The Lighthouse Inn Reviews

The Lighthouse Inn 5
The Lighthouse Inn 6
The Lighthouse Inn 7

Erin · Married on 09/21/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Bill and the entire Lighthouse Inn staff. It was incredible to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one gorgeous spot! The beach setting for our ceremony, deck for cocktails and apps and the DELICIOUS clam bake dinner were simply perfect. Our guests could not stop raving about the entire day.

Bill was awesome to work with for the 9 months we spent planning our big day. He was organized, responsive, and kept things moving on the big day.

Getting ready in Room 6 upstairs and knowing my groom and his groomsmen were just two cottages away eased any fears of travel issues. Walking down the deck stairs to the ceremony and meeting Kip's eyes in front of the gorgeous beach is a moment we will never forget.

We spend a lot of time on the Cape and have a family house in South Yarmouth - Lighthouse Inn gave us the ultimate Cape Cod wedding and was a fantastic destination for our guests traveling from out of town. Our wedding was on Friday and most guests stayed until Sunday and we have heard nothing but positive reviews about the various guest rooms and the entire West Dennis area.

Thank you, Bill and team! We will be back!

The Lighthouse Inn 8
    The Lighthouse Inn 9
    The Lighthouse Inn 10
    The Lighthouse Inn 11

LAURA · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a wonderful time. The manager was flexible and met all of our special requests. The location is right on the water, which made the perfect setting for a beach wedding service. We were lucky to have had perfect weather! The food and service for dinner were great. I have no complaints, just an enjoyable reception all around.

Jacqueline · Married on 09/08/2018

We were married yesterday at the Lighthouse Inn. We flew in from Denver with an extremely small group attending, 10 in all including the bride and groom. Bill was incredibly helpful and so nice from the first contact with him. He made it so easy to plan everything from so far away. It was the most perfect day and such a perfect venue. With such a small group, the ceremony fee was a bit pricey however, with us coming from far away, being able to have the ceremony and venue at the same place, having everything taken care of, it was well worth it for us. For a larger wedding, i imagine it would be well worth it as well. I can't say enough about the venue, it was so perfect. Thank you to Bill and the wonderful people at the LHI for providing us the opportunity to have our wedding in the most perfect location!

Mary · Married on 09/01/2018

We absolutely loved the Lighthouse Inn for our wedding - and so did our guests! We had a large wedding with a ton of out-of-town guests, so we wanted some place laid back where everyone could stay together while also feeling like they were getting a little vacation. People ended up staying multiple nights and having a blast; kids especially loved it and want to go back every year. We did both our rehearsal dinner and our reception there. For the rehearsal, we did the lobster bake, which was a HUGE hit. My MIL also could not stop talking about breakfast - so great. And not only was the setting great but I heard nothing but positive feedback about the staff and how well they handled our large group. As the bride, I didn't notice any of it -- which actually is a good thing! Bill, the F&B manager is great, super flexible, and I felt like I didn't need to worry about anything. He was always accommodating. If I could do it again, I would still pick the Lighthouse Inn every time. Can't wait to go back.

Jenny · Married on 08/18/2018

I recently had my rehearsal dinner at the Lighthouse Inn, and the evening was beyond perfect. Right from the start, Bill (the Director of Food & Beverage) was polite, and responsive to my calls. I had a large group of 20 people, mostly from Ireland and the staff at the Lighthouse Inn accommodated everyone's dietary needs. Everyone in our party loved the restaurant, food, atmosphere and location. It is right on the water, and it has to be one of the prettiest spots on Cape Cod. You will not be disappointed!

Joanie · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I got married at The Lighthouse Inn on Saturday June 16, 2018, and the entire day could not have been more perfect. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the view of the ocean during our ceremony was stunning. Everything from the food, to the service, to the room accommodations was outstanding. Bill Sherman, the Food and Beverage Manager at the LHI (although he does much more than that), is very responsive to calls and emails and is also very attentive to detail. He made sure that everything my husband and I envisioned on our special day was fulfilled. All of the servers and staff throughout the weekend were very nice and attentive as well. I literally have nothing to complain about, which can be unusual for a bride! One "perk" that the LHI provides is that it offers many on-site rooms and cottages for guests to stay in throughout the weekend. This was not only convenient for guests with small children and mobility challenges, but it also provided a huge sense of relief knowing that people would not be drinking and driving, since they only had to walk a few yards to their rooms from the reception site. (There is also a playground and a swimming pool that guests can use throughout their stay.) I would recommend reserving rooms early on, though, as they do sell out fairly quickly. Tiana and Judith in the reservation office are very helpful with this. Another "perk" is that there is a cottage on site called The Lodge, which has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, as well as a living room area on the first floor. Many of my bridesmaids stayed here, and we also got ready here before the ceremony. The hair stylist, makeup artist, and photographers were able to set up and do their prep work in the living room, so all of us were able to get ready and take photos together. Overall, the LHI exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to coming back for many anniversaries in the future!

Morgan · Married on 10/16/2017

The lighthouse inn was the perfect venue in terms of service, appearance, energy, and staff. Bill Sherman was unbelievably responsive and flexible with my ideas and schedule. He was extremely professional throughout the process and. Made my day go smoothly with zero stress. His suggestions and ideas were also invaluable and the day would not have been made without his presence and influence. Thank you to the entire lighthouse inn staff and bill Sherman for a wonderful wedding!

Eileen · Married on 09/16/2017

There is no better place than The Lighthouse Inn! The staff is so helpful, the location is beautiful, and the price is very reasonable compared to other venues in the area!

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2017

Always loved this venue. It was the perfect place for our wedding!

The Lighthouse Inn 12

Litza · Married on 09/16/2017

The service, the atmosphere, the food, everything was great! Thank you Lighthouse Inn for making our special day extra special!

Natalie · Married on 09/09/2017

Beautiful venue, friendly staff, Bill is so good at organizing everything you want so the day runs smoothly!

The Lighthouse Inn 13

Tracy · Married on 09/08/2017

The best experience anyone could ever imagine! No complaints... have to say "this is the place" to celebrate any/important events in your life!....

Theresa · Married on 08/26/2017

Bill Sherman brought my vision to life and is blessed with an amazing staff. Thank you for all!

Robert · Married on 08/26/2017

With only a few months to plan my wife and I put together the wedding that is still being talked about, not only was the weather a 10!! the staff,surroundings and atmosphere and everything the lighthouse inn have to offer will never be forgotten!!!

Laurie · Married on 08/06/2017

We planned our wedding at the very last minute (as in, abooout a week) and Bill was just amazing! He walked us through every little detail and made sure we were ready for everything. The historical site is absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing (we chose the clambake where each guest can pick New York steak or lobster and it comes with a giant basket of seafood and veggies--with vegetarian and children's options available, too) and our families are still talking about how delicious it all was. We had our ceremony with our toes in the sand and then a cocktail hour at some cute little tables by the porch. The sun set perfectly over the sailboats behind our party and at the end of the night we gathered around the fire pit and lit off sparklers with all the kids. Honestly, the Lighthouse Inn is charming, beautiful, elegant, and cozy, and any other venue would have definitely charged us separately for using each different part of their property. Not only that, but Bill Sherman steps in and put on the hats of several different careers--he's with you from the start as an event organizer/wedding planner, and then he shows up for the actual day as a master of ceremonies, getting everyone organized and keeping everyone on schedule. You're not going to find a better, more relaxed but elegant place on the Cape to have your wedding! We saw a bigger ceremony take place before ours and they booked the cute little cabins all around the lighthouse for their guests, so everyone all stayed in one place and could swim and hang out together. If you are inviting a lot of people I highly recommend planning ahead and reserving rooms there to create your own happy little wedding village! The place is just elegant enough to be perfect without being imposing or unwelcoming to your guests, and the staff are all incredibly friendly and accommodating.

The Lighthouse Inn 14
    The Lighthouse Inn 15
    The Lighthouse Inn 16
    The Lighthouse Inn 17
    The Lighthouse Inn 18
    The Lighthouse Inn 19
    The Lighthouse Inn 20

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2017

It was an absolute pleasure working with Bill and all of the staff at the Lighthouse Inn. They were professional and made my husband and I feel very well taken care of. The food was fantastic, our guests are still raving about it!
    I would definitely recommend The Lighthouse Inn for a truly special, unforgettable event!

Taren · Married on 09/18/2016

I can't tell you how much fun my husband and I had at our wedding. We planned everything over the phone as I live far away, after our initial visit to pick the venue. Even then, all the little details that I asked for were there and Bill was ready to help with anything we needed. It's a wonderful venue if you want to truly spend time with your guests. They can stay on the property and you can make it a weekend stay. We highly recommend and we wouldn't have changed anything!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/11/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Lighthouse Inn on 9/11/16 and we could not have asked for a more perfect beach setting to celebrate our special day!
    Bill Sherman, whose official title is the Food and Beverage Coordinator, was much more than that title suggests in my opinion! He coordinated our entire wedding from our first meeting through our wedding night. He was well organized, easy to work with and stuck to his word on arrangements we had discussed all throughout the course of two years of wedding planning. Not to mention that most of our coordinating was done long distance as my husband and I live in Minneapolis!
    Bill worked with us to sort out the best seating arrangement and dance floor space for the amount of guests that we had at the reception ( about 105 of us in total). He's very knowledgeable about timelines and coordinating with vendors- he took a LOT of stress off of us when it came to setting up our flower arrangements, party favors and decorations. Bill even recommended the New England Clam bake reception dinner and we were all blown away with the presentation and taste!! I’m still dreaming of that lobster and we are still getting compliments on it! Well worth the price in my opinion!

All in all, we could not have chosen a better place and person to work with for our wedding day!

Jammi · Married on 08/20/2016

My wedding day was everything I had imagined. Bill and his staff were amazing! They were accommodating to all my guests and everything was perfect!

Aimee · Married on 08/19/2016

The lighthouse inn was a perfect wedding venue. Bill and his staff were absolutely wonderful. Bill is totally laid back and makes the wedding feel simple. They were quick and accommodating with all my requests! My guests all loved the inn and friends and family plan on coming back every year to visit this place. I couldn't of asked for a better day, better place or better people to work with. I can't say enough good things about this place, or the views. it was such an awesome wedding weekend and I can't wait to visit!

Cyndy · Married on 07/24/2016

The wedding coordinator Bill Sherman was well organized, communicative, reasonable and sweet! He's a seasoned veteran and will accommodate your every request if he can do it. More importantly, he attended every part of the wedding and was available if we needed him, which we didn't !

CAMILLE · Married on 07/17/2016

BOOK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wedding turned out to be EXACTLY the wedding I always dreamed of.
    Bill and his staff were beyond fabulous!!! ALL my guests complimented the staff's efficiency, friendliness, and their hard work!!! The food was absolutely delicious; my guests loved the food. Everyone loved their accommodations, and people want to come back again!!!
    The setting of the Inn is beautiful! Having everything accesible really made the whole weekend so much fun and PERFECT!!!!
    We are planning a reunion at the Lighthouse Inn for next year!!!!
    You will n

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2016

Everything was perfect from the accommodations to the food and service, is very nice and adorable cape cod venue that is not highly priced , Bill Sherman the wedding coordinator is very nice and organized always responds quickly and keeps a nice calm manor to everything

Carey · Married on 10/11/2015

Couldn't have picked a better place to get married.