The Lodge at Whitefish Lake Reviews

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake 3
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake 4
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake 5

Kara · Married on 06/11/2016

The Lodge was absolutely wonderful! The staff was exceptional and did everything they could to accommodate our needs. I couldn't have picked a better place to get married! Emily and Kim were my heroes, who helped pull everything off and put up with all of my questions.

My husband was a little cautious when I originally picked the venue, but when we went out for menu planning and to visit with other vendors, he was very impressed and told me I nailed it on the location. During the wedding itself, when the guests arrived, everyone figured it out pretty quickly why I picked the location. I heard nothing but rave reviews from my guests about The Lodge. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the Whitefish area.

I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding, but especially as a destination wedding venue!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Natasha · Married on 06/08/2016

The wedding coordinators here made this place worth every penny we spent. They were extremely helpful and accommodating and I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. We plan on coming back here in the future. The staff were all professional. The venue is absolutely stunning, but really, the coordinators were incredible!

Alexandra · Married on 09/02/2017

This venue was spectacular, and I couldn’t have asked for a more pleasant experience for my August wedding. We had rain the day of the event and everyone was so willing to be flexible to work around the weather.

The value of the venue is impeccable. We did a wedding package and received so much bang for the buck! Our wedding was planned from a distance and the staff was always willing to answer any questions. Our florist forgot to provide rose petals for the flower girl and our day of coordinator (who was through the resort) had someone pick them up. That type of service was above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. Every step of the way the staff was available and helpful!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2017

The overall vibe and quality of The Lodge was fantastic; it was everything we were hoping for. We were able to hold our wedding in front of some amazing scenery, our guests enjoyed the luxurious comforts at The Lodge, and the staff helped us customize the whole day to fit our needs. The on-site wedding coordinators are top-notch. I'm convinced they could put on a stellar wedding with their eyes closed. We planned this wedding from afar, and sometimes it seemed difficult to get a timely response from the events staff--especially in the week or two leading up to the wedding. But once we arrived at The Lodge, we realized it was because they had an event to coordinate every single day. At that point, it was hard to blame them for less-than-speedy email responses. Plus, by the time we did our final walk-through with the coordinators, we knew they'd be able to handle everything without a problem. We especially appreciated everything Emily and Kim did to help us with the big day!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Haley · Married on 12/31/2016

I can't vouch for the ballroom, but the outside pavilion at the Lodge is an amazing wedding location! The whole process, from touring the venue, booking, planning, and the actual weekend; everything was perfect. I definitely recommend you having your wedding here!

The only reason I'm not giving a full five stars is because of the check-in process at the hotel. They did apologize and offer partial refunds for not having rooms for my family available, but it created quite the headache on the wedding day.

The event itself and everyone who helped coordinate were perfect.

Lindee · Married on 08/08/2016

My family and I have a tradition of spending many special times at the Lodge. We celebrated my parents 50th here just a few years ago, so deciding to have our wedding reception here was a no brainer. Everyone was so lovely to work with. Between the Whitefish Lake Lodge and Goldfinch Events, every detail was handled beautifully. The reception buffet and dessert table was truly incredible. At night cap, we received the warmest of entries to our suite at the Lodge...I don't want to spoil this for anyone by saying too much! The next day we enjoyed the spa...and we were in total heaven! Our guests enjoyed their stay as well, with nothing but rave reviews for the lodging, restaurant, bar, and of course..breathtaking views.

Sent on 12/10/2016

michelle · Married on 05/23/2015

I can't say enough about how amazing the lodge is. We bought a wedding package during the off season time. It was less expensive than on season. We did have to provide our own DJ, hair and makeup person, officiate, photographer/ videographer and flower lady. The lodge gave me ideas, options, and suggestions to help me choose people to work with. The lodge has a coordinator that helps prior to the wedding and they have a day of coordinator; that helped a lot and kept every thing on time. They have a beautiful room for the girls to get ready in. They also have a steamer and can steam your dress. To use the outside tent it was $3,500 and then we had a food and beverage min to hit. We ended up with 120 guests. With the package we also got a few perks such as $200 at the spa, 45 min boat ride, Champaign toast, midnight snack for us, cake cutting, I think the day of guy was part of the package. They will work with you and your budget. I loved my experience with them and really don't think there is a nicer more perfect place for a wedding on the lake in the flathead valley or whitefish! The wedding was perfect because of the scenery but also because of all the people at the lodge, and the lake was amazing!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Roxy · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a wonderful experience with all the staff at Whitefish Lodge. Everyone was so accommodating and willing to help us in any way. Our guests had nothing but nice things to say about the staff, the rooms, the entire property during their stay. The only thing we heard from our guest staying (which was about 90%) of our guests list, said when booking the reservations under our block, there was confusion, some were quoted wrong rates, couldn't find the reservation, etc. I did mention this to Kim Saverud. Not complaining but thought it might help for future room block reservations. We would definitely recommend this wedding venue.

Sent on 11/12/2017

ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is a beautiful setting for a wedding. My friends and family had a wonderful time at my lakeside ceremony and ballroom reception. The staff was professional and courteous. Great food. The two-story Loft Suite is a great room. Whitefish is a charming little town, year round! Our whole wedding week was magical!

Alayna · Married on 07/16/2015

3.5

We decided to hold our wedding at the Lodge simply because we had been there before, and was familiar with the area. The staff were AMAZING. The day of the wedding, Emily checked in with me, getting me whatever I needed from lunch, to checking on the cake vendor so I didn't have to leave my room where my husband might see me!

They even went above and beyond when it came time for the reception. My grandma is on a strict gluten free diet - which I had thought of and ordered her a separate dinner. However, when it came time to eat wedding cake, I hadn't thought of dessert for my grandma! Emily ( who had been SO GREAT all day!) ran up to the kitchen and brought my grandma her own gluten-free dessert. Everyone in the family was very impressed with their service and accommodation.

My husband and I returned to the Lodge for business meetings a few months after our wedding, and one night we found a bottle of champagne and a card from Kim - such a nice touch for them to remember us! .

Overall,

Sent on 10/31/2015

Jeremy · Married on 10/08/2017

The entire process of planning the wedding was very well organized, communicated and executed. Kim did a very good job with all the details up to the big day. Then Emily (the secret weapon) came in on the final day and made sure everything (every little detail) came together for a perfect event. While it’s not inexpensive by any means, you do get great service in a beautiful venue. We would highly recommend the Lodge, Kim and Emily to anyone.

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake 6
    Sent on 11/21/2017

Ryan · Married on 08/27/2017

3.5

Most everything was fantastic! Was an Awesome venue, Most every single person commented on how nice everything was. The 30 min boat ride was seriously under 6 mins for the gals... then a turn around, and another four min boat ride with the guys. people seriously were laughing how short it was, would have been nice to at least get a few yards from the dock.. but its all good. I asked and made sure there would be no hidden fees or weird add on costs, but got drilled like 40 bucks for a pot of coffee in the state room, The money it cost to lay down the pre fab stage seemed ridiculous. All being said the lodge took very good care of us, we received many compliments on the entire wedding. We were not disappointed with our choice.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Karla · Married on 06/04/2016

2.5

Hard to get a hold of, several guests complaining about getting anyone on the phone to make a reservation under the reserved group. Disappointed in the hairdressers at the lodge. The AC had issues in the banquet room, as it was the first time the weather was hot and AC wasn't working, I'm sure that fixed by now. But it was beautiful outside so many people were enjoying visiting outside. Beautiful location though, a great time, the guests really enjoyed themselves and felt like they had a vacation. Food was fabulous. Kim and Emily were absolutely amazing coordinating and planning, making the day of go by smoothly. They were very helpful and easy to talk to. Overall we had a beautiful wedding.

3.0

Kim (Wedding Coordinator) was extremely helpful and very professional. She was always pleasant and easy to work with. She was on top of the details and helpful.

Edna, sales coordinator, was quite awkward and very unhelpful the first time we met here. Fortunately, Kim took over and was a delight to work with.

The Lodge overall was quite good. Our room was stunning and we felt like we were treated very well. The hotel staff go above and beyond and we couldn't have asked for a better location or more charming hotel.

Things to improve:
    Ensure you provide a detailed schedule so everyone is on the same page
    The Lodge dining room service was very poor. Even with a reservation, the staff were disorganized and took far too long to seat people and serve meals. They also missed delivering brunch for the bride and bridesmaids which was a surprise gift that was set up the day before from one of the guests.

The shuttle was not overly accommodating and was late. He was not on time, despite being given specific pick-up and drop off times. We even paid extra, despite most of our guests staying at the Lodge. Overall, the shuttle service was very unreliable.

The food for our wedding dinner was very good and we were happy with the price.

The champagne reception and boat ride for the wedding party was terrific. No complaints. Don't pass up a ride on the boat!

The wedding tent is beautiful and the Lodge was accommodating with respect to decorations.

Overall, we were very happy with the day and we would definitely recommend a wedding at this venue.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Amy · Married on 09/04/2016

3.8
      3.5

This is an amazingly beautiful venue. We had our ceremony lakeside and our reception in the lakeside pavilion which is stunningly draped. Our main contact, Kim, was fantastic. She was quick to respond and helped us with all of our questions, always friendly and was great to coordinate with our vendors for setting up. The day of coordinator, which is supplied by the venue, seemed a bit stressed and was short with some of the bridal party during the day but everything ran smoothly and was mostly on time.
    The food was great and we had nothing but positive comments from our guests. The veggie meal came out different than what we had tasted earlier so the venue graciously comped us for the vegetarian dishes ordered (the one we tasted was unbelievable and what I had ordered and we had talked it up to our guests prior to the wedding so it was a disappointment that we didn't get the same thing). The service was on time and well done. We had served wine which required more attention from the servers and they did a great job. One oversight was that our cake had 2 flavours but the servers were unaware of this so our guests did not have a choice of which cake flavour to have.
    The Stateroom was the perfect place for the bridesmaids to get ready in and was available to us throughout the day to store things in. The bridal suite we were given for 2 nights had a stunning lake view and allowed for some extra bridesmaids time with staying in the room the night before the wedding.
    There were a few small items that ended up being extra charges, such as the podium for the speeches, which when you are paying for a substantial wedding package would be nicer to be all inclusive rather than tacked onto the final bill.

Ristine · Married on 08/20/2016

3.8
      3.0

To possibly have more communication beforehand with the person that is actually going to be the onsight wedding planner. Get the wedding planner to stay at the event the whole night. Make sure the wedding planner is communicating and is friendly with other attendees and photographers. Make sure the wedding planner has back up plans for the extra cake as well as knows and remembers to put favors out at the end of the night for the guests.

Conner · Married on 01/07/2018

0.4

Attention Future Newlyweds,

My wife and I wanted to take the time to share with you our experience in dealing with the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. We waited almost a month since our ceremony date, of 1/7/2018, in order to write this with a level head. Following is the short version and then the long version for those who want details.

Short - The Lodge was a beautiful location and I have always like the venue. Still do, except for my dealings with the wedding department. If your and your fiance are considering this place, I HIGHLY encourage you to review your contract hundreds of times and be ready for less than satisfactory service and any of the “accommodating” to come at a cost . Brian is the ONLY one who I felt cared and even though he saved my wedding, I wish I would have chose somewhere else to get married. If you’re trying to do you’re wedding for a budget, they will promise you the world but all I ever got was tears. You'll save money and heartache by choosing somewhere else.

Since my story exceeds the character limit, please note the pictures show the full story.

Sent on 01/26/2018

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake's reply:

Dear Mr. Seyfert,

First off, Congratulations! Your wedding was beautiful, your attendees all seemed to really enjoy themselves, and we enjoyed having you as our guests.

Secondly, please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience we may have caused you in the contracting and planning process. We totally agree that any contract must be completely understood line-by-line before being signed. Our team worked very hard with you and felt that after reviewing your budget in multiple meetings, accommodating multiple budgetary concession requests, and offering numerous suggestions, that we were all on the same page and that you fully understood and were comfortable with the solutions and your commitment. Clearly, based on your comments, there were still areas of responsibility that were unclear to you.

As depicted in past reviews, we have a very strong track record of exceeding expectations and providing wedding couples, families and planners with incredible memories. Regardless, please know that we take your comments and opinions very seriously and have discussed them as a management team with intent of correcting ourselves in any area we fell short.

We sincerely wish you the absolute best in this new chapter of your life!