67 Reviews for The Matthews House

Wireless Internet (1)
Plated (1)
Stations (1)
66 The Matthews House Reviews

The Matthew's House is absolutely beautiful and makes a very charming venue. Our guests kept complimenting how cute of a place it is! You have tons of options with caterers and how you want everything to flow and be set up. Sarah was great to work with and was flexible when figuring out when we could drop off stuff and set up. Heather, the coordinator, was absolutely fabulous to work with and really went above and beyond! I would 1000% work with them again for my next event.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the perfect day for our wedding, and it was due in large part to the outstanding quality of our venue and the folks in charge of it. I highly recommend it to others.

Profile Picture Gary, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at The Matthews House and the entire wedding planning process from selecting the venue, talking to the owner Sarah, planning the details of the wedding with their wedding coordinator, Jannette, to executing all of those details day of our wedding was incredibly easy! If you are looking for a one stop shop venue, The Matthews House is the place (plus it’s unique and provides beautiful areas for pictures)! Sarah and Jannette want to make sure you are happy / respect your decisions while ensuring the important details (e.g., timing of ceremony events) are planned appropriately. We wanted to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the same venue, get married outside, be able to have guests wander inside and outside during the reception, and ensure set-up was easy with use of in-house china and catering. All of these things were possible at The Matthews House. Having Jannette as our day of coordinator was extremely helpful and allowed the bride, groom, family, and friends to enjoy the event and not have to be part of logistics on the day of the wedding. Overall, we highly recommend The Matthews House – book it! You won’t regret your decision!

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Matthews House could not have been a better value for us. The venue is absolutely beautiful and at a very reasonable price. It has a hybrid set up so it was perfect for when our wedding day turned out to be cold and rainy. They had no issue accommodating for the weather. Jannette, our onsite event coordinator, and the management are extremely friendly, responsive, and flexible. They really make the experience as valuable as possible for you.

Profile Picture John, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sarah and Vincent at the Matthews House helped make our wedding absolutely perfect. They think of everything, are so flexible and have a really calming effect on a stressed out couple. The price was perfect and the setting is beautiful. I highly recommend Matthews House for your wedding.

Profile Picture Coleen, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Mathews House created and provided extraordinary service to make my daughter's wedding a flawless one! From the planning stage, being open and receptive to special requests, throughout the set up and rehearsal, to the final moments of the evening, Jeanette exhibited the highest level of respect, humor, compassion and professionalism! It was a pleasure and privilege being guided by her experience, kind heart and gentle spirit. Thank you for a host of incredibly beautiful memories. Jane Clay

Profile Picture Jane, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Matthews House was AMAZING. The space is gorgeous and there's so much to do with it. Jannette and her team are flexible, accommodating and legitimately didn't say no to us regarding a single thing. They did all the decorating and the ceremony and reception both looked absolutely beautiful. I didn't have to make a single decision all day and Jannette kept things running smoothly and seamlessly. People have commented to me about how well everything seemed to flow and this was ALL because of Jannette. Jannette is funny and so personable. I wish I could have a wedding every year just so I can continue to work with her and use this beautiful space. The location was absolutely worth every penny of what we spent for it, including the extra hours. The Matthews House definitely should not be overlooked!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a perfectly wonderful experience with the Matthews House at our daughter's wedding this past weekend. Jannette and her staff took fantastic care of us. They accommodated all of our requests and took care of everything so that we could just relax and enjoy the day. Having recently completed some renovations, the house and garden are gorgeous and were the perfect place for our perfect day. I cannot recommend this beautiful venue highly enough.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Couldn't have asked for a more cooperative group of people to work wit

Profile Picture John/Dianne , 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! I would not suggest any other venue. They have so much to offer and so much for their guests to use. Such a beautiful venue when everything is blooming and lush! Jannette was such a wonderful addition to our team and thought of things that I could not! She did a great job organizing and planning for our day. I would choose the Matthews House over and over again.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Jannette was amazing throughout the entire experience! We were very happy to choose this location for our wedding.

Profile Picture Luis, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Matthews House. We looked at countless venues and Jannette Ferreira at the Matthews House was the most responsive, friendly, and resourceful wedding coordinator I met. She helped coordinate our whole wedding day and she did all of the setup and decorating too. She was very organized and responsive. She made sure our wedding day was perfect and flawless, she kept everything on schedule, she communicated with me very well, and she treated our family and friends with love and respect. Jannette is amazing and we truly had a perfect wedding with her coordinating everything. I highly recommend the Matthews House because it is an absolutely beautiful venue inside and out. Our bridal party had flexibility when getting ready. The backdrops for photos are gorgeous. And the management is top notch!

Profile Picture Jayme, 4/29/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

I loved having my wedding at The Matthews House. The event was fluid from the outside wedding, to the cocktail hour while guests mingled in the house and then finally to the reception in the ballroom. Jannette was amazing to work with and extremely helpful with fine tuning and making sure everything happened according to plans. I couldn't be any happier with my venue selection.

Profile Picture Susan, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jannette was awesome to work with! I had planned to do a lot of things myself - flowers, decor, makeup, even make my own personalized napkins for each of the guest (I am textile designer, so I like to take on different crafts and challenges) & while she knew this would mean I needed a lot of help setting up on the big day, she was ready to help! I was able to drop everything off a week before and when I arrived Saturday morning at the venue to start getting ready she had everything already in its place! ...then there were the flowers. I knew creating my own arrangements would come with some obstacles and that is what we got the morning of the wedding. Some flowers got too cold in the refrigerator and had frozen & died.. including a large hydrangea and multiple roses in my bouquet. No worries, Jannette to the rescue! First, I wasn't aware of the dead flowers until I caught two of my bridesmaids whispering about something and then pleaded with them to tell me. By the time I got down stairs to see the damage Jannette already had a plan to fix it. She told me to go upstairs and finish getting ready and not to worry - an hour later she brought my bouquet upstairs and not one flower looked out of place and she had moved around a few arrangements where you couldn't even tell that we were supposed to have a few more arrangements than we ended up with. I am still not sure how she fixed everything, I just know the day turned out beautifully! The venue itself has so much character and charm there isn't much decorating needed for the ceremony - the gardens are well kept and so green! and the inside of the house is newly decorated, but still has the charm of a Victorian house without looking old and out of date. I got so many compliments on the venue because it allowed for a decent amount of people, we ended up with about 120, but still feels intimate and not bare. I would recommend this to any bride that wants a unique location with a romantic feel!

Profile Picture Kara, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up

We were recently married here this past weekend in October and we really couldn't have had a better experience. From the initial planning, Jannette was able to help us coordinate and schedule every detail, with zero stress or issues. Everything was very easy from start to finish. We were pretty particular and specific with our vision, and The Matthews House offered the perfect venue, with Jannette making sure everything went smoothly. We were able to have the outdoor wedding that we wanted, and the reception venue was also at the house so there was no need for any transportation between the wedding ceremony and the reception which was great for us. We were also so pleased that the food, alcohol, and cake could all be provided on site. The food and cake were excellent and our guest raved all night about how delicious it was. If you want a beautiful venue that has everything you want, including an amazing Jannette, and more, and offers an elegant setting, then this is the perfect place for you!

Profile Picture Kate/Grayson, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Parking, Wheelchair Access

If you want a venue that is beautiful and will take excellent care of you on your very special day, pick The Matthews House! My husband, mom, and sister all helped in the search for the perfect wedding venue. When looking at other venues, we left all of them saying things we wish we could fix, but The Matthews House was the first venue we got really excited over. We were able to have the ceremony outside and the reception inside. It was great being able to get ready in the lovely, spacious upstairs bedroom and the men had their own room downstairs. I was able to use the whole house for the day and make it my own.
Jannette was so helpful and responsive during the whole planning process! I can't say enough good things about her. One awesome reason to get married at the Matthews House is because they can take care of the food, wine/beer, and cake. The food tasting exceeded our expectations and we were able to create a unique, delicious dinner that was not bland or boring at all. It was also great being able to have my cake designed and made on-site. Jannette was always responsive and helpful with my emails, phone calls, and times we met. I brought pictures and other things to set up on our wedding day and Jannette and her crew helped me set up everything. When I started trying to help, she told me it was my day and to go enjoy myself and get ready. She made sure we sat down and ate during the wedding. Jannette and her team worked with all of our other vendors to make sure everything was coordinated and it made our day go so smoothly. I don't think I could have picked a better wedding venue. It was the perfect place for my husband and I to get married.
Now that the wedding is over, when we pass by the exit, I want to stop by and visit. I definitely plan to visit on our anniversary. What a beautiful wedding venue with great staff! Thank you Jannette and everyone at The Matthews House for helping make our wedding day so memorable!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I could not have asked for a better reception! The Matthews House exceeded my expectations ! My wedding day was perfect!

Profile Picture Crystal, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Parking

Jannette and the staff at The Matthews House went above and beyond my greatest expectations. When I walked in and saw how they had everything set up, my jaw dropped. It was gorgeous! Janette helped me with all my decisions and made me feel relaxed and that she would make sure everything went well. And it did. When it rained during the ceremony, Janette immediately had it under control and we simply moved inside. No stress. Everyone raved about the food! It was just as good as the tasting we had prior to the wedding which didn't seem possible when cooking for a large crowd. The staff were so pleasant and our guests enjoyed interacting with them, although they were pretty much invisible, which was nice. Mark the bartender was awesome! So fun! If you think The Matthew's House is a little pricier than some venues, well, you get what you pay for. I highly recommend using this venue for your event. I had no idea this level of customer service still existed. #wortheverypenny #wouldntchangeathing

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Jannette Ferreira was so helpful! I would highly recommend The Matthews House for a wedding venue!

Profile Picture User5000455, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jeanette, Preeti, and their crew were delightful to work with. They were patient and flexible as they guided us through the pre-wedding process. They helped us sort through the endless possibilities out there to design a wedding that was tailored specifically to us. Preeti is a master at designing menus, and the food was outstanding.

The venue itself is beautiful. We had our ceremony in the garden, a cocktail hour in the courtyard/breezeway, and an indoor reception. The fact that the Mathews house has a contingency plan in case of bad weather put our minds at ease.

Really,we could not have asked or more. From planning to execution, the Matthews house staff was a joy to work with. They took most of the stress out of the process, allowing us to enjoy our wedding without having to sweat the details. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Ben and Courtney, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were very uptight and stressed out parents of the bride. We found out 2 months before that our daughter wanted to get married August 23rd! The Matthews House staff were truly professionals and made us feel at ease. They put on a beautiful reception. The food was delicious and everything went very smoothly. The only regret that I had was that I wish I could have relaxed and really enjoyed everything. If you decide to book the Matthews House for something special, just relax and know that they know what they are doing !

Profile Picture Beth, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Wedding planning was a dream come true ... as if it wasn't enough that the venue was beautiful and charming, so was our wedding planner. Special touches such as lunch for the girls and unique display of the guest tags in the topiary just added to the stress free and magical experience. From the first moment we met, all ideas and plans were designed to ensure the wedding was exactly what the bride and groom needed to make this wedding uniquely their own! The vendor recommendations were perfect matches for the personalities of the bride and groom, and they all worked together to form the perfect team! As mother of the bride, I could just enjoy every moment and knew my Princess was getting a most memorable start to her happily ever after!

Profile Picture Elaine, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mrs. Preeti Waas and the Mathews house were amazing!! From the start and through the whole process Mrs. Waas was very helpful and always went out of her way to make sure our desires were met. We felt like she really cared about our wedding and even helped watch some of the kids during our reception! She was professional and made excellent recommendations that we actually went with. She has many contacts and can help you find whatever you are looking for. As far as the venue, we couldn't have asked for a better location; we decided to have our ceremony outside and the reception in the ball room. The venue was beautiful and the grounds made for excellent pictures that both of our families loved! The Matthews house also catered and the food was outstanding!! The staff provided excellent service during our wedding. They also provided the cake which was beautifully done! This place offers the total package at a great price! We highly recommend and can't thank Mrs. Preeti and the Matthews house enough for making our wedding so special!!

Profile Picture Sol, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The entire staff at The Matthews House, especially the VP and the banquet manager, provided the utmost care and attention to make my daughter's wedding a blessed event. Every guest at the wedding complimented the staff, the food, the service, and how great the day was. We are extremely pleased we choose The Matthews House and would highly recommend this venue for any event.

Profile Picture User3447379, 2+ years ago, 1 Review