43 Reviews for The Mansion on Turner Hill

Champagne Toast (1)
Open Bar (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
43 The Mansion on Turner Hill Reviews

The most amazing venue!! We were obsessed the second we walked in and even more so after meeting the amazing staff. Carol is incredible and makes the entire experience so easy and effortless. I couldn’t be happier with every aspect of our wedding, couldn’t have done it without carols help and an the amazing turner hill space!

Profile Picture Juliet , 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a spectacular, romantic wedding, PLEASE book Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers. We visited Turner Hill just a couple weeks after getting engaged and it was truly the BEST decision we made. The venue is beautiful! Carol Travers is truly a wonderful and experienced coordinator and Kristin Smith is great dining manager. Vinwood Caterers has a gift for just great quality and delicious food. The venue was so different than what we have experienced at other weddings. Our guests and family had the ability to walk throughout the mansion to take in the true beauty of Turner Hill every moment of the wedding night. The tent was a wonderful space with a great view of the gardens and lake. Our guests remained excited and entertained from cocktail hour through the last song of the night. The Turner Hill and Vinwood Staff were professional, timely, very kind to our guests, helpful, and worked diligently all night to make sure we (bride and groom) and our parents were taken care of. We were able to enjoy the entire night because the staff was so attentive and managed absolutely everything for us. We have received multiple phone calls weeks later about how beautiful and smooth our wedding was and how amazing the staff was. We are so humbled to have been able to host our wedding event with Turner Hill and Vinwood. We are beyond grateful to Carol for her professionalism, kindness, timeliness, and expertise from beginning to end. We are also grateful to Kristin Smith for going above and beyond to take of care of us throughout the night with her kindness, promptness, and caring manner. They truly contributed to our wedding being the most perfect night of our lives. We highly recommend Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers a millions time over!

Nathalie & Jesse 05/26/18 Wedding

Profile Picture Nathalie, 5/26/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The five-star rating is richly deserved. Carol is a pro who helps tend to every detail - she has been doing this for a long time and she just knows to to get it right and take all the stress off the bride. We took advantage of the "off-season" rate for Turner Hill and that helped us save several thousand dollars. It was an incredible value and everything looked amazing. Cannot recommend them this venue more highly.

Profile Picture Paula , 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our magical wedding a month ago & couldn’t be more ecstatic with our decision! Turner Hill captured our hearts! The breathtaking architecture & gorgeous gardens was the perfect setting for our classic elegant wedding. The ability to use the entire first floor was wonderful & special! Everything turned out just perfectly thanks to Carol Travers & Kristin Smith. We planned on an outdoor ceremony however; there were rain showers. The rain plan is just as exceptional as the gardens! We are over the moon with our inside ceremony; beautiful, intimate & sweet! Carol & Kristin saved rose petals for our inside aisle décor! They thought of everything that would make our wedding run smoothly & carried themselves with upmost professionalism & grace. Both Carol & Kristin genuinely cared about us having the ‘Best Day Ever’!
Carol met all our needs beyond our expectations! I planned long distance & she made it easy to coordinate visits, tastings, & the rehearsal. Carol made it seamless. She went beyond the call of duty helping us plan an exceptional wedding, met special requests, & took care of everyone with 5 star service. Hurricane Irma impacted some of our FL guests; Carol once again stepped up to the plate with understanding & was accommodating. Carol handled all of our last minute details expertly with composure keeping us stress-free. I wasn’t worried about a thing on my wedding day!
Vinwood food & service are top-notch! The bar was expertly stocked & bartenders amazing! Our guests raved about how delicious the food was! They catered to our food allergy requirements wonderfully & Kristin ensured that we were able to eat! Kristin helped guide us through the night to ensure we enjoyed our guests & still ate our dinner! Additionally, she had cake packed up for us to enjoy at the end of the night! Guests are still complimenting on how exquisite our wedding was & one of the best they’ve been to!
We highly recommend the Mansion on Turner Hill!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Bridal Suite

Breathtakingly beautiful, old world charm and impeccably maintained, The Mansion on Turner Hill in Ipswich, MA was host venue to our daughter's wedding on Saturday, July 29th 2017. I'm not sure where to begin. Our heads are still in the clouds after this magical evening. Vinwood Catering serves as Turner Hill's caterer. From the day we booked through the menu selection and tasting to the night of, Carol Travers of Turner Hill and Kristin Smith of Vinwood saw to every detail and met all our needs with grace, confidence and calm. There wasn't a hiccup. Really, I mean it, not one. Our guests are still talking about it. I'm still not convinced that Carol didn't have something to do with the appearance of the sun just as our outdoor ceremony began in the Turner Hill garden.
Carol and Kristin made the whole event seem easy. We were all relaxed as soon as we arrived for first look and formal photos as they guided us through the afternoon and evening with attention to detail, professionalism and a sense of well being that just transfered onto the nervous bride. She knew all was well and that she was in great hands.
I haven't even mentioned the food! Guests were greeted after the ceremony with an abundance of appetizers throughout cocktail hour that folks are still raving about and the meal was fabulous. Meals came out practically all at the same time, so we all got to eat together. Individual needs were catered to and no one wanted for anything throughout the evening.
After the last guest had left, staff helped organize our belongings and made sure that no one left anything behind.
A truly flawless event from beginning to end.

Profile Picture Gina , 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Turner Hill Mansion a few weeks ago, and it was the absolute best choice of venue. It was the first thing we booked, and the second we got there, we knew it was the right place. We loved so much about the location, but a big part of it was the fact that we loved the rain plan. We had the option to get married outdoors or inside the beautiful mansion, so we never stressed about the weather leading up to our day. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful Turner Hill was, and how well we used the space. One of the great things about this place is that you can customize your wedding and use the entire space however you want. We got married outside, had cocktail hour out on the patio/lawn, dinner in the tent, and dancing/dessert inside the mansion. It really gave people a chance to move around and see the beautiful space. Additionally, Carol Travers, our coordinator at Turner Hill, was incredible. About a month before our wedding, the person who had been our coordinator accepted a new job and left. This could have been a really stressful situation, seeing as we had finalized all the details and had all meetings with her up until this point. However, when Carol stepped in, it was clear we had nothing to worry about. She has been doing this job for years, and immediately makes you feel relaxed and like you're in great hands. She set up a meeting when she took over our wedding to make sure she knew exactly what we wanted and got to meet us face-to-face, and she was with us every step of the way on our day (and at our rehearsal) to make sure we knew where to be, what was happening, and that we were happy with how things were going. I wish we could get married again so we could be back at Turner Hill!

Profile Picture Emma, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I absolutely loved Turner Hill as our venue. Carol, the Mansion Event Manager was absolutely lovely from the first time I contacted her (15 months before our wedding day) to the end of our wedding day.) It was a dream come true wedding and we couldn't have done it without Carol and Turner Hill's Winter Wonderland Package. The venue itself is breathtaking, the grounds are spectacular, and the caterer they use (Vinwood) was exceptional. All of our guests raved about the food and the architecture? of the Mansion. It was also wonderful to have our ceremony and reception all in one location. Carol recommended Reverand Sue for our ceremony and she helped my husband and I create a ceremony that was personal to us as a couple. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and exceeded our wildest dreams.

Profile Picture Patricia, 4/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the best wedding at Turner Hill!! Carol was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything ran smooth for us. Would definitely recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Paula, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I like to tell people that I knew my wedding venue before I knew my groom. That is because I knew the moment I laid eyes on The Mansion on Turner Hill 6 years ago that I would someday host my wedding there. Carol Travers and the staff at Turner Hill literally made my dreams come true.

First of all, Vinwood caterers are incredible. They use the freshest ingredients and are so accommodating of allergies and special diets, you would think they knew each guest personally. Turner Hill partners exclusively with Vinwood and after sampling a meal with them, it is evident why. Their service and their food are unbeatable.

Carol Travers is this venue's built in wedding planner. She is an absolute angel. Carol has been doing weddings at Turner Hill for years and she has gotten it down to a science. She's quick to respond to emails, she is eager to fulfill any and all requests and she is prepared to do what is necessary to make your big day run as smoothly as possible. It rained on our wedding day, and Carol and the staff at Turner Hill were able to coordinate an indoor ceremony for 200+ guests in the main ballroom, and then in a matter of hours prepare the same room for dessert and dancing. She is amazing.

As I mentioned before, it rained on our wedding day. For most brides, this would be an absolute nightmare. Thankfully this was not the case for me. Turner Hill is so elegant and beautiful on its own that the news that we would need indoor photos and ceremony were not a disappointment. I was most nervous about the weather at dinnertime as we planned to eat outside in the tent. It poured. The tent was so sturdy and insulated, that if it weren't for the claps of thunder and flashes of lightning, you would have never known that it was anything but a clear night.

I could ramble on for days about every flawless detail of our wedding day, but I will leave you with this; If you choose Turner Hill for your venue, you will not be let down. They are worth every red cent.

Profile Picture sarah, 7/9/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Turner Hill is a beautiful and unique reception site. We fell in love with it the second we walked in and were not disappointed. Carol and the staff were helpful and made sure everything went smoothly. Living in Vermont we were not able to meet as easily, but Carol was flexible and accommodating. During the reception, all the staff members were amazing! I never felt stressed because they were so on top of everything.

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Turner Hill with Mrs. Travers at the helm is exceptional. From soup to nuts, Mrs. Travers was attentive, adaptive, and responsive. On the day of our rehearsal dinner, everything went off flawlessly. The food was delectable and the staff was very professional. Our 30+ guests are still raving about how this was a meal to remember!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Annie, 4/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot thank Carol enough for all her help in creating our dream wedding day at Turner Hill. From the first time I met her I knew we were in good hands. She goes far above and beyond the role of on-site coordinator.

We got married at a grand estate on a fairly tight budget and Carol worked with us every step of the way. She guided us on how to maximize our menu and minimize cost, and answered all of our questions promptly. We took her recommendation on our hotel, officiant, and baker and I could not be more pleased will the outcome of our wedding. We have received so many compliments about the beauty of Turner Hill and outstanding meal provided by Vinwood.

Profile Picture Rebecca , 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Buffet, Stations, Parking

Amazing venue and experience. The venue left my guests in awe and I'm still thinking about my magically day. Cheesy I know but I felt like a princess even though it only lasted 5 hours.

Profile Picture michelle, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with the Mansion on Turner Hill the second I saw it a couple of years before I was even engaged. When I got engaged I knew i wanted my wedding their. Turner Hill is picture perfect. We loved every second of our wedding and it is because of Turner Hill. Carol the wedding coordinator from Turner Hill was so very helpful. She did not miss one thing on our wedding day. She made the day perfect. The mansion speaks for itself because it is so beautiful. Driving up to the mansion it almost takes your breathe away. We did not use the tent we did everything inside. We got married inside the grand ballroom and had cocktail hr in the hallway and library. Our dinner was split between 2 rooms but it worked out perfect. Everyone in the other room didn't miss anything happening in the big room thanks to the staff. Vinwood was also amazing and the food was great. People are still talking about the wedding and the food.

Profile Picture Tara, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Planning

Where do I begin? Turner Hill exceeded every expectation I had not only on my wedding day but in planning the day itself. Carol, the event coordinator, was incredible to work with. She was quick to respond, professional, and truly a resource for vendor suggestions and recommendations.
The venue itself is breathtaking - the outdoor space is something straight out of a fairy tale. Thankfully, the weather cooperated, and we were able to have our ceremony outside. The ceremony space indoors is gorgeous though, and would have made a perfect alternative.
Our wedding was at the end of September, so we were still able to use the tent for dinner. Do NOT write off the venue because of the word 'tent'! Go see it for yourself and be sure to look at the photo books Carol has so you can get a better understanding of the space. The 'tent' has a beautiful wood floor and is surprisingly elegant.
Then the dinner itself is AMAZING! Vinwood is the caterer for the venue and they do not disappoint. Everyone has said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Having no choice in caterer is actually a blessing in disguise when the option available to you is as amazing as they are.
Vinwood staff was incredible, as well. Kristen really went above and beyond to help coordinate timing of the event and was a godsend at the end of the night - she had everything packed for us so it just has to be moved out! An amazingly huge detail that is never discussed and often forgotten - your things have to leave the venue somehow and having it all in one place and packed up was so so helpful.
All in all, our wedding day was perfectly executed and the staff and ambience at Turner Hill is the major component in its success. Thank you!!

Profile Picture User5226250, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mansion on Turner Hill was the PERFECT place to have our wedding. It was so elegant and people kept asking us how we found it!
We got married in August – so our dinner portion of the evening was in the tent that is connected to the mansion and dancing was in the ballroom. Our guests loved how there were two areas of our wedding and we were not in one place all night—not to mention, your guests have access to the whole first floor of the mansion!
Carol, the wedding coordinator at the mansion was truly amazing to work with. She was so professional and came up with some great suggestions for us as we continued down the wedding planning process path. She was open to our “new” ideas and easily accommodated for what we wanted. I can’t thank Carol enough for all of her work on our wedding.
Vinwood catering was also OUTSTANDING. Vinwood is the caterer for the mansion and they were on top of everything the night of our wedding and kept my husband and I in the loop on what time it was what still had to be done, etc. It was so helpful to have Kristin there helping us along the way that night, she did an amazing job.
I would HIGHLY recommend the Mansion on Turner Hill for a classic, elegant wedding that offers so many different landscapes for photos and an enjoyable atmosphere for guests—it was truly magical and I can’t wait to go back and visit for our anniversaries. Thank you Carol!!!

Profile Picture User4844725, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly cannot think of a better place to have a wedding! My day was absolutely perfect, the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, the food, the drinks...EVERYTHING!!! Everyone at turner hill and who they conduct business with (vinwood) were top notch. The venue is so beautiful on its own that decorations are not even needed. My guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. I cannot thank everyone at turner hill and vinwood enough, you made my wedding a huge success!!!

Profile Picture Hali, 7/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had the most beautiful June wedding at Turner Hill! Best experience with Carol, she was fantastic! The whole experience was stress-free, Carol had everything covered and anything I requested she made happen! The grounds, mansion, and tent were all stunning and I received so many compliments from my guests! It was a truly magical day! Would totally use them again if I needed to :)

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so pleased that the Mansion on Turner Hill extended their winter rates all the way through the end of May this year, so that we could indulge in this exquisite venue. Not only are the grounds and architecture like something out of a fairy tale, but the venue provides you with a list of vendors that are most skilled at their crafts. This allowed the process to go very smoothly for us (especially considering that we had only 6 months to plan the wedding!) Carol, the coordinator, was there to answer any and all questions that we had. She was impeccably competent and a joy to work with. I can honestly say that the day of our wedding was seamless.

Profile Picture Karen, 5/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on Turner Hill that it was the place I was going to be married. Carol was very warm and accommodating to all of our needs throughout our entire wedding process. She accommodated an additional tour for my mother in law who was unable to make it to our first meeting, allowed us to book two years early at an off season discounted rate, made sure my husband and I were set up with a catering tasting, she accommodated an open bar request we added on last minute, and she even took the time to answer my questions when she was on vacation ! Day of, everything ran perfectly. She had two separate ceremony spaces set up because it was a bit cloudy outside, and rain was a possibility. I am so lucky to have found Turner Hill, and would recommended this hidden gem to anyone looking to have an upscale wedding.

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/25/15, 15 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mansion stole our hearts from the moment we walked in. Elegance, class, stunning atmosphere and absolutely breathtaking for both our ceremony, and our reception. Our wedding coordinator, Carol, was amazing! Extremely responsive, sweet, patient and kind, helpful in every way possible, Carol made all our wishes come true. I would highly recommend using this venue for your wedding.

Profile Picture Maria, 12/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our ceremony & reception at Turner Hill was like a fairytale! If you are looking for a breathtaking venue for your special day - look no further ! The difference with this venue compared to others in the area is you have the whole estate to yourself for the whole night . Other venues you can only use either outdoors or indoors, or there is another wedding taking place at the same time. This place has the "Wow factor " from the second you pull in and see it from a distance. The staff is magnificent, prompt and puts you at ease, the catering company they use ( Vinwood) is just as amazing, and you can't go wrong with the estate. If it's in your budget, this is the place !

Profile Picture Devin, 8/23/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow! I wish to extend my sincere praise and appreciation to the folks at Turner Hill. The memories of my son’s wedding will be cherished by our family and friends. The event exceeded my expectation of a beautiful ceremony and reception. In all phases of planning and execution we received exemplary personal and professional services. Congratulations to Carol and her staff. Thank you for your care and guidance. We trusted Turner Hill with one of the most important events in the lives of my family and they excelled.

Profile Picture User4449500, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the Mansion and Turner Hill and it was nothing short of perfect. Turner Hill is an absolute must for anyone looking to have an elegant, classic and memorable venue. The Mansion itself is straight out of the Great Gatsby and needs absolutely no decorations or additional decor as everything is grand, tasteful and architecturally stunning. And when you book the venue, you have the use of the entire mansion, not just one boxy room. The grounds are on a golf course and the outdoor prayer garden will give you a serene garden setting for your ceremony. My guests were absolutely stunned by the beauty and grandeur of our venue and several remarked it was the best wedding venue that had ever been to.
Carol, the coordinator at Turner Hill, is the utmost professional and had every detail planned and organized. She is so calm and reassuring, a couple need not worry about any part of the wedding. She is very protective of the Mansion but never hesitates to offer suggestions on making the most of your event. A couple is in very competent and capable hands with Carol.
I could never properly put into words how grateful I am to Carol and the whole staff at Turner Hill, including Vinwood Catering (also a five-star vendor), for making my wedding the best and most wonderful day of my life. My wedding was perfect, thanks to them.

Profile Picture Heather , 7/3/14, 7 Reviews