The Mansion at Bald Hill Reviews

The Mansion at Bald Hill 4
The Mansion at Bald Hill 5

C Kolodecik · Getting married on 06/10/2020

Fantastic Venue

Bald Hill is an amazing place to have a wedding. Every aspect was handled with expertise and care. Janet is a real pleasure to work with. Beautiful grounds, exceptional food and service was top notch. Will definitely be recommending them to everyone.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Kimberly Beebe · Married on 10/27/2019

Amazing !!!!

This place is amazing to get married at the food was great, Janet was very helpful and making sure everything went smoothly. All of our guests loved the place and a few are even going back to stay at the mansion. Definitely recommend to other people looking for place to get married.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Chelsea Clow · Married on 10/20/2019

Incredible wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at the Mansion at Bald Hill on October 20, 2019, and we had the wedding of our dreams!! The ceremony, reception and cocktail hour sites were so beautiful! Janet was so accomodating leading up to our wedding and was there for us throughout our day. She even held my dress behind me when I started walking down the aisle and the guests said they never knew she was there! The food was delicious, the portion sizes were great and the overall experience was everything we ever hoped for. I could not recommend this venue enough!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Picture Perfect Venue!

The venue was the first thing I booked after my engagement. I was looking for a modern rustic venue that held everything on site. I had looked at about 7 or 8 venues until I found the Mansion at Bald Hill. The drive to the venue was gorgeous and as soon as we pulled up to this beautiful mansion, I knew this was where we were going to get married. We held our rehearsal dinner in the mansion, the ceremony was in the beautiful garden on the grounds and cocktail hour and reception was in the AMAZING hall next to the mansion. Everything being all together was perfect and all the guests loved it. Janet was so great to work with, and she is amazing at what she does. She made sure the night was flawless and everything went perfectly. All my guests are still talking about how good the food was, and the entire atmosphere was beautiful. The Mansion at Bald Hill gave me the wedding of my dreams and there’s not one bad thing I could say!

The Chasse’s
    10.19.2019

Sent on 11/06/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/06/2019

No words to describe how truly amazing!!

We had our wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill on 9/6/19. Every part of our special day was nothing short but amazing. From day one, Janet was beyond responsive and helpful in making all of my dreams/ visions come to life. On the day of our wedding the grounds were beyond pristine, the service was attentive and Janet made sure everything was taken care of before I could even think about what needed to be done next. We have been told by countless of our guests that our wedding was the most enjoyable and beautiful wedding that they had ever been too. This couldn’t have been possible without the Mansion at Bald Hill! I more than highly recommend this venue for all future brides!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kateyln,
    We are honored to have been a part of your big day! We wish you the best on your marriage and hope to see you back for your anniversary!

Scarlette Grassetti · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream wedding!

We chose this venue for it's classic charm, seclusion and natural beauty. The grounds are stunning, and set the tone for a picturesque wedding. Not too rustic, just classic gardens. The food was delicious- we chose to do a buffet, and it was a great value. We did our cake with the suggested vendor, and it came out to our liking. The wedding coordinator was calm, flexible, and a joy to work with. All the staff was very professional, and helpful, ensuring our day went as seemless as possible. Truly was the wedding of our dreams and we are so happy we chose the mansion at bald hill!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Scarlette,

Thank you for your kind words! We are truly grateful to have been a apart of your dream wedding! We hope to see you back for your anniversary! Bet wishes on your marriage
  • olivia

olivia · Married on 08/18/2019

Perfect wedding day

The Mansion was absolutely spectacular. Janet Waterman the coordinator was extremely attentive, kind and helpful . Everything was beautiful and perfect on our day. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Olivia,
    Thank you for your kind words! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage!

Alicia · Married on 07/05/2019

Our Perfect Day

We had a wonderful experience with the Mansion at Bald Hill. Everything from the rooms in the mansion to the flowers in the garden to the service at the reception was perfect. Janet was incredible and worked with us on everything we asked and needed.

The Mansion at Bald Hill 6
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 7
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 8
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 9
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 10
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 11
    Sent on 07/10/2019

Alicia,

We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best on your marriage!

Brittany Ray · Married on 06/29/2019

Magical is an understatement.

Unbelievable experience overall. My wedding day was above and beyond my expectations. Throughout the night guests continuously mentioned how beautiful the property of the mansion is. We had ceremony in the beautiful garden, cocktail hour and reception at the banquet center. Guests loved the fire pit & waterfall features on the patio

The Mansion at Bald Hill 12
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 13
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 14
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 15
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 16
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 17
    Sent on 07/01/2019

Brittany,
    We are honored to have been apart of your big day! We wish you all the happiness in the world. Congratulations!!

Sabra · Married on 10/20/2018

Janet and the rest of the staff at The Mansion at Bald Hill were amazing!! Our wedding day exceeded our dreams- absolutely wonderful !! Thank you so much for all of your outstanding service and assistance in planning and helping make our day as perfecr as it was! Xoxo

Sent on 09/09/2018

Sabra,
    We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best and hope to see you again for your anniversary!

Deanne · Married on 10/20/2018

This venue is beautiful and we had a great wedding! Janet is absolutely wonderful. She is quick to respond to emails, organized and was able to work with me on all my needs. Grounds are gorgeous as well! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Ashburn · Married on 10/20/2018

An Ideal Venue Experience

At first, we had some anxiety about choosing a venue in Connecticut's remote quiet corner. But the level of service and professionalism at The Mansion during planning and on our wedding day reminded us why that didn't matter. Janet, the venue coordinator, was always available to answer my random questions and kept us on track when making decisions.

On the day of, we were blown away by how calm, collected and on top of it she was and the thoughtfulness of her staff. They brought drinks and appetizers to the family during photos, they kept the buffet line full and happy and they were on hand to clean any drinks spilled and glasses dropped (only two, not bad). They all seemed happy to be there. Coming from someone with a background in catering, I was impressed.

The food was delicious. We also had concerns about going in-house for food (we've heard some venues have a bad rep). Not with The Mansion. All guests, ourselves included, loved the food. And we went with the most basic package.

The venue itself is the right mix of charming and sophisticated. All night people asked, "How did you find this?!" in disbelief at what a beautiful place exists in the middle of no where.

Now that its over and all sunk in, many guests have told us this was "the perfect day." I would highly, highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Kyrsti

Kyrsti · Married on 10/05/2018

We are so happy we chose to celebrate the most important day of our lives at the mansion at bald hill. The staff was super kind and the food was phenomenal. The ballroom just speaks for itself, it is absolutely stunning. Janet was also great to work with and is very responsive and knowledgeable. We had our ceremony outside in the garden and it was simply gorgeous. I cannot wait to get our pictures back. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Kyrsti,
    We are honored to have been apart of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage! and we hope to see you back for your anniversary <3

Jenifer · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill exceeded our expectations. I have always loved eating brunch there, so when my husband and I decided to take a look at the Mansion as a possible venue, we absolutely loved it. I already knew the food is delicious. The Mansion and garden are absolutely beautiful, the banquet hall I had not seen until our tour, and it was stunning. The patio was perfect for cocktails with the fire pit and water fall feature. I was able to use a room at the mansion, Mrs. Bowen’s suit, for all of my girls and Myself to get ready for the wedding. I was also given the room for the night of the wedding for my husband and I. The room was furnished beautifully and I enjoyed the historical aspect of the mansion. Janet was amazing, she helped us every step of the way. Any worries or concerns she took care of. The staff is friendly and made the entire experience wonderful and unforgettable. After the wedding our guests kept saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. Everything was perfect and I highly recommend The Mansion at Bald Hill for anyone looking for a venue for their special day.

The Mansion at Bald Hill 18
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 19
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 20
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 21
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 22
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 23
    Sent on 10/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a great experience at the mansion at bald hill! The food was great, bartenders were awesome and the wedding coordinator kept every promise! Highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Diane · Married on 09/22/2018

Love this venue! Great experience! Beautiful scenery! Delisious food!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Alana · Married on 07/21/2018

We recently had our wedding at the mansion and it was amazing! My guests are still buzzing about the garden, food, staff, EVERYTHING. Janet helped us through the entire process and I could not be more grateful for her guidance and her patience with answering my endless questions. The staff was so friendly and efficient. We could not have asked for a better experience! I recommend the Mansion at Bald Hill 100%, you will not be disappointed! Alana & Mike

Sent on 08/06/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2018

We had a fantastic experience with Janet and "The Mansion at Bald Hill". From Day 1, Janet was responsive and willing to work around our busy work schedules in order to meet with us. She was available, but not pushy or overbearing at all. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect--appetizers and drinks were brought to the wedding party in the garden during photos, and she even helped my bridesmaids with my bustle (just as two examples). Thank you so much Janet!
    Overall--the facility is beautiful (both the grounds and inside), with neutral colors that will match any decor. The outside patio is perfect for cocktail hour--luckily the weather was great so we were able to utilize that area. The food was fantastic, and at what I thought was a very reasonable price.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Rachelle · Married on 06/24/2018

Amazing site!!! The wedding coordinator was awesome. She super kind and willing to do anything to make your day perfect.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I were just thrilled at the way the Mansion put together our wedding for us. Everything Janet did for us, from answering all of our questions in a timely manner and handling last minute changes patiently to making our day run extremely smoothly, made our wedding everything we had dreamed of!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Emily,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your big day! One of our goals is to make sure couples are stress free on their big day! Thank you for choosing the Mansion at Bald Hill. Best wishes on your marriage <3

Cathleen · Married on 05/25/2018

I loved my wedding at the Mansion! They answered all of my questions promptly and worked with me when I had last minute changes with seating and questions with the menu. The staff was amazing and brought out drinks and appetizers while we were doing pictures and helped my mother pick up our decorations at the end. I appreciated that they had a lot of amenities included in their price which made my choices easy and seamless. I included pictures of the beautiful grounds and gardens, I can't recommend them highly enough!

The Mansion at Bald Hill 24
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 25
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 26
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 27
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 28
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 29
    Sent on 05/29/2018

Cat,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your special day! We hope to see you back for your anniversary, and best wishes on your marriage! Cheers!

Hannah · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding day! Not only is the venue beautiful but Janet was truly amazing. Very responsive and professional. She answered any and all questions and made us feel ready for the big day! On the wedding day the food was amazing and everyone was very professional. Everything was perfect! It was also so convenient to have the rehearsal dinner right next door and to be able to get ready in the beautiful Mrs. Bowen’s room. If you’re looking for a venue this is it!!

The Mansion at Bald Hill 30
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 31
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 32
    Sent on 05/07/2018

Hannah,
    Thank you for your kind words! We at the Mansion at Bald Hill are honored to have served you and your guests on your special day! Best wishes on your marriage <3

Krystle · Married on 12/09/2017

The staff and grounds are absolutely amazing! Janet and the rest of the staff were able to deliver perfection eventhough we were running late due to a snowstorm. They were able to keep the food hot and not overcooked for over an hour! All of our food choices actually tasted better than we remembered at our tasting. One small piece of advice for couples staying at the Mansion,make sure you have extra water & snacks, there is no gift shop or room service and it is hard to get anything late night in the area. We can not wait to see our pictures!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Krystle,

We are so pleased that you chose the Mansion for your wedding venue! We wish you the best on your marriage and hope to see you again!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

We just got married on 11-11-17 at the Mansion at Bald Hill. Working with Janet was a true pleasure. Janet leading up to the wedding was always very responsive and accommodating as we had many small details we wanted incorporated in our wedding. The night of the wedding the entire staff was friendly and very professional. We had rented out all of the rooms in the Mansion for the bridal party, parents and bride and groom and in the morning the breakfast was amazing! We are so glad we booked our wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Jennifer,
    Thank you for your awesome review! We are so happy to have been apart of your wedding day! We are glad you enjoyed the Mansion at Bald Hill experience! We hope to see you again! Congratulations on your marriage!!

The tour and booking was smooth. The options were clear and the ballroom is gorgeous.

Sent on 03/07/2017