The Hotel at Kirkwood Center Reviews

Cedar Rapids, IA
Rating 4.8 out of 5, 5 Reviews
View more information

• User2413591 2+ years ago
    It was a wonderful experience all around! Loved working with the wedding planner, Mary - she's one in a million!
  • User2055497 2+ years ago
    SO AMAZING!! Even the most simple decorations that we brought in made it look so classy and elegant. I loved having our reception there!
  • User1996529 2+ years ago
    The event coordinator was very easy to work with. She was able to accommodate our requests and change the menu to fit our tastes. She responded to phone calls and emails very quickly. The entire staff on the night of the event were very professional. Our wedding party and all of our guests were treated very well. We would recommend this venue for a wedding of any size.
    Raina Married on 09/02/2017
    My wedding at the Hotel at kirkwood went PERFECTLY! Everything was sooo beautiful! The staff made sure I had everything I needed and helped make everything run smoothly. The food and cake were to die for and I LOVED my moscato fountain!
    Dana Married on 07/16/2016
    We had everything here: the rehearsal, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch. The hotel is fantastic! Our guests loved the hotel and everyone complimented the food. Renting the venue was actually cheaper than some other options in CR, but the food is expensive. However, the food you get is superb and they offer many choices. You can even customize what you would like (we changed the side on an entrée). On the day of, they did mix up which side went with which entrée and their cheese fountain didn't work, but they refunded us a little for that. The staff is great to work with and very friendly. At our request, they offered a shuttle for our guests to the farmers market downtown for a small fee. The only complaint I have is that the communication was lacking until about a week before our wedding. The staff set everything up for our wedding and did a great job (I didn't tell them exactly where to put all the décor). On the Wed before our wedding, we were able to bring all of our décor to the hotel. After the reception, they cleaned the entire room and put our décor into a smaller room until we could get it out on Sun. Their coordination really helped me be stress-free on our actual wedding day. The hotel ended up saving our day. Our dj wasn't able to play music on his system. Without having to ask, the hotel played all the music during the cocktail hour and reception and did a nice job. Our guests didn't even notice that it wasn't the dj playing music. I am definitely glad that I made the decision to use this hotel and would recommend it for others!