14 Reviews for The Mariners' Museum and Park

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Parking (1)
14 The Mariners' Museum and Park Reviews

Our wedding day was perfect! I had been working with The Mariners Museum (Jennifer, Bree, Kelsey) for a year during my planning process and I always got a quick response when I had a dozen questions! The ceremony was outside in the South Courtyard, which was absolutely beautiful and perfect for pictures. Our cocktail hour was along the veranda - it was cold since we had our wedding in mid-November, but it has such a nice ambiance with the string lights. Plus it was a romantic, quiet getaway from the reception! The reception was held in the Huntington and Anna Room, and we had an absolute blast and there was plenty of room for everyone to dance all night long!!

Profile Picture Brenna, 11/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Chairs, Tables

Jennifer and Cassedy were extremely helpful and accommodating. They helped keep me on track for my original vision and the South Courtyard was the perfect setting! The entire night ran smooth and I wouldn’t change a thing. Worth every penny and then some!

Photo for The Mariners' Museum and Park Review - First look by Lions Bridge.
Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The mariners museum staff were flawless on making our wedding day a spectacular day.

Profile Picture James, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the Mariner's Museum! We could not have imagined a more perfect spot for our wedding. The only complication we had was that they experienced a lot of turnover in their staff while we were planning our wedding, so in our year and a half planning process we worked with 3 different coordinators planning our event. They were all fantastic, but it was challenging to have to move between so many people and know who to contact with questions. Other than that, it was a fantastic venue and we cannot recommend it enough!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding turned out absolutely beautiful! The staff at the museum were extremely helpful in trying to make our big day perfect. I would definitely recommend this as a top place to get married, especially if you would like to do a nautical theme.

Profile Picture Asha, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was in the South Courtyard and it was beautiful! The flowers, the fountain, the lights, ceiling fans, and patio was a great setting for my daughters wedding. We worked with Krystina Serafini and no matter how many questions I had she was there to help me through each one. I probably asked more than once, but she made sure things were done and was always available and responded quickly. We loved this cozy setting in the courtyard!

Profile Picture Sherri, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
4.2

I had my wedding in the South Courtyard at the Museum. If you are looking for an intimate outdoor space where you can have the ceremony and reception in the same place this is where you have to go! There is a courtyard which is surrounded by a covered walk way with beautiful archways so the wedding can still be outside if it's raining. Since I had my reception under the covered area when it rained we did not have to move outside and it made for a beautiful reception as we ate as the rain came down.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Krystina was wonderful to work with. Very accommodating and helpful!

Profile Picture User3774437, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had went on a "random date” at the Mariners’ Museum and after much consideration, we could think of no other place to have our reception. Krystina went above and beyond to help us from the beginning phases until our big day! She was on site the day of and she was able to help out our wedding planner with any questions, concerns, etc. Mariners’ Museum, the Huntington and Anna room specifically, was transformed into a perfect place for a reception and it fit into our budget and accommodated the amount of guests we had planned to attend. We used the South Courtyard for a huge group picture.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mariners Museum was a fantastic venue to have our wedding and ceremony with. Krystina was one of my favorite people of all time to work with. She is polite, calm and professional and responded to all of my email requests promptly. She had great suggestions and even reminded me to book a rehearsal time! Little things like this put her service over the top. Honestly, her service alone was enough to make me recommend the Mariners' Museum but, as a bonus, the museum is gorgeous. We opted to have the ceremony in the courtyard with the cocktail hour in the hall of steam and the reception in the main lobby. Everyone loved our pirate ship dance floor and was impressed by the museum. Excellent venue at a great price!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be happier!! The Mariners Museum was beautiful, and the area had such a special meaning to my husband and I. The staff was absolutely fabulous! They accommodated last minute changes, and found ways to meet all of our needs. Our guests are still raving at the beauty! Plus the pirate ship was a major bonus for the kids in attendance!

Profile Picture Karla, 6/28/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had a gorgeous wedding thanks to the museum! Everyone loved the uniqueness we had. The courtyard was beautiful and it was very convenient to have the reception in the room right next to it. The staff was very helpful all through my process and very quick to answer any questions I had. My night was amazing!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/7/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held my daughter's wedding reception in the lobby of the Mariners' Museum, and we could not have been more pleased. It was a beautiful setting, and it easily accommodated our 200+ guests. All of my dealings with the Mariners' Museum staff were exceptional, and they were very patient with our multiple trips to the venue to finalize our plans. Our wedding reception guests frequently commented on the beautiful and unique setting. I would highly recommend using the Mariners' Museum for a wedding reception or other event.

Profile Picture Megan, 11/2/13, 6 Reviews
1.0

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Mariners Museum in the South Courtyard and Huntington Room. The museum was a unique choice and the guests loved the ability to tour the museum. However, the museum is lacking in customer service when it comes to event rentals and they make it very difficult to work with them. If you are proactive and very organized then you can have a great wedding here, but don't expect much from the museum itself in helping to make it a pleasant easy experience. On the day of my wedding, the museum-provided chairs and tables were not set up according to the layout and in fact unused extra chairs were stacked in the middle of the courtyard where the ceremony was to take place. The courtyard was littered from the previous night's event, and it was left overgrown and untended. The museum coordinator never showed up that day, but fortunately I had an OUTSTANDING caterer as well as family friends to make up for the museum's failures. The museum is definitely a fun unique venue to have your wedding, but I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends because of what I experienced with them.

Profile Picture User2824394, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews