The Legacy at Green Hills Reviews

31 Reviews for The Legacy at Green Hills

• Jessica

Jessica Keegan · Married on 05/26/2019

Most naturally beautiful venue in Kansas City

We are so glad we chose to have our special day at Legacy. Alex is so responsive to answer any questions you have leading up to and during your event. She really made our day stress-free and wonderful. The setting was so beautiful. We needed very few additional decorations because the natural scenery around us made for beautiful photo backdrops. For the few decorations we did need, we were able to rent most of it from Alex for very reasonable prices. Our wedding day was perfect and it all started with choosing Legacy as our venue.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Heather Lambright · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing

A hidden gem in North Kansas city. If you haven't heard of The Legacy at Green Hills you soon will. We toured several venues and knew once we toured The Legacy and met the owner Alex that it was the place we wanted to host our family/friends on one of the most important day of our lives. Alex is professional, organized, compassionate and genuinely cares about each and every one of her clients. We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. The idea of having the entire property for the whole weekend to host our rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception was so convenient and an absolute dream come true.

Sent on 05/24/2019

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Heather, thank you for your kind review!! I loved the entire process of working with you and Anthony! You two are very special to me!
  • Rachel

Rachel Edwards · Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful, Easy to work with, Everything I wanted

This venue is stunning and all the package options help take the stress away! We wanted an outdoor wedding but LOVED that there beautiful plan b options in case of bad weather. I chose to do the "Brides Favorite" package that included decor they already had on sight and it planning decorations a breeze! Alex, the owner, was responsive, professional, and also super warm and encouraging through out all our interactions. She has a lot experience and great ideas which are so helpful, and listens so well to what your dreams are for the day in order to help make them a reality. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 08/05/2019

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!! You made my job easy! I couldn't have asked for a better couple to work with!

Saber · Married on 04/20/2019

April 20th Wedding

Alex is amazing to work with super helpful through the whole wedding process and the property its self is stunning. Every guest we had made a comment about how beautiful everything was and to be honest I did minimal decorating because it really does speak for itself. We stayed for the weekend and it was nice to be able to have that time day before and the day after for sure. She has tons of rentals to pick from for just about any style you have. Even if it's out of your price range still recommend taking a look you definitely get what you pay for.

Sent on 08/11/2019

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you very much, Saber!! I loved your gorgeous pictures, it was such a perfect day! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2018

We had our wedding at the Legacy on Friday, September 14th. It was an absolute dream! My husband and I are Kansas City natives, but have both lived in Chicago for 11+ years. For planning a wedding out of state, working with Alex at the Legacy was seamless.

We only looked at a few venues before the legacy. However, when we saw it, we knew it had to be our venue. We both love the outdoors & fell in love with all of the wildflowers. Our wedding lived up & exceeded our expectations.

We chose the Bride’s Favorite Package. We wouldn’t have had it any other way. It was amazing to have the house nearly a full day prior to the wedding. We loved having the overnight stay for both nights. Since a majority of our wedding party are from out of state, it was great to provide them with a place to stay.

Our only complaint is that the wedding went by way too quickly. It was so much fun & such a perfect day. If we could do it all over again, we would in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/20/2018

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you, Amanda!! Your wedding was perfect, thanks for letting us be a part of it! You were so easy to work with!

Kenzie · Married on 06/30/2018

Out of all the venues I had looked at for our wedding, The Legacy was my favorite, not only because it's absolutely stunning but because Alex is absolutely amazing. She's be awesome through the entire thing.

Sent on 03/09/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you so much, Kenzie!! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I enjoyed working with you throughout the process.

Marie · Married on 05/18/2018

Having our ceremony at the Legacy was a dream!! Alex was extremely friendly and easy to work with! She made sure our day was stress free and was helpful in every way possible. We opted to only have our ceremony at this location, but she was flexible and accommodated all of our needs!

Sent on 06/03/2018

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the kind review. Your wedding was beautiful and you were a joy to work with!

kayla · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful outdoor venue with an amazing home where the bridal party can stay. Alex the owner is extremely nice and helpful always responding to my texts & emails quickly. She genuinely wanted us to have the wedding of our dreams and made my whole family feel comfortable and taken care of. The entire property is beautiful!!

Sent on 04/24/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you, Kayla!! It means a lot that you took the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Kelsey · Married on 09/16/2017

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue you've found it! The staff (Alex) was amazing to work with and made planning so much easier! She went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and was very personable. She was quick to respond and was on time to every appointment we had. You won't regret having your wedding here it's everything and more

Sent on 09/21/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey!! I appreciate your feedback! You made my job easy, thanks for being such a wonderful client.

Heather · Married on 09/09/2017

This venue is beautiful! It was exactly what my daughter wanted for her outdoor wedding and reception. Alex is great, she was always very helpful and accommodating to needs. It is a great location, the value for everything included you couldn't beat. We tell everyone about this venue every chance we get.

Sent on 03/08/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you, Heather!! I really appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. It means a lot that you referred our venue, that's the best compliment we could ever receive!

Abby · Married on 09/08/2017

The legacy of green hills was an awesome experience and wonderful venue! Alex does an amazing job and is a hard working and works with the bride and groom very well. She responded immediately and worked with us to accommodate to our needs! You won't find anything better !

Sent on 09/11/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you so much!! You're seriously one of the most kind-hearted brides I have had the pleasure of working with. Thank you for being so wonderful!

Abby · Married on 09/08/2017

Alex was great the venue was beautiful . It all made for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Jodie · Married on 07/02/2017

It was wonderful working with them. Everything went simple and easy.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Dorette · Married on 06/25/2017

It was perfect...the house was great to use for the bridal party, groomsmen & family to all get ready after setting up! The kitchen space was also a plus to have food & drinks set up for everyone who came early to help prepare for the ceremony & reception. We had family spend the night in the 5 bedroom house after the wedding and it was so nice to all hang out together & visit without having to go back to a hotel afterwards.
    Everything is top notch...for both the wedding & the housing accommodations. I took the sheets off the bed to see what kind of mattress was on the bed because it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! :)
    Alex was great to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2017
  • Alexi

Alexi · Married on 06/18/2017

Not only does Alex, in charge of the venue, make sure all your questions are answered, she remembers details about you and your fiance. We ran into each other a few times at the various wedding shows my husband and I attended and she always greeted us by name and is very personable. She was quick to let us know of any changes in the status of the venue (they were building a pavilion for the reception--SO BEAUTIFUL! Make sure to get a shot in with the enchanting chandeliers) and to answer any questions we ever had and never got impatient for someone who had no idea about weddings. There is plenty of space for many guests and parking on site. So many of our guests complimented the venue selection, noting how beautiful of a location it is. This venue is scenic, beautiful, and the bonus comes as you can stay the night there with guests! The neighbors are far enough away that you could probably get grandma or your drunk uncle out for karaoke and no one would complain about the noise. This place blew me away so much that we only toured this venue before deciding on it right then and there. So don't hesitate, call Alex and make your fairytale wedding come true at the Legacy.

Sent on 06/25/2017

alicia · Married on 06/16/2017

We had such a great experience with the legacy! Our whole weekend went perfectly! We could not be more pleased with everything! And of course it is such a beautiful venue and we have some amazing pictures! Every detail was perfect!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Allison · Married on 06/02/2017

Alex was fantastic to work with. She made sure everything was stress free and made sure that my wedding day flowed as smooth as possible! She was a great point of reference for finding vendors and making sure my vendors had all the information thy need! The legacy has transformed into a beautiful property and it was amazing to see Alex's vision turned into reality!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Claudia · Married on 05/13/2017

I would recommend The Legacy to everyone! Alex is amazing to work with. She was very helpful during the planning process and very informative about any other services that I need it. The day of the wedding she was there helping out and making sure we had everything we need it. My husband and I are very happy we decided to have our special day here. The grounds are just beautiful and you will find amazing spots for pictures!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Jaimie · Married on 05/12/2017

Wonderful! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/15/2017

Crystal · Married on 04/29/2017

It was about a year ago when I fell in love with the venue. If your wanting a outdoor wedding this is the place it's beautiful. Alex the owner is so helpful and was such a great communicator through my whole wedding planning experience. She even suggested great vendors that I.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Crystal · Married on 10/14/2016

Wow! Love this venue! I was there for a birthday celebration and was impressed with the owners' organization and attention to our needs. I've been back to visit after even more improvements to the venue were made and can only say "impressive"! The grounds are stunning! I love it so much I've booked two of my own events there, my daughter's birthday party this spring and our 25th anniversary celebration this fall. So excited to have such a great option in the Northland!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Haley · Married on 10/08/2016

We had the most amazing experience with The Legacy. They were very professional and were always willing to take our calls when we had any questions for them. On our Wedding weekend there wasn't any issues with the set up or take down on their half of things. They were good about not bothering the bride or groom about any behind the scenes issues and went straight to our coordinator if something did come up. We had about 230 guests and the venue was very affordable for the amount of people we had. They also let us choose our own catering company and bartenders, which saved us a ton of money! Overall we had a beautiful outdoor wedding with our friends and family that will be a day to remember for the rest of our lives. I highly recommend using their facilities for your big day!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Chelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Alex was fantastic. Throughout the planning process she was flexible and helpful. All of our guests were super impressed with the venue and the set up.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Chan · Married on 09/23/2016

Was much pleased with The Legacy. I happy that location was minutes from airport and downtown, so very convenient for flying in and getting out to downtown if one pleases. I highly recommend to my colleagues local and out of town wherever they may be located. Staff was very helpful to one like me, not from the area. They suggested good restaurants and tourists sights! 10/10

Sent on 10/25/2016

DeeAnn · Married on 09/03/2017

This was a beautiful venue for my daughter's outdoor wedding. Alex was very easy to work with and very accommodating to the bride and groom's needs. Renting the venue for an overnight stay is a great option for out of town guests and allows for easier wedding clean which can be done the next day.

Sent on 09/05/2017

The Legacy at Green Hills's reply:

Thank you so much, DeeAnn! Your kind review means a lot to me! I hope all is well, I miss working you and Hannah!