The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm Reviews

The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 7
  • Olivia

Olivia Noel · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Beautiful venue

Our September wedding at Kinney Bungalow was absolutely perfect. This venue is gorgeous - the intricate antique wood interior, the cozy fireplace, the romantic string lights, and huge windows overlooking the farm and the sunset made for the ideal setting for our vintage-inspired wedding. The coordinator, Daisy, is such a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful through the entire process. It's a great spot for sunset photos and for parties under 100. The bridal room has antique accents too, which I loved!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Katie · Married on 07/05/2019

Beautiful wedding at Kinney Bungalow

Finding the venue for your wedding is one of the first things couples need to decide on, and it can be a disheartening experience when you are confronted with an enormous baseline cost. My husband and I were planning a wedding in Rhode Island from across the country, and we spoke with many venues that had absolutely astronomical baseline costs for a more all-inclusive (catering, cake, alcohol etc.) experience. We went with Kinney Bungalow because it is absolutely unique and gorgeous (the idea of a reception hall makes me gag), allows for flexibility (we could pick the caterer we really wanted- Crazy Burger FTW), had a reasonable price, and Daisy MacLeod was responsive and wonderful to work with. Unlike an all-inclusive hall, you may need to do a little more legwork to hire vendors like caterers, bartenders and rentals. My husband and I actually liked this aspect, since it allowed us to customize for the wedding we wanted. Daisy worked with our schedule so we could visit Kinney Bungalow and was incredibly available and responsive to all of our questions. The actual wedding day was absolutely perfect- we had about 90 guests, which felt great for the space. We had to switch our plan A of getting married outside under the archway to a plan B of having the ceremony in front of the fireplace indoors (a thunderstorm started to brew as soon as my husband and I arrived at the bungalow). This ended up being fantastic, and many guests commented that the ceremony was beautiful, romantic and intimate indoors. We could not have been happier with Kinney Bungalow- it was the perfect setting for an incredible day.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • GoingGarcia2019

Stacy · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect for Personalization!

My now-husband and I were planning our wedding from out of state (2,000 miles away!), so made many of our wedding decisions based on online research. We knew from the start that Kinney Bungalow was unique in that we would be able to choose all of our own vendors, which we really liked, and the pictures that I saw from their website, and from a friend's wedding there really showed how beautiful the space was. My mom was kind enough to do a site visit to give a personal opinion prior to booking, and Daisy, the event coordinator, was so flexible, meeting my mom in the winter and answering all of my questions via email. We both felt that Kinney perfectly fit the vibe we were looking for, as we were looking for something a little different, outside of the traditional country club or hotel ballroom vibe. Daisy took my husband and I on tours twice while we were in town visiting, once about a year before for planning purposes, and once just before the wedding so we could finalize a couple of decor details. We were able to do a rehearsal in the courtyard the night before, and the tables and chairs which we were able to rent through Kinney Bungalow, were all set up exactly as promised. Overall we had an amazing experience working with the Kinney Bungalow staff, and would definitely recommend it to couples looking for a place where they can add their own personal touch!

Sent on 09/27/2019
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 14
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 15

Meghan · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Venue

We were married at Kinney Bungalow in Narragansett, RI. I cant say enough about the venue coordinator Daisy, as well as the Kinney staff there for the wedding, they were so accommodating and kind through the whole planning process! Kinney is an event space only, and while they have a preferred list of vendors they do allow you the flexibility to choose your own vendors as long as you submit an outside vendor form for approval which let us truly personalize our day from start to finish. This was perfect for us however does require a bit of extra work! The venue itself is on Sunset Farm which made a beautiful backdrop for our wedding. Their ceremony space has hedges around it that were just starting to turn green by the time we got married which gave a bit of privacy, and they are also growing more hedges to make the space even more private from the main road. There was space to do lawn games and have an outdoor cocktail hour which we were hoping for. The inside of the venue itself is a very interesting layout, with a beautiful large center staircase and nice lighting. Even our guests' photos came out beautiful I think just from the lighting, and the space is so beautiful on its own that I think it allows you to do a bit less in décor! We viewed a couple of venues before choosing Kinney and we are so happy we went with them, the venue is truly unique and beautiful.

Sent on 06/01/2019
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 16
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 17
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 18
    The Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farm 19

Briana · Married on 07/12/2014

We had our wedding at the Kinney Bungalow on 7/12/14 and booked this date a little over a year before. Lisa was great to work with and was quick to respond to all of our quirky queries. Some of the rules were a little strict, but since the Kinney Bungalow was owned by the Town it makes sense why these are place. Be sure to actually read through the contract before committing. Lisa & Jenny were great about letting me into the building to go over things once more, especially the week before the wedding! The whole staff were great and the farmer & his family are very sweet. Be sure to contact them before taking pictures around the farm!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/13/2013

I had a truly perfect experience working with Lisa Roy as the event coordinator at Kinney Bungalow. While the setting is absolutely stunning and spoke for itself, there were endless details that I needed help and guidance with in planning our son's engagement party. Lisa was literally there to answer every question, calm every worry, problem solve every dilemma and walk me through every step. Most importantly, she answered me in a timely manner and was so attentive to me that I would amazed that she had other clients at the same time. Lisa helped me to make our event unforgettable and truly special. I loved this venue, and am very grateful for all the team at the Bungalow and all that they did to make our evening so memorable and hassle-free.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2011

Kinney Bungalow is absolutely amazing! We had our wedding there on Columbus day in 2011. The woman we spoke with non stop about our wedding, quit (fired?) without any notice to us, I'd say a week, before our wedding. Someone took over right away, who was equally as nice and accommodating, so that was no problem. They were always pretty easy to contact and answer any of my questions. The Bridal room is tiny, but I got ready at home so that was not much of an issue for me. It was 90 degrees the day of our wedding, with little to no wind, so even with the windows all open, it was hot! My cupcakes were melting! I could barely breathe up there, so I spent a lot of time going outside to get some fresh air, so I did miss some things. I wish we had paid extra to extend our wedding a little longer, but who doesn't wish the day never ended? We were told we could go anywhere on the premises to take photos, so we went over to the farm to take photos. A woman working there gave us a funny look, so my photographer asked if it was ok we took photos there. She said, "Yes, that is fine. No one usually asks. I guess people just think it is ok". I felt like we were intruding so, we took a few and went somewhere else to take photos. That was disappointing to me, because we specifically asked if we could take photos there and she told us yes, anywhere. Seems like the farm stand is not in agreement with that?

Sent on 03/06/2014

Caity · Married on 08/06/2011

We were the first couple to have a tent at Kinney Bungalow and it was a complete success! It was absoulutely beautiful and gave us the opportunity to have 175 guest at our wedding. We worked with Brandi who helped us make this all happen. I think the tent is a great option for someone who is looking for a bigger venue in Narragansett. We used the inside of the bungalow for our cocktail hour and then headed to the tent for dinner and dancing. We loved the location, the history of the venue, and the wonderful pictures we got there.

Sent on 01/03/2012
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/31/2019

Glad I kept this on the back burner and came back to it!

I kept overlooking KB because of its size—we are a mighty big family and the 150 maximum was a little daunting. In the end, after countless phone calls with numerous other venues, I circled back to KB. I loved it
    From the start and if the capacity meant I had to knock some people off the list then so be it; it actually HELPED us in the long run because we had a ceiling. The prices are amazing and the value is beyond. They have a few strict rules per the town of Narragansett, but so what! I wish I could redo our wedding every year at this glorious space!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Overall positive, 8/10 experience!

We had a very good experience with Kinney Bungalow. Daisy was our main point of contact and was very helpful and responsive. The venue itself is easy to find and has ample parking for guests, a big plus. We had good weather so were able to have our ceremony outside which was definitely a goal for us. There were a few things I thought could have been made more clear in the hiring packet and perhaps a pre-wedding meeting would have been a good idea, just to make sure everyone was on the same page with the timeline but overall we had a good experience. Unfortunately we were required to work with 1 vendor for supplemental furniture through Kinney who did not follow through. We are currently awaiting what I hope will be satisfactory resolution of that matter.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2013

Growing up in Rhode Island, I must have driven past the Kinney Bungalow hundreds of times without realizing it was a rentable venue. I planned our Narragansett wedding from afar and researched tons of potential venues online. Kinney Bungalow was our first and only venue visit - I absolutely fell in love the moment I walked around the grounds. The interior is just gorgeous and needs hardly any decor at all to shine. The view from upstairs at dinner time is stunning - the big windows overlooking the farm makes it feel like you are a million miles away from anything else! Since it is a historic building, there are some specific rules but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary. I worked with Lisa and her assistant Jenny. Both were responsive and helpful, sending email reminders as needed. The two building attendants present during our wedding were lovely women. I spoke with the farmer, Jeff, after our rehearsal and gained his permission to take photos on the grounds by the cornfields - he was very amenable. The brand new bridal suite and renovated bathrooms were great. I'd highly recommend using a caterer from the venue's preferred caterer list - they have excellent choices and all know how to work the venue. I hope to throw another party someday at Kinney Bungalow!

Sent on 09/24/2013

courtney · Married on 05/11/2012

Kinney Bunglow was a dream come true setting for our wedding in May! The weather and atmosphere were perfect for our special day. Lisa was so easy to work with and everything was set up just as we visioned it!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Shemry · Married on 09/02/2011

Just Beautiful! Brandi was helpful and available when we needed her. The room is interesting because it is split but it didn't bother us. If we had to do it again we would choose Kinney Bungalow no question.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Deanna · Married on 09/06/2014

We grew up in Massachusetts so we wanted to find a location that would be closely by for both of our families. There is no shortage of options in the area, but when we visited the Kinney Bungalow, we felt it was a perfect match for our dream wedding. The unique layout, beautiful outside lawn, and surrounding Sunset Farm, made for a perfect venue.

Our final guest count was 130 for our wedding, which was good because once we saw the layout for 150 people we realized there wouldn’t be much room for everyone! We suggest looking at the layout for your estimated number of guests, to make sure the venue is the right size for your wedding. We thought that 130 was probably the true maximum, and especially if it had rained, having the ceremony indoors would have been tough.

Our wedding was the first weekend in September on a Saturday from 4-10 PM (definitely recommend paying for the extra hour!). We decided to do our First Look and take pictures before at the Point Judith Lighthouse. The location was beautiful! During our ceremony, the noise from Point Judith Rd did not bother us. After cocktail hour, everything moved inside. At night, the Bungalow was beautiful (from the inside and outside!). We also were able to go outside after dinner and get some pictures right at sunset. It was great to be able to see the Bungalow all lit up. There is no shortage of beautiful locations for pictures at this venue.

Working with Lisa and Jenny was also great, and they made planning the wedding from Texas very easy. They were always prompt with email responses, and the Bungalow staff on the day of were great too. Everything was setup perfectly. We are very happy with our decision to have our wedding at the Kinney Bungalow. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of, and the Bungalow was a big part of that for us. We can’t wait for the next time we get to visit Narragansett and remember our perfect day there. Some of our family members even said that they found their new home!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Kate · Married on 07/18/2009

3.0

Outstanding building with an amazing view for photos. I recommend not using this space if you have more than 130 active guest. Cocktail hour on lawn can go unmatched.

Sent on 07/24/2009

Addie · Married on 08/17/2008

Shirley really took care of me! They were also wonderfully priced, and helped to avoid a near disaster-- my brother almost booked his wedding there for three weeks after mine! She recognized the name and took care of it right away. I grew up loving the venue and it meant a lot to have my reception there. The interior design is unique-- but did pose a bit of a problem since my band was in a corner far away from my guests. But I didn't mind-- it was my fairytale.

Sent on 11/13/2009

3.5

I overall loved having my wedding at Kinney Bungalow. The venue itself and the grounds are extremely beautiful- I had my ceremony outside under the arbor which was a wonderful back drop. The cocktail hour was also held outside and it was beautiful and sunny out. The reception was held inside- up on the second floor with huge windows showing the views all around the farm. The whole place has a very rustic, relaxed but elegant atmosphere. I would recommend this venue if you plan to do everything yourself- you have to hire and supply the caterer, rent the tables and chairs, provide your own alcohol etc.. Kinney Bungalow does come with a wedding coordinator Lisa, who although she will respond right away if you have any questions or concerns, she is pretty cold and not easy to talk to so I kind of avoided dealing with her and did it all myself.

Sent on 07/09/2013

beth · Married on 09/09/2011

Love the charm of Kinney Bungalow! Brandi was wonderful to work with and very helpful with identifying seating charts. Thought it was a great fit for our smaller wedding (95).

Sent on 09/26/2011

georgia · Married on 04/10/2010

After looking at many venues in this area, Kinney Bungalow ended up to be the perfect match for me. It was extremely easy to get to for my family and friends who were coming from southern New England. There was also plenty of room for a sit down dinner and dancing, that was priorty for us. It was also flexible and a very good value.

Sent on 03/05/2011

Kate · Married on 09/26/2009

3.0

A totally unique and beautiful venue. The staff is easy to work with and attentive, but since it?s a historic building owned by the town there are certain rules that you may not find at other places. My guests loved the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and the inside of the building is so lovely that you really don?t need any decorations. The building layout is different than your average open ballroom space which has its advantages and disadvantages. If you?re into adventurous photos, you can venture out into the farm for some awesome shots. I would recommend having no more than 130 guests although you can have up to 150.

Sent on 10/30/2009

Kinney Bungalow is a beautiful property. Due to it being an historical property, there are a lot of rules and regulations regarding what you can do at/near the property, but Lisa and Daisy were very easy to work with. The property is gorgeous and the ceremony can be held outside on the lawn. The hardwood floor were spectacular and plenty of room for dancing.

Sent on 05/31/2016
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2013

3.5

We had an amazing wedding reception at Kinney Bungalow. The building is absolutely beautiful, and the farm on which it is located is a fantastic backdrop. Particularly for a fall wedding, the space was perfect. We barely did any decorating at all.
    The building is a bit small and has an awkward shape, but we had a small reception of less than sixty people, so it was perfect. I believe the maximum capacity is 150 people, and I would not recommend it for such a large group. Our caterer and DJ both had worked there before, and they knew how to work with the space.
    There were very few bad things that I could say about the Bungalow. It is a bit pricey, although not as bad as some of the other locations that I looked at. One deceptive price factor is that you have to rent the tables and chairs from them. That cost added up much more quickly than I realized it would. I still thought it was worthwhile though. The other drawback was that alcohol can only be served via an open bar. We had planned to offer free non-alcoholic drinks and a cash bar, but we ended up having to do an open bar. That hurt our wallet a little bit, but again, it was not a major drawback.
    Overall, I was completely satisfied with Kinney Bungalow. I would definitely recommend it and would use it again myself if I had an appropriate event in the future.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Kristen · Married on 05/15/2010

The Bungalow was a gorgegous place to have a wedding! Our wedding was small, 61 guests and we had plenty of space, Brandi was wonderful to work with and all of our guests loved the entire day. The only problem with the location is the parking lot had no lights so it was pitch black when people were leaving.

Sent on 06/09/2010

Kaitlin · Married on 08/08/2015

4.2
      3.0

Kinney Bungalow at Sunset Farms is a beautiful rustic site for your wedding and is truly unique with the history of the property, current working farm, as well as a grand bungalow which can host your cocktail hours or reception itself. Our wedding was beautifully set up under a tent on the lawn with the cocktail hour upstairs in the bungalow. The sunset was truly AMAZING!! I couldn't believe how incredible it was, all of our guests were taking pictures of themselves with the sunset background. The bungalow is run by the town of Narragansett so there are some rules you may not find elsewhere which can not be negotiated i.e. where you get your tent from, rules about hours of the bar being open. Nothing crazy totally manageable rules and requests. You do have to buy tulip insurance for the event which covers any incident during the wedding.

Finally, on value, considering how costly close by Newport and Providence can cost for wedding venues, $2,500 for a non town resident is VERY good. The tent was an additional 2,600 which is something we definitely wanted, but you can have your reception upstairs in the bungalow. If you do want chairs and tables in the bungalow you must use their chairs which are an extra cost but very reasonable. Overall it was a blank canvas I was able to mold to my vision and with the help of my other vendors and the natural beauty of the outdoors it was an amazing day!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Susan · Married on 07/28/2014

3.8
      2.5

If you are looking for a charming historic setting the Kinney Bungalow is it. Beautifully renovated and wonderful location that any summer wedding will sure to love its orange sun set over the beautiful fields. This venue meant something to me and my family and it was a wonderful experience. You will need to bring in many rental extras but it was worth it. Staff is professional and you should expect many rules and guidelines typical to a historic property. Loved the quant location and venue. Great photo opportunities.

Sent on 08/18/2014