The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake Reviews

22 Reviews for The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake

1 User photo

The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake 1

Desiree · Married on 09/15/2018

Our experience at the Lodge was amazing from start to finish. The whole staff was helpful. All our questions were answered promptly. The food was great. They were there for us every step of the way on our wedding day as well!

Sent on 09/23/2018

The venue was absolutely beautiful and the staff was awesome! Everything went smoothly and as scheduled. The food was delicious and the bar was stocked with all Permian brands. The wedding coordinator Julie was the best part- there was no need for a wedding planner because Julie organized everything. She spoke to all vendors arranged times and was there for the entire day to make sure things ran on scheduled. Julie really made us feel like she cared and that our day was special even to her!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/26/2015

Our experience at the Lodge was amazing! From our initial meeting to the tasting, to everything leading up to the wedding, and finally the entire wedding weekend, everything was fabulous! Julie will make sure everything on your big day goes according to plan, even with changes on the fly! She was accommodating with every request we had, again even on short notice. The venues at the lodge were beautiful and all the food was fantastic! The staff at the lodge was amazing too, we had a ton of projects we had done at home, and the Lodge staff took it in stride, gave us a room to set up all our stuff and they took it upon themselves to set everything up for us! and they made it look amazing! Overall, we have no complaints about anything at the lodge! We would highly recommend this venue for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/05/2015

Beautiful place to have a wedding. Your pictures will look amazing! Staff is extremely friendly, food amazing, and your guests will be raving about your wedding! Extremely happy with how things turned out!

Sent on 06/24/2015

cheryl · Married on 04/25/2015

absolutely perfect location. great food and service. everyone was so impressed with the food. Julie was great to work with. Special treat for the bride and groom at the end of the night! I wont ruin it but it made my night. total surprise. blew me away!! This venue is spic and span clean.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Mike · Married on 12/27/2014

From Natalie to Julie, this is absolutely a great way to celebrate our wedding. They were very accomodating especially with last minute changes and unusual requests. Food was phenomenal and the room was setup perfectly. Definitely recommend this location especially for an off season or winter wedding. The lobby transformed perfectly into a quaint ceremony setting. The entire weekend worked out better than we could have expected. Thanks to the the Lodge!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Natalie was so wonderful to work and helped me with so many questions! They all worked so hard and made everything look so beautiful!! The food was absolutely delicious!!!

Sent on 09/01/2013
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 07/13/2013

The staff at the lodge were great, They helped us with some snags we had when our DJ didnt show up and made our day perfect. Would definitely reccomend

Sent on 07/29/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2013

I worked with Natalie who was wonderful. She responded right away any time I had a question and every detail of the ceremony and reception was perfect. We had some issues with our cake vendor and she took care of both problems right away...was very professional and I would recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Michael and Jacquie · Married on 05/18/2013

The Lodge was great! Had a couple of hiccups with our group booking, but they always made sure to take care of us quickly and in the end, everything was handled and the wedding was amazing! Natalie did a great job juggling all of the events that day and really helped make ours special. Our wedding was amazing! Thank you Natalie and the Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/19/2015

The staff at the Lodge went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was perfect! Julie, the event coordinator, was always very quick with responses to questions and guided us through the entire process. The night of our wedding, they even went so far as to decorate our room with rose petals and candles, as well as brought up 2 pieces of cake and a bottle of wine for us to share after the reception!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kristina · Married on 10/05/2013

When my fiance and I first started looking at wedding venues we told ourselves we were not going to "go big" but when we saw The Lodge I instantly fell in love. I was looking for a venue where I could have an outdoor ceremony by the water (Lake Erie) and The Lodge was what I was looking for! We payed a bit more than we were hoping, but in the end it was worth EVERY penny! The food was amazing and the staff was friendly and helpful on the day of my wedding. It would be my luck that it would unexpectedly rain on my wedding day, but with an hour to spare the staff moved all the chairs and decorations indoors to our backup location without a hitch, just in time for guests to arrive! It was also very convenient to have accomodations on site for my guests to stay the night and not have to travel to their hotel! We had some hiccups with our guests making reservations as well, but Natalie very kindly helped us fix what she could. They offered a breakfast for us and our guests the next morning and that was wonderful as well! We will be returning for our anniversary for years to come and Natalie is amazing! I love this place and would recommmend it to anyone! :)

Sent on 01/01/2014

Justin · Married on 08/21/2016

Our family and friends had a wonderful time, enjoyed the food, and thought the location was perfect. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Cheryl · Married on 04/25/2015

Had my wedding of 50 guests on April 25, 2015. It was perfect. Food was so great! staff genuinely cared about the service they were providing. Very clean. Rooms were great everyone said what a great wedding it was. I am so happy that I chose to have my wedding here. Hands down. It was a great nite. Very cozy and classy. And again great food and service!!

Sent on 05/04/2015
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 07/12/2013

We had our wedding on July 12, 2013, and we could not have been happier. Natalie was our wedding coordinator, and she was amazing. She always returned emails and phone calls within 24-48 hours, tirelessly answered all my questions, and helped us out whenever we asked. My guests loved the Lodge's scenery (a few have gone back there since!). We did have a room mix-up, so that would be my only hitch, but we adjusted without a problem. I highly recommend this venue — it's an amazing value.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Darla

Darla Brewer · Married on 06/08/2019

A beautiful destination venue at home.

Simply amazing. The accommodations, food was incredible. Guests loved the cottages. Great flexibility of decorating ballroom as long as there are no events the night before. Guests and family already want to plan a 1 year anniversary weekend.

The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake 2
    Sent on 07/19/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2013

I booked the Lodge for my June 1st wedding over two years when Kim was still the wedding coordinator. I was nervous when she left, but Natalie Miller was FANTASTIC! Our wedding went off absolutely perfectly, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was always responsive and receptive our ideas, pulling everything off exactly as we had pictured. I would not hesitate one second to recommend the Lodge for a wedding. I would have given 5 stars; however we did have problems on the hotel end of things in terms of difficulty booking rooms, problems with guests' rooms, etc.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/31/2014

3.0

"The Lodge" is a beautiful venue and with the lake being the background for the ceremony it was awesome. They recently put in a larger gazebo and it worked well. It was difficult to get responses to our questions. We found e-mail had the best chance. The other problem was that the coordinator is so overwhelmed with the amount of work that some details will be missed. For example we had requested that each guest be given a signature drink as they enter the room for the cocktail hour. Unfortunately that did not happen. All in all if we had it to do over we would still elect to have it at "The lodge".

Sent on 12/18/2014

Terra · Married on 07/20/2007

3.6
      3.0

Me and my husband got married out on the lake at the gazebo and it was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! After the ceremony, our photographers walked us over a nearby bridge and down some rocks onto a little beach and we got some amazing pictures! Everything about our ceremony and reception was everything I had hoped for! I would definitely recommend The Lodge. They are very professional and it felt very elegant and classy.

Sent on 06/04/2008

Jordan · Married on 10/09/2010

3.2
      2.5
      3.5
      3.0

Catering Department has a few kinks they need to work out. Banquet order not followed as written. Food presentation to the last guests served was not great for the price. Guests did not realize the glitches, but they were apparen to me Lodge itself was beatiful and guests enjoyed their overnight accommodations. Nice scenic location.

Sent on 10/24/2010

J · Married on 07/22/2017

1.4
      1.0

After paying about $20,000 to the lodge for my wedding they ran out of beer and whiskey an hour before my bar was scheduled to end. Not including the fact that one of the beers that was served, guests complained tasted skunked. When I asked there was any more beer at all I was directed to walk to the other bar in the opposite corner of the ballroom and check myself. I asked if they would restock with a different brand of beer and I was told no. I asked if anyone has gone to purchase more and was told no. My guests eneded up going to the hotel bar (just down the hall from the ballroom) to purchase their own drinks. And the kicker, no apologies, no refunds, just took my money and ignored it. It's a beautiful venue but don't waste your money. I'm very disappointed and embarrassed that my guests had to purchase their own drinks especially after how much money we spent to have our wedding there.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Nicole · Married on 12/22/2007

1.4
      0.5
      0.5
      2.0

The lodge was gorgeous. We loved the room. The food was small portions for the price and it was dry. Overall our guests did not like their food. The wedding planner was terrible and hard to get in contact with.

Sent on 09/22/2008