The Matthews House Reviews

75 Reviews for The Matthews House

• Jessica

Jessica W. · Getting married on 05/05/2022

Amazing Venue

Sarah was amazing to work with. We had to move our ceremony and reception due to Covid but still wanted to get married on our original date. Sarah allowed us to use the venue for our elopement which was extremely nice of her. She was very helpful when we moved our date as well as she sent a list of several dates the venue had opened so we could pick one. The venue itself is very beautiful.

Sent on 10/08/2020

The Matthews House's reply:

Thanks Jessica for your kind words! It was an honor to witness both of your ceremonies! I wish you both the very best!
  • Emily

Emily T. · Married on 05/07/2021

A Dream Come True

Our wedding experience was a rocky one, by once we met Sarah and booked The Matthew's House, it became much much more enjoyable. We lost our venue three months out from our date and I was scrambling to find a new place. Everywhere that I called was booked, but The Matthew's House wasn't!

Sarah expertly added us in for a 100 person wedding that would use the entire property. Then COVID hit just two weeks later and that plan ended up falling apart. She was available anytime I had any questions and was instantly able to solve any problem that arose. The venue was absolutely gorgeous for my bridal portraits and we rearranged the plans for the ceremony right afterward.

The day of the outdoor, 10-person ceremony, a massive thunderstorm opened up just minutes before the ceremony was about to begin. It sounds like something out of a soap opera. I was nervously pacing in the blue bridal room because I couldn't go downstairs to redirect the decor or anything, but the weather didn't even phase Sarah. My family was wowed by how she "worked magic" to transform the inside of the house into a stunning altar. When I walked downstairs and saw the place as I walked up the aisle, I felt so so so grateful to have her on our side.

The cost of the venue worked really well with our tight budget too, which was a massive relief. We hadn't expected to pay for a new venue with just three months to go in our budget, but it ended up being the perfect place.

The Matthew's House is a stunning venue and Sarah is the best coordinator a bride could hope to work with. Thank you to Sarah and her team, who made all our dreams come true after waiting a decade to get married!

Sent on 07/24/2020

The Matthews House's reply:

Emily, you are the sweetest! I am so happy to have been a part of your day. I wish you all of the best.

Rachael · Married on 09/18/2020

Beautiful Vendor

Sarah and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with! We changed venues at the last minute to accommodate for less people due to COVID. Sarah helped us plan the new event in a month. She was very responsive to all questions and met with us multiple times to make sure everyone was on the same page. Sarah and her team helped our wedding day go off perfectly. It was better than we could have imagined and they had a back up plan for any situation. To top it off they were very safe and had a great COVID procedure set up to keep vendors and guest safe!

Sent on 09/29/2020

The Matthews House's reply:

Rachael, thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you both and we wish you the best!!

Candace W. · Married on 05/09/2020

Love this venue

This is the least expensive venue and is local to most guests and bride/groom! Love working with Sarah!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Christy · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful all around

Sarah and her team were very responsive, accommodating and helpful. Any advice or questions were handled expertly. All vendors are optional except alcohol. The day went perfectly and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Jian · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful venue

The Matthew's House is a perfect place to host your wedding. We looked at several venues but The Matthew's House stood out among them. My guests were talking about how gorgeous the place was. I also love that there are bridal and groom suites where you can get ready and just relax before the ceremony. The ballroom is a perfect size for my 93 guests and a dance floor. The owners, Sarah and her husband, are very warm and welcoming. My coordinator, Heather, is very sweet and professional. She was very patient with me and she did an awesome job with her team in making sure my wedding goes smoothly. My husband and I are so happy we picked this place!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

Our dream come true!

This venue was an absolute dream come true! All of the wedding details, my dress included, were decided on to “fit” the venue feel. We couldn’t have asked for a more amazing staff; everyone we worked with throughout the planning process was great. Jannette, our coordinator, was the best and made the day-of stress-free! We can’t wait to go back and visit :)

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

The Matthew's House is absolutely beautiful and makes a very charming venue. Our guests kept complimenting how cute of a place it is! You have tons of options with caterers and how you want everything to flow and be set up. Sarah was great to work with and was flexible when figuring out when we could drop off stuff and set up. Heather, the coordinator, was absolutely fabulous to work with and really went above and beyond! I would 1000% work with them again for my next event.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Gary · Married on 04/28/2018

We had the perfect day for our wedding, and it was due in large part to the outstanding quality of our venue and the folks in charge of it. I highly recommend it to others.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Kristina · Married on 04/21/2018

We got married at The Matthews House and the entire wedding planning process from selecting the venue, talking to the owner Sarah, planning the details of the wedding with their wedding coordinator, Jannette, to executing all of those details day of our wedding was incredibly easy! If you are looking for a one stop shop venue, The Matthews House is the place (plus it’s unique and provides beautiful areas for pictures)! Sarah and Jannette want to make sure you are happy / respect your decisions while ensuring the important details (e.g., timing of ceremony events) are planned appropriately. We wanted to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the same venue, get married outside, be able to have guests wander inside and outside during the reception, and ensure set-up was easy with use of in-house china and catering. All of these things were possible at The Matthews House. Having Jannette as our day of coordinator was extremely helpful and allowed the bride, groom, family, and friends to enjoy the event and not have to be part of logistics on the day of the wedding. Overall, we highly recommend The Matthews House – book it! You won’t regret your decision!

Sent on 06/24/2018

John · Married on 04/07/2018

The Matthews House could not have been a better value for us. The venue is absolutely beautiful and at a very reasonable price. It has a hybrid set up so it was perfect for when our wedding day turned out to be cold and rainy. They had no issue accommodating for the weather. Jannette, our onsite event coordinator, and the management are extremely friendly, responsive, and flexible. They really make the experience as valuable as possible for you.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Coleen · Married on 02/17/2018

Sarah and Vincent at the Matthews House helped make our wedding absolutely perfect. They think of everything, are so flexible and have a really calming effect on a stressed out couple. The price was perfect and the setting is beautiful. I highly recommend Matthews House for your wedding.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Colleen · Married on 01/06/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about our whole experience with the Matthews House for my daughter's January 6th wedding. From our first visit to the house to the last pick up of wedding items, every detail completed above and beyond our expectations. Jannette and Sarah handled all of our questions/requests with quick responsiveness and great input. They made us feel like ours was the only wedding in town! The bridal portrait session, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and send off were magical. Every thing that my daughter had hoped for and envisioned for her wedding came true. Jannette was amazing as the wedding coordinator for us. She took our vision, and completely executed to every detail and even provided her own creativity and opinion based on her vast experience. . All we did was drop everything off at the house the day before! The house, grounds and ballroom are beautiful and well cared for. All recommended vendors did an amazing job. Only wish was that the weather would've have been a little warmer, but that's out of everyone's control! The Matthews house has helped to make a once in a lifetime memory that our entire family will cherish forever.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Jane · Married on 11/04/2017

The Mathews House created and provided extraordinary service to make my daughter's wedding a flawless one! From the planning stage, being open and receptive to special requests, throughout the set up and rehearsal, to the final moments of the evening, Jeanette exhibited the highest level of respect, humor, compassion and professionalism! It was a pleasure and privilege being guided by her experience, kind heart and gentle spirit. Thank you for a host of incredibly beautiful memories. Jane Clay

Sent on 11/08/2017

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

The Matthews House was AMAZING. The space is gorgeous and there's so much to do with it. Jannette and her team are flexible, accommodating and legitimately didn't say no to us regarding a single thing. They did all the decorating and the ceremony and reception both looked absolutely beautiful. I didn't have to make a single decision all day and Jannette kept things running smoothly and seamlessly. People have commented to me about how well everything seemed to flow and this was ALL because of Jannette. Jannette is funny and so personable. I wish I could have a wedding every year just so I can continue to work with her and use this beautiful space. The location was absolutely worth every penny of what we spent for it, including the extra hours. The Matthews House definitely should not be overlooked!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

We had a perfectly wonderful experience with the Matthews House at our daughter's wedding this past weekend. Jannette and her staff took fantastic care of us. They accommodated all of our requests and took care of everything so that we could just relax and enjoy the day. Having recently completed some renovations, the house and garden are gorgeous and were the perfect place for our perfect day. I cannot recommend this beautiful venue highly enough.

Sent on 09/26/2017

John/Dianne · Married on 07/01/2017

Couldn't have asked for a more cooperative group of people to work wit

Sent on 07/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! I would not suggest any other venue. They have so much to offer and so much for their guests to use. Such a beautiful venue when everything is blooming and lush! Jannette was such a wonderful addition to our team and thought of things that I could not! She did a great job organizing and planning for our day. I would choose the Matthews House over and over again.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Luis · Married on 05/06/2017

Jannette was amazing throughout the entire experience! We were very happy to choose this location for our wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Jayme · Married on 04/29/2017

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Matthews House. We looked at countless venues and Jannette Ferreira at the Matthews House was the most responsive, friendly, and resourceful wedding coordinator I met. She helped coordinate our whole wedding day and she did all of the setup and decorating too. She was very organized and responsive. She made sure our wedding day was perfect and flawless, she kept everything on schedule, she communicated with me very well, and she treated our family and friends with love and respect. Jannette is amazing and we truly had a perfect wedding with her coordinating everything. I highly recommend the Matthews House because it is an absolutely beautiful venue inside and out. Our bridal party had flexibility when getting ready. The backdrops for photos are gorgeous. And the management is top notch!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Susan · Married on 11/12/2016

I loved having my wedding at The Matthews House. The event was fluid from the outside wedding, to the cocktail hour while guests mingled in the house and then finally to the reception in the ballroom. Jannette was amazing to work with and extremely helpful with fine tuning and making sure everything happened according to plans. I couldn't be any happier with my venue selection.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Kara · Married on 10/22/2016

Jannette was awesome to work with! I had planned to do a lot of things myself - flowers, decor, makeup, even make my own personalized napkins for each of the guest (I am textile designer, so I like to take on different crafts and challenges) & while she knew this would mean I needed a lot of help setting up on the big day, she was ready to help! I was able to drop everything off a week before and when I arrived Saturday morning at the venue to start getting ready she had everything already in its place! ...then there were the flowers. I knew creating my own arrangements would come with some obstacles and that is what we got the morning of the wedding. Some flowers got too cold in the refrigerator and had frozen & died.. including a large hydrangea and multiple roses in my bouquet. No worries, Jannette to the rescue! First, I wasn't aware of the dead flowers until I caught two of my bridesmaids whispering about something and then pleaded with them to tell me. By the time I got down stairs to see the damage Jannette already had a plan to fix it. She told me to go upstairs and finish getting ready and not to worry - an hour later she brought my bouquet upstairs and not one flower looked out of place and she had moved around a few arrangements where you couldn't even tell that we were supposed to have a few more arrangements than we ended up with. I am still not sure how she fixed everything, I just know the day turned out beautifully! The venue itself has so much character and charm there isn't much decorating needed for the ceremony - the gardens are well kept and so green! and the inside of the house is newly decorated, but still has the charm of a Victorian house without looking old and out of date. I got so many compliments on the venue because it allowed for a decent amount of people, we ended up with about 120, but still feels intimate and not bare. I would recommend this to any bride that wants a unique location with a romantic feel!

Sent on 10/31/2016

The Matthews House's reply:

I really appreciate your kind words Kara, but it was my pleasure to have been a part of your special day. It's always rewarding to me that my clients are happy on their wedding day... Thank you!

Kate/Grayson · Married on 10/17/2015

We were recently married here this past weekend in October and we really couldn't have had a better experience. From the initial planning, Jannette was able to help us coordinate and schedule every detail, with zero stress or issues. Everything was very easy from start to finish. We were pretty particular and specific with our vision, and The Matthews House offered the perfect venue, with Jannette making sure everything went smoothly. We were able to have the outdoor wedding that we wanted, and the reception venue was also at the house so there was no need for any transportation between the wedding ceremony and the reception which was great for us. We were also so pleased that the food, alcohol, and cake could all be provided on site. The food and cake were excellent and our guest raved all night about how delicious it was. If you want a beautiful venue that has everything you want, including an amazing Jannette, and more, and offers an elegant setting, then this is the perfect place for you!

Sent on 10/20/2015
  • Erica15

Erica · Married on 10/11/2015

If you want a venue that is beautiful and will take excellent care of you on your very special day, pick The Matthews House! My husband, mom, and sister all helped in the search for the perfect wedding venue. When looking at other venues, we left all of them saying things we wish we could fix, but The Matthews House was the first venue we got really excited over. We were able to have the ceremony outside and the reception inside. It was great being able to get ready in the lovely, spacious upstairs bedroom and the men had their own room downstairs. I was able to use the whole house for the day and make it my own.
    Jannette was so helpful and responsive during the whole planning process! I can't say enough good things about her. One awesome reason to get married at the Matthews House is because they can take care of the food, wine/beer, and cake. The food tasting exceeded our expectations and we were able to create a unique, delicious dinner that was not bland or boring at all. It was also great being able to have my cake designed and made on-site. Jannette was always responsive and helpful with my emails, phone calls, and times we met. I brought pictures and other things to set up on our wedding day and Jannette and her crew helped me set up everything. When I started trying to help, she told me it was my day and to go enjoy myself and get ready. She made sure we sat down and ate during the wedding. Jannette and her team worked with all of our other vendors to make sure everything was coordinated and it made our day go so smoothly. I don't think I could have picked a better wedding venue. It was the perfect place for my husband and I to get married.
    Now that the wedding is over, when we pass by the exit, I want to stop by and visit. I definitely plan to visit on our anniversary. What a beautiful wedding venue with great staff! Thank you Jannette and everyone at The Matthews House for helping make our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 01/17/2016

The Matthews House's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Erica. It was our pleasure to be part of your special day and only wish the best for you and Ryan. It was a beautiful wedding and you and your family really made it special. Sincerely-Jannette and The Matthews House staff

Crystal · Married on 10/09/2015

I could not have asked for a better reception! The Matthews House exceeded my expectations ! My wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2015