The Hudson Cake Studio Reviews

32 Reviews for The Hudson Cake Studio

• Taylor

Taylor Stephens · Married on 09/26/2020

Dessert Bar Wedding

After finding Hudson Cake Studio on Instagram I fell in love with all of their mini desserts. So we decided on a dessert bar for our wedding with a small cake. Everything was so yummy! I also loved the little hearts that were on top of the mini pies and peach cobblers. I highly recommend Hudson Cake Studio! Everything was so yummy and beautiful.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Sierra

Sierra Thomas · Married on 09/05/2020

Outstanding!

I can't recommend Hudson Cake Studio enough! Kerri was kind and helpful and quick to respond to any questions I had. We got a private tasting with our chosen cake flavors before we even booked. On our wedding day Kerri took care of everything. She set up the cake, decorated it with our flowers/cake topper and even showed our coordinator how to cut the tiered cake to serve to everyone. As for the cake itself...delicious!! Not only did it look perfect but it tasted amazing as well. My husband and I each had some for breakfast the next day. We will book Hudson Cake Studio for all of our cakes in the future.

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Emily

Emily Sabbatini · Married on 07/10/2020

The absolute best!!

OMG - I cannot begin to express how happy I was Kerri's creations for our wedding. We didn't want to have a big multi-tiered cake, so instead she created 75 of the most perfectly adorable "mini cake" that had the semi-naked icing around the outside. Not only were they soooo beautiful, but they were DELICIOUS. We took several to freeze and eat for our 1 year anniversary, and I can't wait! All of our guests were blown away and said they'd never seen something so beautiful, special, different and delicious! Book Hudson Cake Studio now, you will be so happy you did!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • O

Olivia Hewison · Married on 10/19/2019

Elegant Wedding Cake!

I had a great experience with Kerri when we decided to use The Hudson Cake Studio as our baker. She was quick to respond to all my emails and even a phone call from my mother. I sent her a Pinterest photo of the design i wanted and she executed the cake perfectly! I couldn't imagine another baker in Broome County that would have been able to do this. The experience goes deeper than just ordering your cake. Here are the other amenities that come along with choosing this business. Kerri will ship 4 different cake samples (with filling) for a low reasonable price so you can try the cake BEFORE you purchase it. I planned my wedding long distance so this was a huge plus! We wanted the cake to be displayed on a cake stand which means the bottom layer of the cake needed to be made on the stand. We had a stand shipped to her and she made it happen. She delivered the cake well before the reception started and was always available by email (answers within the hour). I highly recommend Kerri and the Hudson Cake Studio, great experience and delicious cake!!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Jenelle

Jenelle Whalon · Married on 09/01/2019

Super accommodating

Kerri was so easy to work with and was able to craft the perfect cake for our wedding that met my dietary restrictions. I am gluten intolerant and she made the most delicious gluten free cake that I have ever tasted. I had a tier of vanilla cake with PB frosting and a tier of chocolate cake with mocha frosting, both were fantastic! She arrived before the wedding to set up and the cake looked better than I could ever imagine. Can't wait to dig in to our anniversary cake in a few months!

Samuel Chiszar · Married on 08/31/2019

An excellent choice

Kerri did a great job with our cake. It was delicious, beautiful, and reasonably-priced. She was easy to deal with and very communicative. I recommend her without reservation.

• Kari

Kari · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

When I was planning my wedding I made sure to book and hire my vendors very early to make sure what I wanted was available to me. I booked a different cake baker for my wedding cake a year and a half before my wedding day. We had everything worked out and how my vision was to come to life, taste, flavors, colors, etc. As we got closer to the wedding she quite returning my messages and calls. I got very worried and upset. I started to look around for another baker and could not find anyone local. I ended up going to a local wedding expo event about 6 months before my wedding. There I heard about The Hudson Cake Studio. They had a stand set up and were sampling two different flavors of their wedding cakes. I decided to try a Tiramisu flavor. I instantly fell in love and now wanted THIS to be MY wedding cake flavor! I took Kerri's buisness card in the hopes that she was not booked for my wedding date. Later on I sent out an e-mail to contact her and told her what happened with my other baker. She was extremely fast with responding to me so I knew that was a perfect first immpression. She was so sweet and explained the process of creating a wedding cake, broke down the pricing and had me feeling totally comforable. I knew I could relay on her to deliver the perfect cake for my perfect day. I looked through her photos on her Instagram account and found this cake that she recently made for another couples wedding. I LOVED it as soon as I saw it and completely changed my mind about the look and style of my cake that I originally wanted. Her cake had lavender color on it and my wedding color was champagne, so I asked if she wanted to recreate that cake but change to a shimmer sparkle champagne color instead of the lavender. She did it! I immediately sent her a check in the mail for payment, paid her in full and crossed my fingers! As soon as she recieved the payment she messaged me letting me know that she got it. The size was perfect and exactly what I had pictured. She pays very good attention to detail and does an amazing job with making sure the cake is very moist, never dried out. The frosting was this amazing light and NOT too sweet buttercream frosting. I can not stand cake frosting that is too sweet and sugary. This was perfect. I dont know how she did the tiny and fine detailing of my glitter champagne accent frosting.. but I got so many compliments on my cake...yet it was SO simple and thats why I loved it. We did not serve our cake to all of our guest as we had another dessert bar...but my family and my husband loved it. I picked out the Tiramisu flavor for the top teirs for myself and the bottom was carrot cake for my husband as that is his favorite flavor. He never did a cake sampling and is very picky with his carrot cakes...yet he was blown away. It was just the right amount of spice and sweet, cream cheese icing, delicous! We made sure we had plenty to freeze after the wedding. It freezes beautifully and tastes just as good leftover! By the time our wedding rolled around my original cake baker had sent me a text message three days before my wedding day telling me that she would not be making my wedding cake! Can you believe that? I was SO glad that I trusted my gut feeling and got ahold of Kerri as soon as I heard about her business. We also had many vendors show up late, TWO more of our hired wedding vendors back out on us at the last minute and an AWFUL wedding photographer that did not follow through with her contract and job that caused MANY tears and SO much stress along the way. The morning of my wedding I was thinking "what else could go wrong" but had some ease in my mind with the cake. I was inside getting ready and my husband told me that the cake women had arrived ON TIME with a PERFECT cake, and set it up on the dessert table for us. I could breathe again knowing it was okay! My husband also told me that she wrote a very sweet write up about us with a photo of the cake on her website! That was a sweet little bonus that left some tears in my eyes! I HIGHLY recommend The Hudson Cake Studio for your wedding day cake, or any other baking service for a special event in your life. She will truly make it memorable, stress free, delicous and will put you at ease knowing she delivers above and beyond to make you happy. If I did not go to the wedding expo I would not have found The Hudson Cake Studio because her location is quite a way away from where my wedding was taking place. Yet she made the cake AND delivered it all the way to my house (which was where my wedding was) Thank you so much again. This was a blessing finding you!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Katie · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Tasty Wedding Cakes!

Kerri was great to work with from cake tasting to cake design and flavor profile to cake decoration and delivery. Our guests raved about the beauty and taste of all three of our cakes! We even ordered some wedding cake-related Christmas treats which Kerri happily accommodated and were a huge hit. Highly recommend!!

Allison Emmet · Married on 05/18/2019

Delicious!

(May 18th Wedding - Owls Hoot Barn): I highly recommend the Hudson Cake Studio for wedding desserts! Firstly, we absolutely loved that we were able to do cake tastings from home since we live pretty far from our venue area (They can mail you very fresh cake samples of your choice in mason jars on ice). Perfect for the busy brides or grooms-to-be. Kerri was extremely helpful and responsive through the whole process, giving recommendations based on our number or guests, etc. and popular options. She even made sure we had vegan options (which both the vegan and non-vegan amily members enjoyed). The cake not only looked even better than I anticipated, but really tasted incredible. (Guests are still raving about the vanilla with nutella filling combo)! I suggest giving the rosemary/honey cake option a taste (we ended up adding these as one of our cupcake flavors - so unique!), and the snickerdoodle cookies in particular were also amazing. My expectations were definitely exceeded, and the pricing was very reasonable for the amount of dessert we got. Would definitely hire Hudson Cake Studio again.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Arielle

Arielle Silver · Married on 05/18/2019

We LOVED our wedding cake!

We had such a wonderful experience working with Kerri. She is extremely flexible and responsive, and not to mention, her cakes are absolutely beautiful & delicious. We chose the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting after having a tasting in the convenience of our home! I loved that Kerri sent us little mason jars with different cake flavors -- all were delicious. So many people told me at the wedding it was the BEST wedding cake they ever had...not to mention, extremely beautiful. Thank you Hudson Cake Studio! It was a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Arriane · Married on 09/08/2018

Kerri was an absolute dream to work with! She was so responsive and fun to collaborate with! Since we live so far away from her studio she sent us jars of samples which were all to die for! We decided to go with a vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling, a red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, and vanilla vegan cupcakes and they were ALL delicious! Not only were her desserts delicious, but they were beautiful too! I can't wait to eat our cake again on our anniversary. THANK YOU KERRI!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/14/2018

The cake turned out exactly how I was hoping it would. It tasted amazing and everyone loved it. Kerri was extremely friendly and responded quickly to every email. I will definitely be going back to her for my cakes.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Jill · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding cake was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted. Kerri took our vision and made it come to life. Our guests are still talking about it how yummy it was. We did 3 tiers, 2 white vanilla and the middle tier was chocolate. The filling was fresh berries and the outside was a semi- frosted with fresh berries. It was simple and rustic.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

We were so happy with Hudson Cake Studio. Kerri matched our vision perfectly and the taste of the cake was to die for! Our guests are still talking about the coconut cake! I will use Kerri for any future event.

Sent on 08/05/2018
  • fisdojgovi

fisdojgovi · Married on 01/16/2018

Still dreaming about that cake

Kerri is an incredibly talented baker and it shows in the impeccable taste and beautiful designs of her baked goods. Not to mention, she is incredibly responsive and easy to work with. She has so many flavor options available so everyone can find something they like! I enjoyed her red velvet cake and custom sugar cookies. I've been to hundreds of weddings and have had my fair share of cakes, so trust me when I say Kerri can bake with the best. I highly recommend the Hudson Cake Studio if you want to wow your friends or family, or even if you want to treat yourself.

Sent on 07/29/2020

Alana · Married on 10/28/2017

Kerri made the cake for our wedding at the Owl's Hoot Barn last weekend, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her and the Hudson Cake Studio. She won us over instantly with her cake samples, no comparison shopping needed - it was simply the most delicious cake we'd ever tasted! She was super friendly and easy to work with when talking about the design, we felt like she had our backs every step of the way, and in the end she gave us the amazing rainbow wedding cake of my dreams. She also provided vegan cupcakes for some of our guests and although I didn't taste them myself, I was told they were delicious!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Paige · Married on 10/14/2017

I was so excited that Kerri was able to provide a naked cake for my baby shower. Especially given the fact that I have several dietary restriction. She made a beautiful AND delicious gluten, dairy, soy free cake with very little added sugar. People were raving about it. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

Best Damn Cake I've Ever Had! I had an apple caramel cake for my fall wedding and it was delicious! Wedding cakes usually aren't the best but mine was so good guests were eating it while on the dance floor because they couldn't put it down! We even asked for a very specific birch tree design with our initials scratched in it and I was blown away when i saw it. I wish I lived closer so I could use them for every party i ever had.

Sent on 10/25/2017

R · Married on 01/21/2016

As a business owner myself I know how important presentation is and Kerri nailed it! But it don't stop there. The texture and taste is actually just as important and in fact a talking point that lasts much longer than how good something looked. Again, Kerri nailed it! Glad we met her and will use her for any and all of our cake/cupcake needs. We will recommend Kerri to anyone who needs a world class cake for any occasion.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Laura · Married on 10/12/2014

The Hudson Cake Studio made my wedding dreams come true. My previous baker cancelled on me less than a month before my wedding and Kerri L. Slack swooped in to the rescue. She made me the perfect cake and was the absolute sweetest woman to work with.

3 and a half years later and I got a surprise mason jar replica of my wedding cake in the mail

Choose Kerri and The Hudson Cake Studio and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Kerri is wonderful! Her cakes are just fabulous. I remember my husband asking me on the way to our meeting with Kerri whether he should tell her he doesn't like cake, but then he gobbled up all of her samples because they were so amazing. I could barely get a slice!

Her artistry is remarkable. We had no idea what we wanted but just said we were interested in a "mountain" theme, and she came up with an elegant design for us. She was very responsive and really listened to us and what we wanted. Her prices are also very reasonable. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Eileen · Married on 08/01/2013

The Hudson Cake Studio made my 20th anniversary cake. I choose them because I am very picky about ingredients and Kerri is too. The cake Kerri designed was created out of her conversation with me about what was important to my husband and I and what made our relationship special. I was so impressed with her creativity and artistry, and the cake had several different flavors, each one superb. I can't wait for another reason to work with Kerri again and enjoy one of her fabulous creations. It is great to finally have this caliber of cake design in Hudson.

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • User3662306 · event on: 11/10/2012

Very impressed with level of service and product. Loved working with Kerri - and will refer business there in the future! Very trustworthy & reliable; she is as invested in a good result as I am.

Ann
    CyberDefense.org

Sent on 11/07/2013

Kerri made one of the best cakes I have ever tasted. Not only that, but it was stunningly decorated. She goes above and beyond to please her customer, yet still being true to executing a quality cake. This is not your average cake...or your average baker. Can't wait to have a taste again!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Mary · Married on 08/18/2012

Without a doubt the Best designer I have ever ha the pleasure of doing business with. A++++ on everything. She is amazing and the best thing.. THE CAKE IS ABSOULTLY delicious, beyond what we ever expected.. Kudos Hudson Cake Studio and Kerri the Owner!!

Sent on 11/06/2013