The Lighthouse Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Janet
    Janet B. Married on 09/03/2021

Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party

Our son was married on 9/3/21, the Friday before Labor Day. The night before (9/2/21) we held both a rehearsal dinner and a welcome party for people who had arrived on Cape Cod the night before. Both events were very successful. Between the food, the service, the setting (right on the ocean), I could not have asked for more. Thank you Lighthouse Inn for a beautiful start to our son's wedding weekend. Even if it is just for dinner, we will be back to LightHouse Inn in the near future.
  • Gretchen
    Gretchen E. Married on 06/13/2021

Pandemic Wedding in June 2021

We were fortunate enough to find the Lighthouse Inn following our pandemic engagement in Sept 2020, recommended by a close friend whose family member had organized a pandemic wedding there with great success. From the beginning Bill the general manager was responsive and helpful. Our plans changed multiple times over the course of our 7 month planning adventure. Bill was there every step of the way keeping us up to date on restrictions and how that would impact our dream wedding. Come June our wedding had expanded to include more guests and more vendors with the last minute hire of a DJ and Bill couldn’t have been more accommodating. Most of our guests were able to stay on site for a tremendous weekend full of love, great weather, beach time and convenient activities for little ones like the mini golf, playground and pool. Accommodations were clean and conveniently close to the beachfront and each other. We are so grateful for this beautiful experience with the help of Bill, Cari (wedding day coord) and all their staff. We will be back for a family retreat next season!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 09/20/2020

The perfect venue!

If you're looking for a venue, you have found it! The Lighthouse Inn was not only beautiful, but they have the most incredible staff I have ever met! You get your very own contact person who has been planning weddings for a long time. He knows what goes right, what goes wrong, and how to make your day perfect.
    The location is gorgeous, inside and out. They can accommodate small weddings and large weddings, and they can keep you safe during the pandemic!
    The food is incredible - all of my guests were so impressed - I keep hearing that it was the best food they've had at a wedding!
    The staff are friendly and kind, and the service is amazing!
    The staff also work well with other vendors, and they even have a list of recommendations to help with your planning purposes!
    I never dreamed a pandemic wedding could be perfect, but the wonderful staff at the Lighthouse Inn ensured that it was! I am so thankful that we booked the Lighthouse Inn. It was certainly the best wedding we could have imagined!
  • Sydney
    Sydney B. Married on 09/13/2020

Simple and beautiful

I booked my wedding here and live about 3 hours away. Emailing was very quick with responses and they provided me with all the information I needed. I came to look at the place and fell in love. They had a wedding set up for a ceremony and we actually got to view it from afar. My first venue I looked at and did not need to see anymore, it is perfect. Can’t wait for the big day.

The Lighthouse Inn's reply:

Hi Sydney,

We are looking forward to your wedding. Please reach out to us when you are ready to start the planning process.
    Amanda Married on 08/29/2020

Excellent!

We originally had our wedding scheduled for May, Bill made rescheduling our date as easy as possible. For our new date in August, Bill worked with us to ensure all COVID guidelines were met so that us and all of our guests could enjoy the day without worry. On the weekend of our wedding, a tropical storm was coming up the coast and we were very worried about being able to keep the ceremony outside. Bill, again, came through for us and monitored the weather all morning, and had contingency plans in place in case we had to make a switch at the last minute. Luck was on our side and we were able to keep the ceremony outside as planned. The food for both our cocktail hour and dinner was amazing. The staff made the entire evening flow wonderfully. I would highly recommend The Lighthouse Inn for anyone looking for a beach wedding on Cape Cod!
  • Shannon
    Shannon R. Married on 06/19/2020

Perfect Cape Cod Venue

Such a beautiful venue that is perfect for someone looking for the classic Cape Cod wedding. Right on the beach for beautiful photos. Most importantly the staff, especially Bill, was incredibly supportive and helpful.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 10/05/2019

It was like a vacation...

This was the perfect venue for us. My husband (that's still so weird) and I are from huge families and we wanted a place where people could stay and be comfortable. Our siblings and friends all have children, and adults and kids alike LOVED the grounds. Between dancing, playing shuffle board or mini golf, walking out on the jetty, or just having a drink by the sea with dear friends, everyone had a blast. The view- we'll it's pretty unbeatable. We had fantastic weather, but I'm willing to bet a stormy day would be super cozy there as well! We are still receiving glowing reviews. The venue was personal, cozy yet spacious, the staff was very helpful, the food was great (get the red pepper cream sauce on pasta!), and the mood was relaxed and happy. Added bonus- many of the guests stayed there overnight. The visit was extended through the night and at breakfast the next day.
    Thank you Lighthouse Inn!
  • Jen
    Jen S. Married on 09/07/2019

Ocean front rehearsal dinner

We used the Lighthouse Inn for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. Bill was great to work with throughout the whole planning process. He responded quickly to all our emails and was flexible with menu options. All our guests enjoyed it there and the service was great! The staff was so friendly and the food was incredible! I would absolutely recommend The Lighthouse Inn for a rehearsal dinner. My family has also eaten there for dinner and stayed at the hotel multiple times and would recommend going there for any occasion! Beautiful building, great views, awesome staff.
  • Chrissy
    Chrissy Married on 08/24/2019

Best day of our lives!

My husband and I were expecting a quaint, cute Cape Cod wedding. We were blown away from what we got. Bill Sherman is so organized, thorough, and prompt. My main priority in vendors is customer service and after visiting the lighthouse inn (the first Venue I visited) I immediately put down our deposit.

Everything went so smoothly. We couldn’t be happier with our decision to get married here. The food was outstanding- I highly HIGHLY recommended the NE clambake. Bill continuously checked in on us during the ceremony. He was even bussing tables at one point. The beauty of the location was what made the Lighthouse Inn so appealing. The professionalism and efficiency is what made this wedding the most perfect we could have ask for. We keep being told how we had the most beautiful wedding of the year!
    Erin Married on 09/21/2018
    We cannot say enough good things about Bill and the entire Lighthouse Inn staff. It was incredible to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one gorgeous spot! The beach setting for our ceremony, deck for cocktails and apps and the DELICIOUS clam bake dinner were simply perfect. Our guests could not stop raving about the entire day.

Bill was awesome to work with for the 9 months we spent planning our big day. He was organized, responsive, and kept things moving on the big day.

Getting ready in Room 6 upstairs and knowing my groom and his groomsmen were just two cottages away eased any fears of travel issues. Walking down the deck stairs to the ceremony and meeting Kip's eyes in front of the gorgeous beach is a moment we will never forget.

We spend a lot of time on the Cape and have a family house in South Yarmouth - Lighthouse Inn gave us the ultimate Cape Cod wedding and was a fantastic destination for our guests traveling from out of town. Our wedding was on Friday and most guests stayed until Sunday and we have heard nothing but positive reviews about the various guest rooms and the entire West Dennis area.

Thank you, Bill and team! We will be back!

Laura Married on 09/15/2018
    We had a wonderful time. The manager was flexible and met all of our special requests. The location is right on the water, which made the perfect setting for a beach wedding service. We were lucky to have had perfect weather! The food and service for dinner were great. I have no complaints, just an enjoyable reception all around.
    Jacqueline Married on 09/08/2018
    We were married yesterday at the Lighthouse Inn. We flew in from Denver with an extremely small group attending, 10 in all including the bride and groom. Bill was incredibly helpful and so nice from the first contact with him. He made it so easy to plan everything from so far away. It was the most perfect day and such a perfect venue. With such a small group, the ceremony fee was a bit pricey however, with us coming from far away, being able to have the ceremony and venue at the same place, having everything taken care of, it was well worth it for us. For a larger wedding, i imagine it would be well worth it as well. I can't say enough about the venue, it was so perfect. Thank you to Bill and the wonderful people at the LHI for providing us the opportunity to have our wedding in the most perfect location!
    Mary Married on 09/01/2018
    We absolutely loved the Lighthouse Inn for our wedding - and so did our guests! We had a large wedding with a ton of out-of-town guests, so we wanted some place laid back where everyone could stay together while also feeling like they were getting a little vacation. People ended up staying multiple nights and having a blast; kids especially loved it and want to go back every year. We did both our rehearsal dinner and our reception there. For the rehearsal, we did the lobster bake, which was a HUGE hit. My MIL also could not stop talking about breakfast - so great. And not only was the setting great but I heard nothing but positive feedback about the staff and how well they handled our large group. As the bride, I didn't notice any of it -- which actually is a good thing! Bill, the F&B manager is great, super flexible, and I felt like I didn't need to worry about anything. He was always accommodating. If I could do it again, I would still pick the Lighthouse Inn every time. Can't wait to go back.
    Jenny Married on 08/18/2018
    I recently had my rehearsal dinner at the Lighthouse Inn, and the evening was beyond perfect. Right from the start, Bill (the Director of Food & Beverage) was polite, and responsive to my calls. I had a large group of 20 people, mostly from Ireland and the staff at the Lighthouse Inn accommodated everyone's dietary needs. Everyone in our party loved the restaurant, food, atmosphere and location. It is right on the water, and it has to be one of the prettiest spots on Cape Cod. You will not be disappointed!
    Joanie Married on 06/16/2018
    My husband and I got married at The Lighthouse Inn on Saturday June 16, 2018, and the entire day could not have been more perfect. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the view of the ocean during our ceremony was stunning. Everything from the food, to the service, to the room accommodations was outstanding. Bill Sherman, the Food and Beverage Manager at the LHI (although he does much more than that), is very responsive to calls and emails and is also very attentive to detail. He made sure that everything my husband and I envisioned on our special day was fulfilled. All of the servers and staff throughout the weekend were very nice and attentive as well. I literally have nothing to complain about, which can be unusual for a bride! One "perk" that the LHI provides is that it offers many on-site rooms and cottages for guests to stay in throughout the weekend. This was not only convenient for guests with small children and mobility challenges, but it also provided a huge sense of relief knowing that people would not be drinking and driving, since they only had to walk a few yards to their rooms from the reception site. (There is also a playground and a swimming pool that guests can use throughout their stay.) I would recommend reserving rooms early on, though, as they do sell out fairly quickly. Tiana and Judith in the reservation office are very helpful with this. Another "perk" is that there is a cottage on site called The Lodge, which has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, as well as a living room area on the first floor. Many of my bridesmaids stayed here, and we also got ready here before the ceremony. The hair stylist, makeup artist, and photographers were able to set up and do their prep work in the living room, so all of us were able to get ready and take photos together. Overall, the LHI exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to coming back for many anniversaries in the future!
    Morgan Married on 10/16/2017
    The lighthouse inn was the perfect venue in terms of service, appearance, energy, and staff. Bill Sherman was unbelievably responsive and flexible with my ideas and schedule. He was extremely professional throughout the process and. Made my day go smoothly with zero stress. His suggestions and ideas were also invaluable and the day would not have been made without his presence and influence. Thank you to the entire lighthouse inn staff and bill Sherman for a wonderful wedding!
    Eileen Married on 09/16/2017
    There is no better place than The Lighthouse Inn! The staff is so helpful, the location is beautiful, and the price is very reasonable compared to other venues in the area!
    Litza Married on 09/16/2017
    The service, the atmosphere, the food, everything was great! Thank you Lighthouse Inn for making our special day extra special!
    Courtney Married on 09/16/2017
    Always loved this venue. It was the perfect place for our wedding!
    Natalie Married on 09/09/2017
    Beautiful venue, friendly staff, Bill is so good at organizing everything you want so the day runs smoothly!
    Tracy Married on 09/08/2017
    The best experience anyone could ever imagine! No complaints... have to say "this is the place" to celebrate any/important events in your life!....
    Theresa Married on 08/26/2017
    Bill Sherman brought my vision to life and is blessed with an amazing staff. Thank you for all!
    Robert Married on 08/26/2017
    With only a few months to plan my wife and I put together the wedding that is still being talked about, not only was the weather a 10!! the staff,surroundings and atmosphere and everything the lighthouse inn have to offer will never be forgotten!!!
    Laurie Married on 08/06/2017
    We planned our wedding at the very last minute (as in, abooout a week) and Bill was just amazing! He walked us through every little detail and made sure we were ready for everything. The historical site is absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing (we chose the clambake where each guest can pick New York steak or lobster and it comes with a giant basket of seafood and veggies--with vegetarian and children's options available, too) and our families are still talking about how delicious it all was. We had our ceremony with our toes in the sand and then a cocktail hour at some cute little tables by the porch. The sun set perfectly over the sailboats behind our party and at the end of the night we gathered around the fire pit and lit off sparklers with all the kids. Honestly, the Lighthouse Inn is charming, beautiful, elegant, and cozy, and any other venue would have definitely charged us separately for using each different part of their property. Not only that, but Bill Sherman steps in and put on the hats of several different careers--he's with you from the start as an event organizer/wedding planner, and then he shows up for the actual day as a master of ceremonies, getting everyone organized and keeping everyone on schedule. You're not going to find a better, more relaxed but elegant place on the Cape to have your wedding! We saw a bigger ceremony take place before ours and they booked the cute little cabins all around the lighthouse for their guests, so everyone all stayed in one place and could swim and hang out together. If you are inviting a lot of people I highly recommend planning ahead and reserving rooms there to create your own happy little wedding village! The place is just elegant enough to be perfect without being imposing or unwelcoming to your guests, and the staff are all incredibly friendly and accommodating.
    Victoria Married on 06/23/2017
    It was an absolute pleasure working with Bill and all of the staff at the Lighthouse Inn. They were professional and made my husband and I feel very well taken care of. The food was fantastic, our guests are still raving about it!
    I would definitely recommend The Lighthouse Inn for a truly special, unforgettable event!