The Mansion on Turner Hill Reviews

The Mansion on Turner Hill 4
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 09/21/2019

Turner Hill is magical

I recently got married at Turner Hill and it was a dream. Shopping around for venues I was looking at hotels, or banquet-style venues in Boston, and they all felt a little sterile. When we decided to look a little closer to home, we found Turner Hill and immediately knew that the mansion was the perfect place. Our guests LOVED it here and haven't stopped talking about it - especially the flow of the night since we had the ceremony in the garden, cocktails behind the mansion, dinner in the tent, and the party inside the mansion. You were never in one place for too long. Carol is very professional and clearly has a ton of experience hosting weddings here. I knew we were in good hands with her and never worried about anything all night.

Sent on 10/10/2019
    The Mansion on Turner Hill 5

Laura Graham · Married on 09/20/2019

Best place for a wedding by far!

Words cannot describe the awesomeness of having a wedding here! I felt like i was at Downton Abbey! Staff was extremely responsive, professional and classy.

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 05/11/2019

The most magical venue!

This was the first venue we visited in our hunt and we fell in love with it instantly. We visited a few other venues in the north shore before we made our final decision, but nothing compared to the beauty of Turner Hill Mansion and its grounds. It truly is a magical space, full of history and character. Not to mention, the staff that comes with the mansion is top of the line. Carol, the event coordinator, is unbelievable! She is an expert and she made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of our wedding. We had a few meetings with her leading up to the wedding and she always had tons of great advice to share. We ended up going with a lot of her vendor recommendations (Lilac & Lily - florist, and Czone - DJ) and we were thrilled with the way everything turned out. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Turner Hill Mansion... it's the best venue all around and we had the most epic wedding ever!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Meaghan

Meaghan Flaherty Lawton · Married on 03/16/2019

Winter Wedding at Turner Hill

This past March, my husband I celebrated our wedding reception at the elegant and stately Turner Hill.

I cannot recommend the Mansion and Carol, the coordinator enough.

As part of your rental, you are able to access the entire first floor including a library, bridal suite, dining room, and more. If renting in the spring or summer you are also able to use an outdoor tented area.

Carol was incredibly helpful and detailed throughout the entire process and met with us twice before we made our decision since my now husband was out of the country during my first visit. Guests are still talking about the wedding, the flow, of the evening, and the incredible venue. They even light a fire in the library where the bar is!

If we could do it all again at the Mansion and with Carol, we would! Thank you, Carol, for making our special day so perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Jessica Cicconi · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Experience

Working with Carol Travers and Turner Hill made for smooth and efficient wedding planning. Gorgeous venue. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Christmas · Married on 10/06/2018

Turner Hill: our dream venue

My husband and I first met with Carol at Turner Hill about a year and a half before our wedding date this past October. We knew from the instant we arrived onsite that this was our venue. The dreamy outdoor ceremony location, the outdoor / indoor cocktail hour space, and the year-round tent with a built-in dance floor were the perfect locations for each event on our wedding day's docket. What really drew us in was the magic, history and beauty of Turner Hill. The dark wood, the old library, massive fireplaces - one of which had a roaring fire on our wedding night - the bridal and groom suites, and the ornate décor enamored us instantly. We knew we wanted a regal, elegant wedding and that's exactly what Turner provided. Our guests are still talking about how it felt like we had all been transported to Europe for the day. Carol's attention to detail, planning and organization, and extensive knowledge and experience had a direct impact on the magic of our day. Carol directed guests throughout the mansion and grounds seamlessly. The day flowed with perfection. Everything was made easy for my husband and I, who felt like we could just float through the best day of our lives without a care in the world, focusing on each other and 175 family and friends. We can't recommend Turner Hill and Carol enough.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Cassie · Married on 09/15/2018

Could not have selected a better venue for our wedding. Unique and beautiful beyond words. We had a decent sized wedding (230) and were able to spread out a bit during cocktail hour and the reception with all the rooms and outside terrace. Vinwood, the exclusive caterer, is top notch. Carol, the wedding coordinator, is fantastic. Highly recommend! Worth every penny.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kayla · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding at The Mansion on Turner Hill was MAGICAL! This venue is really something special. For 5.5 hours, we used so many different spaces of this venue (the garden, patio, tent, and ballroom) and they are all equally so beautiful. Many guests commented on how our wedding felt like it was out of a fairy tale. Carol did an amazing job ensuring that everything went as planned and gave us advice and direction along the way. We felt confident that everything was going to run smoothly with Carol at wheel and it made our day so much more enjoyable. This was the best venue AND the best value.

Sent on 09/12/2018

jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I just got married at Mansion on Turner Hill. Our wedding was beautiful. Our guests loved exploring the mansion and the tent setting was large enough to accommodate our 150 guests. Carol does an excellent job communicating throughout the entire process. I would recommend Turner Hill to anyone. Whether inside the mansion or outside in the garden, the venue provides a perfect background for any couple.

Sent on 08/30/2018
    The Mansion on Turner Hill 6
    The Mansion on Turner Hill 7
    The Mansion on Turner Hill 8

Maggie · Married on 07/28/2018

Turner Hill is the most amazing location for a wedding! I absolutely loved every minute of my wedding day and I know that the location and the people that work at Turner Hill were what made my day such a huge success. When you book a wedding at Turner Hill you get the entire half of the old estate which means there are many areas for your guests to roam and explore which I know our guests enjoyed. Our ceremony was in the gardens at Turner Hill and it was gorgeous. We had our reception in the tent which was transformed and absolutely perfect! Carol Travers, the Director of Mansion Club Sales and Events, ran the day so smoothly making sure that everything was on time and according to plan. She also helped immensely with the planning process. I had no worries on the day of my wedding because I knew Carol had everything under control. She helped coordinate with vendors and made sure that nothing slipped through the cracks. I cannot say enough about how helpful and amazing it was to work with her and to have our wedding at Turner Hill!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

We had our wedding in July at this venue and we can't say enough great things about it! The staff was excellent. Kristin, the catering manager, was so attentive and kept us on schedule throughout the night which was really helpful. Carol, the day-of coordinator, made sure that we didn't have to do anything that day. The whole day was seamless and our guests had an amazing time. The venue itself is beautiful and our guests were raving about the space and the food. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Ross · Married on 07/14/2018

From the moment we saw the Mansion on Turner Hill, we knew that it was where we were going to get married. We were so lucky that everything else lived up to those expectations.

We worked with Carol in the months leading up to the wedding and she was super helpful in setting expectations with us when we were several months out and then leading us through the decision making process when we got closer to the wedding. She was always responsive when we had questions and gave advice when we were trying to decide the timeline and overall flow of the day.

The day of was perfect and the entire Turner Hill and Vinwood Staff were a huge part of that. Kristin helped us through everything from the moment we stepped foot through the doors and made sure we didn't miss anything. We enjoyed everything we chose to have as a part of our wedding and Turner Hill made sure we got to take in all of those experiences.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Catherine · Married on 07/07/2018

We got married at Turner Hill on 7/7 and everything was absolutely perfect. The coordinator at the venue, Carol, was very responsive from the first time I reached out asking for more information, all the way through the day itself. She was quick to answer any questions over email, offered her suggestions when asked based on previous experience, and was so organized with the day-of schedule. I felt so at ease the days before my wedding because it truly felt like we had thought of everything.

The venue itself is just gorgeous - we had both our ceremony and reception at Turner Hill. The bride and groom's rooms are large, air-conditioned, and comfortable. I especially enjoyed that from the bride's room you could see the guests arriving - it was fun to see all of our friends and family gathering. The ceremony area is stunning and our guests enjoyed seeing the Mansion during the reception.

I could not recommend Turner Hill more - would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 07/27/2018
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 06/30/2018

Dream Wedding

My husband and I got married at Turner Hill and I am SO happy that we did! The on-site coordinator, Carol Travers, helped us plan and execute our perfect wedding. Carol is experienced and honest and gave us the feedback we desperately needed on what would work best for each aspect of our wedding. She was always available to answer a question or give a professional opinion and her ability to execute our dream wedding without us having a concise idea of what that was was incredible. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and our guests were equally in awe of the mansion, the grounds and the decor. I could not recommend Turner Hill and Carol Travers enough to help you plan and execute your dream wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Emily · Married on 06/23/2018

We just had our wedding at Turner Hill in June. The place is amazing. I loved how we were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing all in different rooms. Everyone was complimenting how beautiful the venue was. Throughout our planning, we worked with Carol and she was amazing to work with! She was always quick to respond and extremely helpful. She was also there the night of the wedding and helped made sure everything went smoothly and guided us through the night. I would highly recommend Turner Hill and working with Carol!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Juliet · Married on 06/16/2018

The most amazing venue!! We were obsessed the second we walked in and even more so after meeting the amazing staff. Carol is incredible and makes the entire experience so easy and effortless. I couldn’t be happier with every aspect of our wedding, couldn’t have done it without carols help and an the amazing turner hill space!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Nathalie · Married on 05/26/2018

If you want a spectacular, romantic wedding, PLEASE book Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers. We visited Turner Hill just a couple weeks after getting engaged and it was truly the BEST decision we made. The venue is beautiful! Carol Travers is truly a wonderful and experienced coordinator and Kristin Smith is great dining manager. Vinwood Caterers has a gift for just great quality and delicious food. The venue was so different than what we have experienced at other weddings. Our guests and family had the ability to walk throughout the mansion to take in the true beauty of Turner Hill every moment of the wedding night. The tent was a wonderful space with a great view of the gardens and lake. Our guests remained excited and entertained from cocktail hour through the last song of the night. The Turner Hill and Vinwood Staff were professional, timely, very kind to our guests, helpful, and worked diligently all night to make sure we (bride and groom) and our parents were taken care of. We were able to enjoy the entire night because the staff was so attentive and managed absolutely everything for us. We have received multiple phone calls weeks later about how beautiful and smooth our wedding was and how amazing the staff was. We are so humbled to have been able to host our wedding event with Turner Hill and Vinwood. We are beyond grateful to Carol for her professionalism, kindness, timeliness, and expertise from beginning to end. We are also grateful to Kristin Smith for going above and beyond to take of care of us throughout the night with her kindness, promptness, and caring manner. They truly contributed to our wedding being the most perfect night of our lives. We highly recommend Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers a millions time over!

Nathalie & Jesse 05/26/18 Wedding

Sent on 06/20/2018

Paula · Married on 04/21/2018

The five-star rating is richly deserved. Carol is a pro who helps tend to every detail - she has been doing this for a long time and she just knows to to get it right and take all the stress off the bride. We took advantage of the "off-season" rate for Turner Hill and that helped us save several thousand dollars. It was an incredible value and everything looked amazing. Cannot recommend them this venue more highly.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2017

We had our magical wedding a month ago & couldn’t be more ecstatic with our decision! Turner Hill captured our hearts! The breathtaking architecture & gorgeous gardens was the perfect setting for our classic elegant wedding. The ability to use the entire first floor was wonderful & special! Everything turned out just perfectly thanks to Carol Travers & Kristin Smith. We planned on an outdoor ceremony however; there were rain showers. The rain plan is just as exceptional as the gardens! We are over the moon with our inside ceremony; beautiful, intimate & sweet! Carol & Kristin saved rose petals for our inside aisle décor! They thought of everything that would make our wedding run smoothly & carried themselves with upmost professionalism & grace. Both Carol & Kristin genuinely cared about us having the ‘Best Day Ever’!
    Carol met all our needs beyond our expectations! I planned long distance & she made it easy to coordinate visits, tastings, & the rehearsal. Carol made it seamless. She went beyond the call of duty helping us plan an exceptional wedding, met special requests, & took care of everyone with 5 star service. Hurricane Irma impacted some of our FL guests; Carol once again stepped up to the plate with understanding & was accommodating. Carol handled all of our last minute details expertly with composure keeping us stress-free. I wasn’t worried about a thing on my wedding day!
    Vinwood food & service are top-notch! The bar was expertly stocked & bartenders amazing! Our guests raved about how delicious the food was! They catered to our food allergy requirements wonderfully & Kristin ensured that we were able to eat! Kristin helped guide us through the night to ensure we enjoyed our guests & still ate our dinner! Additionally, she had cake packed up for us to enjoy at the end of the night! Guests are still complimenting on how exquisite our wedding was & one of the best they’ve been to!
    We highly recommend the Mansion on Turner Hill!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Gina · Married on 07/29/2017

Breathtakingly beautiful, old world charm and impeccably maintained, The Mansion on Turner Hill in Ipswich, MA was host venue to our daughter's wedding on Saturday, July 29th 2017. I'm not sure where to begin. Our heads are still in the clouds after this magical evening. Vinwood Catering serves as Turner Hill's caterer. From the day we booked through the menu selection and tasting to the night of, Carol Travers of Turner Hill and Kristin Smith of Vinwood saw to every detail and met all our needs with grace, confidence and calm. There wasn't a hiccup. Really, I mean it, not one. Our guests are still talking about it. I'm still not convinced that Carol didn't have something to do with the appearance of the sun just as our outdoor ceremony began in the Turner Hill garden.
    Carol and Kristin made the whole event seem easy. We were all relaxed as soon as we arrived for first look and formal photos as they guided us through the afternoon and evening with attention to detail, professionalism and a sense of well being that just transfered onto the nervous bride. She knew all was well and that she was in great hands.
    I haven't even mentioned the food! Guests were greeted after the ceremony with an abundance of appetizers throughout cocktail hour that folks are still raving about and the meal was fabulous. Meals came out practically all at the same time, so we all got to eat together. Individual needs were catered to and no one wanted for anything throughout the evening.
    After the last guest had left, staff helped organize our belongings and made sure that no one left anything behind.
    A truly flawless event from beginning to end.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Emma · Married on 07/15/2017

We got married at Turner Hill Mansion a few weeks ago, and it was the absolute best choice of venue. It was the first thing we booked, and the second we got there, we knew it was the right place. We loved so much about the location, but a big part of it was the fact that we loved the rain plan. We had the option to get married outdoors or inside the beautiful mansion, so we never stressed about the weather leading up to our day. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful Turner Hill was, and how well we used the space. One of the great things about this place is that you can customize your wedding and use the entire space however you want. We got married outside, had cocktail hour out on the patio/lawn, dinner in the tent, and dancing/dessert inside the mansion. It really gave people a chance to move around and see the beautiful space. Additionally, Carol Travers, our coordinator at Turner Hill, was incredible. About a month before our wedding, the person who had been our coordinator accepted a new job and left. This could have been a really stressful situation, seeing as we had finalized all the details and had all meetings with her up until this point. However, when Carol stepped in, it was clear we had nothing to worry about. She has been doing this job for years, and immediately makes you feel relaxed and like you're in great hands. She set up a meeting when she took over our wedding to make sure she knew exactly what we wanted and got to meet us face-to-face, and she was with us every step of the way on our day (and at our rehearsal) to make sure we knew where to be, what was happening, and that we were happy with how things were going. I wish we could get married again so we could be back at Turner Hill!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Patricia · Married on 04/30/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved Turner Hill as our venue. Carol, the Mansion Event Manager was absolutely lovely from the first time I contacted her (15 months before our wedding day) to the end of our wedding day.) It was a dream come true wedding and we couldn't have done it without Carol and Turner Hill's Winter Wonderland Package. The venue itself is breathtaking, the grounds are spectacular, and the caterer they use (Vinwood) was exceptional. All of our guests raved about the food and the architecture? of the Mansion. It was also wonderful to have our ceremony and reception all in one location. Carol recommended Reverand Sue for our ceremony and she helped my husband and I create a ceremony that was personal to us as a couple. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and exceeded our wildest dreams.

Sent on 05/14/2017

Paula · Married on 08/20/2016

We had the best wedding at Turner Hill!! Carol was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything ran smooth for us. Would definitely recommend this venue!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

I like to tell people that I knew my wedding venue before I knew my groom. That is because I knew the moment I laid eyes on The Mansion on Turner Hill 6 years ago that I would someday host my wedding there. Carol Travers and the staff at Turner Hill literally made my dreams come true.

First of all, Vinwood caterers are incredible. They use the freshest ingredients and are so accommodating of allergies and special diets, you would think they knew each guest personally. Turner Hill partners exclusively with Vinwood and after sampling a meal with them, it is evident why. Their service and their food are unbeatable.

Carol Travers is this venue's built in wedding planner. She is an absolute angel. Carol has been doing weddings at Turner Hill for years and she has gotten it down to a science. She's quick to respond to emails, she is eager to fulfill any and all requests and she is prepared to do what is necessary to make your big day run as smoothly as possible. It rained on our wedding day, and Carol and the staff at Turner Hill were able to coordinate an indoor ceremony for 200+ guests in the main ballroom, and then in a matter of hours prepare the same room for dessert and dancing. She is amazing.

As I mentioned before, it rained on our wedding day. For most brides, this would be an absolute nightmare. Thankfully this was not the case for me. Turner Hill is so elegant and beautiful on its own that the news that we would need indoor photos and ceremony were not a disappointment. I was most nervous about the weather at dinnertime as we planned to eat outside in the tent. It poured. The tent was so sturdy and insulated, that if it weren't for the claps of thunder and flashes of lightning, you would have never known that it was anything but a clear night.

I could ramble on for days about every flawless detail of our wedding day, but I will leave you with this; If you choose Turner Hill for your venue, you will not be let down. They are worth every red cent.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Caroline · Married on 04/23/2016

Turner Hill is a beautiful and unique reception site. We fell in love with it the second we walked in and were not disappointed. Carol and the staff were helpful and made sure everything went smoothly. Living in Vermont we were not able to meet as easily, but Carol was flexible and accommodating. During the reception, all the staff members were amazing! I never felt stressed because they were so on top of everything.

Sent on 06/01/2016