The Lighthouse Inn Reviews

The Lighthouse Inn 7
  • Sydney

Sydney Bodamer · Getting married on 09/13/2020

Simple and beautiful

I booked my wedding here and live about 3 hours away. Emailing was very quick with responses and they provided me with all the information I needed. I came to look at the place and fell in love. They had a wedding set up for a ceremony and we actually got to view it from afar. My first venue I looked at and did not need to see anymore, it is perfect. Can’t wait for the big day.

Sent on 09/24/2019

The Lighthouse Inn's reply:

Hi Sydney,

We are looking forward to your wedding. Please reach out to us when you are ready to start the planning process.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/05/2019

It was like a vacation...

This was the perfect venue for us. My husband (that's still so weird) and I are from huge families and we wanted a place where people could stay and be comfortable. Our siblings and friends all have children, and adults and kids alike LOVED the grounds. Between dancing, playing shuffle board or mini golf, walking out on the jetty, or just having a drink by the sea with dear friends, everyone had a blast. The view- we'll it's pretty unbeatable. We had fantastic weather, but I'm willing to bet a stormy day would be super cozy there as well! We are still receiving glowing reviews. The venue was personal, cozy yet spacious, the staff was very helpful, the food was great (get the red pepper cream sauce on pasta!), and the mood was relaxed and happy. Added bonus- many of the guests stayed there overnight. The visit was extended through the night and at breakfast the next day.
    Thank you Lighthouse Inn!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Jen Sullivan · Married on 09/07/2019

Ocean front rehearsal dinner

We used the Lighthouse Inn for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. Bill was great to work with throughout the whole planning process. He responded quickly to all our emails and was flexible with menu options. All our guests enjoyed it there and the service was great! The staff was so friendly and the food was incredible! I would absolutely recommend The Lighthouse Inn for a rehearsal dinner. My family has also eaten there for dinner and stayed at the hotel multiple times and would recommend going there for any occasion! Beautiful building, great views, awesome staff.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Chrissy

Chrissy B. · Married on 08/24/2019

Best day of our lives!

My husband and I were expecting a quaint, cute Cape Cod wedding. We were blown away from what we got. Bill Sherman is so organized, thorough, and prompt. My main priority in vendors is customer service and after visiting the lighthouse inn (the first Venue I visited) I immediately put down our deposit.

Everything went so smoothly. We couldn’t be happier with our decision to get married here. The food was outstanding- I highly HIGHLY recommended the NE clambake. Bill continuously checked in on us during the ceremony. He was even bussing tables at one point. The beauty of the location was what made the Lighthouse Inn so appealing. The professionalism and efficiency is what made this wedding the most perfect we could have ask for. We keep being told how we had the most beautiful wedding of the year!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    The Lighthouse Inn 8
    The Lighthouse Inn 9
    The Lighthouse Inn 10
    The Lighthouse Inn 11

Erin · Married on 09/21/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Bill and the entire Lighthouse Inn staff. It was incredible to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one gorgeous spot! The beach setting for our ceremony, deck for cocktails and apps and the DELICIOUS clam bake dinner were simply perfect. Our guests could not stop raving about the entire day.

Bill was awesome to work with for the 9 months we spent planning our big day. He was organized, responsive, and kept things moving on the big day.

Getting ready in Room 6 upstairs and knowing my groom and his groomsmen were just two cottages away eased any fears of travel issues. Walking down the deck stairs to the ceremony and meeting Kip's eyes in front of the gorgeous beach is a moment we will never forget.

We spend a lot of time on the Cape and have a family house in South Yarmouth - Lighthouse Inn gave us the ultimate Cape Cod wedding and was a fantastic destination for our guests traveling from out of town. Our wedding was on Friday and most guests stayed until Sunday and we have heard nothing but positive reviews about the various guest rooms and the entire West Dennis area.

Thank you, Bill and team! We will be back!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    The Lighthouse Inn 12
    The Lighthouse Inn 13
    The Lighthouse Inn 14
    The Lighthouse Inn 15

LAURA · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a wonderful time. The manager was flexible and met all of our special requests. The location is right on the water, which made the perfect setting for a beach wedding service. We were lucky to have had perfect weather! The food and service for dinner were great. I have no complaints, just an enjoyable reception all around.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/08/2018

We were married yesterday at the Lighthouse Inn. We flew in from Denver with an extremely small group attending, 10 in all including the bride and groom. Bill was incredibly helpful and so nice from the first contact with him. He made it so easy to plan everything from so far away. It was the most perfect day and such a perfect venue. With such a small group, the ceremony fee was a bit pricey however, with us coming from far away, being able to have the ceremony and venue at the same place, having everything taken care of, it was well worth it for us. For a larger wedding, i imagine it would be well worth it as well. I can't say enough about the venue, it was so perfect. Thank you to Bill and the wonderful people at the LHI for providing us the opportunity to have our wedding in the most perfect location!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Mary · Married on 09/01/2018

We absolutely loved the Lighthouse Inn for our wedding - and so did our guests! We had a large wedding with a ton of out-of-town guests, so we wanted some place laid back where everyone could stay together while also feeling like they were getting a little vacation. People ended up staying multiple nights and having a blast; kids especially loved it and want to go back every year. We did both our rehearsal dinner and our reception there. For the rehearsal, we did the lobster bake, which was a HUGE hit. My MIL also could not stop talking about breakfast - so great. And not only was the setting great but I heard nothing but positive feedback about the staff and how well they handled our large group. As the bride, I didn't notice any of it -- which actually is a good thing! Bill, the F&B manager is great, super flexible, and I felt like I didn't need to worry about anything. He was always accommodating. If I could do it again, I would still pick the Lighthouse Inn every time. Can't wait to go back.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Jenny · Married on 08/18/2018

I recently had my rehearsal dinner at the Lighthouse Inn, and the evening was beyond perfect. Right from the start, Bill (the Director of Food & Beverage) was polite, and responsive to my calls. I had a large group of 20 people, mostly from Ireland and the staff at the Lighthouse Inn accommodated everyone's dietary needs. Everyone in our party loved the restaurant, food, atmosphere and location. It is right on the water, and it has to be one of the prettiest spots on Cape Cod. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Joanie · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I got married at The Lighthouse Inn on Saturday June 16, 2018, and the entire day could not have been more perfect. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the view of the ocean during our ceremony was stunning. Everything from the food, to the service, to the room accommodations was outstanding. Bill Sherman, the Food and Beverage Manager at the LHI (although he does much more than that), is very responsive to calls and emails and is also very attentive to detail. He made sure that everything my husband and I envisioned on our special day was fulfilled. All of the servers and staff throughout the weekend were very nice and attentive as well. I literally have nothing to complain about, which can be unusual for a bride! One "perk" that the LHI provides is that it offers many on-site rooms and cottages for guests to stay in throughout the weekend. This was not only convenient for guests with small children and mobility challenges, but it also provided a huge sense of relief knowing that people would not be drinking and driving, since they only had to walk a few yards to their rooms from the reception site. (There is also a playground and a swimming pool that guests can use throughout their stay.) I would recommend reserving rooms early on, though, as they do sell out fairly quickly. Tiana and Judith in the reservation office are very helpful with this. Another "perk" is that there is a cottage on site called The Lodge, which has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, as well as a living room area on the first floor. Many of my bridesmaids stayed here, and we also got ready here before the ceremony. The hair stylist, makeup artist, and photographers were able to set up and do their prep work in the living room, so all of us were able to get ready and take photos together. Overall, the LHI exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to coming back for many anniversaries in the future!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/16/2017

The lighthouse inn was the perfect venue in terms of service, appearance, energy, and staff. Bill Sherman was unbelievably responsive and flexible with my ideas and schedule. He was extremely professional throughout the process and. Made my day go smoothly with zero stress. His suggestions and ideas were also invaluable and the day would not have been made without his presence and influence. Thank you to the entire lighthouse inn staff and bill Sherman for a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Eileen · Married on 09/16/2017

There is no better place than The Lighthouse Inn! The staff is so helpful, the location is beautiful, and the price is very reasonable compared to other venues in the area!

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2017

Always loved this venue. It was the perfect place for our wedding!

The Lighthouse Inn 16

Litza · Married on 09/16/2017

The service, the atmosphere, the food, everything was great! Thank you Lighthouse Inn for making our special day extra special!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/09/2017

Beautiful venue, friendly staff, Bill is so good at organizing everything you want so the day runs smoothly!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    The Lighthouse Inn 17

Tracy · Married on 09/08/2017

The best experience anyone could ever imagine! No complaints... have to say "this is the place" to celebrate any/important events in your life!....

Sent on 01/20/2018

Theresa · Married on 08/26/2017

Bill Sherman brought my vision to life and is blessed with an amazing staff. Thank you for all!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Robert · Married on 08/26/2017

With only a few months to plan my wife and I put together the wedding that is still being talked about, not only was the weather a 10!! the staff,surroundings and atmosphere and everything the lighthouse inn have to offer will never be forgotten!!!

Laurie · Married on 08/06/2017

We planned our wedding at the very last minute (as in, abooout a week) and Bill was just amazing! He walked us through every little detail and made sure we were ready for everything. The historical site is absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing (we chose the clambake where each guest can pick New York steak or lobster and it comes with a giant basket of seafood and veggies--with vegetarian and children's options available, too) and our families are still talking about how delicious it all was. We had our ceremony with our toes in the sand and then a cocktail hour at some cute little tables by the porch. The sun set perfectly over the sailboats behind our party and at the end of the night we gathered around the fire pit and lit off sparklers with all the kids. Honestly, the Lighthouse Inn is charming, beautiful, elegant, and cozy, and any other venue would have definitely charged us separately for using each different part of their property. Not only that, but Bill Sherman steps in and put on the hats of several different careers--he's with you from the start as an event organizer/wedding planner, and then he shows up for the actual day as a master of ceremonies, getting everyone organized and keeping everyone on schedule. You're not going to find a better, more relaxed but elegant place on the Cape to have your wedding! We saw a bigger ceremony take place before ours and they booked the cute little cabins all around the lighthouse for their guests, so everyone all stayed in one place and could swim and hang out together. If you are inviting a lot of people I highly recommend planning ahead and reserving rooms there to create your own happy little wedding village! The place is just elegant enough to be perfect without being imposing or unwelcoming to your guests, and the staff are all incredibly friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 10/30/2017
    The Lighthouse Inn 22
    The Lighthouse Inn 23
    The Lighthouse Inn 24

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2017

It was an absolute pleasure working with Bill and all of the staff at the Lighthouse Inn. They were professional and made my husband and I feel very well taken care of. The food was fantastic, our guests are still raving about it!
    I would definitely recommend The Lighthouse Inn for a truly special, unforgettable event!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Taren · Married on 09/18/2016

I can't tell you how much fun my husband and I had at our wedding. We planned everything over the phone as I live far away, after our initial visit to pick the venue. Even then, all the little details that I asked for were there and Bill was ready to help with anything we needed. It's a wonderful venue if you want to truly spend time with your guests. They can stay on the property and you can make it a weekend stay. We highly recommend and we wouldn't have changed anything!

Sent on 10/02/2016
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/11/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Lighthouse Inn on 9/11/16 and we could not have asked for a more perfect beach setting to celebrate our special day!
    Bill Sherman, whose official title is the Food and Beverage Coordinator, was much more than that title suggests in my opinion! He coordinated our entire wedding from our first meeting through our wedding night. He was well organized, easy to work with and stuck to his word on arrangements we had discussed all throughout the course of two years of wedding planning. Not to mention that most of our coordinating was done long distance as my husband and I live in Minneapolis!
    Bill worked with us to sort out the best seating arrangement and dance floor space for the amount of guests that we had at the reception ( about 105 of us in total). He's very knowledgeable about timelines and coordinating with vendors- he took a LOT of stress off of us when it came to setting up our flower arrangements, party favors and decorations. Bill even recommended the New England Clam bake reception dinner and we were all blown away with the presentation and taste!! I’m still dreaming of that lobster and we are still getting compliments on it! Well worth the price in my opinion!

All in all, we could not have chosen a better place and person to work with for our wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Jammi · Married on 08/20/2016

My wedding day was everything I had imagined. Bill and his staff were amazing! They were accommodating to all my guests and everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Aimee · Married on 08/19/2016

The lighthouse inn was a perfect wedding venue. Bill and his staff were absolutely wonderful. Bill is totally laid back and makes the wedding feel simple. They were quick and accommodating with all my requests! My guests all loved the inn and friends and family plan on coming back every year to visit this place. I couldn't of asked for a better day, better place or better people to work with. I can't say enough good things about this place, or the views. it was such an awesome wedding weekend and I can't wait to visit!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Julie · Married on 07/24/2016

We cannot thank Bill and his team enough for all the quality service they provided. We live out of town and Bill was great to work with through email and telephone, he is very responsive and gave us a great summary of what to expect. You can tell that he has a lot of experience, our wedding was so smooth, everything went off without a hitch and that was because of Bill's direction. We received many compliments on the food and the staff, especially Spencer who was great to work with. It is a beautiful, historic Cape location and it was so convenient to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. Everything is included in the price, food, linens, etc.. so it is one stop shopping, you don't need to get caterers and party rentals. There is an indoor space to get married should you have inclement weather and there is a discount if you get married on Friday or Sunday. I recommend getting one of the cottages on site, it was great to have a home base right there. They also rent whole houses out of property which is great if you have a lot of people traveling from out of town. We highly recommend the Lighthouse Inn!

Sent on 08/03/2016