The Mansion at Bald Hill Reviews

The Mansion at Bald Hill 5
The Mansion at Bald Hill 6
The Mansion at Bald Hill 7

Sabra · Married on 10/20/2018

Janet and the rest of the staff at The Mansion at Bald Hill were amazing!! Our wedding day exceeded our dreams- absolutely wonderful !! Thank you so much for all of your outstanding service and assistance in planning and helping make our day as perfecr as it was! Xoxo

Sent on 09/09/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Sabra, We are honored to have been apart of your special day! We wish you the best and hope to see you again for your anniversary!

Deanne · Married on 10/20/2018

This venue is beautiful and we had a great wedding! Janet is absolutely wonderful. She is quick to respond to emails, organized and was able to work with me on all my needs. Grounds are gorgeous as well! I highly recommend this venue!

• Rachel

Rachel Ashburn · Married on 10/20/2018

An Ideal Venue Experience

At first, we had some anxiety about choosing a venue in Connecticut's remote quiet corner. But the level of service and professionalism at The Mansion during planning and on our wedding day reminded us why that didn't matter. Janet, the venue coordinator, was always available to answer my random questions and kept us on track when making decisions.

On the day of, we were blown away by how calm, collected and on top of it she was and the thoughtfulness of her staff. They brought drinks and appetizers to the family during photos, they kept the buffet line full and happy and they were on hand to clean any drinks spilled and glasses dropped (only two, not bad). They all seemed happy to be there. Coming from someone with a background in catering, I was impressed.

The food was delicious. We also had concerns about going in-house for food (we've heard some venues have a bad rep). Not with The Mansion. All guests, ourselves included, loved the food. And we went with the most basic package.

The venue itself is the right mix of charming and sophisticated. All night people asked, "How did you find this?!" in disbelief at what a beautiful place exists in the middle of no where.

Now that its over and all sunk in, many guests have told us this was "the perfect day." I would highly, highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area.

• Kyrsti

Kyrsti · Married on 10/05/2018

We are so happy we chose to celebrate the most important day of our lives at the mansion at bald hill. The staff was super kind and the food was phenomenal. The ballroom just speaks for itself, it is absolutely stunning. Janet was also great to work with and is very responsive and knowledgeable. We had our ceremony outside in the garden and it was simply gorgeous. I cannot wait to get our pictures back. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/06/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Kyrsti, We are honored to have been apart of your special day! Best wishes on your marriage! and we hope to see you back for your anniversary <3

Jenifer · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill exceeded our expectations. I have always loved eating brunch there, so when my husband and I decided to take a look at the Mansion as a possible venue, we absolutely loved it. I already knew the food is delicious. The Mansion and garden are absolutely beautiful, the banquet hall I had not seen until our tour, and it was stunning. The patio was perfect for cocktails with the fire pit and water fall feature. I was able to use a room at the mansion, Mrs. Bowen’s suit, for all of my girls and Myself to get ready for the wedding. I was also given the room for the night of the wedding for my husband and I. The room was furnished beautifully and I enjoyed the historical aspect of the mansion. Janet was amazing, she helped us every step of the way. Any worries or concerns she took care of. The staff is friendly and made the entire experience wonderful and unforgettable. After the wedding our guests kept saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. Everything was perfect and I highly recommend The Mansion at Bald Hill for anyone looking for a venue for their special day.

The Mansion at Bald Hill 8
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 9
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 10
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 11
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 12
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 13

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a great experience at the mansion at bald hill! The food was great, bartenders were awesome and the wedding coordinator kept every promise! Highly recommend this venue!!!

Diane · Married on 09/22/2018

Love this venue! Great experience! Beautiful scenery! Delisious food!

Alana · Married on 07/21/2018

We recently had our wedding at the mansion and it was amazing! My guests are still buzzing about the garden, food, staff, EVERYTHING. Janet helped us through the entire process and I could not be more grateful for her guidance and her patience with answering my endless questions. The staff was so friendly and efficient. We could not have asked for a better experience! I recommend the Mansion at Bald Hill 100%, you will not be disappointed! Alana & Mike

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2018

We had a fantastic experience with Janet and "The Mansion at Bald Hill". From Day 1, Janet was responsive and willing to work around our busy work schedules in order to meet with us. She was available, but not pushy or overbearing at all. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect--appetizers and drinks were brought to the wedding party in the garden during photos, and she even helped my bridesmaids with my bustle (just as two examples). Thank you so much Janet!
    Overall--the facility is beautiful (both the grounds and inside), with neutral colors that will match any decor. The outside patio is perfect for cocktail hour--luckily the weather was great so we were able to utilize that area. The food was fantastic, and at what I thought was a very reasonable price.

Rachelle · Married on 06/24/2018

Amazing site!!! The wedding coordinator was awesome. She super kind and willing to do anything to make your day perfect.

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I were just thrilled at the way the Mansion put together our wedding for us. Everything Janet did for us, from answering all of our questions in a timely manner and handling last minute changes patiently to making our day run extremely smoothly, made our wedding everything we had dreamed of!

Sent on 06/10/2018

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your big day! One of our goals is to make sure couples are stress free on their big day! Thank you for choosing the Mansion at Bald Hill. Best wishes on your marriage <3

Cathleen · Married on 05/25/2018

I loved my wedding at the Mansion! They answered all of my questions promptly and worked with me when I had last minute changes with seating and questions with the menu. The staff was amazing and brought out drinks and appetizers while we were doing pictures and helped my mother pick up our decorations at the end. I appreciated that they had a lot of amenities included in their price which made my choices easy and seamless. I included pictures of the beautiful grounds and gardens, I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/29/2018
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 14
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 15
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 16
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 17
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 18
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 19

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Cat, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your special day! We hope to see you back for your anniversary, and best wishes on your marriage! Cheers!

Hannah · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding day! Not only is the venue beautiful but Janet was truly amazing. Very responsive and professional. She answered any and all questions and made us feel ready for the big day! On the wedding day the food was amazing and everyone was very professional. Everything was perfect! It was also so convenient to have the rehearsal dinner right next door and to be able to get ready in the beautiful Mrs. Bowen’s room. If you’re looking for a venue this is it!!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 20
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 21
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 22

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Hannah, Thank you for your kind words! We at the Mansion at Bald Hill are honored to have served you and your guests on your special day! Best wishes on your marriage <3

Krystle · Married on 12/09/2017

The staff and grounds are absolutely amazing! Janet and the rest of the staff were able to deliver perfection eventhough we were running late due to a snowstorm. They were able to keep the food hot and not overcooked for over an hour! All of our food choices actually tasted better than we remembered at our tasting. One small piece of advice for couples staying at the Mansion,make sure you have extra water & snacks, there is no gift shop or room service and it is hard to get anything late night in the area. We can not wait to see our pictures!

Sent on 12/11/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Krystle, We are so pleased that you chose the Mansion for your wedding venue! We wish you the best on your marriage and hope to see you again!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

We just got married on 11-11-17 at the Mansion at Bald Hill. Working with Janet was a true pleasure. Janet leading up to the wedding was always very responsive and accommodating as we had many small details we wanted incorporated in our wedding. The night of the wedding the entire staff was friendly and very professional. We had rented out all of the rooms in the Mansion for the bridal party, parents and bride and groom and in the morning the breakfast was amazing! We are so glad we booked our wedding at the Mansion at Bald Hill!

Sent on 11/13/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you for your awesome review! We are so happy to have been apart of your wedding day! We are glad you enjoyed the Mansion at Bald Hill experience! We hope to see you again! Congratulations on your marriage!!
  • User6555509 · 1+ year ago

The tour and booking was smooth. The options were clear and the ballroom is gorgeous.

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill was everything we were looking for in a venue. As soon as we drove onto the grounds, we knew it was the one, from the Garden to the Reception area. Janet and her staff were phenomenal and such a help when organizing our day. I would recommend this venue to any future couple looking to have their day take place at one location have two completely different feelings.

Sent on 11/12/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you for your kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your special day! We hope to see you for your anniversary and wish you a long and happy marriage!

Christine · Married on 10/01/2017

Our wedding on October 1, 2017 was absolutely amazing! Janet and her staff are wonderful; they made our day so easy and stress free!

The Mansion at Bald Hill 23
    The Mansion at Bald Hill 24

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

We are so happy that you chose the Mansion as your venue!! And we are even happier that your wedding was amazing!!

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2017

Absolutely beautiful venue. Everyone loved it. Food was delicious and staff was very helpful throughout the night .

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! The Mansion was honored to be apart of your special day!

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2017

Absolutely beautiful venue for our daughters wedding!! Even though the weather wasn't cooperating, everything flowed so smoothly. The food and service was outstanding. The grounds speak for themselves. Our guests are still commenting about the day!!

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Cindy and for choosing the Mansion at Bald Hill for your special day. We wish the weather turned out better, but we are happy to know that we helped make your day memorable. Cheers to many years of love and happiness!

Kate · Married on 09/16/2017

Communicate with your vendors - it will help your vision come to life. Don't waver on your vision even if you ha e intrusive family or friends who try to challenge your decisions - stick to YOUR vision. In the end you'll be happy it was what you wanted. Lastry - delegate responsibilities, it will save your sanity! Try to sleep well and hydrate the weeks leading up to the event!

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Great advice Kate! We are happy to have made your vision come true on your wedding day!

Lindsay · Married on 08/26/2017

Everything was amazing!!! We booked about a year and a half in advance and Janet kept us informed when things were due and when we needed to start planning different things. Everytime we went to the mansion everyone was so genuinely kind. Janet was very responsive with any questions I had. They day of the wedding everything was set up beautifully and ready for our guests. The garden was beautiful and the weather was fantastic. The food!!!! People are still talking about the food. Very well prepared. I wish we could get married there 100 times more. It felt like we were guests at our wedding everyone did there part and Janet kept everything in check but was so calm with everything!! So so thankful for this experience. Wish I could give 10 stars.

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay! We are honored to have served you on your wedding day! We wish you many years of happiness!

jenn · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Mansions at Bald Hill on 9/24/16. It was everything we would have dreamed it would be. Janet at the Mansions was so flexible and made sure that every little detail was exactly how we wanted it to be. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. We truly recommend the Mansions at Bald Hill - it was the best decision we could have made for our wedding reception!

Kristy · Married on 04/15/2016

Excellent staff, food excellent!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy that you loved the food!