The Liberty Hotel Reviews

The Liberty Hotel 6
The Liberty Hotel 7
  • Phyllis

Phyllis · Married on 08/23/2019

This Boston venue is a gem!

We held a wedding reception in the courtyard. It is such a unique and beautiful setting. Ideal for a summer evening. The venue looked great, the food was delicious, and everything exceeded our expectations! Every staff person at the hotel was so helpful and so accommodating. The planning went off without a hitch. From the moment we arrived until we checked out the next day after a fabulous breakfast for our hotel guests, the level of service was outstanding.

Sent on 09/12/2019

The Liberty Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for this exceptional review! We have shared your kind words with our team, and appreciate this exemplary feedback regarding our unique venue and friendly staff - thank you again and for choosing The Liberty for your special day!

Rebecca Long · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing Venue!

We had an absolutely amazing experience at the Liberty Hotel! Christina was a wonderful coordinator and excellent communicator! The chef observed quietly from the corner as the guests loved their meals! My husband loved this as he is a chef himself! We also held our ceremony in the courtyard which was also seamless! The one thing that could be tricky was making payments but the finance department was also great to work with! Everything was absolutely perfect and could not have asked for a better overall experience!

Sent on 08/14/2019
    The Liberty Hotel 12
    The Liberty Hotel 13
    The Liberty Hotel 14

The Liberty Hotel's reply:

Thank you for this excellent review! We appreciate the complimentary remarks regarding your wedding experience at The Liberty. To hear that every detail was exceptional is the utmost compliment, and we will share this feedback with our team. Thank you again!
  • Carly

Carly Roberts · Married on 05/03/2019

Perfect Venue

We had our wedding at the Liberty Hotel on a Friday in May 2019 and simply put, it was the best day thanks to Bridget and the Liberty staff. We had our ceremony and reception in the ballroom and cocktail hour on the 5th floor rotunda.

The venue itself is beautiful and the atmosphere of the hotel contributed to the energy of our wedding and allowed us to keep the party going even after the reception ended - the lobby bar area serves for a great after party location! Our guests loved the history of the hotel, the space and are still commenting on how it made for such a fun and beautiful wedding.

Bridget was fantastic in the planning process and during the weekend. She held my hand throughout the entire process and was patient with my many questions. On the weekend of the wedding, she flawlessly executed by making sure everything happened exactly as it was supposed to. The rest of the Liberty staff is fantastic as well, accommodating to our guests' needs throughout the entire weekend. The waitstaff during the wedding catered to the needs of our guests, as well as a few dietary restrictions and serious allergies. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the food, the staff, and the service.

Would absolutely recommend the Liberty to anyone looking for a beautiful and FUN wedding at a reasonable price.

Sent on 05/22/2019

The Liberty Hotel's reply:

Wow, what an amazing review! To hear that every aspect of your wedding was flawless is the utmost compliment; we will be sure to share this complimentary feedback with our team. Thank you for choosing The Liberty for your wedding.
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Wedding Weekend

We had a wonderful wedding weekend at the Liberty Hotel! We held our ceremony, reception and post-wedding brunch there. Bridget was patient and accommodating during the planning process. The weekend went smoothly as Bridget, Daniel, Mercy and the rest of the hotel staff were attentive all weekend long. Our guests were wowed as soon as they checked in and saw the hotel's multi-story rotunda, received champagne at check in and then went to their modern rooms with beautiful views of the city or the Charles River. The only complaint from some of our out of town guests was the $57 charge for overnight valet parking---we did tell them in advance of this price and explained it was normal for this part of the city. We loved the food options that the hotel offered for our event and their sensitivity to our guest's various food allergies and dietary restrictions. Our wedding photos in the rotunda, outdoor courtyard and the surrounding Beacon Hill neighborhood are one of a kind. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 12/23/2018
  • Laura

Laura Brewer · Married on 11/11/2018

Perfect Day!

Would have a wedding over and over and over again at the Liberty. First, because I know it's on couples' minds when they're doing their initial search: we looked at several venues at the Liberty definitely had the most bang for our buck. It was luxury, top notch service, food, and scenery for less than other venues in the heart of Boston cost. Now to experience: our guests absolutely RAVED about how beautiful and fun our wedding was. We even originally planned to have the ceremony outside and moving it inside did not sacrifice its beauty one bit. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and the wedding staff was AMAZING with whom to work. I do not have enough great things to say about Jacob, our event manager. He was so responsive to my 8 MILLION emails during the planning stage and extremely responsive the entire weekend we stayed at the Liberty. He keeps telling me I was totally fine and not to apologize but I just know I was a very high maintenance, intensely scheduled bride and he was so patient, friendly, and on top of things. The catering staff at our wedding was extremely friendly and helpful and the food was SO amazing. Those tacos... don't even get me started. Forget what people say about not eating at your own wedding - I was an absolute happy cow by the end. Our guests have told us, repeatedly, how great the food was too! It also is a HUGE help to have everything in one place. Our whole wedding party and family stayed at the Liberty which made coordinating so much easier. On top of everything, we had a few issues with some customer service with ancillary hotel staff and when I brought that to Jacob's attention after the wedding, I was almost immediately contacted by the Liberty manager who could not have been more gracious in apologizing and doing whatever he could to make sure we felt completely taken care of after our wedding. I have no doubt those experiences were isolated and will not happen again when we stay for our anniversary!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    The Liberty Hotel 15

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2018

The Liberty Hotel is a very special venue to me and my husband. We have celebrated anniversaries, had staycations and even got engaged at the Liberty Hotel. So it was obvious where we were going to have a wedding. We booked the venue in May 2016 for our wedding on 8/18/18. We worked with Bridget Luddy from beginning to end. She was enthusiastic, responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. She became a friend and somewhat a therapist when I was freaking out. Bridget's opinions were very helpful when we had to make decisions. She was like the perfect wedding planner that came along with the venue. During that day, everything was organized and she kept us happy and calm. Daniel and Mercy who are a part of the food/beverage team were very helpful throughout the night as well too. We had an American-British-Chinese wedding, and all the guests from the various cultures enjoyed their whole night. We received multiple compliments on how good the food was from start to finish ex. "everything at the cocktail hour was delicious, meat was cooked perfectly and creme brûlée was amazing." Good thing we do not have to go through this whole process again, but we highly enjoyed working with Bridget and the Liberty.

Sent on 09/04/2018
    The Liberty Hotel 16

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2017

Amazing venue! Great Space, Great Food, Great Service, Great Staff!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Tom · Married on 06/03/2017

Stefanie and Mercy were fantastic! My wife and I had the best wedding we could have imagined. Thanks to both of them and the whole team for an unbelievable experience.

-Tom

Sent on 06/21/2017

S · Married on 04/21/2017

The Liberty Hotel was the setting for our Friday night wedding in April and it was without a doubt everything we wanted and then some. We worked with Bridget to coordinate the planning of our wedding and she was fantastic to work with - extremely detail oriented, responsive to requests and engaged throughout the entire process. From assisting with the selecting location for the ceremony onsite, to coordinating the reception venue, food and beverage, or ensuring that accommodations for out of town guests were top notch, Bridget and her staff went above and beyond on every detail. The catering service was exceptional and the quality of the food can't be topped. Bottom line, if you are looking for a unique, historic venue for your wedding, you can't go wrong choosing the Liberty Hotel.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Veronica · Married on 11/05/2016

The Liberty Hotel was the first and only venue I looked into when deciding where to get married. I loved the idea that is use to be the old Charles Street jail and felt that it was a perfectly unique location to have my uniquely perfect wedding! Bridget Luddy worked with and guided me through the entire planning process. She literally was by my side for 18 months with anything I needed, whenever I needed it. She became a built in best friend. The staff was always helpful and almost as excited for my day as I was. Then ensured things ran smoothly and were right there if I needed them. The location couldn't have been more beautiful for my day. (They even had beautiful new carpet put down the week prior.) I could never imagine getting married anywhere else and would recommend this location for anyone looking for a fun, non traditional and historic venue. It is full of glamour and elegance right in the heart of Boston.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Bridgette luddy was our planner she was amazing she relieved so much stress! She was so accomidating and helpful. I would definitely recommend the entire staff to anyone

Sent on 05/19/2016

Absolutely loved our wedding at the Liberty! It was such a unique, chic wedding venue - from the fifth floor cocktail hour to the ballroom with trendy chandeliers. We loved all the great spots to take wedding pictures as well - it makes for some really cool pictures (Ebersol suite, by the windows on the 5th floor, outside by the jail doors)! We had about 115 guests, which fit great in the ballroom. The food was delicious as well - we had so many compliments on how great the food was and what a unique venue it was. It was one of a kind! Our wedding coordinator was able to answer all of our questions along the way, although she was slow at responding at times. Definitely recommend the Liberty for an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue!

Sent on 01/15/2016

The prison vibe got the obvious ball and chain jokes now but that those are out of way lets get to the review. The venue is funky, fun, and surprisingly cheap relative to similar venues in the area. The food was awesome and they were flexible in their accommodations. Our wedding hosted 130 people and giving the room the fullness for a great party. We held our reception on the rotunda above the main lobby providing a great and fun environment for mingling. For any couple that is seeking to get married in a modern, different, and trendy space the Liberty is for you.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Eric and Joanna · Married on 09/06/2014

It was an absolute pleasure working with The Liberty Hotel. Bridget was our banquet coordinator and she did a wonderful job. She worked closely with us over the course of the year and was very accommodating. Bridget was friendly and professional throughout the entire process, especially during the final weeks when details were being finalized and last minute changes were made.

The hotel staff from top to bottom made us feel like VIP's the entire weekend. We were made to feel as if the hotel was our home for the wedding weekend. All of our guests commented that the service was top notch. The food was excellent and the chef was very accommodating with the dietary restrictions of some of our guests.

We would highly recommend working with Bridget and The Liberty Hotel. We could not have been more happy with how our wedding weekend turned out.

Sent on 09/23/2014

I recently had my morning wedding and lunch reception at the Liberty Hotel and have nothing short of an absolutely fabulous and memorable experience! It’s important to note that to book early- we had our wedding booked out about a year in advance and had the pleasure of working with Erinne from the very start. Many folks remark that the closer the date the more troublesome it gets to work with the venue- but that was totally NOT the case with us. Erinne paced us throughout the year to make sure everything we needed for the wedding was on time and we completed several walk through visits with various vendors and coordination for the day of the event.

I would also highlight that our wedding was a Persian/Pakistani wedding- Erinne handled all the cultural elements with perfection, she even organized my wedding procession the day of (because she made sure I wrote it out several days before and reviewed with her). I would also remark that we didn't do outside food for the day of the wedding- we met with the in-house chef and he did a culturally appropriate wedding menu specific to our backgrounds and the food was DELICIOUS! Everyone was talking about how it was just a perfect fusion menu- and we were happy that it was reasonably priced for the venue. For appetizers we had Veggie Samosas, Beef Skewers, Arancini Balls and Coconut Fried Shrimp in a Sweet Chili Sauce. For the Lunch Reception menu we had Harissa Spiced Lamb (cooked really well- Lamb is difficult to master), Organic Chicken with Cous Cous, Black Lentils with Veggies, Dolma (grape leaves stuffed with rice), Saffron Rice, Naan and Salad. We had folks asking to take the food home- and both Pakistani and Persian wedding guests are extremely picky about the food and wedding spread.

Last but not least- my side of the family came in from all over the world and really enjoyed staying at the venue and also access to several restaurants on-site and the great location!

Sent on 08/06/2014

What an amazing venue. We could not be happier with the amazing service, outstanding food, and fabulous time we had at our wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Erinne, made the process so easy and stress free!! So accommodating to our needs throughout the planning and during the wedding. We highly recommend the Liberty Hotel to anyone looking for a classy wedding!! We are still receiving compliments about the food and venue. What the most incredible night we will never forget! Thank you everyone at the Liberty!

Sent on 01/04/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/05/2013

I'm struggling to put into words just how amazing and perfect our experience with the Liberty Hotel and specifically our coordinator Erinne Bundrock was. The venue, set up, food, and service far exceeded my expectations, and was well worth the money spent. Errinne is a seasoned professional, whos steady, knowledgeable hand in executing events will calm the nerves of any bride. She is extremely detail oriented, responsive, and confident. There is literally NO VENUE in Boston that can offer the "wow" factor that our guests experienced when they walked through the front doors into that beautiful rotunda, when they walked outside into the well manicured yard, and when they swung open the doors to the dimly lit, sexy, intimate ballroom. The food was bar none in presentation AND in flavor, the staff was pristine and floated through the dining room with grace and smiles. I would suggest this venue to any bride with a decent budget, who wants to have a stress free planning experience, and an evening that your guests will think you must have spent 3x the money on. Outstanding!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2013

Brides-to-be:
    We hosted our wedding reception at The Liberty Hotel. And though nothing goes entirely perfect on THE day, I can say it was of no fault of this vendor.
    We worked closely with Erinne Bundrock, the day-of-wedding coordinator, for eighteen months. Despite her relentless traveling demands and many other professional engagements, Erinne remained patient, present, professional, communicative, but (most importantly) pleasant. She is incredibly thorough and does not disappoint.
    Other important points of praise:
    The food presentation and quality was terrific. We had good but brief experiences with other hotel representatives: Mercy Budka, Brittany. The rooms, the hotel and the overall service is nonpareil.

Brittany

Sent on 05/26/2013

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2012

I was so beyond impressed with the Liberty Hotel. I'm not one for a typical wedding and the Liberty made my dreams come true to have a unique and fun party for a wedding. We had our ceremony in the yard and it was absolutely beautiful, and we had our reception on the 5th floor balcony with our dance floor in the Esplanade room. People loved how unique the hotel was and I loved the coziness of the dance floor.

Our wedding coordinator began as Catherine, who was great but ended up leaving, and ended with Erinne who was so great to work with. She moved right in and took care of everything perfectly! I was so pleased with how everyone handled us and our unusual requests (dog for ring bearer!) I would do it all over again with the Liberty if I could!

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/03/2009

Michelle Poulin, the Catering Manager and our main contact, and the rest of her staff were positively incredible to work with! Michelle was on top of every detail at every moment of every day. She was always available and put out fires with other vendors, easing the pressure on my fiance and I. She was a pure pleasure to work with!

The hotel is gorgeous and the room set up for the reception was beautiful, as well. The staff did an amazing job creating the perfect atmosphere for the reception.

I would highly recommend The Liberty Hotel to anyone looking for a city wedding!!

Sent on 03/04/2010

Crystal · Married on 09/18/2009

I abosultely LOVE The Liberty Hotel. It was a blast working with the catering manager to coordinate everything and I couldn't have received better service. Top Notch Quality and Service throughout. I would HIGHLY recommend The Liberty Hotel to any and all brides looking for a venue for their big day. I am still receiving compliments on how INCREDIBLY AWESOME AND FUN the wedding was.

Sent on 10/15/2009
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 06/29/2019

Meet with Christina a few times. Be patient during the process. She was wonderful.
    I can not begin to say enough positive things about having a wedding at the Liberty Hotel. We were unsure at first whether to choose this venue but kept coming back as we looked at other Boston Hotels. There is something unique about the Liberty. All our requests and accommodations were honored. They have a stellar team. Special kudos to Christina Chunias our Event Planner and Mercy Budka our Banquet Manager. They both watched out for our entire family and bridal party during our hotel stay and during the wedding reception. They checked in frequently to see if we needed anything. They both took great care to organize all our special effects from home. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/25/2017

The Liberty Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We appreciate your complimentary remarks and will share with our team. Thank you for choosing The Liberty for your wedding.

Gunjan · Married on 07/01/2017

We had our wedding at the Liberty Hotel this July. We looked at close to 10 venues before choosing the Liberty Hotel. Bridget the wedding coordinator was simply amazing, she was responsive and flexible and made sure our vision was made a reality. The food and service were great and we were told by multiple guests that it was one the best weddings they had attended. People came from all over the world and were impressed with the quality of the hotel. Oh and the Ebersol suite they upgraded us to for our wedding weekend was sweet! The Liberty Hotel provided us the best bang for our buck and if I had to throw another big party in Boston again I wouldn't think twice about where to throw it- the Liberty of course!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Cathy · Married on 08/04/2018

My daughter's wedding was an amazing day...despite the ceremony needing to be moved inside due to torrential rain earlier in the day. The food was delicious, the service impeccable, the venue so unique and guests are still commenting on how great it all was. Bridget was very responsive leading up to the event and was very attentive the day and night of. Perfect location for out of town guests.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Michelle · Married on 01/23/2016

We couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding at the Liberty Hotel! The venue was absolutely beautiful! We had our ceremony in the ballroom, cocktail hour on the 5th floor rotunda, and dinner (& dancing) back down in the ballroom. We were a littler nervous with using the ballroom for the two main events of our wedding, but the transformation from ceremony to dinner was spectacular! We worked with Erinne and she was just wonderful - very responsive and detail-oriented. The only reason that the we cannot give the Liberty Hotel a 5.0/5.0 is due to a rude and unprofessional bartender that was at both our cocktail hour and reception. My husband and I didn't realize that his father had to talk to the main event coordinator of the evening (who was not Erinne) during the reception to get the bartender removed. We had such a beautiful wedding and it's sad that we have had several guests say after the fact that our wedding was absolutely perfect except for the bartender who didn't properly serve our guests (including my mother-in-law). There was really nothing that the Liberty Hotel could have done to prevent this occurrence. However, I wish I had known earlier in the evening that there was an issue because the bartender would have been removed sooner. Overall, we were very happy with the Liberty Hotel. We had such a wonderful experience and created lasting memories from our beautiful winter wedding!

Sent on 03/11/2016