The Landing 1841 Reviews

The Landing 1841 7
  • Jacquie

Jacquie · Married on 09/14/2019

Beyond amazing

I can’t say enough amazing things about the Landing & their staff. Renee, Morgan, Courtney, & the rest of the staff are truly wonderful. From start to finish they made our wedding day perfect. Even when our ceremony site flooded the day before our wedding, Courtney called us, and we were able to be come in and look up back up plans. She showed us several and told me to sleep on it and let her know in the morning. The next day I told her where, and they set up both our new ceremony site and all our decorations for outside and inside. They were fast and efficient and everything turned out beautifully. The saddest part about not being a bride anymore is not being able to work with this wonderful ladies anymore. I truly will miss them! Thank you all so much for making our day beautiful and perfect.- Mr. & Mrs. Slade

Sent on 09/19/2019
    The Landing 1841 8
    The Landing 1841 9
    The Landing 1841 10

Leah Preston · Married on 08/10/2019

Extraordinary venue with amazing people and riverside views

We initially thought of having a small wedding, but that was before we fell in love with the absolute beauty of The Landing 1841. Positioned along the Fox River, we knew we had to share such a majestic place and time with as many family and friends as possible. And we’re glad we did, because the venue staff made sure everything was 100% exceptional. A special thanks to Courtney for being the best coordinator imaginable. She took every bit of stress out of our big day, allowing us to experience only wonderful, memorable moments. We can’t think of anything better for an amazing start to our lives together. Thanks to the beautiful people, incredible scenery and services of The Landing & Bar 1841. Our day was truly special!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    The Landing 1841 11
  • Marina

Marina Rodriguez · Married on 06/29/2019

Exceeded my expectations!

You will not regret having your wedding at The Landing.

I've stalled on this review because I wanted to make sure it was so heartfelt. I have so many emotions I want to capture and express! The Landing 1841 completely blew me away. Morgan was outstanding. I'm telling you OUTSTANDING. She was extremely attentive and always there for you. She has this amazing way about her that just puts you at ease. EVERY single interaction was a positive one. I honestly felt like I was partnering with a family member whenever I worked with her. Some people love what they do and it's evident. She is the definition of something who loves what she does. She embodies this positive energy that I swear is contagious and that positivity trickled it's way into our wedding day. Besides the venue being extremely lovely and romantic- for me the biggest take away was the people I worked with. From Morgan, to Renee, to Sammi- everyone was just outstanding.

Let's talk day of! Unless you have been married before I feel like no one can prepare you for the craziness of the day of your wedding. It's a whirlwind. I can not tell you how thankful I was for Courtney the day of. She was literally this saving grace that was just there to make the day go smooth. She treated me with such kindness that even reflecting back on it I just can't imagine the day without her. She was there to literally make sure everything was going as planned and there to squash all stress. She was at least 3-5 steps ahead of me at all times. Thinking of things before I could. On top of every single thing. It literally blew my mind.

The Landing is a beautiful, one of a kind venue. The grounds are breathtaking and your guests will be in awe. But for me- the service is my biggest take away. Every penny I spent was worth it. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2019

The Perfect Venue for Our Perfect Day!

We were recently just married at The Landing 1841 and cannot put into words how perfect it was for our June wedding! The Landing 1841 was everything we were looking for with its big restored barn, beautiful chandeliers, breathtaking ceremony sites, and the onsite bridal house. The Landing 1841 was the perfect location for our outdoor ceremony with their various ceremony site options near the river with beautiful landscaped backgrounds. All of our guests were amazed with the location and its beauty!

The Landing 1841 staff made wedding planning simple with their add-on planning packages. Morgan took all of the stress of planning away through finalizing the timeline, confirming with our vendors, setting up all of our decorations, keeping everyone on time, directing guests, tearing down at the end of the night, and much more! Morgan allowed us to truly enjoy our day as she kept a close eye on every little detail! Throughout our long engagement, The Landing 1841 has kept in contact with all of their updates and exciting news such as completing the indoor ceremony barn, taking over the bar services, and replacing the big willow that was taken out by a storm. Their open communication made us feel confident in choosing them for our big day! All of The Landing 1841 staff was accommodating, kind, and just wonderful to work with throughout our wedding day. I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Landing 1841 as a picture perfect venue and the amazing staff they have!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Lynch · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I just got married at the Landing a couple weeks ago and it was absolutely AMAZING!! Morgan and Courtney were my day of coordinators and they did such an amazing job. It was a completely stress free day. And it is such a beautiful venue! Breathtaking!! They have a list of preferred vendors and I used all of them and they were all amazing! I could not have had a better wedding and that is thanks to everyone at The Landing! I would highly recommend booking with them for your special day!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Samantha · Married on 12/15/2018

Perfection!

The Landing 1841 exceeded all of our expectations in a wedding venue. I initially fell in love with the pictures online, but from the moment my husband and I arrived for our initial tour, we knew it was the perfect fit for us. Not only is it gorgeous, but it is the ideal combination of rustic with a touch of glam - which is right up our alley! It felt so warm and intimate, so it was amazing for our winter wedding. We loved having the two different areas for the ceremony, turned dance floor, with the dining room separate. Everyone loved being able to either be in the action, or sit at their table and enjoy conversation. Having the bridal house for the day was incredibly helpful, so that we could be on site all day. Not to mention, their inventory of adorable furniture pieces made decorating so easy!

Renee and Morgan were incredible to work with! They were there to answer all of our questions and made everything run so smoothly! It is unbelievably helpful to have a venue you completely trust - it helps the entire planning process and everything day-of tremendously!

Thank you to the entire team at The Landing 1841! All of our guests enjoyed an amazing day, we experienced the best planning process thanks to you!!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Caroline Folkl · Married on 11/12/2018

Excellent Wedding Venue

Our daughter and her husband were recently married here. We cannot say enough about it! Every thing and everyone that Morgan put us in touch with was outstanding. We would highly recommend using The Landing 1841! Very accommodating, friendly, professional, on task, on time and took all of the "day of worry about details" off of me, the MOB! Excellent reviews from all of our family and friends who joined us on our special day❤️!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2018

I just had my wedding, September 7th at The Landing. Every single one of my guests raved about how beautiful the venue was. The staff at The Landing are truly amazing and work with the bride and groom to make sure everything goes perfect! Morgan the coordinator there was an absolute joy to work with! She made sure my wedding ran smoothly and incorporated all my details and ideas in my dream wedding. Morgan helped me all along the way!

Sent on 09/14/2018
    The Landing 1841 18
    The Landing 1841 19
    The Landing 1841 20

Meagan · Married on 09/08/2018

SO happy we were able to find the most perfect venue for our June wedding. The site is absolutely beautiful, and has the best indoor and outdoor spaces for many options to build an amazing day. I highly recommend them!
    Not only is the space beautiful, but the staff are incredible. Morgan seriously made our wedding complete, from the very beginning (showing us the venue and getting us signed up), to the end (keeping us flawlessly on track during the day and making sure I had everything I needed). She is incredibly organized, so nice, and will help you throughout the whole process. If you work with The Landing, I recommend working with their planning packages- they are a huge help on the day of the wedding!
    We get so many compliments from guests on the site itself. They have a beautifully renovated barn, with incredible chandeliers, plus amenities that many barns don't have! They also have space both inside and outside for a ceremony, which helped with the stress of unpredictable Wisconsin weather.
    You won't be dissapointed with a wedding at The Landing!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    The Landing 1841 28
    The Landing 1841 29
    The Landing 1841 30

Stefanie · Married on 08/24/2018

Gorgeous venue. An absolutely beautiful renovated barn with show stopper chandeliers and a rustic yet modern bar. Nestled around willow trees, a river and a vineyard. It doesn't get anymore romantic. Incredible catering options and best of all most attentive and professional staff. I had the pleasure of working with Morgan and Courtney day of as my coordinators. You invest so much in your big day you want to enjoy it to the fullest. They made sure things ran smoothly and calmed this anxious bride's nerves. Best day of my life. Would pick them all over again.

Sent on 09/07/2018
    The Landing 1841 31
    The Landing 1841 32

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2018

I was so happy to have had my wedding held at The Landing 1841. Morgan, Courtney, and the entire staff that day were nothing but helpful. As the bride, all I had to worry about that day was walking down the aisle (which was outside, under the willow tree – and it was amazing). I sent pictures of all my wedding decorations to Morgan and, before the wedding, had a chance to discuss what exactly I wanted to be done with them. After listening to my requests and working a plan out with me, I took her suggestion to take the reigns over how the decorations would be utilized that day – and I was not disappointed. Morgan was very attentive to me from the day I put down the deposit, to the day I was married. She helped set my timeline up and kept in touch with all my other vendors throughout my wedding process. My husband and I really appreciated how she had everything run smoothly during the ceremony and reception. We didn’t have any drama on our wedding day at all. We felt so blessed to have our wedding here and all our guests had a great time. The venue was a perfect size for all our guests (we kept it to about 100 and everyone felt so comfortable and relaxed) and recreations. We had yard games and a little makeshift photobooth area outside (none of which were in the ceremony space) and the guests still had plenty of room to just hang out in the yard. Not to mention, great natural scenery for wedding photographs! I would recommend investing in the Whole Trunk Package and Clean-Up if you are looking into this venue. I thought it was well worth it and, because we did invest in this package, we didn’t have to worry about anything (which is so, so worth it)! I couldn’t talk more positively about this venue. Without the staff’s hard work, I couldn’t have had my perfect wedding. I am so grateful to everyone there!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    The Landing 1841 38
    The Landing 1841 39
    The Landing 1841 40

Alese · Married on 07/13/2018

My husband and I just got married at The Landing 1841 this past weekend! We were extremely pleased with the venue and the staff. Morgan was very helpful through the whole planning process. She even helped us as we set up decor, giving helpful suggestions and accommodating all of our wishes on the day of and day before our wedding. Courtney helped facilitate our rehearsal in a very timely and professional manner and along with Morgan, helped cue everyone as our huge bridal party (27 people) walked down the aisle. We got compliments all throughout the day from our guests about how beautiful the venue is. We loved the outdoor ceremony space, the many perfect places for photos, as well as the indoor reception space. We had 180 guests comfortably in the reception space with plenty of other areas for guests to hang out in-outdoor deck, yard, and front room area. The Bridal House was an added bonus! We had 17 ladies getting ready all together and we had plenty of room and mirror space. It's a beautiful space to get ready in and hang out in before the ceremony starts and there are some great spots for 'getting ready' pictures. Overall, we had an exceptional experience leading up to the wedding and on our special day!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Kaela · Married on 06/09/2018

Truly amazing people to work with! They answered millions of questions I had and never made my husband and I feel like we were asking too much. Our day went off with out one single problem that we were aware of. Just amazing kind and helpful owners, manager, and event staff! Special shout out to Morgan for being a calming force for not only me but my mom and my bridal party! Thank you for making our day so perfect and special!!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    The Landing 1841 41
    The Landing 1841 42

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/01/2018

The Landing is straight out of a fairy tale. I can go on endlessly about how wonderful it was to have our wedding here. Its gorgeous and well maintained. In the most beautiful location.

The staff was AMAZING. Morgan is fantastic. She is so calm, and prepared. I loved working with her and felt so secure and comfortable trusting that she would make sure everything was done perfectly.

She is incredibly responsive and organized.

Everyone we worked with leading to, and on the day of were wonderful.

My day went off without a hitch, and I'm so thankful that we found this amazingly gorgeous and historical place.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 10/27/2017

The Landing was simply amazing. We are so happy that we picked this venue. Their staff, specifically their event coordinator, were extremely helpful and attentive to detail. This is a beautiful rustic, but refined barn meant for very special couples on their wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Mandy · Married on 08/11/2017

The Landing was the picture-perfect venue for the wedding of our dreams. Their coordinating team did a beyond-amazing job making sure everything was setup perfectly for both our ceremony and reception. They do such a wonderful job thinking of all the details...from beautiful landscaping to antique furniture as decoration, to a large bridal house with many photo-opp areas to have the best "getting ready" and "dress" pictures. We are so happy that we were able to be married here, and we would recommend this venue to everyone looking for a picturesque, romantic wedding venue. Amazing!!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Amy · Married on 10/23/2016

Renee is just absolutely amazing. Words can't even describe everything and how blessed we were to have her in our lives and the wedding process. She made sure everything was perfect and did her best to keep us calm. She has the biggest heart and made our day perfect. Hands down she is the best!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Shytle · Married on 07/07/2018

The Landing is a beautiful venue on a beautiful piece of property next to the Fox River. I proposed to my fiancé there and it was literally the best place I could have thought to ask a very important question!! The management and owners are very professional and just the nicest folks I could have ever met I plan to marry my fiancé there in July of 2018! Till then the best of luck to all those involved with the landing!! And may good fortune come your way!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/04/2017

We LOVE LOVE LOVED The Landing. It was absolutely the perfect place for our wedding. There is not much of anything we would have changed. All we wanted was more time and wish we could've partied all night long! Now, we realize that was not anyone's fault there, but we just had such an amazing night, we wanted to stay later!

Renee was so accommodating and it is obvious this is a trait she instills within all of her employees.. That being said, Morgan was exceptional. She always responded within a timely manor and made sure we understood everything. We never felt that she was hounding us, or ignoring us. She was very sweet, and even allowed my dad and I some time to brainstorm with her before the wedding at site.

They were flexible and very understanding of all of our setup and tear down needs.. Even with the flooding that took place a few weeks prior to the wedding, they were calm and handled it very professionally. I never felt panicked or stressed with their help the whole time.

We had such a great time, and are not upset about anything. The only time things got a little confusing is when we would email Morgan and would hear back from Renee, and vice versa. Sometimes we weren't sure who was responding to us. However, we were pleased with their quick responses and great interest in our best day ever.

We highly recommend this venue for any special occasion! It was perfect.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

From start to finish Renee and Tim were there to help make our day a reality. They are a business and conduct themselves accordingly. We signed and adhered to the contract and they delivered! My husband and I looked at the venue when there weren't any floors, nonetheless we saw Renee's vision and were able to see what an amazing job they had done with The Rustic Barn. Our wedding was a vision. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. I was able to utilize Morgan as a great resource. She was helpful with the set up of the venue and was very organized. We had a large wedding and we have heard nothing but great things about our day. I was not an overly stressed bride and I truly attribute some of this to the attention to detail by the entire staff at The Landing 1841. Brian and I are so truly blessed to have gotten married at such a special venue. Thank you Tim and Renee!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Nicole Bielawa · Getting married on 03/09/2020

Beautiful venue and professional staff

Our wedding in 9/27 was wonderful. Morgan, Courtney, Renee and Tim went out of their way to make our day go off smoothly (despite the rain). Sammi, the bar manager, worked with us on specific bar items, and my guest were in aw of how beautiful the venue was. They made our day magical!

Sent on 10/08/2019
    The Landing 1841 43
    The Landing 1841 44

Keri Sellhausen · Married on 10/06/2018

Breathtaking Venue

We booked The Landing when there was nothing but bare studs and a beautiful antique hutch in the middle of the dining room. Renee gave us a tour and painted a picture of her vision of what she pictured The Landing to look like. Renee and Tim did not disappoint, it was everything and more than what we imagined for where we would get married. Leading up to the big day we had wonderful service from the staff. The big day of was nothing short of amazing! The venue alone speaks for itself, the detail that they put into the venue really makes it what it is, and it's simply breathtaking. We had outstanding customer service from Courtney (general manager), she was so personable, helpful in many ways, and went out of her way to make sure everything was going smoothly so we didn’t have to worry. This venue is truly stunning and we couldn’t have imagined anywhere else to get married. Thank you for everything The Landing 1841!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 12/08/2018

4.2
      3.0

Breathtaking

The Landing 1842 was beautiful. I’m still dreaming about how amazing the space was. It is located right along a river and is just absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could relive the day to take in more of its beauty. I would have to say that they made it a bit difficult to enjoy in some other ways. Their time constraints are a bit aggressive with absolutely no wiggle room. The venue has to be closed, due to noise regulations, very early. We were not even able to stay after the reception to clean. We were forced out early, having made my goodbyes and the end of a beautiful day very rushed, stressful and unenjoyable. If we wanted to stay later, come back the next day, etc. it cost extra and provided no help. Therefore the bride, groom, family and friends had to run around at the end of the night gathering everything and shoving it into cars which caused some things to break. So, the set-up and break down process was not enjoyable. But the staff were wonderful, the space was amazing and I would do it all over again it I could. Thank you for hosting our wonderful and magical wedding day!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 05/11/2019

3.2
      2.0
      2.0

Beautiful venue, but must read fine print and have a paper trail

It is extremely apparent how beautiful this venue is. There are endless opportunities for picture perfect settings on the property.

The bridal house for getting ready is another added bonus. There is plenty of room and it is so convenient to have. The contract does state that the house will be locked for the reception; however, you don’t realize just how difficult it is to get all of the things out that you and your girls will need the whole night. They require you to move everything to a foyer area in the house. I think it would be an awesome idea to have someone be able to sign a key out. The house can be completely locked (there is a separate door leading into the house from the foyer), but give someone a key to the foyer for emergencies. Working in the service industry I understand the importance of carding everyone before serving alcohol, but the entire wedding party got carded and nobody had their ID’s on them. It was then a fight to allow us into the foyer for them. An even better idea would be a staff member to check the wedding party ID’s at rehearsal or when the bartenders get there to set up day of to avoid this all together.

We were told they have an awning for the porch area that we’d just have to tell them prior to the event if we want out or not. We said yes just to be safe because it still wouldn’t take away from the view or beauty of the deck, but were then told it would be $500 to set it up since we were the first ones to use it this year. $500 for awning set up definitely was not worth it to us, but I wonder how it works with other events after the awning has been “set up” once.

The venue will also tell you about all of their plans/future projects to sell you; they told us grooms quarters for the men to get ready in and the separate ceremony chapel. We scheduled a meeting/walk through a month out from our wedding date, and that was the day they told us nothing would be completed. I felt completely blind sided because it seemed like they wouldn’t have mentioned any of this until our final walk through that they schedule a week out. At our final walk through they ended up telling us the chapel would be ready but just the inside, there wouldn’t be any landscaping around it or outside building work done. We did rehearsal in the chapel and I sunk ankle deep in mud right outside the French doors to walk in. It was not worth people getting hurt or ruining shoes/dresses.

With all that said, our wedding turned out beautifully, but I think it is extremely important to read all the fine print and get everything they tell you in writing because their word is not good enough.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2017

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

To start it is very difficult to get ahold of them after you book your wedding. They are not accomodating for customers. They say one thing but do not follow through. First off Morgan the coordinator is very unorganized, she completely forgot about our meeting at the venue. Luckily Tim was there setting up. Then they took 60 dollars from our security deposit, 50 because we ran 15 minutes late for rehearsal and 10 for a towel that we never saw. My mom and mother in law during the rehearsal said to their wedding coordinator face to face that they would pay the $50 to stay later for our rehearsal which is stated in the contract. They said " No I have plans." And we needed to vacate the premises. After we received our security deposit back and many attempts to contact someone, Morgan finally said that the reason they actually decided to deducted us was because we were disrespectful, well why wouldnt we be after you say in your contract that we will be deducted for time going over but yet we are not being allowed to stay to set up for the extra $50 and being watch/forcefully asked to leave because we are over our time. Renee also told us that we had a set time on sunday after our wedding to clean up. The day of our wedding they said " ooo no you have to be out at eleven with your belongings." The owner cares more about money than customers happiness, she booked another wedding that sunday and everything of ours had to be cleaned up before we had to vacate the premises the night of our wedding. When your wedding day comes the wedding coordinator comes in with her friends to help clean up after guests but they stand at the end of the bar and stare at you and your guests during your wedding. They are very disrespectful!!! If you do choose to get married here read all the fine print and get everything they tell you in writing because their word means nothing

Sent on 07/15/2017