The Mansion at Bald Hill Reviews

70 | South Woodstock, CT

70 Reviews for The Mansion at Bald Hill

Marybeth B. · Getting married on 09/08/2021

We booked this venue 10 days before the wedding!

The Mansion at Bald Hill hosted our daughter's wedding reception recently. We cannot say enough about the experience we had there! The food was delicious, and it was served by a professional, polite wait staff. The ambiance was amazing. The cocktail hour was outside on the patio. The guests loved the fire pit! The dining room was beautiful and comfortable, accommodating our 86 guests, no more than 6 per table, which were 6 feet apart. Dancing was outside in a tent with a 6 piece band. Two weeks before the wedding, we never thought our daughter's and son-in-law's special day could look like this. Their wedding reception was originally planned at a venue in MA, but the Covid guidelines changed on 8/11, reducing outdoor gatherings in MA to 50 people, from 100 people. We had already reduced the size of the wedding from 200 to 100, back in July when the guidelines were changed initially. The church was in Worcester, MA, so we were able to travel to this venue in CT, where the guidelines allowed us to have close to the 100 we had planned for. We would have had to cancel the wedding if we had to keep it to 50, because our family is larger than 50, and we could not leave out family. Janet came to our rescue, after I reached out to her on August 11. She made this magical day happen in 10 days, as if she had a year in advance to plan it! She is amazing-so easy to work with, so professional and efficient and couldn't do enough for us to make it the wedding they always dreamed of! This venue is a gem!

Sent on 09/01/2020

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

We are so happy to have been apart of their special day! We are happy to have been of assistance during this crazy time. We wish them all the best on their marriage!
    Best,
    The Mansion at Bald Hill
  • Kerri

Kerri G. · Getting married on 07/02/2021

Gorgeous venue

Exceptional in every way! Beautiful grounds and amazing hospitality. Between the gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor wedding ceremony to the beautiful outdoor patio with waterfalls and fire pits for the cocktail hour, the venue was just stunning. The reception with beautiful bar, high ceilings, and gorgeous woodworking helped make our night the best one ever.

Sent on 06/14/2021
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/28/2021

Beautiful venue

We could not have been any happier with the Mansion at Bald Hill. Absolutely beautiful property, delicious food, friendly and professional staff. Thank you for making our wedding day so incredibly special!

Sent on 06/02/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica G. · Married on 05/15/2021

Perfection

It was a dream to work with the Mansion at Bald Hill and our wedding day was perfect. We LOVED working with Janet! She was there to answer our every question during the planning process, as well as made both the rehearsal and the wedding itself run so smoothly. My husband and I have food sensitivities/allergies, and everyone there (both in the banquet hall and the Mansion restaurant itself) was very accommodating to our needs. We give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/02/2021

Sarah H. · Married on 12/12/2020

Loved our wedding venue!

Where do I begin? The Mansion at Bald Hill gave us the most perfect wedding I could have ever asked for! This year has been crazy and unpredictable with the looming pandemic, but Janet and her staff constantly went above and beyond to give us our perfect day. Especially these last couple of months when COVID was getting worse Janet was there to walk us through our options and how we could make this day special no matter what. The night before the wedding the venue looked beautiful, like a Christmas Hallmark movie! The venue is absolutely beautiful and so is the restaurant where we also had our rehearsal dinner. Our guests kept giving us compliments on how beautiful our venue was, how delicious the food was, and how great the bar was! The bartenders definitely knew their drinks! We loved this place and so happy we chose it. Janet went above and beyond and we highly recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Mikayla

Mikayla P. · Married on 10/31/2020

Absolutely beautiful

We had to change our venue relatively last minute and everyone was so helpful with us still being able to have our wedding day.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Brittany · Married on 10/24/2020

Outstanding Experience at the Mansion!

Janet was fantastic in ensuring the details were covered. She was of superb support for the on scene handling of logistics. Our wedding was perfect even amidst 3 date changes due to Covid. Truly, after researching 12+ venues, we chose MBH and had a wonderful experience, would recommend the Mansion at Bald Hill for your event.

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/17/2020

Excellent vendor, very satisfied

Working with Janet at The Mansion at Bald Hill was a pleasure. She made planning a COVID wedding much easier than we anticipated. She went above and beyond to ensure we were following safety guidelines while still being able to achieve our dream wedding. Also, the food was amazing! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren R. · Married on 10/03/2020

Couldn’t be happier

We couldn’t have been happier with our reception at the Mansion. Janet from the beginning was professional, helpful, and reassuring as she guided us through our COVID wedding. They were extremely accommodating with a tent and bar outside during the pandemic. The outside amenities were perfect for our fall wedding. The staff were welcoming and polite, and the food really is out of this world! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Y. · Married on 09/18/2020

So helpful

Our wedding at The Mansion was as perfect as I could have imagined. The food was great. Janet always was helpful and responsive. She also made our rescheduling multiple times due to the pandemic seamless.

Sent on 11/25/2020
  • Charlotte

Charlotte L. · Married on 09/12/2020

Wonderful venue, beautiful setting, terrific team!

We wanted a special drink and Janet went out of her way to make it happen. Our wedding was FABULOUS!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Justyna P. · Married on 09/12/2020

Mrs. Pater

Beautiful place, delicious food and everyone was very professional. Our guests had a great time and we couldn't wish for a better venue for our wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2020

Katherine · Married on 08/01/2020

Lovely Venue for a Vintage Garden-Chic Wedding

Planning: Janet was very responsive to my frequent emails and was incredibly flexible when we had to postpone our wedding due to covid-19.

Cost: Extremely reasonable food/beverage cost - our guests are still raving about the hors d'oeuvres and entrees (I didn't get to eat much, but it looked amazing!) Site cost included use of ceremony site and bridal suite for getting ready. Oh, and breakfast (the breakfast is delectable). We loved that there was no guest minimum.

Site: Gorgeous grounds. Beautiful English garden for ceremony, fountains and fire pit at night. Very quiet and private! So glad that there's only one wedding per day - we felt very well taken care of.

Overall: From the start, we knew that we would get married at the Mansion at Bald Hill. It's a beautiful location with superb service and value. We highly recommend!

Sent on 05/25/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah L. · Married on 07/31/2020

Absolutely Amazing

I was supposed to be married back in March at a venue in Massachusetts. Due to Covid, my year long planning came to a halt days before it was all supposed to come to life. After a lengthy heart breaking ordeal with my other venue, i reached out to the Mansion with what seems like a ridiculous request. "Can you host my wedding, three weeks from today?" Janet reached out with a simple "i think i can help, ill call you tomorrow". Janet was amazing. She was responsive through the whole process and made the transition seamless. She even spent 20 minutes pinning up my dress when my bustle failed to keep my dress from under my feet. I cannot say enough about how great she and the staff is. The venue is beautiful. The wedding was beautiful. So unbelievably happy.

Sent on 08/12/2020

C Kolodecik · Married on 06/10/2020

Fantastic Venue

Bald Hill is an amazing place to have a wedding. Every aspect was handled with expertise and care. Janet is a real pleasure to work with. Beautiful grounds, exceptional food and service was top notch. Will definitely be recommending them to everyone.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte L. · Married on 12/21/2019

Wonderful venue and staff!!

Lovely setting, yummy food and an excellent staff. We had the wedding there, people spent the night in the rooms and our brunch for 55 was the next day——just fantastic!!!!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Veronica P. · Married on 11/02/2019

Dream Come True!!

The Mansion at Bald Hill was my dream wedding venue! We had our ceremony off site but the reception was perfect. Janet and team did a phenomenal job setting everything up exactly as I wanted and had envisioned in my head! Janet was always super flexible to meet with me and my husband. As well as very responsive on returning any of my calls and/or emails. The servers were all so nice on the wedding day. Guests had nothing but good things to say about all of them! Oh and the room that my husband and I stayed at on our wedding night was so nice! It was huge and it was really nice to have a spot right next door to freshen up after the ceremony and photos before heading to the reception. Overall couldn't say enough good things about The Mansion at Bald Hill!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Kimberly B. · Married on 10/27/2019

Amazing !!!!

This place is amazing to get married at the food was great, Janet was very helpful and making sure everything went smoothly. All of our guests loved the place and a few are even going back to stay at the mansion. Definitely recommend to other people looking for place to get married.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Chelsea C. · Married on 10/20/2019

Incredible wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at the Mansion at Bald Hill on October 20, 2019, and we had the wedding of our dreams!! The ceremony, reception and cocktail hour sites were so beautiful! Janet was so accomodating leading up to our wedding and was there for us throughout our day. She even held my dress behind me when I started walking down the aisle and the guests said they never knew she was there! The food was delicious, the portion sizes were great and the overall experience was everything we ever hoped for. I could not recommend this venue enough!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Picture Perfect Venue!

The venue was the first thing I booked after my engagement. I was looking for a modern rustic venue that held everything on site. I had looked at about 7 or 8 venues until I found the Mansion at Bald Hill. The drive to the venue was gorgeous and as soon as we pulled up to this beautiful mansion, I knew this was where we were going to get married. We held our rehearsal dinner in the mansion, the ceremony was in the beautiful garden on the grounds and cocktail hour and reception was in the AMAZING hall next to the mansion. Everything being all together was perfect and all the guests loved it. Janet was so great to work with, and she is amazing at what she does. She made sure the night was flawless and everything went perfectly. All my guests are still talking about how good the food was, and the entire atmosphere was beautiful. The Mansion at Bald Hill gave me the wedding of my dreams and there’s not one bad thing I could say!

The Chasse’s
    10.19.2019

Sent on 11/06/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/06/2019

No words to describe how truly amazing!!

We had our wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill on 9/6/19. Every part of our special day was nothing short but amazing. From day one, Janet was beyond responsive and helpful in making all of my dreams/ visions come to life. On the day of our wedding the grounds were beyond pristine, the service was attentive and Janet made sure everything was taken care of before I could even think about what needed to be done next. We have been told by countless of our guests that our wedding was the most enjoyable and beautiful wedding that they had ever been too. This couldn’t have been possible without the Mansion at Bald Hill! I more than highly recommend this venue for all future brides!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kateyln,
    We are honored to have been a part of your big day! We wish you the best on your marriage and hope to see you back for your anniversary!

Scarlette G. · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream wedding!

We chose this venue for it's classic charm, seclusion and natural beauty. The grounds are stunning, and set the tone for a picturesque wedding. Not too rustic, just classic gardens. The food was delicious- we chose to do a buffet, and it was a great value. We did our cake with the suggested vendor, and it came out to our liking. The wedding coordinator was calm, flexible, and a joy to work with. All the staff was very professional, and helpful, ensuring our day went as seemless as possible. Truly was the wedding of our dreams and we are so happy we chose the mansion at bald hill!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Scarlette,

Thank you for your kind words! We are truly grateful to have been a apart of your dream wedding! We hope to see you back for your anniversary! Bet wishes on your marriage
  • olivia

Olivia · Married on 08/18/2019

Perfect wedding day

The Mansion was absolutely spectacular. Janet Waterman the coordinator was extremely attentive, kind and helpful . Everything was beautiful and perfect on our day. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Olivia,
    Thank you for your kind words! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage!

Alicia · Married on 07/05/2019

Our Perfect Day

We had a wonderful experience with the Mansion at Bald Hill. Everything from the rooms in the mansion to the flowers in the garden to the service at the reception was perfect. Janet was incredible and worked with us on everything we asked and needed.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Alicia,

We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best on your marriage!