The Liberty Hotel Reviews

31 Reviews for The Liberty Hotel

1 User photo

The Liberty Hotel 1

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2017

Amazing venue! Great Space, Great Food, Great Service, Great Staff!

Tom · Married on 06/03/2017

Stefanie and Mercy were fantastic! My wife and I had the best wedding we could have imagined. Thanks to both of them and the whole team for an unbelievable experience.

-Tom

S · Married on 04/21/2017

The Liberty Hotel was the setting for our Friday night wedding in April and it was without a doubt everything we wanted and then some. We worked with Bridget to coordinate the planning of our wedding and she was fantastic to work with - extremely detail oriented, responsive to requests and engaged throughout the entire process. From assisting with the selecting location for the ceremony onsite, to coordinating the reception venue, food and beverage, or ensuring that accommodations for out of town guests were top notch, Bridget and her staff went above and beyond on every detail. The catering service was exceptional and the quality of the food can't be topped. Bottom line, if you are looking for a unique, historic venue for your wedding, you can't go wrong choosing the Liberty Hotel.

Veronica · Married on 11/05/2016

The Liberty Hotel was the first and only venue I looked into when deciding where to get married. I loved the idea that is use to be the old Charles Street jail and felt that it was a perfectly unique location to have my uniquely perfect wedding! Bridget Luddy worked with and guided me through the entire planning process. She literally was by my side for 18 months with anything I needed, whenever I needed it. She became a built in best friend. The staff was always helpful and almost as excited for my day as I was. Then ensured things ran smoothly and were right there if I needed them. The location couldn't have been more beautiful for my day. (They even had beautiful new carpet put down the week prior.) I could never imagine getting married anywhere else and would recommend this location for anyone looking for a fun, non traditional and historic venue. It is full of glamour and elegance right in the heart of Boston.

Bridgette luddy was our planner she was amazing she relieved so much stress! She was so accomidating and helpful. I would definitely recommend the entire staff to anyone

Absolutely loved our wedding at the Liberty! It was such a unique, chic wedding venue - from the fifth floor cocktail hour to the ballroom with trendy chandeliers. We loved all the great spots to take wedding pictures as well - it makes for some really cool pictures (Ebersol suite, by the windows on the 5th floor, outside by the jail doors)! We had about 115 guests, which fit great in the ballroom. The food was delicious as well - we had so many compliments on how great the food was and what a unique venue it was. It was one of a kind! Our wedding coordinator was able to answer all of our questions along the way, although she was slow at responding at times. Definitely recommend the Liberty for an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue!

The prison vibe got the obvious ball and chain jokes now but that those are out of way lets get to the review. The venue is funky, fun, and surprisingly cheap relative to similar venues in the area. The food was awesome and they were flexible in their accommodations. Our wedding hosted 130 people and giving the room the fullness for a great party. We held our reception on the rotunda above the main lobby providing a great and fun environment for mingling. For any couple that is seeking to get married in a modern, different, and trendy space the Liberty is for you.

Eric and Joanna · Married on 09/06/2014

It was an absolute pleasure working with The Liberty Hotel. Bridget was our banquet coordinator and she did a wonderful job. She worked closely with us over the course of the year and was very accommodating. Bridget was friendly and professional throughout the entire process, especially during the final weeks when details were being finalized and last minute changes were made.

The hotel staff from top to bottom made us feel like VIP's the entire weekend. We were made to feel as if the hotel was our home for the wedding weekend. All of our guests commented that the service was top notch. The food was excellent and the chef was very accommodating with the dietary restrictions of some of our guests.

We would highly recommend working with Bridget and The Liberty Hotel. We could not have been more happy with how our wedding weekend turned out.

I recently had my morning wedding and lunch reception at the Liberty Hotel and have nothing short of an absolutely fabulous and memorable experience! It’s important to note that to book early- we had our wedding booked out about a year in advance and had the pleasure of working with Erinne from the very start. Many folks remark that the closer the date the more troublesome it gets to work with the venue- but that was totally NOT the case with us. Erinne paced us throughout the year to make sure everything we needed for the wedding was on time and we completed several walk through visits with various vendors and coordination for the day of the event.

I would also highlight that our wedding was a Persian/Pakistani wedding- Erinne handled all the cultural elements with perfection, she even organized my wedding procession the day of (because she made sure I wrote it out several days before and reviewed with her). I would also remark that we didn't do outside food for the day of the wedding- we met with the in-house chef and he did a culturally appropriate wedding menu specific to our backgrounds and the food was DELICIOUS! Everyone was talking about how it was just a perfect fusion menu- and we were happy that it was reasonably priced for the venue. For appetizers we had Veggie Samosas, Beef Skewers, Arancini Balls and Coconut Fried Shrimp in a Sweet Chili Sauce. For the Lunch Reception menu we had Harissa Spiced Lamb (cooked really well- Lamb is difficult to master), Organic Chicken with Cous Cous, Black Lentils with Veggies, Dolma (grape leaves stuffed with rice), Saffron Rice, Naan and Salad. We had folks asking to take the food home- and both Pakistani and Persian wedding guests are extremely picky about the food and wedding spread.

Last but not least- my side of the family came in from all over the world and really enjoyed staying at the venue and also access to several restaurants on-site and the great location!

What an amazing venue. We could not be happier with the amazing service, outstanding food, and fabulous time we had at our wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Erinne, made the process so easy and stress free!! So accommodating to our needs throughout the planning and during the wedding. We highly recommend the Liberty Hotel to anyone looking for a classy wedding!! We are still receiving compliments about the food and venue. What the most incredible night we will never forget! Thank you everyone at the Liberty!

Stacy · Married on 10/05/2013

I'm struggling to put into words just how amazing and perfect our experience with the Liberty Hotel and specifically our coordinator Erinne Bundrock was. The venue, set up, food, and service far exceeded my expectations, and was well worth the money spent. Errinne is a seasoned professional, whos steady, knowledgeable hand in executing events will calm the nerves of any bride. She is extremely detail oriented, responsive, and confident. There is literally NO VENUE in Boston that can offer the "wow" factor that our guests experienced when they walked through the front doors into that beautiful rotunda, when they walked outside into the well manicured yard, and when they swung open the doors to the dimly lit, sexy, intimate ballroom. The food was bar none in presentation AND in flavor, the staff was pristine and floated through the dining room with grace and smiles. I would suggest this venue to any bride with a decent budget, who wants to have a stress free planning experience, and an evening that your guests will think you must have spent 3x the money on. Outstanding!

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2013

Brides-to-be:
    We hosted our wedding reception at The Liberty Hotel. And though nothing goes entirely perfect on THE day, I can say it was of no fault of this vendor.
    We worked closely with Erinne Bundrock, the day-of-wedding coordinator, for eighteen months. Despite her relentless traveling demands and many other professional engagements, Erinne remained patient, present, professional, communicative, but (most importantly) pleasant. She is incredibly thorough and does not disappoint.
    Other important points of praise:
    The food presentation and quality was terrific. We had good but brief experiences with other hotel representatives: Mercy Budka, Brittany. The rooms, the hotel and the overall service is nonpareil.

Brittany

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2012

I was so beyond impressed with the Liberty Hotel. I'm not one for a typical wedding and the Liberty made my dreams come true to have a unique and fun party for a wedding. We had our ceremony in the yard and it was absolutely beautiful, and we had our reception on the 5th floor balcony with our dance floor in the Esplanade room. People loved how unique the hotel was and I loved the coziness of the dance floor.

Our wedding coordinator began as Catherine, who was great but ended up leaving, and ended with Erinne who was so great to work with. She moved right in and took care of everything perfectly! I was so pleased with how everyone handled us and our unusual requests (dog for ring bearer!) I would do it all over again with the Liberty if I could!

• Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/03/2009

Michelle Poulin, the Catering Manager and our main contact, and the rest of her staff were positively incredible to work with! Michelle was on top of every detail at every moment of every day. She was always available and put out fires with other vendors, easing the pressure on my fiance and I. She was a pure pleasure to work with!

The hotel is gorgeous and the room set up for the reception was beautiful, as well. The staff did an amazing job creating the perfect atmosphere for the reception.

I would highly recommend The Liberty Hotel to anyone looking for a city wedding!!

Crystal · Married on 09/18/2009

I abosultely LOVE The Liberty Hotel. It was a blast working with the catering manager to coordinate everything and I couldn't have received better service. Top Notch Quality and Service throughout. I would HIGHLY recommend The Liberty Hotel to any and all brides looking for a venue for their big day. I am still receiving compliments on how INCREDIBLY AWESOME AND FUN the wedding was.

Ann · Getting married on 06/29/2019

Meet with Christina a few times. Be patient during the process. She was wonderful.
    I can not begin to say enough positive things about having a wedding at the Liberty Hotel. We were unsure at first whether to choose this venue but kept coming back as we looked at other Boston Hotels. There is something unique about the Liberty. All our requests and accommodations were honored. They have a stellar team. Special kudos to Christina Chunias our Event Planner and Mercy Budka our Banquet Manager. They both watched out for our entire family and bridal party during our hotel stay and during the wedding reception. They checked in frequently to see if we needed anything. They both took great care to organize all our special effects from home. Highly recommend them.

Gunjan · Married on 07/01/2017

We had our wedding at the Liberty Hotel this July. We looked at close to 10 venues before choosing the Liberty Hotel. Bridget the wedding coordinator was simply amazing, she was responsive and flexible and made sure our vision was made a reality. The food and service were great and we were told by multiple guests that it was one the best weddings they had attended. People came from all over the world and were impressed with the quality of the hotel. Oh and the Ebersol suite they upgraded us to for our wedding weekend was sweet! The Liberty Hotel provided us the best bang for our buck and if I had to throw another big party in Boston again I wouldn't think twice about where to throw it- the Liberty of course!

Cathy · Married on 08/04/2018

My daughter's wedding was an amazing day...despite the ceremony needing to be moved inside due to torrential rain earlier in the day. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, the venue so unique and guests are still commenting on how great it all was. Bridget was very responsive leading up to the event and was very attentive the day and night of. Perfect location for out of town guests.

Michelle · Married on 01/23/2016

We couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding at the Liberty Hotel! The venue was absolutely beautiful! We had our ceremony in the ballroom, cocktail hour on the 5th floor rotunda, and dinner (& dancing) back down in the ballroom. We were a littler nervous with using the ballroom for the two main events of our wedding, but the transformation from ceremony to dinner was spectacular! We worked with Erinne and she was just wonderful - very responsive and detail-oriented. The only reason that the we cannot give the Liberty Hotel a 5.0/5.0 is due to a rude and unprofessional bartender that was at both our cocktail hour and reception. My husband and I didn't realize that his father had to talk to the main event coordinator of the evening (who was not Erinne) during the reception to get the bartender removed. We had such a beautiful wedding and it's sad that we have had several guests say after the fact that our wedding was absolutely perfect except for the bartender who didn't properly serve our guests (including my mother-in-law). There was really nothing that the Liberty Hotel could have done to prevent this occurrence. However, I wish I had known earlier in the evening that there was an issue because the bartender would have been removed sooner. Overall, we were very happy with the Liberty Hotel. We had such a wonderful experience and created lasting memories from our beautiful winter wedding!

• amandav1985

Amanda · Married on 11/05/2011

I LOVED getting married at the Liberty Hotel. You couldn't ask for a cooler, sexier, more unique venue, which made the photos and the experience just amazing. Christina Chunias was my point person and handled our event with the utmost professionalism - she was so on point about every single detail, it was like a dream for a stressed out, long distance bride. The wedding itself was magical. The space, the food, the service, the lighting, the ambience, the everything... I wanted my guests to feel special and like they were out on the town in a really swanky place, and we definitely achieved that. Everyone still says to me - months later - how incredible, fun and beautiful our wedding was. I can't even imagine getting married anywhere else. If you are looking for a wedding venue that isn't a traditional "wedding factory" banquet hall or inn, and if you're looking for something that will wow your guests and leave you as a bride feeling speechless, I would highly recommend looking into the Liberty Hotel. I only deducted a couple points because it is very pricey - and I say this coming from NY where things are outrageous - so you have to be willing to shell out some $$$ to make your Liberty Hotel wedding your dream wedding. But honestly, it's so worth it.

Hilary · Married on 08/13/2016

The Liberty was able to provide exactly what we wanted -- a city wedding with the ceremony, reception, after party and guest hotel rooms all in one place. Christina was great to work with and helped our day come together!

Kimberly · Married on 06/27/2015

We had our wedding at The Liberty Hotel and our guests are still talking about the venue. It is such a unique spot that offers great potential for photos. The staff took care of everything for us that day and we couldn't be more grateful. There weren't any issues and we were able to enjoy our day without worrying about any logistics/details. They were even able to offer us the Ebersol Suite for our wedding day/night. It was perfect!

Beth · Married on 04/02/2011

3.5

The attention to detail and professional service we received at the Liberty was amazing. Every single person we worked with from Parking Valet staff to servers in the ballroom to the wonderful conseirge made our day perfect. Christina, the Catering Director was wonderful and attentive. The food got rave reviews from everyone at our reception. The rooms for the guests were great and again service and staff went well above and beyond. I would not change a thing.

Julie Ann · Married on 05/24/2009

3.5

Christina Chunias!!! She made our reception planning and execution a dream.