The Legacy Ballroom Reviews

The Legacy Ballroom 1
The Legacy Ballroom 2

Michael Crook · Married on 01/12/2019

Excellent Venue/ Extremely Professional and Welcoming

I cannot recommend this place enough. Extremely professional, very beautiful, and just a wonderful place to host your wedding/ event. Jennifer helped get us set up from the start and was extremely helpful with everything. In trying to pick a venue, it was between the Legacy Ballroom and another place. It because very apparent the Legacy Ballroom was right for us in working with Jennifer. Her communication was second to none. She was informative in leading us to the right decisions, and all in all you could tell she loved her job. She made life very easy on the two of us and really helped make our special day that much better.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Britnie · Married on 01/27/2018

We got married here on January 27, 2018 and cannot say enough about how great this venue is! Such a beautiful setting for both the ceremony and reception, and staff was extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process and made sure everything ran smoothly day of! Thank you Jennifer & Nyasha for making our day so special! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/29/2018
    The Legacy Ballroom 3

Chris · Married on 10/08/2016

We had our wedding reception here and it was absolutely amazing. The venue was perfect and the dance floor was great for our wedding guest count (175 people). We worked with Jennifer and she was very professional and accommodating. The place was in immaculate condition in preparation for our wedding. Plus they allow you to bring your own alcohol which is a great way to keep your alcohol budget low. We would choose this place every time.

Thanks!

Chris and Adriana (10-8-16 wedding)

Sent on 10/12/2016

Lynette · Married on 06/18/2016

This whole place is beautiful! private courtyards, beautiful views - and amazing over the top service. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lucy · Married on 01/30/2016

This facility is beautiful and the people who work there are professional and were able to help with anything I needed. I would definitely recommend it!

Sent on 02/11/2016

John · Married on 01/02/2016

Amazing place with amazing service and amazing people. I HIGHLY recommend The Legacy Ballroom.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Sandra · Married on 11/14/2015

The Legacy Ballroom helped make our day extra special! They were flexible, professional, always willing to take the extra steps... The ballroom looked so beautiful with all the finishing touches...
    Thank you! Thank you!

Sent on 02/12/2016

The Legacy Ballroom is a hidden gem in Phoenix. The property is absolutely gorgeous and has all of the amenities needed for a large function. We were married here in October and had an incredible experience. The staff especially the wedding coordinator Denise was creative, very responsive and went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was everything that we hoped it would be. Our guests still reach out to us to tell us how much fun they had. I would recommend the Legacy Ballroom for any event.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Bob · Married on 02/14/2015

My wife and I were married here on 02/21/2015 and Eleni could not have been more helpful in getting things done the way we wanted. The ballroom itself is beautiful and was everything we imagined it would be and more. We were able to bring in our own vendors and also come in a day early to set up and that made the biggest difference in the world. This is a venue I would gladly recommend to anyone who is getting married and is searching for a venue.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Nisa · Married on 10/10/2014

This venue is incredible! Alex and her assistant were amazing! They were so helpful and wonderful the entire time! The venue is beautiful and classy, Such elegance and grace. I highly recommend anyone to use this venue! The cost was amazing and the best I have ever found! I would use this venue again! They let us use the entire venue the day off and half of the day before to set up. This was extremely helpful! We were even given an extra hour to clean up at the end! This venue is wonderful!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Catherine · Married on 04/28/2012

This venue had so much meaning to me and my family. It was absolutely beautiful and welcoming! The green grass, tall trees and colorful flowers made you feel so happy and inviting! The ballroom had such elegance with it's gorgeous chandeliers and big windows. We received so many compliments on the venue!

Sent on 05/22/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful Venue!

My husband and I held our wedding reception at The Legacy Ballroom this past February. We absolutely loved the location, the decor inside and the overall feel of the venue. After officially booking this venue for our reception, we met and communicated solely with Jennifer until approximately two weeks prior to our wedding date. We were then set to come in and have our final meeting to choose the exact details of our big day; at least that is what we were told and thought would happen. When my husband and I arrived to this meeting, we met Lyndsay who was introduced to us as our event coordinator. Jennifer did not attend this meeting nor inform Lyndsay of much detail from our previous meetings. My husband and I were expecting to come in and have a glimpse of what our venue would look like on our wedding day, but were left disappointed when a majority of our questions and expectations were left unfulfilled. We left the meeting feeling stressed and worried about our choice in a reception venue. Lyndsay did, however, go above and beyond after this to make sure our day was perfect. I can without a doubt say that she definitely succeeded! She was able to quickly reach out to get all of our questions answered, made time out of her schedule to meet with us again and constantly stayed in communication with us to ensure our day would be perfect. Aside from the lapse in communication between the two employees, the whole experience was lovely. My husband and I would definitely recommend this venue for any wedding!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    The Legacy Ballroom 4

Caitlin · Married on 01/15/2017

Our wedding was gorgeous. The views of the mountain from the hall are great. The bridal suite is large and very nicely decorated. Jennifer the manager is the sweetest and very responsive. Great experience.

Sent on 02/04/2017

3.0

Denise at The Legacy Ballroom is amazing. She truly is the reason we were so satisfied with this venue for my daughter's reception. Denise paid attention to every single detail and was quick to respond to our many questions. This venue is a wonderful place if you want to choose everything yourself - caterer, dj/band, etc. One important thing to share - it took a lot of work planning our wedding for 200 guests at this venue, but we were very happy with the results. Also, the Bridal Suite is beautiful, and it provides a wonderful place for the bride and her bridal party to get ready for the ceremony.

Sent on 01/30/2016

Kimberly · Married on 03/10/2012

4.2

We held our reception at the Legacy Ballroom and it was beautiful. The venue is so elegant and went perfectly with the look we were trying to portray. We liked the fact that the venue was so lovely on it's own that we didn't have to transform it, we just enhanced it. Jean, the wedding planner there, is wonderful. She's so organized and on top of it. Something for brides to consider, Legacy is only a venue. You will have separate contracts for the caterer, bar service, bakery, etc. Jean has a lot of great suggestions and recommendations which definitely makes things easier.

Sent on 04/17/2012
  • Kalaya

Kalaya Vanaprasert · Married on 03/09/2019

3.6

Overall good experience

We booked a ceremony and reception package at the Legacy Ballroom a little over a year prior to our wedding day. We chose the venue as we really loved the venue director, the location, the look and the pricing of the venue. We were very happy with the service that we received up until about 2 weeks prior to our wedding. At this time, another venue director reached out to us to schedule a finalization meeting. When we went to our meeting, we asked about the initial director that we had been working with for the past year and was told that she was no longer with the venue. During the meeting, it was clear that there was no sort of transition planning. Everything from the menu, the number of hours we had the venue and the pricing was not correct and it took at several attempts to finally get the invoice and the menu corrected. We would have appreciated being told prior to our meeting that the previous venue director was no longer there as we would have come more prepared (with our original contract) to the meeting. It also seemed like a lot of the things that the other venue director promised us were now things that weren’t included and had to be approved in order to now accommodate. While the venue director for the most part was able to accommodate most of these things, we felt like she tried to make it seem like they were doing us a favor by accommodating us, when it was what we had been told would be included in the first place. Further, we felt like the communication between the venue staff was not the best. We were told that we would be able to pick up our items the next day, but that night, the day-of-coordinator informed our family members that this was not the case. Also, a few of our guests had nut allergies and we communicated this multiple times to the director and also had it specified in our contract that the green beans be made without almonds. However, that night there ended up being almonds in the green beans. We communicated our dissatisfaction with the venue director about these things and while she apologized, saying that she didn’t know how this happened as she communicated these things to the staff, it came across as more of passing the blame rather than taking ownership of the error. Other than a few hiccups, the day went pretty smoothly and overall we had a great day and were happy with how things came together. We would still recommend the venue but we would caution people to make sure that for any sort of accommodations that they are promised, that these are written into the contract so that there are no questions.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • User5181989 · 2+ years ago

1.8
      1.0
      2.0
      2.5
      1.0

Beautiful Venue... Terrible Management. Between the time I booked the venue in September and when I got married in May, the venue switched it's "wedding coordinator" FOUR TIMES!!! The one that ended up being the "wedding coordinator" for the time of my wedding (Nicole) was awful... and she was the daughter of the head priest/pastor. The reason I say "wedding coordinator" is because she had absolutely no idea what she was doing. She was literally there to unlock the place and lock it back up when we were there. At the beginning of the wedding rehearsal, we asked her how weddings normally go and how people should line up and she had NO CLUE!!! Then, she said she had to "show another potential client the venue and would be right back..." Well we saw when the people came and saw when the people left, it was about 5-10 min total and she never came back; the rehearsal was about an hour long because we were trying to figure out the order of things. So where did I find her when we were ready to leave? In the office on her phone. Super professional. On the day of the wedding, first off her outfit was absolutely inappropriate (short shirt and high-waist skirt that showed her belly and stripper heels to go along with that... my wedding was super elegant and classy, by the way). While my amazing family so graciously helped to set up the day of the wedding, where was Nicole? No where to be found! I have no idea where she went, no one does, she would just pop in and out periodically. My wedding started about 15 min late (even though everyone was ready) because she did not take charge and tell people when to start walking, why? Because she was in her office, again and did not realize it was her job to do so. So that was the day of the wedding. When my family came to pick up all the decorations and things the following Monday, Nicole and my family decided on 10AM Monday morning. When my family got there at 10AM there was no soul to be found to open the door to get our things.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Maryann · Married on 03/13/2015

0.5
      0.0

Although The Legacy Ballroom tried to compensate us for their errors money can not buy back the moments lost.
    Things we had issues with:
    Coordinator ~ I believe she has been replaced
    Ceremony chairs ~ poor condition - they set them up in the wrong area. The reception room was set wrong, dance floor was not the right size, Bridal room was not cleaned, refrigerators were not cleared before we got there. Only half of the lights for cocktail hour were working, there was little to no lighting in the buffet area cell phones were used to see the food. Coordinator could not be found to open the door for the reception and dim the lights. Again failing to dim the lights for the First dance, Father Daughter dance & Mother Son dance ~ she turned the lights off for the rest of the dancing which basically ruined pictures and video then turned them all the way up for the cake cutting, bouquet & garter toss. The venue has you use their Bartenders-we asked for an alcohol list, bought what they said- 2 hours before the Wedding they told we didn't have enough- we sent our guests out to buy more. At the end of the night none of the extra alcohol was used and the bartenders had opened 12+ bottles of wine unused. We brought in 300 personalized water bottles-the bartenders were suppose to be giving them out. They were in a milk crate behind the bar not on top of the bar where guest could see. Then they started handing out store brand and said we ran out. We checked and there was 200+ bottles still in the cooler. We paid extra for uplighting, a good photographer and videographer all ruined because of the lighting. Over the weekend we received the DVD and it was a harsh reminder of all that went wrong because someone failed at their job. I could not list everything due to limited space. Things to think about: Is the venue in a neighborhood were noise can be a factor? Is it affiliated with a Church and what are the restrictions? Ask to see a contract before you put money down!

Sent on 06/02/2015