The Makeup Maven & Company Reviews

39 Reviews for The Makeup Maven & Company

• Amy

Amy 路 Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful experience

Johanna & Lori did hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and my mom on my wedding day and they were absolutely amazing. They were extremely accommodating to what we all wanted, very talented, and were just so, so pleasant and enjoyable to be around. Cannot say enough great things about them!

Sent on 03/19/2019

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

Thanks Amy! We enjoyed you and your party also! Love the pics. Thank you for sharing 馃槏 We hope to see you again in our salon very soon! Best wishes to you and your husband.
  • Kristen

Kristen MacDougall 路 Married on 01/12/2019

A look that lasts!

Mario is a hair artist! He looked at the photos that I had pinned, and ran with it- creating a look that was perfect. His precision and attention to detail made the up-do very comfortable and long lasting- it stayed in tact all night and into the after party! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/18/2019

sara 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Johanna and Bess are such a great team! Initially, I booked another San Antonio makeup and hair salon for my wedding, but I happened to stumble upon a girl's wedding on Style Me Pretty (my favorite wedding blog), and her makeup literally stopped me in my tracks. I immediately called to cancel my other salon, and book Johanna. She did such a great job. I did not feel too done up, I just felt flawless. She can create any look you want, and does such a great job. Bess is also unbelievably talented. I showed her my desired hairstyle, and she created it effortlessly. I was beyond satisfied with my experience with these ladies!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Michelle 路 Married on 10/22/2017

The Makeup Maven is the best for makeup in San Antonio. She did an outstanding job on my wedding day! She was flexible with me when I had to move my wedding date up substantially and will go out of her way to help her brides! She did such a great job, I plan on going back to her for other special occasions. She does airbrush makeup now and I received endless compliments about my wedding day makeup!

Sent on 09/29/2009

Carly M 路 Married on 09/02/2017

My bridal party and I loved working with Johanna and Ariel for our day-of makeup. I was able to do a trial with Ariel, and then I even had her do my makeup for my bridal portraits and rehearsal dinner. Overall, Johanna and Ariel were easy going and friendly, making my bridal party and I feel at ease and enjoying ourselves with them. They did a beautiful job with everyone鈥檚 look鈥攔omantic and natural with just enough drama for the wedding events.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Andrea 路 Married on 03/11/2017

I did airbrush makeup with Johanna and hair with Lori and was so pleased with trials and the wedding day! They came to our venue and worked so quickly on my 7 bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law aunt and me that we had ample time for photographs before the wedding. Lori was awesome- I gave her a head piece to work with and she was able to create a look that was very elegant. It stayed put all night, no matter how many dips I did on the dance floor!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Karen 路 Married on 12/03/2016

Johanna, Beth & their team are simply amazing! They made me & all of my bridesmaids look absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. Despite it being one of the rainiest days ever in San Antonio, our hair & makeup looked great from beginning to end. Thank you so much for helping make my day a little more spectacular!

Karen H.

Sent on 04/06/2017

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Erika 路 Married on 10/01/2016

These ladies are amazing and if I could I would give them 1000 stars! Johanna did my makeup for my wedding along with my bridal party! Bess and Xiomara did our hair and they did exactly what we wanted. Carine did my mani and a facial that made my flace glow!!!! Other than being the sweetest ladies to work for, their patience and just professionalism is out of this world! Oh and do the airbrush with lashes package with Johanna!!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Christina 路 Married on 09/17/2016

The Makeup Maven & Company is a company I would recommend if you are looking for makeup services in San Antonio. Johanna did my makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding day as well as my wedding party. She did an amazing job! I loved her work and the colors she used. It lasted the entire day and well into the night. I was impressed with her work! Kudos to you, Johanna! It was a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 10/09/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah 路 Married on 11/21/2015

Johanna did an amazing job with my make up for both my bridal portraits and on my wedding day! Everything looked natural and stayed put despite getting slightly sweaty on the dance floor! Thank you so much for making my day special, Johanna!

Sent on 12/01/2015

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

Thanks so much! I am so happy to have been a part of your magical day!

Lori 路 Married on 11/21/2015

As the Mother of the Bride, I was a little nervous about having my makeup done...but knew I needed help! Johanna was terrific. Her makeup looked "just right" on me and made me feel beautiful. The makeup looked wonderful all day and night (about 12 hours in all) - even through tears! Thanks, Johanna!

Sent on 12/06/2015

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you!

Meredith 路 Married on 10/17/2015

Johanna and her assistant were me and my bridesmaid's makeup artists before my wedding. Johanna was a dream to work with. First, she's really funny and easy to talk to. When I was getting stressed as the wedding drew near, she stayed super calm which made me feel at ease.

I knew exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day and Johanna exceeded my expectations! She knew I wanted to look glow-y, my eye makeup was perfection, and my lip color was exactly what I would have wanted if I could pick any lipstick color in the world. Basically- hire her. She will make you feel like the most beautiful, ethereal bride in the world!

Sent on 12/22/2015

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

It was a pleasure being a part of your special day! Hope to see you again very soon!!! XOXO
  • User4840083 路 2+ years ago

I am so happy I went with Carolina! She was responsive, easy to work with, and so reasonably priced. She came on-location to do just my mother and myself (the bride). Since I came in from out of town I did not do a trial run. I was not disappointed at all! I talked on the phone with Carolina a couple times and sent her a picture as well as the website, and she showed up completely prepared. She was professional and knew exactly the look I was going for. Both my mother and I looked so beautiful but incredibly natural. My family and friends told me I have never looked better. I would definitely use Carolina again and would highly recommend her to anyone! And, brides, you do not need a trial!

Sent on 11/20/2015

The Makeup Maven & Company's reply:

Thank you for the review. My name is Johanna though. Would you mind changing it please? Thank you!!!

Spencer 路 Married on 08/22/2015

Johanna and Bess were phenomenal! I have never loved my hair and makeup so much for an event and it was perfect as they did my rehearsal dinner and wedding day! They also did my MIL and mother and all my bridesmaids. It was such a wonderful experience! I will certainly be back at their doorsteps very soon!

Xo

Spencer

Sent on 09/15/2015

Elizabeth 路 Married on 02/07/2015

Johanna and her daughter did mine and my wedding party makeup for my wedding and Johanna also did the makeup for my bridal portrait. My makeup was flawless (even after all the tears throughout the ceremony)! All the bridesmaids looked amazing and the morning of the wedding was completely stress free! She is extremely talented and I am so thankful she was able to do my makeup for the most important day of my life!

Sent on 02/19/2015
  • User4763624 路 2+ years ago

Johanna is the very best!! Before finding her, I had 2 disastrous makeup trials. It seemed that nobody understood what I was looking for (a natural, "better me" look). When I went to see Johanna, she took the time to talk to me and find out what I was looking for. I was in love with the results from the trial and booked her on the spot for my wedding. She was super flexible and was able to come out to do the wedding party's makeup on location. All of the bridesmaids and both mothers loved their makeup and I loved mine even more the second time around! I will use Johanna for any events I have in the future, I couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Chloe 路 Married on 12/06/2014

Johanna is such an artist! She is so sweet and listens to exactly what you want. She makes the whole process easy and wonderful!

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • User4569430 路 2+ years ago

Johanna and he assistant Ariel did the makeup for all of my wedding party. They were fantastic! They drove to my venue to do everyone's makeup. Johanna was always easy to reach and very professional. Both Johanna and Ariel did an AMAZING job!! All of my bridesmaids looked beautiful! It was the most glamorous I have ever felt and my husband couldn't stop telling me how beautiful I looked! I highly recommend Johanna for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Jennifer 路 Married on 11/15/2014

I got married and grew up in San Antonio, but currently live out of state. I have been in many weddings and am typically very picky with my makeup so I knew finding the perfect look was important to me. Basically, I hate the caked-on, dark eyes, overly dramatic, I don't look like me style so I was very pleased to find Johanna with Makeup Maven. She was considerate of the limited time I had during my planning visits, we had a great trial where I tested the airbrush and she was perfectly flexible with my wedding party and day-of location. I appreciated the fact that my deposit would also be credited towards services the day-of, and more importantly that she listened to my wants and needs. I would highly recommend testing the airbrush look because I was glad I did not have to decide on my actual wedding day. I went with a more natural, sun-kissed look and loved the final product. Johanna gave me a look that was certainly more enhanced than my everyday without making me look like a stage performer. (Not trying to be dramatic, but that was a serious fear of mine.) I loved my makeup and so did my groom! It was the perfect balance of glamour without being overdone. It's also important to note that Johanna was able to complete four others in my wedding party plus me within two hours. It was very helpful that she could come to us and not add to the hecticness of the day. I know everyone in our group greatly appreciated that as well. If you're looking for someone to make you feel and look gorgeous on your big day, you can trust Johanna.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Kristen 路 Married on 11/08/2014

Johanna did my make-up and all my bridesmaids make-up for my wedding day. They came to our hotel suite and brought all their equipment to us which was nice and relaxing the morning of my wedding. Johanna did a beautiful job on my make-up and listened to what I wanted and made sure I looked the way I wanted to look on my wedding day. I had gone to a run through with her months earlier and changed my mind on a few things about how I wanted to look that day and on the fly she accomodated what I wanted and it turned out beautiful. She is also fun and easy going and she doesn't act stressed or rushed which is nice when your spending a lot of money for make-up and hair. Also, she is very responsive over email and answers any questions you and your bridal party might have about hair and make-up. I couldn't be happier with my make-up that day, thanks Johanna!!!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Amelia 路 Married on 08/23/2014

Johanna's personal touch makes it feel like we've been friends forever! I feel like an absolute beauty on my wedding day because of her artistry. I have had the privilege of her doing my makeup for proms and now my wedding day! Wouldn't trust anyone else but the Makeup Maven!

Amelia Krause

Sent on 08/23/2014
  • User4589165 路 2+ years ago

We were very happy with all the services provided!!!
    I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/05/2014
  • Amy

Amy 路 Married on 03/16/2013

Johanna is incredibly gifted makeup artist, a consummate professional and a good person. She did my makeup for my bridal portrait, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding and every time she made me look better than I ever thought possible. She is also reliable and on time. I did worry a bit about her showing up promptly for my wedding and getting my makeup and my bridesmaid done on time. In addition, she is a kind person who is such a pleasure to work with. I messed up the timing on my wedding schedule and she re-worked her entire afternoon to accommodate me. I cannot say enough good things about how WONDERFUL she is. It was an honor having her do my makeup for these special events in my life.

Sent on 03/19/2013

carmel 路 Married on 07/06/2012

Johanna is not only amazing at what she does but also extremely dedicated. I tried to book her online for my bridal portraits but something went wrong with the booking and she never got it. I called her at 4:15 on Friday afternoon to let her know I was going to be running a little bit late for my 4:30 appt and she didn't have me down - she had left that day at 2 and was heading out of town to Houston. Luckily she was still in San Antonio so she came all the way back to the salon to make sure I was all set for my potraits! It was such an inconvenience for her but she made me feel like it was no problem- and my make up turned out beautifully even though she was hours delayed to her weekend in Houston. I would highly recommend her to any bride getting married!!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Becky 路 Married on 05/05/2012

Johanna did an outstanding job! She came out to our venue and did my make and all my bridesmaids! Everyone was happy with the results and her professionalism! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/25/2013