The Kingan Gardens Reviews

The Kingan Gardens 2
The Kingan Gardens 3

Kayla · Married on 02/24/2019

Absolutely Perfect

Sheila at Kingan Gardens was the perfect fit for us. She was incredibly flexible, available for questions, and helpful. She handled the many unexpected turns of our big day with a level of calm and professionalism that made our wedding feel perfect and took any concern out of the equation. It honestly feels so bizarre that Sheila isn't part of our daily lives anymore; she fit right in with our families throughout the planning process. The venue was beautiful and perfectly suited to our whimsical theme.
    In a word, it was amazing!

Sent on 02/28/2019

The Kingan Gardens's reply:

Thank you Kayla!!!! I truly enjoyed getting to know you and Ethan and the whole family! I hope we all stay in touch and that I get to meet the new member of the family when they arrive :-). Thank you for sharing your wedding with us all!!!!!
  • futuremrsS

Daisy · Married on 12/02/2018

Perfection!

I cannot say enough about this GOREOUS venue. It is beautiful, with amazing lighting. The garden is perfect and romantic. Sheila, the owner is the sweetest. She is so kind, helpful, and accommodating. The whole process was stress free, thanks to her. She along with her staff made our wedding day flow perfectly. The food was amazing, the dj Joe was fantastic. Cake was beautiful and delicious, Genevieve did an amazing job. I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work. This venue and everyone apart of the Kingan team deserve more than 10 stars.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Jennifer Ortiz · Married on 11/16/2018

My wedding day

I had my wedding at kingan gardens and it was everything I dreamed of! Sheila was amazing from the beginning to end of my wedding journey. A wedding planner is not needed at kingan gardens since Sheila is the wedding planner in a way. I highly recommend this hidden gem in downtown Tucson! I would do it all over again if I could!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Jenny · Married on 08/18/2018

A+ all the way!

We couldn't have been happier with our choice of venue. Sheila is awesome, and easy to work with. We liked that her packages were straight forward, yet we were able to upgrade some items. The courtyard setting was very beautiful. The DJ was also just as excellent. We picked all the music we wanted and the time we wanted it to play. He also does a great job of keeping the flow of the event, but always checking with the hosts first. The food was great, and they even sent all the leftovers home with us, so we fed our out of town guests the next day. The service staff were all friendly and efficient. We used the preferred vendor for our cake "cakes by Genevieve", and loved our cake as well. I can't think of anything that disappointed, it was all perfect as it should be (except the family/ friend drama), but the venue and all affiliates were 5 star all the way!

Sent on 11/18/2018

The Kingan Gardens's reply:

Thank you sooooo much Jenny! It was my pleasure and I hope to see you and Larry again. Stop by and visit me when you are in the area!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/06/2018

Fantastic venue to hold a wedding. Sheila was a fantastic wedding planner. Made everything perfect. The food was amazing and the garden looked spectacular in April. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Jessica · Married on 03/24/2018

Kingan offers an amazing and beautiful wedding venue with impeccable service in downtown Tucson. The owner, Sheila, is so helpful and thorough. I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed and appreciated working with Sheila. They are flexible to make your day happen in the way you imagined. All the vendors were awesome! Our cake was amazing, everyone raved about the food. The DJ was great and had the guests dancing the whole night. The photographer (Che with Wilson and Henry Photography) was awesome! I’m so excited to see our wedding photos, but if they turn out as good as our (included) engagement photos, I will be thrilled. Che was great to work with and had this cool new “photo booth” that was a total hit. We loved the bar tending service that was included with our package and all the staff assisting in the big day were very gracious and never made us feel like “just another wedding”. I felt nearly stress free planning the wedding and the day was executed beautifully. Our wedding was amazing and more that I ever thought it would be. I cannot recommend Kingan Gardens more!
    Ps- I’ve attended a wedding at a nearby competitor that offers a similar wedding venue service- doesn’t even compare to Kingan Gardens.

Sent on 04/03/2018
    The Kingan Gardens 4
    The Kingan Gardens 5
    The Kingan Gardens 6

Kim · Married on 10/27/2017

I can’t explain enough how amazing our experience was with Kingan Gardens. Sheila, the owner, is an amazing planner and host- she made us feel so special through the entire process. I do not even have one complaint about the entire night, I did not feel stressed the entire day and I know that the team working at the venue was a big reason. Our October wedding was beautiful, because of this venue! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Thank you Kingan Gardens- from the bottom of our heart!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Maria · Married on 09/24/2017

I'm so happy I found this gorgeous venue. I love how intimate it is, the vintage style, how beautiful it is. And to top it off, the owner/day of coordinator is amazing. She was there for any questions we had, she made sure our needs and wants were met so that our wedding was perfect and her staff also made sure everything went smoothly on our day. Thank you Sheila??.
    The vendors that work with her are awesome!????
    Ché Wilson photography & Dj- amazingly beautiful pics and makes one comfortable and relaxed when feeling anxious and nervous on their big day. Also his DJ Joe, though he is a giants fan?? lol he was great.
    Cakes by Genevieve- delicious and beautiful cake??!
    Rincon Market- your chicken Florentine was so yummy, oh and the kids mac and cheese??.
    If anyone plans to get married soon, this is a beautiful place to check out.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

We just celebrated our wedding this past weekend and it was everything we could have hoped for! From day one, Sheila was incredibly flexible, accommodating, and calm (which was very helpful on the day!). We were planning from out of state, and she helped make that pretty easy. On our wedding day, Sheila and her team gracefully rolled with the last-minute punches - - and there were a couple. :) I really appreciated that there was flexibility for who many of our vendors were, and the venue itself is fantastic. Great location, great value, and super for out of town guests to get a real Tucson vibe. We will enthusiastically recommend Kingan to anyone looking to marry in the area!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Nora · Married on 06/10/2017

We don't have words to describe how happy we felt about how our wedding was held. Their professionalism and dedication were the principal keys for a beautiful wedding. The photographer and music Che' Wilson DJ were amazing! Rincon Market prepared our Food and was excellent, Cakes by Genevieve displayed a dessert bar that was Beautiful and delicious! Sheila make our wedding success with all her experience and knowledge. Sheila at Kingan Gardens have everything that you need at one place. We highly recommend this venue to your next event.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/30/2016

I will recommend Sheila and her staff from Kingan Gardens to any of my friends and family. Our wedding was amazing and beautiful. I am still getting compliments from our family and friends on how beautiful the venue and how great the food was. We got married during monsoon season and Sheila reassured us that if it rains the party will still go on. She put up white tents for our wedding party and guest so we will be covered if it did rain at no additional charge to us. It did rain for about 15 mins but that did not ruin anything. She was very accommodating to our grandparents and helped them seek shelter inside as it passed. We used both the DJ and Photographer through Che Wilson and Wilson and Henry. They were great! I can say that Sheila had great communication between herself and the vendors and let myself and now husband be stress free as we planned the wedding in 2 months. Also Sheila helped get us an officiant the night before in just one phone call which made everything much more better. We will always remember our beautiful wedding at Kingan Gardens.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Patty · Married on 05/28/2016

My daughter and her new husband got married at Kingan Gardens May 28th, 2016. We booked it just 3 months earlier. Luckily Sheila, the owner, had a cancellation and we were able to secure the date. Sheila was amazing from day one! She was very accommodating with EVERY aspect of the preparations, and patient with our whole family (even the crazy ones). Even though we had such a short time to prepare, she had everything on point and on time. We didn't have much to worry about. The food was delicious, the dj's were nice and also accommodating. All the staff was friendly and hard working during the whole event. The venue itself is gorgeous and picturesque - perfect for wedding pictures. I cannot say enough good things about this place and Sheila! The reviews say it all!. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/12/2016

The Kingan Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Patty!!!! It was truly my pleasure and I wish you all the best :-)
    Sheila

Elia · Married on 04/23/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue! Sheila was wonderful, flexible and on top of everything . Day of wedding went smoothly and I didn't have worry about anything. The group of vendors that work with Sheila were very reliable and professional. The communication between everyone was great! I received so many compliments from my guests about how beautiful and romantic the venue was. I would definitely recommend Kingan Gardens to anyone looking for an absolutely beautiful, unique and romantic venue! Thank you Sheila for helping make our wedding day the best day ever!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

The Kingan Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Elia & Abraham! It was a pleasure to meet you both and get to be a part of your wedding. Congrats!!!!!!

Maria · Married on 04/22/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Kingan Gardens (our wedding was more than we imagined->it was perfect)!. Kingan gardens is such a very very beautiful and very charming place! Also, the wedding planning team was amazing! My family and I had the opportunity to work with Sheila. Sheila is such a kind hearted and amazing person! Sheila is a very amazing wedding planner! My husband and I are so so happy we had our wedding at Kingan Gardens (we would not have it in any other place).

Sent on 07/29/2016

Astrid · Married on 03/11/2016

Wow. Wow. Wow. It's hard to put into words how magical our wedding was at Kingan and how truly amazing Sheila was. She didn't miss a single detail and handled wedding with so much professionalism and grace. The venue itself is a dream. The fact that it is run by someone so effecient is even better.
    With the exception of one my bridesmaids who didn't show up for pictures, I didn't feel an ounce of stress because I knew everything was taken care of and everything looked absolutely stunning.

Sent on 03/16/2016

The Kingan Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Astrid & Ricky! It was completely all of our pleasure here at Kingan. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Stephanie · Married on 12/05/2015

Our experience at Kingan was absolutely flawless from day one! It all began when my husband reached out to Shelia to ask if he could propose at Kingan because he knew how much I loved the stunning grounds. Shelia was eager to help from that special moment until our wedding wrapped up five months later. Throughout the entire process, Shelia and the entire group of professionals working with Kingan made us feel confident and relaxed knowing that our wedding was going to be beautiful. Each month, we happily attended Kingan's bridal fairs to gather ideas, ask questions, and finalize plans with all of our vendors. Even in the days leading up to the wedding, Shelia was right there to answer questions and set any last minute plans. On the wedding day everything was perfection, better than we could have ever imagined. Shelia coordinated everything so well so that my husband and I could take in every important moment of our special day. No words can expressed how incredibly grateful we are!

Sent on 12/24/2015

This wedding venue was everything I wanted and I couldn't have been happier. Sheila was amazing and so accommodating with all of my questions and last minute changes!! It ended up raining on my wedding day, Sheila got large wedding tents and set up canopies every where without any extra charges. She made every guest there completely comfortable in the rain.
    The bartenders through Bartenders 101 through the venue were amazing. They were very professional and were great!
    The food was through Rincon Market which did not taste like your traditional wedding food at all! It was DELICIOUS. We had prickly pear chicken with corn casserole and potatoes. Also it was all gluten-free which was a huge thing for me having Celiacs.
    We also booked the DJ through the venue. He was great and kept the guests dancing all night!!
    We ended up not booking the photographer through the vendor because we found one more in our price range.
    Everything about the venue was perfect! It was also very reasonably priced. We loved that we were able to bring our own alcohol. It saved us a lot of money compared to other venues!! I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Elda · Married on 09/05/2015

Sheila, our wedding coordinator, was incredible! Answered all of our questions in a timely manner, was super flexible with any changes or requests we had prior to our wedding and even during our day. Our wedding day went flawlessly, it was perfect! Che, our photographer, was also amazing! Our engagement shoot was scheduled within a week of meeting him, super professional and made our wedding day pictures look incredible, we love them all!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Alexis · Married on 08/29/2015

My wedding was beyond amazing! everything came out beautiful and more than what I wanted! Sheila was so helpful and made everything run smoothly throughout the whole event...my wedding day it rained which was for maybe 30 min but Sheila and her staff made sure to save my decorations and set up everything the way it was before. They also offer tarps and canopies in case it rains as an option at no charge! I promise you that this wedding venue is simply amazing!! you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Christine · Married on 08/22/2015

I was looking for a venue to have a Garden Bridal Shower for 30 guests - I wanted the flexibility of bringing in my own food, table settings etc for a morning brunch for a couple of hours. I was prepared to have tables rented and delivered. My daughter the bride stumbled upon Kingan Gardens and suggested it to me. I was absolutely shocked at how perfect it was. Shade, grass, brick , small garden, butterflies and humming birds. It continued to get better. Sheila was everything and more! I needed wi-fi for music, she had it, tables and chairs were available (worked in with the price) but they are on location. Cooling fans, small prep kitchen, bathroom to change in and even an alternate room in case of rain. She not only let me do my thing but helped the morning of. I attempted a naked cake for the first time and was struggling with that when she also stepped in to help. The event turned out perfect for my plans and the bride later stated " it was more than i could've hoped for and exactly what i wanted" . Mission accomplished. I can't say enough about this venue and Sheila. I may only have a need for several other events like that in my life, but I absolutely will go back. THANK YOU THANK YOU.... it wasn't easy having a garden theme bridal brunch in the desert...but Kingan Gardens provided the perfect place. Did I mention, cute carriage house, great photo back grounds and adequate parking!!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Darcy · Married on 05/30/2015

If you want to see your dream wedding come true, then this is the venue you want! I had 60 people and it was perfect! A quote from one of my guests " We have been married 26 years and this is the most elegant wedding we've ever been to". If your still not sure, then walk into the carriage house and go upstairs. Now turn and look out the window. This view took my breath away! 5 stars on every single vender involved!! Thank You, Kim and Darcy Johnson .. Married May 30th, 2015 !!

Sent on 06/08/2015

My wife and I want to thank you again for such an easy affordable experience, having our wedding ceremony performed at your beautiful location. If we had not been contacted by you when we received our Marriage License we would have had a sterile and unremarkable service before a Justice of the Peace who would be a complete stranger to us. Although we met you only a few days prior to our ceremony, you made us feel so welcomed and like we had known you forever. We instantly felt your personal warmth and attention to our wishes. From that moment on there was no doubt that we would be married at your venue. When the date arrived everything went without a single hitch. We could not have asked for more. Thank you again for making our wedding so simple, affordable and memorable. David & Josefina Rallo

Sent on 03/16/2015

Daniela · Married on 02/28/2015

We had to change venues 4 days before our wedding date. Sheila at Kingan Gardens was a lifesaver! The place is absolutely stunning. The garden is gorgeous, the carriage house is beautiful, and the staff was so helpful. After signing the contract at Kingan Gardens - remember, this was 4 days before our wedding - Sheila got to work immediately. She coordinated with my vendors to ensure they knew of the new venue, arranged set-up times, made helpful recommendations to make the flow of the event even better, and answered all the millions of questions I had leading up to the date. She was on-site during the reception to ensure that things ran smoothly and they did. Considering all the planning and coordinating we had to do in such a short amount of time, I could not be happier with Sheila and the Kingan Gardens staff. Thanks to them we had the most beautiful and memorable ceremony and reception and we could not be happier with how things turned out. All of our guests were amazed at the place! I would not hesitate to recommend Kingan Gardens!

We had the following problems with our original wedding venue, Borderlands Brewing Co.: #1) They installed a giant bocce ball court which took 1/3 of the space we were going to use for the ceremony and reception. They told us by email 4 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING, didn’t even bother to call. #2) They did not apply for a liquor license we needed in order to serve wine. They were not proactive to find a solution and instead my husband figured it out. #3) They booked a food truck and had plans to park it in the middle of the courtyard were the wedding would take place. They hesitated to cancel it and eventually agreed to park it on the street. If you are considering having your wedding at Borderlands, I am asking you to think about it twice. Unless you have a wedding planner, you will have to do all the planning yourself since the event coordinator was not helpful at all and they clearly did not take our wedding seriously.

Sent on 03/06/2015

THE VENUE IS BEAUTIFUL PERFECT GARDEN WEDDING. I RECOMMEND YOU SIT WITH SHEILA THE OWNER AND TELL HER EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. SHE WILL MAKE SURE YOUR WEDDING DAY IS BEAUTIFUL AND RUNS SMOOTHLY. SHE HAS LOTS OF EXPERIENCE AND REALLY GOOD SUGGESTIONS.

Sent on 02/12/2015

Recently attended Wedding at Kingan and I was amazed, with the venue and services provide. The location was perfect the garden is absolutly beautiful. Anyone looking for a venue should definatly check Kingan Gardens out. My freinds said that Sheila was a pleasure to work with and their special day was perfect.

Sent on 02/13/2015