl and she exceeded any expectations with my continuous flow of emails. Andrea could not have been any sweeter, kinder and more patient along the whole process. To be honest, it was hard to say goodbye at the end, as silly as that may sound. Having her and her team, gave me peace of mind, which is priceless. Any bride going through this crazy process is not only in great hands, but the best hands at The Meritage. We had a 50 person wedding. The ceremony was on the vineyard deck and the reception was in the cave. To say both locations blew guests away is an understatement. My special day was magical and it went off without a hitch. Thank you Andrea and the whole Meritage team! You have a home and a Cuban family in Miami waiting for you!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Denise · Married on 04/28/2018

We just had our daughter's wedding at the Meritage in April. A lot of our guests stayed at the hotel Friday and Saturday night. We had been planning this wedding with one of the hotel wedding coordinators, Andrea Dusil for the last 9 months. The wedding was everything and more than we could of ever dreamed of for our daughter. This hotel offers so much and the biggest jobs our done by them. The hotel is so beautiful you hardly need to add decorations. There are so many places on site to have your ceremony and reception. Our guests were amazed with the entire event from the Cave ceremony, Oakville Terrace cocktail reception,the Ballroom Reception and amazing meal. The hotel rooms and suites are beautiful and comfortable. The hotel resturant, Sienna as well as the Blend cafe have exceptional bites to suit your dietary needs, We could go on and on about the staff and the whole experience. If you are looking for an upscale place to have an event look no father this is the place. I'v also stayed here as a guest great beautiful getaway.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Traci · Married on 04/28/2018

The Meritage is an excellent choice for a wedding venue, we couldn't have asked for a better setting or service.

Coordination for our first tour, to booking, to all final details was amazing. Our coordinator, Andrea, was quick to respond and always one step ahead of what we needed to think about. She made the day absolutely flawless - we had the easiest, most relaxing morning on the day of the wedding because we knew she was taking care of everything.

The ceremony was picture perfect and set up just how we requested - it's so naturally beautiful that we used minimal floral decorations and it was stunning. Cocktail hour was set in the fountain courtyard and creatively blocked off from walk-through guest traffic. The bar staff was quick and there was hardly a line (we do recommend getting the extra bar tender!). The staff brought up trays of hors d'oeuvres and champagne for us and the bridal party after the ceremony, but we were whisked away in the shuttle and weren't able to have them. By the time we got to cocktail hour, they were done passing more but our guests said they were amazing. The reception flowed very well - the food was brought out quickly so guests didn't have to wait and the bar was reviewed to make superb cocktails.

We highly recommend booking the Meritage - it was perfect for us as the couple being married, but our guests very much enjoyed the surroundings as well as the day! Thank you to Andrea and the rest of the team for all of their hard work, it truly was a flawless day.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 11/05/2017

We planned my daughter's wedding at the Meritage over a 2 year period. We were treated like famil and so welcomed. They bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect. The wedding was held on their terrace in the vineyard, then the reception was in the wine cave. Both were OUTSTANDING. Service and staff members were excellent. Andrea Dusil was FABULOUS to work with. Can't recommend this hotel enough. Fantastic location, beautiful scenery, awesome hotel!!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Dear Mary Beth,

Congratulations to your daughter and we are so glad that you were able to enjoy the wedding experience from planning through the end of the reception. It's great to know that you, your family and friends were all able to enjoy some of our most special and beautiful spaces for a special and memorable day. We look forward to welcoming you, your daughter and family back for more special memories in the future.

Warm regards,
    Shashi Poudyal
    Managing Director
    The Meritage Resort and Spa

Brittany · Married on 09/23/2017

We had our wedding at this resort and I can't say enough great things about it, everything was perfect. Ceremony in a vineyard with a beautiful view, then reception in a wine cave that was absolutely stunning! They have a bowling alley at the resort so you can rent bowling lanes for an after party if you'd like. We did and it was a blast! The staff was so friendly from the event planner I was emailing months in advance, to the bell men upon arrival, room service, bartenders, everyone was so nice and accommodating. The staff at our pool party on Friday communicated our love for bubbles to the staff working our brunch on Saturday so they were able be proactive and have extra bottles chilled close by in case we needed them, and we did :) The Meritage has it all together which took the stress off us so we could enjoy our time there with our friends and family. Thank you Meritage for making our weekend so special!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Noelle · Married on 09/18/2017

Our event planner, Andrea D., was an absolute godsend and I would encourage anyone to work with her. She answered my hundreds of emails promptly and professionally, but more than that, I really feel that she became my friend in the process. She made me feel like she was as invested in the wedding as I was and I am honestly sad that our business relationship has concluded and I don't have a good reason to send her messages anymore.

I could go on and on, but for convenience sake, I will list the PROS here:

- Awesome staff: Besides Andrea, a lovely woman named Patricia actually came to my room with a sewing kit to fix my wedding dress after catastrophe struck. She was so kind and helpful, mending not only my dress but my sanity in that moment.

- Beautiful facilities: The ceremony deck is incredible and picturesque. Some people point out that the hotel is close to a busy highway, but you can't see or hear a thing up there. The Estate cave is spectacular. I recommend paying the extra expense for the vine-pattern uplighting because it really adds to the ambiance.

- Best wedding suite ever: Our wedding package came with the wedding suite, which was by far the nicest room I've ever stayed in. Massive deck, fully equipped kitchen, couches, beautiful bed, great bathroom amenities, swimming pool where a bathtub should be-- I digress.

- Delicious food: Everyone commented on the fantastic quality of the food and the portions were very healthy.

- Open bar: In Napa, it's tough to get an open bar and many places require you to pre-purchase wine. The bartender was great, the pours were generous, and the selection was ample.

To conclude, Meritage was the decision that I would recommend most enthusiastically. While things inevitably went wrong on the big day, nothing was the fault of the venue and they consistently did their very best to make sure that we were happy and comfortable the entire time. My only regret is that we can't do it again!

Sent on 10/18/2017

EE · Married on 07/23/2017

We had our wedding at the Meritage on 7.23.17 and it was truly a magical day. All of our guests (75 total), included us flew into the Napa area from the Wisconsin/Illinois area, everyone was from out of town and it was more of a destination wedding. It was wonderful to host/accommodate everything on one property. We had a per-ceremony champagne hour on the lower vineyard patio, the VIEWS are amazing! The champagne hour really set the mood for the entire wedding day. Following the champagne hour, the ceremony was held on the upper patio, also spectacular views. Not much decor is needed, as the back drop is spectacular. Cocktail hour was held on the lower patio with the reception in the wine cave. When entering the wine cave, you will be amazed by how that space makes you feel magical. We added the vine lights as part of our package, highly recommend doing this! Chef Dana and his team put together an amazing meal for all of us. We received many of compliments for our guests saying the food was the best they have had at any wedding. I can truly say the food/wine/drink choices at the Meritage are not your "typically" wedding reception food. One of the main reason we choose to getting married in the Napa area is due to the high quality food/wine choices and I can say that the Meritage did deliver on this. If you are foodie, you will not be disappointed with the quality at The Meritage!

The best part of our wedding at the Meritage was working with one of the best and most responsive Event Managers, Andrea Dusil. Planning a wedding for afar can be a bit difficult, but Andrea made the planning process seamless. There was not one time we can recall not getting a response back from Andrea. Every email and question we had, she was quick and detailed in her response. I can honestly say Andrea's service made our day perfect. Andrea is by far one of the biggest assets to having a wedding a wedding at The Meritage.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Christina · Married on 06/10/2017

I picked this amazing venue after we got engaged (been together for 14 years!) and I was so impressed by the level of professionalism and attention to detail from its staff. Andrea Dusil was in charge of coordinating things for us at the Meritage and I was really happy with all the support and guidance that she provided over the last year! The resort is just beautiful and the cost for guests to stay was not outrageous like some of the other places in Napa. We got married on June 10th 2017 and decided to come up on Wednesday to enjoy Napa and unwind. When we arrived there was a bottle of champs in our chairman suite along with a cheese plate. There were several amenities provided for us throughout our stay (Wednesday thru Monday)! We felt appreciated and got to enjoy Napa with our friends and family!

The day of the wedding, I was very stressed (wanted everything to be perfect!), but after getting driven up to the vineyard deck for the ceremony, I was put at ease - It was gorgeous! We had the gazebo draped in white linen and rose petals filled the aisle - It looked like something off Pintrest - Simply perfect! The ceremony went off without a hitch and we will cherish that moment for the rest of our lives!

The reception was off the hook - it took place in the wine cave and we chose the vine lighting with some pink uplighting. Everyone commented on how great the space looked and loved the vibe! Dinner service was perfect - and I mean perfect! Both my husband and I have worked in the service industry growing up and were very impressed by the food quality and the staff's attentiveness! Everyone loved the food and everyone's drink was always full - these were all must-haves going in when we picked this venue!

The late night snacks were a big hit, but I didn't get any because I was too busy talking and dancing - everyone loved the sliders and fry bar! All my family, friends and husband are still talking about the wedding - we had an absolutely amazing time!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Robert · Married on 08/20/2016

This is a beautiful venue for our wedding. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a winery wedding. They have everything you need to make this a memorable event.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Kate · Married on 03/05/2016

We had our wedding and rehearsal dinner reception at the Meritage and both were absolutely stunning! Andrea Dusil was our Event Manager and she did a fantastic job!!! She was a pleasure to work with and made sure that we got exactly what we wanted throughout the whole process! The Meritage is a beautiful venue and we could not be happier with how our wedding turned out! Also, all of our friends and family loved staying at the resort for the festivities. Its definitely one of the best wedding venues in Napa!

Sent on 03/21/2016

The Meritage Resort & Spa was my venue of choice for my wedding (ceremony and reception) as well as the rehearsal dinner which my fiance and I decided to make it open to all our our out of town family and friends. The rehearsal dinner actually ended up being a pre- wedding party we held at their on site "sports bar like" location Crush Lounge (which has 6 lanes to bowl, a pool table and shuffle board.) The events were both exactly what my fiance and I wanted. The wedding and reception were held in the estate wine cave. This location provided the rustic romance effect I was looking for, as well as a uniqueness that distinctly separated my wedding from any other that my family and friends had experienced. The customer service from all the staff went above and beyond to make the experience memorable. My overall experience was excellent. Andrea was a great vendor event manager and she too went above and beyond during the planning of our wedding and on our special day.

Sent on 03/03/2016

Kate · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding here at the beginning of October and it was breathtaking! We chose to stay at the resort the week leading up to the wedding and took full advantage of the spa and the amenities it has to offer!
    The staff and everyone we worked with was always ready to help and make our stay and wedding as relaxing and worry-free as possible.
    The food for our ceremony was phenomenal, as was the level of service provided!!! Couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Alicia · Married on 04/17/2015

Choosing the Meritage for our wedding venue was hands down the best decision we could have made. Not only is it an incredibly beautiful property - our pictures are amazing and our guests were blown away - but Carly and the team we worked with at the Meritage were WONDERFUL and made wedding planning so much easier!!

We were living in Washington DC, but planning our wedding in Napa so we needed to keep things as simple and easy as possible. It was so nice to work with a venue where everything was included from catering, rentals, ceremony and reception spaces, and hotel. It eliminated having to have a million different moving parts since we didn't have to book all of those services separately. In fact, Carly was so great that when I wanted specialty linens and napkins, she ordered them for me from La Tavola linens and just added them to our Meritage bill (1 less thing to worry about!).

We did have a small hiccup when checking in, but the front desk staff was incredibly kind and they corrected the error quickly. Other than that, our wedding went perfectly. The banquet staff was amazing (synchronized service), the food was delicious, and I was blown away with how fast they could set up. We got married in the cave and had the reception in the cave and they flipped the room in about 30 minutes. I am so grateful we found the Meritage and can't thank Carly and the banquet team enough for their outstanding service. We can't wait to come back and stay for an anniversary trip!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Naomi · Married on 03/28/2015

We had our ceremony and reception in the Estate Cave. Cocktail hour was held by the poolside patio while staff preformed a seamless room transition. Everything was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. The food was delicious. We had plated dinner (NY steak and chicken breast). The majority of our guests got the steak and could not stop talking about it.

The Meritage provides a shuttle to drive you, and whoever you want in photos, to the top of the property to take pictures in the vineyard. Very convenient as the hike would be brutal in heals.

I worked with Carly during the planning process and she was absolutely amazing. She is very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and quick to respond to emails. She helped make the planning process as stress free as possible.

We had a great experience working with the Meritage. Our wedding was amazing and the venue was perfect.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Jenn · Married on 04/26/2014

Ashley Thomas was who we talked to originally when we found the place. We fell in love with the site. She fought for our date of April 26 because someone else wanted the date too. She helped us out alot in the beginning then we switched to Carly Orris who was AMAZING to work with. She was patient and helped us through the entire wedding process. She taught us so much and we are SO grateful that she was there. The Meritage is an AMAZING place. The vineyard deck is gorgeous in pictures and the Estate Cave for our reception was awesome.... The hotel was so accommodating even though they had SO many events happening on the same weekend we were getting married. Our guest LOVE the food.. probably one of the best wedding meals we have EVER had (and filing)... HIGHLY recommend this place if you are looking for something amazing (room, wedding coordination, site, etc) No complaints from the bride and groom :)

Sent on 05/20/2014

Maria · Married on 12/22/2013

The cave is absolutely amazing. It is on the pricey side so choose an off-season date if you are on a budget like I did, but the venue will not disappoint. My guests were raving about the venue. Minimal decor is needed due to the natural beauty of the venue. December is NOT too cold at all which was my biggest fear. At night it is freezing but you are indoors. The chapel on location is small and the priest that we used was new and not familiar with the venue. I would not recommend the priest because he was on the nerdy side (St. John) and seemed like a scatter brain. He is not affiliated with the Meritage but if you want a catholic wedding, you are limited with choices. The vendors that the Meritage recommends vary in price, some are expensive and some are reasonable so try to use their vendors since some offer discounts at the Meritage. There was hotel guests helping themselves to our cocktail hour but the event manager was apologetic and hopefully that does not happen to another bride/groom. We got married on a Sunday and the after-hours (Crush) was closed so that was a bummer, they offered to stay open but we had to pay. The front desk takes an excessive amount of time to check in guests under your name, I was checking in for 2 people but still.

Sent on 02/11/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

Beautiful venue and accommodations for our guests. Andrea was our point-person and she was so responsive and helpful with any questions or special requests we had. We had to change the location of our venue last minute from the outdoor vineyard to the cave indoors due to extreme heat (108 degrees!) and Andrea made sure we had a backup location ready to go without any delay or hiccups in the transition. The resort has plenty of amenities for guests with 2 pools, restaurants, Crush bar, and a cafe. The staff was super responsive and friendly. Highly recommended for a Napa wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Deanna · Married on 04/22/2017

It is with joy in my heart to write a stellar review for Andrea Dusil (event manager), Jake Satrazemis (sales), Ric Maust (a/v), and the fabulous staff that helped us create the weekend we will never forget (shouts to Jordan from bell services, Jordan from the front desk, and Jesus from Sienna). From beginning (10 months ago) to end (thank you emails days after our wedding weekend), our experience celebrating at and with Meritage was top notch. Andrea was responsive, attentive, kind-hearted, plus every. single. person. encountered. professional, and made us feel that they were here for us as family wanting to make sure everything was seamless and we were all happy.

SCOPE: We booked the Estate Cave (Saturday 3PM ceremony), Oakville Terrace (cocktail hour), Carneros Ballroom (reception), Crush Lounge (after party), and Vineyard Terrace (Sunday brunch). 156 guests, Meritage package, Chairman Suite, used Spa Terra before the weekend.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful the planning and execution experience was with Andrea Dusil. She was so detailed, responsive, communicative, and fun to work with. Lawrence and I both appreciate her so much as she really did go beyond the extra mile to make sure we had the most special weekend that not only we but our family/friends would remember in the fondest way. The whole team that we encountered from the front desk to the those we passed in the hallway were all so friendly, professional, on task, and welcoming.

I could not imagine a better venue that provides a romantic setting and the opportunity to really create an event that is personalized to the couple.

Sent on 01/27/2018

Dear Deanna,

Thank you for your wonderful of your wedding experience at The Meritage Resort! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and the excellent service provided by Andrea, Jake, Ric, Jordan, Jesus and our many other team members. Our resort and the Napa Valley are truly enchanting places, so thank you for choosing The Meritage as the venue for your special celebration. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another stay!

Warmest Regards,
    Shashi Poudyal
    Managing Director
    The Meritage Resort and Spa

Bobbi · Married on 05/25/2014

The Meritage was such a perfect place for us to get married! The staff was great, the price was reasonable and guests didn't have to worry about transportation. Everything was right there.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Wonderful site and excellent food. All around pleased.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Laurie · Married on 10/04/2015

We had our ceremony in the cave at the Meritage. It was absolutely beautiful! Our Wedding coordinator, Andrea, was wonderful and I would highly recommend her! We also stayed at the Meritage and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer - it was wonderful.

Sent on 11/15/2015

carl · Married on 06/10/2017

3.8
      3.0

Nice stay what happened to the nice bottled water?

Sent on 07/14/2017

Hi Carl,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our team. We did recently switch from our branded water bottled water to Evian and hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

3.8
      2.0

We had an Indian wedding in Napa Valley which is not easy to do. First of all, Indian weddings are big and many venues in Napa cannot accommodate that many people. Secondly, Indians like to drink hard liquor and a lot of places don't have a liquor license. And finally, Indians are picky about their food! We chose the Meritage because it met the majority of our requirements. We worked mostly with Tiana who is very sweet and helpful! Overall, everything was great!

The rooms are pricey but our wedding party was willing to pay for them. The actual deck where we got married was stunningly beautiful with greenery everywhere and the vineyards in the background were breathtaking. The reception food served by the Meritage restaurant was great! We had all three wedding events at the Meritage and were able to use a variety of different ballrooms and different patio areas to make each one unique.

The only complaints I have is that they only let us use the Indian food vendor of their choice which did not meet our standards. We had 2 different food tastings and none of our feedback was taken into consideration. The food ended up being too spicy and not at all what we wanted. We expressed our concerns but they still would not let us chose the Indian restaurant of our choice. Also, while the outdoor venue was stunning and the wine cave is gorgeous, only the ballroom was actually big enough for our party of 200. The actual ballroom needs a lot of work. We had to pay a lot of extra money for the decorations including lighting and drapery to make it look beautiful. It is not a naturally beautiful ballroom. Despite those things, the wedding was beautiful and magical and we were very happy overall!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Lorena · Married on 07/05/2013

3.4
      3.5
      2.0

Our wedding was great. Despite the rooms assigments. I feel that for the amount of money we spend the hotel should keep everyone in the wedding party at least in the same building. We requested that since day one, and of course the tell you that they will try, I trusted that they would accomodate our request, when we arrived the reality was that the everyone was in different buildings. Despite all of that my husband and I made up our minds of enjoying every moment of our pre-wedding and post-wedding and not allowing things to convert us into "Bridezilla and Groomzilla" I hope they improved the service and be more flexible and accomoditing for the wedding group. Afterall a wedding generates very good amount of revenue for them.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Brittany · Married on 03/21/2020

2.6
      2.0

Beautiful venue but lacking service

I began working with the Meritage in April 2019 for my March 2020 wedding. While there are a few positive aspects of the Meritage (convenient location, all-in-one facility, grounds well kept, great food), my experience so far has been challenging. When provided with the initial estimate for our wedding ceremony and reception, we discovered that the Meritage had overcharged us and included the wrong tax rate -- after a phone call, it was later adjusted and they apologized.

When looking to get a room block, the room rate that we were quoted was higher than the Meritage's "Best Available Rate" offered online, and significantly higher than what was being offered on third-party sites. I do understand the Meritage is not able to compete with third parties, but thought at a minimum they would meet their own rate that was offered to the public. After a phone call, that was later adjusted and we were offered the "Best Available Rate".

Though the Meritage has been responsive when we've pointed out errors or inconsistencies, it's unfortunate that we have had to spend so much time doing this. Considering the cost of this venue, I'd expect closer attention to detail and greater quality of service.

Most recently, I tried emailing the Events Manager, my main point of contact who I had been exchanging emails with weekly, to ask a question about day of logistics. After not receiving a response to 2 emails and 2 voicemails over a week or so, I reached out to another person at the Meritage and they told me the Events Manager had left the Meritage. As a customer, I would expect to be told this ahead of time with proactive communication, especially when I am 3 months out from my wedding date. Instead, I had to hunt around to figure out what happened, and I still do not have the name of a contact person who I can connect with to discuss what will be needed to ensure my wedding day runs smoothly. At a resort of this caliber, when a main contact person departs, I would expect to receive notification of the change, and an explanation of who would be covering in the interim.

The Meritage is a beautiful and in a convenient location, but I would caution choosing this venue unless you are very detail oriented and feel comfortable identifying and questioning errors.

Sent on 12/09/2019