The Magnolia Room Reviews

The Magnolia Room 3
  • Donna

Donna Brewer · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect Wedding

My wedding was everything that I ever imagined it to be. We got so many compliments on our food choice and the location itself. It is a perfect venue in the heart of midtown and our guests loved it as much as I did.

Sent on 09/26/2019
    The Magnolia Room 4
    The Magnolia Room 5
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 06/15/2019

The Perfect Midtown Memphis Venue

This venue couldn't have been more perfect! Kari, the owner, is so easy to work with! She made sure I was well taken care of through the whole process, but especially made sure that all my needs were met the day of our wedding! Her staff is very professional and kind. The food that they cooked for our brunch was absolutely amazing! Some of my friends are quite picky and raved about the food! The venue itself is oozing midtown charm, and needs little effort and decoration if that's the feel you are into. We couldn't have picked a better venue, and I know if we have another big event, we will definitely book here again!.

Sent on 07/04/2019

Robin Hall · Married on 10/13/2018

Fairytale come true

THE MAGNOLIA ROOM IS THE MOST ELEGANT PLACE TO GET MARRIED. MY WAS LIKE A FAIRYTALE COME TRUE! KARI WAS AMAZING FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END! I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET MY WEDDING. THANK YOU FOR KEEPING EVERYTHING STRESS FREE AND FUN! MY HUSBAND AND KARI MADE MY DREAM WEDDING COME TRUE! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MAGNOLIA ROOM FOR WEDDINGS AND ALL EVENTS!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Charlotte · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding/reception was held at The Magnolia Room this past weekend. I cannot say enough about how well we were treated. From Kari to her amazing staff it was a wonderful experience. I will gladly refer my friends and associates to this venue. The experience was awesome!

Sent on 01/13/2018
    The Magnolia Room 6

Marissa · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding here on September 10, 2016 and that was the best decision I've ever made. Kari was there to answer any questions i had before the wedding and it was stress free on the wedding day because she took care of everything. The food was great and the venue is beautiful. I chose this place because of the character it has, not cookie cutter like the other venues. The bridal suite came in handy. If i had to do it all over i wouldn't change a thing!!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Kari · Married on 09/02/2016

The Magnolia Room is designed just perfectly to match any color scheme. Kari & her staff exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to have another party there.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Kristi · Married on 06/25/2011

Kari and her staff are above and beyond the nicest and most professional people I have ever encountered. We had our daughter's reception there for around 150 guests, and she knew exactly what would work. She is very laid back and flexible to meet any requests, but she also advises expertly. All of our guests were wowed by the amazing food, which was out of this world presented and tasted fabulous. The atmosphere is friendly and charming, plenty of room to dance, and the best part is that you actually get to see everyone and everything that is going on. The sweet patios remind you of New Orleans, and guests had plenty of parking without any difficulty. My advice is to book events early, because numerous people at our event took note of this venue and will spread the word. :-). As the mother of the bride who has never done this before, I just cannot express how wonderful she and her staff are. As my daughter says " Kari rocks". She took very good care of us. :-)

Sent on 06/26/2011

Shannon · Married on 03/05/2011

Keri, the owner of the Magnolia Room, is fantastic! She is super helpful, nice and laid back. The room rates are extremely reasonable and the Magnolia Room is absolutely beautiful. There is a ton of free parking, too!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Donna · Married on 09/17/2010

We had our daughters wedding reception there and it was a wonderful experience!! It was perfect for our mid-size reception. The Victorian charm and attentive staff made for a memorable night!! The food was awesome and creatively presented. We had room for a DJ and dance floor which the young people enjoyed and a beautiful bar that all enjoyed. Thank-you to Keri for her suggestions and helping to make it all so special for us!!

Sent on 09/18/2010

Evelyn · Married on 01/15/2010

All the staff was great and everything we requested was done. It was the first place we actually visited and there happen to be a promo going on so we got the venue at a very good price. Many of our guests commented that it was one of the most special venues that had ever seen. It was so nice to have the ceremony and reception in one location and to have easy access to the beautiful grounds throughout the day. The location was beautiful and the entire staff spent every second we were there making the event a one in a million day. Lastly the food, I am still getting compliments on the food three months after our wedding. Everything was perfect on my wedding day and his staff is unbelievable. I could not have asked for more and the experience there made my day extremely memorable.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Chloe' · Married on 05/30/2009

Kari was an absolute pleasure to work with. She gives you total freedom to do whatever you want, and the input she gives is extremely helpful. She goes above and beyond the call of duty as a wedding coordinator.

Sent on 09/28/2009
  • U

Lisa · Married on 12/31/2008

This vendor is absolutely AWESOME! The Magnolia Room went over and above all my expectations for my wedding reception. Kari and her staff provided such extremely wonderful customer service and were more than attentive to my needs. The Magnolia Room was the perfect intimate venue for us and the food was spectacular. My guests are still raving about the catering and its presentation. The ambiance was that of an affair at an the best of restaurants in the city and I wholeheartedly reccommend them to any bride!

Sent on 09/28/2009

Sharon · Married on 01/08/1998

Our wedding and reception was held at the beautiful Magnolia Room in Overton Square. The elegant building reminded me of the french quarter in New Orleans. The service was wonderful and I can't say enough about the wedding coordinator
    Kari Betlesky. Kari helped me through the wedding, from my doubts to the mistakes I almost made and she fixed.
    The front and back patios sparkling with twinkling lights and net set off the beautiful Magolia tree.

Sent on 11/05/2009

Donna · Married on 11/07/2015

The Magnolia Room is indeed a unique, beautiful place for a wedding. We held our daughter's wedding there on 11/7, and we were very impressed with not only the stunning appearance of the venue, but also with the relentless determination of Kari and her awesome staff in providing an unforgettable, extraordinary wedding experience. Kari's gorgeous, high quality buffet was a feast for the eyes as well as delectable beyond compare, drawing compliments from everyone in attendance!!

Nikki and Matt enjoyed their special day being made even more meaningful and memorable by the Magnolia Room. We highly recommend this exemplary location for any important life event!!

Sent on 11/20/2015
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/04/2011

The Magnolia Room is the perfect venue for a vintage style wedding. The facility is gorgeous.
    Kari was extremely helpful after I was in an accident and wasn't able to spend as much as planned. She helped us out and we were extremely satisfied with the outcome of our wedding.
    Don't even get me started on the food! I was so disappointed that I had to reduce my menu. People are still complimenting how great it was.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Allison · Married on 06/27/2008

The Magnolia Room is a beautiful historic Midtown Memphis spot that is perfect for smaller weddings. While you are responsible for decorating, the room itself has enough character that any effort you choose to make, big or small, will just enhance its beauty.

Kari is a very straight-forward coordinator who will work with you in order to create the best event for your needs. The food she and her staff prepares is excellent. Our appetizer choice was perfect for our size wedding (100) and the unlimited wine and beer proved to be the best solution to please our guests.

It's only been a few days, but the feedback I've gotten from my guests has been overwhelmingly positive. Everyone thought the location was unique and fun. The patios helped with overflow and smokers. So far, everyone has said it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended.

Sent on 07/02/2008
  • Private Users Shy

Cherri · Married on 08/18/2018

The owner have a great personally..also was very helpful by me been a first time bride I was clueless.

Sent on 08/31/2016