The Marq Reviews

41 Reviews for The Marq

1 User photo

• User3421942 · 2+ years ago

3.5

The Marq on Lineville was such an AMAZING venue for our wedding. Everyone commented on the food and the staff. It took a bit for us to establish a relationship with our wedding planner but as we got more involved she became more warm. The staff that night were so accommodating and truly made our night special. Jim is by far the best wedding bartender, he will truly make you and your guests night! Thank you for all who were involved for providing us with such a beautiful reception hall!

Sent on 07/26/2013

3.5

Really enjoyed the venue. Roberta is very easy to work with and helps you through the process. Look for Friday deals to help you stay on budget. Very easy to plan from out of town. Back up indoor site if it rains at no additional charge. Great place to look!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Cassy · Married on 07/03/2015

The Marq had a great menu to choose from when selecting the menu for our wedding. They were very good about answering our questions and making sure that we were getting what we wanted and happy with the meal we would be serving our guests. We received a lot of compliments on the dinner!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Jenna · Married on 08/25/2018

Kinda cramped during my reception with a double booking, but overall lovely.

Sent on 09/08/2018

4.2
      3.5

They did a great job with our outdoor wedding venue dinner. It was hard to get the nutrition facts for my diabetic guests and there were supposed to be napkin holders supplied for every table by them. The workers they sent out were fabulous and helpful and overall a super job!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Jade · Married on 08/22/2014

3.5

Having our reception at Olde 41 we were contracted to automatically have The Marq. We were told they would call us about 8 months before our wedding however we had to contact them three or four times to get a response. It was basically a bunch of phone tag for a couple weeks. We got to go to a tasting which was wonderful and truly helped us choose our food selection. Closer to the wedding we had some timing changes come up, they seemed to be annoyed about that but my new husband and I just brushed it off. The food was excellent however we had asked for milk as a beverage option, and each guest had to ask for it (we assumed it would be poured/offered to each table) & we had actually over paid by a large amount which they would not refund us until after the wedding. Overall, it wasn't terrible and I would recommend them.

Sent on 09/10/2014

3.5

The venue was very beautiful, and I loved the willows!

Sent on 08/08/2013

2.0

The venue is gorgeous and extremely affordable! The food is great also! However, when trying to set up appointments, it was very difficult because they were not very flexible. Also, I felt like my wedding was not a priority. I think they need more wedding planners. But overall, very nice! I would recommend it for sure!

Sent on 06/19/2015

3.4
      3.0

All was well till after our wedding, found out chicken was under cooked and we never saw the chocolate fountain that we heard was really small! We gave the venue feedback and they didn't handle it well. We are just another wedding checked off their list. Not very pleased at well. We loved the venue but that was Vandervest Harley Davidson! I wish we could have chose our caterer!

Sent on 09/05/2015

3.5

We had our ceremony and reception at the Marq, and our wedding day was great. All of the coordination leading up to it however, was not. After we booked, the quality of service dropped way off until our wedding was close. Our coordinator was not very warm or helpful, and it took a lot to get answers to my questions or for her to confirm what I was asking. More than once she confused me with other brides. I definitely felt that I was one of many, while it might be true, its not the experience you want to have when planning your wedding. This was especially a let down because I had to rely on them for so much because our whole wedding was there. On our wedding day the place was beautiful, the food was great, and the service staff did a good job. I was happy that our guests had a good time, and only my groom and I knew what it was like to work with them leading up to it.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Beth · Married on 07/27/2013

0.0

The food and the people that worked there were great. Unfortunately they did not give us enough time to decorate. Leaving me more frazzled with less time to relax the morning of my wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2013

2.5

The food wasn't great and we had no contact person the day of the wedding

Sent on 09/13/2012

2.5

The food was great and so was the price! The professionalism however, was far less than great. They had a congratulations announcement on our dinner table at the reception and they got my husband's name wrong, our event coordinator was very difficult to get a hold of, and it seemed I needed to remind her constantly of what she needed to be doing. I really enjoyed the dinner and the staff at our reception but the event planner for the catering was very unprofessional.

Sent on 07/31/2012

2.2
      1.0
      1.5

Food was wonderful. Place is beautiful. We had an issue with the estimated quote we were given. They never quoted the alcohol in with it and the price ended up being double what we had saved for. The one women we dealt with was cold and forgetful. She was prompt in responding to emails or questions, but I wouldn't deal with her again.

Sent on 09/26/2012

2.2
      0.0

I had my ceremony and reception here. No one was available on the day of my wedding. Card box wasn't put out until 5:30 when I got there and had to hunt someone down to put it out. My wedding coordinator was almost impossible to get a hold of. Even my vendors couldnt get a hold of her. The party favors weren't put out before guests arrived because they forgot and didn't bother to call be. The place itself was beautifully decorated. Everyone said food was great even though I didn't agree. Bridal room way to small to get ready in comfort especially if you have any bridesmaids. Also lost some of my rented items and through away some boxes.

Sent on 03/18/2014

Jeremy · Married on 07/01/2016

1.8
      1.0

The manager snapped at my Grandmother before the reception because my Great Grandma (95 years old) needed a bite to eat because she couldn't wait the 3 hours for dinner. We had one wedding coordinator all the way through whom seemed knowledgable and nice (Jane) until 3 weeks before the wedding, then she had a family emergency, and thats when things went sown hill and was assigned a new wedding coordinator. Roberta was rude and pushy, she was in and out of the dressing room while the girls were getting ready, put out the wrong vases on our tables, was supposed to come to me with any issues and she didnt, couldnt find her for half of the night, and snapped at my wife because she wasn't finished eating. After she was set straight by my family member for taking my wife's plate before she was finished eating (while I was getting things ready for cake cutting) she grabbed her purse and left.

Sent on 07/11/2016