The Mansion at Bald Hill Reviews

64 | South Woodstock, CT

64 Reviews for The Mansion at Bald Hill

Marybeth Budra · Getting married on 09/08/2021

We booked this venue 10 days before the wedding!

The Mansion at Bald Hill hosted our daughter's wedding reception recently. We cannot say enough about the experience we had there! The food was delicious, and it was served by a professional, polite wait staff. The ambiance was amazing. The cocktail hour was outside on the patio. The guests loved the fire pit! The dining room was beautiful and comfortable, accommodating our 86 guests, no more than 6 per table, which were 6 feet apart. Dancing was outside in a tent with a 6 piece band. Two weeks before the wedding, we never thought our daughter's and son-in-law's special day could look like this. Their wedding reception was originally planned at a venue in MA, but the Covid guidelines changed on 8/11, reducing outdoor gatherings in MA to 50 people, from 100 people. We had already reduced the size of the wedding from 200 to 100, back in July when the guidelines were changed initially. The church was in Worcester, MA, so we were able to travel to this venue in CT, where the guidelines allowed us to have close to the 100 we had planned for. We would have had to cancel the wedding if we had to keep it to 50, because our family is larger than 50, and we could not leave out family. Janet came to our rescue, after I reached out to her on August 11. She made this magical day happen in 10 days, as if she had a year in advance to plan it! She is amazing-so easy to work with, so professional and efficient and couldn't do enough for us to make it the wedding they always dreamed of! This venue is a gem!

Sent on 09/01/2020

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

We are so happy to have been apart of their special day! We are happy to have been of assistance during this crazy time. We wish them all the best on their marriage!
    Best,
    The Mansion at Bald Hill
  • Mikayla

Mikayla Pecore · Married on 10/31/2020

Absolutely beautiful

We had to change our venue relatively last minute and everyone was so helpful with us still being able to have our wedding day.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Brittany · Married on 10/24/2020

Outstanding Experience at the Mansion!

Janet was fantastic in ensuring the details were covered. She was of superb support for the on scene handling of logistics. Our wedding was perfect even amidst 3 date changes due to Covid. Truly, after researching 12+ venues, we chose MBH and had a wonderful experience, would recommend the Mansion at Bald Hill for your event.

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 10/17/2020

Excellent vendor, very satisfied

Working with Janet at The Mansion at Bald Hill was a pleasure. She made planning a COVID wedding much easier than we anticipated. She went above and beyond to ensure we were following safety guidelines while still being able to achieve our dream wedding. Also, the food was amazing! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle York · Married on 09/18/2020

So helpful

Our wedding at The Mansion was as perfect as I could have imagined. The food was great. Janet always was helpful and responsive. She also made our rescheduling multiple times due to the pandemic seamless.

Sent on 11/25/2020
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Lee · Married on 09/12/2020

Wonderful venue, beautiful setting, terrific team!

We wanted a special drink and Janet went out of her way to make it happen. Our wedding was FABULOUS!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Justyna Pater · Married on 09/12/2020

Mrs. Pater

Beautiful place, delicious food and everyone was very professional. Our guests had a great time and we couldn't wish for a better venue for our wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Letourneau · Married on 07/31/2020

Absolutely Amazing

I was supposed to be married back in March at a venue in Massachusetts. Due to Covid, my year long planning came to a halt days before it was all supposed to come to life. After a lengthy heart breaking ordeal with my other venue, i reached out to the Mansion with what seems like a ridiculous request. "Can you host my wedding, three weeks from today?" Janet reached out with a simple "i think i can help, ill call you tomorrow". Janet was amazing. She was responsive through the whole process and made the transition seamless. She even spent 20 minutes pinning up my dress when my bustle failed to keep my dress from under my feet. I cannot say enough about how great she and the staff is. The venue is beautiful. The wedding was beautiful. So unbelievably happy.

Sent on 08/12/2020

C Kolodecik · Married on 06/10/2020

Fantastic Venue

Bald Hill is an amazing place to have a wedding. Every aspect was handled with expertise and care. Janet is a real pleasure to work with. Beautiful grounds, exceptional food and service was top notch. Will definitely be recommending them to everyone.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Lee · Married on 12/21/2019

Wonderful venue and staff!!

Lovely setting, yummy food and an excellent staff. We had the wedding there, people spent the night in the rooms and our brunch for 55 was the next day——just fantastic!!!!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Veronica Pacheco · Married on 11/02/2019

Dream Come True!!

The Mansion at Bald Hill was my dream wedding venue! We had our ceremony off site but the reception was perfect. Janet and team did a phenomenal job setting everything up exactly as I wanted and had envisioned in my head! Janet was always super flexible to meet with me and my husband. As well as very responsive on returning any of my calls and/or emails. The servers were all so nice on the wedding day. Guests had nothing but good things to say about all of them! Oh and the room that my husband and I stayed at on our wedding night was so nice! It was huge and it was really nice to have a spot right next door to freshen up after the ceremony and photos before heading to the reception. Overall couldn't say enough good things about The Mansion at Bald Hill!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Kimberly Beebe · Married on 10/27/2019

Amazing !!!!

This place is amazing to get married at the food was great, Janet was very helpful and making sure everything went smoothly. All of our guests loved the place and a few are even going back to stay at the mansion. Definitely recommend to other people looking for place to get married.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Chelsea Clow · Married on 10/20/2019

Incredible wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at the Mansion at Bald Hill on October 20, 2019, and we had the wedding of our dreams!! The ceremony, reception and cocktail hour sites were so beautiful! Janet was so accomodating leading up to our wedding and was there for us throughout our day. She even held my dress behind me when I started walking down the aisle and the guests said they never knew she was there! The food was delicious, the portion sizes were great and the overall experience was everything we ever hoped for. I could not recommend this venue enough!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Picture Perfect Venue!

The venue was the first thing I booked after my engagement. I was looking for a modern rustic venue that held everything on site. I had looked at about 7 or 8 venues until I found the Mansion at Bald Hill. The drive to the venue was gorgeous and as soon as we pulled up to this beautiful mansion, I knew this was where we were going to get married. We held our rehearsal dinner in the mansion, the ceremony was in the beautiful garden on the grounds and cocktail hour and reception was in the AMAZING hall next to the mansion. Everything being all together was perfect and all the guests loved it. Janet was so great to work with, and she is amazing at what she does. She made sure the night was flawless and everything went perfectly. All my guests are still talking about how good the food was, and the entire atmosphere was beautiful. The Mansion at Bald Hill gave me the wedding of my dreams and there’s not one bad thing I could say!

The Chasse’s
    10.19.2019

Sent on 11/06/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/06/2019

No words to describe how truly amazing!!

We had our wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill on 9/6/19. Every part of our special day was nothing short but amazing. From day one, Janet was beyond responsive and helpful in making all of my dreams/ visions come to life. On the day of our wedding the grounds were beyond pristine, the service was attentive and Janet made sure everything was taken care of before I could even think about what needed to be done next. We have been told by countless of our guests that our wedding was the most enjoyable and beautiful wedding that they had ever been too. This couldn’t have been possible without the Mansion at Bald Hill! I more than highly recommend this venue for all future brides!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kateyln,
    We are honored to have been a part of your big day! We wish you the best on your marriage and hope to see you back for your anniversary!

Scarlette Grassetti · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream wedding!

We chose this venue for it's classic charm, seclusion and natural beauty. The grounds are stunning, and set the tone for a picturesque wedding. Not too rustic, just classic gardens. The food was delicious- we chose to do a buffet, and it was a great value. We did our cake with the suggested vendor, and it came out to our liking. The wedding coordinator was calm, flexible, and a joy to work with. All the staff was very professional, and helpful, ensuring our day went as seemless as possible. Truly was the wedding of our dreams and we are so happy we chose the mansion at bald hill!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Scarlette,

Thank you for your kind words! We are truly grateful to have been a apart of your dream wedding! We hope to see you back for your anniversary! Bet wishes on your marriage
  • olivia

olivia · Married on 08/18/2019

Perfect wedding day

The Mansion was absolutely spectacular. Janet Waterman the coordinator was extremely attentive, kind and helpful . Everything was beautiful and perfect on our day. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Olivia,
    Thank you for your kind words! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage!

Alicia · Married on 07/05/2019

Our Perfect Day

We had a wonderful experience with the Mansion at Bald Hill. Everything from the rooms in the mansion to the flowers in the garden to the service at the reception was perfect. Janet was incredible and worked with us on everything we asked and needed.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Alicia,

We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best on your marriage!

Brittany Ray · Married on 06/29/2019

Magical is an understatement.

Unbelievable experience overall. My wedding day was above and beyond my expectations. Throughout the night guests continuously mentioned how beautiful the property of the mansion is. We had ceremony in the beautiful garden, cocktail hour and reception at the banquet center. Guests loved the fire pit & waterfall features on the patio

Sent on 07/01/2019

Brittany,
    We are honored to have been apart of your big day! We wish you all the happiness in the world. Congratulations!!

Sabra · Married on 10/20/2018

Janet and the rest of the staff at The Mansion at Bald Hill were amazing!! Our wedding day exceeded our dreams- absolutely wonderful !! Thank you so much for all of your outstanding service and assistance in planning and helping make our day as perfecr as it was! Xoxo

Sent on 09/09/2018

Sabra,
    We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best and hope to see you again for your anniversary!

Deanne · Married on 10/20/2018

This venue is beautiful and we had a great wedding! Janet is absolutely wonderful. She is quick to respond to emails, organized and was able to work with me on all my needs. Grounds are gorgeous as well! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Ashburn · Married on 10/20/2018

An Ideal Venue Experience

At first, we had some anxiety about choosing a venue in Connecticut's remote quiet corner. But the level of service and professionalism at The Mansion during planning and on our wedding day reminded us why that didn't matter. Janet, the venue coordinator, was always available to answer my random questions and kept us on track when making decisions.

On the day of, we were blown away by how calm, collected and on top of it she was and the thoughtfulness of her staff. They brought drinks and appetizers to the family during photos, they kept the buffet line full and happy and they were on hand to clean any drinks spilled and glasses dropped (only two, not bad). They all seemed happy to be there. Coming from someone with a background in catering, I was impressed.

The food was delicious. We also had concerns about going in-house for food (we've heard some venues have a bad rep). Not with The Mansion. All guests, ourselves included, loved the food. And we went with the most basic package.

The venue itself is the right mix of charming and sophisticated. All night people asked, "How did you find this?!" in disbelief at what a beautiful place exists in the middle of no where.

Now that its over and all sunk in, many guests have told us this was "the perfect day." I would highly, highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Kyrsti

Kyrsti · Married on 10/05/2018

We are so happy we chose to celebrate the most important day of our lives at the mansion at bald hill. The staff was super kind and the food was phenomenal. The ballroom just speaks for itself, it is absolutely stunning. Janet was also great to work with and is very responsive and knowledgeable. We had our ceremony outside in the garden and it was simply gorgeous. I cannot wait to get our pictures back. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Kyrsti,
    We are honored to have been apart of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage! and we hope to see you back for your anniversary <3

Jenifer · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill exceeded our expectations. I have always loved eating brunch there, so when my husband and I decided to take a look at the Mansion as a possible venue, we absolutely loved it. I already knew the food is delicious. The Mansion and garden are absolutely beautiful, the banquet hall I had not seen until our tour, and it was stunning. The patio was perfect for cocktails with the fire pit and water fall feature. I was able to use a room at the mansion, Mrs. Bowen’s suit, for all of my girls and Myself to get ready for the wedding. I was also given the room for the night of the wedding for my husband and I. The room was furnished beautifully and I enjoyed the historical aspect of the mansion. Janet was amazing, she helped us every step of the way. Any worries or concerns she took care of. The staff is friendly and made the entire experience wonderful and unforgettable. After the wedding our guests kept saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. Everything was perfect and I highly recommend The Mansion at Bald Hill for anyone looking for a venue for their special day.

Sent on 10/13/2018